PDA

View Full Version : Kobe out "indefinitely"

justinnum1
03-13-2013, 10:35 PM
woj
Lakers say Bryant is "out indefinitely."

stein
RT @LakersReporter: Kobe said this is as bad a sprain as he's had since 2000 playoffs. "Doesn't know" how it will respond/when he'll returnHow does this affect their playoff chances?

siix
03-13-2013, 10:37 PM
they weren't gonna make it in the first place.

cmellofan15
03-13-2013, 10:37 PM
they'll probably be better haha

sunsfan88
03-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Time to watch the Steve Nash-Dwight Howard pick & roll show.

Do you guys remember how nasty it was in PHX with Nash and Amare? Yea well....get ready...

D-Leethal
03-13-2013, 10:41 PM
Out indefinitely for Kobe is probably 2-3 games.

still1ballin
03-13-2013, 10:42 PM
I think this hurts their chances. They were playing good basketball and with the verge of getting Gasol, they were gonna make a strong push to the playoffs.

Lakers have had the injury bug all year. It seems they can't have a full healthy team out there on the court at once.

sunsfan88
03-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Who do the Lakers play in their next 6 games?

Jimmer55
03-13-2013, 10:43 PM
He won't miss a single game.

shep33
03-13-2013, 10:46 PM
Watch him play Friday.

Slug3
03-13-2013, 10:48 PM
This is nothing. We all know this means like one game at the very most.

Avenged
03-13-2013, 10:49 PM
Doubt he misses much if any games... but watching Nash and Metta out there is ****ing brutal...

at least Dwight is coming around.

justinnum1
03-13-2013, 10:49 PM
He is tough as nails, but it looked bad. Not as bad a TP, but bad enough to be a week imo.

shep33
03-13-2013, 10:53 PM
Time to watch the Steve Nash-Dwight Howard pick & roll show.

Do you guys remember how nasty it was in PHX with Nash and Amare? Yea well....get ready...

I've watched just about every Laker game this year, and their P&R has been an utter failure. Nash has subtly admitted it a bunch of times throughout the year. It just doesn't work for some reason.

soundjunkies2
03-13-2013, 10:53 PM
He should take time off until the Golden State game which is on the 25th. They play Indiana Friday, which was a lost with or without Kobe and then the next 3 are against at home SAC, @PHX, and at home against the Wizards. All win able games without kobe beside the Indiana game. Kobe could use the rest too.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
03-13-2013, 10:54 PM
I dunno depends on how long he's out. I see some other people don't think he's gonna miss time, anybody actually see it?

I'll say this. It does seem odd that the media would jump to out indefinitely, as opposed to out for the game, which they usually say when someone rolls an ankle. Who knows, maybe it's just semantics, maybe they're just trying to heighten the drama, it is Kobe after all.

Lakers + Giants
03-13-2013, 10:55 PM
Would actually be surprised to see him miss the next game. He should sit out to get rest and because I truly believe we have a better shot of beating indiana without him. Let him rest a little. At least one game please. Even if we lose at indiana it wasn't going to be any easier with kobe.

DoMeFavors
03-13-2013, 10:55 PM
Utah has sucked lately their scare for them to miss the playoffs is maybe Dallas

DaLakerz Rulz
03-13-2013, 10:57 PM
Utah can easily lose their next 5 games. They have Memphis, New York, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas...

justinnum1
03-13-2013, 10:57 PM
I dunno depends on how long he's out. I see some other people don't think he's gonna miss time, anybody actually see it?

I'll say this. It does seem odd that the media would jump to out indefinitely, as opposed to out for the game, which they usually say when someone rolls an ankle. Who knows, maybe it's just semantics, maybe they're just trying to heighten the drama, it is Kobe after all.
lakers said indefinitely, not the media.

cmellofan15
03-13-2013, 10:58 PM
a severe ankle sprain (which is what they're calling it) ain't nothing to play with

dudeonthemoon
03-13-2013, 11:02 PM
If Doctors say he cant make it worse by playing I expect him to be out there. Interested on seeing Nash and Howard duo if Kobe misses sometime.

*Silver&Black*
03-13-2013, 11:03 PM
I think this hurts their chances. They were playing good basketball and with the verge of getting Gasol, they were gonna make a strong push to the playoffs.

Lakers have had the injury bug all year. It seems they can't have a full healthy team out there on the court at once.

Hawks have played 1 game all season with everyone healthy. We just won against the Lakers without Josh Smith, Jeff Teague, and Lou Williams.

justinnum1
03-13-2013, 11:03 PM
stein
RT @LakersReporter: Kobe said this is as bad a sprain as he's had since 2000 playoffs. "Doesn't know" how it will respond/when he'll return

ManRam
03-13-2013, 11:04 PM
It hurts them plenty. I still don't think 33 shots a game Kobe is a terribly good thing, but it's undeniable how important he's been.

Doubt he misses much time though.

kdspurman
Kind of soon without doing an MRI. But a severe ankle sprain is never good. Similar to what TP is going through and his initial out time was reported as 4 weeks, though he'll be back sooner. I could see Kobe missing maybe 1-2 weeks, but again I'm guessing there will need to be a more official word on what the injury is via MRI.

still1ballin
Hawks have played 1 game all season with everyone healthy. We just won against the Lakers without Josh Smith, Jeff Teague, and Lou Williams.

Please don't remind me.

rockbottom2010
He won't miss a single game.

then you don't understand the meaning of out indefinitely

rockbottom2010
03-13-2013, 11:05 PM

and zaza pachulia lol

DoMeFavors
03-13-2013, 11:05 PM
Wouldnt have happened if they beat a bad hawks team without 2 starters

DaLakerz Rulz
03-13-2013, 11:06 PM

Nothing to be proud of. Both teams suck.

deaner
There's got to be a pill that Kobe can buy to get him back on the floor

rockbottom2010
stein

that was a really young kobe...now...hes almost in his mid 30s...see how it plays out

OceanSpray
03-13-2013, 11:07 PM
I think this is a publicity stunt. It didn't look serious at all.

nickdymez
03-13-2013, 11:07 PM
He's not that good anyway...

richiesaurus310
03-13-2013, 11:10 PM
They have a fairly easy schedule for a bit after the pacer game. They may be able to survive this.

Jimmer55
03-13-2013, 11:11 PM

lol there is.

bucketss
03-13-2013, 11:12 PM

or a needle injection....

still1ballin
03-13-2013, 11:13 PM
Dahntay Jones is such a dirty player!

Utd7
03-13-2013, 11:15 PM
Dahntay Jones is such a dirty player!
This. Kobe also walked off the floor under his own power so hopefully that's a good sign.

b@llhog24
03-13-2013, 11:17 PM
The reports I'm seeing are saying it's a severe sprain.

Nighthawk
03-13-2013, 11:17 PM
this make me happy

Nighthawk
03-13-2013, 11:18 PM
The reports I'm seeing are saying it's a severe sprain.

hope so

couldnt happpen to a better guy

Hellcrooner
03-13-2013, 11:19 PM
and kobe the hero comes after jsut one game to play on one leg to save the lakers with his very very injured heroic power of will and blah blah blah blah

:yawn: ive seen this movie too many times.

b@llhog24
03-13-2013, 11:19 PM
hope so

Was gonna facepalm this but then I remembered it got deleted.

rockbottom2010
03-13-2013, 11:29 PM
if kobes going to be out, this is all dwight howard...just like shaq said...a dominant center avgs 28 and 15

Money_23
03-13-2013, 11:29 PM
hope so

:facepalm:

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-13-2013, 11:31 PM
****!!!!

Nighthawk
03-13-2013, 11:32 PM

take that hand off your face and beat your dick with it

Sorry. what would you like me to say?

bucketss
03-13-2013, 11:33 PM
Was gonna facepalm this but then I remembered it got deleted.

looks like they brought it back

:facepalm:<--

Bishnoff
03-13-2013, 11:34 PM
I've watched just about every Laker game this year, and their P&R has been an utter failure. Nash has subtly admitted it a bunch of times throughout the year. It just doesn't work for some reason.

I agree. I can't see Nash & Dwight getting it right now.

Nighthawk
03-13-2013, 11:35 PM
I agree. I can't see Nash & Dwight getting it right now.

without Kobe dominating the Ball I think Nash can be himself an control the offense and get Dwight going

Bishnoff
03-13-2013, 11:40 PM
without Kobe dominating the Ball I think Nash can be himself an control the offense and get Dwight going

I personally don't believe that Nash is the issue in the PnR with Dwight. I could be wrong, but based on everything that Nash has said publically either Dwight doesn’t get it, or doesn’t want to run the PnR.

Sevilla91
03-13-2013, 11:41 PM
he might miss 2 games...might

OceanSpray
03-13-2013, 11:42 PM
I personally don't believe that Nash is the issue in the PnR with Dwight. I could be wrong, but based on everything that Nash has said publically either Dwight doesn’t get it, or doesn’t want to run the PnR.

Hard to run the PnR when Kobe is useless without the ball and therefore Nash has nothing to create out of it.

reffahead
03-13-2013, 11:43 PM
Kobe has to be playing this up. He walked off the floor swiftly and with no limp at that. Might just be a good chance for him to let his body recoup for the stretch run.

It's a valid sprain don't get me wrong but it's no "high ankle sprain" the media seems to portray it to be.

Free as seagull
03-13-2013, 11:47 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc5iG0THJg

This is nothing for sea gull Bryant, he will fly with one wing if he has to.

kblo247
03-13-2013, 11:48 PM
if kobes going to be out, this is all dwight howard...just like shaq said...a dominant center avgs 28 and 15

But even Dwight has said Kobe and Pau get him the ball the best. They were up in the 4th. It was Nash, Blake, Meeks, and Metta out there with him and they went 3-14 and ignored him the four minutes Kobe sat. He doesn't get the ball a lot without Kobe or Pau who both actually look for him and turn a lot of what could be shots into passes for him.

Dwight and Nash connecting is few and far far between as Dwight picks up one foul a game trying to run the pnr with him and they have been seen arguing before over their miscommunications. It's very weird how Dwight runs a better pick and roll with Kobe, same with Pau and Kobe, as neither big is used to doing slip screens Nash needs to be effective. Jamison thrives with it though

kblo247
03-13-2013, 11:51 PM

You're correct. Dwight and Pau both don't run pick and roll with Nash effectively. Neither big likes to slip the pick.

When they run it with Kobe, they set hard picks and Dwight rolls hard for an oop or layup. Pau rolls hard for a finish or pops hard. But the thing is the screens they set for Kobe are screens where they stand and make contact.

Only Jamison and Clark can play the pnr how Nash wants, ala Amare so it becomes a 3pt chuck fest when he and Dight are together and Kobe sits

LakersMaster24
03-13-2013, 11:52 PM
hope so

Shutup, peasant.

kblo247
03-13-2013, 11:52 PM
he might miss 2 games...might

Way the schedule is set up, he can sit out Friday and Monday and be off to the Friday after. Lakers as playing 5 games in 7 days right now.

Nighthawk
03-13-2013, 11:59 PM
Shutup, peasant.

im hurt

shep33
03-14-2013, 12:08 AM
Hard to run the PnR when Kobe is useless without the ball and therefore Nash has nothing to create out of it.

Like Kblo said, your right. Dwight and Pau with Nash in a P&R was suppose to be magic, but it's been the biggest failure of this year for the Lakers. We were counting on that to be our bread and butter, it didn't work, and we've relied on Kobe to run the offense, which he's actually done pretty well this year.

It's weird, I thought it'd be Amare + Nash but better, I was utterly wrong. Their timing is so bad, and when we do it with Gasol, he just fades for a 15-18 footer.

People will say it's Kobe hogging the ball or something, but that definitely isn't the case. I kinda want kobe to miss the Pacers game just so people will know what I mean.

kblo247
03-14-2013, 12:11 AM
Yeah it's truly weird how neither Pau or Dwight can time a pick and roll with Nash, and shep as we both know, they have ****ing tried over a hundred of them a piece. The best case when they run the sets is Nash getting a runner for himself.

They have better synergy with Kobe, knowing where to set them, when to roll/pop/clear/reset that's its nerve racking

rockbottom2010
03-14-2013, 12:15 AM
But even Dwight has said Kobe and Pau get him the ball the best. They were up in the 4th. It was Nash, Blake, Meeks, and Metta out there with him and they went 3-14 and ignored him the four minutes Kobe sat. He doesn't get the ball a lot without Kobe or Pau who both actually look for him and turn a lot of what could be shots into passes for him.

Dwight and Nash connecting is few and far far between as Dwight picks up one foul a game trying to run the pnr with him and they have been seen arguing before over their miscommunications. It's very weird how Dwight runs a better pick and roll with Kobe, same with Pau and Kobe, as neither big is used to doing slip screens Nash needs to be effective. Jamison thrives with it though

kobes been carrying this team by himself....howard said that he wants to be the man of the show.....so howard should show that hes a real deal if kobe's out

OceanSpray
03-14-2013, 12:16 AM
Like Kblo said, your right. Dwight and Pau with Nash in a P&R was suppose to be magic, but it's been the biggest failure of this year for the Lakers. We were counting on that to be our bread and butter, it didn't work, and we've relied on Kobe to run the offense, which he's actually done pretty well this year.

It's weird, I thought it'd be Amare + Nash but better, I was utterly wrong. Their timing is so bad, and when we do it with Gasol, he just fades for a 15-18 footer.

People will say it's Kobe hogging the ball or something, but that definitely isn't the case. I kinda want kobe to miss the Pacers game just so people will know what I mean.

It is Kobe's fault because Nash isn't the one with the ball and he's the master of pick and roll. Kobe plays his style and his style only. He's been so much into the triangle offense that he's not great at adjusting. Pick and roll doesn't work when Kobe isn't playing along with it. Howard play the pick and roll with Nelson quite well at Orlando.. He knows how to orchestrate it.

zn23
03-14-2013, 12:19 AM
Without sounding like a dick, this could actually be a good thing...

The Lakers will play a lot better without Kobe and his 33 attempts. Now we'll get to see the Lakers the way they should have played at the beginning with the offense running through Nash and Howard.

Nothing to worry about imo. I don't think it's a big loss.

OceanSpray
03-14-2013, 12:21 AM
Without sounding like a dick, this could actually be a good thing...

The Lakers will play a lot better without Kobe and his 33 attempts. Now we'll get to see the Lakers the way they should have played at the beginning with the offense running through Nash and Howard.

Nothing to worry about imo. I don't think it's a big loss.

Nash and Howard isn't enough to make it happen. Gasol needs to quit laughing in the bench when they're losing and get back out there. Howard isn't even 100% and Nash will lose to two thirds of starting PG's in terms of defense.

Purple_n_Gold
03-14-2013, 12:23 AM
It is Kobe's fault because Nash isn't the one with the ball and he's the master of pick and roll. Kobe plays his style and his style only. He's been so much into the triangle offense that he's not great at adjusting. Pick and roll doesn't work when Kobe isn't playing along with it. Howard play the pick and roll with Nelson quite well at Orlando.. He knows how to orchestrate it.
Hey do you watch many Laker games? Are you a fan since you have this "genius" observation? Nash handled the ball handling duties when the season began and when he came back from the injury. It didn't work. Being that I doubt you are a Laker fan and doubt you watch many Laker games except when randomly searching Lakers suck on google. So if you don't know what you are talking about you should stay with giving instruction to your team. We tried pnr with Nash and Howard. **** didn't work well. We tried Nash handling the ball **** didn't work well. Either way what team do you root for? Because everytime I see you on here you seem to only have opinions on the lakers.

Purple_n_Gold
03-14-2013, 12:25 AM
I love these people who don't have any designated team they root for yet steadily come into laker topics with their advice and opinions. If you aren't a Laker fan and don't watch most the games how can you really have any advice or educated opinion? I don't chime in on posts for teams I don't know anything about because it would be stupid.

OceanSpray
03-14-2013, 12:29 AM
Hey do you watch many Laker games? Are you a fan since you have this "genius" observation? Nash handled the ball handling duties when the season began and when he came back from the injury. It didn't work. Being that I doubt you are a Laker fan and doubt you watch many Laker games except when randomly searching Lakers suck on google. So if you don't know what you are talking about you should stay with giving instruction to your team. We tried pnr with Nash and Howard. **** didn't work well. We tried Nash handling the ball **** didn't work well. Either way what team do you root for? Because everytime I see you on here you seem to only have opinions on the lakers.

I think you're just angry that your team has gone through a horrific series of events this year and you're taking it too personal. Did you just say Nash can't handle the ball? Nash can't handle the ball because he doesn't have 100% control like he used to. Kobe is going to beg and beg for the ball and Nash is too nice of a guy to deny Kobe it. I don't need to google why Lakers suck. The answer is because they have the wrong players and can only beat under .500 teams. Give them a decent above .500 team and they'll struggle.

OceanSpray
03-14-2013, 12:30 AM
I love these people who don't have any designated team they root for yet steadily come into laker topics with their advice and opinions. If you aren't a Laker fan and don't watch most the games how can you really have any advice or educated opinion? I don't chime in on posts for teams I don't know anything about because it would be stupid.

Who doesn't watch LAL games? You just assume people don't watch it because you think you're right but you're not. The pick and roll didn't work because the spacing between the players wasn't working. Kobe can't play off the ball because he's practically useless without it. Even Kobe admitted it, stop crying because you guys got bad news tonight.

Purple_n_Gold
03-14-2013, 12:34 AM
So Kobe was begging and begging for the ball when Nash did handle much of the ball early in the season. Wo told you this Laker insider? You should be an LAL beat writer. I am mad because we lost but even if we would have won I still would be irritated by people like you who constantly chime in on NBA forums of what other people's teams are doing wrong. How many Lakers games have you watched that you have come up with the exact thing that's wrong with a team you don't root for but constantly talk about them? Maybe since you obviously know the exact problem you should go try to get a job in our FO.

HouRealCoach
03-14-2013, 12:36 AM
He's gonna be back in a game or 2 and people will hype him up like he's terminator or Robocop or something

Bishnoff
03-14-2013, 12:37 AM
You're correct. Dwight and Pau both don't run pick and roll with Nash effectively. Neither big likes to slip the pick.

When they run it with Kobe, they set hard picks and Dwight rolls hard for an oop or layup. Pau rolls hard for a finish or pops hard. But the thing is the screens they set for Kobe are screens where they stand and make contact.

Only Jamison and Clark can play the pnr how Nash wants, ala Amare so it becomes a 3pt chuck fest when he and Dight are together and Kobe sits

Summed it up perfectly.

Purple_n_Gold
03-14-2013, 12:39 AM
Who doesn't watch LAL games? You just assume people don't watch it because you think you're right but you're not. The pick and roll didn't work because the spacing between the players wasn't working. Kobe can't play off the ball because he's practically useless without it. Even Kobe admitted it, stop crying because you guys got bad news tonight.
Oh yea you watch nationally televised games so that you can do your homework. I forgot you are an insider. So out of like 15-20 games that have been televised you have figured it out. you are some genius. You have got the answer we need. Who do you root for because I always see you bagging on other people's teams specifically the Lakers. Do you always just watch bball to talk ******* about other people's teams? That must be some life.

Bishnoff
03-14-2013, 12:42 AM

I thought the same thing about Nash & Dwight PnR prior to the season. I was completely wrong too lol.

Purple_n_Gold
03-14-2013, 12:43 AM
Speaking of some life I'm wasting mine. We have already been through this and other people have called you out on it. I'm just doing it again. I am pissed that we lost otherwise I probably wouldn't even be wasting my time on you just thought I'd call you out for the 100th time. Anyways as usual you've been enlightened and hey how bout picking a basketball team to root for instead of coming on here like some HOF bball coach trying to act like you have the answers why every body else's teams are struggling.

Purple_n_Gold
03-14-2013, 12:46 AM
I thought the same thing about Nash & Dwight PnR prior to the season. I was completely wrong too lol.
Aww an intelligent observation by someone who is not a Laker fan. All of us thought it would work it hasn't. That's why it kills me when people like ocean spray in the face act like he knows it would work but kobe was begging for the ball from Nash. There you go moron take notes from this guy. He actually really watches laker games or just knows what he's talking about unlike you the ultimate couch coach.

shep33
03-14-2013, 12:48 AM

No. I can't really offer a better explanation than what Kblo has already stated. Just watch a few Laker games... watch Nash's interviews about how the P&R has been going with Dwight.

Bottom line, we tried running a P&R offense with Nash and Dwight, and it didn't work. Kobe running the offense has been our best option for us this year, and it isn't even close. Am I happy about that? No, because D12 and Nash were suppose to make us so much more dynamic in that aspect of the game.

Purple_n_Gold
03-14-2013, 12:50 AM
No. I can't really offer a better explanation than what Kblo has already stated. Just watch a few Laker games... watch Nash's interviews about how the P&R has been going with Dwight.

Bottom line, we tried running a P&R offense with Nash and Dwight, and it didn't work. Kobe running the offense has been our best option for us this year, and it isn't even close.
Exactly this spray guy is always in here acting like he knows it all exhibit there wasn't enought spacing on the floor. So an all time great Nash didn't have the answer to why it wasn't workin low and behold all he had
To do was reach out to coach couch number 1 spray and he would have helped him figure it out. All isee is this guy talking **** about other teams but never rooting for one. Why?

Purple_n_Gold
03-14-2013, 12:52 AM
This is the second time I have exposed him and ran him out. You know when the kitchens hot the bull***** get the hell out of the kitchen.

Bishnoff
03-14-2013, 12:55 AM
Aww an intelligent observation by someone who is not a Laker fan. All of us thought it would work it hasn't. That's why it kills me when people like ocean spray in the face act like he knows it would work but kobe was begging for the ball from Nash. There you go moron take notes from this guy. He actually really watches laker games or just knows what he's talking about unlike you the ultimate couch coach.

Thanks for the compliment, but OceanSpray probably watches more Laker games than me.

Purple_n_Gold
03-14-2013, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the compliment, but OceanSpray probably watches more Laker games than me.
Exactly the point my friend. Exactly the point. Congrats on knowing more about bball from watching 1 laker game than he does.

Chronz
03-14-2013, 12:57 AM
Dwight being a prolific PnR scorer has never been true. I have a feeling of how people came to the conclusion that he was, but I dont want to bash anyone. All I know is that, people need to put more emphasis on scouting possessions than looking at highlight reels. Dwight is a deadly PnR finisher (something like 70-80FG%), but he basically averaged about 1 bucket a game (not counting freethrows) off of it the last few years, its not like he was Amare back in the day who was scoring at will based on how teams defended the play.

Dwight in PnR = shots for everyone else but Dwight. They are great looks because he sucks entire defenses in, so you can still run an effective offense if you have the right pieces, with which Kobe+Metta at the 2-3, arent the kind of snipers to take full advantage of Dwight's presence+Nash's vision. Its partly why Nash has had to play off the ball more to allow Kobe to create (other part being injury). Problem is, Kobe is very turnover prone when hes focused on facilitating. I honestly thought the Lakers would mesh better, and I still believe they ultimately will (possibly next year) but these concerns of their lack of spacing existed before the season began.

All that said, they really were making progress, my only concern was if Pau would hurt the balance they seem to have found.

Bishnoff
03-14-2013, 01:03 AM
Exactly the point my friend. Exactly the point. Congrats on knowing more about bball from watching 1 laker game than he does.

I've watched about 10 Lakers' games this season, mostly when both Kobe & Nash were playing.

Prior to the season I actually had the Lakers making the Finals. I thought Nash would make Kobe, Pau, and Dwight better offensively.

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-14-2013, 01:21 AM
Dwight being a prolific PnR scorer has never been true. I have a feeling of how people came to the conclusion that he was, but I dont want to bash anyone. All I know is that, people need to put more emphasis on scouting possessions than looking at highlight reels. Dwight is a deadly PnR finisher (something like 70-80FG%), but he basically averaged about 1 bucket a game (not counting freethrows) off of it the last few years, its not like he was Amare back in the day who was scoring at will based on how teams defended the play.

Dwight in PnR = shots for everyone else but Dwight. They are great looks because he sucks entire defenses in, so you can still run an effective offense if you have the right pieces, with which Kobe+Metta at the 2-3, arent the kind of snipers to take full advantage of Dwight's presence+Nash's vision. Its partly why Nash has had to play off the ball more to allow Kobe to create (other part being injury). Problem is, Kobe is very turnover prone when hes focused on facilitating. I honestly thought the Lakers would mesh better, and I still believe they ultimately will (possibly next year) but these concerns of their lack of spacing existed before the season began.

All that said, they really were making progress, my only concern was if Pau would hurt the balance they seem to have found.

Great points and post.

Purple_n_Gold
03-14-2013, 01:22 AM
I've watched about 10 Lakers' games this season, mostly when both Kobe & Nash were playing.

Prior to the season I actually had the Lakers making the Finals. I thought Nash would make Kobe, Pau, and Dwight better offensively.
Yea **** happens. I do respect people's opinions on here its usually all in fun. But when there's a guy like ocean spray constantly raggin on other teams when he has never even stated he roots for any team in basketball it's stupid. To add insult to injury he talks like he thinks he's a coach. Then says things with no evidence supporting any of his arguments. It's not just the lakers although mostly. All you gotta do is look at his posts very post is talkin **** about another team. Last time he was talking crap about the warriors and what in his expert opinion were their problems. Usually don't waste time on people like him but hey seen him throwing his pennies out there too many times. I just want to know what team he roots for I would hate to think he's just a laker antifan and not really a true NBA fan. But hey he has gotta find some way to occupy his time.

Verbal Christ
03-14-2013, 01:24 AM
Thats a wrap for the lake show. See ya'll next year.

"he Jalen Rose'd me" :punish:

hail2skins4life
03-14-2013, 01:36 AM
Knowing Kobe, he'll probably just play through the pain and post a 40 pt 10 assist game just for the hell of it

AIRMAR72

"he Jalen Rose'd me" :punish:nah I dont think so they wont make the playoffs but they play BETTER without kobe better ball movement and howard and the other guys should play harder I wonder if kobe is on roids I saw a thread on here that was closed but Ive been hearing about that lately these days

beliges

"he Jalen Rose'd me" :punish:

I'd be shocked if Kobe didn't play on Friday. He was walking on his own. That's good enough for Kobe to play.

alexander_37
03-14-2013, 02:08 AM
Kobe really is free like seagull now.

Cawwww

soundjunkies2
03-14-2013, 02:11 AM
http://instagram.com/p/W06LtfGIa4/

He's got to be out for at least Friday's game.

jaji10
03-14-2013, 02:33 AM

the reason amare and nash PNR worked is because amare can shoot those 16-18ft consistently and they were surrounded by 3pt shooters.. it was their bread and butter.. the thing is, Dwight cant shoot the ball from the outside that is why it aint working.. easier for teams to defend them..

fresh prince
03-14-2013, 03:11 AM

You know exactly why it doesn't work. Nash doesn't pressure the defense like he used to. He can't turn the corner on most bigs if and when teams switch out on him and he has no lift to shoot over them . The reason why pick and rolls work is when you force a player who was not guarding either the ball or the screener to rotate and help. That ain't happening much at all with this years Nash.

sunsfan88
03-14-2013, 04:17 AM
I think Nash-Pau pick and roll may be more successful than Nash-Dwight pick and roll....at least that's the vibe I'm getting from all the posts from Laker fans in this thread.

JayW_1023
03-14-2013, 06:25 AM
Kobe will probably play through it.

Yumboldt
03-14-2013, 07:35 AM
Anyone thinking karma for what he did to Korver at the free throw line?

hidalgo
03-14-2013, 08:26 AM
he'll miss 1 game tops, he never gets truly injured, EVER. it's impossible, will never happen

hidalgo
03-14-2013, 08:27 AM
i can't believe Jalen Rose admitted he injured him on purpose in the finals, lol. wtf... take that to your grave Jalen

ATX
03-14-2013, 09:09 AM

That was bush, but no.

Like most are saying, I doubt he's out more than 2 or 3 games. It's going to be extremely tough without him against Indy.

Heatcheck
03-14-2013, 09:18 AM

Or maybe for poking people in the eye for stripping the ball away from him and other womanisms on the court.

Krizzle88
03-14-2013, 09:52 AM
Funny a Heat fan started this thread. Just when the Lakers started to play good the worst possible thing could happen after all thats happened to them this season. Kobes tough he'll be back in a week. Howard & Nash will hold it down til he comes back

Krizzle88
03-14-2013, 09:53 AM

wait what? link?

ATX
03-14-2013, 10:38 AM
wait what? link?

Kobe was just standing there before Korver's FTs, and then just as he was about to shoot, Kobe deliberatly fakes like he's about to fall into the lane, and flails his arms all over the place....

Heatcheck
03-14-2013, 01:05 PM
funny how you find it funny a heat fan started this thread.

todu82
03-14-2013, 01:10 PM
Bad news for the Lakers but knowing Kobe's ambition I figure he'll be back within the next couple of weeks, guy could use the rest.

mjt20mik
03-14-2013, 01:20 PM
This. Kobe also walked off the floor under his own power so hopefully that's a good sign.

It was just adrenaline. He'll be back in a week or so.

6cadi6
03-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Put up or shut up time for "Superman".

Money_23
03-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Kobe should take a few games off so we can see if Dwight can really be the man.

beliges
03-14-2013, 03:21 PM
Bad news for the Lakers but knowing Kobe's ambition I figure he'll be back within the next couple of weeks, guy could use the rest.

Weeks? Itll be shocking if he misses a single game. One of the many things we have learned over watching Kobe the passed 17 years is that he can play great through almost any injury. Kobe will most likely be on the floor tomorrow night. If not, then surely he'll be back by Sunday. Certainly do not think itll be anywhere near weeks.

mdm692
03-14-2013, 03:39 PM
Kobe should take a few games off so we can see if Dwight can really be the man.

Yes. IMO they have the 8th seed locked up if D12 can keep playing like he was. They need Kobe to be 100% if they make the playoffs because they face OKC, LAC or SAS.

hidalgo
03-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Utah has quit, so no harm in him sitting a few. but i doubt he even sits 1 game

justinnum1
03-14-2013, 04:30 PM
brenshan
NBA expected to send out a release in which it says a foul should have been called and two shots awarded on the Kobe-Dahntay Jones play.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-14-2013, 04:41 PM
brenshan

Wow. I can't believe they are addmitting the miss call.

justinnum1
03-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Wow. I can't believe they are addmitting the miss call.

talk about adding insult to injury

jerellh528
03-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Does this hurt kobe's MVP chances? lol sorry I had to. :cool:

ManRam
03-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Does Dwight go and tell Kobe that they ain't got no time for this ankle pain?

;)

D12 fan
03-14-2013, 05:00 PM

;)lmao!

jerellh528
03-14-2013, 05:06 PM

;)

haha i hope he does! that would be classic and im sure in good nature.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-14-2013, 05:25 PM

;)

Did I ever thank you for giving us Dwight? :D

BigBlueCrew
03-14-2013, 06:01 PM
brenshan

Thanks Commish!! :rolleyes: ****in incompetent fool

Cracka2HI!
03-14-2013, 06:11 PM
I think they could have called a foul either way. It looked like a normal contest. It doesn't look dirty as a fan of neither team. It looked like Bryant would have had room to land if he didn't kick out his leg. Also looks like he injured his other ankle so it may have happened anyway.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-14-2013, 08:25 PM
I think they could have called a foul either way. It looked like a normal contest. It doesn't look dirty as a fan of neither team. It looked like Bryant would have had room to land if he didn't kick out his leg. Also looks like he injured his other ankle so it may have happened anyway.

You would be crying like a girl if this happened to blake.

Sactown
03-14-2013, 08:28 PM
But because it didn't happen to Blake Griffin he has a more rational and less emotional response than you do...

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-14-2013, 08:45 PM
But because it didn't happen to Blake Griffin he has a more rational and less emotional response than you do...

So Dante did nothing wrong? don't act dumb!

Cracka2HI!
03-14-2013, 08:48 PM

Blake has literally been attacked on basketball plays. Blake has taken at least 10 plays "dirtier" than that this season. Sorry dude, nice try tho.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-14-2013, 09:06 PM
Blake has literally been attacked on basketball plays. Blake has taken at least 10 plays "dirtier" than that this season. Sorry dude, nice try tho.

And did this not upset you? Dirty plays are dirty plays. Putting anothers basketball career in danger is lame.

TopsyTurvy
03-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Dirty plays are dirty plays. Putting anothers basketball career in danger is lame.

Closing out on a shooter is not jeopardizing a player's career - it's a foul, one that wasn't called. The injury is as unfortunate as any in the NBA, regardless of intent. Even when Kobe compared the incident to being "Jalen Rose'd," you have to take that situation with a grain of salt. Though Jalen knew and admitted he committed a foul and intended to send a message, that message NEVER was, "I'm going to end Kobe's career."

Cracka2HI!
03-14-2013, 09:17 PM
And did this not upset you? Dirty plays are dirty plays. Putting anothers basketball career in danger is lame.

Yea if he got hurt I would. What happened to Bryant is not like Ibaka punching Blake in the nuts, or Izeli yanking him to ground by his arm as he's going up for a dunk, or Jason Smith going Steve Atwater on him, or Zach Randolph punching him in the face. Question for you? Are you saying Bryant didn't kick out his leg?

kblo247
03-14-2013, 10:59 PM

We all were. It still is shocking that they just can't do it. Nash doesn't work when they set hard contact picks because it gets him trapped often like at the end of the game versus Miami in LA where he got trapped every trip down the last 3 minutes and alone had to come 27ft out to get the ball. And when they being Dwight or Pau try to slip it, Dwight ends up getting silly offensive fouls or stripped, and Pau gets jumpers that he doesn't want as he was complaining about being forced to take 3s. Maybe its just not to be with Nash at this stage of his career, or maybe he just lacks that step since he broke his leg to turn the corner on a pick but a slip.

Nash has worked shooting the ball off Kobe penetration, and I don't think they've exploited that enough in terms of lob options when a guy rushes at Nash's shot

kblo247
03-14-2013, 11:10 PM
I think Nash-Pau pick and roll may be more successful than Nash-Dwight pick and roll....at least that's the vibe I'm getting from all the posts from Laker fans in this thread.

It may be now that the PF popped in Paus foot. It wasn't though when he was laboring on that foot. Pau said it was hurting to lift on his jumpers and he lacked his speed. Of course now you have to take into consideration that Pau isn't in basketball shape, he's in shape, but you can't simulate game shape after 5 weeks off.

I think Kobe and Pau pick and roll works off sheer familiarity. They just know where the other is after the runs together. They know how to work it, and likewise they actually in the games Dwit were out were even running some mild inverts where you give it to Pau in the post, Kobe sets a brush on Paus man, drags himself to he pinch post and then he has the triple threat. He can either shoot it, drive it, or pass it to the rim or a shooter and Pau is always a release option for either a jumper or lob into Dwight.

The Atlanta game saw a rotation wrinkle of Nash starting the 2nd and 4th quarters with Dwight, while Kobe sat, but it just led to long misses and chucking 3s or long 2s. I think if you're going to use anyone with Nash in the early 2nd and 4th you're correct in that Pau may be more useful there ... Not because he can roll better but because he can make the read of getting himself a shot, turn and post, hit a cutter, or pass to a shooter.

I don't want to be too crucial of Nash as he got hurt and he's adjusting to a role and it has to be humbling to be told by your coach you're not able to run your system effectively enough to be a PG right now, but its damning how a unit with Nash, Blake, Meeks, and Metta ignored dwight completely that 4th quarter and started off 3-14 when Kobe sat. They got nothing off his pnr action, didnt hit him in the post, and just settled passing it around the drifter to all shoot long ones. They just lack that Amare and Nash like dynamic, hell even the Gortat and Nash one. So yeah maybe it's best for a rotation wrinkle that sees Pau and Nash start the second and fourth together while Dwight and Kobe end the first and third as Kobe keeps Dwight far more engaged

kblo247
03-14-2013, 11:14 PM

;)

Lol that would be a good mood softener. It's just been said he and Vitti have been doing round the clock treatment. Thing looks ugly as they posted a picture, but I do think la is better served sitting Kobe out this game Friday and the game Monday. They can let him return next Friday and basically get a long break to rest and rehab. Plus Pau will be back that game as well it seems, so they should just start there with the whole group assuming their roles

kblo247
03-14-2013, 11:21 PM
Yea if he got hurt I would. What happened to Bryant is not like Ibaka punching Blake in the nuts, or Izeli yanking him to ground by his arm as he's going up for a dunk, or Jason Smith going Steve Atwater on him, or Zach Randolph punching him in the face. Question for you? Are you saying Bryant didn't kick out his leg?

Is it a fadeaway? How do you balance yourself on a fadeaway speaking physics of the action here? You fall backwards and your leg goes out. Dirk does it, Melo, Bron, wade, Kobe, MJ.

It's not a leg kick out ala Miller where Reggie shoots a standard jump shot then sticks it out as you're close

Admonishing a kick out is like admonishing a knee being raised up when Parker shoots a floater or Nash a runner. It's just what happens by the physics of the movement.

Likewise we can't ignore that this is strike 3 when it comes to Jones being dirty toward Kobe. He clipped his legs out from him in the finals when he purposely tripped him as a nugget. He league retroactively made that a flagrant. He pushed him out the AIT with two hands in the back unprotected and didnt try to break his fall in the WCF, the league retroactively said that's flagrant and unnecessary when Lakers sent the tape it. Fast forward to now and he undercut him and the league says yes that's a foul on Jones. In fact people are overlooking it because they didnt watch the whole game but he undercut him on the 3 Kobe made with 18 seconds left, Kobe just landed wide legged while taking a straight jumper then, as Jones walked under him after the contest then.

And no I'm not saying Kobe's a choir boy but the fact is he started hitting people like Manu for undercutting him years ago. Likewise he kicked tony Allen in he neck for trying it, its going to escalate the next time these two play because no guy likes guys purposely trying to hurt them. And Rose and Bowen who have admittedly done it to him before purposely even say yeah it was dirty ... Your point about Blake stands though and that's why Blake also dishes it out dirty more often than not with his off hand when he dunks now, don't you think?

c.c.
03-14-2013, 11:25 PM
That's why they got four "all-star" type players so when one is hurt or having a bad game, the others can step up

Cracka2HI!
03-14-2013, 11:37 PM
Is it a fadeaway? How do you balance yourself on a fadeaway speaking physics of the action here? You fall backwards and your leg goes out. Dirk does it, Melo, Bron, wade, Kobe, MJ.

It's not a leg kick out ala Miller where Reggie shoots a standard jump shot then sticks it out as you're close

Admonishing a kick out is like admonishing a knee being raised up when Parker shoots a floater or Nash a runner. It's just what happens by the physics of the movement.

Likewise we can't ignore that this is strike 3 when it comes to Jones being dirty toward Kobe. He clipped his legs out from him in the finals when he purposely tripped him as a nugget. He league retroactively made that a flagrant. He pushed him out the AIT with two hands in the back unprotected and didnt try to break his fall in the WCF, the league retroactively said that's flagrant and unnecessary when Lakers sent the tape it. Fast forward to now and he undercut him and the league says yes that's a foul on Jones. In fact people are overlooking it because they didnt watch the whole game but he undercut him on the 3 Kobe made with 18 seconds left, Kobe just landed wide legged while taking a straight jumper then, as Jones walked under him after the contest then.

And no I'm not saying Kobe's a choir boy but the fact is he started hitting people like Manu for undercutting him years ago. Likewise he kicked tony Allen in he neck for trying it, its going to escalate the next time these two play because no guy likes guys purposely trying to hurt them. And Rose and Bowen who have admittedly done it to him before purposely even say yeah it was dirty ... Your point about Blake stands though and that's why Blake also dishes it out dirty more often than not with his off hand when he dunks now, don't you think?
I wasn't going to read this post and just post something like it's too long and make a dumb comment, but I actually read it and I can't really say I disagree with any of it. I guess the play in nature is a bit dirty because what happened to Bryant can happen on that kind of play. I agree with your point about Blake. I don't love all the things he does on the court. He does a lot of things I hate. I was at the game last night and Blake kept crying and the fans kept booing and I kept yelling at Blake to shut up and play basketball!

kblo247
03-14-2013, 11:52 PM
I wasn't going to read this post and just post something like it's too long and make a dumb comment, but I actually read it and I can't really say I disagree with any of it. I guess the play in nature is a bit dirty because what happened to Bryant can happen on that kind of play. I agree with your point about Blake. I don't love all the things he does on the court. He does a lot of things I hate. I was at the game last night and Blake kept crying and the fans kept booing and I kept yelling at Blake to shut up and play basketball!

Like I said I don't like Kobe doing the whole hitting a guy or elbowing them thing either but at some point you have to fight back. It's what Karl Malone actually told him their year together, if guys are going to be dirty to you, you retaliate and punish them back so you can have a long career because once you don't some idiot will end your career sooner than you want.

I'm not Blake's biggest fan but I get the whining and the forearm shivers he gives with his free hands in dunks, like I get the Kobe being pissed off and getting the techs. It's why shaq would throw elbows. Sometimes refs let greats get that much more actual beating because they are great so they must protect their one health and livelihood by fighting back or embarrassing said refs in public. It's just a sad but true thing about ball at this level.

oak2455
03-15-2013, 01:16 AM
thoughts?:D

D12 fan
03-15-2013, 01:29 AM
Nothing just counting the 5 rings on his finger, resting his ankles for a playoff run.

#TmSmokesSachs
03-15-2013, 01:31 AM
Nothing just counting the 5 rings on his finger, resting his ankles for a playoff run.

3 of those belong to Shaq. LeBron will catch Kobe this year and surpass him next year with a legit 3peat of his own.

D12 fan
03-15-2013, 01:37 AM
3 of those belong to Shaq. LeBron will catch Kobe this year and surpass him next year with a legit 3peat of his own.

llullz I know who you are.:D

85BearsDefense
03-15-2013, 01:39 AM
[QUOTE=D12 fan;25644394]Nothing just counting the 5 rings on his finger, resting his ankles for a playoff run.

3 of those belong to Shaq. LeBron will catch Kobe this year and surpass him next year with a legit 3peat of his own.[/QUOTE

Lol not like Kobe didn't average 27 on the finals teams

ThaDubs
03-15-2013, 01:42 AM
llullz I know who you are.:D

Who is that? Obviously his name suggest he's been around these parts.

YouCan'tBeatLA
03-15-2013, 01:47 AM

LOL, Shaq wouldn't have won **** without Kobe.

Mr_Jones
03-15-2013, 01:50 AM
lets jerk each other off

MetroMan
thoughts?:D

what happened to the knicks and yankees?

Mr_Jones
let me jerk all of you off*

oak2455
03-15-2013, 01:54 AM
what happened to the knicks and yankees?

Seen a lot of Yankee Championships.... how bout them Dodgers ?!? :cricket:

oak2455
03-15-2013, 01:55 AM
lets jerk each other off

:laugh: :laugh:

D12 fan
03-15-2013, 01:57 AM
lets jerk each other off
llullz WTF?

ThaDubs
03-15-2013, 01:57 AM

:badidea:

D12 fan
03-15-2013, 01:58 AM

:puke:

MetroMan
03-15-2013, 01:58 AM
not worth it

Mr_Jones
03-15-2013, 02:02 AM
:puke:

let's get to it. dont want the arthritis kickin in

oak2455
03-15-2013, 02:02 AM
how about them knicks and rangers

Dude you asked about 2 teams now go away

MetroMan
03-15-2013, 02:04 AM
Dude you asked about 2 teams now go away

i win. bye now

oak2455
03-15-2013, 02:07 AM
i win. bye now

Really dodgers, kings and what Raiders ?!? Get back when you count all those winnings because I think I win :laugh2:

oak2455
03-15-2013, 02:09 AM
Why can't this stay on the subject since Kobe is out what's gonna happen to the Lakers? Just so you know I think they make the playoffs... I'm talking now

ThaDubs
03-15-2013, 02:09 AM
Uh guys quit arguing Bobcats have the best quarterback in the NHL

MetroMan
03-15-2013, 02:15 AM
Really dodgers, kings and what Raiders ?!? Get back when you count all those winnings because I think I win :laugh2:

im from ny lol

we always win

utl768
03-15-2013, 05:26 PM
he is a warrior but he should sit out

not much good is gonna come from him jacking up 30 shots again on one leg

D12 fan
03-15-2013, 05:37 PM
Cmon guys you know the Black Mamba will play tonight, he is a warrior.

hidalgo
03-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Why can't this stay on the subject since Kobe is out what's gonna happen to the Lakers? Just so you know I think they make the playoffs... I'm talking now

he's not even gonna miss 1 game, of course they'll make the playoffs. Utah has quit, & hero boy won't sit out any games

out "indefinitely", hahah riiiiiight. if out "indefinitely" means not being out for even 1 second then yea he's out "indefinitely"

D12 fan
03-15-2013, 05:45 PM
lol @ the kobe haters who thought he would miss a lot of games. Shame on all of you.

hidalgo
03-15-2013, 05:48 PM
i'm a hater but i knew he wouldnt miss games or even 1 game. the basketball gods protect him, it's impossible for him to EVER be out for the seaon, & very rare to miss games with sissy BS injuries like this one.

they just hyped this injury up to make him into a big hero again when he plays(like every attention starved BS injury hype story he has), awww look how brave he is again, awww. out "indefinitely"? haha such a lie from the start

eso
03-15-2013, 06:00 PM
The only game Kobe will miss this year are the games the Lakers aren't playing in.....

kdspurman
03-15-2013, 06:05 PM
Kobe is definitely a warrior. I think he should probably sit out this one, it's a tough game in Indy. He should've sat this one out, and had a couple extra days. There's always a chance they steal it, but if they lose in this sort of physical game he risks getting hurt worse rather than letting it rest & getting extra treatment.

There's also a chance he has a "Jordan Flu" game too so we'll see.

Jimmer55
03-15-2013, 06:06 PM
lmao @ all these wanna be tough guys in this league. KOBE, MALONE, MJ, MAGIC...these are TOUGH guys. Kobe plays with more pain than ANY player in the league. When you are that skilled, you can STILL dominate at 75% health.

ANOTHER reason why Kobe is an all time great...LONGEVITY LEGEND.

Jimmer55
03-15-2013, 06:06 PM
WAIT WAIT WAIT...Is Tony Parker out a MONTH with the SAME injury?

D12 fan
03-15-2013, 06:14 PM
lmao @ all these wanna be tough guys in this league. KOBE, MALONE, MJ, MAGIC...these are TOUGH guys. Kobe plays with more pain than ANY player in the league. When you are that skilled, you can STILL dominate at 75% health.

ANOTHER reason why Kobe is an all time great...LONGEVITY LEGEND.
Great Post!:hi5:

Kobe is as tough as they come.

hidalgo
03-15-2013, 06:25 PM
if this was the worst ankle sprain of his career like he said(yet he's playing), then why did he sit out the rest of the finals game Jalen Rose hurt his ankle, then the entire next game? wasn't such a cool guy hero then was he? and that was a lesser sprain, his words

another hype BS injury, so people will praise mr tough guy

out "indefinitely"? yea sure

looka09
03-15-2013, 06:25 PM
He`ll play tonight

Official roster sheet for tonight. #Kobe #Lakers pic.twitter.com/X5vESL9g4X

raiderposting
03-15-2013, 06:26 PM
if this was the worst ankle sprain of his career like he said, then why did he sit out the rest of the finals game Jalen Rose hurt his ankle, then the entire next game? wasn't such a cool guy hero then was he? and that was a lesser sprain, his words

What have you done in your life, just wondering? Meet any of your goals?

Aust
03-15-2013, 06:26 PM
Warrior.

D12 fan
03-15-2013, 06:27 PM
LOL where da haters at?

hidalgo
03-15-2013, 06:31 PM
oh oh let me guess, hero boy scores 38-42 points, & it's a big inspirational hero story, & espn will slurp him all night long for it like everytime he pulls this. hype trash

Supreme LA
03-15-2013, 06:35 PM
oh oh let me guess, hero boy scores 38-42 points, & it's a big inspirational hero story, & espn will slurp him all night long for it like everytime he pulls this. hype trash

Troll.

D12 fan
03-15-2013, 06:44 PM

fresh prince
03-15-2013, 06:46 PM
What have you done in your life, just wondering? Meet any of your goals?
Bahaaaaaahhaaaa I think this is my favorite post in the history of PSD.

Sums up the hateristic mind state perfectly. Bravo sir!

Tmath
03-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Kobe likes to create drama. The ankle turn didn't even look that bad.

b@llhog24
03-15-2013, 06:49 PM
if this was the worst ankle sprain of his career like he said(yet he's playing), then why did he sit out the rest of the finals game Jalen Rose hurt his ankle, then the entire next game? wasn't such a cool guy hero then was he? and that was a lesser sprain, his words

another hype BS injury, so people will praise mr tough guy

out "indefinitely"? yea sure

Logic, is that you?

fresh prince
03-15-2013, 06:51 PM

So let me get this straight....you think the video footage from the Atlanta game that shows Kobe severely turning his ankle and the subsequent swelling that ensued was all fake and done for hype?

Hahahha you're probably one of those bush knocked down the towers guys too huh?

D12 fan
03-15-2013, 06:53 PM
Kobe likes to create drama. The ankle turn didn't even look that bad.

Cmon man did you you see his ankle after the game? It was the size of a baseball.

Leftcoast_yg
03-15-2013, 07:00 PM
Logic, is that you?

No jeolousy, I'm logic, that other guy is a fraud.

Sactown
03-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Cmon man did you you see his ankle after the game? It was the size of a baseball.

Yeah, but ESPN TV is reporting that it's almost down to normal size, it's still probably sore though.

iam brett favre
03-15-2013, 07:04 PM
All I saw from Kobe post game was: :cry:

b@llhog24
03-15-2013, 07:06 PM
No jeolousy, I'm logic, that other guy is a fraud.

Probably should have at least disproved his post before accusing him of being jealous.

NBA_Starter
03-15-2013, 07:07 PM
ESPN reporting he will play tonight, I called it.

mightybosstone
03-15-2013, 07:10 PM
He's playing. This is SO surprising. Anyone else think this was manufactured drama to make that play at the end of the Atlanta game seem worse than it really was and to make Kobe seem like some legendary warrior? I'm not saying this doesn't happen for stars in every sport, but this whole thing seemed like it was clearly overblown.

Sactown
03-15-2013, 07:13 PM
He's playing. This is SO surprising. Anyone else think this was manufactured drama to make that play at the end of the Atlanta game seem worse than it really was and to make Kobe seem like some legendary warrior? I'm not saying this doesn't happen for stars in every sport, but this whole thing seemed like it was clearly overblown.

Absolutely, people saying how that could of been a career ending injury and blah blah blah... Who's career ends because they sprained their ankle? Hell, you can come back after a broken ankle..

Mr_Jones
03-15-2013, 07:14 PM
Yeah, but ESPN TV is reporting that it's almost down to normal size, it's still probably sore though.

If there is anything that I have ever learned, it's to never listen to ESPN.

mp3
03-15-2013, 07:14 PM
Kobe is old school. What did you expect? If the injury happened to Melo, he would be out for at least 2 weeks.

mdm692
03-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Kobe is playing tonight after what people called "the worst sprain since 2000" :laugh:. Yet somehow I'm a troll :rolleyes:.

LakersIn5
03-15-2013, 07:36 PM
Kobe is playing tonight after what people called "the worst sprain since 2000" :laugh:. Yet somehow I'm a troll :rolleyes:.

if anything its because kobe is a warrior. had this happened to a normal player he will miss like 2 to 3 weeks

Jenceman
03-15-2013, 08:04 PM
Yep Kobe totally faked having a softball sized ankle. Good call guys.

Hot damn yall are morons

Bruno
03-15-2013, 08:19 PM
i wish he took a game off at least. no need for this to turn into a nagging injury. one or two games? LAL could have fought through that.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-15-2013, 08:22 PM
i wish he took a game off at least. no need for this to turn into a nagging injury. one or two games? LAL could have fought through that.

Nope, Kobe didn't need time off. He faked the whole thing to be a hero.

SouthSideRookie
03-15-2013, 08:25 PM

http://a.espncdn.com/i/page2/quickie/040619jordan.jpg

Hey why not, look at this site alone at all the gullibe kids buying into it. Building up some dramatics in a disappointing season so far can't hurt.

DaLakerz Rulz
03-15-2013, 08:29 PM
He is out the rest of the game...clearly something still isn't feeling right.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-15-2013, 09:09 PM
He is out the rest of the game...clearly something still isn't feeling right.

Nope Kobe is faking the whole thing. He started the game a little bad so he said "**** that ima fake it again" So now he's sitting for the rest of the game because he's embarrassed.

Bruno
03-15-2013, 09:10 PM

know your history before you start talking about who's a troll and who isn't.

kobe came back THE NEXT GAME following the aforementioned sprain in 2000. It was during the NBA finals, youtube it.

following both bad sprains, he returned the next game. you understand how him returning the next game doesn't disqualify it as his worst sprain since 2000?, yes?

4milesperday
03-15-2013, 09:24 PM
I honestly now believe Kobe is using steroids. No human being in their 30's heal that quickly. humanly impossible.

lol, please
03-15-2013, 09:34 PM
ThaDubs must be loving this. :laugh: That means by default, I must love it as well.

Decimotox
03-15-2013, 09:42 PM
Coach Kobe.. Caw caw caw

Hawkeye15
03-15-2013, 09:42 PM
Kobe, you are the toughest dude alive, but just rest for 6-7 days, and let that ankle heal man.

Slug3
03-15-2013, 09:53 PM
IF anyone really thinks Kobe was over acting it has not seen him play before. He will play with his leg falling off. He is clearly in pain, but he is pretty much willing to play if he can breath.

JerseyPalahniuk
03-15-2013, 09:58 PM
I'm guessing the haters never saw the picture he put up on twitter...

JerseyPalahniuk
03-15-2013, 09:59 PM
Kobe, you are the toughest dude alive, but just rest for 6-7 days, and let that ankle heal man.

Agreed. He inspired his team. Now sit a few games out.

Supreme LA
03-15-2013, 10:21 PM

Don't you look like a total douche now.

Supreme LA
03-15-2013, 10:22 PM
Nope Kobe is faking the whole thing. He started the game a little bad so he said "**** that ima fake it again" So now he's sitting for the rest of the game because he's embarrassed.

I'm sure MightyBosstone truly believes this.

NBA_Starter
03-15-2013, 10:59 PM
Just him trying to go was huge for the team.

jaji10
03-16-2013, 12:18 AM
Just him trying to go was huge for the team.

yeah, he suited up to inspire them.. and the team bought it.. nice win..

Jimmer55
03-16-2013, 12:37 AM
Once again, KOBE has inspired GREATNESS from his teammates. That was Willis Reed right there, folks. He sent a message that he will give everything he has to his teammates, and hopefully they do the same. The ULTIMATE TEAM player and WINNER in the league today. Contrary to all the trash, you don't get to 5 titles, 7 finals appearances and two gold medals by not being the ULTIMATE TEAM player.

Suck it, haters.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-16-2013, 01:25 AM
Once again, KOBE has inspired GREATNESS from his teammates. That was Willis Reed right there, folks. He sent a message that he will give everything he has to his teammates, and hopefully they do the same. The ULTIMATE TEAM player and WINNER in the league today. Contrary to all the trash, you don't get to 5 titles, 7 finals appearances and two gold medals by not being the ULTIMATE TEAM player.

Suck it, haters.

+1

zn23
03-16-2013, 01:31 AM
He shouldn't be out there. He's hurting his team more than helping them. He should just focus on resting.

bucketss
03-16-2013, 01:39 AM
He shouldn't be out there. He's hurting his team more than helping them. He should just focus on resting.

he tried to get back out there so everyone could say "wow the mamba is such a competitor still out there depsite his injury!!, he really doesn't care if hes hurting his team or not lol.

NBA-GMaster
03-16-2013, 01:48 AM
With Dwight gettin back to his old self, and Pau is coming out from injury, I have a feeling Lakers will win more games even without Kobe.. :worthy: "Nash, Pau and Dwight"

ThunderousDemon
03-16-2013, 01:52 AM
he tried to get back out there so everyone could say "wow the mamba is such a competitor still out there depsite his injury!!, he really doesn't care if hes hurting his team or not lol.

Is it enjoyable to be you, bucketss?

This act of yours, don't you get tired of being that guy?

Supreme LA
03-16-2013, 01:53 AM

You seriously must have the saddest life.