PDA

View Full Version : Bulls' Forum Mock-Trade Deadline: 3) Los Angeles Lakers vs 6) Dallas Mavericks

Shammyguy3
03-13-2013, 11:56 PM
Hey everyone. The Bulls' Forum had a Mock-Trade Deadline game again this year, and we need as many votes possible to determine which teams will advance and ultimately which two teams will face each other in the Finals. So please vote for the team that you feel will win in a 7-game series and post why you think so. Assume complete-health for all players. Thanks!

3) Los Angeles Lakers
C -Dwight Howard / Jordan Hill / Robert Sacre
PF -Pau Gasol / Hakim Warrick
SF -Metta World Peace / Stephen Jackon
SG -Paul George/ Ben Gordon/ Jodie Meeks
PG -Jrue Holiday / Steve Nash / Chris Duhon / Darius Morris

6) Dallas Mavericks
PG: Greivis Vasquez | Rodrigue Beaubois | Mike James
SG: Eric Gordon | Dahntay Jones | Dominique Jones
SF: Vince Carter | Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki | Elton Brand
C: Joakim Noah | Brandan Wright | Bernard James

Dallas' Write-Up:
First off, I would like to congratulate Bulls Fan90 for making the playoffs. Now I'll get into the head to head matchups.

PG: Greivis Vasquez - Jrue Holiday
This matchup is closer than many would think. Holiday’s advanced stats aren’t very far ahead of Vaquez’s. Their head to head stats don’t have big enough sample sizes to mean anything.
Advantage: Lakers

SG: Eric Gordon - Paul George
Eric Gordon has been injured for more than half the season. But he is arguably a Top 5 shooting guard when healthy. He can drop 20+ on any given night, and is a great #2 option to compliment Dirk. But Paul George is having a breakout season and there is no denying that he has played better than Gordon this year.
Advantage: Lakers

SF: Vince Carter - Metta World Peace
Vince Carter has been extremely better than Metta World Peace this year. Carter has a 17.0 PER compared to MWP’s 12.5 PER. Carter’s TS% and eFG% are .571 and .531 respectively, compared to MWP’s .515 and .486 percentages. Carter will dominate MWP during this series.
Advantage: Mavericks

PF: Dirk Nowitzki - Pau Gasol
This is probably our biggest advantage. We’ll be attacking Gasol the whole series. Dirk has a much better PER, TS%, eFG%, WS/48, etc. Gasol hasn’t been impressive this year and will have trouble guarding Dirk. This matchup talks for itself.
Advantage: Mavericks

C: Joakim Noah - Dwight Howard
This is an interesting matchup. Joakim is known to be a great defender, and should be able to slow down Dwight. Joakim is our 5th option on offense, so he’ll have one thing to do. That’s to stop Dwight.
Advantage: Even

Bench:
His bench has a few bigger names, but they’re also fairly old. Nash is 38, Jackson is 34, and Warrick is 30. We’ll be running the fast break against their 2nd unit and should thrive. When we slow it down we’ll work the ball into Brand. Hakeem Warrick is a very bad defender, and Brand should be able to score at will against him. The advantage for the bench could go either way.
Advantage: Even

Overall: Once again, good luck to Bulls Fan90. Feel free to agrue any points. This matchup is going to be very close. I have a few key points.

*I feel that they’ll have trouble scoring.
*They have no real #1 option.
*Their 2nd unit will get out run.
*Dirk will have a field day against Gasol.

The Mavericks will win the series in 6 or 7 games.

*** The Lakers have Home-Court Advantage. The Lakers did not send in a write-up.

Iggz53
03-14-2013, 12:11 AM
Good write-up by Dallas. it was close and that's what convinced me.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-14-2013, 12:16 AM

How can it be a good writeup if they said Howard vs Noah is even?

VCaintdead17
03-14-2013, 12:26 AM

Actually thought the opposite. Pretty terrible write up. Anyone can compare two players lines' on bball reference

DallasTrilla23
03-14-2013, 12:35 AM
LA doesn't really have a closer. For that reason I pick Dallas.

Its pretty even tho.

Shammyguy3
03-14-2013, 12:44 AM
Definitely need to think about this one

The_Jamal
03-14-2013, 12:56 AM

The write-up was quite the opposite for me. It did nothing to convince me they were the better team and is full of false information.

Lakers rather easily

Guppyfighter
03-14-2013, 12:57 AM
I picked the Mavericks because I hate the Lakers.

KnicksorBust
03-14-2013, 07:25 AM
I agree with VC and Jamal... did not like the writeup at all. I also hate the Lakers depth chart though. How do you not just slide Jrue to SG and George to SF? Gordon is undersized at the 2 and Holiday can D him up. Then you have a clear edge in 3 positions and ... ya know... start a 2-time league MVP. That could help.

Green_Monster
03-14-2013, 07:46 AM
I realize the writeup wasn't the best. I didn't have much time this week, so I sent it in early.

Green_Monster
03-14-2013, 08:47 AM
Actually thought the opposite. Pretty terrible write up. Anyone can compare two players lines' on bball reference

I only used Basketball Reference stats for 2 matchups, so...

Shammyguy3
03-14-2013, 01:50 PM
keep the votes coming people :)

JOhnnyTHaJet
03-14-2013, 08:29 PM
Not sure whats so impressive with Dallas.The Lakers team is pretty studly and has a vast amount of backcourt depth.

KnicksorBust
03-14-2013, 08:46 PM
Not sure whats so impressive with Dallas.The Lakers team is pretty studly and has a vast amount of backcourt depth.

Vasquez, Vince Carter, and Joakim Noah are all hot names right now. Howard and Nash's value is actually underrated at this point. Plus Nash being on the bench is just ridiculous. Gasol and Metta have just been terrible... however Paul George and Jrue both have taken the next step and are legit all-star talents. To me it's a pretty clear choice.

Shammyguy3
03-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Last call for votes on this matchup guys! If you have yet to vote please do so asap!

The_Jamal
03-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Ha, that Dallas team has the same core that Rosh and I won the redraft with as a #1 seed.

Interesting to see how diluted the talent becomes in redrafts over mocks

Green_Monster
03-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Ha, that Dallas team has the same core that Rosh and I won the redraft with as a #1 seed.

Interesting to see how diluted the talent becomes in redrafts over mocks

Yup. :sigh:

Iggz53
03-14-2013, 11:29 PM
How can it be a good writeup if they said Howard vs Noah is even?

You tell me, you voted for them.