PDA

View Full Version : Did Dahntay Jones dirty play Kobe last night?

NYJ - NYY
03-14-2013, 10:28 AM
I didnt see the play, but listening to cowherd he seems to believe it was a dirty play. what do you guy think? if someone could post the video it'd be greatly appreciated, im at work so i cant. thanks

Hawkeye15
03-14-2013, 11:18 AM
It didn't look dirty. Kobe kicked his leg out, made contact with Jones, and it knocked him off balance.

NYJ - NYY
03-14-2013, 11:29 AM
It didn't look dirty. Kobe kicked his leg out, made contact with Jones, and it knocked him off balance.

thanks! i wasnt able to watch it but i have listened to cowherd this morning for a good 15 minutes agree with kobe that he was jalen rosed and that he agreed it was didrty

Hawkeye15
03-14-2013, 11:32 AM
thanks! i wasnt able to watch it but i have listened to cowherd this morning for a good 15 minutes agree with kobe that he was jalen rosed and that he agreed it was didrty

well, anytime a defender contests a shot and ends up being under the shooter, many view it as possibly dirty. I didn't see that at all.

Chronz
03-14-2013, 11:37 AM
DJ has always hated kobe

KOBE24
03-14-2013, 11:38 AM
You have to let the shooter land.... not saying he did it on purpose but LBJ gets that call 11 times out of 10

gauth25
03-14-2013, 11:39 AM
I've watched the play a few times and I know the defender ends up under the shooter not on purpose but he definitely went under Kobe on purpose. He stopped his motion and then all of the sudden bumped in under Kobe. I wouldn't call it dirty but it shouldn't have happened. How it wasn't called is beyond me.

Triple_Ocho
03-14-2013, 11:43 AM
I dont think it was dirty but its an unwritten rule that you dont walk under someone's feet like that. It's an irritating play but I wouldn't call it dirty. Didn't stop under Kobe's feet on purpose.

nastynice
03-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Looked kinda dirty to me. Not saying he injured him on purpose, but its like he got beat on the shot, kobe elevated above him, and so it seems he just tried to get any kinda of contact he could, and ended up stepping underneath him.

ManRam
03-14-2013, 11:54 AM
If this was Mike Scott doing this to Darius Morris it wouldn't be anything more than an unfortunate injury that no one would ever discuss again. No one would be calling Mike Scott dirty for it.

But it's Dahntay Jones and Kobe Bryant...so emotions are going to flow and people are going to go a bit more crazy.

Dahntay has been a dirty player in his career, but I'm not sure I can call this intentional at all. If it was anyone else I wouldn't think twice honestly. I'd call it a late contest and an unfortunate landing. He ends up under Kobe, but it's hard for me, again, to label it intentional. Kobe's leg kick probably had as much to do with the terrible landing as anything else. Dahntay looking away towards the hoop when they landed also has me thinking it was just a bad accident and not intentional.

gatkins11
03-14-2013, 11:55 AM
You have to let the shooter land.... not saying he did it on purpose but LBJ gets that call 11 times out of 10

So does Durant.

oak2455
03-14-2013, 11:59 AM
he's done this before with Kobe, I believe it was on purpose

ManRam
03-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Actually, watching the replay again and again, Jones is right: Kobe's leg kick is what initiated contact, and probably what threw him off balance. It was a late contest, but he went up well before the shot was released.

His foot touches down before Jones is under him.

showtym24
03-14-2013, 12:02 PM
Intentional or not it was a foul. And jones has a history with kob.

THE GIPPER
03-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Like Chronz said, Dahntay Jones never liked Kobe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6BWYMjTs3c

TmacBryant
03-14-2013, 12:14 PM
Intentional or not it was a foul. And jones has a history with kob.

+1

thephoenixson28
03-14-2013, 12:19 PM
I always wanted Jones on the Suns, and still want him.

YoungOne
03-14-2013, 12:31 PM
maybe post a link?

PraiseJesus
03-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Thats the last time Kobe loses to a Dahantay Jones team

NYJ - NYY
03-14-2013, 01:08 PM
maybe post a link?

said in the first post im at work and i cant and asked someone too...dick

pedrofan45
03-14-2013, 01:17 PM
I'd say Jones did it on purpose

mnatiq
03-14-2013, 01:20 PM
He walked stopped but his hands up to block the shot n then Kobe is in the air. HE THEN WALKS towards/under Kobe.

That's dirty

Kobe2324
03-14-2013, 01:22 PM
It was Dirty in the sense he got underneath him for sure...

mjt20mik
03-14-2013, 01:23 PM
The only thing that frustrates me in this case was that kobe was fading away, and Jones still got underneath him. I could understand it being a mistake if he went straight up, but if the player is fading away, it takes a lot to get your body and legs underneath him.

mnatiq
03-14-2013, 01:23 PM

None the less jones stopped, put his hands up and then walked under him. Contact with his leg or not, jones walked under him. That's dirty

ManRam
03-14-2013, 01:39 PM
He walked stopped but his hands up to block the shot n then Kobe is in the air. HE THEN WALKS towards/under Kobe.

That's dirty

What is this "walked stopped but his hands up" stuff? He didn't walk into him; he was jumping to contest the shot and put his hands up to get a hand in his face. Kobe did a step back, hence Dahntay having to jump towards Kobe. There's nothing wrong with that though. It was a great move by Kobe to get separation...but Jones still was able to contest.

The only thing that would be dirty IMO is if after he landed he moved in towards Kobe (it's debatable), or jumped excessively in (that's ticky-tacky). I'm still on the fence on that, especially since the contact was initiated by Kobe's leg kick, and it seemed it's that that originally gets him off balance.

I still don't think intent, but I'm on the fence as to whether or not it was reckless.

It was more of a fluke injury than some heinous, malicious and pre-mediated attack...which is what it sounds like people are accusing this of. It sucks, a lot...and hopefully Kobe is fine. But if this were any two other players no one would be thinking twice about it :shrug:

HouRealCoach
03-14-2013, 01:45 PM
It wasn't dirty.. He was trying to crowd Kobe's space to make the shot difficult & his team won because he did that

whitemamba33
03-14-2013, 01:47 PM
Seems obvious to me that he made a conscious effort to get underneath Kobe. There's no reason to be moving his feet that far toward Kobe at that point in the shot. You can argue who started the contact and talk leg kicks if you want, but anytime a player gets underneath a shooter like that and doesn't give him enough room to come down safely it's a dirty play in my books.

LAKERMANIA
03-14-2013, 01:49 PM
well, anytime a defender contests a shot and ends up being under the shooter, many view it as possibly dirty. I didn't see that at all.

You're not supposed to be UNDER a shooter when you're defending. Ever. It's an unwritten rule of defending.. You can have a hand in his face and be close to his body but there's no need in putting your foot intentionally where he is supposed to land.. Come on man..

jerellh528
03-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Yes, it was absolutely dirty. If any of you have played basketball before you know this was a dirty play just based on the physics of it. There's no reason a defender should wind up under a player on a fadeaway like the one Kobe took. Also if you watched closely you can see the defenders head look briefly to where Kobe was going to land and place his foot there. So dirty.

bluefire7002
03-14-2013, 01:55 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2316559/kobehurt3.gif

Jones lands, and still takes a step in under Kobe with his right leg, before Kobe even lands... How is that NOT a foul?????

jerellh528
03-14-2013, 01:56 PM

Oh stop. C'mon dude.

mikekhelxD
03-14-2013, 01:57 PM
It wasn't dirty.. He was trying to crowd Kobe's space to make the shot difficult & his team won because he did that

Why will he step in even after the shot has been released?

jerellh528
03-14-2013, 02:01 PM
To everyone saying this is not a dirty play. Open your eyes, anybody who has ever put a ball through a hoop knows this was intentional. If we replaced kobe in this play with any other player than it's a dirty play 10/10 times, but since the hate for kobe is so thick in this forum, it's not a dirty play? cmon.

WVNowitzki
03-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Wasn't dirty AND espn went to Bruce Bowen for an opinion on this on sportscenter. Lol the irony!

pacman16
03-14-2013, 02:02 PM
he just a bit to get in his face for a fade away.... a game on the line shot.... he wasn't even looking at kobe as he landed... def a fluke injury, no way was it intentional or he could have done it anytime during the game.

jerellh528
03-14-2013, 02:04 PM
he just a bit to get in his face for a fade away.... a game on the line shot.... he wasn't even looking at kobe as he landed... def a fluke injury, no way was it intentional or he could have done it anytime during the game.

So dumb. He was watching where kobe was going to land while he was in the air, then he undercuts him and turns to the basket late as to make it seem unintentional. jesus man, do you still believe in santa? Either that or im sure you have never stepped foot on a court before.

JesusNYY_Savior
03-14-2013, 02:04 PM
100% dirty

LOOTERX9
03-14-2013, 02:10 PM
100% dirty

oh boy, here we go. We don't need anymore rules put in place to make playing defense even more impossible. i hate watching refs blow their whistles all game for ticky tac stuff already. NO MORE RULES PLEASE NBA!!!!

ManRam
03-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Yes, it was absolutely dirty. If any of you have played basketball before you know this was a dirty play just based on the physics of it. There's no reason a defender should wind up under a player on a fadeaway like the one Kobe took. Also if you watched closely you can see the defenders head look briefly to where Kobe was going to land and place his foot there. So dirty.

If there's EVER a time someone should be jumping TOWARDS someone it's when defending a step back fadeaway. The defender is moving backwards, then all of a sudden has to change direction and move forward to contest. You HAVE to jump towards the player in that situation; you can't just jump straight up.

jerellh528
03-14-2013, 02:14 PM
oh boy, here we go. We don't need anymore rules put in place to make playing defense even more impossible. i hate watching refs blow their whistles all game for ticky tac stuff already. NO MORE RULES PLEASE NBA!!!!

That would hold true if this was defense, it was not. It was an intentional dirty play, as most should realize.

mdm692
03-14-2013, 02:15 PM
I wish someone would actually injury Kobe on purpose and tear his ACL so he can have something to actually ***** about. He is such a diva like Dwight and always exaggerates in regards to injuries so people think he is some kind of superman. Even in his late 30's he still wants all the spotlight.

ManRam
03-14-2013, 02:18 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2316559/kobehurt3.gif

Jones lands, and still takes a step in under Kobe with his right leg, before Kobe even lands... How is that NOT a foul?????

I'm not sure anyone thinks it wasn't a foul. It certainly was.

jerellh528
03-14-2013, 02:19 PM
I wish someone would actually injury Kobe on purpose and tear his ACL so he can have something to actually ***** about. He is such a diva like Dwight and always exaggerates in regards to injuries so people think he is some kind of superman. Even in his late 30's he still wants all the spotlight.

Wishing an injury on someone? Wow. Way to go man. :clap:

NewEraFt.ET12
03-14-2013, 02:21 PM
This play happens 3-4 times EVERY game. Sometimes it is a foul, sometimes it isn't (It is a foul by the book). We're talking about it being dirty??? LOL

ManRam
03-14-2013, 02:24 PM

:sigh:

Come on dude. Kobe does play up his injuries slightly, but never stuff like this. And if anything I think it's always been used as a motivational tactic for both himself and his team. There's nothing wrong with that. But wishing serious injury upon someone for perhaps tiny embellishments is stupid.

It's pretty obvious he's legit hurt. It could be a simple sprain, or a serious one. We don't know: but it's obvious he was hurt big time.

Byronicle
03-14-2013, 02:27 PM
seems every defensive player that faces off against Kobe hates him

Bowen, Bell, Jones,...etc

mdm692
03-14-2013, 02:33 PM
:sigh:

Come on dude. Kobe does play up his injuries slightly, but never stuff like this. And if anything I think it's always been used as a motivational tactic for both himself and his team. There's nothing wrong with that. But wishing serious injury upon someone for perhaps tiny embellishments is stupid.

It's pretty obvious he's legit hurt. It could be a simple sprain, or a serious one. We don't know: but it's obvious he was hurt big time.

You mean like how he always claims he is "seriously" hurt and misses 5 games at most if any. If you need to hype an injury to motivate his team then there is something wrong with his team. Obviously wishing an injury is me overreacting but honestly does he need to hype every single on of his injuries?

mdm692
03-14-2013, 02:34 PM
This play happens 3-4 times EVERY game. Sometimes it is a foul, sometimes it isn't (It is a foul by the book). We're talking about it being dirty??? LOL

It's Kobe anytime people get in his breathing space it's an injury in his opinion.

mdm692
03-14-2013, 02:35 PM
Wishing an injury on someone? Wow. Way to go man. :clap:

Welcome to the NBA forum. Hey remember when the Lakers fans were justifying the MWP elbow on Harden and saying he deserved it? Way to go guys :clap:.

SlimKid
03-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Not dirty, A foul? sure. It's only dirty to some because it happened to Kobe. This would be a non-issue if it was some role player.

Saad
03-14-2013, 02:48 PM
You mean like how he always claims he is "seriously" hurt and misses 5 games at most if any. If you need to hype an injury to motivate his team then there is something wrong with his team. Obviously wishing an injury is me overreacting but honestly does he need to hype every single on of his injuries?

Lmfao you are honestly one of the worst and biggest trolls I have ever seen. He "claims" its serious? Are you kidding me? Please find me a quote where KOBE says his injury is serious. In the post game interview he says "I dont know" when asked anything about the injury. The doctors are the ones that said it was a SEVERE ankle sprain. And please show me another one of his injuries that he's "hyped up". Kobe almost never misses games due to injury, thats why when he does, the MEDIA hypes it up as something way serious. I have never seen someone with that many posts be THIS ignorant lmfao.

GREATNESS ONE
03-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Dirty. Please.

Rain City
03-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Not dirty, A foul? sure. It's only dirty to some because it happened to Kobe. This would be a non-issue if it was some role player.

:bs:

i dont even like kobe but it was dirty. undercutting doesnt look flagrant but anyone who has played basketball knows taking away someones landing space is a discreet way to try to hurt somebody. Dirty and cowardly play by jones. im surprised he made it out alive.

Money_23
03-14-2013, 02:50 PM

calm down. Why do you wish to hurt someone you don't even know?

mdm692
03-14-2013, 02:58 PM
Lmfao you are honestly one of the worst and biggest trolls I have ever seen. He "claims" its serious? Are you kidding me? Please find me a quote where KOBE says his injury is serious. In the post game interview he says "I dont know" when asked anything about the injury. The doctors are the ones that said it was a SEVERE ankle sprain. And please show me another one of his injuries that he's "hyped up". Kobe almost never misses games due to injury, thats why when he does, the MEDIA hypes it up as something way serious. I have never seen someone with that many posts be THIS ignorant lmfao.

Then you are either a Lakers fan or don't watch basketball at all. I guess I'm a troll because Kobe is a drama queen and all the Kobe nut huggers deny it. Not only that but he is a hypocrite too. Nobody is denying his greatness at playing ball but if you get offended at the truth then GTFO.

Here's a nice video of some of Kobes greatest "Hits!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgkN0-bLrus

...and this story about what Kobe did to.......Dahnty Jones!

During Game Two of the Western Conference Finals—which this writer happens to think the Nuggets will win in six—a particular play sticks out as being yet another in a long line of dirty plays that goes completely without comment.

Everyone always talks about how dirty guys like Bill Laimbeer or Bruce Bowen or Robert Horry are/were. There are certainly parties who say the same about Bryant, but his skill set is such that it largely overshadows his pervasive filthiness.

Case in point: On a Carmelo Anthony miss from 26 feet, Bryant violently pushed Dahntay Jones with two hands from behind to throw Jones out of bounds and get the rebound. He turned, dribbled, and fed the breaking Trevor Ariza down court for a lay-up to go up 70-64 with 5:09 to go in the third.

On the push, Jones went flying out of bounds, out of control. When Mike Breen & Co. were breaking down the play in replay, not one person—not Mike Breen, not Jeff Van Gundy, not Mark Jackson—mentioned the fact that Kobe committed the loose ball foul.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/181062-kobe-bryant-dirty-player-or-dirtiest-player

Seriously, this is too easy - F Kobe, he deserves everything he gets. GO NUGGETS!

Money_23
03-14-2013, 02:59 PM
sees a picture of Kobe's swollen ankle*

mdm692: "Kobe's a diva, a drama queen, over exaggerating the injury for the spotlight."

:laugh2:

Saad
03-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Then you are either a Lakers fan or don't watch basketball at all. I guess I'm a troll because Kobe is a drama queen and all the Kobe nut huggers deny it. Not only that but he is a hypocrite too. Nobody is denying his greatness at playing ball but if you get offended at the truth then GTFO.

So your opinions are the truth? I dont think it works that way. Its YOUR opinion that hes a "drama queen" its YOUR opinion that he "hypes up his injuries" these arent facts nor truths. And your opinions are in the VAST minority which is why you might think about changing them. Kobe never called out Jones for "intentionally fouling him" or anything. He even says to the media that "he doesnt want to put that on someone". So how is he a hypocrite? I mean I'm backing up my points with actual media quotes, while you are claiming your opinions to be truths :confused:

mdm692
03-14-2013, 03:03 PM
So your opinions are the truth? I dont think it works that way. Its YOUR opinion that hes a "drama queen" its YOUR opinion that he "hypes up his injuries" these arent facts nor truths. And your opinions are in the VAST minority which is why you might think about changing them. Kobe never called out Jones for "intentionally fouling him" or anything. He even says to the media that "he doesnt want to put that on someone". So how is he a hypocrite? I mean I'm backing up my points with actual media quotes, while you are claiming your opinions to be truths :confused:
Links?? Additionally what is he supposed to do call him out :laugh:.

Money_23
03-14-2013, 03:04 PM

http://i47.tinypic.com/2e3u6o6.jpg

he's overplaying the injury? :laugh2:

IKnowHoops
03-14-2013, 03:07 PM
That was dirty. That was a B.S. play. You dont get underneath someone like that. His explanation even made him look worse. Kobe has slapped his share of people in a dirty way too. But getting underneath people is the sly way of being dirty. Dante is a piece of garbage. When someones nuts are sliding down your shoulder, your too close.

mdm692
03-14-2013, 03:08 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/2e3u6o6.jpg

he's overplaying the injury? :laugh2:

I saw the picture lol. What do you want a cookie? I think everybody that has played basketball at one point has had a sprained ankle, severity varies, it's not like he tore an ACL or his Achilles.

SportsFanatic10
03-14-2013, 03:09 PM

that's what i saw too. kobe could of been called for an offensive foul for kicking his leg out. it sucks he got hurt and obviously plenty of lakers fans will be mad, but it's not the defenders fault imo.

Saad
03-14-2013, 03:09 PM

http://www.twcsportsnet.com/videos/2013/03/13/kobe-bryant-postgame-injury-interview-031313
Link to the post game interview

At least try not to make it so obvious that you are trolling dude. You cant even respond to a majority of my points. You are just picking and choosing ones that you feel like you have a chance at disproving.

Money_23
03-14-2013, 03:10 PM
I saw the picture lol. What do you want a cookie? I think everybody that has played basketball at one point has had a sprained ankle, severity varies, it's not like he tore an ACL or his Achilles.

so that's why you dog on him? Why call him a diva?

Saad
03-14-2013, 03:14 PM

He's just trolling dude. No point in responding to him. He has his own weird doesn't make any sense opinion, and everyone who doesnt agree with him are Kobe-NutHuggers.

bluefire7002
03-14-2013, 03:16 PM
He's just trolling dude. No point in responding to him. He has his own weird doesn't make any sense opinion, and everyone who doesnt agree with him are Kobe-NutHuggers.

Lmao... he's pretty much calling Kobe a diva because he hasn't torn his ACL :laugh2:

Nick O
03-14-2013, 03:16 PM
it didnt look intentional.... if it wasnt a guy who had a history with kobe i dont think it would have even been brought up.. jones doesnt have the best rep .. so its a little questionable ... but it looked like an accident

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-14-2013, 03:19 PM

God damn hawkeye. Will you ever not go against Kobe in a debate? If this was Lebron you would be very upset. Dante is a notorious pos.

mdm692
03-14-2013, 03:23 PM
http://www.twcsportsnet.com/videos/2013/03/13/kobe-bryant-postgame-injury-interview-031313
Link to the post game interview

At least try not to make it so obvious that you are trolling dude. You cant even respond to a majority of my points. You are just picking and choosing ones that you feel like you have a chance at disproving.

What points? Oh you mean your opinion right? You are just butt hurt that I call Kobe a diva because he likes exaggerate his injuries, whether it be him or the media. And then you come back with the most ******** answer "Kobe never called out Jones for 'intentionally fouling him' or anything". What the **** do you expect him to do? You want him to say "yeah he fouled me, he dirty"? He is an NBA superstar some random person on PSD hiding behind their computer screen who calls out anybody that disagrees with him. He is a millionaire and has no need to point fingers at anybody specially when the play occurred just in the moment of the game.

Oh and actually Kobe just hinted at "foul play". Take it how you will but take off the homer glasses first.

https://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/312282108016070656

mdm692
03-14-2013, 03:24 PM

No because he is know for hyping his injuries.

SteBO
03-14-2013, 03:26 PM
My thoughts as well.

mdm692
03-14-2013, 03:26 PM

Yes I have my own weird opinion because in the flow of the game Kobe unintentionally got hurt yet everyone wants to lynch Jones, when Kobe started their beef to begin with, and Kobe likes to exaggerate a bit.

bluefire7002
03-14-2013, 03:27 PM

I don't get how Kobe is hyping his injury?? He obviously sprained his ankle, he was asked about during post-game interviews and answered the reporters questions. He then sent a pic to his wife of how his ankle was and she decided to post it up online. It's not like Kobe is out talking **** on how hurt he is or complaining/whining about it saying he's going to be out for a while. For all we know he can play tomorrow night.

jerellh528
03-14-2013, 03:27 PM
that's what i saw too. kobe could of been called for an offensive foul for kicking his leg out. it sucks he got hurt and obviously plenty of lakers fans will be mad, but it's not the defenders fault imo.

watch it again, you and hawkeye must be blind fools if thats what you saw. Im not trying to be mean at all, but seriously, a preschool kid who has never watched basketball a day in his life could see jones undercut kobe and initiated contact. If you have ever played basketball you would know what im talking about on that play. it was dirty.

mdm692
03-14-2013, 03:31 PM
I don't get how Kobe is hyping his injury?? He obviously sprained his ankle, he was asked about during post-game interviews and answered the reporters questions. He then sent a pic to his wife of how his ankle was and she decided to post it up online. It's not like Kobe is out talking **** on how hurt he is or complaining/whining about it saying he's going to be out for a while. For all we know he can play tomorrow night.

And everybody is making a big deal out of it when that's what will likely happen. He will probably miss 2 games at most.

gwrighter
03-14-2013, 03:31 PM
It's not considered a foul by the rule book but it is an unsportsmanlike play. Jalen rose cites that specific play being the fuel to fire Kobe's 81point game vs. Jalen Rose & the Raptors.

bluefire7002
03-14-2013, 03:32 PM
And everybody is making a big deal out of it when that's what will likely happen. He will probably miss 2 games at most.

Everybody is making a big deal out of it because Lakers are barely in the playoffs at this point, and Kobe might miss some games to finish off the season.

mdm692
03-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Everybody is making a big deal out of it because Lakers are barely in the playoffs at this point, and Kobe might miss some games to finish off the season.

I don't think they will suffer much if they let Nash do what he does best. Hell used this as an excuse to let Kobe rest a few games because Utah is self imploding and Dwight seems to be getting back to his old self so that alone should net them the 8th seed.

Saad
03-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Yes I have my own weird opinion because in the flow of the game Kobe unintentionally got hurt yet everyone wants to lynch Jones, when Kobe started their beef to begin with, and Kobe likes to exaggerate a bit.

Lol ever watch the Jalen rose video where he says its an "unwritten rule" where players must not go under the shooter because they can get hurt? As many people have pointed out, Kobe is posting pictures of his swollen ankle. You obviously follow him on Twitter so why aren't you bothering posting those? Where is his exaggeration? That thing is swollen. Theres your facts right there. And yes hes talking about it being a foul, and if you think it was unintentional man you are blind. Take a look at the Jalen Rose one, then compare it to this one. Rose has admitted it was intentional and they look almost exactly the same. Sure Jones wasnt trying to injure Kobe, I dont think he's that malicious. But he did intend to foul him. And he did in a very dangerous way.

MaloDaw9
03-14-2013, 03:40 PM

Known to who? Now we Laker fans "think" sometimes when Kobe says he's sick it may be overhyped.

But these injuries YOU speak of are diagnosed, treated and documented by a professional medical staff.

Kobe chooses to play through them. It's not up for debate my friend.

You are choosing to believe that Kobe is making up injuries to look cool..ha! That's because you hate Kobe so much it's literally controlling every aspect your life.

mdm692
03-14-2013, 03:41 PM
Known to who? Now we Laker fans "think" sometimes when Kobe says he's sick it may be overhyped.

But these injuries YOU speak of are diagnosed, treated and documented by a professional medical staff.

Kobe chooses to play through them. It's not up for debate my friend.

You are choosing to believe that Kobe is making up injuries to look cool..ha! That's because you hate Kobe so much it's literally controlling every aspect your life.

Did I say they were Imaginary?

c.c.
03-14-2013, 03:43 PM
If Kobe had hit the shot, he wouldn't of been complaining

Money_23
03-14-2013, 03:43 PM

you said he hyped his injuries up, but all you are saying is: "if it ain't broken then it's not serious." LOL

jerellh528
03-14-2013, 03:45 PM

lol have you seen his ankle?

Money_23
03-14-2013, 03:46 PM

then it should have been a and-one.

MaloDaw9
03-14-2013, 03:49 PM
It was dirty and easy to see. Jones ran to the landing zone and stayed under Kobe's feet to **** with the shot mentally. He doesn't have the skill to defend Kobe any other way. If Kobe gets hurt **** him.

mdm692
03-14-2013, 03:52 PM
Lol ever watch the Jalen rose video where he says its an "unwritten rule" where players must not go under the shooter because they can get hurt? As many people have pointed out, Kobe is posting pictures of his swollen ankle. You obviously follow him on Twitter so why aren't you bothering posting those? Where is his exaggeration? That thing is swollen. Theres your facts right there. And yes hes talking about it being a foul, and if you think it was unintentional man you are blind. Take a look at the Jalen Rose one, then compare it to this one. Rose has admitted it was intentional and they look almost exactly the same. Sure Jones wasnt trying to injure Kobe, I dont think he's that malicious. But he did intend to foul him. And he did in a very dangerous way.

There's no way to say for sure it was intentional or not. Many think it was flow of the game(my opinion as well), other think it was intentional(you) and other have suggested it was an offensive foul by Kobe. The difference between the Jalen Rose one and this one is that Jalen Rose played for the Pacers and they knew they weren't going to beat LA so obviously they were trying to take him out. Jones made this play in the end of the game when they had the lead why would he risk losing the game for his team? Hawks are also trying to move up in the standings so I don't understand why anybody in their right mind, dirty or not, would risk getting a foul called just to get back at Kobe when the Hawks are winning.

mdm692
03-14-2013, 03:53 PM
you said he hyped his injuries up, but all you are saying is: "if it ain't broken then it's not serious." LOL

If you can quote me saying that then sure you can go with it.

jerellh528
03-14-2013, 03:55 PM
There's no way to say for sure it was intentional or not. Many think it was flow of the game(my opinion as well), other think it was intentional(you) and other have suggested it was an offensive foul by Kobe. The difference between the Jalen Rose one and this one is that Jalen Rose played for the Pacers and they knew they weren't going to beat LA so obviously they were trying to take him out. Jones made this play in the end of the game when they had the lead why would he risk losing the game for his team? Hawks are also trying to move up in the standings so I don't understand why anybody in their right mind, dirty or not, would risk getting a foul called just to get back at Kobe when the Hawks are winning.

that shot would have put it into OT, jones wanted kobe out of the game. He was beat and thought the shot was going in.

MaloDaw9
03-14-2013, 03:55 PM

No you said hyped. If you ever had any kind of injury then you know pain is pain. To play through pain at a NBA Championship level is amazing.

IKnowHoops
03-14-2013, 03:58 PM

Thats the thing about getting underneath someone. Its just as easy to make it look unintentional as it is to get out of the way of there landing zone. Thats why its dirty. You can always look like your playing great defense and just competing, but you can also always get your feet out from underneath them as they come down too. Dante decided to keep his feet under kobe. All basketball players are aware of how underneath someone is. Ive seen guys leep out of the way so that someone doesnt come down on there feet and twist there ankle. Then you got guys like this who stand there as the crotch slides down there shoulder and just play dumb. It was dirty no if ands or buts about it. Its a dirty play that never looks dirty cause its easy to be into someone, and then just watch the ball in the air and feel them coming down on you and just stay there. Its dirty. Careless and irresponsible and complete lack of basketball couth at best. Actually I think that last sentence describes dirty so the play was just dirty period.

mdm692
03-14-2013, 03:58 PM
No you said hyped. If you ever had any kind of injury then you know pain is pain. To play through pain at a NBA Championship level is amazing.

And pain varies. I've played through ankle injuries in Soccer and Basketball, obviously not at a championship level :p.

TheIlladelph16
03-14-2013, 04:10 PM
watch it again, you and hawkeye must be blind fools if thats what you saw. Im not trying to be mean at all, but seriously, a preschool kid who has never watched basketball a day in his life could see jones undercut kobe and initiated contact. If you have ever played basketball you would know what im talking about on that play. it was dirty.

"I'm not trying to be mean, but.... your a ****ing idiot of you can't see it." If your not trying to be mean, don't imply that the people you are referring to are on the intelligence level of a preschooler who has never watched basketball. Just some advice which you can gladly take or leave haha

As for the play, I think it should have been (was it called? not sure) a foul on Jones but I don't see how it was necessarily dirty. I shredded my ankle doing the same thing Kobe was doing during HS bball and a defender ended up under me coming down. Didn't think it was dirty of the defender then and the same goes for this situation imo.

Also, Kobe was DEFINITELY the one who initiated contact. However, I still think it should have been at least a foul on Jones. Didn't watch the game so idk if it was called.

nickdymez
03-14-2013, 04:17 PM
The usual Kobe haters are in here in full effect to say that Kobe was wrong and Jones was right.

MaloDaw9
03-14-2013, 04:31 PM
"I'm not trying to be mean, but.... your a ****ing idiot of you can't see it." If your not trying to be mean, don't imply that the people you are referring to are on the intelligence level of a preschooler who has never watched basketball. Just some advice which you can gladly take or leave haha

As for the play, I think it should have been (was it called? not sure) a foul on Jones but I don't see how it was necessarily dirty. I shredded my ankle doing the same thing Kobe was doing during HS bball and a defender ended up under me coming down. Didn't think it was dirty of the defender then and the same goes for this situation imo.

Also, Kobe was DEFINITELY the one who initiated contact. However, I still think it should have been at least a foul on Jones. Didn't watch the game so idk if it was called.

A defender or YOUR defender?

This is the NBA man and jones knew exactly what he was doing, he chose to stay in Kobe's landing zone.

In HSBB you could have any numb nuts running under your feet and really have no clue he's being dangerous and reckless.

NYJ - NYY
03-14-2013, 04:35 PM
my sole purpose of creating this thread was just to get an opinion...i apologize if dudes are baiting or arguing over it.. was only meaning to generate convo about it since i didnt see it...i have seen it since and to me it looks like he purposely did it

jerellh528
03-14-2013, 04:36 PM
Thats the thing about getting underneath someone. Its just as easy to make it look unintentional as it is to get out of the way of there landing zone. Thats why its dirty. You can always look like your playing great defense and just competing, but you can also always get your feet out from underneath them as they come down too. Dante decided to keep his feet under kobe. All basketball players are aware of how underneath someone is. Ive seen guys leep out of the way so that someone doesnt come down on there feet and twist there ankle. Then you got guys like this who stand there as the crotch slides down there shoulder and just play dumb. It was dirty no if ands or buts about it. Its a dirty play that never looks dirty cause its easy to be into someone, and then just watch the ball in the air and feel them coming down on you and just stay there. Its dirty. Careless and irresponsible and complete lack of basketball couth at best. Actually I think that last sentence describes dirty so the play was just dirty period.

+1. someone who I can tell actually hoops.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-14-2013, 04:39 PM
The usual Kobe haters are in here in full effect to say that Kobe was wrong and Jones was right.

Yup. Psd in full effect.

MaloDaw9
03-14-2013, 04:40 PM

x100

Very refreshing

JLynn943
03-14-2013, 04:45 PM
Not dirty imo. Dahntay did was he was supposed to but Kobe kicked his leg out when he shot, which isn't allowed. Had Kobe not done that, he wouldn't be hurt. 100% his fault imo.

LAKERS 24/7
03-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Does DJ have to come out and say it was a dirty play for you to believe it? Theres no reason his feet should be there, ESPECIALLY on a fade away. All the evidence points towards a dirty play, and given their history, its not too surprising.

LAKERS 24/7
03-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Not dirty imo. Dahntay did was he was supposed to but Kobe kicked his leg out when he shot, which isn't allowed. Had Kobe not done that, he wouldn't be hurt. 100% his fault imo.

He kicked his right leg out. DJ was underneath his left foot.

JLynn943
03-14-2013, 04:50 PM
He kicked his right leg out. DJ was underneath his left foot.

Guess I have to look at it again then. I was focused on the other legs since Dahntay's left leg and Kobe's right leg were both the furthest out.

Arch Stanton
03-14-2013, 04:50 PM
It didn't look intentional. It could've been called a foul but refs tend to not call fouls at the end of games.

odiz
03-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Looked kinda dirty to me. Not saying he injured him on purpose, but its like he got beat on the shot, kobe elevated above him, and so it seems he just tried to get any kinda of contact he could, and ended up stepping underneath him.

This is what i saw aswell. He didnt make an attempt to challenge the shot. He was beat so he just lunged forward.

Faneik
03-14-2013, 05:04 PM

kobe fan-boys are the main reason why so many people hate kobe @ PSD

jerellh528
03-14-2013, 05:07 PM
kobe fan-boys are the main reason why so many people hate kobe @ PSD

I can see that, that's what made me start to dislike wade as well. He used to be one of my favorites, but too many heat fans overrate him on here.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-14-2013, 05:14 PM
I can see that, that's what made me start to dislike wade as well. He used to be one of my favorites, but too many heat fans overrate him on here.

Yup, and Lebron.

jer3miah
03-14-2013, 05:14 PM
Dahntay contested the shot and Kobe rolled his ankle. Injuries happen. Dahntay wasnt underneath him. Quit crying with Kobe. boo hoo

dnl123
03-14-2013, 05:17 PM

You're such a Kobe homer. Kobe gets as many calls as anybody in the NBA.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-14-2013, 05:23 PM
You're such a Kobe homer. Kobe gets as many calls as anybody in the NBA.

Yeah effing right. Thats a good one.

lakers4sho
03-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Dahntay contested the shot and Kobe rolled his ankle. Injuries happen. Dahntay wasnt underneath him. Quit crying with Kobe. boo hoo

Yeah he was.

ztilzer31
03-14-2013, 05:39 PM
According to Lakers fans Kobe has defied all odds. Everyone in the NBA wants Kobe to lose. Kobe doesn't get any calls, and Lebron is the golden boy of the NBA, and gets a foul call when he gets breathed on.

Wasn't a dirty play. Kobe created the contact. His legs go forward in the act of shooting. The defender is standing straight up and down playing good defense.

dnl123
03-14-2013, 05:48 PM
Yeah effing right. Thats a good one.

I seriously wonder what your IQ is.

Supreme LA
03-14-2013, 05:51 PM
According to Lakers fans Kobe has defied all odds. Everyone in the NBA wants Kobe to lose. Kobe doesn't get any calls, and Lebron is the golden boy of the NBA, and gets a foul call when he gets breathed on.

Wasn't a dirty play. Kobe created the contact. His legs go forward in the act of shooting. The defender is standing straight up and down playing good defense.

Kobe created contact? How so? If a player is FADING AWAY on a shot there is no excuse for a defender to end up under him when he lands plain and simple.

I'm surprised that more people in a basketball forum don't know this. It's probably because you've never played the game. Go back and watch the replay. Kobe is already in the air at his peak when he is releasing the shot, and Dahntay realizing he has no shot at contesting the shot, made a bush league move by trying to throw Kobe off in anyway he could by sliding under him. I've watched the replay 100 times and there is no reason Dahntay should be under Kobe when he was FADING AWAY!!!!!!!

I've seen fights break out between two players because of stupid moves like he pulled. I'm not going to say he intentionally tried to hurt Kobe but it's so damn clear that he made a dangerous move by sliding under Kobe on a fadaway shot. Some people just don't know basketball...

Faneik
03-14-2013, 05:54 PM

I'm a Celtics fan, I hate the lakers. Only started to hate kobe after I came here.

Kobe fan-boys bring Kobe and his accolades to every thread...Their objective is to make us believe kobe is the best, I tried (and stopped) to explain them that their actions have the opposite effect.

The more they say "5 rings" and stupid stuff like that, more people will want kobe to fail.

Supreme LA
03-14-2013, 06:00 PM
I'm a Celtics fan, I hate the lakers. Only started to hate kobe after I came here.

Kobe fan-boys bring Kobe and his accolades to every thread...Their objective is to make us believe kobe is the best, I tried (and stopped) to explain them that their actions have the opposite effect.

The more they say "5 rings" and stupid stuff like that, more people will want kobe to fail.

I'm not surprised, nor would I expect anything else in the NBA forum nowadays.

It's obvious that since it was Kobe that this happened to, all the Kobe haters will say that there wasn't anything wrong with what Dahntay did. Had it been Pierce, Lebron, or Wade going down, I'm sure you and other Heat fans would be just as upset as Lakers fans are.

From my perspective, I could care less who it is, I know from experience how dangerous that move was by Dahntay. You just don't slide under shooters and you certainly have no excuse to be under a player who is fading away. Like I said, maybe he didn't do it intentionally but he obviously should be more aware.

DubbyDubbs
03-14-2013, 06:11 PM
:bs:

i dont even like kobe but it was dirty. undercutting doesnt look flagrant but anyone who has played basketball knows taking away someones landing space is a discreet way to try to hurt somebody. Dirty and cowardly play by jones. im surprised he made it out alive.

This. I dont like Kobe even a little. But this is a dirty play. It does not appear to b accidental despite Jones' attempt to make it seem that way. Personally I have had it happen to me 4 or 5 times while playing and each time my reaction is fall to the ground and hold my ankle lol. Half the time it is something you can walk off while bearing the pain. The other half usually sidelines you for 2-4 weeks and limping for the majority of that time.

lakers4sho
03-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Some people here clearly havent played basketball in their lives

ztilzer31
03-14-2013, 06:48 PM
I'm sure when the Lakers don't make the playoffs this will be their excuse. It'll be the Heat were lucky and "if it weren't for the Kobe getting injured we would of won it all".

sportscrazy34
03-14-2013, 06:49 PM
"It's not a clean play. It's a dirty play," said Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson, who was a teammate of Rose, on ESPN Radio's "The Herd" on Thursday. "I'm not sure if Dahntay Jones did it intentionally. But he certainly did go under Kobe and didn't allow him room to land, which is rule No. 1.
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9052700/dahntay-jones-claims-attempt-injure-kobe-bryant

Mark Jackson's take on the play. Didn't see any one mention it.

nickdymez
03-14-2013, 06:59 PM
Some people here clearly havent played basketball in their lives

This is probably the best answer in the thread.

Supreme LA
03-14-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm sure when the Lakers don't make the playoffs this will be their excuse. It'll be the Heat were lucky and "if it weren't for the Kobe getting injured we would of won it all".

Can you just stick to the topic?

Smdh...what's with all the kids trolling in the NBA forum nowadays?

Purple_n_Gold
03-14-2013, 07:01 PM
I don't care who that ******* happened to it was dirty. If he was fully jumping forward I would say incidental he got beat on the play half jumped then stepped directly under kobe I'm sure he didn't know kobe would land on his foot but he knew he was right under him so he wouldn't land safely. I don't care if its lebron durant whoever it's a dirty play and at least a foul. I'm sorry you also don't get the benefit of the doubt when you've already been caught pushing the player in the back while in the air and then tripping the same player on purpose. Jones has done both these things to kobe. Sorry third thing will be considered dirty when the other two were very obviously dirty. It also takes a real low life to wish a torn acl or injury on any player. There are several players I am not a fan of but that's part of the game. I would never wish any player an injury. I would rather have my team play against them and hopefully beat them at 100%. Hoping for injuries is some coward lowlife ish.

Purple_n_Gold
03-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Also why I when there's a simple question asked about an injury dirty or not people resort to calling people fan boys if you think it was intentional. There are many fans on here who aren't fans of the lakers who feel it was dirty as well. Stick to the topic. Not personal feelings.

bluefire7002
03-14-2013, 07:09 PM

Hahah, I like how you're assuming:
1) Lakers don't make the playoffs (when their currently technically in them)
2) Heat win it all

bluefire7002
03-14-2013, 07:11 PM
^Most people on here are Lakers fans that blow Kobe all day.

If there was only a way to keep kids under 20 out of here.

Sactown
03-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Eh, if it was on purpose he did a good job making it look unintentional. I also can understand why Kobe is angry, it was suppose to be a foul, and a ignorant play by Jones which could of resulted in injury, even if it was intentional. With that being said... Bringing up the trip years ago is stupid.. I probably would have tripped Kobe too, he clearly beat Dahntey Jones and Jones was out of position so he intentionally fouled him, I doubt he had some personal vendetta for hurting Kobe

NBA_Starter
03-14-2013, 07:24 PM
No, I don't think he did. All "unwritten rules" go out the window when the game is on the line. Nobody is going to bow down and give Kobe a wide open shot.

fresh prince
03-14-2013, 08:59 PM
Actually, watching the replay again and again, Jones is right: Kobe's leg kick is what initiated contact, and probably what threw him off balance. It was a late contest, but he went up well before the shot was released.
His foot touches down before Jones is under him.

Went up where?? Danhtay never left his feet...I find it truly fascinating that you could watch this video and come away with that take and actually believe yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dS0vEP_AKg

Jones never jumped he just slid his body into the shooting window.

On a fade away jump shot you should never be able to make contact with the shooter without jumping. As soon as Kobe left his feet Jones starts to move his body into him. That is dangerous, dirty AND most impotantly a foul.

You are taught to contest shots straight up starting in grade school. You dont naturally contest by moving into someones body.

fresh prince
03-14-2013, 09:07 PM

Yea cause as Laker fans we always have some sort of excuse?? True Laker fans of which i'm doubting you have ever met. Are a prideful but realistic bunch. If we dont make the playoffs it will be because we didnt play well enough to get there.. That is something that is baltantly obvious. Injuries are part of the game. Plus since Kobe is really a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle he will likely only miss a game or two if that.

We arent the Bobcats we are the Lakers for a reason we dont need to make excuses for anything. The resume speaks for itself.

TopsyTurvy
03-14-2013, 09:17 PM
Plus since Kobe is really a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle he will likely only miss a game or two if that.

Someone send him overseas for some platelet replacement therapy - STAT!

NBA_Starter
03-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Yea cause as Laker fans we always have some sort of excuse?? True Laker fans of which i'm doubting you have ever met. Are a prideful but realistic bunch. If we dont make the playoffs it will be because we didnt play well enough to get there.. That is something that is baltantly obvious. Injuries are part of the game. Plus since Kobe is really a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle he will likely only miss a game or two if that.

We arent the Bobcats we are the Lakers for a reason we dont need to make excuses for anything. The resume speaks for itself.

We don't make excuses for anything, we just aren't good right now.

Green_Monster
03-14-2013, 10:57 PM

This.

kblo247
03-14-2013, 11:24 PM

Is it a fadeaway toward the baseline leaning right? How do you balance yourself on a fadeaway speaking physics of the action here? You fall backwards and your leg the direction you fade goes out. Dirk does it, Melo, Bron, wade, Kobe, MJ. It's basketball and physics fundamentals 101

It's not a leg kick out ala Miller where Reggie shoots a standard jump shot then sticks it out as you're close

Admonishing a kick out there is like admonishing a knee being raised up when Parker shoots a floater or Nash a runner. It's just what happens by the physics of the movement.

Likewise we can't ignore that this is strike 3 when it comes to Jones being dirty toward Kobe. He clipped his legs out from him in the finals when he purposely tripped him as a nugget. He league retroactively made that a flagrant. He pushed him out the AIR with two hands in the back unprotected and didnt try to break his fall in the WCF, the league retroactively said that's flagrant and unnecessary when Lakers sent the tape it. Fast forward to now and he undercut him and the league says yes that's a foul on Jones. In fact people are overlooking it because they didnt watch the whole game but he undercut him on the 3 Kobe made with 18 seconds left, Kobe just landed wide legged while taking a straight jumper then, as Jones walked under him after the contest then. He may not have intended to hurt him as bad as he did, heck he may have just intended to make him think more of the land than the shot like he tried the shot before, but he undercut him on a fadeaway which is damn near impossible 99/100 which is the point of the fadeaway, its hard to block or be undercut

And no I'm not saying Kobe's a choir boy but the fact is he started hitting people like Manu for undercutting him years ago. Likewise he kicked tony Allen in he neck for trying it, its going to escalate the next time these two play because no guy likes guys purposely trying to hurt them. And Rose and Bowen who have admittedly done it to him before purposely even say yeah it was dirty

I'm just going to say that if that was MWP, Psycho T, or Matt Barnes, guys with more name value doing that to Bron, KD, and the like people would call for their heads.

setman2000
03-15-2013, 05:28 AM
During Game Two of the Western Conference Finals—which this writer happens to think the Nuggets will win in six—a particular play sticks out as being yet another in a long line of dirty plays that goes completely without comment.

Everyone always talks about how dirty guys like Bill Laimbeer or Bruce Bowen or Robert Horry are/were. There are certainly parties who say the same about Bryant, but his skill set is such that it largely overshadows his pervasive filthiness.

Case in point: On a Carmelo Anthony miss from 26 feet, Bryant violently pushed Dahntay Jones with two hands from behind to throw Jones out of bounds and get the rebound. He turned, dribbled, and fed the breaking Trevor Ariza down court for a lay-up to go up 70-64 with 5:09 to go in the third.

On the push, Jones went flying out of bounds, out of control. When Mike Breen & Co. were breaking down the play in replay, not one person—not Mike Breen, not Jeff Van Gundy, not Mark Jackson—mentioned the fact that Kobe committed the loose ball foul.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...irtiest-player

fresh prince
03-15-2013, 05:42 AM
PSD rule number 4 thousand and eighty....Please post legit news sources not some fan boy post from Bleacher Report when trying to legitimize your otherwise biased point.

thenaj17
03-15-2013, 07:04 AM
seems every defensive player that faces off against Kobe hates him

Bowen, Bell, Jones,...etc

It's because he has torched them all several times

tmacsc2
03-15-2013, 07:12 AM
i thought that jones went into kobe too far after the ball was released! Foul and a dirty play IMO

TheIlladelph16
03-15-2013, 09:43 AM
A defender or YOUR defender?

This is the NBA man and jones knew exactly what he was doing, he chose to stay in Kobe's landing zone.

In HSBB you could have any numb nuts running under your feet and really have no clue he's being dangerous and reckless.

A defender. Regardless of the level, its still a "dirty" play in your eyes is it not? Sometimes **** just happens and your guy ends up coming down on a defender. Its unfortunate that it happened to your guy here, but it doesn't change the fact that Kobe was the one who drew the contact on the fadeway which caused him to fall in the way he did. I agreed it was a foul on Jones, but in no way was it dirty.

Shocking how this thread has gone... Lakers fans: "Dirty play. Kobe = GOAT." Everyone else: "Probably a foul, but not dirty". I've never seen something like this before:rolleyes:

setman2000
03-15-2013, 09:56 AM
PSD rule number 4 thousand and eighty....Please post legit news sources not some fan boy post from Bleacher Report when trying to legitimize your otherwise biased point.

:bla: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgkN0-bLrus

ATX
03-15-2013, 10:01 AM
A defender. Regardless of the level, its still a "dirty" play in your eyes is it not? Sometimes **** just happens and your guy ends up coming down on a defender. Its unfortunate that it happened to your guy here, but it doesn't change the fact that Kobe was the one who drew the contact on the fadeway which caused him to fall in the way he did. I agreed it was a foul on Jones, but in no way was it dirty.

Shocking how this thread has gone... Lakers fans: "Dirty play. Kobe = GOAT." Everyone else: "Probably a foul, but not dirty". I've never seen something like this before:rolleyes:

This sums it up very well.

Let's move on...

SlimKid
03-15-2013, 12:45 PM
The complete lack of objectivity from Kobe/Lakers fans keeps this nonsense going.

mavwar53
03-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Cry cry cry, if this was steph curry is anyone talking about this?

SoFreshNsoClean
03-15-2013, 01:01 PM
wtf why did my posts get deleted? We cant post video footage showing evidence Kobe has commited dirty plays in the past?

mavwar53
03-15-2013, 01:08 PM
Or maybe better I should say, if the lakers didn't suck balls so much during the early part of the regular season and weren't making a push for the playoffs is this talked about as if Kobe just got Nancy Kerrigan'd.

ManningToTyree
03-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Looked like good defense to me and I like Kobe. If jones doesn't get in his face Kobe can hit that shot.

Bruno
03-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Jones undercut Kobe. kobe kicking his leg out is irrelevant, Jones still placed his body under Bryants landing area (which is of course a foul, as offensive players are allotted the right to landing safley after dunks, layups and jump shots).

more importantly, the NBA already admitted that it was a missed foul. most importantly, Kobe is out indefinitely- which of course means that he'll be back in a few days.

Intentionally dirty? Debatable. Was he undercut? Absolutely. A clear foul? Absolutely.

fresh prince
03-15-2013, 05:31 PM
:bla: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgkN0-bLrus

Nice link.. Mostly Just shows Kobe being physical with a few dirty plays mixed in. Over the course of 17 years youre bound to dish out some punishment to dudes.

Carry on...

BALLER R
03-15-2013, 05:46 PM
It was dirty in the sense that He Jalen Rose him. He knew what he was doing. Kobe was fading away you shouldn't be landing on the defender if your fading away. Jones walked up into him. Dirty maybe, Foul yes.

Auseranami
03-15-2013, 06:09 PM
jones has a history of dirty plays against kobe, so his reputation says he did it on purpose. he definitley meant to get under him, but i cant say for certain that he intended for kobe to land on his foot. i think it was more an intimidation thing, get under him so it will hopefully affect his shot sort of thing. it certainly looked dirty tho.

Supreme LA
03-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Looked like good defense to me and I like Kobe. If jones doesn't get in his face Kobe can hit that shot.

But Jones didn't get in Kobe's face. He slid right under hiim. But I can see how someone who doesn't play basketball or doesn't understand the game would interpret it as good defense as you did.

Supreme LA
03-15-2013, 06:30 PM
The complete lack of objectivity from Kobe/Lakers fans keeps this nonsense going.

That's an odd statement considering the amount of non-laker fans and non-kobe fans viewed it as a dirty play. I think that your complete lack of basketball knowledge and experience playing the game is actually the thing that keeps this nonsense going.

Supreme LA
03-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Cry cry cry, if this was steph curry is anyone talking about this?

Actually, yes. If it was any other player sliding under any other player coming down on a fadaway I would view it as a dangerous and wreckless play. That's just my opinion because I've actually had the painful experience of landing on people's feet from defenders sliding under me.

rockbottom2010
03-15-2013, 06:35 PM
i agree what chuck and 3D said.....so therefore, not a dirty play

Supreme LA
03-15-2013, 06:40 PM
i agree what chuck and 3D said.....so therefore, not a dirty play

Maybe true in the sense that we can't say that if it was intentional, either way it was a wreckless play. If you don't agree, then I'd like to see how you feel after coming down on someone's foot from a fadaway shot.

rockbottom2010
03-15-2013, 06:45 PM
Maybe true in the sense that we can't say that if it was intentional, either way it was a wreckless play. If you don't agree, then I'd like to see how you feel after coming down on someone's foot from a fadaway shot.

im sure its not the first time this has happened in the nba....come on...many people take fadaway shots during crunch time, and definitely u cannot compare it to the 2009 playoffs....kobe is making a big deal out of this

Supreme LA
03-15-2013, 06:54 PM
im sure its not the first time this has happened in the nba....come on...many people take fadaway shots during crunch time, and definitely u cannot compare it to the 2009 playoffs....kobe is making a big deal out of this

Oh I'm sure this isn't the first time this has happened. Bruce Bowen use to do it a lot and even then I considered it a wreckless defensive play. It's a just a flat out dangerous play. Maybe I'm a little more upset about it then most other people because this has happened to me on numerous occasions and even by my own friends in a moment of competitive play and almost every time it almost escalated to a fight.

I don't know. I just hate when it happens to me and so I can't stand when I see it happen to other players in the pros or any rec league.

Sactown
03-15-2013, 06:59 PM
He did him sooooo dirty..

rockbottom2010
03-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Oh I'm sure this isn't the first time this has happened. Bruce Bowen use to do it a lot and even then I considered it a wreckless defensive play. It's a just a flat out dangerous play. Maybe I'm a little more upset about it then most other people because this has happened to me on numerous occasions and even by my own friends in a moment of competitive play and almost every time it almost escalated to a fight.

I don't know. I just hate when it happens to me and so I can't stand when I see it happen to other players in the pros or any rec league.

i know what u mean....ur have lakers blood.....ive watch kobe play since day 1.....so i know how a laker fan feels about this scenario.....guys like bruce bowen, robert horry, ron artest, dahntey jones, etc will always be dirty players....just like popovich says...i need some nasty

Supreme LA
03-15-2013, 10:17 PM
i know what u mean....ur have lakers blood.....ive watch kobe play since day 1.....so i know how a laker fan feels about this scenario.....guys like bruce bowen, robert horry, ron artest, dahntey jones, etc will always be dirty players....just like popovich says...i need some nasty

I actually wasn't even referencing Bruce Bowen defending Kobe. I was referring to what he did to Vince Carter in the past by stepping under him and I recall VC almost beat the crap out of him for doing it. I don't even consider Artest a dirty player when defending Kobe. I was speaking in general about all defenders who slide under a player coming down from a shot. It's just something you don't do. Anybody who plays basketball knows this.