PDA

View Full Version : The forgotten MVP: Tyreke Evans

CousinsEvansDUO
03-14-2013, 01:18 AM
If ballhogs like Westbrook are going to be put in the category of potentially MVP potential caliber players, than Tyreke Evans too, should be considered to be in the mvp category. He is having the BEST season of his career statistically speaking, and nobody even considers him for MIPOY.

Last night something happened, Tyreke shot 11-13 from the field,. Going for 26-5-7-3 with a PLUS 33 RATING in 36 minutes of gameplay. Once again proving that when coach decides to let our assistant coach take over the minute management of the team, and give this shining star a chance to play 36 minutes he delivers cuz he's a pizza guy.
Not only did he shoot 11-13 (85%) he did this against the bulls defense and their premier shooting guard defender Marco Belinelli and Daequan cook. When was the last time a player like LeBron shot 85% against the BULLS DEFENSE. This isn't the orlando magic, the cleveland cavaliers, the bucks, or the wizards. This is the top defense in the nba that Tyreke shot 85% against and blew them out by 30+ points.

It seems to me like now a days, young kids can't appreciate elite players stuck on bad teams. When Iverson was part of the garbage sixers not making the playoffs, people were roaming about what an elite player he was..or take KG for example: nobody ever doubted his greatness on the wolves. But now in the 10's decade people can't appreciate great players(evans, cousins, love, beasley,wall) on terrible teams (kings,twolves, suns, wizards).

My question is this: When will nba fans realize that tyreke has not disappeared, he has gone no where, he has not worsened every year, but that he has actually improved (shooting 37% from 3 for the season, higher than westbrook or drose or cp3) and he is capable of owning up to the tittle of Superstar Tyreke "Reke Havoc" Evans and compete for the MVP tittle?

D12 fan
03-14-2013, 01:26 AM
Go to bed it's been a long night don't you think?

Verbal Christ
hahahaaaaaaa. ahhhhhhh. wow. thanks. needed that. g'night.

LTBaByyy
He's a free agent

They always put up good stats contract year

Bishnoff
03-14-2013, 01:28 AM
The Kings currently have the equal 7th worst record in the NBA. That's reason enough to avoid mentioning "Reke" and "MVP" in the same sentence.

sjbirds
03-14-2013, 01:32 AM
This is great. . Every 20 games he goes off and dmf makes a thread. .o I mean ced.. haha

CousinsEvansDUO
03-14-2013, 01:42 AM
The Kings currently have the equal 7th worst record in the NBA. That's reason enough to avoid mentioning "Reke" and "MVP" in the same sentence.

It's not about the record it's about the player. How come Irving is talked about as a potential mvp player? He's no better than Tyreke and his team has an ever worst record than the kings. Plus the kings can compete against top teams like heat, lakers, and bulls. We are not on the same level as the suns, wizards, bobcats, or hornets, etc.

mightybosstone
03-14-2013, 01:42 AM
Evans has been much better this year than the previous two years, but how can ANYONE justify a guy averaging 15/5/3 with only slightly above average advanced stats on one of the worst teams in the league as a legitimate MVP candidate? Hell, Evans isn't even the best player on his own team. If I were to name legitimate MVP candidates, I could probably name 30-40 guys (at least) before Tyreke Evans ever even came into my train of thought. That's how far he is from MVP discussion.

D12 fan
03-14-2013, 01:43 AM
It's not about the record it's about the player. How come Irving is talked about as a potential mvp player? He's no better than Tyreke and his team has an ever worst record than the kings. Plus the kings can compete against top teams like heat, lakers, and bulls. We are not on the same level as the suns, wizards, bobcats, or hornets, etc.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Sadds The Gr8
03-14-2013, 01:45 AM
loooooooooool I knew this guy would make a thread after seeing the Kings/Bulls score

D12 fan
03-14-2013, 01:46 AM
Tyreke Evans 15ppg/5apg/3reb and he's a MVP candidate?

You even had the nerve to say he is better than Kyrie Irving.

Cmon DoMeFavors quit playing.

HouRealCoach
03-14-2013, 01:56 AM
I like Tyreke Evans & Demarcus Cousins A LOT... I think with the right coach that they could thrive

alexander_37
03-14-2013, 01:56 AM
How high are you?

b@llhog24
03-14-2013, 01:58 AM
How high are you?

You ain't bout the movement bro.

ThaDubs
03-14-2013, 01:59 AM

Hypocrite

hyphy king 88
03-14-2013, 02:00 AM
Please mods ban this guy. He makes Kings fans look bad. Theres a reason why he doesn't post in the Kings forums.

Collings94
03-14-2013, 02:02 AM
I'm scared that there are people out there that actually think like this. If 15/5/3 on a terrible team can make you an MVP candidate then what else can.

If you want to make the argument that people don't appreciate good players/bad teams then you need to change the title of the thread. It's also ridiculous to compare Evans with AI and KG in their primes.

D12 fan
03-14-2013, 02:03 AM
Please mods ban this guy. He makes Kings fans look bad. Theres a reason why he doesn't post in the Kings forums.The Nets fans say the same thing about DoMeFavors, maybe this is his dupe account.

bholly
03-14-2013, 02:10 AM
I actually think he's right.

Also Evan Turner, OJ Mayo and DeMar DeRozan. All right up there.

HouRealCoach
03-14-2013, 02:14 AM
The Nets fans say the same thing about DoMeFavors, maybe this is his dupe account.

I'd be upset if he got banned

Mr.Nate30
03-14-2013, 03:32 AM
Can i start a Bonner for MVP thread while were at it?

JLynn943
03-14-2013, 03:44 AM
Don't let ced's homerism blind you guys too much. Tyreke is obviously nowhere near mvp, but he has really improved. His PER is back to what it was his rookie year, he's shooting better than ever (advanced and raw statistics - he's behind only kobe and wade in fg% among SGs), and his defense has been very good. If we get a real coach, he could very well have a breakout year next year.

JJ_JKidd
03-14-2013, 05:45 AM
If ballhogs like Westbrook are going to be put in the category of potentially MVP potential caliber players, than Tyreke Evans too, should be considered to be in the mvp category. He is having the BEST season of his career statistically speaking, and nobody even considers him for MIPOY.

Last night something happened, Tyreke shot 11-13 from the field,. Going for 26-5-7-3 with a PLUS 33 RATING in 36 minutes of gameplay. Once again proving that when coach decides to let our assistant coach take over the minute management of the team, and give this shining star a chance to play 36 minutes he delivers cuz he's a pizza guy.
Not only did he shoot 11-13 (85%) he did this against the bulls defense and their premier shooting guard defender Marco Belinelli and Daequan cook. When was the last time a player like LeBron shot 85% against the BULLS DEFENSE. This isn't the orlando magic, the cleveland cavaliers, the bucks, or the wizards. This is the top defense in the nba that Tyreke shot 85% against and blew them out by 30+ points.

It seems to me like now a days, young kids can't appreciate elite players stuck on bad teams. When Iverson was part of the garbage sixers not making the playoffs, people were roaming about what an elite player he was..or take KG for example: nobody ever doubted his greatness on the wolves. But now in the 10's decade people can't appreciate great players(evans, cousins, love, beasley,wall) on terrible teams (kings,twolves, suns, wizards).

My question is this: When will nba fans realize that tyreke has not disappeared, he has gone no where, he has not worsened every year, but that he has actually improved (shooting 37% from 3 for the season, higher than westbrook or drose or cp3) and he is capable of owning up to the tittle of Superstar Tyreke "Reke Havoc" Evans and compete for the MVP tittle?

Yahoooooo!!!!! :hi5:

D.O.N.
03-14-2013, 06:03 AM

Beasley? Great? Player? WTF?????

setman2000
03-14-2013, 06:26 AM
OMG - Is this really what happens when a POS team wins a game? I feel sorry for Seattle getting these losers.

DR_1
03-14-2013, 03:54 PM
CousinsEvansDUO is by far the best poster on this site. :clap:

I Rock Shaqs
03-14-2013, 04:20 PM

I love you.

D12 fan
03-14-2013, 04:26 PM
CousinsEvansDUO is by far the best poster on this site. :clap:He's giving DoMeFavors a run for his money with thread like these.

Kyle N.
03-14-2013, 04:32 PM
Yeah maybe Tyreke is good and all but you can't overlook the fact that Mike James went off for 13/6/7 in his last game and the Mavs are undefeated when he starts so he definitely has to be in the MVP conversation. He's already the GOAT so I don't know why so many people don't consider him when talking MVP. :shrug:

GiantsSwaGG
03-14-2013, 04:34 PM
Tyreke might be better than Wade

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-14-2013, 04:36 PM
You ain't bout the movement bro.

I see an opportunity to slang him a dub.

JLynn943
03-14-2013, 04:51 PM
OMG - Is this really what happens when a POS team wins a game? I feel sorry for Seattle getting these losers.

No, this is what happens when CousinsEvansDuo posts anything.

GiantsSwaGG
03-14-2013, 04:52 PM
Mike James and Evens co MVP

sunsfan88
03-14-2013, 05:21 PM
This is just bad....and since when is scoring on Bellenli or Cook considered such a great feat?

The Bulls may be a good defensive team but those 2 guys don't play a huge role in it.

archdevil84
03-14-2013, 05:26 PM
nate robinson is the mvp

Bishnoff
03-14-2013, 05:50 PM

Um, only 1 player in the history of the NBA has won the regular season MVP on a team with a losing record (Pettit in 1955-56; St. Louis Hawks 33-39 (0.458%)). Close thread.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
03-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Lets ask Larry Sanders! Larry?

DR_1
03-14-2013, 06:14 PM
He's giving DoMeFavors a run for his money with thread like these.

And you

Sactown
03-14-2013, 08:18 PM
This is just bad....and since when is scoring on Bellenli or Cook considered such a great feat?

The Bulls may be a good defensive team but those 2 guys don't play a huge role in it.

Actually Deng was the main defender on him, but yeah this thread is pretty crazy regardless, but it has become pretty obvious Tyreke is a much bigger factor with Boogie.

KnicksorBust
03-14-2013, 08:59 PM
Plenty of time left for him to still become an impact player. I have him on a short list of players that have been written off that still have star potential.

D-Leethal
03-14-2013, 09:09 PM
Marco Bellinelli and Daequan Cook the NBA's 'premier shooting guard defenders' lmfao.

DR_1
03-14-2013, 09:35 PM
Evans has been much better this year than the previous two years, but how can ANYONE justify a guy averaging 15/5/3 with only slightly above average advanced stats on one of the worst teams in the league as a legitimate MVP candidate? Hell, Evans isn't even the best player on his own team. If I were to name legitimate MVP candidates, I could probably name 30-40 guys (at least) before Tyreke Evans ever even came into my train of thought. That's how far he is from MVP discussion.

MBT got trolled :laugh2:

The_Jamal
03-14-2013, 09:39 PM
Evans has made huge improvements in his game, particularly with his efficiency. And the guy is still only 23 years old with plenty of time to fufil his star potential.

imbetterthanyou
03-14-2013, 10:14 PM
Amare Stoudemire is the defensive player of the year. See I can say ******** **** too.

D12 fan
03-14-2013, 10:30 PM
How is this thread still open?

Seriously I should make a thread saying Monta Ellis is MVP.

knicks=love
03-15-2013, 01:10 AM
but guys.. CED doesn't think i'm hot. :sigh:

RLundi
03-15-2013, 04:55 AM
What?? Is it true?? Facepalm is back??

:facepalm:

EDIT: IT IS!!

sventhedog
03-15-2013, 07:47 AM
this thread should be renamed the forgotten comedian.

1-800-STFU
03-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Again, PSD falls for a obvious troll.

benzni
03-15-2013, 11:31 AM
I am a big fan of Tyreke but he is no where near MVP talks

Pistol_Pete
03-15-2013, 01:38 PM
It's posts like these that give threads a bad name.

Rounded up, the guy's averaging 16 points, 5 rebounds, and 3 assists. The fact that you would even throw out MVP is insane. When you're mentioning a guy for Most Improved and MVP...he's probably not winning MVP. Argue that he's good. Argue that he's underrated. Argue that he could be great. But you have ZERO argument that he should even be in consideration for MVP.