PDA

View Full Version : NBA Admits Missed Call; Jones Fouled Kobe

amos1er
03-14-2013, 09:40 PM
Referees should have called Atlanta Hawks forward Dahntay Jones for a foul on Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant in the final seconds of Atlanta’s victory Wednesday, the NBA announced Thursday.
“After review at the league office, video replay confirmed that referees missed a foul call on Jones as he challenged Bryant’s shot and did not give him the opportunity to land cleanly back on the floor. Bryant should have been granted two free throws,” the NBA posted on NBA.com.
With five seconds remaining and the Lakers trailing 94-92 in the fourth quarter, Bryant took a 18-foot fadeaway baseline jumper and missed. With Jones putting pressure on the shot, Bryant landed on Jones’ foot with 4.9 seconds left and sustained a severely sprained left ankle. He is out indefinitely, hurting the Lakers’ playoff chances.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-admits-missed-call-jones-fouled-kobe/#6RrBEYlVvGVHlgIf.99

Wow, now don't you people who said that Kobe along with the vast majority of Lakers fans are just being crybabies look foolish. I feel an apology is in order. :D

nickdymez
03-14-2013, 09:51 PM
It was an obvious foul and most people on here know it. They just feel the need to troll Lakers fans. Its dissapointing when some mods start trolling as well.. Which some clearly did.

UPRock
03-14-2013, 09:52 PM
And who the **** cares? You people lost, get over it.

nickdymez
03-14-2013, 09:57 PM
And who the **** cares? You people lost, get over it.

Threads i dont care about i generally dont click on. Let alone respond to....

dtmagnet
03-14-2013, 09:57 PM
So cry about it, the league has admitted 4 missed calls to the Raptors this season.

GodsSon
03-14-2013, 10:07 PM
So cry about it, the league has admitted 4 missed calls to the Raptors this season.

This.

I have no pity.

Lakeshow24KB
03-14-2013, 10:30 PM
Well considering the position the Lakers are in, every game is crucial and calls like these could make a huge difference in hindsight. But I agree, nothing can be done about it so time to move on.

LakersIn5
03-14-2013, 10:33 PM
well what can admitting to now? as if they would re play the final 4 seconds.

mvb815
03-14-2013, 10:55 PM
no ref is going to call that late in the game, he got off a clean look and missed

LakersMaster24
03-14-2013, 10:56 PM
Big deal, we lost the game. End of story.

strokeman
03-14-2013, 11:01 PM
this is not about crying, its about player safety, that play is something i would do to someone on the play grounds that i don't like; this is the NBA, it's how these guys provide for their families, there is no room for it!
he clearly slid under Kobe and was not contesting the shot. i see a fine coming for him.

likemystylez
03-14-2013, 11:07 PM
no ref is going to call that late in the game, he got off a clean look and missed

THIS- Its unfortunate that kobe got hurt, and there was a foul, but Kobe got a good shot off. Usually a ref will not call that foul. laker fans are use to seeing Kobe get every single call (even a few that the average player wouldn't get).... so they are to a point where they demand a foul to be called.

Honestly though- reverse the situation. If Jones rolled his ankle because of kobes defense, Jones wouldnt make this big of a deal about it, and there is NO WAY the refs would call the foul at any point in the game.

DaLakerz Rulz
03-14-2013, 11:08 PM
Big deal, we lost the game. End of story.

Exactly who the **** cares at this point. Why even make a statement about this in the first place?

mightybosstone
03-14-2013, 11:09 PM
Here's the thing...
Was it a foul? Yes.
Was it worthy of being a flagrant foul? No.
Should a referee necessarily blow the whistle in that situation? Of course not.

In that situation, where a basket or a whistle could mean everything for either team, I'd much rather the referees let the players play. Kobe had a great chance to hit that shot and he missed. It was a foul, but hardly a blatant or obvious one. If Jones had slapped Kobe's arm or prevented Kobe from getting a clean look, that would be one thing. But Kobe got up a good, clean shot and Jones was slow to contest it, hence the whole "coming up underneath him" crap.

Whether it's Kobe, Lebron, Durant or anyone else, I would hope the referees would hold their whistles in that situation and just let the athletes finish the games themselves.

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-14-2013, 11:12 PM
They are not changing the record of the Lakers so lets keep it movin......

BigSwede
03-14-2013, 11:18 PM
It was a foul but because it happened to kobe people are making a big deal about it.

ThaDubs
03-14-2013, 11:20 PM
It sucks for Lakers fans but honestly every time I come on I see a new thread related to Kobe's ankle and the foul. The guy confirmed on Twitter that he meant no harm. If this was a role player nobody would know about this foul.

likemystylez
03-14-2013, 11:23 PM
Here's the thing...
Was it a foul? Yes.

In that situation, where a basket or a whistle could mean everything for either team, I'd much rather the referees let the players play. Kobe had a great chance to hit that shot and he missed. It was a foul, but hardly a blatant or obvious one. If Jones had slapped Kobe's arm or prevented Kobe from getting a clean look, that would be one thing. But Kobe got up a good, clean shot and Jones was slow to contest it, hence the whole "coming up underneath him" crap.

Whether it's Kobe, Lebron, Durant or anyone else, I would hope the referees would hold their whistles in that situation and just let the athletes finish the games themselves.

I think kobe has a right to be frusterated and a little bit irritated with Jones, I mean jones could have defended that shot just as well without putting kobe in any danger. But for kobe to come out and say the refs need to protect him.... That sounds like a joke. Kobe gets his share of calls through out a typical game. The refs do a fine job of "protecting him". heck most defenders arent allowed to get within 5 feet of him without a whistle blowing.

likemystylez
03-14-2013, 11:27 PM
It was a foul but because it happened to kobe people are making a big deal about it.

kobe had a post game interview where he made a huge thing about it.

Personally I think it made him look kind of pathetic. Kobe has gotten his share of calls, he didnt get this one. Theres no way jones would have gotten the call if the situation was reversed and Jones would be more of an adult about it.

c.c.
03-14-2013, 11:28 PM
So what's one miss call compared to all the little soft touch fouls he gets that other players never get

SportsFanatic10
03-14-2013, 11:28 PM
meh...i didn't see lakers fans upset when the refs missed howard yanking rudy gay back by his jersey to open up the lane for a driving kobe late in the raptors game last week. if kobe wanted a foul he should of forced the issue and attacked the rim in that situation. it sucks, but its part of the game. they catch some they miss some. the raps have had this happen like 3 or 4 times this season, and the lakers (mainly kobe) have benefited from tacky calls plenty of times, it works both ways. also kobe tried to create space/contact by kicking his leg out as well.

lakerfan85
03-14-2013, 11:34 PM
kobe had a post game interview where he made a huge thing about it.

Personally I think it made him look kind of pathetic. Kobe has gotten his share of calls, he didnt get this one. Theres no way jones would have gotten the call if the situation was reversed and Jones would be more of an adult about it.

How do you know?

amos1er
03-14-2013, 11:35 PM

Unless it's D-Whistle in the 2006 NBA finals of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTKxxsDuDas&list=LLwaptt4I1Z3RavJmAnnFn1Q

A completely phantom foul none the less with about five seconds left to decide the game.

DaLakerz Rulz
03-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Just because your team sucks *** doesn't mean you constantly have to bash the Lakers.. How are you even a mod?? All you do is try to bait people..

Hes bashing Lakers fans not the Lakers :p

b@llhog24
03-14-2013, 11:37 PM
Not a big deal.

likemystylez
03-14-2013, 11:38 PM
How do you know?

that jones wouldnt make it into this huge of a deal? Just a hunch. Most players wouldn't attack another player in a post game interview. Its not a good way of playing defense- but asking the refs to protect you is really laughable from a guy like kobe bryant. The leagues front office are fans of the lakers. Kobe has gotten tons of protection LOL

But even if jones wanted to make it into a huge deal, LMAO- do you think anybody would be talking about it?

amos1er
03-14-2013, 11:38 PM

Oh and there is that thing about it resulting in an injury where he will be out for an extended period of time course when the Lakers are trying desperately to hang on the the 8th seed. Ya, that kind of thing happens everyday. Where is the facepalm when you need it.

likemystylez
03-14-2013, 11:44 PM
Unless it's D-Whistle in the 2006 NBA finals of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTKxxsDuDas&list=LLwaptt4I1Z3RavJmAnnFn1Q

A completely phantom foul none the less with about five seconds left to decide the game.
Obviously a bad call at a bad time, ..... and Im going to get hammered here but.........D wade was atleast attacking the basket and forcing the ref to make a call. He didnt get a good shot off, he stumbled and sold it. (Once again- it was a bad call, and you dont want that call to decide a game)

Kobe was fading away, he got a good shot off (One that kobe has a very good chance to make). D wade was going right at the defense flicked an off balance shot up. The ref bit on the acting job. It was a bad call- but in real time it appeared to be more of a foul because wade was attacking the basket. (sorta)

lakerfan85
03-14-2013, 11:45 PM
Aren't you a mod? If so its against the rules of this forum to put down a whole fan base in so many words. I've read the rules, you should enforce them as a mod, not break them.

He does it all the time.. Actually so do other mods..

amos1er
03-14-2013, 11:46 PM
Aren't you a mod? If so its against the rules of this forum to put down a whole fan base in so many words. I've read the rules, you should enforce them as a mod, not break them.

Don't mind him, he is just feeling a bit embarrassed because he is one of the few special posters on here who said earlier (before the NBA came out with their official statement that proved him wrong) that the play looked clean and that we were all full of it.

likemystylez
03-14-2013, 11:46 PM
Oh and there is that thing about it resulting in an injury where he will be out for an extended period of time course when the Lakers are trying desperately to hang on the the 8th seed. Ya, that kind of thing happens everyday. Where is the facepalm when you need it.

to defend laker fans, I think most of the fans are more concerned with Jones dirty play that could cost the lakers the playoffs than they are that the refs missed a foul call. (even though it might have costed them the game)

lakerfan85
03-14-2013, 11:47 PM
Obviously a bad call at a bad time, ..... and Im going to get hammered here but.........D wade was atleast attacking the basket and forcing the ref to make a call. He didnt get a good shot off, he stumbled and sold it. (Once again- it was a bad call, and you dont want that call to decide a game)

Kobe was fading away, he got a good shot off (One that kobe has a very good chance to make). D wade was going right at the defense flicked an off balance shot up. The ref bit on the acting job. It was a bad call- but in real time it appeared to be more of a foul because wade was attacking the basket. (sorta)

If the same thing happened to Lebron or wade PSD would've exploded by now..

DaLakerz Rulz
03-14-2013, 11:50 PM
I honestly think Kobe's biggest problem with this situation is that Dahntay has made dangerous plays like this before against him in the past. Not only that, but if people actually watched the full game, he undercut him on several shots, not just the last one. Someone is bound to get injured if you keep playing defense like that...

amos1er
03-14-2013, 11:50 PM

Strawman argument. You said earlier that refs don't make those calls when the game is on the line. I proved your orginal statement wrong. They will do it...only do it in "certain" instances.

To address your other arbitrary points...The major difference between the two plays is the fact that Kobe actually got fouled.

Now to sum it up...Kobe get fouled in an extremely dangerous manner with the game on line resulting in a horrific injury...no call...No one touches Wade with the game on the line and he gets the call...in a deciding game of the finals with the series tied none the less.

likemystylez
03-14-2013, 11:52 PM
If the same thing happened to Lebron or wade PSD would've exploded by now..

I dunno- if lebron or wade went down, heat would still be fine cuz theyd have the other one and bosh and thats enough to hold on to the number 1 seed for 5 weeks or whatever.

The big deal is because Kobe is the lakers only hope at securing a playoff spot at this point. If Kobe is out an extended period of time 2-3 weeks- I dont even know if the other guys will believe they can get it done. and if Kobe somehow forces himself to come back in 3 or 4 days- will he be as effective?

amos1er
03-14-2013, 11:52 PM
to defend laker fans, I think most of the fans are more concerned with Jones dirty play that could cost the lakers the playoffs than they are that the refs missed a foul call. (even though it might have costed them the game)

I'm only hope that the refs take heed to this and protect him from dirty plays like this in the future. He is 34 years old afterall...its not like he is a young pup like Lebron or Durant...only they get the calls for some odd reason.

likemystylez
03-15-2013, 12:01 AM
Strawman argument. You said earlier that refs don't make those calls when the game is on the line. I proved your orginal statement wrong. They will do it...only do it in "certain" instances.

To address your other arbitrary points...The major difference between the two plays is the fact that Kobe actually got fouled.

Now to sum it up...Kobe get fouled in an extremely dangerous manner with the game on line resulting in a horrific injury...no call...No one touches Wade with the game on the line and he gets the call...in a deciding game of the finals with the series tied none the less.

Sorry- You brought up one instance in the last 7 yrs where the refs made a bad call at the end of games, I would bet there are atleast 100 more if you look hard enough (Out of over 8,000 regular season and playoff games in the last 7 yrs). I guess I shouldnt have said the refs wont make that call. 98% of the time the refs wont make that call. Its unfortunate that Kobe got hurt and all.... but the refs werent looking at Kobe's feet. They saw that it appeared he got off a good shot and didnt blow the whistle. In most cases that foul wouldnt be called.

Now the Heat series. First of all the heat won that series 4-2, so theres no way the series was tied up. Also- the heat won the final 4 games of that series. Wade stumbled and got a foul call. he didnt get up a good shot (So the ref has to consider the result of not calling a foul that might have prevented him from getting up a good shot- Kobe on the other hand got a good shot off before the foul happened actually) I didnt say it was a good call on wades foul, but its a call more likely to get called. I realize Kobe suffered a bad injury because of that foul, but

nickdymez
03-15-2013, 12:05 AM
Here's the thing...
Was it a foul? Yes.

So at the end of games players should just bear hug other players that are about to hit shots because "it could mean anything for either team". And refs shouldn't call it.

Sactown
03-15-2013, 12:06 AM
lol, like this was the first missed call ever.... Jesus Christ we don't need a thread about a missed call every day....

Hawkeye15
03-15-2013, 12:07 AM
Just because your team sucks *** doesn't mean you constantly have to bash the Lakers.. How are you even a mod?? All you do is try to bait people..

Bait? No. All I have seen is whining over the issue the last 2 days. Move on, it happens in the NBA. Just because it was Kobe doesn't mean it should be examined any further than if it were a backup for the Suns.

Hawkeye15
03-15-2013, 12:08 AM

report it then.

Hawkeye15
03-15-2013, 12:09 AM
Don't mind him, he is just feeling a bit embarrassed because he is one of the few special posters on here who said earlier (before the NBA came out with their official statement that proved him wrong) that the play looked clean and that we were all full of it.

I said it looked clean? haha, putting words in my mouth. It didn't look dirty I said, and I still don't think it does. Just the NBA protecting one of its superstars after the fact here.

likemystylez
03-15-2013, 12:10 AM
So at the end of games players should just bear hug other players that are about to hit shots because "it could mean anything for either team". And refs shouldn't call it.

guess you ignored the part where he talked about kobe getting off a clean look and a decent shot. If the player gets a good makable shot off then the ref should let it go. Kobe got hurt because of the foul- but the foul actually happened after the shot was released.

If a player is bearhugged at the end of the game- that type of foul would probably prevent him from getting off anything even close to a decent shot. The ref kind of has to call that. THATS ALSO something that a ref is more likely to see than a players foot after the shot is released. (Heck in slow motion- I had to look close)

Sactown
03-15-2013, 12:14 AM
seriously, the Lakers fans act like the Lakers have never gotten away with a call...

numba1CHANGsta
03-15-2013, 12:29 AM
Example of a Hater (which is most of you)

Lakers player gets fouled no call-Haters response, "It's clearly not a foul, stop crying"
Refs admit of being wrong-Haters response, "Who cares, they loss, get over it"

If you respond negatively for both of those scenarios you're clearly a hater and it's a fact! If you had the balls to actually admit the truth and apologize then you are neutral meaning you're not biased at all. So stfu and stop being so jealous! If you're not a Celtic fan then you have no right of talking smack against the Lakers cuz 16 championships is enough proof ;)

sep11ie
03-15-2013, 12:34 AM
NBA admits to blown call, gives Lakers playoff spot for blunder.

John Walls Era
03-15-2013, 12:45 AM
Welcome to the Raptors' world.

John Walls Era
03-15-2013, 12:47 AM
Whens the NBA going to admit to the rigged series and apologize to the Kings?

setman2000
03-15-2013, 01:07 AM
How many missed calls are there every night, every game in the NBA? Keep crying Lakerettes!

Kid Fabulous
03-15-2013, 01:15 AM
Really being made into a big deal, when it shouldn't be. Sucks that he got hurt but it happens. I always wondered why this is called against The Defensive player, but when Kobe (everyone does this too, not just him) fakes a shot to draw his defender into the air, then jumps into him to draw the foul and get off a shot, its considered acceptable and called a defensive foul. To me its just as dangerous a move to the guy playing D.

bucketss
03-15-2013, 01:16 AM
i don't think LA fans are use to getting the short end of the stick considering all these years they have been receiving some crazy ref assistance, get you use to it as the lakers fall into obscurity( i know it won't happen but i can dream)

Raps_93
03-15-2013, 01:20 AM
welcome to the life of a raptor fan

Hardaway Here
03-15-2013, 01:24 AM
I can't believe this is still an issue talking about isn't going to change the fact that it didn't get called. It isn't going to change the fact that the Lakers lost point blank period.

#TmSmokesSachs
03-15-2013, 01:26 AM
Figures Laker fans would be in here crying about a missed call. :yawn:

It happens throughout the rest of the league too. Cry me a river.

STFU already. You clowns arent winning anything this year anyway.

DaLakerz Rulz
03-15-2013, 01:32 AM

Great way to start off your contributions to the site! You should fit right in with other Heat fans on here.

LeperMessiah
03-15-2013, 01:50 AM

Yup

AEWyatt7
03-15-2013, 01:51 AM
I still think it was good DEF. Im not a lakers fan nor hawks fan. I think ref's only said something cause it's kobe. Jones was off balance but either way, after all the black eyes kobe gave players with his jump shot to to draw a foul... I dont wish injury upon anyone but stuff like this happens... its not like it was intentional but this happens a lot in games. just blew up cause it was Kobe. Happened to Barrera, Austin Rivers,Tony Allen (these are all last year) and wasnt brought up to this level... its whatever.

Desuetude
03-15-2013, 02:21 AM
report it then.
Done.

LakerPride
03-15-2013, 02:37 AM
im surprised with idiots in PSD. they cant see the implication of that missed call and a useless statement from the NBA.

OK for PSD idiots, read this: its a dangerous play and NBA usually calls it a flagrant foul 2. if after the incident the only action that NBA did is to call it a foul then they are making a wrong and dangerous precedent. NBA would become a dangerous sports especially for superstars. Players can "Jalen Rose" anyone and get away with it.

jerellh528
03-15-2013, 02:42 AM
report it then.
Done.

setman2000
03-15-2013, 09:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgkN0-bLrus

PrinceofSaxony
03-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Jones would be more of an adult about it.

Really? Dahntay Jones? I've always found him to be quite a d-bag. Dirty play is not surprising from him and if it happened to him and he complained we'd all ignore him so that's a moot point.

ManRam
03-15-2013, 10:27 AM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-admits-missed-call-jones-fouled-kobe/#6RrBEYlVvGVHlgIf.99

Wow, now don't you people who said that Kobe along with the vast majority of Lakers fans are just being crybabies look foolish. I feel an apology is in order. :D

I doubt more than 3-4 people said it wasn't a foul.

You went on a whole rant about how dirty it was...and even connecting it to Stern and the NBA being rigged :laugh:

likemystylez
03-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Really being made into a big deal, when it shouldn't be. Sucks that he got hurt but it happens. I always wondered why this is called against The Defensive player, but when Kobe (everyone does this too, not just him) fakes a shot to draw his defender into the air, then jumps into him to draw the foul and get off a shot, its considered acceptable and called a defensive foul. To me its just as dangerous a move to the guy playing D.wWell- Kobe did make the point about him actually fading away. Theres no way Jones should be underneith him when he is fading away if he is trying to contest the shot. Heres the Irony though of this whole thing. Jones is a capable defensive player, he could have gone up and really challenged that shot cleanly. The problem is- he KNOWs Kobe bryant gets a ton of calls even when the defense isnt too bad. If Jones went up, played solid defense, and challenged the shot.... and kobes off leg brushed him. Would the refs put kobe on the line? based on history of kobe getting the bennefit of the doubt- it's likely.... and that wouldn't be a good way for the hawks to lose a game they worked so hard for the last 47.56 minutes of.

As far as jumping into someone. I think over the last few yrs its been a little bit ridiculous when the offensive player jumps 4 feet from where he is standing in order to get some contact with a guy in the air. But having played basketball- its a little bit different and easier for the defensive player to avoid getting hurt. The defensive player in the air is still well aware of where the offensive player is. The defensive player can use his hands to put on the offensive player (After its obvious a foul is going to be called either way) to slow down his fall.... and the defensive player can spread his legs or position them in a way not to land on the offensive players foot.

Kobe on the other hand could not keep track of where jones was underneith him. he was focusing on a very important shot. And in kobes mind- theres no reason jones should be underneith him when he fades away 4 or 5 feet.

ManRam
03-15-2013, 10:36 AM
I don't get the "Jones shouldn't end up underneath Bryant when contesting a Kobe fadeaway".

I mean, Kobe stops, fades away and shoots. How else do you defend that by jumping towards Kobe? Considering it's far easier to jump further forwards than backwards, why shouldn't Jones be ending up near or under him? You gotta jump AT the guy shooting. If there's EVER a time a play ends up under/near a player is when contesting a fadeaway because you aren't jumping straight up, you're jumping towards them.

I just can't grasp that logic.

likemystylez
03-15-2013, 10:43 AM
I don't get the "Jones shouldn't end up underneath Bryant when contesting a Kobe fadeaway".

I mean, Kobe stops, fades away and shoots. How else do you defend that by jumping towards Kobe? Considering it's far easier to jump further forwards than backwards, why shouldn't Jones be ending up near or under him? You gotta jump AT the guy shooting. If there's EVER a time a play ends up under/near a player is when contesting a fadeaway because you aren't jumping straight up, you're jumping towards them.
id reccomend watching the video again.

I just can't grasp that logic.

id reccomend watching the video again. JONES didnt jump to contest the shot, His course of action was just to run directly underneith kobe bryant rather than play defense on the shot. The defensive player should leave the ground after the offensive player and he should jump towards the shooting hand. If the defensive player leaves the ground after the offensive player, the offensive player should land first and if the defensive player is defending the shooting hand his feet should be off to the side of the offensive player. Although in this case kobe faded diagnolly backwards. The fact is- Jones didnt play to defend the shot he just put himself in a position where something like this was likely to happen. Bruce bowen use to do this routinely.

In defense of Jones- I think he was hesitent to jump in the air against a guy like kobe bryant because Kobe has a history of getting calls even when the defense is pretty solid

whitemamba33
03-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Cry away Laker fans, and act like this never happens....

It'll be alright. Kobe plays through injuries. This isn't Minnesota we are talking about here.

The Lakers are playing for a playoff spot, so you'll have to excuse Laker fans if they are upset about a blown call that might have cost them a game. Laker fans might not be wound so tight if they were currently 22-40 and just hoping to play out the season without setting any records for consecutive losses or losing their incredibly overrated point guard to another injury.

JiffyMix88
03-15-2013, 11:39 AM
What does it matter? Whos to say he would of made both free throws or won the game in overtime

whitemamba33
03-15-2013, 11:45 AM
What does it matter? Whos to say he would of made both free throws or won the game in overtime

..so you wouldn't like to see the best player on your team take the free throws he deserves to try and tie the game?

If you answer is no: You are a liar.

If your answer is yes: Then you can understand why Lakers fans would be upset. Just because he might not have made them (he pretty much always does in this situation) doesn't mean Lakers fans are going to be happy about not being given the opportunity, especially when the NBA admits that he should have been given one.

SportsFanatic10
03-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Done.

Done.

lol

ManRam
03-15-2013, 03:39 PM
id reccomend watching the video again. JONES didnt jump to contest the shot, His course of action was just to run directly underneith kobe bryant rather than play defense on the shot.

I think it's pretty clear he was going up to contest :shrug:

A late contest? Perhaps.

A foul? Yeah.

A premeditated attempt to undercut Kobe and hurt him? I'm not going there...

Byronicle
03-15-2013, 03:47 PM

yup and you don't see us making threads about those missed calls either

Byronicle
03-15-2013, 03:49 PM

A late contest? Perhaps.

A foul? Yeah.

when you slow down the replay, you can easily conspire on what intentions Jones had

but in actual game speed, he was trying to contest

its only when you slow down the speed of the game, that it looks malicious, because slowing the game speed allows many people the time to elaborate on absolutely nothing. especially people who don't actually play high competitive basketball. most likely the people whining are those that go to the local YMCA and play all offense and think they are mini-kobe bryants.

i was a defensive specialist/enery hustler player and that is not intentional. i always get in people's faces contesting

whitemamba33
03-15-2013, 03:54 PM

A late contest? Perhaps.

A foul? Yeah.

I guess that's the part that's up for debate here. None of us really have the tools to tell if it was premeditated or not, but the fact that he has had a previous flagrant against Kobe, and hearing stories from other players about Jones (Gibson) makes me "go there".

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Whens the NBA going to admit to the rigged series and apologize to the Kings?

If the nba rigged that series for the Lakers, wouldn't that mean that the 06 and 12 finals were rigged?

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-15-2013, 03:59 PM

Great way to start off your contributions to the site! You should fit right in with other Heat fans on here.

Ring the dupe bell!!!!!!!!!

mightybosstone
03-15-2013, 04:00 PM
If the nba rigged that series for the Lakers, wouldn't that mean that the 06 and 12 finals were rigged?

How were those series rigged?

whitemamba33
03-15-2013, 04:06 PM
How were those series rigged?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8nI1PPYOk&feature=relmfu

lol classic.

Faneik
03-15-2013, 04:13 PM

Tim Donaghy admitted on court the Kings vs Lakers series were fixed by the referees.

Game 6 of that series is a disgrace in the history of the NBA.

kblo247
03-16-2013, 06:22 AM
Game 2 vs Biston in 2008 isn't when the lakers got did without lube 38free throws to 10?

Aust
03-16-2013, 06:39 AM
Reparations must be made to us Laker fans :)

OceanSpray
03-16-2013, 12:42 PM
I don't know how they call it but Kobe kicked his leg out. If he hadn't kicked it out, he wouldn't have been hit.

rockbottom2010
03-16-2013, 01:50 PM
Tim Donaghy admitted on court the Kings vs Lakers series were fixed by the referees.

Game 6 of that series is a disgrace in the history of the NBA.

half of the lakers games are fixed ever since buss bought that franchise

CHANGO
03-16-2013, 02:11 PM
The Bowen Move!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THGJJHln4Co

Tony_Starks
03-16-2013, 06:31 PM
I remember Jones shenanigans when he was in Denver. Just another poor mans Bruce Bowen but way dirtier.