PDA

View Full Version : Bulls' Forum Mock-Trade Deadline: 2) Boston vs 3) New York

Shammyguy3
03-18-2013, 01:10 AM
Hey everyone. The Bulls' Forum had a Mock-Trade Deadline game again this year, and we need as many votes possible to determine which teams will advance and ultimately which two teams will face each other in the Finals. So please vote for the team that you feel will win in a 7-game series and post why you think so. Assume complete-health for all players. Thanks!

2. Boston Celtics
PG: Rajon Rondo/Leandro Barbosa/Sebastian Telfair
SG: Monta Ellis/Jason Terry
SF: Luol Deng/Jason Richardson
PF: Thaddeus Young/Jason Thompson/Jared Sullinger
C: Kevin Garnett/Zaza Pachulia/Jermaine O'Neal

3. New York Knicks
PG: Ricky Rubio | Luke Ridnour | Pablo Prigioni
SG: Shannon Brown | J.R. Smith | James White
SF: Carmelo Anthony | Landry Fields
PF: David West | Rasheed Wallace | Chris Copeland | Jeff Pendegraph
C: Nikola Pekovic | Marcus Camby | Boris Diaw

*** Boston has Home-Court Advantage. Neither team sent in write-ups.

Guppyfighter
03-18-2013, 01:18 AM
This Knicks team is so ****ing sick.

Chacarron
03-18-2013, 02:45 AM
Carmelooooooooooooooooo.

Guppyfighter
03-18-2013, 02:56 AM
This Celtics team would get wacked by the Knicks.

unleashthebeast
03-18-2013, 06:41 AM
I'm quite shocked tht you guys are saying the Knicks would win. If you assume complete health for all players, which you are supposed to do, than I see 4 top 40 players in that Celtics starting 5, including a capable number one scorer, 3 great defenders, a distributor, and a great mid range big. I think that the celtics would win this series in 6 games at the most.

KnicksorBust
03-18-2013, 08:43 AM
Celtics. Hate the fit of players around Melo.

phlp_bj
03-18-2013, 11:46 AM
Sorry guys. Couldn't send in a writeup. Finals week for me :(. But go Celtics!

Guppyfighter
03-18-2013, 12:36 PM
This Celtics team two highest usage players have true shooting percentages of 512 and 488. And they both play awful defense.

The Knicks team would smash them. Guarantee it.

haggis
03-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Sorry for not sending in a write up, I was slammed all weekend.

Good luck to phlp, he put together a solid squad.

xxplayerxx23
03-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Don't really like the fit for the Knicks, but i do think its a close matchup.. I have to think on this one.

DitchDat
03-18-2013, 01:51 PM
Boston takes this one

lakers4sho
03-18-2013, 01:56 PM
wiiiiiccckkkky wuuuubbbiiioooooooooooo

DanG
03-18-2013, 02:02 PM
Celtics 4-2.

Guppyfighter
03-18-2013, 05:07 PM
Ricky would be setting up Carmelo all day and David and Pekovich fit perfectly together. David + Pek + Carmelo > Carmelo + Tyson + Amare

I love this Knicks team. It's ****ing awesome. The fact it is not winning is crazy.

haggis
03-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Ricky would be setting up Carmelo all day and David and Pekovich fit perfectly together. David + Pek + Carmelo > Carmelo + Tyson + Amare

I love this Knicks team. It's ****ing awesome. The fact it is not winning is crazy.

At least I have 1 fan. :hi5:

haggis
03-18-2013, 05:11 PM
Why are there 3 GMs?

phlp_bj
03-18-2013, 05:47 PM

Are you under the impression that no defense will be played or something? Rondo>Ricky. Let's see Rubio play defense and try to stop Rondo. Ellis>>>Brown. Brown is just a mediocre starter at best. Ellis can score with the best of them on any given day. On this team, he'll have Rondo to actually get him the ball in scoring opportunities than he has with Jennings right now.

Melo is still Melo. This was earlier this year when he went up against Deng. Deng went off on him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K91AuvVLoik. This is not to say that Melo won't go off on a scoring tear in this matchup as well, but all I'm saying is that Melo would need to actually defend Deng in this matchup since Deng can go off any day as well

Guppyfighter
03-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Uh, Rubio is an elite defender as is David West. Pek is above average as well.

Ellis TS percentage is 488. That's awful.

Guppyfighter
03-18-2013, 06:17 PM
You play zone and this Celtics team would not be able to score. Rubio would bottle gap Rondo, Ellis would bravely charge in and not get anything against the front court. And those two combined would have take up 35 or 40 of the possessions.

Everyone on the Knicks save for Brown and Smith are efficient scorers against awful defensive players (save for Garnett and Deng)

I also think it's funny you scoff at the idea of Rubio guarding Rondo, like that is a hard thing to do.

Super.
03-18-2013, 07:08 PM
uh, rubio is an elite defender as is david west. Pek is above average as well.

Ellis ts percentage is 488. That's awful.

lol lol lol lol lol lol

Guppyfighter
03-18-2013, 07:13 PM
lol lol lol lol lol lol

You can disagree with that if you want, but it's true. Pacers are the best defensive team in the league for a reason and David West is a huge part of that.

Rubio, PG's synergy against him is 96.2 points per 100 possessions. That's elite.

phlp_bj
03-18-2013, 08:31 PM
Uh, Rubio is an elite defender as is David West. Pek is above average as well.

Ellis TS percentage is 488. That's awful.

I stopped reading after you said Rubio is an elite defender

xxplayerxx23
03-18-2013, 08:36 PM
Rubio has shown flashes of being a nice defender. Like I said I don't like the fit with melo. Melo needs shooters around him and has proven he struggles when the floor balance isn't great. I think Celtics in 6

Guppyfighter
03-18-2013, 09:09 PM
I stopped reading after you said Rubio is an elite defender

Well he is and I don't think you have any kind of argument to say he isn't.

Guppyfighter
03-18-2013, 09:10 PM
Rubio has shown flashes of being a nice defender. Like I said I don't like the fit with melo. Melo needs shooters around him and has proven he struggles when the floor balance isn't great. I think Celtics in 6

David and Pek draw the defenders in and Melo has room to work with.

Any team that gives 40 percent of its possessions to Ellis and Rondo is going to lose. Not sure why people like this Celtics team.

I think elite defenders plus Melo is a great way to build around him.

haggis
03-18-2013, 09:54 PM
Are you under the impression that no defense will be played or something? Rondo>Ricky. Let's see Rubio play defense and try to stop Rondo. Ellis>>>Brown. Brown is just a mediocre starter at best. Ellis can score with the best of them on any given day. On this team, he'll have Rondo to actually get him the ball in scoring opportunities than he has with Jennings right now.

I don't need to stop Rondo. You have no offense. He has no one to pass to. KG is washed up and a shell of his former offensive self, Deng is a mediocre offensive player and a below average spot up shooter, Thad Young is easily contained on offense by West (and abused by West on the other end), so feel free to have Ellis put up 25+ shots a game on that roster.

Brown is a mediocre starter, yes, but he's athletic enough to effectively guard Ellis or Terry. You also forgot to mention JR Smith off the bench.

Melo is still Melo. This was earlier this year when he went up against Deng. Deng went off on him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K91AuvVLoik. This is not to say that Melo won't go off on a scoring tear in this matchup as well, but all I'm saying is that Melo would need to actually defend Deng in this matchup since Deng can go off any day as well

I think it's safe to say Melo is far superior than Deng offensively. I don't think I need to touch that one.

You play zone and this Celtics team would not be able to score. Rubio would bottle gap Rondo, Ellis would bravely charge in and not get anything against the front court. And those two combined would have take up 35 or 40 of the possessions.

Agreed on the defensive end for my Knicks. It's not like the C's are throwing out loads of offensive talent. I'll let Deng/Garnett/Young combine for their 40. Where else is that scoring load going to be picked up? Again, perfectly fine with Monta doing it (that'd actually be my goal).

Everyone on the Knicks save for Brown and Smith are efficient scorers against awful defensive players (save for Garnett and Deng)

I have a huge advantage in the front court IMO. I'll give a slight edge to the C's defensively, but Melo/West/Pek is head and shoulders above Deng/Young/Garnett offensively.

You keep saying this, but aren't backing it up other than saying Rubio can't space the floor. I'll concede that, but I feel that his overall game will make up for it. Also, West is a fantastic mid range shooter, Pek is way more offensively gifted than Chandler (who Melo doesn't have a problem playing with). Smith, Ridnour, Diaw, Sheed and Brown are more than capable of hitting shots from downtown.

Shammyguy3
03-18-2013, 11:27 PM
yeah, this Knicks team is better than the actual present-day Knicks team. That Celtics team will struggle so bad, it would be embarrassing. Rondo recently going down and the Celtics not missing a beat goes to show that while he's a good player, he doesn't necessarily sway anything on the court.

Awful spacing from Rondo/Ellis/Deng + a jump-shooting front court doesn't equal success here. Plus, like haggis said, Ridnour and Smith can provide said spacing for Melo. David West and Pekovic is a great balance in the front court next to him.

The Knicks would win this in 5 due to Boston's woefully inefficient offense. Plus, the Knicks have Pendegraph.

haggis
03-18-2013, 11:30 PM
phlp has a strong following :)

Shammyguy3
03-19-2013, 02:18 PM
last call for votes

YoungOne
03-19-2013, 02:33 PM
people really underrating thaddeus young here, he is playing great lately averaging 20 and 10 in his last 5 and having a very good season overall, west isnt far superior to him on both sides of the floor