PDA

View Full Version : Melo may have partially TORN meniscus or ARTHRITIC knee!!!

waveycrockett
03-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Carmelo Anthony has missed four of the past six games and is questionable to play Sunday, and one orthopedic surgeon who has not examined Anthony speculated that the New York Knicks' forward has either a partially torn meniscus or an arthritic knee.

Anthony had his knee drained in New York after the Knicks' loss to the Denver Nuggets on Wednesday. Having fluid in the back of the knee is rarely found in a patient "with a 100 percent normal knee," according to the surgeon.

“It means there is something going on with the knee,” the doctor added. “The question is, where did the fluid come from? What is the source of the fluid? Something inside the knee produces that fluid, so what is going to stop the fluid from coming back.”

Via Frank Isola/New York Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/melo-mess-raises-red-flags-article-1.1291011?pgno=1

javsvt
03-17-2013, 10:23 AM
I think it's Melos fault that he has a bum knee.:rolleyes:

bucketss
03-17-2013, 10:44 AM
you seem to be happy about this.

BBallfan8
03-17-2013, 10:45 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/melo-mess-raises-red-flags-article-1.1291011?pgno=1

The sad thing is these few pathetic Nets fans are celebrating these injuries. Your team isn't going anywhere anyways buddy so don't be a douche.

BBallfan8
03-17-2013, 10:51 AM
Plus this is just speculation from a doctor who hasn't examined Melo... plenty of players have had their knees drained and turned out fine (Kobe, Wade), so the title is very misleading.

BigBlueCrew
03-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Its SPECULATION by a doctor who HASNT examined him at all.

It just what wavey does. What a sorry human being. Like the stupid thread when JKidd was trying to off himself :laugh:

javsvt
03-17-2013, 10:53 AM
All Knick haters seem happy when something happens like this to the Knicks. Actually, even some Knick fans will probably be happy, that's the sad part.
I hope it's not true, as a realist, we will uncompetitive in the playoffs without him.

BBallfan8
03-17-2013, 10:54 AM

It just what wavey does. What a sorry human being. Like the stupid thread when JKidd was trying to off himself :laugh:

Exactly, this isn't a story... yet Wavey makes sure to post it with capitals and exclamation points. What a ****ing loser celebrating injuries.

justinnum1
03-17-2013, 11:01 AM
just speculation, but the part about fluid being in the back of the knee not being normal is concerning.

waveycrockett
03-17-2013, 11:06 AM

Just the professional opinion of an orthopedic surgeon. They are a dime a dozen. His medical degree can't go toe to toe with your GED.

waveycrockett
03-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Exactly, this isn't a story... yet Wavey makes sure to post it with capitals and exclamation points. What a ****ing loser celebrating injuries.

It isn't a story but the NY Dailynews decided to run it and one of Melo's biggest stans Frank Isola decided to cover it. Ok

Badluck33
03-17-2013, 11:15 AM
he shoulda stayed in denver.

beasted86
03-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Plus this is just speculation from a doctor who hasn't examined Melo... plenty of players have had their knees drained and turned out fine (Kobe, Wade), so the title is very misleading.

Not really. Both of those guys needed surgery eventually. That's basically all this surgeon is saying... Melo will need surgery at some point.

MTL_123
03-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Its just speculation from someone that didnt even examine him i bet melo is alright just banged up a bit just rest him for a week or 2 and just make sure hes rdy for the playoffs and he'll be good

HouRealCoach
03-17-2013, 11:42 AM
Really doesn't matter, they won't be relevant come playoff time anyways.. Pretty sad that we have the highest paid frontcourt in the league (or maybe ever) and they can't even stay on the court

nycericanguy
03-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Anthony practiced lightly yesterday with the team at UCLA, testing his knee, and doesn’t appear ready to go just three days after getting his right knee drained of soft-tissue fluid. Neither does Chandler, meaning a national TV audience will see a Knicks starting frontcourt of Kurt Thomas, Kenyon Martin and Chris Copeland.

But as important as Anthony’s drainage was the discovery no long-term articular cartilage damage was found, which likely means no offseason arthroscopic surgery and a small chance of the fluid returning.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/avoiding_knick_disaster_movie_kZoYWwkNJIWUx6cdf2ST SO

Wow... there are some really pathetic Net fans on this site, clinging to hope on the words of a doc who never even examined Melo...

Knick fans take alot of heat, but I don't recall Knick fans starting threads like "Deron might have 2 bad ankles!" in excitement.

waveycrockett
03-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Its just speculation from someone that didnt even examine him i bet melo is alright just banged up a bit just rest him for a week or 2 and just make sure hes rdy for the playoffs and he'll be good
Yea just an expert in the field. No big deal. Orthopedic surgeon? Who isn't one now a days?

waveycrockett
03-17-2013, 11:45 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/avoiding_knick_disaster_movie_kZoYWwkNJIWUx6cdf2ST SO

Wow... there are some really pathetic Net fans on this site...

Knick fans take alot of heat, but I don't recall Knick fans starting threads like "Deron might have 2 bad ankles!" in excitement.
Good to know Frank Isola and the Daily News are Nets fans

D-Leethal
03-17-2013, 11:47 AM

Wow... there are some really pathetic Net fans on this site, clinging to hope on the words of a doc who never even examined Melo...

lol, this.

KnicksorBust
03-17-2013, 11:48 AM
Yea just an expert in the field. No big deal. Orthopedic surgeon? Who isn't one now a days?

You have all the right in the world to post the article and I agree 100% that this is a valid story. This could be a serious and potentially lingering injury that would eliminate one of the top seeds in the East from any contention.

Don't be naive about the types of responses you would be receiving from the Knicks fan base. On the internet a simple thing like exclamation points about an injury to an opposing player present an excitement or joy about the event.

waveycrockett
03-17-2013, 11:49 AM

NY Post? Marc Berman? Why not just post something from The Onion.

waveycrockett
03-17-2013, 11:50 AM
You have all the right in the world to post the article and I agree 100% that this is a valid story. This could be a serious and potentially lingering injury that would eliminate one of the top seeds in the East from any contention.

Don't be naive about the types of responses you would be receiving from the Knicks fan base. On the internet a simple thing like exclamation points about an injury to an opposing player present an excitement or joy about the event.
Thanks for being level headed. For the record I enjoy watching Melo play even as a Knick. Hope he makes a 100% recovery this season.

D-Leethal
03-17-2013, 11:54 AM

IDK man, we have had some shadiness with our PR staff but all the legitimate reports from the actual medical testing says there is nothing wrong with Melo's knee. I don't think speculation from a random doctor is thread worthy when it directly contradicts the actual evidence at hand.

KnicksorBust
03-17-2013, 11:56 AM
IDK man, we have had some shadiness with our PR staff but all the legitimate reports from the actual medical testing says there is nothing wrong with Melo's knee. I don't think speculation from a random doctor is thread worthy when it directly contradicts the actual evidence at hand.

So let's just ignore this thread and focus our energy on beating the Clippers today. :)

BigBlueCrew
03-17-2013, 12:24 PM
NY Post? Marc Berman? Why not just post something from The Onion.

I thought that was what we were doing Wavey?

netsgiantsyanks
03-17-2013, 12:27 PM

utl768
03-17-2013, 12:41 PM
He never examined him so his opinion is meaningless

waveycrockett
03-17-2013, 01:08 PM
He never examined him so his opinion is meaningless

says the guy with a degree from apex technical school^^

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
03-17-2013, 01:13 PM
I know you're not but at the same time it kinda sounds like you're rooting for Carmelo to have a serious injury so you really shouldn't be too surprised when people question your post. Sadly there are a lot of people out there who do hope this injury is true.

KnickaBocka.44
03-17-2013, 01:18 PM
It says in the article that the surgeon didn't want to be identified. This says a lot about his statements.

BigBlueCrew
03-17-2013, 01:26 PM

:pity:

meloman1592
03-17-2013, 01:35 PM

The immaturity is real bad with you

DoMeFavors
03-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Why is the injury always 100% worse than what they think it is? bad training staff

BigBlueCrew
03-17-2013, 01:59 PM
Why is the injury always 100% worse than what they think it is? bad training staff

sells more newspapers?

TheNumber37
03-17-2013, 02:17 PM
I always get medical evaluations from people who have not medically evaluated me.

Matrix3132
03-17-2013, 02:22 PM
I always get medical evaluations from people who have not medically evaluated me.

He's not giving a medical evaluation, he's just simply stating that there wouldn't be fluid without a problem and he mentioned a few things that might be causing the fluid.

KniCks4LiFe
03-17-2013, 02:26 PM
whether it is or not it's unknown. It is rare that fluid leaks to the back of your knee we do know that. So it's more than likely something is terribly wrong. Either way this isn't good.

nycericanguy
03-17-2013, 02:28 PM
whether it is or not it's unknown. It is rare that fluid leaks to the back of your knee we do know that. So it's more than likely something is terribly wrong. Either way this isn't good.

They already drained the knee and found no damage.

Stop pretending to be a Knick fan... its getting kinda silly... especially since you are never in the NYK forum.

NYKNYGNYY
03-17-2013, 02:41 PM
I tore my meniscus about 8 years ago and its been painful damn near everyday of my life especially in cold and ****** weather...not good

KniCks4LiFe
03-17-2013, 02:41 PM

Stop pretending to be a Knick fan... its getting kinda silly... especially since you are never in the NYK forum.

is this baiting no?

KniCks4LiFe
03-17-2013, 02:58 PM
Now that the bull is out of the way. I agree w/ one thing in that article.

“The question is, where did the fluid come from? What is the source of the fluid? Something inside the knee produces that fluid, so what is going to stop the fluid from coming back.”

we won't know the truth until there's like a month left in the season.

D-Leethal
03-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Now that the bull is out of the way. I agree w/ one thing in that article.

we won't know the truth until there's like a month left in the season.

Of course that would be the one thing you agree with :rolleyes:. How about the prognosis from the actual doctors that examined Melo's knee? Wade had his knee drained in the playoffs last year, its not really a huge deal or procedure.

But as important as Anthony’s drainage was the discovery no long-term articular cartilage damage was found, which likely means no offseason arthroscopic surgery and a small chance of the fluid returning.

Guppyfighter
03-17-2013, 04:15 PM
It says in the article that the surgeon didn't want to be identified. This says a lot about his statements.

I'd love to hear the arm chair psychology on this one.

todu82
03-17-2013, 04:51 PM
If true, then it would be bad news for the Knicks and their chances in the playoffs.

GiantsSwaGG
03-17-2013, 04:56 PM
he shoulda stayed in denver.

Agreed

GiantsSwaGG
03-17-2013, 05:01 PM

It could be JR

GiantsSwaGG
03-17-2013, 05:01 PM
Of course that would be the one thing you agree with :rolleyes:. How about the prognosis from the actual doctors that examined Melo's knee? Wade had his knee drained in the playoffs last year, its not really a huge deal or procedure.

Nothing is new with him

Kashmir13579
03-17-2013, 05:54 PM
Hope its not that serious..

KnickaBocka.44
03-17-2013, 06:12 PM
I'd love to hear the arm chair psychology on this one.

Well if he ends up being wrong, it hurts his credibility. If he was so sure, he wouldn't mind if his name was mentioned or not. It just goes towards the reliability of his opinion, or lack there of, in this case because he doesn't have all of the information he needs to make an informed statement.

Matrix3132
03-17-2013, 09:14 PM
]Well if he ends up being wrong[/B], it hurts his credibility. If he was so sure, he wouldn't mind if his name was mentioned or not. It just goes towards the reliability of his opinion, or lack there of, in this case because he doesn't have all of the information he needs to make an informed statement.

What is Dr. wrong about? Fluid in a knee indicates some problem, the unnamed Dr. doesn't know exactly what that problem is, just mentioned a couple things it might be. How would this hurt their credibility when the dr. hasn't even looked at his knee?

njnets
03-17-2013, 11:11 PM
Please ignore waveycrockett as the entire nets fan base.

I can't say that I represent everyone but just because him and dmf are fools don't put the rest of us in that category.

With that being said, this would be devastating and shocking, especially since there were no warning signs beforehand. Amare relied on his athleticism and we all knew his knees would go out. Really interesting to see what the actual results are

LeperMessiah
03-17-2013, 11:33 PM
Annnnnd there's the final crippling blow my team will take in fantasy.

SportsFanatic10
03-18-2013, 12:07 AM
the knicks hopes and dreams for this season are swirling the drain.

jam
03-18-2013, 03:41 AM
The knicks must be hiring doctors with online degrees from schools in the cayman islands.

I wouldn't be surprised if that incompetent cheapskate dolan were cutting corners with the staff.

JayW_1023
03-18-2013, 05:45 AM
Bad news. i don't like Miami practically coasting through the East come postseason.

JayW_1023
03-18-2013, 06:51 AM
^^^^another reason why Rose should return this year. The East needs to be competitive.

oak2455
03-18-2013, 07:41 AM
The knicks must be hiring doctors with online degrees from schools in the cayman islands.

I wouldn't be surprised if that incompetent cheapskate dolan were cutting corners with the staff.

You're a funny one, stop please I can't stop laughing .........:facepalm:

NYJ - NYY
03-18-2013, 09:23 AM

true dat rican guy... knicks4life fakest fan out... him dmf and wavey circle jerk to the fake fan hood

GroundAttack25
03-18-2013, 09:52 AM
Amazing this was the same Knick team we saw back in November.

Tysons_Beard
03-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Shut up

72 Wins
03-18-2013, 10:34 AM
Partially torn meniscus is not THAT big of a deal. He'll be fine.

KnickaBocka.44
03-18-2013, 12:28 PM
What is Dr. wrong about? Fluid in a knee indicates some problem, the unnamed Dr. doesn't know exactly what that problem is, just mentioned a couple things it might be. How would this hurt their credibility when the dr. hasn't even looked at his knee?

Because he is basically guessing and he doesn't have all of the information he needs to make a proper diagnosis.

oak2455
03-18-2013, 01:18 PM
true dat rican guy... knicks4life fakest fan out... him dmf and wavey circle jerk to the fake fan hood

On a cookie and eat it ..... This guy who wrote this story is a hack.... When someone real reports this than I'll listen ....

hidalgo
03-18-2013, 01:38 PM
hopefully he can make a full recovery. he's a fun player to watch. future HOFer

oak2455
03-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Al Iannazzone @Al_Iannazzone 3 minutes ago
Melo is shooting around now.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/new_york_knicks#ixzz2NusuVwrC

Kuya_Clive
03-18-2013, 02:41 PM
Because he is basically guessing and he doesn't have all of the information he needs to make a proper diagnosis.

That's probably why he wanted to remain unnamed. Obviously the reporter would make it out to be an official diagnosis when the ortho surgeon was just listing things from whatever info the reporter gave him. The guy even says he's isn't sure, just that fluid in the posterior knee is not normal.

oak2455
03-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Marc Berman @NYPost_Berman about 13 minutes ago
Carmelo says looking to return vs. Orlando Wednesday. Needs to get more strength.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/new_york_knicks#ixzz2NuzyKjYZ

oak2455
03-18-2013, 02:45 PM
again the hack looking to make headlines can't stand this guy and his stories

Jagger
04-28-2013, 01:28 PM
I had rheumatoid arthritis before, way back in college while I'm in the peak of my college basketball career. I tried different pain relievers, seen by different rheumy's but nothing good happened. I tried stem cell therapy after 3 years of suffering and it worked for me. I had it with my orthopedic surgeon, Dr Purita and it took us 5 weeks to finish the treatment. Now, I'm knees are back to normal. :clap:

TheNumber37
04-28-2013, 01:45 PM
Ban for the troll bump

ManRam
04-28-2013, 01:55 PM
I had rheumatoid arthritis before, way back in college while I'm in the peak of my college basketball career. I tried different pain relievers, seen by different rheumy's but nothing good happened. I tried stem cell therapy after 3 years of suffering and it worked for me. I had it with my orthopedic surgeon, Dr Purita and it took us 5 weeks to finish the treatment. Now, I'm knees are back to normal. :clap:

i REALLY hope that you are a spammer for Dr. Purita. you would be the greatest spammer of all time