PDA

View Full Version : Would you ever root for your team's #1 rival?

el hidalgo
03-18-2013, 08:44 PM
Are there many circumstances where you will root for your team's #1 rival? Whether it be baseball, hockey, football, or basketball? I say this, because I am embarrassed by my fanbase honestly. I would NEVER root for the Celtics. I hate the celtics and always will. Most of my fellow Lakers fans here are rooting for the Celtics to beat the Heat. They did the same when the Celtics played the Heat in the playoffs. Personally, I can never root for the Celtics (barring one of there players injuring one of our players, or something like that). I feel it is like being a Yankee fan and rooting for the Redsox to win, or vice versa.

Anybody with strong team rivalries, would you ever root for your biggest rival?

lakers4sho
03-18-2013, 08:48 PM
You're not even a Laker fan

ManRam
03-18-2013, 08:55 PM
i'm not sure my team has a #1 rival

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-18-2013, 08:57 PM
Are there many circumstances where you will root for your team's #1 rival? Whether it be baseball, hockey, football, or basketball? I say this, because I am embarrassed by my fanbase honestly. I would NEVER root for the Celtics. I hate the celtics and always will. Most of my fellow Lakers fans here are rooting for the Celtics to beat the Heat. They did the same when the Celtics played the Heat in the playoffs. Personally, I can never root for the Celtics (barring one of there players injuring one of our players, or something like that). I feel it is like being a Yankee fan and rooting for the Redsox to win, or vice versa.

:dance: Only one more month of you :dance:

Bishnoff
03-18-2013, 09:00 PM
I am today (Lakers vs. Suns) lol.

D12 fan
03-18-2013, 09:10 PM
OP mad he got kicked out the Lakers forum so he got mad and decided to make a thread lol.:pity:

Tony_Starks
03-18-2013, 09:19 PM
OP is a Laker fan hating the way he does?

Anyway I root for the Celtics all the time. I hope they make it to the finals because on the rare chance Lakers make it there's NO team I enjoy seeing them beat more than the Celtics.

lakers4sho
03-18-2013, 09:20 PM
OP mad he got kicked out the Lakers forum so he got mad and decided to make a thread lol.:pity:

no one messes with #*********, not in our home turf

JLynn943
03-18-2013, 09:20 PM
Only if it was in a situation where them winning helped my favorite team. It happens pretty often in football especially it seems because each game is so important due to there only being 16 of them.

Bravo95
03-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Closest was wanting the Yanks to beat the Mets in the '00 WS, 1 year after NYY swept my Braves. Hated the Mets.

Now way in hell I'd ever pull for other rivals like the Saints or Gators though.

el hidalgo
03-18-2013, 09:30 PM

lol who kicked me out? im still gonna post there bra

D12 fan
03-18-2013, 09:34 PM
lol who kicked me out? im still gonna post there branot for long brah.

ThunderousDemon
03-18-2013, 09:51 PM

Why are you still making threads?

ztilzer31
03-18-2013, 09:56 PM
not for long brah.

When are they gonna ban you from PSD.

Like seriously I have no problem saying you're the dumbest poster on this website. You said Cam Newton is the best QB in the NFL and Kobe Bryant is better then Kevin Durant.

Sometimes I seriously think you're just a troll.

JLynn943
03-18-2013, 09:58 PM
When are they gonna ban you from PSD.

Like seriously I have no problem saying you're the dumbest poster on this website. You said Cam Newton is the best QB in the NFL and Kobe Bryant is better then Kevin Durant.

Sometimes I seriously think you're just a troll.

I can think of a few others, too...

bucketss
03-18-2013, 10:04 PM
my team sucks too much to have a rival, but i will never root for the LAKERS ever.

Avenged
03-18-2013, 10:28 PM

You are not a Laker fan. If you continue to troll you will be banned.