PDA

View Full Version : How do you defend this stuff? Melo literally quit again

KniCks4LiFe
03-14-2013, 01:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9mtDxKoWDto

look at JR and Shump's reaction. Why was he even playing this game? I can't, talented he is but franchise my ***!

Alayla
03-14-2013, 01:08 AM
Very much overrated

Chronz
03-14-2013, 01:09 AM
Hes hurt right?

He prolly felt like man I shouldnt even be out here, why did I play?

HYFR
03-14-2013, 01:11 AM
How can you be a fan of this team and post this here where u know it will turn into a dump. Smh little kids

KniCks4LiFe

Meanwhile JR is like "yo homie you out?" Shump is like "we can do that?" Woodson is like "I'm getting fired"

How can you be a fan of this team and post this here where u know it will turn into a dump. Smh little kids

you want me to post it over there too? It'll get worse. I didn't make Melo walk out.

jmoney85
this cat just walked off the floor without even consulting with anybody lol

Chronz
03-14-2013, 01:12 AM
Because hes a Knicks fan, not a Melo fan. This is thread worthy because of the mystery involved. Hes definitely hurt, its just a question of it being physical pain or mental anguish.

Max.This
03-14-2013, 01:12 AM
dude, go to sleep man. What benefit do you get from other people on the forum talking trash to your team, our team. Don't you have any pride whatsoever.

HYFR
03-14-2013, 01:13 AM
dude, go to sleep man. What benefit do you get from other people on the forum talking trash to your team, our team. Don't you have any pride whatsoever.

Bingo. Too emotional lol

mdm692
03-14-2013, 01:14 AM
About a month and half ago these same fans that now turn on Melo were calling him a top 5 player/MVP.

oak2455
03-14-2013, 01:15 AM
:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::y awn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yaw n::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn: :yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::y awn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yaw n::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

KniCks4LiFe
03-14-2013, 01:16 AM
Because hes a Knicks fan, not a Melo fan. This is thread worthy because of the mystery involved. Hes definitely hurt, its just a question of it being physical pain or mental anguish.

He's the one that wanted to play this game so bad. And yet on national TV he makes it look like coach can't tell me what to do and f' this team. Him not me. I've been a Knicks fan before Melo, I'll be one after. But I can't defend that type of crap. Don't play if you didn't want to play or can't, have some respect and let your coach who you lobbied for know. No, Melo does what he wants.

shep33
03-14-2013, 01:19 AM
He should've stayed. Honestly why not stay for the 20 second timeout then leave? Kind of strange.

cssdmark
03-14-2013, 01:20 AM
Melo for president

SLY WILLIAMS
03-14-2013, 01:24 AM
If the coach knew he was leaving because he was hurt that would be fine.

KniCks4LiFe
03-14-2013, 01:25 AM
If the coach knew he was leaving because he was hurt that would be fine. If the couch did not know then that would be a questionable way to go.

Even Herb didn't know.

cmellofan15
03-14-2013, 01:25 AM
I don't see what's wrong with fans being pissed off at players on their team. as a Nuggets fan I got to experience this same type of feeling with JR Smith and all of the dumb stuff he did.

but back on topic, Melo should have told the coach about any physical pain he had because from a fans view it just looks like he was fed up and walked off.

AIRMAR72
03-14-2013, 01:26 AM

look at JR and Shump's reaction. Why was he even playing this game? I can't, talented he is but franchise my ***! fake WILL to win brah thats carmelo the man is just a high volume shooter who HATES playing on defense makes no one around him on team BETTER knickerbockers management look like FOOLS they ALL should be FIRED

More-Than-Most
03-14-2013, 01:33 AM
This is a bit childish..... I mean really just leave your team out there and walk off? He again was my preseason MVP pick but the guy needs to chill

shep33
03-14-2013, 01:40 AM
Big fan of Melo, but I didn't like this.

b@llhog24
03-14-2013, 01:40 AM
:laugh2: Gotta love Melo.

oak2455
03-14-2013, 01:44 AM
Melo going back to NY for tests on the knee, but Tyson is said to be "probable" for tomorrow. We'll have Melo next on @MSGNetworks.

Guess he was hurt but anybody who's ever played since he's been back he's looked horrid

oak2455
03-14-2013, 01:48 AM
3rd in conference..... Sky is falling look out

alexander_37
03-14-2013, 01:56 AM
When I said Melo wouldn't even be in the conversation for MVP by years end I was bashed and called a hater.

HouRealCoach
03-14-2013, 01:58 AM
Time for Knicks to look towards the future (I mean the OFFSEASON)

jam
03-14-2013, 02:01 AM
Yup. Time to look forward to Dolan making some more stupid moves in the offseason. Such as signing Kidd and Felton at the point instead of Lin.

Time for Knicks to look towards the future (I mean the OFFSEASON)

broncofangene
03-14-2013, 02:03 AM
All Melo has ever wanted is a scoring title, it looks like that isn't even going to happen now.

GodsSon
03-14-2013, 02:10 AM
Easily the most overrated player in the L.

The guy is a *****.

jam
03-14-2013, 02:12 AM
B**** move. Now you all know why I spell his name with an 'a' instead of an 'o.'

BULLSFAN0810
03-14-2013, 02:24 AM
NEWS FLASH: No player unless DYNAMIC... MEANING A PG OR PLAYERS ABLE TO BE PG LIKE CAN GET OFF. MELO NEEDS A REAL PG. IT ISNT HE IS A QUITER,HE NEEDS SOMEONE WHOM CAN DELEGATE HIS SHOTS. HE NEEDS SOMEONE TO TAKE THE BALL OUT OF HIS HANDS AND GET HIM SOME EASY ONES AND CAN GET EVERYONE ELSE INVOLVED. FELTON IS GOOD BUT ISNT A REAL HALF COURT PG,MEANING HE CANT GET NO EASY BUCKETS LIKE CP3 UNLESS ITS A DIAGRAMMED OOP. MELO IS A DOMINATE PLAYER,BUT YOU NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN TAKE AND KEEP THE BALL OUT OF HIS HAND (JASON KIDD 10 YEARS AGO) YOU NEED A PASS FIRST PG.

BULLSFAN0810
03-14-2013, 02:26 AM
easily the most overrated player in the l.

The guy is a *****.
and someone in toronto knows overhypped? Gtfoh . Get someone to overhype then hate ..better yet who have you had to overhype?

phantasyyy
03-14-2013, 02:40 AM
and someone in toronto knows overhypped? Gtfoh . Get someone to overhype then hate ..better yet who have you had to overhype?

rudy gay ;)

broncofangene
03-14-2013, 04:40 AM
NEWS FLASH: No player unless DYNAMIC... MEANING A PG OR PLAYERS ABLE TO BE PG LIKE CAN GET OFF. MELO NEEDS A REAL PG. IT ISNT HE IS A QUITER,HE NEEDS SOMEONE WHOM CAN DELEGATE HIS SHOTS. HE NEEDS SOMEONE TO TAKE THE BALL OUT OF HIS HANDS AND GET HIM SOME EASY ONES AND CAN GET EVERYONE ELSE INVOLVED. FELTON IS GOOD BUT ISNT A REAL HALF COURT PG,MEANING HE CANT GET NO EASY BUCKETS LIKE CP3 UNLESS ITS A DIAGRAMMED OOP. MELO IS A DOMINATE PLAYER,BUT YOU NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN TAKE AND KEEP THE BALL OUT OF HIS HAND (JASON KIDD 10 YEARS AGO) YOU NEED A PASS FIRST PG.

He had Chauncey Billups for three seasons. Excuses are running out for Melo

Knicks21
03-14-2013, 04:51 AM
3rd in conference..... Sky is falling look out

Best record in years...
Time to panic.

Knicks21
03-14-2013, 04:52 AM

Excuses for what?

What is he exactly trying to excuse himself of?

Knicks21
03-14-2013, 04:54 AM
When I said Melo wouldn't even be in the conversation for MVP by years end I was bashed and called a hater.

Leaves the court.
Not a MVP candidate.

I love this logic.

Asik's better
03-14-2013, 05:20 AM
Am I missing something. Because it sounds like where all going along with this one guys interpretation of a 30 second video. How do we know melo just decided to walk off?

NYKNYGNYY
03-14-2013, 07:14 AM
he was frustrated with himself for playing while hurt....people are acting like he took his pants off spread his cheeks and said kiss it as he walked off

eternal slumber
03-14-2013, 07:55 AM
Balkman would have choked him if they were still teammates.

benzni
03-14-2013, 08:02 AM
what else is new

BKLYNpigeon
03-14-2013, 08:10 AM
Stop stirring the pot...

You play because your team needs you, but if you're injured and down 22 points late in the 3rd quarter. whats the point. I think everyone on the Knicks bench are upset for losing.

JiffyMix88
03-14-2013, 09:08 AM

look at JR and Shump's reaction. Why was he even playing this game? I can't, talented he is but franchise my ***!

Funniest thing about this is one of the quotes under the comments says " PSD and Chronz needs to go suck a bag of dicks" LMAO!

ewing
03-14-2013, 09:28 AM
Stop stirring the pot...

You play because your team needs you, but if you're injured and down 22 points late in the 3rd quarter. whats the point. I think everyone on the Knicks bench are upset for losing.

The point is that your team is all over the place and is starting to get used to laying down if they get down bog early. That didn't happen at the start of the year. Melo behavior is not helping

sep11ie
03-14-2013, 09:46 AM
youre a clown of a fan bro...for real you start a thread where you know everyone will come out of the woodwork to rip melo and the knicks ... terrible fan ****in bozo

He's actually a top 3 Knicks fan on this site. You can't bash on him for giving an unbiased opinion.

blahblahyoutoo
03-14-2013, 09:51 AM
this cat just walked off the floor without even consulting with anybody lol

i didn't see any cats in the video?
who in their right mind would bring a cat to a game? or was it a stray cat?

oak2455
03-14-2013, 09:56 AM
Best record in years...
Time to panic.

Exactly trolls will troll :laugh:

Krizzle88
03-14-2013, 09:56 AM
he'll never win a championship

oak2455
03-14-2013, 10:02 AM
he'll never win a championship

As most players won't in their lifetime guess they're all not any good :facepalm:

ewing
03-14-2013, 10:08 AM
He's actually a top 3 Knicks fan on this site. You can't bash on him for giving an unbiased opinion.

who are the other 2?

blahblahyoutoo
03-14-2013, 10:09 AM
As most players won't in their lifetime guess they're all not any good :facepalm:

most of the greats do.

Rockice_8
03-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Edit

Rockice_8
03-14-2013, 10:22 AM

Cause maybe he's not a blind homer. . . It's time maybe some Knicks fans stop defending this guys every move. His teammates reaction to him just walking off says it all.

Clearly he has pride in his team by calling out the best player when he's in the wrong. It's the name on the front before the name on the back and Melo just doesn't seem to understand that.

KnickFanSince91
03-14-2013, 10:32 AM
So I guess it's cool to just ignore the part around 19 seconds right before Melo walks off where Herb says, "Just go"?

We were in the middle of a blow out, he was laboring the whole time and the coach told him to go get treatment...what do you want him to do? Thug it out so we lose by 11 instead of 23? Would that make you feel better?

GiantsSwaGG
03-14-2013, 10:44 AM
I actually wish we had Balkman instead of this quitter and I'm being serious. Balkman choking Melo is just what we need to wake his soft *** up!

GiantsSwaGG
03-14-2013, 10:44 AM
Now all jokes aside I'm starting to question is he even a star. He's just another Monta Ellis

GiantsSwaGG
03-14-2013, 10:46 AM
who are the other 2?

Don't even bother, he's one of the worst posters who know nothing about basketball

javsvt
03-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Looked like Herb knew he was leaving.......

iam brett favre
03-14-2013, 12:32 PM
As I've been saying all year...this team is going NOWHERE.

BKLYNpigeon
03-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Knicks and Bulls are playing Terrible Basketball right now..

I Rock Shaqs
03-14-2013, 12:42 PM
LOL who's on here at 2 AM.

sep11ie
03-14-2013, 12:43 PM
Don't even bother, he's one of the worst posters who know nothing about basketball

I love you too. I mean it.

xxplayerxx23
03-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Guy is hurt. Shouldn't be playing, your mad he left down 22 with a knee injury? Fluid in the knee is not a good sign at all man.

KnickNyKnick
03-14-2013, 01:48 PM
this thread is more interesting than last nights game. cept when the fans cheered for tacos and the bell went off.

tr3ymill3r
03-14-2013, 01:57 PM
I love the look on JR Smith's face...WTF where this ***** goin? Hey Melo! I played here too, suck it up and play. No heart.

oak2455
03-14-2013, 02:11 PM
most of the greats do.

seriously did u just get out of a cave ? look at the top 50 players tell me how many didn't win a championship

Sandman
03-14-2013, 02:28 PM

First year- lost conference finals to LA
second year- lost to Utah
third year- Billups out w injury

I don't exactly think that a good PG is what is holding him back, but thems the facts.

The problems in New York are about health and depth. Age is a factor in the injuries, but of their top 6-7 guys, only Chandler is 30.

Are there other reasons the Knicks aren't going to win a title? Yes, but none of them are relevant or even apparent when you don't have your whole squad.

Trying to make this something else is trying too hard to hate Melo.

PleaseBeNice
03-14-2013, 02:34 PM
Exactly. Melo is just like most players.

Byronicle
03-14-2013, 02:41 PM
isn't melo trying to play through injury?

wow fans getting at player's necks

doesn't surprise me though, especially since most fans don't play sports and don't know what they are talking about, especially when it comes to injuries.

im not even a melo fan or knick fan but what i take from this is that he knows he's not performing 100% out there, that he is just hurting the team and making his injury worst, increasing the risk of having a really bad injury that would hurt his career and his team.

people need to look at the bigger picture outside their computer screen

Byronicle
03-14-2013, 02:44 PM
I love the look on JR Smith's face...WTF where this ***** goin? Hey Melo! I played here too, suck it up and play. No heart.

no heart? he was injured before the game started

he is shooting poorly

he still tried to play the game, and its obvious from his limp that his knee stiffened up

yeah he has no heart for trying to play through an injury where his knee is swollen up so bad that it needs more than rest and ice, it actually needs to be drained. you are right though, he has no heart

SportsFanatic10
03-14-2013, 03:07 PM
when i first saw this thread i was like "uh oh"....and reading through it, it didn't disappoint. went exactly as you'd expect it to lol.

blahblahyoutoo
03-14-2013, 03:35 PM
seriously did u just get out of a cave ? look at the top 50 players tell me how many didn't win a championship
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Greatest_Players_in_NBA_History
Like I said, most of the greats do win. Perhaps you don't understand the word 'most', can't count or can't do math.

GiantsSwaGG
03-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Melo quit plain and simple. Sad to say but the trolls/knick hater were right. Let me gloat. They deserve it!

GodsSon
03-14-2013, 04:07 PM

And your point is what?

NYJ - NYY
03-14-2013, 04:11 PM
I was there just last night. Cool story though. :cool:

I did that w/ Bynum and Kobe too and a few others. The minute it's about Melo it's like his highschool cheerleading squad has a titty attack.
bynum hasnt played and look what happens when kobe is brought up everyone hates on him and the lakers..bro just saying you make yourself look like a sell out bandwagon fan dude throw our team and in turn make our fanbase have to defend our team and player like a real ****in jagoff that you are

GiantsSwaGG
03-14-2013, 04:29 PM
bynum hasnt played and look what happens when kobe is brought up everyone hates on him and the lakers..bro just saying you make yourself look like a sell out bandwagon fan dude throw our team and in turn make our fanbase have to defend our team and player like a real ****in jagoff that you are

But when Joe Johnson or any one from the Nets makes a game winning shot or does seething good, he starts a thread about it!

blahblahyoutoo
03-14-2013, 04:32 PM
LOL. This is classic. You need to pay closer attention before you insult someone because there are 9 players (not 8) on that list with no championships, and that is before you include Lenny Wilkens who never won one as a player. So the total is actually 10, stooge.

so....
10/50 didn't win, and 40/50 did.
my point still stands. most of the greats have won a championship.

NYJ - NYY
03-14-2013, 04:32 PM
But when Joe Johnson or any one from the Nets makes a game winning shot or does seething good, he starts a thread about it!

ok....

NYJ - NYY
03-14-2013, 04:33 PM
so....
10/50 didn't win, and 40/50 did.
my point still stands. most of the greats have won a championship.

ok thats awesome for the 40 and hopefully melo wins one with us someday...commentators last night said hes a future hall of famer just saying i know the NBA HOF is watered down but still they talked about him being one of the greatest SCORERS to play the game

blahblahyoutoo
03-14-2013, 04:41 PM
ok thats awesome for the 40 and hopefully melo wins one with us someday...commentators last night said hes a future hall of famer just saying i know the NBA HOF is watered down but still they talked about him being one of the greatest SCORERS to play the game

this was in response to oak-whatever his name is who told me to "seriously did u just get out of a cave ? look at the top 50 players tell me how many didn't win a championship".

maybe he should get out of the cave himself.

NYJ - NYY
03-14-2013, 04:44 PM
this was in response to oak-whatever his name is who told me to "seriously did u just get out of a cave ? look at the top 50 players tell me how many didn't win a championship".

maybe he should get out of the cave himself.

i see lol well ill leave you 2 to your own convo ... my only beef is with punk knicks4life who nonstop *****ing and moaning and then with threads like this makes the knicks fans on here look like homers because we have to defend our team to our own fanbase when they do dumb **** like this

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-14-2013, 04:44 PM
Yay... more melo bashing :dance:

NYJ - NYY
03-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Yay... more melo bashing :dance:

gives kobe haters a different taste ... they like the east meat right now.. if you what i mean ;)

KnicksorBust
03-14-2013, 06:20 PM
How quickly we all forget that LeBron "quit" against the Celtics? We love to write people off with these absolute statements. "I know he'll never win a title. He's a quitter and can't lead a team." Fact is that game doesn't define his career or even this season. Last night ego got the better of him. He wanted to play hero and win in Denver in spite of the boos. He never should have played that game in the first place and we paid for it. Now we move on.

Drain the knee. Get healthy. Come back for the playoffs. If we're a 6 seed and have to play on the road against Brooklyn or Indiana then that's what we'll have to do. The playoffs are what truly change legacies. I can live with that and I still trust Melo as my franchise player.

jmoney85
03-14-2013, 06:30 PM
so let me get this right?

in order to be a "true knick fan" you can't have an unbiased outlook?

so basically you have to be a homer otherwise you're not a true fan

lol makes sense

Sandman
03-14-2013, 06:36 PM
Does Melo have problems staying motivated? Yes. Am I worried about it? No.

He wants the team to win and its when something is in the way of that there is a problem.

He makes a crappy situation crappier, but I don't believe he is the crap -- if that makes any sense.

--23--
03-14-2013, 08:57 PM
If y'all don't want him i'll take him for Kirk & Rip :p

D-Leethal
03-14-2013, 09:03 PM
How quickly we all forget that LeBron "quit" against the Celtics? We love to write people off with these absolute statements. "I know he'll never win a title. He's a quitter and can't lead a team." Fact is that game doesn't define his career or even this season. Last night ego got the better of him. He wanted to play hero and win in Denver in spite of the boos. He never should have played that game in the first place and we paid for it. Now we move on.

Drain the knee. Get healthy. Come back for the playoffs. If we're a 6 seed and have to play on the road against Brooklyn or Indiana then that's what we'll have to do. The playoffs are what truly change legacies. I can live with that and I still trust Melo as my franchise player.

That is what I call some perspective. I needed that. Thanks bro.

NYJ - NYY
03-14-2013, 09:58 PM
so let me get this right?

in order to be a "true knick fan" you can't have an unbiased outlook?

so basically you have to be a homer otherwise you're not a true fan

lol makes sense

Only if you could read and comprehend what I've been saying... Opinion is fine have them everyone does... But making a thread especially with the title he did in the nba forum no less is an invite to all knick and melo haters alike to pile on in turn makes us true Knicks fans come to the defense of our team and our player

javsvt
03-15-2013, 02:37 AM
I see it this way, he was really injured. So he came out of the game, get over it.

tp13baby
03-15-2013, 03:04 AM
I see it this way, he was really injured. So he came out of the game, get over it.

I look at it this way. I watched Melo all the time in Denver, lacked leadership, responsibility, and cohesiveness. So seeing this, with the reputation he has, he starts a game, leaves after playing ******.
1) he was selfish in the first place knowing he couldn't play
2) he quit on his team after getting embarrassed and outplayed.

If he had a different rep, maybe I wouldn't think this way.

javsvt
03-15-2013, 07:58 AM
I look at it this way. I watched Melo all the time in Denver, lacked leadership, responsibility, and cohesiveness. So seeing this, with the reputation he has, he starts a game, leaves after playing ******.
1) he was selfish in the first place knowing he couldn't play
2) he quit on his team after getting embarrassed and outplayed.

If he had a different rep, maybe I wouldn't think this way.
See, we saw differently, he has been carrying us this year. Got injured, complained about injury, now we are paying for not being proactive. Tried to play with the injury, and now it looks like he quit. Take a look a little closer, he stepped off the court because of injury, not because he quit.

sventhedog
03-15-2013, 07:58 AM
is it me or a lot of people's imagination is at an all-time high?

javsvt
03-15-2013, 09:23 AM
is it me or a lot of people's imagination is at an all-time high?

Are you being sarcastic again?:hide:

ewing
03-15-2013, 11:52 AM
See, we saw differently, he has been carrying us this year. Got injured, complained about injury, now we are paying for not being proactive. Tried to play with the injury, and now it looks like he quit. Take a look a little closer, he stepped off the court because of injury, not because he quit.

Would he have pulled himself in a one point game?

javsvt
03-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Would he have pulled himself in a one point game?

It never got to that, so I can't assume.

Stinkyoutsider
03-15-2013, 12:24 PM
I give Melo a pass on wanting to come back and play but not how he left...

Guy had to have his knee drained so there's some damage there.

Kashmir13579
03-15-2013, 12:30 PM
Hes hurt right?

He's been hurt since the infamous Celtic game.. :rolleyes:

Kashmir13579
03-15-2013, 12:32 PM
i see lol well ill leave you 2 to your own convo ... my only beef is with punk knicks4life who nonstop *****ing and moaning and then with threads like this makes the knicks fans on here look like homers because we have to defend our team to our own fanbase when they do dumb **** like this

LOL so why are you defending it?

OceanSpray
03-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Melo is overrated and one dimensional. Inconsistent scoring, bad defense, can't rebound, decent passer.. Can't do anything these days.

Kashmir13579
03-15-2013, 12:36 PM
Melo is overrated and one dimensional. Inconsistent scoring, bad defense, can't rebound, decent passer.. Can't do anything these days.

Because of the fact that everyone outside of New York pretty much knows he's overrated and one dimensional, doesn't that mean he's correctly rated?

OceanSpray
03-15-2013, 12:39 PM
Because of the fact that everyone outside of New York pretty much knows he's overrated and one dimensional, doesn't that mean he's correctly rated?

Who's everyone? I'm from NY and lots of basketball players in my park overrate Melo. He hasn't done anything to show he can be productive his entire career.

NYJ - NYY
03-15-2013, 12:43 PM
LOL so why are you defending it?

defending what?

SouthSideRookie
03-15-2013, 12:44 PM
I give Melo a pass on wanting to come back and play but not how he left...

Guy had to have his knee drained so there's some damage there.

Did he even ask Woodson or let him know, because in the video it seems he just said something to Herb.
Judging from Jr's and other players reaction it seems he just left without telling the head coach and if that's the case then that is flat out wrong, injured or not.

Sactown
03-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Did he even ask Woodson or let him know, because in the video it seems he just said something to Herb.
Judging from Jr's and other players reaction it seems he just left without telling the head coach and if that's the case then that is flat out wrong, injured or not.

He could have said something before the timeout, we don't really know, hard to say he quit

IKnowHoops
03-15-2013, 06:35 PM

It happens around these parts. To many no it alls in here. Brush your shoulders off.

DumDum
03-16-2013, 04:06 AM
i didn't see any cats in the video?
who in their right mind would bring a cat to a game? or was it a stray cat?

Givethe kitty a lollipop, Knicks are going fishing

DumDum
03-16-2013, 04:11 AM

Lebron Carried Cleveland for seven years, Melo couldn't carry the nuggets And now can't carry the Knicks. Plus until lebron came to Miami melo played with better players around him.

PurpleJesus
03-16-2013, 04:27 AM
wow, he just left...he wasnt even like "hey coach, I can't go back out on the court, you gotta come up with a new plan..." he just...left. Without saying anything, to anyone.

Absolutely pathetic.

If it were a small market team, the forum would be flooded with posters saying...this guy is going to demand a trade, he cant win with that team...but since it is the Knicks...

javsvt
03-16-2013, 06:22 AM
Lebron Carried Cleveland for seven years, Melo couldn't carry the nuggets And now can't carry the Knicks. Plus until lebron came to Miami melo played with better players around him.
Now we are comparing him to the be best player in the league........you trolls are funny.

jimm120
03-16-2013, 08:04 AM
Now we are comparing him to the be best player in the league........you trolls are funny.

And on top of it all, he "didn't carry the nuggets"....really??

They were a lottery team that got the 3rd pick in the draft. They were BAD. Second he got there, with some good management, they instantly became a playoff team. Trust me, he was a big reason for being a playoff team. It took the best player in the league around 3 seasons to finally get his Cleveland team to the playoffs.

So please, he did carry the Nuggets. They made to being a near top team in the west, a tough, tough place. Lebron couldn't make the playoffs at first and then he guided Cleveland to the top seed and deep playoff runs IN THE EAST. Nuggets weren't getting past the Lakers of 2003-2005, Lakers 2008-2010, Spurs, etc.

I'm just saying. It was a much harder proposition. Put that Melo lead Nuggets team in the east with Lebron and he would have made the playoffs every season from the start (something Lebron didn't do) and would have had deep playoff runs.

And as someone said, guys, you're comparing him to the best player in the league. Lebron is insanely good. Even with people having MVP seasons, Lebron with a "normal" season is still a front runner for the MVP.

J4KOP99
03-16-2013, 11:09 AM
Melo pulling a rory McElroy

D-Leethal
03-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Melo pulling a rory McElroy

The only difference between what he did and what Kobe did was Kobe stayed on the bench, which I think Melo should have. I think this is being made a bigger deal than it is, it seems pretty clear to me hes talking to Herb Williams who motions him to go back to the lockeroom. Woody was in the middle of a 20 second timeout huddle, hes not going to stop the whole thing to announce hes going back to the lockeroom.

DoMeFavors
03-16-2013, 11:45 AM
Didnt he ask Woodson to come out of Cleveland game and Mike said no? lol

DoMeFavors
03-16-2013, 11:46 AM

They were a lottery team that got the 3rd pick in the draft. They were BAD. Second he got there, with some good management, they instantly became a playoff team. Trust me, he was a big reason for being a playoff team. It took the best player in the league around 3 seasons to finally get his Cleveland team to the playoffs.

So please, he did carry the Nuggets. They made to being a near top team in the west, a tough, tough place. Lebron couldn't make the playoffs at first and then he guided Cleveland to the top seed and deep playoff runs IN THE EAST. Nuggets weren't getting past the Lakers of 2003-2005, Lakers 2008-2010, Spurs, etc.

I'm just saying. It was a much harder proposition. Put that Melo lead Nuggets team in the east with Lebron and he would have made the playoffs every season from the start (something Lebron didn't do) and would have had deep playoff runs.

And as someone said, guys, you're comparing him to the best player in the league. Lebron is insanely good. Even with people having MVP seasons, Lebron with a "normal" season is still a front runner for the MVP.

they also started to put talent on the team like Kenyon Martin, Andre Miller.

Chronz
03-16-2013, 12:00 PM

Almost nothing you said was true. Melo was like Denver's 3rd or 4th best player his rookie year.

And nobody blames Melo for failing to lead Denver, they blame him for his failure to even show up. I should know, I witnessed his invisibility live when he faced the Clippers. I've never seen a superstar locked down by such an easy gameplan. So yea you can mention whatever you want, its not just about losing to star teams, he was clamped down by a sub50 win Clippers team that had very little playoff experience. I was a huge Q-Ross fan back then but the way he got in Melo's head made me a true homer for him.

Chronz
03-16-2013, 12:03 PM
they also started to put talent on the team like Kenyon Martin, Andre Miller.

Got a healthy Camby, jettisoned Juwan Howard and the continued growth of Nene, even Voshon Leonard had a decent impact for them with his shooting. The reason I remember this team so vividly is because I made some chump money off them. Few had them in the playoffs that year.

nycericanguy
03-16-2013, 12:09 PM
wow, he just left...he wasnt even like "hey coach, I can't go back out on the court, you gotta come up with a new plan..." he just...left. Without saying anything, to anyone.

Absolutely pathetic.

If it were a small market team, the forum would be flooded with posters saying...this guy is going to demand a trade, he cant win with that team...but since it is the Knicks...

GIVE ME A BREAK, you really think Woodson and coaching staff weren't aware? does anyone?

I'm sure Melo and co discussed him giving it a go in the second half and coming out if he couldn't.

but you're a self anointed NY hater so I would expect that from you.

people act like they were in the huddle and on the bench now

elledaddy
03-16-2013, 12:10 PM

I dont get it, their reaction wasnt anything. They looked for 2 secs and that's it. I hope Melo decides to leave and Stat retires and we go back to all those years of losing since some of these " knicks fans" hate them so much. And you wack as hell for posting this in the main forum. You just like somebody on facebook posting something searching for " likes". IMO, that is....

Sandman
03-16-2013, 12:18 PM
I dont get it, their reaction wasnt anything. They looked for 2 secs and that's it. I hope Melo decides to leave and Stat retires and we go back to all those years of losing since some of these " knicks fans" hate them so much. And you wack as hell for posting this in the main forum. You just like somebody on facebook posting something searching for " likes". IMO, that is....

Exactly, agreed. This is while the announcers were saying "you gotta wonder how long you stay with melo and your other starters in"

get his name out your mouth haters. I feel like thats 95% the problem with the media and these new york teams. All you gotta do is mention REVIS TRADE, TEBOW TEBOW, MELO AND STAT SUCK TOGETHER or A-ROD J-WALKED and you get a million ****in hits.

OceanSpray
03-16-2013, 12:49 PM
Why is it news that Melo left? It was probably said before the game that if he wasn't feeling alright, he had the choice to not stay on the court. The NYK's are already a lock for the playoffs and I'm going to assume they are going to work it out from there.

meloman1592
03-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Didnt he ask Woodson to come out of Cleveland game and Mike said no? lol

I hate you, but this is valid. Melo did ask Woodson to take him out and he declined. You know it's bad when DMF is making correct statements

javsvt
03-16-2013, 01:40 PM
I'm starting to gain more restpect for DMF than I have some of these other posters. I might have to change my sig.......LOL

KniCks4LiFe
03-16-2013, 01:56 PM

Their reaction wasn't anything?

Roger Hines is even stunned. Kidd looked away, Camby looked away, JR and Shump look confused and Woodson looks visibily frustrated.

The crowd was riding him. Melo wasn't going to get treatment that night, he chose to go to the lockerroom on his own. He could have sat on the bench and waited for the game to finish. There is no treatment being done or x-rays in Denver's arena, he wasn't going to a hospital after the game either. According to the beat writers, the Knicks beat writers he wanted out of there and his teammates weren't happy which is why he's flying back to LA b/c he knows they are pissed about him and questioning his heart. You want to make excuses for him go ahead.

I'll tell you one thing we won before w/o Melo, Melo hasn't gone farther than our 99' team so don't even tell me that this is something worth it. He hasn't even gotten out of the 1st rd. Those are the Knicks fans I can't take serious.

"I hope we lose Melo and go through years of losing?" Man **** Melo! Melo ain't **** in the NBA, he hasn't won anything in the NBA level, what a scoring championship WTF cares. I respect the homie's game, but he's as big as a malcontent crybaby as there is in the sport.

Or Melo needs a star, Melo needs a PG, Melo needs a coach. This is the ingredient to continuing a mismatched roster that's going nowhere.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
03-16-2013, 02:11 PM

your a coward, he isnt. simple as that. He has the balls to point out his teams faults and weaknesses. Grow a pair

javsvt
03-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Ok, I'll stick with Melo, and you can go back to losing. Without him, you would not be in position to win the division. Will they? I don't know, but you sure are closer to winning it because of him than not.
Oh, and to your point about needing a PG, Felton, started off well, and is inconsistent. So if he needs another player, so be it, because our other star is hurt, and who knows how much he would've contributed. Do me a favor, go ask Lebron how much easier it is with Wade there. Or go ask, Garnett how he feels having Pierce there. It's not a excuse, it's a fact. JR has been playing well, but he is inconsistent also. So, keep bringing up Lebon, or better yet, go become Heat fans, cause there is plenty of room on that bandwagon.

KniCks4LiFe
03-16-2013, 02:22 PM
No one is bring up LeBron. You did right now. Melo is an immense talent, but like Romo, like A-Rod...weak mentally. And is a fraud. And has been getting exposed this year. We make excuses for him b/c he's a Knick and we went through Layden and Isiah. And what happens w/ that is he's going to continue to do it until he wears out his welcome in NY.

javsvt
03-16-2013, 02:25 PM
No one is bring up LeBron. You did right now. Melo is an immense talent, but like Romo, like A-Rod...weak mentally. And is a fraud. And has been getting exposed this year. We make excuses for him b/c he's a Knick and we went through Layden and Isiah. And what happens w/ that is he's going to continue to do it until he wears out his welcome in NY.
According to you, he did......

KniCks4LiFe
03-16-2013, 02:27 PM
According to you, he did......

according to me he did what? quit?

javsvt
03-16-2013, 02:28 PM
according to me he did what? quit?

Wore out his welcome.

KniCks4LiFe
03-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Wore out his welcome.

oh he's going to wear out his welcome. That's already happening. Management probably loves the dollar his brand brings but there are definitely about faces being done to his backing. Yr.1 1Rd exit, Yr.2 quits on a coach and gets jealous 1st Rd exit, this is Yr. 3 he doesn't produce, there's only a small window for him w/ his antics.

javsvt
03-16-2013, 02:45 PM
oh he's going to wear out his welcome. That's already happening. Management probably loves the dollar his brand brings but there are definitely about faces being done to his backing. Yr.1 1Rd exit, Yr.2 quits on a coach and gets jealous 1st Rd exit, this is Yr. 3 he doesn't produce, there's only a small window for him w/ his antics.

If they are gonna want him to succeed before they give up on him, they sure better give him help, because he cannot do it alone.

KniCks4LiFe
03-16-2013, 02:50 PM
If they are gonna want him to succeed before they give up on him, they sure better give him help, because he cannot do it alone.

he had help, he doesn't want it. He wants to be the star. That's why we're here. He'll attempt to be the star of all stars and on his own terms. His own coach, his own players, it's his way. What do you want to get him. I want to hear what do you want to pair him with. Chris Paul? who is the help he needs.

He had Lin, wanted him gone. That's why Felton and Kidd are here. JR Smith is here b/c of him. And JR Smith is starting to question him. I never thought I'd live to see the day JR Smith actually plays w/ more heart and cares about the team more than him. Melo has an AS center, 6th man and some perimeter shooters. But we have to figure Opt. 2 and 3 for him, w/ little to no resources to get it, why, b/c we traded it all for him.

KniCks4LiFe
03-16-2013, 02:55 PM
they even tried getting Melo some help in trading Shump but what happened? he didn't want it. And Shump being the only asset we have other than Tyson Chandler had to stay. And this is where we are. Starbury Era into the StarMelo Era. It's the same.

javsvt
03-16-2013, 03:01 PM
he had help, he doesn't want it. He wants to be the star. That's why we're here. He'll attempt to be the star of all stars and on his own terms. His own coach, his own players, it's his way. What do you want to get him. I want to hear what do you want to pair him with. Chris Paul? who is the help he needs.

He had Lin, wanted him gone. That's why Felton and Kidd are here. JR Smith is here b/c of him. And JR Smith is starting to question him. I never thought I'd live to see the day JR Smith actually plays w/ more heart and cares about the team more than him. Melo has an AS center, 6th man and some perimeter shooters. But we have to figure Opt. 2 and 3 for him, w/ little to no resources to get it, why, b/c we traded it all for him.
Lin isn't here cause they didn't want to pay him, lets not make it seem like Melo signs the checks. And if you go player by player in the trade, most of those players were not even close to the talent. And some of those players wouldn't have been long term anyways. Gallo, Mosgov, and Chandler , who I liked more than any of those players. Sorry, no brainier for me. Remember, Denver hasn't won anything yet either, so lets not go there.
Who are his consistent perimeter shooters?

KniCks4LiFe
03-16-2013, 03:11 PM
Lin isn't here cause they didn't want to pay him, lets not make it seem like Melo signs the checks. And if you go player by player in the trade, most of those players were not even close to the talent. And some of those players wouldn't have been long term anyways. Gallo, Mosgov, and Chandler , who I liked more than any of those players. Sorry, no brainier for me. Remember, Denver hasn't won anything yet either, so lets not go there.
Who are his consistent perimeter shooters?

Lin isn't here b/c Melo got jealous and Dolan loves Melo. Everyone w/ a brain knows that.

Then you can't build it around Melo. You just showed there what assets do the Knicks have other than Shump?

DoMeFavors
03-16-2013, 03:14 PM
What I dont get is they have this really old team and keep adding older players. They keep getting hurt. Next year they need some younger guys. Should have kept Ronnie Brewer around, him starting he defended well and Melo didnt have to waste energy guarding anyone. Kidd has 2 years left and is breaking down so much, guy looks like he is 100 out there. Looks like he struggles to even shoot a 3 that he banks off the glass everytime.

next year they should actually keep their draft picks they drafted and get some young guys.

javsvt
03-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Lin isn't here b/c Melo got jealous and Dolan loves Melo. Everyone w/ a brain knows that.

Then you can't build it around Melo. You just showed there what assets do the Knicks have other than Shump?
We had another all-star, remember? He is the one with bum knees. With Amare healthy, we were banking on making a run, but we couldnt cause he is hurt. So as far as no talent, we had it, its just on the injured list. You yourself said we have decent outside shooters. I just need who they are.

KniCks4LiFe
03-16-2013, 03:20 PM
What I dont get is they have this really old team and keep adding older players. They keep getting hurt. Next year they need some younger guys. Should have kept Ronnie Brewer around, him starting he defended well and Melo didnt have to waste energy guarding anyone. Kidd has 2 years left and is breaking down so much, guy looks like he is 100 out there. Looks like he struggles to even shoot a 3 that he banks off the glass everytime.

next year they should actually keep their draft picks they drafted and get some young guys.

that's for another thread. The whole point of the vets is more IQ, less TO prone and win now, basically building around Melo for now. Because Tyson, Melo, Stat have 3 yrs. to make it work, when the time is up, it's up. Brewer started off well then started sucking on defense. That's why they let him go and his offense is horrible.

javsvt
03-16-2013, 03:20 PM

DMF, you are making more and more sense. How about this, we'll trade a Knick fan for a Brooklyn fan? What do you say, wanna come to the dark side? LOL

DoMeFavors
03-16-2013, 03:24 PM
that's for another thread. The whole point of the vets is more IQ, less TO prone and win now, basically building around Melo for now. Because Tyson, Melo, Stat have 3 yrs. to make it work, when the time is up, it's up. Brewer started off well then started sucking on defense. That's why they let him go and his offense is horrible.

you do realize that in 3 years when everyones contract is up, Melo will still be resigned and they will still try to win. They arent rebuilding untill Melo leaves them.

DoMeFavors
03-16-2013, 03:25 PM
DMF, you are making more and more sense. How about this, we'll trade a Knick fan for a Brooklyn fan? What do you say, wanna come to the dark side? LOL

Ive said before I root for the Knicks, they are a hometown team so I do support them.

KniCks4LiFe
03-16-2013, 03:27 PM
you do realize that in 3 years when everyones contract is up, Melo will still be resigned and they will still try to win. They arent rebuilding untill Melo leaves them.

Hopefully he's not. If he is we're screwed. An immobile SF/PF who doesn't shoot efficiently most times than not and leads the league by far in ball possession time? that's not exactly a good investment for players in their 30's.

javsvt
03-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Ive said before I root for the Knicks, they are a hometown team so I do support them.

And I dont hate Brooklyn, I just bust your chops sometimes. I am rooting against them now though, cause my team sucks *** now. Brooklyn is creeping up, and we are sliding down. This west coast trip is brutal

DoMeFavors
03-16-2013, 03:32 PM
And I hate Brooklyn, I just bust your chops sometimes. I am rooting against them now though, cause my team sucks *** now. Brooklyn is creeping up, and we are sliding down. This west coast trip is brutal

Well the Knicks did start

Felton,Shumpert, Copeland, Kenyon and someone else the other night. Jr should have started.

javsvt
03-16-2013, 03:34 PM
We had another all-star, remember? He is the one with bum knees. With Amare healthy, we were banking on making a run, but we couldnt cause he is hurt. So as far as no talent, we had it, its just on the injured list. You yourself said we have decent outside shooters. I just need who they are.
Let me quote myself, cause Knicks4life still hasn't responded. Who are the shooters we have, and how come you didn't post anything at the beginning of the season when we were winning about ball possession? Now you do it when he is hurt, and no one other than the 6th man gets hot sometimes.

javsvt
03-16-2013, 03:35 PM
Well the Knicks did start

Felton,Shumpert, Copeland, Kenyon and someone else the other night. Jr should have started.
i meant to say "don't hate" btw....

KniCks4LiFe
03-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Let me quote myself, cause Knicks4life still hasn't responded. Who are the shooters we have,

you actually asked that? Kidd was a shooter, CopeLand, Novak, JR. Pretty sure they were as capable shooting as anyone in the league. I asked what the hell do you want to pair Melo with?

and how come you didn't post anything at the beginning of the season when we were winning about ball possession?

you blind or something. How many times didn't I post some thing. Why you think I kept hearing how I was a fraud Knicks fan and etc.? B/c I kept pointing out what the Knicks wouldn't be able to do. Who was the first one that said we aren't shooting 3's at this rate for long? Felton is mediocore, Kidd was old, Stat love him but he's breaking down, pair him w/ Shump and get something that can help us.

Lets not forget I told you and anyone else how eversince the Roxs came to NYC, teams used their strategy to turn us into a .500 team and wear us down. It's been there, you just don't listen.

Now you do it when he is hurt, and no one other than the 6th man gets hot sometimes.

No I did it all the time.

DoMeFavors
03-16-2013, 03:48 PM
The thing I dont get about Melo is he has the ball a lot, creates A TON of attention, plays 40 minutes a night. And avgs less than 3 assists a game. To make your teamates better you pass the ball to open shooters, look at the top scorers in the league all avg around 5-6 assists a game. Melo needs to pass .

javsvt
03-16-2013, 04:28 PM
you actually asked that? Kidd was a shooter, CopeLand, Novak, JR. Pretty sure they were as capable shooting as anyone in the league. I asked what the hell do you want to pair Melo with?

you blind or something. How many times didn't I post some thing. Why you think I kept hearing how I was a fraud Knicks fan and etc.? B/c I kept pointing out what the Knicks wouldn't be able to do. Who was the first one that said we aren't shooting 3's at this rate for long? Felton is mediocore, Kidd was old, Stat love him but he's breaking down, pair him w/ Shump and get something that can help us.

Lets not forget I told you and anyone else how eversince the Roxs came to NYC, teams used their strategy to turn us into a .500 team and wear us down. It's been there, you just don't listen.

No I did it all the time.
Ok, when you mentioned all those players, Kidd can't hit the side of a barn now, Copeland was in Woodys doghouse, and JR was inconstant at times. As far who I would like to pair him up with, that guy that played for us before Melo came here, he hit midrange jumpers and was a allstar, Amare. But everyone seems to bring Melo to blame, but Amare is the one that punched a fire extinguisher last year. We wouldn't have won, but it would've been fun to watch.
And as far as you being a so called fraud, maybe you are or maybe you aren't, but these post about you complaining in the beginning of the season when we were in 1st place doesn't help prove you are a fan.

KniCks4LiFe
03-16-2013, 10:10 PM
Ok, when you mentioned all those players, Kidd can't hit the side of a barn now, Copeland was in Woodys doghouse, and JR was inconstant at times.

aside from Copeland being in Woody's doghouse which if you watch him play you know why. JR and Kidd are guys Melo boasted about, JR has been a bargain but again these are players Melo wanted w/ him.

As far who I would like to pair him up with, that guy that played for us before Melo came here, he hit midrange jumpers and was a allstar, Amare.

Ahh yes. Sucks he's not here but what do you do? you can't make excuses.

But everyone seems to bring Melo to blame, but Amare is the one that punched a fire extinguisher last year. We wouldn't have won, but it would've been fun to watch.

People blamed Melo b/c he wanted the spotlight and didn't play up to his max ability until the players that helped or pitched in got hurt and he had the spotlight to himself. Amar'e punched a fire exstinguisher b/c here he was doing everything he could offensively to co-exist w/ Melo and it wasn't working. He got pissed he didn't see the ball enough. One thing you never questioned w/ Amar'e is what he was willing to sacrifice for the team, his defense sucked, his attitude was great, but health has kept him off that court and he's never had to adjust so much until he played w/ Carmelo Anthony. But Stat's career is over. His knees aren't like they use to be and that's something we have to deal with.

And as far as you being a so called fraud, maybe you are or maybe you aren't, but these post about you complaining in the beginning of the season when we were in 1st place doesn't help prove you are a fan.

But you asked me where was I. I was here. I'm just letting you know you're wrong there. I've been calling this team for their defficencies and the smoke of their play. I've been there.

WAYNEBO
03-18-2013, 06:20 PM
The thing I dont get about Melo is he has the ball a lot, creates A TON of attention, plays 40 minutes a night. And avgs less than 3 assists a game. To make your teamates better you pass the ball to open shooters, look at the top scorers in the league all avg around 5-6 assists a game. Melo needs to pass .

This legendary idiot troll is actually making sense now. You must be taking your vitamins and ritalin DMF...

I couldn't agree more -- Melo should be dishing 7 a night, but he likes to shoot the 3, not set it up.

Guppyfighter
03-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Not sure you guys have seen the Knicks team outside of Melo. The only guy on that team that can consistently score is Melo. Novak is the only decent offensive role player and Chandler is the only other player beside Melo I'd want on my team.