PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Iman Shumpert?

D12 fan
03-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Knicks fans was calling him the next Dwayne Wade, they said he was the best defensive player in the NBA. I been watching him ever since he came back and it looks like he lost a step.

Will he ever get back to that Dwayne Wade level style of play?

mvb815
03-14-2013, 10:56 PM
he just got back from acl surgery give him a break

mvb815
03-14-2013, 10:56 PM
not surgery, but injury

Avenged
03-14-2013, 11:07 PM

what lol

NYJ - NYY
03-14-2013, 11:09 PM
Another clown thread lol damn nba forum is terrible

bucketss
knick fans overhyped him.

D12 fan

what lol

Knicks fans said he was the next Dwayne Wade.:shrug:

ThaDubs
03-14-2013, 11:11 PM
He was way overhyped. Better rapper than baller. Good defense though.

ThunderousDemon
03-14-2013, 11:12 PM

what lol

:laugh2:

xxplayerxx23
03-14-2013, 11:17 PM
So d12 coming off a ban has three troll knick threads the last couple days. Nobody called him Dwayne his defense is very impressive. He is coming off ACL surgery, his offense isn't anything speical has pot to be solid his defense when healthy is very speical.

jmoney85
03-14-2013, 11:19 PM
So d12 coming off a ban has three troll knick threads the last couple days. Nobody called him Dwayne his defense is very impressive. He is coming off ACL surgery, his offense isn't anything speical has pot to be solid his defense when healthy is very speical.

no, they definitely did

c.c.
03-14-2013, 11:21 PM
He was never nowhere near Wade level and never will be. Chandler Parsons will give him buckets all day!

xxplayerxx23
03-14-2013, 11:22 PM
no, they definitely did

No. Maybe certain said he could shut wade down but nobody every said he would play wade type offense.

4milesperday
03-14-2013, 11:23 PM
Dwyane Wade level?

97NYer
03-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Knicks fans thought, rightfully, that Shump was an elite perimeter defender with a raw offensive game. Now he is those same things plus tentative as a result of his ACL surgery, which prevents him from having a major impact. He has been improving though.

Mr_Jones
03-14-2013, 11:29 PM
I like Shumpert

D12 fan
03-14-2013, 11:30 PM
So d12 coming off a ban has three troll knick threads the last couple days. Nobody called him Dwayne his defense is very impressive. He is coming off ACL surgery, his offense isn't anything speical has pot to be solid his defense when healthy is very speical.Bro this is not a troll thread, I stated a fact. Knicks fans were comparing him to Dwayne Wade last year before the playoffs started. All i'm saying is what happened to him, he doesn't look like Dwade out there.

iFYouSeekAmy
03-14-2013, 11:30 PM
He has surpassed Dwayne Wade. However, whether he is on Dwyane Wade's level, we do not know.

D-Leethal
03-14-2013, 11:32 PM
He tore his ACL. He's coming around but its a process. Took Rubio awhile to get his groove back. I think we have to reserve judgement to next year. His jumper and deep ball have been money though. I think he will regain his lateral quickness and defensive swagger but he admits hes not 100% confident out there yet. Rose ain't even on the court yet and your acting like Shump should be at his top form, they tore their ACL's on the same day.

Mr_Jones
03-14-2013, 11:32 PM
hey everyone, i like shumpert

xxplayerxx23
03-14-2013, 11:33 PM
Bro this is not a troll thread, I stated a fact. Knicks fans were comparing him to Dwayne Wade last year before the playoffs started. All i'm saying is what happened to him, he doesn't look like Dwade out there.

3 of your most recent threads have bashed the Knicks. Instead of talking out of your *** bring some evidence. Again maybe one or two dumb knick fan compared him to wade but 99%. Never said he would be anywhere near wade level esp on offense.. You can deny it being a troll thread but it is.

D12 fan
03-14-2013, 11:36 PM
3 of your most recent threads have bashed the Knicks. Instead of talking out of your *** bring some evidence. Again maybe one or two dumb knick fan compared him to wade but 99%. Never said he would be anywhere near wade level esp on offense.. You can deny it being a troll thread but it is.
Dude I made a thread about Carmelo Anthony not being a superstar which he is not. You think that is trolling? Melo is a good player but he is not a superstar in my eyes.

knicks=love
03-14-2013, 11:38 PM
hey everyone, i like shumpert

hey, cool.

xxplayerxx23
03-14-2013, 11:39 PM
Dude I made a thread about Carmelo Anthony not being a superstar which he is not. You think that is trolling? Melo is a good player but he is not a superstar in my eyes.

That's fantastic, you have made three bait threads.. All you do is bait and your trying to say this isn't trolling. Go find some posts where even the dumbest knick fans said iman is ganna be on wades level offensively.

D12 fan
03-14-2013, 11:46 PM
That's fantastic, you have made three bait threads.. All you do is bait and your trying to say this isn't trolling. Go find some posts where even the dumbest knick fans said iman is ganna be on wades level offensively.
I made 2 threads that are both facts. Melo is not a superstar, and what happened to Shumpert. If you consider that trolling than you are just to emotional about your team players.

What is wrong with asking what happened to Iman Shumpert? He hasn't looked that great since he returned.

mp3
03-14-2013, 11:47 PM
I'm not sure if he was ever compared to Wade but it's definitely another case of Knicks fans overrating their players. Guy is terrible on offense. Just can't straight up shoot.

rockbottom2010
03-14-2013, 11:49 PM

what lol

don't worry about him, he's delusional and egotistic with dwight howard

xxplayerxx23
03-14-2013, 11:51 PM
I made 2 threads that are both facts. Melo is not a superstar, and what happened to Shumpert. If you consider that trolling than you are just to emotional about your team players.

What is wrong with asking what happened to Iman Shumpert? He hasn't looked that great since he returned.

You said wade keep like anybody spoke about him in tht way. Guy is coming offf major surgery. Yeah what a shock you wait for a bad stretch and put together some threads. It is the definition of baiting. Why if I start a thread what happened to Dwight! Why isn't he on wilt or shaq level? That's not baiting right

xxplayerxx23
03-14-2013, 11:52 PM
I'm not sure if he was ever compared to Wade but it's definitely another case of Knicks fans overrating their players. Guy is terrible on offense. Just can't straight up shoot.

He is still young enough to learn. And believe it or not he is actually knocking down te 3 solid this year. Guy is in his 2nd year and off major surgery, has played a lot better of late.

D12 fan
03-14-2013, 11:53 PM
don't worry about him, he's delusional and egotistic with dwight howard

Your team is on a 20 game win streak, why are you worrying about the Lakers?

D12 fan
03-14-2013, 11:55 PM
You said wade keep like anybody spoke about him in tht way. Guy is coming offf major surgery. Yeah what a shock you wait for a bad stretch and put together some threads. It is the definition of baiting. Why if I start a thread what happened to Dwight! Why isn't he on wilt or shaq level? That's not baiting right
Do you see all the Dwight threads on PSD, post what you want I don't care about what people say about Dwight. I'm on the record saying Dwight has sucked this year. Unlike you I don't take what other people say seriously.

By the way a troll thread is like saying Tyreke Evans is the MVP.

JerseyPalahniuk
03-14-2013, 11:57 PM
d12 might be a bigger troll than domefavors. Atleast he picks a team and sticks with it. (not condoning his actions in any way, just relatively speaking on the trollmeter)

xxplayerxx23
03-14-2013, 11:58 PM
Do you see all the Dwight threads on PSD, post what you want I don't care about what people say about Dwight. I'm on the record saying Dwight has sucked this year. Unlike you I don't take what other people say seriously.

By the way a troll thread is like saying Tyreke Evans is the MVP.

Oh you mean like your last comment? Idc the point is you start baits and fights the last two threads. I seem the Evans thread. Nobody takes that guy serious.

rockbottom2010
03-14-2013, 11:58 PM

ur mentioning dwayne wade and iman shumpert in the same sentence...i dare u to tweet to charles barkley...he'll kill u

D12 fan
03-15-2013, 12:04 AM
ur mentioning dwayne wade and iman shumpert in the same sentence...i dare u to tweet to charles barkley...he'll kill u
Knicks fans were comparing him to Dwayne Wade last year, what's wrong with me bringing it back up?

JerseyPalahniuk
03-15-2013, 12:05 AM
Knicks fans were comparing him to Dwayne Wade last year, what's wrong with me bringing it back up?

why not post it in the KNICKS forum then? If it was only THAT fanbase saying that.

rockbottom2010
03-15-2013, 12:06 AM

u don't compare to a superstar until you play like one....never compare shumpert to wade unless ur a 9X all star, nba finals mvp, and 2x champion

JerseyPalahniuk

why not post it in the KNICKS forum then? Lets say you are NOT trolling and are legitimately curious. Wouldn't you find the best source of answers in the forum dedicate to that team? explain that

D12 fan
d12 might be a bigger troll than domefavors. Atleast he picks a team and sticks with it. (not condoning his actions in any way, just relatively speaking on the trollmeter)
DoMeFavors is the face of PSD, you are trying to say i'm bigger than DoMeFavors?

JerseyPalahniuk
03-15-2013, 12:08 AM
DoMeFavors is the face of PSD, you are trying to say i'm bigger than DoMeFavors?

answer my other question

xxplayerxx23
03-15-2013, 12:18 AM
The funny part is knick fans said he would guar wade never that he was at wades level.. Everybody knew he would be raw offensively. Guy was looking for trouble..

DoMeFavors
03-15-2013, 12:25 AM
Wait he isnt Dwayne Wade this year? I dont know I never thought he was a good player but I have to take the Knicks fans word for it, he can go 0-10 shooting and he is still Wade to them. So lets just call him Wade from now on.

D12 fan
03-15-2013, 12:26 AM
The funny part is knick fans said he would guar wade never that he was at wades level.. Everybody knew he would be raw offensively. Guy was looking for trouble..Dude you just said yourself that some Knicks fans were comparing him to Dwayne Wade, now i'm just making stuff up?

Knicks fans were all on his nuts last year before the playoffs, calling him the next Dwayne Wade. I bet most of those posters are either banned or don't won't to own up to what they said lol.

xxplayerxx23
03-15-2013, 12:28 AM
Lmao again 99% of knick fans never compared him to wade. Makes no sense guy was raw on offense everybody knew it. Knick fans were hopefully and hype that he could GUARD wade not that he was the next wade. Get your facts straight.

JerseyPalahniuk
03-15-2013, 12:28 AM
Dude you just said yourself that some Knicks fans were comparing him to Dwayne Wade, now i'm just making stuff up?

Knicks fans were all on his nuts last year before the playoffs, calling him the next Dwayne Wade. I bet most of those posters are either banned or don't won't to own up to what they said lol.

why don't you ask them in the Knicks forum? Ignoring my question?

D12 fan
03-15-2013, 12:30 AM
Lmao again 99% of knick fans never compared him to wade. Makes no sense guy was raw on offense everybody knew it. Knick fans were hopefully and hype that he could GUARD wade not that he was the next wade. Get your facts straight.
99%, so 1% of Knicks were calling Shumpert the next Dwayne Wade.

justinnum1
03-15-2013, 12:33 AM
Knicks fans was calling him the next Dwayne Wade, they said he was the best defensive player in the NBA. I been watching him ever since he came back and it looks like he lost a step.

the next wade...:laugh:

DoMeFavors
03-15-2013, 12:34 AM
You cant argue with Knick fans no matter what evidence you give them, Shumpert this future journey man is Dwayne Wade to them.

D12 fan
03-15-2013, 12:37 AM
You cant argue with Knick fans no matter what evidence you give them, Shumpert this future journey man is Dwayne Wade to them.Funny thing is he know they said it, he just afraid to admit it. I would go back in find the post but that would be wasting time because Knicks fan still wouldn't own up to it.

xxplayerxx23
03-15-2013, 12:37 AM
99%, so 1% of Knicks were calling Shumpert the next Dwayne Wade.

No. Not even sure about that. Again fans brought up guarding wade.. You randomly bring this vs up its terrible

Mr_Jones
03-15-2013, 12:38 AM
hey, cool.

Thanks!

DoMeFavors
03-15-2013, 12:39 AM
Knick fans booed this guy I remember on draft night were so upset with the pick an hour later were in love with it

xxplayerxx23
03-15-2013, 12:39 AM
Lol go dig up the posts please do me a favor lol. You know your in trouble when you and domefavors are the ones talking.

Becks2307
03-15-2013, 12:43 AM
this nba forum is ridiculous

sep11ie
03-15-2013, 12:49 AM
If he tears his other ACL he may start playing down to Wade's level.

bucketss
03-15-2013, 01:13 AM
i don't think they said he was the next wade but they for sure called him the wade stopper lol.

oak2455
03-15-2013, 01:13 AM
Troll thread and look who's driving the short Bus

oak2455
03-15-2013, 01:15 AM
beep beep jump on D12 is driving........:facepalm:

D12 fan
03-15-2013, 01:16 AM
Troll thread and look who's driving the short BusHow is this a troll thread? All I asked is what happened to his game, he isn't looking like he did last year.

oak2455
03-15-2013, 01:17 AM
How is this a troll thread? All I asked is what happened to his game, he isn't looking like he did last year.

you ever tear your ACL ?? if and when you do let's talk

D12 fan
03-15-2013, 01:21 AM
you ever tear your ACL ?? if and when you do let's talkNo, so that's his excuse?

He was talking like he was gonna come back better than ever in his interviews. I'm sorry I don't see it.

oak2455
03-15-2013, 01:37 AM
No, so that's his excuse?

He was talking like he was gonna come back better than ever in his interviews. I'm sorry I don't see it.

Rose still out ? It takes a while but again unless you've been through it you'll never know ;)

naps
03-15-2013, 01:51 AM
Dwyane Wade level? Next Dwyane Wade? :laugh2:

oak2455
03-15-2013, 02:05 AM
Dwyane Wade level? Next Dwyane Wade? :laugh2:

You said that? Wow that's weird

javsvt
03-15-2013, 02:45 AM

And your team just lost Kobe, and your worried about the Knicks. Funny.....

dalton749
03-15-2013, 04:21 AM
what happened to landry fields?
knicks rooks

GiantsSwaGG
03-15-2013, 05:05 AM
This troll thread is an epic fail :laugh:

rockbottom2010
03-15-2013, 05:40 AM
the biggest loser in pro sports daily history

xxplayerxx23
03-15-2013, 07:22 AM
i don't think they said he was the next wade but they for sure called him the wade stopper lol.

Exactly this!

beasted86
03-15-2013, 07:26 AM
Knicks fans over-hyped and overrated the heck out of Shumpert (who don't they over-hype?).....

But I never heard Wade comparisons. But there were a number of morons who thought he could lock down Wade and take him out of a series.

sventhedog
03-15-2013, 07:40 AM
i don't know what happened to him but did you also hear about the knicks fans calling amare the next tim duncan? i also don't know what happened to him.

javsvt
03-15-2013, 07:51 AM
i don't know what happened to him but did you also hear about the knicks fans calling amare the next tim duncan? i also don't know what happened to him.
I don't remember the Duncan comparisons, but its pretty sad you trolls questioning the talents of two guys that were either hurt, or had a major injury. But carry on Trolls......LOL

sventhedog
03-15-2013, 08:02 AM
I don't remember the Duncan comparisons, but its pretty sad you trolls questioning the talents of two guys that were either hurt, or had a major injury. But carry on Trolls......LOL

lol. you kind of didn't sense my sarcasm right there bro.

xxplayerxx23
03-15-2013, 08:12 AM
What happened to amare being great? Injuries destroyed his career. Do you realize what could of Been if amare stayed healthy throughout his whole career.

NYJ - NYY
03-15-2013, 08:42 AM
the biggest loser in pro sports daily history

Him and dmf

SanAntonioSpurs23
03-15-2013, 09:13 AM
:laugh: at people saying he was better than Kawhi Leonard

Knick_Fever
03-15-2013, 09:16 AM

"If it looks like a homer, baits like a homer, and trolls like a homer, then its a homer."

javsvt
03-15-2013, 09:20 AM
lol. you kind of didn't sense my sarcasm right there bro.

I'm sorry, I missed it. I apologize......LOL

Knick_Fever
03-15-2013, 09:22 AM
:laugh: at people saying he was better than Kawhi Leonard

Im pretty sure he wasnt better than him before the injury, but on the same level, yes. But thats besides the point, you're just a product of the OP's goal- to get people like you to take the bait and talk negatively about a player who is trying to come back from a devastating injury.

D-Leethal
03-15-2013, 09:23 AM

You don't see what? That he tore his ACL? That Rose is still not even confident enough on his knee to even play? Shump has said he's not confident in his lateral motion yet, you can see it the way he plays, he avoids putting to much pressure in his east-west movement and everytime he gets tangled or falls he is extremely slow to get up, its a big mental wall you need to leap over to trust your knee again. He's getting there but were not gonna see last years Shumpert until next year and that was pretty much expected.

Dade County
03-15-2013, 09:35 AM

:laugh2:

This has to be a lie... Knicks fans could not have thought that Shumpert was going to have the same skill set as Wade.

I hope Shumpert can get healthy and grow as a player.

SanAntonioSpurs23
03-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Im pretty sure he wasnt better than him before the injury, but on the same level, yes. But thats besides the point, you're just a product of the OP's goal- to get people like you to take the bait and talk negatively about a player who is trying to come back from a devastating injury.

and?

2-ONE-5
03-15-2013, 09:44 AM
coming off a serious injury and was overhypedtreme by knicks fan. never was or will be what they thought they had. Gonna have a Tony Allen like career

Dankster
03-15-2013, 10:17 AM
No one ever compared to him Wade. Not even close.

Some comparisons were made to Tony Allen and if his game evolved more he could have the ceiling of an Andre Iguodala. These were what "some" people were saying, personally I think his game is closer to Tony Allen than it is Andre's.

He's coming off a devastating knee injury. Rule of thumb has been it takes at least a year until they're back to their normal self (especially on the physcological/mental end of it.) But even if he ever does make a full recovery, he'll never be close to Wade. Wade's a tremedous 2 way player, most of Iman's potentital is only on the defensive side of the ball. Still a very good player to pick up as a middle first round selection.

72 Wins
03-15-2013, 10:25 AM
People need to relax and not prematurely start panicking/writing someone off. I think he'll get back to his previous level of play, but it will take some time.

SLY WILLIAMS
03-15-2013, 10:39 AM
He looked really good in the game against the Nuggets. If he can continue to shoot at that level he will be a major asset.

Kashmir13579
03-15-2013, 11:25 AM
You don't see what? That he tore his ACL? That Rose is still not even confident enough on his knee to even play? Shump has said he's not confident in his lateral motion yet, you can see it the way he plays, he avoids putting to much pressure in his east-west movement and everytime he gets tangled or falls he is extremely slow to get up, its a big mental wall you need to leap over to trust your knee again. He's getting there but were not gonna see last years Shumpert until next year and that was pretty much expected.
Don't waste your time with these simpletons, D.

Sandman
03-15-2013, 11:49 AM
You're probably misquoting whoever said he was the next D-Wade. I could see somebody saying put Shumpert in front of Dwade and you can slow him down.

That said, its mostly coming back from injury because this is basically rehab time. Common misconception is "don't come back til you're 100%" but the fact is he's not an injury risk its that he hasn't built that strength and conditioning back to 100%.

There's also the Landry Fields disease. Coming into the league his jumpshot was a question mark and he was getting sagged on. Now he's getting a little more attention.

Stinkyoutsider
03-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Shumpert will be back to being himself on the floor by the middle of next season. An ACL tear is a serious injury and being cleared by doctors lets us know that the surgery has completely healed. But it doesn't say whether the ACL or the knee is strong enough for Shumpert to be himself. Rehab has helped him a lot but he won't be himself until he continues to play.

Same thing with Derek Rose. I know mentally he's not there yet but the sooner he gets out there, the sooner he'll get his knee and ACL back to what it was before the injury.

NYCkid12
03-15-2013, 12:13 PM
He looked really good in the game against the Nuggets. If he can continue to shoot at that level he will be a major asset.

He did look good, but it still was also in a blow out...not really a high intesnity part of the game where he got his points

rockbottom2010
03-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Him and dmf

add jimmer55 in the mix

NBA-GMaster
03-16-2013, 01:56 AM
Nah, He's not on Wade's level.. But He's the John Starks of the NEW NY Knicks..