PDA

View Full Version : Which streak is more impressive, Denver or the Heat?

Jimmer55
03-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Obviously, Denver plays in a tougher conference and they have not one single franchise player. At the time Miami colluded to form their team, 3 of the top 4 PER players banded together to form what some call the most cowardly team of all time. Miami's streak is longer.

bucketss
03-20-2013, 04:49 PM
another heat related thread by jimmer fredette.

ManRam
03-20-2013, 04:49 PM
:sigh:

JEDean89
03-20-2013, 04:51 PM
heat, they have the second longest win streak of all time. i don't care who's on the team.

SportsFanatic10
03-20-2013, 04:53 PM
hmmm lets see...the longest streak of the modern era and 2nd longest streak ever, or a 13 game winning streak that isn't even as long as the clippers streak of 17 earlier this year. wow its such a tough call :rolleyes:.

and i don't want to take anything from denver they are impressive and i love watching them, but the OPs agenda is beyond pathetic at this point. i think it really irks him that kobe never had a streak like this lol.

Chronz
03-20-2013, 04:54 PM
Definitely the streak that is historic, the lack of compelling evidence by the OP makes this a no brainer. Still I have no problem if you find Denver's more impressive, what definitely cannot be argued against is that Bron has been the best PLAYER in any streak you want to mention this year.

The only sensible thing you've said, the one accurate observation you've made is that indeed, Dwayne Wade is an all-time great player who is better as an individual player then anyone Jordan or Bird played with, but it's completely irrelevant. Your entire diatribe is a series of sophistries, non sequitors and outright loony statements. It's all special pleading. LeBron is held to a standard no other star has been held to. LeBron should win titles, but he shouldn't have any great players around him, and if he does, they can't be too great, or they can't be in their primes. LeBron shouldn't have teamed up with Wade and Bosh and aimed for the stars, he should have sought out a Joe Johnson or Baron Davis-type marginal all-star, or he should have teamed up with Derrick Rose and Joachim Noah instead of Wade and Bosh, what?

Pau Gasol is a "role player" and Bosh was top 4 in the league. But Gasol had a PER of 24 the year before he was traded to the Lakers. Bosh had a PER of 25 the year before he signed with the Heat! One guy's a role player for your purposes and the other guy is top 4 in the league? This is the worst sort of rubbish, it's the sort of crap that gives B.S. a bad name. Isn't Derrick Rose a "leader of men"? Isn't he a great player too? Or is he just a role player too, after all, his PER was 23 and 23.5 the last 2-seasons is worse than Pau's before he got to LA, so by your definition, he's a role player.

We're reminded that LeBron is a coward, but Kobe is a competitor. Yea right. He wins 3 championships with Shaq, and runs the guy out of town. The fact that their 2 egos couldn't coexist didn't mean that Kobe had supreme confidence he could win despite not having a supporting cast. It only proves that Kobe was a megalomaniac. Learn the distinction. How well did Kobe do post-Shaq? As soon as he realized he couldn't get it done with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker he either demanded they get someone else on the roster or trade him. A competitor to the last.

You are correct in noting that the league is different now then it was in the old days, but it doesn't bolster your point any. Unrestricted free agency didn't exist until 1988, so how the heck do you know what the players of old would or would not have done? In the old RFA system Moses Malone bailed on the Rockets and signed with the Sixers, a team that had been in the NBA Finals in 2 of the previous 3 seasons, had averaged 60-wins a season during that stretch and boasted 4 All-Stars and a DPOY and Sixth Man of the Year. Bird, Magic and Isiah to name only a few had no need to consider leaving their teams since they were already on championship squads. Tim Duncan won a championship the year after he got into the league. Kevin Durant performed no act of competitive valor by resigning with the Thunder, it was already a 50-win team with Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Serge Ibaka and Jeff Green on the roster, but still in diapers, any player would have looked at that and said the sky's the limit, why would he leave other than an extreme dislike for OKC?

And frankly, who is questioning LeBron James or the Heat? You? That's a small chorus line. Everyone is elated at their greatness. In awe. The media, people who know the game fellate them daily. The superlatives that flow when describing the Heat are adulatory. The ratings are skyhigh. They're on the cusp of greatness. People will speak of them in 20-years like the Jordan Bulls or the Showtime Lakers. Your loathing won't register so much as a blip on an electron detector at CERN. It's a rain drop in a tsunami. It's pure trolling on your part.

Jimmer55
03-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Definitely the streak that is historic, the lack of compelling evidence by the OP makes this a no brainer. Still I have no problem if you find Denver's more impressive, what definitely cannot be argued against is that Bron has been the best PLAYER in any streak you want to mention this year.

That thread was locked by people who feared me and the truth. Cowardly to say the least. (And you know about cowardly behavior)

UKBronco58
03-20-2013, 05:01 PM
From a Nuggets fan, the Heat.

ATX
03-20-2013, 05:06 PM
:facepalm:

If ever this emoticon was truly needed.

WARRIORS@GR
03-20-2013, 05:06 PM
Why would anyone really answer or even look at a thread created by this guy?i am new here,but he is the worst poster i've seen so far.

ATX
03-20-2013, 05:07 PM
Why would anyone really answer or even look at a thread created by this guy?i am new here,but he is the worst poster i've seen so far.

Worst all time, easily

Ban thsi fool

Im_in_Mia_bish
03-20-2013, 05:07 PM
lol OP is wrong on all accounts.. but heat so far, although what denver doing is impressive as well.

RLundi
03-20-2013, 05:09 PM
Give it a rest already. No one cares but you.

b@llhog24
03-20-2013, 05:11 PM
Just ban the guys thread making privileges, no big deal.

b@llhog24
03-20-2013, 05:11 PM

Nah, he's not even a top 5 all time troll.

lajoie
03-20-2013, 05:13 PM
I think the Pistons losing 9 in a row is more impressive.

Bishnoff
03-20-2013, 05:19 PM
heat, they have the second longest win streak of all time. i don't care who's on the team.

This.

Jimmer55
03-20-2013, 05:23 PM
If I am such a bad poster, why is the poll currently tied? Who is my one on ESPN currently heavily in favor of the Nuggets?

LAKobeBryant
03-20-2013, 05:25 PM
another thread bout heat streak.

WARRIORS@GR
03-20-2013, 05:30 PM
another thread from a kobephile trying to discredit heat streak.fixed it

Chronz
03-20-2013, 05:33 PM
If I am such a bad poster, why is the poll currently tied? Who is my one on ESPN currently heavily in favor of the Nuggets?

This is just one of the many examples of why your a bad poster. Look up the relevance of sample size when conducting polls.

NOBODY said you were the only bad poster here bro. Should have made this poll public tho, willing to bet that the reputable members are siding with common sense and the rest well..... lets just say they are entitled to their opinion. The kind of opinion that they would rather not defend in public.

FraziersKnicks
03-20-2013, 05:34 PM
The shorter one, obviously.

FraziersKnicks
03-20-2013, 05:35 PM
It's absolutely fantastic that Denver has 4 votes.........

Leach11
03-20-2013, 05:38 PM
Can someone ban this joke of an OP already...

ManRam
03-20-2013, 05:41 PM
Can someone ban this joke of an OP already...

Yeah...this is ridiculous.

jpro started a thread in the F&S forum about the NBA forum. There probably have been hundreds of those since PSD has existed, but i genuinely think this is the worst it's ever been. it's unbearable.

psd bans people for calling someone an "idiot" in a mild manner, but lets the cesspool thrive and refuse to actually ban/punish the guys who ruin thread after thread after thread. they got their priorities all ****ed up.

ztilzer31
03-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Yeah we need to ban all these trolls. There's about 5 of them. If Lakers fans don't like Heat threads get out of them. Jimmer is an obvious troll however. He needs to get the permanent ban. Make complaints to the mods. They're already aware of the situation.

hidalgo
03-20-2013, 05:45 PM
gotta go with the longest streak in the modern era

b@llhog24
03-20-2013, 05:46 PM
Yeah...this is ridiculous.

jpro started a thread in the F&S forum about the NBA forum. There probably have been hundreds of those since PSD has existed, but i genuinely think this is the worst it's ever been. it's unbearable.

psd bans people for calling someone an "idiot" in a mild manner, but lets the cesspool thrive and refuse to actually ban/punish the guys who ruin thread after thread after thread. they got their priorities all ****ed up.

This. Coincidentally they're all (well most of them) fans of a specific player.

Chronz
03-20-2013, 05:49 PM
This. Coincidentally they're all (well most of them) fans of a specific player.
Gotta vent somehow. Times are tough right now.

hidalgo
03-20-2013, 05:49 PM
i don't mind trolls at all. maybe because i am one alot of times. but i think everyone has the right to their own opinions(even if they have a complete different opinion than mine), even if it's baiting. as long as it's the subject of basketball & doesn't become a big cuss out fight. that's just me though, i like a good heated b-ball debate sometimes

SteBO
03-20-2013, 05:57 PM
This is has gone far beyond the level of absurdity. It's not even about the streaks anymore, and probably rightfully so given the agenda behind this thread. To the OP, this is your one and only warning...please stop the trolling/baiting.