PDA

View Full Version : Where will the Heat's historic winning streak end?

JasonJohnHorn
03-20-2013, 11:50 AM
This is there schedule for the rest of the year. Where will the streak end?

24-@Cleveland Cavaliers
25-Detroit Pistons
26-Charlotte Bobcats
27-@Orlando Magic
28-@Chicago Bulls
29-@New Orleans Hornets
30-@San Antonio Spurs
31-New York Knicks
32-@Charlotte Bobcats
33-Philadelphia 76ers
34-Milwaukee Bucks- This would beat the Lakers's streak
35-@Washington Wizards-
36-Boston Celtics
37-Chicago Bulls
38-@Cleveland Cavaliers
39-Orlando Magic
It will go into Next season

ATX
03-20-2013, 11:55 AM
I'll guess the streak ends at 27 wins in Chicago, though I could certainly see it going longer as well. @SA of course would be on paper the most difficult hurdle.

Utd7
03-20-2013, 11:56 AM
If Rose plays then the 28th but I think it ends against the Spurs.

ManRam
03-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Magic gonna end it, be it sooner or later.

FraziersKnicks
03-20-2013, 11:58 AM
@Bulls and @Spurs are gonna be the toughest two to overcome before they beat the Lakers win streak. Everything else is extremely winnable, which is pretty crazy.

They could easily go 37-2 to finish the season.

Max.This
03-20-2013, 12:26 PM
@Bulls and @Spurs are gonna be the toughest two to overcome before they beat the Lakers win streak. Everything else is extremely winnable, which is pretty crazy.

They could easily go 37-2 to finish the season.

I'm ashamed to have felton as my starting point guard, maybe you should be too. I'd take Lin and his contract anyday over that beaver

Knick_Fever
03-20-2013, 12:47 PM
My guess would be against the Spurs but they have a good chance to win every single game on out (if wade can remain healthy).

xabial
03-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Considering the Heat lost their first two games to the Knicks by 20 Points and at one point were at a 16 point deficit to them during their the last game together. I would have to say Knicks. (If Tyson Chandler and Carmelo Anthony are 100% healthy)

Now Wouldn't that be something ;)

Steelers23_06
03-20-2013, 01:02 PM
I said bulls. Idk where but they have to have an off game right? 10 wins is A LOT. Everyone that plays the heat has been and is going to continue to play them their best...these are nba players ya know? They aren't just going to roll over. I like it though it is getting them playoff ready because every game means something. It's rare when you see defending champs taking the regular season this season. Those are the great teams we remember so pretty much what I'm saying is no matter what we witnessed history something only one other team has done so we are watching an all time great franchise IMO. So just enjoy the wave and haters better get another sport hahaha

MikefromMars
03-20-2013, 01:04 PM
I agree with the Spurs, but I think it would be great if it ended tonight at Cleveland. And no, I'm not a hater. I just think it's the best story.

LakersIn5
03-20-2013, 01:31 PM
bobcats

D-Leethal
03-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Somewhere in that 4 game road trip.

WARRIORS@GR
03-20-2013, 02:15 PM
Number 32- MJ's bobcats would be fun.

CHANGO
03-20-2013, 02:34 PM
A lot of ULTRA DUPLA MEGA TRAP games... That's not funny... :o

utl768
03-20-2013, 02:40 PM
tonight vs the cavs

there coming off a huge win vs boston and could be in for a letdown plus the crowd will be fired up cuz of lebron

realistically the only game left which could smell trouble is the spurs one

Chronz
03-20-2013, 02:53 PM
I think its gonna be a ****** team that does them in.

JoeBlessU
03-20-2013, 03:09 PM
I think we are forgettin that Lebron isnt just a basketball player, hes a god and an immortal.. He will never lose another game ever again:worthy:

WARRIORS@GR
03-20-2013, 03:12 PM
tonight vs the cavs

there coming off a huge win vs boston and could be in for a letdown plus the crowd will be fired up cuz of lebron

realistically the only game left which could smell trouble is the spurs oneWith irving and waiters out?they are not losing to cj miles and speights,come on.

JWO35
03-20-2013, 03:30 PM
Against Detroit, Brandon Knight dunks on the entire Big 3....and scores 85pts.

hidalgo
03-20-2013, 05:53 PM
i think the Spurs will end it if it goes that far

i hope they get 34+ though

HowFit
03-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Spurs...

D.O.N.
03-20-2013, 06:04 PM
If they beat the spurs i can see them carry it through next season.
(But most likely they'll lose to a random team when nobody expects it)

ztilzer31
03-20-2013, 06:07 PM
I just think it would be hilarious if Charlotte won. It would just be hilarious to me. If Cleveland wins you might has well shut down the NBA forum for a week lol. I can only imagine the arguments.

The sad part is none of these teams are really that good, but I think they'll slip up against Philly on their 33rd game.

LeperMessiah
03-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Bulls, Spurs, and Knicks have the best on-paper chance, but who knows when they might collapse out of no where.

LeperMessiah
03-20-2013, 06:17 PM
I think its gonna be a ****** team that does them in.

I would not be surprised.

archdevil84
03-20-2013, 06:27 PM
spurs is the real danger but miami has a tendency to play bad against weaker teams (like orlando and cleveland this year). i hope the streak stays alive until the seasons ends but it could very well end soon against a weaker team..

IgglesFanInCO
03-20-2013, 06:40 PM
Its gonna be a trap game that gets them, but since i couldnt figure out which one i put the spurs game, if it gets to the spurs itll end there

LAKobeBryant
03-20-2013, 06:49 PM
yes, another heat streak thread!

Slug3
03-20-2013, 06:53 PM
Against Detroit, Brandon Knight dunks on the entire Big 3....and scores 85pts.

That's only of they play by North Korea's rules.

ztilzer31
03-20-2013, 06:53 PM
yes, another heat streak thread!

On topic or get out.

License2Lillard
03-20-2013, 06:56 PM
I have a feeling it will be against the wizards after their 34th win. I can see spo pulling the big 3 after that game.

Htownballa1622
03-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Idk why but I think if they do lose before the record, it'll be @ Orlando.

MTL_123
03-20-2013, 07:37 PM
If they beat the spurs its over their getting 34

CHANGO
03-20-2013, 08:44 PM
A lot of ULTRA DUPLA MEGA TRAP games... That's not funny... :o

Told yall... :mad:

****ing team playing poor against lesser teams...

Knick_Fever
03-20-2013, 08:48 PM
tonight vs the cavs

realistically the only game left which could smell trouble is the spurs one

Wow good call, impressive. I wonder if Im the only one thats noticed.

Knick_Fever
03-20-2013, 08:49 PM
Told yall... :mad:

****ing team playing poor against lesser teams...

They're bored, so they'll spot them 20 points. They'll lock'em down in the second half. I actually anticipate them coming back and blowing them out.

Knick_Fever
03-20-2013, 08:50 PM
Wow good call, impressive. I wonder if Im the only one thats noticed.
Then again there's still another half to go.

hidalgo
03-20-2013, 08:55 PM
i don't think the Heat will come back this time. lolz it was the Cavs(without Kyrie) that ended it

NYG+Braves
03-20-2013, 09:00 PM
Considering there down by 21 at halftime in Cleveland. Im gonna go out on the limb and assume its over tonight.

ztilzer31
03-20-2013, 09:42 PM
Considering there down by 21 at halftime in Cleveland. Im gonna go out on the limb and assume its over tonight.

I don't know about that 18-2 in the 4th so far lol.

Big Zo
03-20-2013, 10:10 PM
Dear rest of the NBA: The Miami Heat is bored with you. :)

CHANGO
03-20-2013, 10:15 PM
Tonight was amazing! The streak keeps streaking!

Slug3
03-20-2013, 10:17 PM
I wonder what they would look like if they played a full 48 minutes like the do for the 2nd half of games.

hidalgo
03-20-2013, 10:18 PM
that comeback was bonkers. man, what a game

OceanSpray
03-20-2013, 10:27 PM
I put Boston based on the fact that I think they will sit Bron, Wade, and Bosh by then.

Jarvo
03-20-2013, 10:27 PM
I have a feeling Rose is gonna play when they fave The Heat and if not then The Spurs, They will lose because Lebron, Wade, Bosh & Allen will sit out to rest before the playoffs.

akagiredsuns
03-20-2013, 10:28 PM
At this point this streak is far more on luck now than talent. The worst teams have come closest to beating them. Cavs twice, Magic (lost by 1) & the Kings 2OT. You don't fall behind 27 points to an Irving-less Cavs team. Miami is clearly overconfident going into these games against the scrubs and that's why they are nearly being shown up. I know it's a long streak, and struggling against good teams isn't a bad thing, but it shouldn't have been so lopsided that they had to pull yet another rabbit out of their hat. As the old saying goes, "Good teams beat teams they are supposed to, great teams destroy them".

still1ballin
03-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Hopefully before 33

Hoopsadvocate
03-20-2013, 10:33 PM
At this point this streak is far more on luck now than talent. The worst teams have come closest to beating them. Cavs twice, Magic (lost by 1) & the Kings 2OT. You don't fall behind 27 points to an Irving-less Cavs team. Miami is clearly overconfident going into these games against the scrubs and that's why they are nearly being shown up. I know it's a long streak, and struggling against good teams isn't a bad thing, but it shouldn't have been so lopsided that they had to pull yet another rabbit out of their hat. As the old saying goes, "Good teams beat teams they are supposed to, great teams destroy them".

Isn't it more logical that the Irving and varejao less cavs beating the heat is more "lucky", than calling the HEAT making a comeback against one of the worst teams in the NBA "lucky" lol

Honestly some of you guys would say anything to try to diminish their success. Your logic sounds plan stupid

OceanSpray
03-20-2013, 10:36 PM

Luck? Lmao, the fact that they have fallen and came back more than 5 times isn't luck. It's called being prepared for the circumstances and never quitting. Only haters will use luck as an excuse. Cleveland were knocking down huge shots and couldn't miss on some of them. Maybe you should watch the games.

JasonJohnHorn
03-20-2013, 10:38 PM
You know what happens when you ASSume..... lol

And the streak is still alive.. LBJ gets a triple-double!

Seriously... I'm not even a Heat fan and I'm hoping they beat this record... it would be something special to see... I love watching somebody make history, even if it is somebody I don't like... history is something special...

That said, no team has EVER won 24 straight games and NOT gone onto win the title...

This is very interesting....

OceanSpray
03-20-2013, 10:42 PM
You know what happens when you ASSume..... lol

And the streak is still alive.. LBJ gets a triple-double!

Seriously... I'm not even a Heat fan and I'm hoping they beat this record... it would be something special to see... I love watching somebody make history, even if it is somebody I don't like... history is something special...

That said, no team has EVER won 24 straight games and NOT gone onto win the title...

This is very interesting....

what's interesting is how everyone think it's luck.. you can't win 24 games and say it's luck, lmao.. winning the jackpot 24x is luck. winning 24 nba games is just domination.

KnicksorBust
03-20-2013, 10:48 PM
Well I predict they will beat the record... so either they run the table or maybe the latter game against Chi gets them.

Jarvo
03-20-2013, 10:55 PM

Go home, You're drunk.

theheatles
03-20-2013, 11:01 PM
a win is a win is a win.....is a win

still1ballin
03-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Luck? Lmao, the fact that they have fallen and came back more than 5 times isn't luck. It's called being prepared for the circumstances and never quitting. Only haters will use luck as an excuse. Cleveland were knocking down huge shots and couldn't miss on some of them. Maybe you should watch the games.

They have had the ball bounced their ways in many games.

Jrue Holiday bouncing the ball out of bounds at the end of the game? LMAO

Favorable calls at the end of the Magic game

No Garnett (Win by 2)

No Irving (Win by 3)

Nothing wrong with having luck on your side.

OceanSpray
03-20-2013, 11:18 PM
They have had the bounced their ways in many games.

No Garnett (Win by 2)

No Irving (Win by 3)

Since Miami has dominated more games than they've won, isn't it more logical to say those teams were lucky to be close? C'mon, Jrue bouncing the ball out of bounds at the end of the game is "luck"? You misinterpreted the word. Luck is if James made a full court shot 3x in a game. There is no luck in executing plays down the stretch 5 out of 5 times.

still1ballin
03-20-2013, 11:27 PM
Since Miami has dominated more games than they've won, isn't it more logical to say those teams were lucky to be close? C'mon, Jrue bouncing the ball out of bounds at the end of the game is "luck"? You misinterpreted the word. Luck is if James made a full court shot 3x in a game. There is no luck in executing plays down the stretch 5 out of 5 times.

Luck in the sense of the ball bouncing the Heats way. They are lucky that in those close games that their shots are falling, because they are simply nights where the ball isn't falling into the hoop and that has happen to every superstar.

Not taking anything from the streak dnewguy, but I am just saying its been going there way the past couple of games.

Sactown
03-20-2013, 11:45 PM
Lol the Lakers had some luck too when winning 33 in a row... Of course you had some luck when you win 24 in a row.. you certainly don't have bad luck

you also need a **** load of talent to win 24 in a row...

Jarvo
03-21-2013, 12:07 AM
They have had the ball bounced their ways in many games.

No Garnett (Win by 2)

No Irving (Win by 3)

Just stop. :facepalm:

Jarvo
03-21-2013, 12:09 AM
But anywayss down here in Miami 50% Papa Johns *****esssssss! :dance:

still1ballin
03-21-2013, 12:12 AM
Just stop. :facepalm:

Want to add some anaylsis to your post on why you disagree with me instead of facepalming me?

I am not the only one who has said this.

Jarvo
03-21-2013, 12:53 AM
Want to add some anaylsis to your post on why you disagree with me instead of facepalming me?

It's not luck, They woke the hell up from almost to losing to teams they shouldn't lose to and woke up from almost getting blown the hell out.

ztilzer31
03-21-2013, 01:17 AM

Luck is non existence. There is probability which balances out over time. Luck is a dumb excuse for not being good enough.

gotoHcarolina52
03-21-2013, 02:01 AM
But anywayss down here in Miami 50% Papa Johns *****esssssss! :dance:

:laugh: Papa John's sure as hell wont be renewing this promotion next year.

For those that don't know: http://instagram.com/p/XDfYeckMuX/

Jarvo
03-21-2013, 09:50 AM

They better not! Lol alot of people don't know about it though.

kdspurman
03-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Not for nothing, but I'd love SA to end both Denver's and Miami's streaks.

mightybosstone
03-21-2013, 11:08 AM
It could literally be any game, because they've had to come from behind in some wild games lately. But I'd probably put my money on San Antonio. It's the last game of a four-game road trip and that's the toughest team they'll face the rest of the season. However, I do think Chicago and New Orleans could pose threats on the road, as well.

dhopisthename
03-21-2013, 11:21 AM

if I read that right they do that after every win and not just the win streak? if so they had to figure they would win 60+ games.

PhillyFaninLA
03-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Well I'm the one that just picked the hornets on this poll.

I think unless they lose to Detroit next game they will lose the sandwhiched game between the Bulls and Spurs. These type of streaks seem to end against bad teams and that is an easy one to lose focus on.

TylerSL
03-21-2013, 12:04 PM
As a fan, I very much want this record. If we get the streak to 34 we would still have 5 games left in 8 days. We could just completly coast those last 5 games and run a starting lineup of Cole/Miller/James Jones/Lewis/Anthony and rest Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Battier, and Allen. We could get Juwan Howard in the game. Let him actually get on the court this season.

TylerSL
03-21-2013, 12:18 PM
I will bet anything we are not losing this streak at home, the Heat know what they are playing for and our fans know how important this historic run is. Miami will be ROCKING at home for the rest of this run. Quote me on this, if we lose this streak it will be on the road. The road games we have left are

3/25 @Orlando-going for 27
3/27 @Chicago-going for 28
3/29 @New Orleans-going 29
3/31 @San Antonio-going for 30
4/5 @Charlotte-going for 32

Orlando will play us tough but I think we pull it out in the end much like the games @Philadelphia and @Toronto

Chicago could end it. I could see that one, epecially if Rose is back. I havent heard anything on that for a week or so so I'm not sure, but Chicago will be tough. I'm confident though :)

New Orleans will probably push us the way Sacremento did, so I'm not gonna overlook them, but if we show up I doubt they beat us

If our streak is still alive by San Antonio this will be the biggest regular season game since Lebron/Wade/Bosh first game together against the Celtics, especially if Parker is back. My brother is a big Spurs fan and I often tell him the Spurs are an unstoppable machine and Miami is a 2-headed beast that teams can't handle and we are really hoping these 2 teams meet in the Finals so we can settle this "who is better" debate. To me, this would be the equivalent of when an immovable object (Spurs) meets an unstoppable force (Heat). It would be one for the ages. Quote me on this, If we beat the Spurs for 30 in a row, we will break the record.

Charlotte doesnt stand a chance if our streak is still alive. We would be so close, our guys would be so locked in, we would'nt lose.

theheatles
03-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Streak is going to end to the Magic last game of the season, because they will rest everyone.

JasonJohnHorn
03-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Streak is going to end to the Magic last game of the season, because they will rest everyone.

Even if they do rest everyone that game they still have a legit shot at winning... it's the Magic after all! I'd think the Heat would take that cross-state rivalry seriously though... lol

Dade County
03-22-2013, 12:15 AM
I really don't care about the Lakers win streak that happened in 71-72... different era.

I am more then satisfied that the HEAT was able to past the Rockets win streak of 22 :clap:

seikou8
03-22-2013, 12:19 AM
against the knicks

DumDum
03-23-2013, 01:12 AM
Considering the Heat lost their first two games to the Knicks by 20 Points and at one point were at a 16 point deficit to them during their the last game together. I would have to say Knicks. (If Tyson Chandler and Carmelo Anthony are 100% healthy)

Now Wouldn't that be something ;)

Knicks did win those games but they are falling apart on each other. The heat won their 3rd meeting. Me I think they make it a game or 2 past the spurs then it's over.

OceanSpray
03-23-2013, 10:49 AM
It's going to stay as long as Spo doesn't take James/Wade out. Those two are just a huge threat to any team.

Cromedome
03-23-2013, 11:24 AM
The Spurs or the Knicks....hopefully.

KnickNyKnick
03-23-2013, 11:39 AM
so the schedule goes on to March 39th. awesome :D

I chose NY, homer pick ofcourse.

kdspurman
03-23-2013, 11:40 AM
If Vuvecik plays for Orlando, i could see Orlando upsetting them.

Htownballa1622
03-25-2013, 02:40 AM
Idk why but I think if they do lose before the record, it'll be @ Orlando.

alright....Here's my game day prediction. If they win, I say they break the record.:shrug: