PDA

View Full Version : Who are the most boring playoff teams to watch per conference for you?

Everymanalion
03-19-2013, 08:51 AM
That you do not understand why they are ever on national TV and anytime you see them on you just change the channel, I would have to say for the western conference its the Jazz, for the east its Brooklyn. I am ONLY talking about teams in the playoff race, not Detroit, Charlotte, Sactown etc

What about you? Per conference...

LAKobeBryant
03-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Knicks, they always lose :(

I Rock Shaqs
03-19-2013, 10:15 AM
The Bulls without D Rose are incredibly boring to watch, they are always on NBA TV or playing National tv games and it's brutal, amazing defense and slow bad offense isn't fun to watch.

NYJ - NYY
03-19-2013, 10:25 AM
knicks havent been fun to watch for a couple weeks :(

D-Block21-Chito
03-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Bulls are horrible to watch with current squad and all theinjures. So I say Bulls then atlanta..

West coast. I like watching them all well maybe not utah

CaptainClutch
03-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Utah and Atlanta

NewEraFt.ET12
03-19-2013, 01:43 PM
I appreciate and enjoy good basketball teams that want to win. As long as the teams aren't tanking and it is competitive I will watch.

torocan
03-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Utah.

Defensive minded team with poor offense that plays poorly (especially as of late) to boot. The absolute worst combination.

I can enjoy a team like Memphis or Chicago for the defensive play, but Utah... boring basketball that happens to be bad basketball is as bad as it gets.

Brooklyn gets a nod in there somewhere. They have talent, but their disorganized offense and defense is painful to watch.

DanG
03-19-2013, 02:28 PM
utah,atlanta

Bravo95
03-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Brooklyn and Utah. Both play too slow.

KnickaBocka.44
03-19-2013, 04:05 PM
Utah isn't a playoff team as of right now so I'm not sure why they are getting so many mentions. Honestly, it's the Lakers. While it is kind of interesting to watch them play the way they have this season, I just can't get over how bad they are compared to their expectations. They are boring compared to what they should have been. In the East, the most boring teams are the Hawks and Nets.

NoahH
03-19-2013, 04:12 PM
Atlanta, Utah, Spurs

ManRam
03-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Utah isn't a great watch, but they aren't making the playoffs.

I think Memphis is really good, and I do appreciate the way they play, but it isn't always super exciting. I'll go out on a limb and say GS too. They don't captivate me much.

BK in the East

Dade County
03-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Bucks
boston
bulls (with out rose)
Atl
Nets
Pacers

Memphis... If they are not playing a very good team

Utah
Dallas

RLundi
03-19-2013, 04:20 PM
-Nets (something about JJ puts me to sleep)
-Bulls (grind-it-out gets old quick)
-Spurs (never been a fan of their big 3; for some reason I view them as having no charisma or personality)
-Pacers (no stars, David West is extremely unlikable)
-Utah (maybe it's the fact that they play in Utah. Plus, their colors turn me off, idk why)

KnickaBocka.44
03-19-2013, 04:26 PM
-Nets (something about JJ puts me to sleep)
-Bulls (grind-it-out gets old quick)
-Spurs (never been a fan of their big 3; for some reason I view them as having no charisma or personality)
-Pacers (no stars, David West is extremely unlikable)
-Utah (maybe it's the fact that they play in Utah. Plus, their colors turn me off, idk why)

A lot of people feel that way. In the past year or so, though: Tim Duncan gets heat for giving a fan the bird outside of Walgreens, TP was involved in a club fight between 2 rappers/women and they both gained attention for pretending to execute Joey Crawford on Halloween.

PleaseBeNice
03-19-2013, 04:27 PM
East:
Knicks
Hawks
Nets
Bulls
Celtics
Milwaukee
76ers
West:

Jazz
Spurs
Dallas

Riodagoat
03-19-2013, 04:33 PM
East: Basically all the teams not named Heat
West: Spurs and Jazz

Heediot
03-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Lakers. Kobe Bryant is irritating, and the 4th quarter drags on due to hack a dwight.

OceanSpray
03-19-2013, 06:43 PM
Atlanta and probably Memphis. The West are exciting so it was tough.

PatriotsGirl
03-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Nets, Bulls, Utah!

Fired-Up
03-19-2013, 10:11 PM
I can understand not liking Utah and the Bulls. Because they are slow and defensive minded. But I cannot understand not enjoying the Spurs. Of course you can overdose on the Spurs if they aren't your thing. But how can you call yourself a basketball fan and watch a team execute and play basketball flawlessly? There is nothing you can do fundamentally to improve that team.

Riodagoat
03-19-2013, 10:28 PM
I can understand not liking Utah and the Bulls. Because they are slow and defensive minded. But I cannot understand not enjoying the Spurs. Of course you can overdose on the Spurs if they aren't your thing. But how can you call yourself a basketball fan and watch a team execute and play basketball flawlessly? There is nothing you can do fundamentally to improve that team.

Enjoyment is subjective. Just because you don't enjoy a certain type of team play does not make you less of a fan of the game.

Bravo95
03-20-2013, 06:22 AM
I can understand not liking Utah and the Bulls. Because they are slow and defensive minded.
Don't know if I'd call this Jazz team defensive-minded. Memphis is slow and defensive-minded, Utah is just slow.

1_team_1_dream
03-20-2013, 12:49 PM
for me jazz bulls

1_team_1_dream
03-20-2013, 12:52 PM

ooh look who is saying it? last time i checked we rescued the 8 seed for the lakers .

koreancabbage
03-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Bulls/ Indiana

Memphis

DoMeFavors
03-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the love, its going to be a boring April-June for you guys then since we going to the finals.
We dont play to get ohhhhs and ahhhhs from fans we play to win games. Sorry if we dissapoint but thats how we play, we are about smart basketball.

didnt know we were supposed to put on a circus for all you to enjoy its basketball. it aint pretty

Rockice_8
03-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the love, its going to be a boring April-June for you guys then since we going to the finals.
We dont play to get ohhhhs and ahhhhs from fans we play to win games. Sorry if we dissapoint but thats how we play, we are about smart basketball.

Go root for someone else, seriously. The Nets are boring not the most boring in the east but a slow pace team with no explosive dunkers is gonna come off boring.

As a die hard Nets fan I can pretty much guarantee we aren't going to the finals.

b@llhog24
03-20-2013, 03:42 PM
Milwaukee and the Lakers.

Guppyfighter
03-20-2013, 04:12 PM
All playoff teams have something I am interested in watching.

SanAntonioSpurs23
03-20-2013, 04:18 PM
I'll watch any team in playoff basketball TBH, but in the regular season I only watch my team.

KniCks4LiFe
03-20-2013, 04:46 PM
West - The Jazz and The Suns
East - ~The Pelicans and The Pistons

tbone2171
03-20-2013, 04:58 PM
I appreciate and enjoy good basketball teams that want to win. As long as the teams aren't tanking and it is competitive I will watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hR5YNqE3K8

Isammm
03-20-2013, 05:12 PM
Spurs? They are the most fundamentally sound basketball team in the league. How are they not fun to watch....?

SanAntonioSpurs23
03-20-2013, 09:41 PM
Spurs? They are the most fundamentally sound basketball team in the league. How are they not fun to watch....?

People still think its 2007. Or they really dont like basketball and all they care about is alley oops.

ThaDubs
03-20-2013, 09:49 PM
To some people it'd be the Spurs without hesitation but their fundamentals and ball movement make them extremely fun to watch in my opinion. And how is it not fun to watch the greatest PF/C of all time do his thing?

ColtsSpursTerps
03-21-2013, 10:49 AM

this.
yall make me laugh. all teams have professional players that are talented as ****. I wouldn't call any of them anything close to 'boring'.

D-Leethal
03-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Hawks.

/Thread.

Guppyfighter
03-21-2013, 02:51 PM
Knicks are so painful to watch outside of Melo and Chandler. I don't think the Knicks roster would make the playoffs without Melo and Chandler actually.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
03-21-2013, 03:07 PM
Bucks
boston
bulls (with out rose)
Atl
Nets
Pacers

Memphis... If they are not playing a very good team

Utah
Dallas

so the only teams u like are NY n MIA? true basketball fan right here ladies and gents

D-Leethal
03-21-2013, 05:02 PM
Knicks are so painful to watch outside of Melo and Chandler. I don't think the Knicks roster would make the playoffs without Melo and Chandler actually.

Considering those are our top 2 players, and our 3rd has bum knees, I'd say thats accurate, and I'd also say its accurate that the vast majority of teams wouldn't make the playoffs if you subtract their top 2 players. That goes for the best team in the NBA (Heat minus LBJ and Wade) and that goes for the best team of all time ('96 Bulls minus MJ and Scottie).

Nice post bro.

Avenged
03-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Lakers, and that's saying something about my own team.

If you like to watch low basketball IQ, bone-head plays, mental mistakes, FT game, with lapses of no energy and lack of D.. well this is the team to watch.

This team had/has so much potential if they can get their **** together. Starts with everyone getting healthy though.

Guppyfighter
03-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Considering those are our top 2 players, and our 3rd has bum knees, I'd say thats accurate, and I'd also say its accurate that the vast majority of teams wouldn't make the playoffs if you subtract their top 2 players. That goes for the best team in the NBA (Heat minus LBJ and Wade) and that goes for the best team of all time ('96 Bulls minus MJ and Scottie).

Nice post bro.

It's the players that surround them is the problem. Going into next season you only have three keepers which is Melo, Chandler, and Shumpert. There is literally no one else on that roster that you can enjoy having for winning or just watching. Novak is the closest thing to that after those three.

LASportsFan1996
03-22-2013, 01:52 AM
Utah isn't a playoff team

setman2000
03-22-2013, 03:53 AM
The Eastern Conference

TylerSL
03-22-2013, 08:21 AM

Nice post bro.

lol this

D-Leethal
03-22-2013, 09:14 AM
It's the players that surround them is the problem. Going into next season you only have three keepers which is Melo, Chandler, and Shumpert. There is literally no one else on that roster that you can enjoy having for winning or just watching. Novak is the closest thing to that after those three.

KMart's energy and defense is an absolute pleasure to watch, Kidd and his wizard hands on defense and overall BBIQ is an absolutely pleasure to watch, JR Smith is one of the most explosive players on the bench in the entire NBA, has 3 or 4 top dunks and alleyoops this season, and has hit big time 4th quarter shot after big time 4th quarter shot. He frustrates you with his shot selection at times but he's the very definition of an exciting player to watch. Felton is still a starting PG averaging like 14-7 and takes care of the ball as good as any PG in this league. He's not a top PG by any means but hes not completely worthless and he can, will, and has contributed to plenty of victories for us this year.

The fact that you brought up Novak confirms the fact that you don't watch any games and just look at stat sheets.

None of the Heat role players are worth a goddamn thing without LeBron James and Wade spoonfeeding them wide open catch and shoot 3s every night. Are role players supposed to carry a team without its top 2-3 players or something? Role players are a product of the teams stars, and are only as good as the teams stars can help them be.

Guppyfighter
03-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Watching JR Smith run around and dominate the ball is not fun while also scoring inefficiently. Kmart is not fun. Felton is god ****ing awful. Novak stays with in his role and plays the game. I enjoy him being smart except he sucks ****ing dick on defense which isn't so great.

You are being a homer. "All my ****** players are too fun to watch."

Trueblue2
03-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Spurs and hawks...

blahblahyoutoo
03-22-2013, 01:17 PM

melo iso, melo iso, jr chuck, novak brick, melo iso, players that should be retired getting beat on the boards, melo iso, melo iso.

highly interesting game indeed.

I Rock Shaqs
03-22-2013, 01:36 PM
Watching JR Smith run around and dominate the ball is not fun while also scoring inefficiently. Kmart is not fun. Felton is god ****ing awful. Novak stays with in his role and plays the game. I enjoy him being smart except he sucks ****ing dick on defense which isn't so great.

You are being a homer. "All my ****** players are too fun to watch."

I'm going to go with you are just talking out your *** and you have no idea what you are talking about.

ON another note HOW IN THE HELL are the Spurs boring to watch!?!?! They have one of the best offenses in the entire league with a lot of good three point shooters and amazing passers.