PDA

View Full Version : Will the Heat beat the 33-game win steak record?

JasonJohnHorn
03-15-2013, 11:16 AM
It has been over 40 years since the Lakers set an NBA win-streak record getting 33 wins in a row. Since that time only two teams have won 20 games in a row, the Rockets in 07/08 (they won 22 in a row), and the Heat who now sit a 20 consecutive wins. So the question is: Will the Heat beat the record?

Also, is such a win steak indicative of success in the playoffs? Houston had the second longest win streak ever but failed to get home court and lost in the first round, while the Lakers had the longest win streak and went onto win the NBA champion and post what would be the best regular season record EVER until the Bulls came along and won 72 games.

Here is their schedule for the rest of the season:
@Milwaukee Bucks---W
@Toronto Raptors-----W
@Boston Celtics -----W
@Cleveland Cavaliers
Detroit Pistons
Charlotte Bobcats
@Orlando Magic
@Chicago Bulls
@New Orleans Hornets
@San Antonio Spurs
New York Knicks
@Charlotte Bobcats
Philadelphia 76ers
Milwaukee Bucks- This would tie the Lakers
@Washington Wizards- This would beat the Lakers' streak
Boston Celtics
Chicago Bulls
@Cleveland Cavaliers
Orlando Magic

The Heat could conceivably win every game from here on out. The only team that has a better record than them is SAS, and they are down Tony Parker right now. They play SAS on the road, but they should be able to win that game. When I made the thread I voted no, but looking at their record, if they beat the Spurs, they can carry this win streak into next season.

I bolded the teams that could potentially beat them, which is really only four games, two against the Bulls, one against the Spurs and one against NY, which they should be able to win given NY is missing Amare while Chandler and Melo both have knee injuries right now.

ManRam
03-15-2013, 11:18 AM
no

ATX
03-15-2013, 11:18 AM
Could? Yes
Will? No

kdspurman
03-15-2013, 11:29 AM
Don't think so. It's possible but I don't think so. I think beating the Rockets streak is more realistic at this point. Though their schedule isn't too bad, I would think it ends either tonight or @ Boston.

LongIslandIcedZ
03-15-2013, 11:30 AM
Nah

LongWayFromHome
03-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Don't think so. It's possible but I don't think so. I think beating the Rockets streak is more realistic at this point.

Really? you think it will be easier for them to win 23 than 34?

Riveting.

benzni
03-15-2013, 11:35 AM
No

kdspurman
03-15-2013, 11:52 AM

Riveting.

Sorry for your loss last night.. (Bitter?)

How about you respond to the question at hand?

naps
03-15-2013, 12:00 PM
No.

JoeBlessU
03-15-2013, 12:01 PM
Not without the help of the refs... Which is actually a strong possibility so ill say yes

theheatles
03-15-2013, 12:11 PM
No, Stan Van jinxed them on Wednesday and said the Heat will lose at Milwaukee

OceanSpray
03-15-2013, 12:38 PM
7/18 games vs +.500, their only threat are SAS, Boston, and maybe Milwaukee. They can certainly break the record but it all depends on whether or not Wade/James can keep it up. If Wade/James both have bad games, it's going to be tough.

4milesperday
03-15-2013, 12:43 PM
incomplete options, what if they tie the 22 game streak?

Stinkyoutsider
03-15-2013, 12:48 PM
I think they'll catch the Rockets but not the Lakers?

The Heat have been playing better than anyone else in the league but it's a long season and they've already squeaked by in a few games.

It's great that they've been able to have this streak, but I have a feeling the Heat aren't worried a lot about it if the streak does end. They've got the focus of winning another title. I think if it was a team that wasn't a championship contender, they would be more focused on the streak and could probably do more damage.

Kashmir13579
03-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Why are these poll options so bad?

Why can't it just be yes and no so i can actually vote without feeling like a nimrod?

I didn't vote. But yes i think they WILL break the record.

netsgiantsyanks
03-15-2013, 01:15 PM
lolno.

OceanSpray
03-15-2013, 01:28 PM
How is the 33 a farfetched option? Check their upcoming schedule.

canefandynasty
03-15-2013, 01:57 PM
DURING THE STREAK

WADE: 36.0 MPG | .548 FG | 24.1 PPG | 5.8 RPG | 5.6 APG | 2.6 SPG | 1.0 BPG | 20.5 GmSC
LEBRON: 37.4 MPG | .580 FG | 26.6 PPG | 7.7 RPG | 7.5 APG | 1.9 SPG | 0.8 BPG | 24.9 GmSC

JoeBlessU
03-15-2013, 02:14 PM
DURING THE STREAK

WADE: 36.0 MPG | .548 FG | 24.1 PPG | 5.8 RPG | 5.6 APG | 2.6 SPG | 1.0 BPG | 20.5 GmSC
LEBRON: 37.4 MPG | .580 FG | 26.6 PPG | 7.7 RPG | 7.5 APG | 1.9 SPG | 0.8 BPG | 24.9 GmSC

How many more diseases has Dwade contracted since the streak started?

OceanSpray
03-15-2013, 02:24 PM

We have a Kobe fan.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-15-2013, 02:24 PM
They lose to SA or the Bulls (first meeting).

SteBO
03-15-2013, 02:42 PM
They lose to SA or the Bulls (first meeting).
You mean 3rd meeting.....MIA/CHI is split 1-1, with the road team winning each game.

_Supreme_
03-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Of course I hope so, but honestly I don't think so.

There will always be that one night when things go wrong.

--23--
03-15-2013, 02:57 PM
With how very weak the East is at the moment and looking at the schedule, it's very possible but i'll say no I think the Raptors, Celtics or Hornets will stop it. It's always a team you don't expect to end a streak.

OceanSpray
03-15-2013, 02:57 PM
You mean 3rd meeting.....MIA/CHI is split 1-1, with the road team winning each game.

Since Miami has two more games against the Bulls, he is saying that they will lose the first upcoming game.

Big Zo
03-15-2013, 03:00 PM

There's the one he caught from your mom, and maybe one or two more.

YoungOne
03-15-2013, 03:00 PM
We'll stop them :)

SteBO
03-15-2013, 03:05 PM
Since Miami has two more games against the Bulls, he is saying that they will lose the first upcoming game.
Ah I see. Makes sense.

We'll stop them :)
I think so, too.

Sactown
03-15-2013, 03:09 PM
I think they win till San Antonio making it 29 games

akagiredsuns
03-15-2013, 03:11 PM
It has been over 40 years since the Lakers set an NBA win-streak record getting 33 wins in a row. Since that time only two teams have won 20 games in a row, the Rockets in 07/08 (they won 22 in a row), and the Heat who now sit a 20 consecutive wins. So the question is: Will the Heat beat the record?

Also, is such a win steak indicative of success in the playoffs? Houston had the second longest win streak ever but failed to get home court and lost in the first round, while the Lakers had the longest win streak and went onto win the NBA champion and post what would be the best regular season record EVER until the Bulls came along and won 72 games.

Here is their schedule for the rest of the season:
@Milwaukee Bucks
@Toronto Raptors - This would tie the Rockets
@Boston Celtics - This would beat the Rocktes
@Cleveland Cavaliers
Detroit Pistons
Charlotte Bobcats
@Orlando Magic
@Chicago Bulls
@New Orleans Hornets
@San Antonio Spurs
New York Knicks
@Charlotte Bobcats
Philadelphia 76ers
Boston Celtics
Chicago Bulls
@Cleveland Cavaliers
Orlando Magic

The Heat could conceivably win every game from here on out. The only team that has a better record than them is SAS, and they are down Tony Parker right now. They play SAS on the road, but they should be able to win that game. When I made the thread I voted no, but looking at their record, if they beat the Spurs, they can carry this win streak into next season.

I bolded the teams that could potentially beat them, which is really only four games, two against the Bulls, one against the Spurs and one against NY, which they should be able to win given NY is missing Amare while Chandler and Melo both have knee injuries right now.

You obviously have not been following the winning streak. Orlando, Cleveland and Sacramento all came very close to beating them and they are scrubs. They are more likely to have the winning streak stopped by a bad team than a good team. They went into double overtime against the Kings and Lebron had to hit a game winning layup to beat the magic by 1. Anyone on that list can beat them any given night.

killersweet
03-15-2013, 03:22 PM
With how very weak the East is at the moment and looking at the schedule, it's very possible but i'll say no I think the Raptors, Celtics or Hornets will stop it. It's always a team you don't expect to end a streak.

This. Was gonna say, NBA is where 'Amazing' happens. Some sub 500 team may beat them. Could be the unpredictable raptors who have played them hard lately.

Leftcoast_yg
03-15-2013, 03:23 PM
^This. Any team could potentially beat them.
And no I don't think they will everyone is going to play them hard. I call their next game a loss.

JasonJohnHorn
03-15-2013, 04:02 PM
You obviously have not been following the winning streak. Orlando, Cleveland and Sacramento all came very close to beating them and they are scrubs. They are more likely to have the winning streak stopped by a bad team than a good team. They went into double overtime against the Kings and Lebron had to hit a game winning layup to beat the magic by 1. Anyone on that list can beat them any given night.

Of course any team could beat them. Any team in the NBA could conceivably beat any other team in the NBA. What I am saying is that other than the Knicks the Spurs and Bulls, every other team the Heat are playing from here on out have a clearly inferior roster and a clearly inferior record. Those are all games that the Heat SHOULD win, not that they WILL win. I'm simply noting that if the Heat can manage to win those four key games (two against the Bulls and one against the Knicks and Spurs respectively), then the only thing stopping them from going undefeated for the rest of the season is themselves.

LAKobeBryant
03-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Yes they can but they won't because a smart coach will rest their guys for playoff basketball soon.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-15-2013, 04:27 PM
Yes they can but they won't because a smart coach will rest their guys for playoff basketball soon.

I think Miami will try to get home court advantage. So they probably won't rest them until the last week or so (about 4 games).

stawka
03-15-2013, 08:00 PM
I don't think so. They're not even 66% of the way to reaching that feat. Some of you guys make it out as if they're 3 games away from it. There's still A LOT of games remaining to hit that Lakers mark. I think they'll beat the Rockets one, but not the Lakers. If they get to 28 straight, reopen this thread

ThaDubs
03-15-2013, 09:27 PM
Who knows what happens?

Collings94
03-15-2013, 11:02 PM
Unpopular Opinion Alert: Why would they even want to break the record? The best teams know how to pace themselves during the meaningless regular season. Since the Heat have more or less locked up the #1 seed, why not just rest some of your players down the stretch?

Teeboy1487
03-15-2013, 11:23 PM
I don't think so. They're not even 66% of the way to reaching that feat. Some of you guys make it out as if they're 3 games away from it. There's still A LOT of games remaining to hit that Lakers mark. I think they'll beat the Rockets one, but not the Lakers. If they get to 28 straight, reopen this thread
I don't know. The Heat have already beaten every team in the league and the nba has yet to catch them. I think the Lakers record is definitely threatened right now.

D12 fan
03-15-2013, 11:28 PM
Nah they will get every teams best shot, considering everybody wants to be the team that ends the Heat win streak. I think they will win a couple more games but they will lose eventually.

Dmiami
03-15-2013, 11:54 PM
Loving how my team is playing and how haters react

NBA-GMaster
03-16-2013, 01:52 AM
Its either Spurs or Knicks will end their streaks.. But if the HEAT beats these 2 teams, say Hello to the new streak in History!!

OceanSpray
03-16-2013, 02:00 AM
Let's break it down to the teams who can realistically beat the Miami Heat. Of course any team can have a great game but the obvious ones are Spurs, Chicago, Boston, and NYK.

1) Spurs without Parker. Going to be tough but it depends on their bench.
2) Chicago if Noah/Boozer/Deng can get it on.
3) Boston usually gives Miami trouble but they are usually very hot or cold.
4) NYK are very hot or cold. Amare is out.. They are starting to show how bad of a team they are.

All in all, they are all winnable games for Miami if James and Wade can play at least 75% of how they were playing during the streak.

h2r09
03-16-2013, 02:19 AM
going into this streak i would say they would lose to a bad team because sometimes they dont bring it every night and rely on talent to beat bad teams but they have been ridiculously good and motivated and ready to play from start to finish so who knows.

If they get through Boston on monday i will look at it a lot closer but that game seems like a trap to me.

KnicksorBust
03-16-2013, 09:53 AM
Don't think so. It's possible but I don't think so. I think beating the Rockets streak is more realistic at this point. Though their schedule isn't too bad, I would think it ends either tonight or @ Boston.

Riveting.

This made me :laugh:. He got you KD. :)

Its either Spurs or Knicks will end their streaks.. But if the HEAT beats these 2 teams, say Hello to the new streak in History!!

You are drastically underrating the Celtics.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say they beat the streak. They're a hyper motivated team with all the confidence and the best player in the world at his peak. And damn they having a good time while doing it too.

kdspurman
03-16-2013, 10:55 AM
Let's break it down to the teams who can realistically beat the Miami Heat. Of course any team can have a great game but the obvious ones are Spurs, Chicago, Boston, and NYK.

1) Spurs without Parker. Going to be tough but it depends on their bench.
2) Chicago if Noah/Boozer/Deng can get it on.
3) Boston usually gives Miami trouble but they are usually very hot or cold.
4) NYK are very hot or cold. Amare is out.. They are starting to show how bad of a team they are.

All in all, they are all winnable games for Miami if James and Wade can play at least 75% of how they were playing during the streak.

Parker will be playing in that game fwiw

This made me :laugh:. He got you KD. :)

Yea I realize how it sounds. :D

heyman321
03-16-2013, 12:43 PM
No they wont' even make it past the Raptors tomorrow. Valanciunas has 40 in a blowout.

OceanSpray
03-16-2013, 12:47 PM
Parker will be playing in that game fwiw

Yea I realize how it sounds. :D

Damn, that soon? I thought he was going to be out until the playoffs.

kdspurman
03-16-2013, 01:02 PM
Damn, that soon? I thought he was going to be out until the playoffs.

Original diagnosis was 4 weeks, but he's already been on the treadmill and practicing. Looking like only 3 weeks now or so, which would mean he could probably conceivably play against the Jazz Friday. He'll have to get Pop clearance which will probably be harder to get than Dr clearance.

But all signs point to him being there for the Miami game.

Ethan J. Skolnick: Appears that Tony Parker will be back well in advance of Heat showdown on March 31. Twitter @EthanJSkolnick

beasted86
03-16-2013, 01:35 PM
^This. Any team could potentially beat them.
And no I don't think they will everyone is going to play them hard. I call their next game a loss.

You called it wrong.

Jimmer55
03-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Considering that 3 stars (2 SUPERstars) cowardly formed a super team in their primes, then yes, it is obviously possible. Then, take into account that the PACERS are the 2nd best team in their conference. (Laughable)

phantasyyy
03-16-2013, 03:10 PM
winning streak ends tomorrow @ Tdot what what

Jayrich28
03-17-2013, 03:44 PM
I made a thread over a year ago about the expectations of the heat. I had said that I thought the heat didnt take the regular season serious and for them to be linked with the bulls, lakers, and celtics teams who dominanted from the season opener til the end of the season. They needed to make a statement like jordans bulls that when you stepped on the court you had no chance.

Now that the heat have turned it up and have gone on this long streak can they challenge for 70 wins next season? And for all of those who made excuses about the regular season not mattering etc. especially heat fans has your tune change?

They are playing more closely to that of a team that had those lofty expectations and its good to see?

Hawkeye15
03-17-2013, 03:49 PM
70 wins? Nah. But they are as impressive of a team as I have seen in a long time.

OceanSpray
03-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Probably not going to be a 70 win team. As good as this streak is, Miami only cares about the playoffs at this point. Getting to it is a breeze.

The Flash
03-17-2013, 03:52 PM
70 wins? Nah. But they are as impressive of a team as I have seen in a long time.

Yeah but Kobe got 5 rings

Jayrich28
03-17-2013, 03:59 PM
There starting to have that swagger of a dynasty a team who wants to be historically good and not just a one hit wonder.

Jayrich28
03-17-2013, 04:44 PM
I think they do now. They understand the history of the game alot more than when first assembled.

HouRealCoach
03-17-2013, 04:47 PM
This is a Dynasty that will have many great moments... Glad I get to witness it

D12 fan
03-17-2013, 04:52 PM
This is a Dynasty that will have many great moments... Glad I get to witness itI wouldn't call them a Dynasty till they win another ring, but Wade is getting older maybe Lebron has Cleveland on the brain you never know.

lakers4sho
03-17-2013, 04:54 PM
no

HouRealCoach
03-17-2013, 04:55 PM
I wouldn't call them a Dynasty till they win another ring, but Wade is getting older maybe Lebron has Cleveland on the brain you never know.

Everyone has their own opinion... I'm sure they will win another ring, I'm sure he'll stay where he's at because Pat Riley knows how to build a winning team

Tayzak15
03-17-2013, 04:57 PM
No, they're just peaking early. We were saying the same thing about the Spurs last season after ending the reg season on a long streak then sweeping the first 2 rounds of the playoffs then winning the first 2 games of the western finals after that losing 4 straight. The heat will cool off and another team will heat up in the playoffs that will go on a run and win it. Watch out for the Nuggets this postseason.

More-Than-Most
03-17-2013, 04:59 PM
My tune has always been the same....Lebron is the best player in the NBA and by a wide wide wide margin.... Lebron will go down as the best ever and the heat are the best team in the NBA. Its that simple

SugeKnight
03-17-2013, 05:03 PM
No, they're just peaking early. We were saying the same thing about the Spurs last season after ending the reg season on a long streak then sweeping the first 2 rounds of the playoffs then winning the first 2 games of the western finals after that losing 4 straight. The heat will cool off and another team will heat up in the playoffs that will go on a run and win it. Watch out for the Nuggets this postseason.
Fail

LAKobeBryant
03-17-2013, 05:10 PM
another thread bout heat streak

D12 fan
03-17-2013, 05:14 PM
another thread bout heat streakGotta love em.

Tayzak15
03-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Fail

How is that a fail? I know nuggets are hot right now but they are a fast, very athletic team that won't be as tired from the season as other teams will be. Good luck beating them at home too by the way.

Tayzak15
03-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Fail

How is that a fail? I know nuggets are hot right now but they are a fast, very athletic team that won't be as tired from the season as other teams will be. Good luck beating them at home too by the way.

Tayzak15
03-17-2013, 05:17 PM

Hardaway Here
03-17-2013, 06:32 PM

You said the Heat are peaking early where is the proof of that. It's just your opinion that they are peaking early and comparing them to the Spurs team is just stupid cuz they aren't alike at all. That's why he called it fail as for the nuggets. If you want to talk about peaking bring them up. Heat went to the Finals last 2 years can't say the same for the nuggets

OceanSpray
03-17-2013, 06:35 PM
The Nuggets are a dangerous team but to say Miami won't beat them in a 7 game series is just silly.

Guppyfighter
03-17-2013, 06:44 PM
Them blowing out the Pacers bodes well come playoff time.

justinnum1
03-17-2013, 06:55 PM
I wouldn't call them a Dynasty till they win another ring, but Wade is getting older maybe Lebron has Cleveland on the brain you never know.

:laugh:

Jimmer55
03-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Not impressive, IMO. Stacking all the odds in your favor and then expecting to be praised for it is just plain stupid. They better damn well win multiple titles.

beasted86
03-17-2013, 06:59 PM
My tune hasn't changed as a HEAT fan. The regular season doesn't matter. As long as the team finishes with a top 2 seed in the conference and are 100% healthy, I could care less.

The only thing I really like about this streak is the puppets on sports radio and TV can finally STFU about the Cavs winning 66 games and why can't the HEAT win that much, and the HEAT can't match what Cleveland did with LeBron, and blah blah blah blah... Now it's basically one up on them and something that will forever be in the record books so they can finally shut the hell up.

Jimmer55
03-17-2013, 06:59 PM
My tune has always been the same....Lebron is the best player in the NBA and by a wide wide wide margin.... Lebron will go down as the best ever and the heat are the best team in the NBA. Its that simple

Lebron ruined his chance at GOAT status and any person with a high basketball IQ knows that. You're delusional if you think a player can be the GOAT after forming a super team, winning a bronze medal, going 1-2 in his first 3 finals, and turning in two of the biggest disastrous finals in the history of professional basketball.

Big Zo
03-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Not impressive, IMO. Stacking all the odds in your favor and then expecting to be praised for it is just plain stupid. They better damn well win multiple titles.

When was the last time you left your house?

Jimmer55
03-17-2013, 07:04 PM
When was the last time you left your house?

I went to lowes and wal-mart today and got some plants for the balcony and some bird seed. Why? You must be here a lot if you think i'm here a lot. How else would you know i'm here?

D12 fan
03-17-2013, 07:07 PM
I went to lowes and wal-mart today and got some plants for the balcony and some bird seed. Why? You must be here a lot if you think i'm here a lot. How else would you know i'm here?lol:hi5:

HiphopRelated
03-17-2013, 07:22 PM
The streak is self fulfilling. It's about focus, they didn't plan to chase the streak,but now are at the point where it gives something to play for EVERY night. To chase 70, they have to come into the season with that as a goal so every night has the focus, other wise it's back to sleep walk then turn it up 2nd half of the season.

More-Than-Most
03-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Lebron ruined his chance at GOAT status and any person with a high basketball IQ knows that. You're delusional if you think a player can be the GOAT after forming a super team, winning a bronze medal, going 1-2 in his first 3 finals, and turning in two of the biggest disastrous finals in the history of professional basketball.

No 1 player wins anything....Just silly Logic....Before you question someones IQ please find a mirror and stare at it for hours.

Lebron was on a cavs team that was pretty bad....In fact don't speak of superteams because both Bryants and Jordans teams might be some of the best teams ever. Even with his current super team this heat team does not have anywhere close to the all around greatness that some of Kobe/Jordans teams had. Lebron did the smart career thing.

Big Zo
03-17-2013, 07:28 PM

I went to lowes and wal-mart today and got some plants for the balcony and some bird seed. Why? You must be here a lot if you think i'm here a lot. How else would you know i'm here?

Just a hunch. : /

Hawkeye15
03-17-2013, 08:37 PM

for sure. A "dynasty" needs to dominate for a period of time, not just a year and a half. I agree with you.

day_gun
03-17-2013, 09:17 PM
I don't post often but I read almost every thread and I have to disregard anything d12 or Jimmer says

3RDASYSTEM
03-17-2013, 09:56 PM

Then how come LA was a dynasty when they 3peated but weren't a 'dynasty' in the making when they acquired SHAQ/BEAN in summer of 96'? I mean damn it couldn't get no younger than a core of JONES/VANEXEL along with a young and primed SHAQ/BEAN, BEAN was 18 and SHAQ was like 24 or something like that

they won 56 games before SHAQ/BEAN even touched down in LA, they should have won 70 games with those 2 added in offseason at least 1 or 2x during that span, I think they won like 67 games as a high together, only 3 games off, or maybe 65 wins, I cant recall accurately

that has to be one of the biggest failures of alltime, 8yrs of psd top 5 ever and only 3rings, while BRON/WADE may have get 2 rings in 3yrs, can you imagine had it taken BRON/WADE 4yrs to make first FINALS trip together? talk about a failure

BRON/WADE are about to be 3 for 3 in FINALS app., and you're calling WADE 'old', damn BRON is so damn individually good its pathetic, almost borderline travesty hes so individually good

kdspurman
03-17-2013, 10:22 PM
I think I heard today the Celtics ended the Rockets 22 game winning streak a few years ago. Let's see if they do it again

Hardaway Here
03-17-2013, 10:28 PM
I don't post often but I read almost every thread and I have to disregard anything d12 or Jimmer says

Yeah you pretty much know what to expect when they post something. Jimmer any and everything related to loving Kobe and disliking or hating anyone who threatens his god. With D12 anything good about the team/player he is currently a fan of.

TylerSL
03-17-2013, 10:58 PM
were going for it

TylerSL
03-17-2013, 10:58 PM
Considering that 3 stars (2 SUPERstars) cowardly formed a super team in their primes, then yes, it is obviously possible. Then, take into account that the PACERS are the 2nd best team in their conference. (Laughable)

k

bholly
03-18-2013, 05:42 AM
@Charlotte Bobcats
Philadelphia 76ers
Boston Celtics

Check again. I think they'd tie 33 vs the Sixers and go to 34 vs the Bucks - both at home.

Lord Leoshes
03-18-2013, 05:02 PM

Say they are peaking early. Then what happened on NOV 3rd 2012, & NOV 15th 2012 at Denver when the heat were still finding themselves?

This is just the 4th gear in a 5 gear team.

Lord Leoshes
03-18-2013, 05:10 PM

THU NOV 15 2013 at Denver MIA 93 - DEN 89.

That's probably why they gave you the (FAIL).

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Correct.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-18-2013, 05:26 PM
Great post.

Delrayhc
03-18-2013, 06:06 PM

Have you worn out your Kobe blow up doll yet ?

kingsdelez24
03-18-2013, 08:13 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/9067233/tracy-mcgrady-says-houston-rockets-22-game-streak-lot-harder-achieve-miami-heats

Tracy McGrady, who played on the previous NBA team to win 22 straight games, says the streak his 2007-2008 Houston Rockets went on was more impressive than the Miami Heat's 22-game streak.

"I'm enjoying watching because of the unknown," McGrady, by text, said of the Heat's run. "But the way we did it was a lot harder. Having Yao [Ming] go out [due to injury] around the 12th game and Dikembe [Mutombo] filling his role was huge for our team. And we didn't have three guys making $100 million." During their season, All-Stars McGrady and Yao led a good-but-not-great Houston club to 12 straight victories. But Yao broke his left foot in the 12th game, leaving 41-year-old Mutombo to step into the starting lineup at center. The Rockets continued to roll, though, winning 10 more times before losing to Boston on March 18, 2008, without the level of talent of "three guys making $100 million" -- referring to Miami's LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

The Rockets eventually lost to Utah in the first round of the playoffs.

McGrady, who played in the Chinese Basketball Association this past winter, is not the only person with NBA ties watching the Heat's charge with great interest. Miami's chase of one of the great records in all of sports -- the 1971-72 Lakers' 33-game winning streak -- has been a topic of discussion throughout the league.

In an informal poll of league executives, coaches and scouts who were asked if they believed the Heat would break the Lakers' record, of the 44 responses, 32 said "no" and only 12 said "yes."

Those who do not believe Miami will surpass 33 straight wins mentioned obstacles such as coach Erik Spoelstra potentially deciding to rest his players for the postseason, and the media frenzy that is expected to envelop the Heat (an NBA-best 51-14) as they approach the record.

"I doubt they reach 33," one coach said. "At some point, Spoelstra will rest his crew. They're 11 games ahead in the East."

Spoelstra has implied recently, however, that he will wait until the last week of the season to rest his top players. If the Heat break the record April 9 by beating Milwaukee for their 34th consecutive win, they would have five games and eight more days remaining in the regular season. That would give the Heat plenty of time to both break the record and rest for the playoffs.

D12 fan
03-18-2013, 08:17 PM
He's actually right, Houston run was more impressive because it was basicall Tmac+Scrubs. Miami has 3 allstars they should be able to make a run like this especially with Lebron James on your team.

Jimmer55
03-18-2013, 08:20 PM
Houston was waaaaaaaaaaaaay more impressive.

ATX
03-18-2013, 08:20 PM
Winning 22 straight is impressive no matter what. Tied for 2nd longest all time, 22 and counting. Streaks like this don't happen all the time. This isn't really thread worthy either. Do we need a thread for everyone's opinions on the streak? Don't think so...

Htownballa1622
03-18-2013, 08:25 PM
I went to games in the Rockets streak but WHO CARES if which is more impressive?

GETTING 22 STRAIGHT IS IMPRESSIVE no matter who!

Jimmer55
03-18-2013, 08:27 PM
I went to games in the Rockets streak but WHO CARES if which is more impressive?

GETTING 22 STRAIGHT IS IMPRESSIVE no matter who!

How is winning 22 straight with the most cowadly stacked team of all time impressive?

Htownballa1622
03-18-2013, 08:33 PM
How is winning 22 straight with the most cowadly stacked team of all time impressive?

DUDE. I know you have this anti lebron agenda but whether you believe its a cowardly way or not-It's still 22.

I don't see Kobe's lakers ANY year winning 22 in a row.

AND

I guess Kobe was a coward when he wanted out in the mid 2000s?

Stop hating and just appreciate amazing basketball.

ManRam
03-18-2013, 08:34 PM
He's impressed, he just thinks his was more impressive.

And it was.

And I also don't get why we care about every single person's opinion about this.

Maybe if there was more than 2 active NBA mods this **** could just all be condensed to one avoidable thread!

D12 fan
03-18-2013, 08:35 PM
I mean don't get me wrong 22 straight win is good, but is it really that big of a deal considering Miami has 3 allstars and a pretty good supporting cast?

Tracy Mcgrady led a team full of scrubs to 22 straight wins, to me that is way more impressive IMO.

Agree or Disagree, please explain?

D-Leethal
03-18-2013, 08:35 PM
Saying Houston is more impressive doesn't have to take away from the Heats run. Its true though. 50 win teams didn't even make the playoffs in that stacked West era. The 2 seed in the East this season might not even crack 50 wins and if so, barely. Let alone the roster and injuries that Houston team went on a run with. Pretty sure it took the future champ Celtics and their superteam to knock that run off too.

xxplayerxx23
03-18-2013, 08:45 PM
22 wins in a row against any compettion in the nba is very impressive.

bal_ravens
03-18-2013, 08:55 PM
If they won games against more teams such as the Thunder, Spurs and so on, then I think more people would be impressed. I dislike the Heat, but it is still impressive to win that many games in a row.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-18-2013, 08:58 PM
Houston was waaaaaaaaaaaaay more impressive.

Yup.

Slug3
03-18-2013, 08:59 PM

Can you let me know when Kobe and Shaq won 22 Straight?

Supreme LA
03-18-2013, 09:07 PM

Kobe and Shaq going 16-1 in the playoffs on route to a title is more impressive I think. Should have been 16-0 had they not had such a long layoff between the WCF and the Finals.

RLundi
03-18-2013, 09:23 PM
He's actually right, Houston run was more impressive because it was basicall Tmac+Scrubs. Miami has 3 allstars they should be able to make a run like this especially with Lebron James on your team.

So then Kobe and Shaq should've won 25 in a row too right? And Jordan and Pippen? Lol people are such abject haters, always looking to discredit someone else any way they can. Why can't you just enjoy the history?

Unreal.

Supreme LA
03-18-2013, 09:25 PM
So then Kobe and Shaq should've won 25 in a row too right? And Jordan and Pippen? Lol people are such abject haters, always looking to discredit someone else any way they can. Why can't you just enjoy the history?

Unreal.

Because we're answering the question as honestly as we can? Had the guy not asked what our personal opinion was then we would have happily just enjoyed it for what it was right?

The level of stupidity is unreal here.

JLynn943
03-18-2013, 09:25 PM
I mean don't get me wrong 22 straight win is good, but is it really that big of a deal considering Miami has 3 allstars and a pretty good supporting cast?

Tracy Mcgrady led a team full of scrubs to 22 straight wins, to me that is way more impressive IMO.

Agree or Disagree, please explain?

It definitely is. There have been a lot of stacked teams yet the Heat are only the third to do it. The Lakers had two all-time greats playing together and never managed to do it.

JLynn943
03-18-2013, 09:27 PM

Unreal.

It's sad really.

NFLNBA
03-18-2013, 09:28 PM

No but they can each show you atleast 5 rings lol 22 Wins is impressive no matter what but yes the Rockets streak was more impressive due to their roster being so sub par and Ming was out remember that. Just like neither of these streaks are as impressive as 33 straight wins the LAkers pulled off but all still in their right impressive

Supreme LA
03-18-2013, 09:29 PM
It definitely is. There have been a lot of stacked teams yet the Heat are only the third to do it. The Lakers had two all-time greats playing together and never managed to do it.

Actually it's really not that impressive considering their competition. The league is so watered down today with really only 5 or 6 teams that really can compete in the entire NBA. The rest of the teams today are flat out bad especially in the East.

JLynn943
03-18-2013, 09:36 PM
Actually it's really not that impressive considering their competition. The league is so watered down today with really only 5 or 6 teams that really can compete in the entire NBA. The rest of the teams today are flat out bad especially in the East.

These are still all NBA players. Any team or player (well, many players) is capable of going off on any night. To weather that (see 2OT game vs Kings for example) and prevent others from doing it is impressive whether LeBron-haters like it or not.

NFLNBA
03-18-2013, 09:37 PM

That is actually a valid point. Look at the Heats schedule and the level of competition now days. The East is just AWFUL. Would be nice to see the Heat play in the West and play back2bak games against good competition more often. The 9th,10th,11th,12th best teams in west would HANDLE the 6-8 in the East. There is a reason why the West has won 9 of last 13 All-star games, There is a reason why the West has won 9 of 13 last championships as well.

NFLNBA
03-18-2013, 09:39 PM
The answer is NO its not AS impressive but its STILL very impressive - PERIOD /End Thread

LAKobeBryant
03-18-2013, 10:12 PM
Another heat streak thread

lakerboy
03-18-2013, 10:21 PM
Man I hate the Heat with all my guts, but this win streak is extremely impressive. Can't take that away from them man!

Jimmer55
03-18-2013, 10:54 PM
01. Toronto: Sub .400 team
02. Charlotte: Sub .400 team
03. Houston
04. LA Clippers: Paul, Griffin and Billups coming off injuries
06. LA Lakers: No Gasol
06. Portland: Sub. 500 team
07. Oklahoma City
08. Atlanta
09. Chicago: No Rose
10. Philadelphia: Sub .400 team
11. Cleveland: Sub .400 team
12. Sacramento: Sub .400 team
13. Memphis
14. New York
15. Minnesota: Sub .400 team
16. Orlando: Sub .400 team
17. Philadelphia: Sub .400 team
18. Indiana: No Granger
19. Atlanta
20. Philadelphia: Sub .400 team
21. Milwaukee: Sub .400 team
22. Toronto: Sub .400 team
23. Boston: No Rondo and Garnett*

faridk89
03-18-2013, 10:54 PM
first time i've ever cheered for miami.... because I took them +300 :p

NFLNBA
03-18-2013, 11:03 PM
Great game tonight.......Ganrett would have been HUGE for the celtics tonight. Man the Heat are just gonna coast to the Finals! Not only is the East a joke but the best teams in the East behind the Heat are without big time players. No Rose, No Granger, No Rondo and Garnett, Melo and Chandler ect ect Could they have it any easier though seriously!?

Slug3
03-18-2013, 11:03 PM
03. Houston
07. Oklahoma City
08. Atlanta
13. Memphis
14. New York
19. Atlanta

Man you are posting this everywhere tonight. You must be really proud of Miami.

ztilzer31
03-18-2013, 11:06 PM
It's like he's telling it to himself. To convince himself that LBJ isn't better than Kobe.

ztilzer31
03-18-2013, 11:07 PM
It's gonna suck when the Sonics come back and I'm forced to watch them play like crap for a few years (whenever it happens) and I have to stop watching LBJ be amazing.

kingkenny01
03-18-2013, 11:18 PM
03. Houston
07. Oklahoma City
08. Atlanta
13. Memphis
14. New York
19. Atlanta

Milwaukee is not sub .400 they are over .500 and in the playoffs

TylerSL
03-18-2013, 11:57 PM
Milwaukee is not sub .400 they are over .500 and in the playoffs

If Boston had 23 straight wins and ****ing played Sacramento every time he would be jumping for joy saying how impressive 23 straight is because its the NBA.

JordansBulls
03-18-2013, 11:57 PM
Bulls or Spurs the only ones I can see stopping it.

koreancabbage
03-19-2013, 12:03 AM
03. Houston
07. Oklahoma City
08. Atlanta
13. Memphis
14. New York
19. Atlanta

congrats. i'm glad you are keeping score at home. you must love them to point out every single game they won during this streak.

OceanSpray
03-19-2013, 12:06 AM
03. Houston
07. Oklahoma City
08. Atlanta
13. Memphis
14. New York
19. Atlanta

Are you 100% positive this is the reason why they lost? Hater. If these teams were as easy to beat than your Lakers team wouldn't be this bad, right?

SteBO
03-19-2013, 12:08 AM
Wouldn't be shocked if Orlando snapped the streak honestly.....People overlook them, but Vucevic has been a Heat killer this year and they have some guys that can light it up on a good day. We actually should've lost the last game we played against them. @Chicago is always difficult as well.....

Krizzle88
03-19-2013, 12:11 AM
Wont matter when playoffs start

OceanSpray
03-19-2013, 12:12 AM
Wouldn't be shocked if Orlando snapped the streak honestly.....People overlook them, but Vucevic has been a Heat killer this year and they have some guys that can light it up on a good day. We actually should've lost the last game we played against them. @Chicago is always difficult as well.....

That's very true but another 20 rebound performance? I see Noah/SAS stopping it and then Orlando. The NYK are an average team without Melo/Amare.

OceanSpray
03-19-2013, 12:13 AM

34 straight is a huge achievement.

SteBO
03-19-2013, 10:33 AM
Yeah, pretty sure Miam's well aware. Spo will start resting guys come the last couple weeks in April.

That's very true but another 20 rebound performance? I see Noah/SAS stopping it and then Orlando. The NYK are an average team without Melo/Amare.
Haha, I had the same thought process last time they played, and he managed to get 20/20 again. We'll see, but I wouldn't be shocked at this point. Orlando has played us tough this year. Miami's next 4 games are against the 4 worst teams in the East....typical "trap" games.

3RDASYSTEM
03-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Well its now possible since they have the 2nd longest ever

just depends on health and made or missed shots

its that basic and simple really,because SPO/RILEY will have the D scheme in tact

Vegas also has something to do with it, like it or not $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$rules,sports included

SportsAndrew25
03-20-2013, 09:43 AM
I personally hope they do. This is an incredible run to watch. Now that Lebron has the monkey of not winning a title off of his back, you are seeing a Lebron now that is playing higher-than-world class basketball.