PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless on the NBA Draft...

HouRealCoach
03-15-2013, 10:42 AM
He basically just said he isn't sure if there is an NBA starter, let alone an NBA All Star in this draft lol

You gotta love this guy... Thoughts?

ManRam
03-15-2013, 10:46 AM
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up, start ignoring Skip Bayless, realize what he truly is and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal...except for Skip Bayless.

:flag:

Deception
03-15-2013, 10:47 AM
People thought the same about the 11 Draft outside of Irving. However, Faried, Parsons, Leonard, Knight and Kemba are all starting for their teams and doing well.

JasonJohnHorn
03-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Bayless also thought that Austen Rivers should have been drafted #2 in last year's draft. He has no clue what he's talking about. That said, he's just regurgitating what others have said. People have been saying all year that this year's draft is weak and every GM in the league has been willing to part with their first-rounder in a trade it seems. So; Thanks for chiming in Skip.

GiantsSwaGG
03-15-2013, 11:42 AM
This is the same guy that said Eric Maynor should start over Westbrook

Manimal
03-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Lol, Skip called Tyson Chandler a small forward in the 2001(?) draft and raved about Diop as being the savior of the Bulls. Skip Bayless has no idea what he is talking about.

I love this draft. Reminds me of 2009 when everyone said it was gonna be a bust. Yeah how is that working out?

RipCity32
03-15-2013, 11:52 AM
I actually like the top ten.

RipCity32
03-15-2013, 11:55 AM
Where do you think guys like McLemore,Shabazz,Oladipo and Porter would be drafted in last years draft.I think McLemore would be a top 5 and Porter could be top 10.

ManRam
03-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Where do you think guys like McLemore,Shabazz,Oladipo and Porter would be drafted in last years draft.I think McLemore would be a top 5 and Porter could be top 10.

Not that I say I agree with their ratings -it's just a decent gauge - but nbadraft.net has McLemore rated at 99, which trails only Davis and is tied with Drummond from last year's draft.

Smart, Porter, Muhammed and Noel all rank very similarly to Beal, Barnes, MKG, Lillard and TRob.

Skip's certainly wrong. This isn't the strongest draft ever, but it has strengthened a lot from the start of the season. I think it compares very favorably to last years', it just lacks the elite big-man talent in the form of Davis and Drummond (who nbadraft.net appropriately had ranked as the 2nd best player).

COOLbeans
03-15-2013, 12:16 PM
People thought the same about the 11 Draft outside of Irving. However, Faried, Parsons, Leonard, Knight and Kemba are all starting for their teams and doing well.

Klay Thompson etc..

Greg31623
03-15-2013, 12:24 PM
skip bayless is an idiot. I think McLemore and Noel are stars, Noel even with his injury and Porter, Smart and Muhammed have a chance also. Zeller and Len IMO are gonna be solid centers in this league as well.

Stinkyoutsider
03-15-2013, 12:28 PM
I usually just ignore the guy because it's his job to say stuff like that and stir up controversy. He's doing a good job of it lol...

Seriously though, I think you can only make a statement about the development of the draft class this far and how much potential you see in every draftee. But potential is so hard to gauge, so draft experts and especially Skip will be wrong if this class performs well...

OceanSpray
03-15-2013, 12:30 PM
I mean technically Skip Bayless is right. You never know how good someone is until they get into the NBA. This past draft was pretty bad with the exception of Lillard and Drummond.

ManRam
03-15-2013, 12:42 PM
I mean technically Skip Bayless is right. You never know how good someone is until they get into the NBA. This past draft was pretty bad with the exception of Lillard and Drummond.

First off, it's been not even one full season yet.

Secondly, Davis and MKG have played well this season. Waiters and Beal have gotten significantly better as the season has gone on. Harkless, Henson, Nicholson, Sully and Jonas have all looked really solid in limited minutes. Barnes, Shved, Zeller and Singler are all getting huge minutes too.

I think it's either premature to say last year's draft was bad, or just flat out wrong.

Manimal
03-15-2013, 12:59 PM

The top 9 has been pretty good.

Davis
MKG
Beal
Waiters
Robinson
Lillard
Barnes
Ross
Drummond

With the exception of Robinson, I have liked all of them. And Robinson was in the cluster**** Kings. So I am gonna give him benefit of the doubt. All these guys have been pretty good.

Henson is stuck in Milwaukee where they have no idea what to do with him. Sully was pretty good before he went down with an injury.

Also most guys outside of the lottery went to teams with solid rotations in place, so it will take time to have an impact. I have liked what I have seen from Fournier and Wroten.

Harkless and Nicholson are doing well in Orlando.

Rivers is probably the only true bust so far.

Also forgot to mention Ezeli who's a good defender.

HouRealCoach
03-15-2013, 12:59 PM

WAY too early to tell... Beal, Waiters, Davis have all showed promise, MKG will take time because of his situation

But it is too early to tell dude

JOhnnyTHaJet
03-15-2013, 01:01 PM
I know this isn't basketball related but I remember skip talking up Brandon Weeden as a top 5 pick. When it comes to prospects, Bayless is the last person you want to listen to. He literally talks out of his ***. First Take is slowly becoming a comedy show.

SoFreshNsoClean
03-15-2013, 01:04 PM
A few other pretty credible sources have been saying this draft class in particular will be pretty weak. Not defending skip but hes not the only one who has pointed this out.

Dade County
03-15-2013, 01:06 PM
This is the same guy that said Eric Maynor should start over Westbrook

actually... he sees Wild Wild West as a SG.... so yes he did want Maynor to start at pg, but west would still be in the starting lineup as SG.

ManRam
03-15-2013, 01:16 PM
A few other pretty credible sources have been saying this draft class in particular will be pretty weak. Not defending skip but hes not the only one who has pointed this out.

I don't think that's controversial.

What is, if it's true, is his claim that there might not be an NBA starter in this draft.

OceanSpray
03-15-2013, 01:24 PM
WAY too early to tell... Beal, Waiters, Davis have all showed promise, MKG will take time because of his situation

But it is too early to tell dude

It is but those other drafts were all full of ready to take over stars. I don't see much in this draft. don't get me wrong, decent players but let's wait till they get into the NBA.

Corey
03-15-2013, 01:28 PM
I see a whole lot of players that translate into 10 year starters.

Sadds The Gr8
03-15-2013, 01:50 PM
http://gifsoup.com/view2/1467067/skip-bayless-o.gif

HouRealCoach
03-15-2013, 02:06 PM

Those same guys also said 2007 was going to be one of the greatest drafts ever...

They might have said it will be weak (which I disagree with) but none of them said that there isn't a single starter in the draft... Smart, Porter, McLemore, Muhammed are sure thing all stars & Noel, Burke, Mitchell, McCollum are right behind them

This will be sort of like 2009 but better than 2006 & 2007 for sure

RLundi
03-15-2013, 03:22 PM
If he were to say there may not be any stars, then okay, I could perhaps agree with him or at least understand his viewpoint. I think McLemore and maybe Smart can be stars, but as it stands, it doesn't look like anyone else will be. Stay tuned, I guess.

But no starters? That's just incorrect. This isn't the worst draft in NBA history- not by a long shot.

Jimmer55
03-15-2013, 03:24 PM
Skip Bayless is a living LEGEND.

tp13baby
03-15-2013, 03:36 PM
I may be the minority, but this class, especially in the top ten are seriously talented. I think Marcus Smart will be the best player from this draft.

Losoway
03-16-2013, 12:11 AM
i mean last year draft was very over hyped. hind sight damien really is the only one playing on star caliber level. anthony davis has been very average . but i dont think this draft is that bad but its pretty close to bad

rockbottom2010
03-16-2013, 12:13 AM
its takes at least 3-5 years to compare drafts.....

Faneik
03-16-2013, 09:55 AM
i mean last year draft was very over hyped. hind sight damien really is the only one playing on star caliber level. anthony davis has been very average . but i dont think this draft is that bad but its pretty close to bad

big men need more years to adapt to the pro game

13/8/2blks , with good efficiency, not bad for a 19 year old who had a couple of injuries

the potential is undeniable, i don't see tim duncan potential, but i see tyson chandler with better offense potential.

still think he deserved to be the #1 pick

ManRam
03-16-2013, 10:04 AM
I may be the minority, but this class, especially in the top ten are seriously talented. I think Marcus Smart will be the best player from this draft.

A lot of people are still going off of earlier rankings and prognostications. This class has strengthened tremendously as the season has gone on.

And whoever said Davis was "average": I'd argue he's having the best teen season a big man has ever had. 21.3 PER, .145 WS/48, 13-8-1 with a steal and 1.8 blocks a game. That's not "average". That's great for a rookie big man.

KnicksorBust
03-16-2013, 10:04 AM
big men need more years to adapt to the pro game

13/8/2blks , with good efficiency, not bad for a 19 year old who had a couple of injuries

the potential is undeniable, i don't see tim duncan potential, but i see tyson chandler with better offense potential.

still think he deserved to be the #1 pick

I've never seen a productive #1 pick get so ignored.

Deception
03-16-2013, 02:23 PM
A lot of people are still going off of earlier rankings and prognostications. This class has strengthened tremendously as the season has gone on.

And whoever said Davis was "average": I'd argue he's having the best teen season a big man has ever had. 21.3 PER, .145 WS/48, 13-8-1 with a steal and 1.8 blocks a game. That's not "average". That's great for a rookie big man.

Drummond's PER is 22.38, how much of an argument is it by putting his PER and saying it's the best when it's not.

Celticsfan2007
03-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Stop feeding the troll aka Skip Bayless!

Gators123
03-16-2013, 03:50 PM
First off, it's been not even one full season yet.

Secondly, Davis and MKG have played well this season. Waiters and Beal have gotten significantly better as the season has gone on. Harkless, Henson, Nicholson, Sully and Jonas have all looked really solid in limited minutes. Barnes, Shved, Zeller and Singler are all getting huge minutes too.

I think it's either premature to say last year's draft was bad, or just flat out wrong.

Agree.

One guy that I haven't heard anything about this season is Perry Jones. I wish he went to a team that could play him 15+ MPG. He might never be good, but a lot of people thought he could be a star.

rockbottom2010
03-16-2013, 08:48 PM
who's skip bayless? never heard of him

HouRealCoach
03-16-2013, 08:58 PM

Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh, Kevin Love, James Harden weren't the stars you see now when they first came either... It takes time, over the years A LOT can change

For example 2009 Draft, EVERYONE thought Brandon Jennings was going to be the star from that draft early in the season, then by the end, everyone thought it would be Tyreke Evans, the next season people was 100% sure that it would be Blake Griffin & now it appears that James Harden was the best player out of that draft.. Can't judge a draft by 75% of the classes first season

jon32
03-16-2013, 09:22 PM
That soccer octopus made better predictions than Skip Bayless

I like Marcus Smart and Anthony Bennett in this draft.......I think Bennett is gonna be a BEAST