PDA

View Full Version : George Hill rips Pacer fans

Tmath
03-16-2013, 04:02 PM
“It sucks. It was 70 (Lakers fans) – 30 (Pacers fans) out there. These are the same people that wants autographs after the game. We’re out there in the community. We’re doing our job, doing what we’re supposed to do on and off the court. Something has to change. I tip my hat to this team. We’ve been trouble free. Been out in the community shaking hands, we’re winning. It shouldn’t feel like an away game, especially with an important like this. Tonight, that’s what it felt like.”

“They always say your fans are your sixth man and you feed off that energy. Energy is down and we turn the ball over and we’re hearing cheers. We’re missing shots and we’re hearing cheers. That kind of brings your head down cause you know you’re at home. It shouldn’t be like that. Now we see how it is. We have to move forward, don’t worry about. Stay focus on what’s in this locker room and don’t worry about the rest.”

“(We’re) not a team that’s in the bottom in the East. We’re one of the top three teams in the East. We’re winning the Central Division and it should show. Right now it’s not and it’s been all season long where it’s not showing and I don’t think there’s nothing else we can do as an organization and as players. Now it’s up to the community.”

Link: http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/2013/03/16/pacers-hill-sounds-off-on-lack-of-fan-support-full-transcript/

Indiana clearly doesn't deserve to have a team. If the Raptors had the 3rd best team in the east, the building would be full. Heck, last nights against the bobcats we had a great crowd even though we are way out of the playoff race.

bucketss
03-16-2013, 04:05 PM
“It sucks. It was 70 (Lakers fans) – 30 (Pacers fans) out there. These are the same people that wants autographs after the game. We’re out there in the community. We’re doing our job, doing what we’re supposed to do on and off the court. Something has to change. I tip my hat to this team. We’ve been trouble free. Been out in the community shaking hands, we’re winning. It shouldn’t feel like an away game, especially with an important like this. Tonight, that’s what it felt like.”

“They always say your fans are your sixth man and you feed off that energy. Energy is down and we turn the ball over and we’re hearing cheers. We’re missing shots and we’re hearing cheers. That kind of brings your head down cause you know you’re at home. It shouldn’t be like that. Now we see how it is. We have to move forward, don’t worry about. Stay focus on what’s in this locker room and don’t worry about the rest.”

“(We’re) not a team that’s in the bottom in the East. We’re one of the top three teams in the East. We’re winning the Central Division and it should show. Right now it’s not and it’s been all season long where it’s not showing and I don’t think there’s nothing else we can do as an organization and as players. Now it’s up to the community.”

Link: http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/2013/03/16/pacers-hill-sounds-off-on-lack-of-fan-support-full-transcript/

Indiana clearly doesn't deserve to have a team. If the Raptors had the 3rd best team in the east, the building would be full. Heck, last nights against the bobcats we had a great crowd even though we are way out of the playoff race.

excpet when jeremy lin comes and everyone cheers for him LMAO

ThaDubs
03-16-2013, 04:06 PM
K

bucketss
03-16-2013, 04:06 PM
also same thing happens when the lakers come to town toronto fans are a bunch bandwaggon fans

RLundi
03-16-2013, 04:08 PM
So based on a game in which one of the most popular teams and players in sports comes to town, the Pacers don't deserve a team?

What about last year when half of Toronto was cheering for Jeremy Lin when he made the game-winner? Does Toronto not deserve a team either?

I get what Hill is saying, but to say they don't deserve a team for that is silly.

Jimmer55
03-16-2013, 04:10 PM
It is a sad state of affairs when Indiana is the second best team in the conference. My goodness, the parity in the NBA is pathetic. Especially the Least.

Tmath
03-16-2013, 04:10 PM
also same thing happens when the lakers come to town toronto fans are a bunch bandwaggon fans

There are bandwagon Laker fans everywhere, thats going to happen, but Indiana is 2nd best team in the east, and they are in the bottom 5 in attendance.

Raptors are in the top half of best attendance regardless of being sub .500

RLundi
03-16-2013, 04:11 PM
It is a sad state of affairs when Indiana is the second best team in the conference. My goodness, the parity in the NBA is pathetic. Especially the Least.

You're grounded. Go to your room.

ThaDubs
03-16-2013, 04:12 PM

Happens when people like Kobe and LeBron are in town. There are so many bandwagon fans all over the place. Everywhere you go. It's annoying but sometimes you just need to deal with it. Another one that annoys me is when Jeremy Lin comes in, literally 70% of Oracle is wearing Lin shirts/jersey, when 13,000 of our seats are season ticket holders'.

RLundi
03-16-2013, 04:12 PM
There are bandwagon Laker fans everywhere, thats going to happen, but Indiana is 3rd best team in the east, and they are in the bottom 5 in attendance.

Raptors are in the top half of best attendance regardless of being sub .500

Toronto also has 6 million people as opposed to 2 million in Indianapolis.

ATX
03-16-2013, 04:13 PM

How many times do you need to say the exact same things? Your a broken record...

richiesaurus310
03-16-2013, 04:13 PM
There's fans of other teams on enemy soil everywhere, get over it. The lakers, celtics, certain players, etc are very popular everywhere....

Tmath
03-16-2013, 04:16 PM
Toronto also has 6 million people as opposed to 2 million in Indianapolis.

I made a mistake, they are 2nd best in the east and bottom 5 in attendance. If that isn't a reason to come to games then I don't know what is.

I remember when the Bulls played the Pacers in the playoffs there were more red jerseys than yellow. Its a disgrace.

D12 fan
03-16-2013, 04:16 PM
I'm a bandwagon fan, yeah I said it and i'm proud.:cool:

Tmath
03-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Even the Bobcats have a better attendance than the Pacers lol.

D12 fan
03-16-2013, 04:39 PM
I doubt Mother is.

I thought we were buddies?:hi5:

ThunderousDemon
03-16-2013, 04:40 PM
I doubt Mother is.

Mother, do you think they'll drop the bomb?
Mother, do you think they'll like this song?
Mother, do you think they'll try to break my balls?
Mother, should I build the wall?
Mother, should I run for President?
Mother, should I trust the government?
Mother, will they put me in the firing line?
Is it just a waste of time?

bucketss
03-16-2013, 04:42 PM

don't you think its time to hop off that train wreck of a team called the lakers.

John Walls Era
03-16-2013, 04:50 PM
People want to see the big names and Lakers also have the biggest followings in the NBA.
He might be bitter though, I wonder if Hill would care if they won.

bigsams50
03-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Even the Bobcats have a better attendance than the Pacers lol.

Bobcats have better attendance then the Pacers, Bucks, and Hawks. All playoff teams lol

LAKobeBryant
03-16-2013, 05:03 PM
K

fail.

D12 fan
don't you think its time to hop off that train wreck of a team called the lakers.

no!

LanceUpperCut
Yes this happens with many teams when the Lakers come in but that's not the main point it's that there number 2 in the east have a great team and get no support from there fan base and they should be embarrassed about it. The fans of Indy defiantly have no excuse for not showing up cause that team plays there hearts out night in and night out.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
03-16-2013, 05:13 PM

or they enjoy seeing good players? :facepalm:

DoMeFavors
03-16-2013, 05:14 PM
do you still support Orlando Magic and South West Atlanta Christian Academy?

TmacBryant
03-16-2013, 05:41 PM
Michael Jordan also had tons of fans outside of chicaco, the difference was that back then there were real rivalries. Players were not bffs with each other and fans were loyal because of that.

sep11ie
03-16-2013, 06:11 PM

I'll be your friend in the Rockets forum next year after Dwight signs with us, buddy!

J4KOP99
03-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Hill will be on the lakers next year with granger so he won't have to worry about it

sep11ie
03-16-2013, 06:15 PM
do you still support Orlando Magic and South West Atlanta Christian Academy?

Do you still "know Melo is coming to the Nets"?
And just "know Josh Smith will be a Net by the trade deadline"?

Tony_Starks
03-16-2013, 06:25 PM
Kobe has got MVP chants in Boston and Sacramento. There are Laker fans in every state. I'm sorry but if the Pacers want to change that they need to win a ring!

RLundi
03-16-2013, 06:29 PM
I thought we were buddies?:hi5:

Not on your life, sport.

Avenged
03-16-2013, 06:35 PM
That was nothing compared to the chants and cheers in Atlanta for the Lakers.

Tony_Starks
03-16-2013, 06:52 PM
That was nothing compared to the chants and cheers in Atlanta for the Lakers.

Not to be a homer but Kobe is showing out so bad now it's like a world tour. I think people are catching a glimpse of him while they can.

Blitzace137
03-16-2013, 06:57 PM
small market team problems

Im_in_Mia_bish
03-16-2013, 06:58 PM
Not to be a homer but Kobe is showing out so bad now it's like a world tour. I think people are catching a glimpse of him while they can.

...or it could be the fact that the home team feel the lakers arent a threat due to their chemistry issues, and the Laker fans at those places get the seats?

DesChiddy
03-16-2013, 07:19 PM
I think he's mad though. Can you blame him?

Tony_Starks
03-16-2013, 07:19 PM
...or it could be the fact that the home team feel the lakers arent a threat due to their chemistry issues, and the Laker fans at those places get the seats?

If that was the case just this year then maybe but it was like that even when they were winning chips. Lakers have a big following wherever they go.....

HiphopRelated
03-16-2013, 07:35 PM
They played like it was an away game

VCaintdead17
03-16-2013, 07:36 PM

dude shut the **** up

Deezy3
03-16-2013, 08:07 PM
I just assumed that all the Pacers fans decided to stay home, order some pizza, pick up some beer and watch the game with their buddies comfortably in their living rooms due to the fact that the Indiana "Laker Fans" bought all the tickets at the beginning of the season.

ColtsSpursTerps
03-16-2013, 08:53 PM
dude shut the **** up

so you believe there is enough parity in the league?

good productive post man

ThaDubs
03-16-2013, 09:00 PM

Lol. :laugh:

siix
03-16-2013, 09:21 PM
indiana small market team....hill come to toronto.

barreleffact
03-16-2013, 09:40 PM
Hill will be on the lakers next year with granger so he won't have to worry about it

Keep Granger FAR away from the Lakers! I wouldn't even want Hill, but Granger!?! Iwould rather start Shaq at PG than pay Granger. He is a bum now worse than Meeks if possible.

KnicksorBust
03-17-2013, 02:36 PM
I don't blame Hill. He's probably spent his whole life busting his *** to get in the NBA. He gets in...looks to be a role player on the Spurs (who will never start over Parker)... then he gets out... goes to Indy... and he's been playing great. The Pacers are the #2 seed and should be playing for a packed arena of die-hard fans who can't wait for the playoffs and cheer them and support them. Instead he's getting boo'd at home vs. a team that is barely in the playoffs and spent most of the season below .500.

That being said... if they beat the Lakers... I don't think we would have gotten these quotes... it's a little bit of sour grapes but he's still right.

Ware_Spencer
03-17-2013, 02:52 PM
I don't just blame the fans. The Pacers organization needs part of the blame.
Marketing and sales is one of the biggest part of any business.
People create amazing products all the time but it doesn't sell. If you cannot communicate something well emotionally with somebody than nobody will show up.
Indiana is a basketball town. Its not just college basketball. They love basketball but the fact is Indiana isn't getting involved enough as a organization. They can point fingers at the fans but in reality they need to point fingers at the Owner and Marketing. When it comes down to basketball decisions they have been amazing.
But it terms of the business side it isn't working.