PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony is not a SUPERSTAR!

D12 fan
03-14-2013, 01:24 AM
This dude just straight up quit on his team tonight, he walked off and didn't say anything to anybody. At least let your coach know you are heading to the lockeroom. I see why George Karl questioned his leadership ability. That was a punk move by Melo, dude needs to change his attitude if he wants to be considered a Superstar player, right now he is acting like a baby.

Lebron/Dwight dominated their old team, instead Melo quit on his new team vs his old team.

SMH MELO.:pity:

BBallfan8
03-14-2013, 01:35 AM
He shouldn't have played to begin with... but did because of the pressure of "playing against his old team".

BBallfan8
03-14-2013, 01:37 AM
Melo isn't making the rest of the trip with the team and heading back to NY....

oak2455
03-14-2013, 01:42 AM
Melo going back to NY for tests on the knee, but Tyson is said to be "probable" for tomorrow. We'll have Melo next on @MSGNetworks.

Makes sense now

THE MTL
03-14-2013, 01:43 AM
Melo is no where near healthy. He shouldnt be playing. He did this last season and had the worse stretch of his career.

setman2000
03-14-2013, 01:46 AM
I was there...2nd half chant throughout the Pepsi Center: "Where is Melo?" Clap, clap, clap, clap clap! I haven't heard that much booing since Kobe's first game in Denver after he raped that girl!

BBallfan8
03-14-2013, 01:48 AM
I was there...2nd half chant throughout the Pepsi Center: "Where is Melo?" Clap, clap, clap, clap clap! I haven't heard that much booing since Kobe's first game in Denver after he raped that girl!

I thought it was pretty classless to treat a guy who made your franchise relevant just because he was honest about not resigning there... if anything him not stringing yiur franchise along is the only reason you arent as ****** as you were before melo got there.

jam
03-14-2013, 01:48 AM
Carmelo's a one dimensional ball hog. Which is why knicks fans booed him every time he touched the ball last season. Carmelo's ability to stop the ball from moving is superior to any defensive scheme the knicks have ever faced.

Not surprised at all that Carmel's former team has a much better record without him than the knicks have with.

BBallfan8
03-14-2013, 01:52 AM
Carmelo's a one dimensional ball hog. Which is why knicks fans booed him every time he touched the ball last season. Carmelo's ability to stop the ball from moving is superior to any defensive scheme the knicks have ever faced.

Not surprised at all that Carmel's former team has a much better record without him than the knicks have with.

I ate the record argument... the nuggets have a much better roster than the knicksd and they were significantly better than the knicks way before the melo trade. They havent had more success without melo than what they had with him... knicks on the other hand got significantly better with melo.

oak2455
03-14-2013, 01:53 AM

Really what girl did Kobe rape :facepalm:

Collings94
03-14-2013, 01:54 AM
This place sucks.

Anthony WAS hurt, but he should have shown a little bit more professionalism in his actions.

Even some really good players are *******s. Oscar and Barry were HOF players but where awful teammates. Not saying that Melo is or is not a "superstar" just saying that him being a jerk doesn't really compute into that.

jam
03-14-2013, 01:57 AM
You don't get it. He completely quit on dantoni as well. This is par for the course for anthony.

What's funny as s--- as that he actually had knicks fans convinced that they could win a championship! LMFAO!!!!! The gullibility of knicks fans is truly beyond measure. They're a national treasure, to be sure. :)

This place sucks.

Anthony WAS hurt, but he should have shown a little bit more professionalism in his actions.

Even some really good players are *******s. Oscar and Barry were HOF players but where awful teammates. Not saying that Melo is or is not a "superstar" just saying that him being a jerk doesn't really compute into that.

BBallfan8
03-14-2013, 01:59 AM
You don't get it. He completely quit on dantoni as well. This is par for the course for anthony.

What's funny as s--- as that he actually had knicks fans convinced that they could win a championship! LMFAO!!!!! The gullibility of knicks fans is truly beyond measure. They're a national treasure, to be sure. :)

It's the NBA if you are not a fan of the Heat, Thunder or Spurs your team has a 0% chance of winning the title... Does that mean I have to stop rooting for my team? No Knick fan on this forum will tell you Knicks will win the ship.

jam
03-14-2013, 02:00 AM
WRONG. There's still an active thread in the knicks forum about how the roster can be tweaked so that the knicks can make a "championship run." Straight up delusion.

It's the NBA if you are not a fan of the Heat, Thunder or Spurs your team has a 0% chance of winning the title... Does that mean I have to stop rooting for my team? No Knick fan on this forum will tell you Knicks will win the ship.

setman2000
03-14-2013, 02:04 AM

HA! I guess since you put a little "facepalm" after your post it means Kobe didn't rape that girl! Kobe with his high school level education is nothing but a low class dirty player who happens to be one of the most clutch shooters in NBA history. F the rapist.

BBallfan8
03-14-2013, 02:04 AM
Sir this thread isn't about Dwight Howard, quit trying to change the subject. Melo quit on his team tonight and showed why he isn't a real superstar.

Melo is on his way to get his knee drained, not sure what part of that you don't understand.

D12 fan
03-14-2013, 02:07 AM
Melo is on his way to get his knee drained, not sure what part of that you don't understand.

The part where he walked out on his coach and teammates. He didn't say a word just walked off like ***k it I quit.

BBallfan8
03-14-2013, 02:08 AM
The part where he walked out on his coach and teammates. He didn't say a word just walked off like ***k it I quit.

You don't know what was said or what wasn't...Unless you are on the coaching staff or on that roster, lets not make assumptions.

setman2000
03-14-2013, 02:08 AM

Tell that to Dallas 2 years ago...Never say Never. Unless you're talking about Melo and the Knicks, then say never!

BBallfan8
03-14-2013, 02:11 AM
Tell that to Dallas 2 years ago...Never say Never. Unless you're talking about Melo and the Knicks, then say never!

Melo is the reason your franchise isn't the complete garbage it was before he got there... he carried your team out of the gutter for 7 years and then netted you a lot of talent in return when he decided not to resign there. He didn't owe Denver anything with his contract expiring... crazy how quickly you retards turn on people, I bet Melo was one of your favorite players for almost a whole decade... now you are celebrating that he is injured and struggling, shows how pathetic some people are.

D12 fan
03-14-2013, 02:11 AM
You don't know what was said or what wasn't...Unless you are on the coaching staff or on that roster, lets not make assumptions.

You can't make assumptions, how do we really know if he was hurt? Anybody can have a sore knee, heck Kobe played when he had his knee drained, Dwight played when he had his knee drained, why can't Carmelo suck it up and play?

D12 fan
03-14-2013, 02:13 AM
Melo is the reason your franchise isn't the complete garbage it was before he got there... he carried your team out of the gutter for 7 years and then netted you a lot of talent in return when he decided not to resign there. He didn't owe Denver anything with his contract expiring... crazy how quickly you retards turn on people, I bet Melo was one of your favorite players for almost a whole decade...Dude he led them to the 2nd rd 1 time lmao, that is not something to be proud of, Melo is not a superstar.

BBallfan8
03-14-2013, 02:14 AM
Dude he led them to the 2nd rd 1 time lmao, that is not something to be proud of, Melo is not a superstar.

They won 18 games the year before he got there... went to the playoffs 7 straight years after. Not Melo's fault that the West was absolutely stacked with dominant teams. He clearly isn't the best player in the NBA, but to dog him for not being better than Kobe or Tim Duncan in their primes is a joke.

D12 fan
03-14-2013, 02:17 AM
They won 18 games the year before he got there... went to the playoffs 7 straight years after. Not Melo's fault that the West was absolutely stacked with dominant teams. He clearly isn't the best player in the NBA, but to dog him for not being better than Kobe or Tim Duncan in their primes is a joke.WTF now you are just making up shyt lmao.

Where did I compare him to Kobe/Duncan?

HouRealCoach
03-14-2013, 02:21 AM
I'm a neutral fan of Melo but he is no superstar, sorry but he doesn't have the mindset at all

Becks2307
03-14-2013, 02:23 AM
Dude he led them to the 2nd rd 1 time lmao, that is not something to be proud of, Melo is not a superstar.

I seem to remember Denver in the WCF finals.

Regardless Woodson pulled him from the game tonight, I dont know what the OP is talking about.

setman2000
03-14-2013, 02:29 AM
Melo is the reason your franchise isn't the complete garbage it was before he got there... he carried your team out of the gutter for 7 years and then netted you a lot of talent in return when he decided not to resign there. He didn't owe Denver anything with his contract expiring... crazy how quickly you retards turn on people, I bet Melo was one of your favorite players for almost a whole decade... now you are celebrating that he is injured and struggling, shows how pathetic some people are.

Our front office is the reason we're one of the best teams in the NBA. Melo "could have" done major damage to this franchise quitting on it like he did. Luckily our GM and owner have made us better than we were with Melo!

BBallfan8
03-14-2013, 02:30 AM

WTF now you are just making up shyt lmao.

Where did I compare him to Kobe/Duncan?

...... because thats who he lost to in the playoffs. Very simple concept to follow.

BULLSFAN0810
03-14-2013, 02:30 AM
this dude just straight up quit on his team tonight, he walked off and didn't say anything to anybody. At least let your coach know you are heading to the lockeroom. I see why george karl questioned his leadership ability. That was a punk move by melo, dude needs to change his attitude if he wants to be considered a superstar player, right now he is acting like a baby.

Lebron/dwight dominated their old team, instead melo quit on his new team vs his old team.

:pity:
dude u are a bum ..james walked off the court for years w/o shaking after a loss....but posing in a family faux photo winning ....stfu. Melo was salty he lost to his old team. Part of its his fault. Most of it due to his pg. Felton need to take over and be a real pg.PGS ARE LEADERS, IF YOU HAVE A GREAT PLAYER LIKE MELO AND YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF GOOD,YOU SHOULD DEMAND THE BALL AND "RUN" YOUR TEAM. THE WHOLE FACT MELO CAN ISO AND GO AT IT IS SAYING YOUR PG ISNT THE LEADER AND PGS ARE THE LEADERS WHETER YOU AGREE OR NOT

D12 fan
03-14-2013, 02:34 AM
dude u are a bum ..james walked off the court for years w/o shaking after a loss....but posing in a family faux photo winning ....stfu. Melo was salty he lost to his old team. Part of its his fault. Most of it due to his pg. Felton need to take over and be a real pg.lmao goodnight!

4 POINT PLAY LJ
03-14-2013, 02:38 AM
O lawd

when Melo wins a couple games= best player in the league

When Melo loses a couple games= utter garbage not a superstar, cannot shoot, doesnt make his teammates better

I loled at title b/c people were not saying that Melo sucks when he was doing work against the heat in playoffs last year, even though we lost. LOL @ fan knowledge

BULLSFAN0810
03-14-2013, 02:39 AM
lmao goodnight!

WOULD A YOUNG jASON kIDD/mAGIC LET A PLAYER ISO AND SHOOT 30 TIMES..NO ,UNLESS THEYRE HOT. THATS WHAT IM SAYING. BEING A GOOD PG IS SAYING" NO". FELTON CANT DO IT, OR CANT DECIDE WHEN TO. PG IS AB OUT MANAGING/MOTIVATING. MELO LOSING TO DENVER WAS BAD FOR MELO,BUT I LOOK AT THE PG AT TIMES WHEN A PLAYER SHOOTS TOO MUCH. THE PG IS THE BUFFER/COACH.

BULLSFAN0810
03-14-2013, 02:40 AM
o lawd

when melo wins a couple games= best player in the league

when melo loses a couple games= utter garbage not a superstar, cannot shoot, doesnt make his teammates better

i loled at title b/c people were not saying that melo sucks when he was doing work against the heat in playoffs last year, even though we lost. Lol @ fan knowledge

agree

SMH!
03-14-2013, 02:45 AM
WOULD A YOUNG jASON kIDD/mAGIC LET A PLAYER ISO AND SHOOT 30 TIMES..NO ,UNLESS THEYRE HOT. THATS WHAT IM SAYING. BEING A GOOD PG IS SAYING" NO". FELTON CANT DO IT, OR CANT DECIDE WHEN TO. PG IS AB OUT MANAGING/MOTIVATING. MELO LOSING TO DENVER WAS BAD FOR MELO,BUT I LOOK AT THE PG AT TIMES WHEN A PLAYER SHOOTS TOO MUCH. THE PG IS THE BUFFER/COACH.

why the caps lock

Manimal
03-14-2013, 09:38 AM
I thought it was pretty classless to treat a guy who made your franchise relevant just because he was honest about not resigning there... if anything him not stringing yiur franchise along is the only reason you arent as ****** as you were before melo got there.

Well he should have been grateful to the Nuggets for taking a chance on him after two teams had passed on him. Denver could have had Dwyane Wade instead and might have been better off.

So save the grateful crap. Would Denver have struggled without him? Yeah but probably would have had a shot at Dwight the next season or Chris Paul after that. Or may be Durant or Rose or Blake etc.

ewing
03-14-2013, 10:10 AM
Melo is a superstar. He is also a diva. Sometimes he is more a diva then a superstar. It happens

monty77
03-14-2013, 10:39 AM
To become a superstar he have to prove his value in playoffs games. It don't mean that he have to win a tittle to be considered a superstar as there are player in the NBA story who reached this status without win the ring such as Malone, Barkley and currently Durant.

However, all of them has showed his own level in transcendent games but Carmelo hasn't yet so, he can't be considerate a superstar till then. He still have the best years ahead to prove that a truly contender team can be formed around him.

There are other aspects he must to improve before, such as his defense skills. He is very smart, both in attack and defense he take advantage of his IQ, but to reach the higher level he should improve his physical strength.

Lebron James is very strong and Kevin Durant has a great wingspan, so if Melo want to dare them, he have to reach the same IQ level and ethic work as Duncan or Kobe, and I doubt it happen because he never pretend to be a decisive player in both sides of the floor.

It would be interesting to compare the PER rates that Carmelo Anthony allows to her opponents with the PER allowed by Duncan and Kobe.

justinnum1
03-14-2013, 12:00 PM

How young are you?

BigBlueCrew
03-14-2013, 12:02 PM
How young are you?

How young are you??

SLY WILLIAMS
03-14-2013, 12:24 PM
How do people define superstar? I only see two currently in Durant and James but Melo is a top 5-10 player.

meloman1592
03-14-2013, 12:40 PM
ok...neither is dwight

D12 fan
03-14-2013, 12:49 PM
How young are you??llullz

D12 fan
03-14-2013, 12:51 PM
ok...neither is dwightA brah this is a Carmelo Anthony thread, take the Dwight talk to the Dwight thread k.

Also Dwight led a team to the Finals what has Carmelo done in his career?

Swashcuff
03-14-2013, 12:58 PM

Her name on PSD is probably setman2000

DumDum
04-12-2013, 04:56 AM
after tonight nope

Knicks21
04-12-2013, 05:32 AM
Yeah and we wait until next game where he drops 40 on your teams best defender.

He doesnt need to be a leader, there are so many veterans the two cancel eachother out.

oak2455
04-12-2013, 07:56 AM
after tonight nope

You're screen name still fits ..... Don't need to say a thing :laugh2:

SteBO
04-12-2013, 08:43 AM
We don't advocate bumping up old threads.....