PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick of people diminishing Chris Bosh's greatness

Jimmer55
03-19-2013, 02:07 PM
So, Chris Bosh isn't that good, Lebron fans? While I know it makes Lebron better in your mind to say Chris Bosh isn't a top player in this league, it is also a LIE. A flatout misrepresentation of the truth.

The season before Bosh signed with Miami...

24.0ppg, 10.8 rpg, 2.4ap, 1.0bpg, 51.8fg%, 79.7ft%, and ranked number 4 in PER in the entire NBA. Lebron was #1 and Wade was #2. Since you all like PER so much, 3 of the top 4 in PER all decided to sign to ONE team. Of course, Bosh's numbers have dipped because he's now playing with Lebron and Wade, two fellow top 5 players. COWARDS.

HOW DARE ANY OF YOU DIMINISH CHRIS BOSH TO MAKE LEBRON LOOK BETTER.

ClearSoulForce
03-19-2013, 02:09 PM
Still isn't better than Dirk, Duncan or Aldridge.

D12 fan
03-19-2013, 02:11 PM
So, Chris Bosh isn't that good, Lebron fans? While I know it makes Lebron better in your mind to say Chris Bosh isn't a top player in this league, it is also a LIE. A flatout misrepresentation of the truth.

24.0ppg, 10.8 rpg, 2.4ap, 1.0bpg, 51.8fg%, 79.7ft%, and ranked number 4 in PER in the entire NBA. Lebron was #1 and Wade was #2. Since you all like PER so much, 3 of the top 4 in PER all decided to sign to ONE team. Of course, Bosh's numbers have dipped because he's now playing with Lebron and Wade, two fellow top 5 players. COWARDS.

HOW DARE ANY OF YOU DIMINISH CHRIS BOSH TO MAKE LEBRON LOOK BETTER.Agree 100%.

Delrayhc
03-19-2013, 02:14 PM

I have never seen a grown man that has had his life affected this much by another grown man .

poleandreel
03-19-2013, 02:15 PM
But but but Miami will never win anything with choker lebron. Wade is old and has lost a step and will be out of the league in 2 years. Bosh is posh and is soft and they will never win without a post player. They have no role players and will have to trade wade or bosh for some role players. Should have signed Amare instead because he is MVP caliber and better than Bosh. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Every year it's something different. When Miami is losing, they suck blow it up. When they are winning, Lebron rode the cotails of 2 other great hall of fame players.

Cool story bros. This, coming from an OKC fan who is not butt hurt at all that we lost in the finals. Lebron IS GREATNESS. Stop hating.

ManRam
03-19-2013, 02:17 PM
edit: nope, i'm done responding to the phile trolls

BHF
03-19-2013, 02:19 PM
Still isn't better than Dirk, Duncan or Aldridge.

yes he is

Riodagoat
03-19-2013, 02:20 PM
He's always been great and is definitely an All-star.
It's just that when Kobe nut-huggers (and other haters, for that matter) like you compare him to other players, he is either a top 3 PF/C or a bonafide scrub, depending on the point that you want to get across.

bledrules
03-19-2013, 02:21 PM
I'm sick of 5 new threads everyday about the Heat when they should be in their forum
But the mods don't care so do what I do and live with it

LAKobeBryant
03-19-2013, 02:23 PM
he's still a dinosaur. without his neck he's 6'5.

Chronz
03-19-2013, 02:25 PM
How does that diminish/strengthen anything again? Maybe some context would be helpful. Who exactly are you trying to refute?

Sactown
03-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Okay, if they're both top 5. than they both must be better than Kobe Bryant.. Thanks for the update

NYY09
03-19-2013, 02:28 PM
:violin:

CavsYanksDuke
03-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Bosh is the best player on his team at his position. That's it. There are numerous guys that I think would thrive with those two players:

1. Marc Gasol
2. Duncan

These two would make the Heat go 82-0

3. Dirk
4. Aldridge
5. Pau Gasol
6. Boozer
7. David Lee

Those are just the veterans I could think of, there's still plenty of younger guys who would play up to Bosh's level or surpass it. However, chemistry does play a part, and Bosh did a great job of accepting his new role. I just think there are guys that would make LeBron/Wade unstoppable like Marc and Timmy. The problem with that is, you're paying Bosh like he is the greatest answer to the HEAT's problems but he's not. A smooth shooting mid range big man with lots of rebounding and athleticism is their perfect match. That's why the one guy who would make the HEAT perfect to me is potentially Serge Ibaka after he gains a jumper. Pay Ibaka 15 mil a year and boot Bosh and you'd have a better team.

tr3ymill3r
03-19-2013, 02:32 PM
LeBron and Wade are great, Bosh is really good. However at the end of all of their careers people will still look back diminish everything all 3 of these guys do. Is it fair, absolutely. Wade already got his ring, LeBron is the best so I have to imagine that if he had gone to Chicago, New York, Jersey or wherever else he would get a ring or two. Bosh doesn't have the same skill set as those two, and I doubt that if Bosh is your number one option that they win a title. If you took LeBron off of the Heat and it was just Bosh and Wade they don't win a title.

KnickaBocka.44
03-19-2013, 02:48 PM
Bosh is the best player on his team at his position. That's it. There are numerous guys that I think would thrive with those two players:

1. Marc Gasol
2. Duncan

3. Dirk
4. Aldridge
5. Pau Gasol
6. Boozer
7. David Lee

Those are just the veterans I could think of, there's still plenty of younger guys who would play up to Bosh's level or surpass it. However, chemistry does play a part, and Bosh did a great job of accepting his new role. I just think there are guys that would make LeBron/Wade unstoppable like Marc and Timmy. The problem with that is, you're paying Bosh like he is the greatest answer to the HEAT's problems but he's not. A smooth shooting mid range big man with lots of rebounding and athleticism is their perfect match. That's why the one guy who would make the HEAT perfect to me is potentially Serge Ibaka after he gains a jumper. Pay Ibaka 15 mil a year and boot Bosh and you'd have a better team.

Serge Ibaka is already one of the best jump shooting big men in the league.

JiffyMix88
03-19-2013, 02:48 PM

JiffyMix88
03-19-2013, 02:49 PM
Agree 100%.

2-ONE-5
03-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Bosh is not great. good, yes. really good, probably but not great. He has never really done anything great in his career before Miami

GiantsSwaGG
03-19-2013, 03:03 PM
I question his man hood

He115ing
03-19-2013, 03:15 PM
Nice troll post OP. At least for the sake of your intelligence I hope that you are trolling.

CavsYanksDuke
03-19-2013, 03:15 PM
LeBron needs to come back to Cleveland and win a title and then I think you'll see a lot of haters and skeptics disappear. Even if he only wins four or five rings, if he wins one for the home team, there won't be anyone doubting.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-19-2013, 03:16 PM

Agreed!

Im_in_Mia_bish
03-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Agreed!

CavsYanksDuke
03-19-2013, 03:18 PM
Serge Ibaka is already one of the best jump shooting big men in the league.

It's decent but it's not as good as Bosh's. Which is why he's a better fit for now, but Ibaka in two years would make LeBron/Wade unbeatable.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-19-2013, 03:18 PM

:violin: :violin:

miller74
03-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Bosh is good but he diminished his only value when he chose to be a 3rd option

OaklandsFinest
03-19-2013, 03:28 PM

1. Marc Gasol
2. Duncan

3. Dirk
4. Aldridge
5. Pau Gasol
6. Boozer
7. David Lee

Only one on your list better for this team that you mentioned would be Pau. Aldridge is not nearly as good as people make him out to be, there's no way his team should be missing the playoffs. Second of all Boozer is trash, Duncan is over the hill, while he still is putting up good numbers this year, doesn't play every night and thrives in his system. Bosh is perfect for this team because he can hit that spot up mid range jumper, he's suuuuuuuuper under valued defensively and creates a lot of space and opens up the floor for their pace and offense. Not one of those guys you mentioned, with the exception of Ibaka could run with this team.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-19-2013, 03:35 PM

:punish:

JiffyMix88
03-19-2013, 03:35 PM
:violin: :violin:

:violin::violin::violin:

Three for the same three cry babies that keep crying the same cries.

The CRIES of nobody giving a **** about Kobe or whos coattails he hung onto to get his 5 rings.

Im_in_Mia_bish
03-19-2013, 03:36 PM
:punish:

;)

Slug3
03-19-2013, 03:37 PM
My god, you live to try and destroy anything Lebron does yet never take that approach when you talk about Kobe. I mean he played years with Shaq. You are so blinded with hate. I feel sorry for you when Kobe retires.

siix
03-19-2013, 03:38 PM
he was great in toronto now he is a nobody in miami.

KnickaBocka.44
03-19-2013, 03:41 PM
It's decent but it's not as good as Bosh's. Which is why he's a better fit for now, but Ibaka in two years would make LeBron/Wade unbeatable.

From 10-23 feet Bosh shoot about 3% better than Ibaka (49% vs. 46%) so there really isn't too much difference. Ibaka's athleticism, rebounding, toughness and shot blocking more than make up for it.

Ibaka is actually shooting almost 40% from 3 this year too and is turning himself into a legitimate 3 point threat in recent months, something Bosh hasn't been able to translate into games.

So yeah, Ibaka already is the better fit.

ATX
03-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Jimmer and his threads :violin:

TheIlladelph16
03-19-2013, 03:50 PM
I have never seen a grown man that has had his life affected this much by another grown man .

:clap:

Between Jimmer, Illusion, Amoser and NickDymez I think its finally time to start using the ignorator function if its available on PSD. If someone knows how to do this, message me because this Heat streak has gotten too ridiculous to put up with these guys nonsense.

pedrofan45
03-19-2013, 03:56 PM
:clap:

Between Jimmer, Illusion, Amoser and NickDymez I think its finally time to start using the ignorator function if its available on PSD. If someone knows how to do this, message me because this Heat streak has gotten too ridiculous to put up with these guys nonsense.

Agreed. Kobe fans are so overly jealous and bitter these days it's almost pathetic.

Riodagoat
03-19-2013, 04:01 PM
And this, my friends, is what poor souls do when they are not grilling burgers at McDonalds.

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-19-2013, 04:06 PM
He kinda looks like a giraffe, thats something we can all laugh about!

Dade County
03-19-2013, 04:07 PM

:laugh2:

The worst thing is, you don't even realize that it's all fake (ok, not all, but enough for me to not take this game serious)... WWE style

You have invested a portion of your life, following and loving the NBA, but you are so caught up in the drama they script for you, that you actually are blind to whats really going on...

And that makes me feel sad for people like you... But it's bigger then the NBA, it's the entire system of deception.

But whatever, I'll play along... Bosh is a very talented player, put he is too soft near the rim for my liking.

MaloDaw9
03-19-2013, 04:12 PM
:laugh2:

The worst thing is, you don't even realize that it's all fake (ok, not all, but enough for me to not take this game serious)... WWE style

You have invested a portion of your life, following and loving the NBA, but you are so caught up in the drama they script for you, that you actually are blind to whats really going on...

And that makes me feel sad for people like you... But it's bigger then the NBA, it's the entire system of deception.

But whatever, I'll play along... Bosh is a very talented player, put he is too soft near the rim for my liking.

More of your Illuminati crap..

Take off the tinfoil hat and get some fresh air..You need it.

MaloDaw9
03-19-2013, 04:16 PM
He kinda looks like a giraffe, thats something we can all laugh about!

Indeed.

And don't forget how he drinks champagne!

KnickaBocka.44
03-19-2013, 04:21 PM

:laugh2: So true. Why even come on PSD if its all fake?

Shark
03-19-2013, 04:26 PM
I saw the topic and just wanted to point out that Chris Bosh and "Greatness" should not be in the same sentence, let alone using the word to define him. I had a good laugh for a bit, thanks op!

Nats_vcu-Okc35
03-19-2013, 04:36 PM
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-official-chris-gif-ted-bosh-appreciation-thread.961096/

This is greatness.

netsgiantsyanks
03-19-2013, 05:25 PM
he's still a dinosaur. without his neck he's 6'5.

i fail to see how that has anything to do with his skill. :rolleyes:

netsgiantsyanks
03-19-2013, 05:25 PM
he's a ugly ***** though.

xxplayerxx23
03-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Chris bosh is very good. Him as a number one option could be a top 5-7 seed out east depending on the team around him, but he isn't a serious championship contender when he is the best player on the team. He could put up 24-11 again with a team as the best player

Jarvo
03-19-2013, 05:35 PM
Bosh is a top 10-15 player

justinnum1
03-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Riley got em all! :dance:

netsgiantsyanks
03-19-2013, 05:41 PM
Riley got em all! :dance:

when did this occur???!?

RealLiveBear
Chris bosh sucks. / thread

OceanSpray
Nice attempt by OP to discredit LeBron. He hit the game winner and led his team to the second best winning streak in NBA history. Meanwhile your boy Kobe is sitting in the bench..

justinnum1
03-19-2013, 05:52 PM
when did this occur???!?

discounted

bucketss
03-19-2013, 06:00 PM
King James getting kobephiles paranoid est 2003

bucketss
03-19-2013, 06:01 PM
Chris bosh is very good. Him as a number one option could be a top 5-7 seed out east depending on the team around him, but he isn't a serious championship contender when he is the best player on the team. He could put up 24-11 again with a team as the best player

he couldn't do that in Toronto.. only one winning season there so im going to disagree here.

Dade County
03-19-2013, 06:06 PM

I did not mention that organization one time in my post...smh

And everyone can not see, so I'm not shock when the blind lash out.

:laugh2: So true. Why even come on PSD if its all fake?

I've stated this already... If the cheating wasn't happening for Lbj (currently a member of the HEAT franchise), I wouldn't tolerate this, and I wouldn't be watching. So just to give you a scenario, lets say Lbj or Wade leaves the HEAT, and I notice that the league still bows down to them (con-artist), at that moment in time, I'm done.

If either of them move on, and everything is right, then I will continue to cheer for my HEAT through the good and bad times, like i do for all south florida teams. I will not waste my time cheering for a team, when I know the outcome is already decided months a head for another team to win, (thats not my team).

I hope I don't have to type this again.

CityofTreez
03-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Jimmer55 lullz...

Doing great over there...on the BENCH!!

Mr_Jones
03-19-2013, 06:10 PM

lololololol

heyman321
03-19-2013, 06:16 PM

totally false. he is a good third wheel, but he can't even lead his own team to the playoffs, let alone a 5-7 seed.

KnickaBocka.44
03-19-2013, 06:31 PM
I did not mention that organization one time in my post...smh

And everyone can not see, so I'm not shock when the blind lash out.

I've stated this already... If the cheating wasn't happening for Lbj (currently a member of the HEAT franchise), I wouldn't tolerate this, and I wouldn't be watching. So just to give you a scenario, lets say Lbj or Wade leaves the HEAT, and I notice that the league still bows down to them (con-artist), at that moment in time, I'm done.

If either of them move on, and everything is right, then I will continue to cheer for my HEAT through the good and bad times, like i do for all south florida teams. I will not waste my time cheering for a team, when I know the outcome is already decided months a head for another team to win, (thats not my team).

I hope I don't have to type this again.

You've lost it bro.

phantasyyy
03-19-2013, 06:42 PM
chris bosh is beast he just is in a situation where people discredit his accomplishments because lbj and wade are that much better overall.. hes a great talent and a perfect 2nd option for any championship contender. He suffers from his inability to close out games restricting him from being that top option that TDOT longed for.

LBj and wade are clearly top 5 and the fact that bosh is mention as a part of this top 3, leads to people discrediting his abilities because of the other two's accomplishments.

As well, is usage % is at an all-time low which clearly indicates his lack of possessions

Teeboy1487
03-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Bosh is a glorified role player. If it was not for Lebron, how relevant would he be right now?

SteBO
03-19-2013, 07:02 PM
Bosh is a glorified role player. If it was not for Lebron, how relevant would he be right now?
Glorified role player?! He averaged 24 and 11 on a playoff team....granted the team wasn't great, but those aren't the numbers of a glorified role player. He's just severely underused at times.

jon32
03-19-2013, 07:11 PM
Bosh is good but ppl overrate his stats before miami........he was the go to scorer with toronto which just should not have been.

Hawkeye15
03-19-2013, 07:13 PM

and everyone is sick of you diminishing LeBron's greatness. We all get it, you can't stand the fact that he will pass Kobe at some point, so you go out of your way to do anything you can to discredit LeBron.

Kobe never played with great players, right?

JordansBulls
03-19-2013, 07:27 PM

Good post on how good Bosh is, no need to call others cowards though.

Hawkeye15
03-19-2013, 07:29 PM
Good post on how good Bosh is, no need to call others cowards though.

Bosh is a PERFECT #2-3, and he finally grasped that, and that is the point in time his career took off, winning wise.

Chronz
03-19-2013, 07:51 PM
Bosh also had a contract year, was in the best shape of his career and shared the court with some repugnent rebounders (inflating his rebounding) and played absolutely no defense.

Hes still a great player but not much better (if at all) than a guy like Horace Grant IMO.

Verbal Christ
03-19-2013, 08:08 PM
OP is smoking monkeynut sized crack rocks and straight up hates LBJ. Truth. It conflicts with his desire for Kobe Bryant to be worshipped by the masses. Clown.

seikou8
03-19-2013, 08:18 PM
one more thing bosh is not atop 15 player

Chronz
03-19-2013, 08:21 PM
Glorified role player?! He averaged 24 and 11 on a playoff team....granted the team wasn't great, but those aren't the numbers of a glorified role player. He's just severely underused at times.

I dont think he ever put up those numbers for a playoff team.

TheNumber37
03-19-2013, 08:46 PM
In his BEST years he wasn't top 3 in his position.

He's good, an all star no doubt... a starting all star no. Olympic talent... ehh, yeah, I guess.
Legit MVP candidate good? No. Wade and James, sure....

I like how this thread is about how people diminish Bosh on the Heat while supporting the argument with stats from the Raptors.

This makes as much sense as Joe Johnson is not great? Look what he did for the Hawks those years ago

Lord Leoshes
03-19-2013, 09:06 PM
F up

Lord Leoshes
03-19-2013, 09:06 PM
I wish all of you Lebron, Wade, Bosh, or any individual play fan would all disappear & leave us actual HEAT fans left so we could get the respect we deserve.

Heat fan since 88, & will always be a Heat fan no matter who the hell plays for my team.

Only low life's would dis one player on his team only to try to make another look better.

bucketss
03-19-2013, 09:16 PM
lebron making grown men cry on the internet since 2003.

HouRealCoach
03-19-2013, 09:21 PM
But Gary Payton & Karl Malone were both top 20 PER, the year before they went to Laker but they get called washed up role players

Karl Malone was 11th in PER, Top 10 in WS, Top 20 in both OWS & DWS, all that while averaging 20 ppg, 8 rpg, & 5 apg

Gary Payton put up 20 ppg, 8 apg, & 4 rpg, PER at 21.1

But only then, Laker fans are blind to the fact that numbers decrease due to a diminished role.. But when it comes to Chris Bosh.. LMAO!!! You guys suddenly see the light

It's comical

amos1er
03-19-2013, 09:37 PM
They only diminish his greatness to make Lebron seem better than he really is. Essentially, they crap on Bosh so that they could overrate Lebron.

JasonJohnHorn
03-19-2013, 09:58 PM
I accept his scoring averaging taking a hit, but his rebounding has also, and there is no excuse for that, especially considering how few rebounds their center position gets.

Jarvo
03-19-2013, 10:27 PM

Pass that **** you smoking bro!

Jarvo
03-19-2013, 10:30 PM
I bet half you wanted Bosh to go to your fav team when he was a free agent but now he sucks because he's in Miami lol if Bosh isnt on the Heat I believe they don't win a championship.

MaloDaw9
03-20-2013, 02:00 AM
I bet half you wanted Bosh to go to your fav team when he was a free agent but now he sucks because he's in Miami lol if Bosh isnt on the Heat I believe they don't win a championship.

Nah Bosh is softer than baby ****, I'll pass.

KingPosey
03-20-2013, 02:17 AM
I respect what he has sacraficed offensively for that team, that has to be SO hard to do at times. But what pisses me off about Bosh is his utter indifference to rebounding at times. He could just care less about it at times. It makes me mad because that guy can rebound, he could be a top 10 guy every year if he wanted to.

YouCan'tBeatLA
03-20-2013, 02:19 AM
Chris Bosh iz ze gratest no ?s askd

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-20-2013, 02:30 AM
He was never "great" He was very good and I would love him on the Lakers. Pau for Bosh straight up!

LeperMessiah
03-20-2013, 06:26 AM
At least he's getting more like as a HEAT player than he did as a Raptor

SteBO
03-20-2013, 06:27 AM
@ Chronz I actually looked it over again last night, and you're right. Toronto didn't make the playoffs that last year....still, I think "glorified role player" is a bit unfair. Whatever, this is just another pathetic ploy to discredit LBJ.

LeperMessiah
03-20-2013, 06:28 AM
I actually looked it over again last night, and you're right. Toronto didn't make the playoffs that last year....still, I think "glorified role player" is a bit unfair. Whatever, this is just another pathetic ploy to discredit LBJ.

Controversial because he sat out that crucial game against the Bulls that would have put the Raps in the playoffs (I don't rmr if it was legit or not but I rmr him taking a lot of heat for it).

JC_
03-20-2013, 06:42 AM
@ Chronz I actually looked it over again last night, and you're right. Toronto didn't make the playoffs that last year....still, I think "glorified role player" is a bit unfair. Whatever, this is just another pathetic ploy to discredit LBJ.

Bosh was completely beasting his last year in T.o until he got injured. I think they were like 5th in the East before he went down. 24ppg 52% shooting that year.

koreancabbage
03-20-2013, 09:24 AM
LOL @ OP's countless effort to pull down Lebron.

He's a great player for sure but i just stopped and laugh when i got to the word "greatness"

Definitely pulling down all greats in NBA history when you say Bosh has "greatness" in him.

Slug3
03-20-2013, 10:05 AM
They only diminish his greatness to make Lebron seem better than he really is. Essentially, they crap on Bosh so that they could overrate Lebron.

Sounds more like what Kobe lover's do to make Kobe look so great.

Max.This
03-20-2013, 10:24 AM
.... ******* the heat, don't people have something better to say than riding the jock straps of heat players.

koreancabbage
03-20-2013, 10:30 AM
.... ******* the heat, don't people have something better to say than riding the jock straps of heat players.

if you know where the context of the OP's intentions, you would know why this thread was created.

sep11ie
03-20-2013, 10:33 AM
I don't understand how people take the...

Nevermind, not worth it. Ummm, then don't watch or something.

Lim
03-20-2013, 01:35 PM
he soft as hell

Bruno
03-20-2013, 02:33 PM

your commentary aside, the part I bolded was completely unprecedented, and I'd be surprised if it ever happens again.

MikefromMars
03-20-2013, 02:40 PM
LeBron is not overrated. He is the best athlete in all of sports. Maybe Calvin Johnson could be in the conversation, but other than that...

Bosh is looked over because he is the third best player on his team. Also, because he isn't the prototype 4 or 5 type of player, i.e., Duncan, Shaq, KG, etc. He is a stretch 4 playing along side a player who is even better at his position than he is. If he wants more credit, he should sign with Dallas when he becomes a FA and be the best player on a subpar team.

xxplayerxx23
03-20-2013, 02:42 PM
totally false. he is a good third wheel, but he can't even lead his own team to the playoffs, let alone a 5-7 seed.

Well I said on a nice team around him.. He isn't a number1 option on a championship team. Injuries did hurt his days in Toronto.

beliges
03-20-2013, 02:48 PM
LeBron is not overrated. He is the best athlete in all of sports. Maybe Calvin Johnson could be in the conversation, but other than that...

Bosh is looked over because he is the third best player on his team. Also, because he isn't the prototype 4 or 5 type of player, i.e., Duncan, Shaq, KG, etc. He is a stretch 4 playing along side a player who is even better at his position than he is. If he wants more credit, he should sign with Dallas when he becomes a FA and be the best player on a subpar team.

Bosh was a pretty decent Franchise Player in Toronto. I look at this Miami team and its crazy to see how 3 Franchise Players all teamed up in their prime to play together. That has to be unprecedented. And now, they are reaping the benefits of being a team with such talent. Nobody in the league really comes close to the talent level of matching up with them. They did it to win championships and clearly they are going to win championships unless a few other franchise players are to team up in their primes.

Chronz
03-20-2013, 02:55 PM
your commentary aside, the part I bolded was completely unprecedented, and I'd be surprised if it ever happens again.

Completely????

Im abit disappointed in you, your suppose to be on top of that Purple and Gold tradition.

3RDASYSTEM
03-20-2013, 02:56 PM

I posted his numbers not too long ago and was stating that this BIG 3 is no diff. than BIRD/MCHALE/CHIEF or any other so called big3, MCHALE would have easily put up BOSH numbers on a RAPTORS type squad, WORTHY would have easily put up BOSH type numbers in same situation, so of course numbers will dip and spread out more, options a beautiful thing in sports

so no matter how you slice it up, Its pretty much all the same, MAGIC had a young WORTHY/SCOTT/COOP and a aging but allnba/MVP caliber C, that's equal or more to BRON-WADE-BOSH, MAGIC-ALCINDOR won both NBA MVP and FINALS MVP, BRON-WADE only own FINALS MVP as duo, so who has the edge? MAGIC was top 3-5 and ALCINDOR(was top3 for yrs) seemed like he had enough MVP trophies to hand out to entire squad,no matter the miles on his body

I don't get why people would diminish BOSH, 24 and 11 is legit, in any league from junior high to college to dleague to nba

the same dummies mad at BRON-WADE-BOSH should also be the same dummies mad at BARKLEY-PIPP-DREAM for taking too damn long to make it happen, they should have done it around 89-90 season not when they were mummy dust, then they would be same boat as HEAT 3

Jimmer55
03-20-2013, 03:34 PM

It was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in this league. I respect Donaghy, the malice at the palace and 'big country' Bryant Reeves more than that cowardly collusion.

Chronz
03-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Bosh was completely beasting his last year in T.o until he got injured. I think they were like 5th in the East before he went down. 24ppg 52% shooting that year.

IIRC they also had a cupcake schedule to start and had a very uninspired SRS despite it all.

bucketss
03-20-2013, 03:38 PM
It was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in this league. I respect Donaghy, the malice at the palace and 'big country' Bryant Reeves more than that cowardly collusion.

of course you respect donaghy since he did rig the 2002 wcf for your boyfriend.

Chronz
03-20-2013, 03:38 PM
Nothing cowardly about getting your own help after years of willing trash far beyond what any other human possibly could.

And your wrong about collusion, if that were true then why did the Heat try so hard to land Odom/Boozer over the ensuing years?

bucketss
03-20-2013, 03:39 PM

you mean before he quit on the team?

Chronz
03-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Larry Bird laughs at this thread. Only because hes the only one whos not a hypocrite. Rather than show fake competitiveness like MJ+Magic did, he showed respect.

Given the choice of pairing up with the MVP of the league or the challenge that awaited him in Chicago, thank god it was LA who wound up with the pick, otherwise we would have missed out on that legendary G7.

Chronz
03-20-2013, 04:04 PM
WOW

He DESTROYED you bro.

The only sensible thing you've said, the one accurate observation you've made is that indeed, Dwayne Wade is an all-time great player who is better as an individual player then anyone Jordan or Bird played with, but it's completely irrelevant. Your entire diatribe is a series of sophistries, non sequitors and outright loony statements. It's all special pleading. LeBron is held to a standard no other star has been held to. LeBron should win titles, but he shouldn't have any great players around him, and if he does, they can't be too great, or they can't be in their primes. LeBron shouldn't have teamed up with Wade and Bosh and aimed for the stars, he should have sought out a Joe Johnson or Baron Davis-type marginal all-star, or he should have teamed up with Derrick Rose and Joachim Noah instead of Wade and Bosh, what?

Pau Gasol is a "role player" and Bosh was top 4 in the league. But Gasol had a PER of 24 the year before he was traded to the Lakers. Bosh had a PER of 25 the year before he signed with the Heat! One guy's a role player for your purposes and the other guy is top 4 in the league? This is the worst sort of rubbish, it's the sort of crap that gives B.S. a bad name. Isn't Derrick Rose a "leader of men"? Isn't he a great player too? Or is he just a role player too, after all, his PER was 23 and 23.5 the last 2-seasons is worse than Pau's before he got to LA, so by your definition, he's a role player.

We're reminded that LeBron is a coward, but Kobe is a competitor. Yea right. He wins 3 championships with Shaq, and runs the guy out of town. The fact that their 2 egos couldn't coexist didn't mean that Kobe had supreme confidence he could win despite not having a supporting cast. It only proves that Kobe was a megalomaniac. Learn the distinction. How well did Kobe do post-Shaq? As soon as he realized he couldn't get it done with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker he either demanded they get someone else on the roster or trade him. A competitor to the last.

You are correct in noting that the league is different now then it was in the old days, but it doesn't bolster your point any. Unrestricted free agency didn't exist until 1988, so how the heck do you know what the players of old would or would not have done? In the old RFA system Moses Malone bailed on the Rockets and signed with the Sixers, a team that had been in the NBA Finals in 2 of the previous 3 seasons, had averaged 60-wins a season during that stretch and boasted 4 All-Stars and a DPOY and Sixth Man of the Year. Bird, Magic and Isiah to name only a few had no need to consider leaving their teams since they were already on championship squads. Tim Duncan won a championship the year after he got into the league. Kevin Durant performed no act of competitive valor by resigning with the Thunder, it was already a 50-win team with Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Serge Ibaka and Jeff Green on the roster, but still in diapers, any player would have looked at that and said the sky's the limit, why would he leave other than an extreme dislike for OKC?

And frankly, who is questioning LeBron James or the Heat? You? That's a small chorus line. Everyone is elated at their greatness. In awe. The media, people who know the game fellate them daily. The superlatives that flow when describing the Heat are adulatory. The ratings are skyhigh. They're on the cusp of greatness. People will speak of them in 20-years like the Jordan Bulls or the Showtime Lakers. Your loathing won't register so much as a blip on an electron detector at CERN. It's a rain drop in a tsunami. It's pure trolling on your part.

YoungOne
03-20-2013, 04:17 PM
just LOL

bosh is a sidekick, nothing more..

AWC713
03-20-2013, 04:49 PM
i dont think people think bosh is bad...just soft.

as you proved, stats can be skewed. when your the 3rd option on a team, yeah, your stats will dip. when youre the #1 option, your stats will show that you're probably greater than you really are (esp. since he made the playyos ONCE and never noise in the playoffs, which is a better judge of how good he is)

Jimmer55
03-20-2013, 05:06 PM
You could respond to him right here if you wanted. I understand why you might ignore it though.

It is long winded drivel at best, which was posted to further his own agenda. The facts remain, regardless of the big fancy words people use to try and distort them. Lebron James is a coward and his legacy is tarnished, nothing else matters.

Chronz
03-20-2013, 05:10 PM
It is long winded drivel at best, which was posted to further his own agenda. The facts remain, regardless of the big fancy words people use to try and distort them. Lebron James is a coward and his legacy is tarnished, nothing else matters.

Dont respond to the big words, respond to the glaring inconsistencies he pointed out in your logic.

Dade County
03-20-2013, 06:28 PM

So is Magic a coward too?

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-20-2013, 07:04 PM

+1

bagwell368
03-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Over the past few years as KG has been falling deep into his decline, whenever he has been healthy, he has run Bosh to ground, go check for yourselves.

Bosh will always be third in the list: James, Wade, Bosh - just like Parish was always third in Boston in the 1980's.

bagwell368
03-20-2013, 07:38 PM
I posted his numbers not too long ago and was stating that this BIG 3 is no diff. than BIRD/MCHALE/CHIEF or any other so called big3, MCHALE would have easily put up BOSH numbers on a RAPTORS type squad, WORTHY would have easily put up BOSH type numbers in same situation, so of course numbers will dip and spread out more, options a beautiful thing in sports

so no matter how you slice it up, Its pretty much all the same, MAGIC had a young WORTHY/SCOTT/COOP and a aging but allnba/MVP caliber C, that's equal or more to BRON-WADE-BOSH, MAGIC-ALCINDOR won both NBA MVP and FINALS MVP, BRON-WADE only own FINALS MVP as duo, so who has the edge? MAGIC was top 3-5 and ALCINDOR(was top3 for yrs) seemed like he had enough MVP trophies to hand out to entire squad,no matter the miles on his body

I don't get why people would diminish BOSH, 24 and 11 is legit, in any league from junior high to college to dleague to nba

the same dummies mad at BRON-WADE-BOSH should also be the same dummies mad at BARKLEY-PIPP-DREAM for taking too damn long to make it happen, they should have done it around 89-90 season not when they were mummy dust, then they would be same boat as HEAT 3

Just to note, McHale was indescribably better then Bosh has ever been, or ever will be.

whitemamba33
03-20-2013, 07:47 PM
and everyone is sick of you diminishing LeBron's greatness. We all get it, you can't stand the fact that he will pass Kobe at some point, so you go out of your way to do anything you can to discredit LeBron.

Is there somwhere on this board where you aren't trying to bash Kobe Bryant?

Just curious. Every time I see your name come up, Kobe is attached to it. For somebody who hates the man and hates the team he plays on so much, you would think that you would have gotten "over it" by now. I know news is slow in Minnesota this season, but surely there must be something to talk about. Has Rubio's shooting percentage reached 40% yet?

At some point it becomes an infatuation, and I think you've reached that point, my friend.

b@llhog24
03-20-2013, 08:19 PM
It's either that, or you're just experiencing confirmation bias.

Chronz
03-20-2013, 08:37 PM

Just curious. Every time I see your name come up, Kobe is attached to it. For somebody who hates the man and hates the team he plays on so much, you would think that you would have gotten "over it" by now. I know news is slow in Minnesota this season, but surely there must be something to talk about. Has Rubio's shooting percentage reached 40% yet?

At some point it becomes an infatuation, and I think you've reached that point, my friend.
But he didn't instigate it. The op motive was clear.

archdevil84
03-20-2013, 09:16 PM
i'm sick of bosh taking threes >.<

whitemamba33
03-21-2013, 12:52 AM
But he didn't instigate it. The op motive was clear.

Just speaking in general. I could have replied to any of the other 564 Kobe comments he made.

The post Hawk quoted didn't mention Kobe once, yet the name Kobe still found a way in his reply.

I just find it funny, that's all. There are a lot of players in the league that I truly dislike. I might have made my point against them a few times, but nobody I've cared enough about to continuously respond to almost every post that the players name appears in.

Chronz
03-21-2013, 01:19 AM
Just speaking in general. I could have replied to any of the other 564 Kobe comments he made.
Not this one

The post Hawk quoted didn't mention Kobe once, yet the name Kobe still found a way in his reply.
Thats because Hawk (as well as the rest of us) already know of the trolls motive and intention.

I just find it funny, that's all. There are a lot of players in the league that I truly dislike. I might have made my point against them a few times, but nobody I've cared enough about to continuously respond to almost every post that the players name appears in.

He admits to hating Kobe, thats prolly why hes quick to point out the BS motives behind this. Another comparison would be asking you how often do you defend Kobe when you feel hes been slighted?

naps
03-21-2013, 01:41 AM

Anyone who is familiar with kobephiles knows how ironic this post is :laugh2:

Dade County
03-21-2013, 02:03 AM
I hope I can't get banned for this, but however wrote this... :clap:

The only sensible thing you've said, the one accurate observation you've made is that indeed, Dwayne Wade is an all-time great player who is better as an individual player then anyone Jordan or Bird played with, but it's completely irrelevant. Your entire diatribe is a series of sophistries, non sequitors and outright loony statements. It's all special pleading. LeBron is held to a standard no other star has been held to. LeBron should win titles, but he shouldn't have any great players around him, and if he does, they can't be too great, or they can't be in their primes. LeBron shouldn't have teamed up with Wade and Bosh and aimed for the stars, he should have sought out a Joe Johnson or Baron Davis-type marginal all-star, or he should have teamed up with Derrick Rose and Joachim Noah instead of Wade and Bosh, what?

Pau Gasol is a "role player" and Bosh was top 4 in the league. But Gasol had a PER of 24 the year before he was traded to the Lakers. Bosh had a PER of 25 the year before he signed with the Heat! One guy's a role player for your purposes and the other guy is top 4 in the league? This is the worst sort of rubbish, it's the sort of crap that gives B.S. a bad name. Isn't Derrick Rose a "leader of men"? Isn't he a great player too? Or is he just a role player too, after all, his PER was 23 and 23.5 the last 2-seasons is worse than Pau's before he got to LA, so by your definition, he's a role player.

We're reminded that LeBron is a coward, but Kobe is a competitor. Yea right. He wins 3 championships with Shaq, and runs the guy out of town. The fact that their 2 egos couldn't coexist didn't mean that Kobe had supreme confidence he could win despite not having a supporting cast. It only proves that Kobe was a megalomaniac. Learn the distinction. How well did Kobe do post-Shaq? As soon as he realized he couldn't get it done with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker he either demanded they get someone else on the roster or trade him. A competitor to the last.

You are correct in noting that the league is different now then it was in the old days, but it doesn't bolster your point any. Unrestricted free agency didn't exist until 1988, so how the heck do you know what the players of old would or would not have done? In the old RFA system Moses Malone bailed on the Rockets and signed with the Sixers, a team that had been in the NBA Finals in 2 of the previous 3 seasons, had averaged 60-wins a season during that stretch and boasted 4 All-Stars and a DPOY and Sixth Man of the Year. Bird, Magic and Isiah to name only a few had no need to consider leaving their teams since they were already on championship squads. Tim Duncan won a championship the year after he got into the league. Kevin Durant performed no act of competitive valor by resigning with the Thunder, it was already a 50-win team with Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Serge Ibaka and Jeff Green on the roster, but still in diapers, any player would have looked at that and said the sky's the limit, why would he leave other than an extreme dislike for OKC?

And frankly, who is questioning LeBron James or the Heat? You? That's a small chorus line. Everyone is elated at their greatness. In awe. The media, people who know the game fellate them daily. The superlatives that flow when describing the Heat are adulatory. The ratings are skyhigh. They're on the cusp of greatness. People will speak of them in 20-years like the Jordan Bulls or the Showtime Lakers. Your loathing won't register so much as a blip on an electron detector at CERN. It's a rain drop in a tsunami. It's pure trolling on your part.

I will paste this in every thread I see fit...enjoy.

JC_
03-21-2013, 03:00 AM
you mean before he quit on the team?

I didn't really pay attention to all the gossip when he left so maybe that's why I still remember that he was one of the only guys who really wanted to win for a large part of that season.

Watching him beast while most of the team played like scrubs who didn't care about winning made me want to stop watching the Raptors for a while.

whitemamba33
03-21-2013, 10:27 AM
Not this one

Absolutely this one. If my point was that he constantly posts about Kobe, I'm free to use any post where he mentions Kobe as an example, regardless of whether or not he initiated the discussion. I'm not saying that he's the one initiating all these discusions, just that he never seems to turn down an opportunity to hate on the man or the Lakers.

admits to hating Kobe

I know he does. That's what I find interesting. I would think that he'd be able to let it go by now instead of devoting so much of his life to repeating the same clutch stats and telling the Lakers fan base to "go cry".

Another comparison would be asking you how often do you defend Kobe when you feel hes been slighted?

I think you're missing the point. What I find interesting is him hating somebody so muich that he can't stop posting about him. This other conversation that you suggest would be about somebody loving a player so much that they can't stop posting about him, which isn't nearly as interesting. I'd imagine that your name pops up in most of the Tracy McGrady threads created here, no? I don't consider that to be out of the ordinary. Regardless, I've critisized Kobe enough. I've even been called a closet Boston fan in the Lakers forum because when Kobe shoots us out of a game or is careless with the ball, I'm honest about it. My sig helps tell the story.

TheIlladelph16
03-21-2013, 11:05 AM

Like Chronz has already pointed out to you, the OP's motive was pretty clear in this thread. It was a thread designed to rip down the accomplishments of Lebron James because he plays with other great players. It was not intended to actually talk up Chris Bosh or how great of a player he is. I'm glad you are not like some Kobe fanboy posters in here (based of your sig at least), but you have to at least be aware that Jimmer's true intention with this.

The deep seeded insecurity of trolls like OP here over Lebron's legacy potentially passing Kobe is the underlying motivation for all of this... Hence why Hawkeye has thrown Kobe's name into his post.

whitemamba33
03-21-2013, 12:07 PM
Like Chronz has already pointed out to you, the OP's motive was pretty clear in this thread. It was a thread designed to rip down the accomplishments of Lebron James because he plays with other great players. It was not intended to actually talk up Chris Bosh or how great of a player he is. I'm glad you are not like some Kobe fanboy posters in here (based of your sig at least), but you have to at least be aware that Jimmer's true intention with this.

The deep seeded insecurity of trolls like OP here over Lebron's legacy potentially passing Kobe is the underlying motivation for all of this... Hence why Hawkeye has thrown Kobe's name into his post.

Like I already pointed out to Chronz, I'm not basing what I'm saying on this thread alone. I'm basing it on many different threads and many different replies.

I'm certainly not siding with Jimmer. Kid obviously has issues.

But it seems like all you have to do is start a Kobe Bryant thread on the main page and Hawk comes running to bash him. I just find that interesting, that's all. He's even been recently modded for trolling on the main page in a Kobe thread.

Not saying what he's doing is wrong - who would I be to say such a thing? Just find it interesting. Personally, I've never hated another player as much as he clearly hates Kobe, so the whole concept of obsessing over the person you hate over such a long period of time kind of fascinates me. Obviously there are lots of people who do it here at PSD, but they are usually fans of competing teams. Anyone who has followed the Lakers dominance over Minnesota knows that Minnesota very rarely ever competes with the Lakers.

This idea's already run it's course, so I'll leave it here and move on. No disrespect to HE. keep fighting the "good" fight.

TheIlladelph16
03-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Like I already pointed out to Chronz, I'm not basing what I'm saying on this thread alone. I'm basing it on many different threads and many different replies.

I'm certainly not siding with Jimmer. Kid obviously has issues.

But it seems like all you have to do is start a Kobe Bryant thread on the main page and Hawk comes running to bash him. I just find that interesting, that's all. He's even been recently modded for trolling on the main page in a Kobe thread.

Not saying what he's doing is wrong - who would I be to say such a thing? Just find it interesting. Personally, I've never hated another player as much as he clearly hates Kobe, so the whole concept of obsessing over the person you hate over such a long period of time kind of fascinates me. Obviously there are lots of people who do it here at PSD, but they are usually fans of competing teams. Anyone who has followed the Lakers dominance over Minnesota knows that Minnesota very rarely ever competes with the Lakers.

This idea's already run it's course, so I'll leave it here and move on. No disrespect to HE. keep fighting the "good" fight.

For me personally, I have disliked Kobe since they beat my Sixers in the 2001 Finals. I never particularly hated the guy until I started frequenting this board, which I believe is part of the reason why the "hate" for Kobe gets overblown from both sides. As soon as one person rips on Kobe or Lebron unnecessarily, posters come in and attack the other one to prove a point and the thread devolves into the circle argument between both sides. It's an issue in the NBA forum that should/is being addressed with the new rules.

I don't speak for anyone else on the issue, but the incessant trolling from a decent size of the Lakers fan base has driven me to hate the guy. Is that fair? Probably not. But I'm sure that there are a lot of fans who feel the same way about Heat and Lebron fans and go the other way with it.

Tymathee
03-21-2013, 01:50 PM
lmao Bosh and greatness in the same sentence :laugh2: :crazy:

He's a really good big but not an all time great, he wouldn't even make top 100 all time and top 50 is "Greatness"

Want to know how good a guy is? count the number of guys that can replace him and either bring 95% or more of his production and contribution

I say 95% because theres few similar players so there's always going to be a lil difference.

rangersfan
03-21-2013, 02:45 PM
COWARDS.

Oh my god what a hilariously pathetic drama-queen no-life nerd... "HOW DARE YOU...!!!!!" LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g129/atrewsfan/71922abf9a357ce40680.gif

Chronz
03-21-2013, 02:49 PM
Absolutely this one. If my point was that he constantly posts about Kobe, I'm free to use any post where he mentions Kobe as an example, regardless of whether or not he initiated the discussion. I'm not saying that he's the one initiating all these discusions, just that he never seems to turn down an opportunity to hate on the man or the Lakers.
Regardless? Well I guess if you ignore WHY Kobe is being mentioned then you can come to whatever conclusion you want. It doesn't mean hes hating on Kobe here, simply pointing out the trolls motive and fear. But yes, we all know he hates Kobe, but Ive seen him compliment him just the same. If Im wrong and this is him hating on Kobe then just know it was a dig at the OP, I do that sometimes too, say things I dont really mean because of the situation at hand.

I know he does. That's what I find interesting. I would think that he'd be able to let it go by now instead of devoting so much of his life to repeating the same clutch stats and telling the Lakers fan base to "go cry".
Thats the thing, hes not devoting his life to anything, this is a message board where we talk ball, guess what, Kobes name is going to come up. Especially when trolls are this transparent. Why let go of something you still believe to be true? I get that your bored of it coming from him, just as Im sure people are getting tired of my affinity for the greatness known as T-Mac, but why stop?

I think you're missing the point. What I find interesting is him hating somebody so muich that he can't stop posting about him. This other conversation that you suggest would be about somebody loving a player so much that they can't stop posting about him, which isn't nearly as interesting. I'd imagine that your name pops up in most of the Tracy McGrady threads created here, no? I don't consider that to be out of the ordinary. Regardless, I've critisized Kobe enough. I've even been called a closet Boston fan in the Lakers forum because when Kobe shoots us out of a game or is careless with the ball, I'm honest about it. My sig helps tell the story.
So its not out of the ordinary for me to defend Tmac whenever applicable but it is out of the ordinary for someone to discuss Kobe?

Maybe I am missing the point because I dont see the difference, your both spending time talking about Kobe. Either way, Im done fighting this battle, I had my say.

riconek
03-21-2013, 03:05 PM
He is *****

Hawkeye15
03-21-2013, 03:11 PM

The OP is an established LeBron hater who lives and dies with Kobe getting as much respect as he thinks the man is due. Not that hard to know what he is getting at.

If you never see me in other threads, that means you must not be going into them. But lets be real, LeBron/Kobe Heat/Laker threads rule these boards, and its the same conversation over and over again.

Over it? Do you know how many threads/posts I just pass on because I have been over it forever? These are athletes. Why would anyone let them bother them personally...

MaloDaw9
03-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Anyone who is familiar with kobephiles knows how ironic this post is :laugh2:

Kobephile? Look in the mirror.. I dont think many people on PSD have typed Kobes name half as many times as you have. I bet you have a weird Kobe shrine with voodoo dolls and cat piss everywhere..

Grow up for **** sakes.

amos1er
03-21-2013, 03:16 PM
Kobephile? Look in the mirror.. I dont think many people on PSD have typed Kobes name half as many times as you have. I bet you have a weird Kobe shrine with voodoo dolls and cat piss everywhere..

Grow up for **** sakes.

:laugh: I have mentioned that to him so many times and he just doesn't get it. He prances around here biting his thumb at everyone else when he is just as bad if not worse. I still don't know for the life of me how he can look down at what he refers to as "Kobephiles" ins such a manner when he himself is the complete anthesis.

mngopher35
03-21-2013, 03:54 PM
For me personally, I have disliked Kobe since they beat my Sixers in the 2001 Finals. I never particularly hated the guy until I started frequenting this board, which I believe is part of the reason why the "hate" for Kobe gets overblown from both sides. As soon as one person rips on Kobe or Lebron unnecessarily, posters come in and attack the other one to prove a point and the thread devolves into the circle argument between both sides. It's an issue in the NBA forum that should/is being addressed with the new rules.

I don't speak for anyone else on the issue, but the incessant trolling from a decent size of the Lakers fan base has driven me to hate the guy. Is that fair? Probably not. But I'm sure that there are a lot of fans who feel the same way about Heat and Lebron fans and go the other way with it.

Is the bold part true? I like discussing james, kobe and their legacy but the trolling that has been going on has been insane. I really hope that it's true and we can at least have some threads not turn into trolling/bashing.

I agree a lot with the second paragraph. I have never been a fan and root against the lakers, but have always liked watching him play. He is one of the all time greats. The way the trolls go on and on in the forums and bash Lebron non stop because they want kobe to be known as the better player just gets too annoying. Of course, like you said, it does go both ways as there are lebron fans who do the same (to me not nearly to the same extent though).

TheIlladelph16
03-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Is the bold part true? I like discussing james, kobe and their legacy but the trolling that has been going on has been insane. I really hope that it's true and we can at least have some threads not turn into trolling/bashing.

I agree a lot with the second paragraph. I have never been a fan and root against the lakers, but have always liked watching him play. He is one of the all time greats. The way the trolls go on and on in the forums and bash Lebron non stop because they want kobe to be known as the better player just gets too annoying. Of course, like you said, it does go both ways as there are lebron fans who do the same (to me not nearly to the same extent though).

It is my understanding, at least in part, that the rules are addressing the cluster **** of nonsense threads and trolling/baiting (Looking at you Jimmer/D12) that has centered around the NBA forum lately. That's how I interpreted, and I really hope its the case because its gotten ridiculous at this point. It is not all Lakers fans by any means.... There are some great posters here that are Lakers fans. One of my best friends is a huge Lakers fan who I get along with just fine. It really comes down to a select group who are causing issues and affecting the quality of the forum very negatively.

I will say that it has gotten better on the whole for a while now since the Heat won last season. A lot of the people clinging to the choking label and hate really moved past it after the Finals. It has cropped back up lately, mostly from one fan base ironically, since the streak has happened and playoffs are approaching though.

Sactown
03-21-2013, 05:33 PM
BOSH IS THE GOAT! better than Kobe! Happy Lakers fans?

JasonJohnHorn
03-21-2013, 06:20 PM
I think you mean to say that you are sick of people diminishing Chris Bosh' slightly-above-averageness. :-)

rangersfan
03-22-2013, 05:14 PM
COWARDS.

Calm down you hysterical fairy. It's just basketball you pathetic nerd.

RLundi
03-22-2013, 08:37 PM
2 and a Half Men is a great show.

4milesperday
03-22-2013, 10:08 PM
Bosh was never great. OVERPAID

Slug3
03-22-2013, 10:18 PM
Bosh just made $205K tonight to have 5 points and 6 rebounds.

Sactown
03-23-2013, 02:18 AM
Bosh is definitely one of the top PF's in todays game, unfortunately because of the type of player he is, and the role he plays, his impact for the Miami Heat is limited... If he were traded to another team and was a serious number 2 option he'd go back to being a monster..

Same can be said for Wade, while Wade remains very productive for the Heat as a #2 option, his numbers would be much more flashy if he had his own team...

So to a degree he is correct, Lebron has 2 very very good players on his team.. But their impact on the game isn't as great as their talent would let on

KingPosey
03-27-2013, 07:52 PM

That's not a great argument because magic was drafted into his amazing situation

ThunderousDemon
03-27-2013, 07:58 PM
2 and a Half Men is a great show.

lol

Chronz
03-27-2013, 07:58 PM

That's not a great argument because magic was drafted into his amazing situation
Remember what he said about the challenge that awaited him had Chicago gotten the pick?

lakerboy
03-27-2013, 07:59 PM
Chris Bosh isn't in the same breath as Dwyane Wade, let alone Lebron James.

I hate Lebron James with a passion, but he is one bad MOFO in my opinion. He will be top 10 or top 5 of all time, and Chris Bosh wouldn't make the top 50. Bosh is worse than Gasol in his prime. At least Pau led the Spaniards in international events.

Tymathee
03-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Greatness lulz, sig, nuff said

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2389071/butlerHAM.gif

Lakers Ghost
03-29-2013, 12:00 AM

he sucks period. :cricket:

Lakers Ghost
03-29-2013, 12:01 AM
I think you mean to say that you are sick of people diminishing Chris Bosh' slightly-above-averageness. :-):clap:

DallasTrilla23
03-29-2013, 12:18 AM

24.0ppg, 10.8 rpg, 2.4ap, 1.0bpg, 51.8fg%, 79.7ft%, and ranked number 4 in PER in the entire NBA.

11 RPG? Dayum.. I know he had to get extra rebounds playing with bargniani but why can't he do that now?

People forget how good of a player bosh is

Kyben36
03-29-2013, 12:23 AM
all he does is shoot jumpers which he isnt very good at either. he isnt a great rebounder and just plays off of two of the best players in teh nba, he is nothing.

D-Will4Prez
03-29-2013, 12:36 AM

I'm sick of Jimmer diminishing his own greatness.

Slug3
03-29-2013, 12:45 AM
all he does is shoot jumpers which he isnt very good at either. he isnt a great rebounder and just plays off of two of the best players in teh nba, he is nothing.

I pretty much agree with everything except stating he is not a good shooter. Inside the 3 he is a pretty good shooter.

rangersfan
03-29-2013, 03:15 AM
Wonder why the OP hasn't responded in a while. Twinky is probably too depressed after losing his job at the sperm bank for drinking on the job.

flips333
03-29-2013, 08:55 AM
Bosh isn't great. Can't diminish what isn't there.

papipapsmanny
03-29-2013, 03:29 PM
yeah Chris Bosh sucks..... so far for his career averages he is only putting up HOF numbers

RiceOnTheRun
03-29-2013, 03:39 PM
LeBron and Wade are both great. There's no argument about that. I have to agree though that Bosh is the glue that puts them together. Players aren't just numbers, there's the personality factor that has to be taken into account as well. A player like Dwight or Bynum would just not work in Miami no matter what their skillset was. Bosh is so important because he carries the dirty work and gives up his own numbers for team success. That's why the Lakers and their superteam are nowhere as successful as the Heat's. You have Kobe and Dwight who are both huge ego players. Pau wants his touches as well. If Lebron and D-Wade argued over touches, you can bet they wouldn't have had a chance against OKC last year. Bosh sacrificing his own numbers and taken a much lower status and paycheck is really admirable. Someone above said Marc Gasol and Duncan would also be great fits and while I'm inclined to agree with that, most other stars wouldn't fit in with the Heat at all. They play the ideal inside-outside selfless basketball where numbers don't really mean so much. Sacrifice is the theme and it takes a true group of players to put together something like that.

All in all, Miami would have no ring in 2012 without Bosh. Who would they replace him with, Udonis Haslem? The Heat have a nice cast of role players but without Bosh giving up his own numbers, there is no team success.

Tony_Starks
03-29-2013, 03:43 PM
People are aware that they have moved Bosh out of the paint to give Lebron and Wade more room to operate right? He's basically playing the stretch 4/5 role.

I've never been a huge fan of his game but I'll admit out of the big 3 he's definitely made the biggest sacrifice. And he still puts up solid numbers....

Sactown
03-29-2013, 10:48 PM
People are aware that they have moved Bosh out of the paint to give Lebron and Wade more room to operate right? He's basically playing the stretch 4/5 role.

I've never been a huge fan of his game but I'll admit out of the big 3 he's definitely made the biggest sacrifice. And he still puts up solid numbers....
This, he isn't utilized correctly, I personally think he's a top 5 PF in the league, but he definitely doesn't have a top 5 PF impact on his team.

koreancabbage
03-29-2013, 10:54 PM
actually, its the non Lebron fans, the non Miami fans that have made fun of Miami's big three well before Lebron and Miami fans have been under valuing Bosh.

Bosh is a great player and he put up big numbers in his contract year before he left Toronto- what is new around the NBA? contract year, looking for his own numbers. I'm sure everyone knows Bosh is a top 5 PF in this league but they just don't think he is as good as Lebron or wade, which is true, but when teams double team iether of the other two, Bosh is best third option out there and Miami fans have been saying this all along. I think Jimmer saw only a couple of people say Bosh sucks but those people are exaggerating that point, compared to Lebron.

DumDum
03-30-2013, 01:48 AM

Sounds like u want to ride jocks

amos1er
03-30-2013, 03:41 AM
Lebron fans rank Bosh as a top 25-30 player. lol

Everyone else that isn't a homer with an agenda ranks him where he belongs in the 14-18 range.

Sactown
03-30-2013, 01:53 PM

Everyone else that isn't a homer with an agenda ranks him where he belongs in the 14-18 range.

I think he's somewhere in the 18-25 range skill wise, but he clearly doesn't impact the game at that level, because he's utilized incorrectly

tmacsc2
03-30-2013, 02:14 PM
yes he is

Nope, he isnt. The only thing that he might do better than Aldridge and Dirk is play D and then Duncan is just flatout better than him!

Dade County
03-30-2013, 02:26 PM
LeBron and Wade are both great. There's no argument about that. I have to agree though that Bosh is the glue that puts them together. Players aren't just numbers, there's the personality factor that has to be taken into account as well. A player like Dwight or Bynum would just not work in Miami no matter what their skillset was. Bosh is so important because he carries the dirty work and gives up his own numbers for team success. That's why the Lakers and their superteam are nowhere as successful as the Heat's. You have Kobe and Dwight who are both huge ego players. Pau wants his touches as well. If Lebron and D-Wade argued over touches, you can bet they wouldn't have had a chance against OKC last year. Bosh sacrificing his own numbers and taken a much lower status and paycheck is really admirable. Someone above said Marc Gasol and Duncan would also be great fits and while I'm inclined to agree with that, most other stars wouldn't fit in with the Heat at all. They play the ideal inside-outside selfless basketball where numbers don't really mean so much. Sacrifice is the theme and it takes a true group of players to put together something like that.

All in all, Miami would have no ring in 2012 without Bosh. Who would they replace him with, Udonis Haslem? The Heat have a nice cast of role players but without Bosh giving up his own numbers, there is no team success.

Who are you, some sort of magician... :clap:

bucketss
03-30-2013, 02:32 PM

says the guy who calls bosh a superstar and than says pippen isn't one.

koreancabbage
03-30-2013, 07:10 PM

I think everyone would agree he is a top 30 player. Lebron fans and people who aren't homer. last time i checked, 14-18 is still top 30. I haven't seen one Lebron fan post anything that would say Bosh is a top 30 player and he isn't a top 14-18th player in the league. Unless there has been multiple accounts of non-baiting, non exaggerated, serious comments to this so called "Bosh sucks, he's only top 30" bull **** proof of this, you and the rest of Lakers / Kobe fans over there, D12, Illusionist, you, Jimmer are over exaggerating and extending the truth to the rest of the Lebron fans out there.

bucketss
03-30-2013, 07:14 PM
I think everyone would agree he is a top 30 player. Lebron fans and people who aren't homer. last time i checked, 14-18 is still top 30. I haven't seen one Lebron fan post anything that would say Bosh is a top 30 player and he isn't a top 14-18th player in the league. Unless there has been multiple accounts of non-baiting, non exaggerated, serious comments to this so called "Bosh sucks, he's only top 30" bull **** proof of this, you and the rest of Lakers / Kobe fans over there, D12, Illusionist, you, Jimmer are over exaggerating and extending the truth to the rest of the Lebron fans out there.

just like kobes career lol.

MetroMan
03-31-2013, 09:43 PM
Chris Bosh proved tonight that he is an all star and can still carry a team to beat the spurs

daleja424
03-31-2013, 09:46 PM
good player.

just wish he would be this assertive on both ends with lebron and wade playing... bc that would be crazy.

NBA_Starter
03-31-2013, 10:56 PM
Chris says hi Haters.

LeperMessiah
03-31-2013, 11:30 PM
Chris says hi Haters.

The sun shines on a dog's *** once in a while :p

zn23
04-01-2013, 01:32 AM
I think he's somewhere in the 18-25 range skill wise, but he clearly doesn't impact the game at that level, because he's utilized incorrectly

this