PDA

View Full Version : Do the Knicks make it past the first round this year?

Randy Moss84
03-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Will the knicks make it past the first round this year for the first time in 14 years? will carmelo anthony get past the first round for just the second time in his career?(its truly a wonder how anyone considers this guy a superstar with a track record like that) will the knicks win more than one playoff game in a series this time? (having amassed a total of 1 playoff win in the past 14 years)

so many questions to be answered, but my answer to all of them is :NO

i just dont think they can do it, people will make up excuses for them like they do every year, but i just cant justify them losing in the first round again, for it will be the third year in a row that they have.

i feel that they just dont have enough, their front line is questionable, they dont have a reliable second option, dont have enough rebounding imo. only have 2 players on their roster that can create their own shot (melo and smith) and both are inefficient at it

i mean this team just isnt built to do it. sure they were in second place in the east for a while, thats cute, who else in the east is a legitimate team outside of the heat and the pacers?

if the bulls had a healthy rose, no one would even be tlaking about the knicks this year because they probably would be around the 4th seed

right now, the way it looks, the knicks are likely to face either boston or chicago in the first round

can they beat either team? id argue they could beat the bulls, after all, when it comes to the playoffs, they surely arent up to task without rose, i mean look at last year:

the bulls had rose for just 26 games right? out of a 66 game season. so he missed 40 games last year. the bulls still managed to make the #1 seed. then got beat by an 8th seeded team

and is rose comming back? he shouldnt, i wouldnt waste time coming back early and risking gettign injured just to play with a team whose peak is geting to the ecf and getting smashed by miami

so could the knicks beat chicago? id say theres a good chance, but id probably gie the bulls the benefit of the doubt this year and say they beat the knicks in 6 or 7. but hey, atleast in that scenario, the knicks would win more than one game in a series for the first time in 14 years, so thats positive

could they beat boston? idk,i would think that the series would go 6 or 7 games, and maybe the knicks do beat them, but then again, who knows, they got swept by boston 2 seasons ago, without amare.

and who are they missing again this year? amare

so idk, can this team get past the first round? should we make excuses for them and say injuries would be the reason? or maybe the team just isnt built to do it?

NewEraFt.ET12
03-15-2013, 11:00 AM
They can't beat the Celtics/Nets. Probably not the Bulls either.. Hawks would be a pretty even matchup.

HouRealCoach
03-15-2013, 11:11 AM
I highly doubt it

NYCkid12
03-15-2013, 11:22 AM
I'd say it really depends on the match up and if Mello is completely healthy....

I have been saying I think the worst match up for them is Boston..a team who has really come together after Rondo's injury and is a tough defensive team, with that championship pedigree..I don't know who wins this series..I say it would go 6 or 7 either way

If they matchup with Brooklyn I think they will probably move on to the next round..a team that doesn't have playoff experience together

I think the one thing they have going for them is that they have home court advantage so that obviously helps

But the fact we are even having this discussion shows how far they have dropped from the beginning of the year...they haven't played consistant good defense since that first month and a half and injuries are starting to take its toll, which should have been expected considering there age

I'm going to say it's very much 50-50 and I am leaning torwards no but the home court keeps me from saying definitely not

oak2455
03-15-2013, 11:24 AM
They can't beat the Celtics/Nets. Probably not the Bulls either.. Hawks would be a pretty even matchup.

can't beat the Nets huh?!?!

NYCkid12
03-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Will the knicks make it past the first round this year for the first time in 14 years? will carmelo anthony get past the first round for just the second time in his career?(its truly a wonder how anyone considers this guy a superstar with a track record like that) will the knicks win more than one playoff game in a series this time? (having amassed a total of 1 playoff win in the past 14 years)

so many questions to be answered, but my answer to all of them is :NO

i just dont think they can do it, people will make up excuses for them like they do every year, but i just cant justify them losing in the first round again, for it will be the third year in a row that they have.

i feel that they just dont have enough, their front line is questionable, they dont have a reliable second option, dont have enough rebounding imo. only have 2 players on their roster that can create their own shot (melo and smith) and both are inefficient at it

i mean this team just isnt built to do it. sure they were in second place in the east for a while, thats cute, who else in the east is a legitimate team outside of the heat and the pacers?

if the bulls had a healthy rose, no one would even be tlaking about the knicks this year because they probably would be around the 4th seed

right now, the way it looks, the knicks are likely to face either boston or chicago in the first round

can they beat either team? id argue they could beat the bulls, after all, when it comes to the playoffs, they surely arent up to task without rose, i mean look at last year:

the bulls had rose for just 26 games right? out of a 66 game season. so he missed 40 games last year. the bulls still managed to make the #1 seed. then got beat by an 8th seeded team

and is rose comming back? he shouldnt, i wouldnt waste time coming back early and risking gettign injured just to play with a team whose peak is geting to the ecf and getting smashed by miami

so could the knicks beat chicago? id say theres a good chance, but id probably gie the bulls the benefit of the doubt this year and say they beat the knicks in 6 or 7. but hey, atleast in that scenario, the knicks would win more than one game in a series for the first time in 14 years, so thats positive

could they beat boston? idk,i would think that the series would go 6 or 7 games, and maybe the knicks do beat them, but then again, who knows, they got swept by boston 2 seasons ago, without amare.

and who are they missing again this year? amare

so idk, can this team get past the first round? should we make excuses for them and say injuries would be the reason? or maybe the team just isnt built to do it?

This is the only part I will disagree with...I think that if this team was healthy that it would be more of a long shot that they would be bounced in the 1st round...I'm not saying they are championship contenders or even close to that level, I don't even know if they get out of the second round fully healthy...I just think they get past the 1st round

benzni
03-15-2013, 11:26 AM

I didn't think the Nets could even beat the Nets. So good on some nights but then they all of a sudden look terrible.

blahblahyoutoo
03-15-2013, 11:26 AM

they'll likely finish 3rd or 4th so hawks aren't going to be in the picture.
i can see bulls, nets and celts all giving them an early exit. heck, i could see them losing to the hawks too.

NYCkid12
03-15-2013, 11:27 AM
can't beat the Nets huh?!?!

I didn't get that either...I think they can beat the Nets

But I don't think they walk over them, I think it would be a tough 6 or 7 game series and could go either way

oak2455
03-15-2013, 11:28 AM
I didn't get that either...I think they can beat the Nets

But I don't think they walk over them, I think it would be a tough 6 or 7 game series and could go either way

100% they match up well

oak2455
03-15-2013, 11:29 AM
I didn't think the Nets could even beat the Nets. So good on some nights but then they all of a sudden look terrible.

7 game series game 7 goes to triple OT......:D

NYCkid12
03-15-2013, 11:30 AM
they'll likely finish 3rd or 4th so hawks aren't going to be in the picture.
i can see bulls, nets and celts all giving them an early exit. heck, i could see them losing to the hawks too.

I agree, I can also see the knicks beating all those teams

I think there are only 2 teams that are a lock for the 2nd round...Miami and Indiana, the other 2 will depend on matchups in the first round and health

whitemamba33
03-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Haven't cared about the Knicks since Ewing played for them. After that it's been all smoke and mirrors. Bad starts, terrible finishes. Good starts, terrible finishes. They make the Lakers look good because they prove that being in a big market doesn't necessarily mean that your team will be successsful. There's more to it than that, and the Knicks have never figured that out.

So to answer the original question: I don't give a $%$#

GiantsSwaGG
03-15-2013, 11:44 AM
We'll be out of the first round. I hope it happens to so we can fire Woodson and maybe consider trading Melo

OceanSpray
03-15-2013, 12:05 PM
NYK are too inconsistent. One game they can go red hot and make 20 threes. The next game they can't make a three and J.R Smith is 1/10.