PDA

View Full Version : If Mavs make a run and squeeze into playoffs..Vince Carter 6MOY?

ThuglifeJ
03-13-2013, 07:16 PM
according to Cuban and advance stats it should be considered

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4694921/does-vince-carter-deserve-sixth-man-of-year-consideration
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4694935/3-pointer-vince-carter-spectacular-again

This sort of performance from the 36-year-old sixth man doesn’t come as a surprise. The Mavs count on Carter to put up the kind of numbers that could merit serious Sixth Man of the Year consideration.

"He's basically been our best player"

"Carter is also arguably the most complete player among the Sixth Man of the Year candidates. He’s a smart, unselfish facilitator (2.1 assists per game), solid rebounder (4.0 per game) and an extremely underrated defender. (The Mavs allow 7.5 fewer points per 100 possessions with Carter on the floor than when he sits, according to 82games.com.) "

It is possible but tough since the Clippers have such a good record, Spurs, Thunder, Knicks too.

and how much would this help his Legacy/HOF security?

he's also been super clutch this season. Would be cool what do you guys think?

xxplayerxx23
03-13-2013, 07:24 PM
Forgot about VC. Records don't matter for sixth man award. I'd consider him for it regardless, still have think Crawford is the clear winner

Bishnoff
03-13-2013, 07:30 PM
Better cases can be made for Crawford, JR, and Jarrett Jack etc.

ThuglifeJ
03-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Crawford is leading 6moy but there's much u can knock him on.
-not a complete player, just a scorer
-inconsistent
-inefficient
-doesn't outshine teammates

Crawford is a perfect 6th man..but from what I've seen the entire Clippers squad can go off and do the same thing. Even Matt Barnes is playing ridiculous this year

Carter's only playing 25 mins. His per 36 min stats are as good as his last year in NJ when he was a perennial all-star

JerseyPalahniuk
03-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Crawford is leading 6moy but there's much u can knock him on.
-not a complete player, just a scorer
-inconsistent
-inefficient
-doesn't outshine teammates

Crawford is a perfect 6th man..but from what I've seen the entire Clippers squad can go off and do the same thing. Even Matt Barnes is playing ridiculous this year

Carter's only playing 25 mins. His per 36 min stats are as good as his last year in NJ when he was a perennial all-star

Since when was average 2 assists a game evidence for being a "smart, unselfish facilitator"?

Agree on everything else though. If only he had learned to play like this in the past. He could've won a title with the Magic that year

b@llhog24
03-13-2013, 07:50 PM
Statistically speaking, he's been the best player on the Mavs this year and his scoring efficiency is off the charts (based on what I expected him to produce).

diu9leilomo
03-13-2013, 07:53 PM
VC deserves a ring more than anything.

ThuglifeJ
03-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Since when was average 2 assists a game evidence for being a "smart, unselfish facilitator"?

Agree on everything else though. If only he had learned to play like this in the past. He could've won a title with the Magic that year

Idk man I didn't write the article but his passing ability is actually noticable if you watch the Mavs play. Take into consideration he plays SG/SF off the bench for 25 min. Getting a few good assists in that time is a good deal from your 6th.. From what I've seen I think they are talking about how he moves the ball good or demands Dirk/Brand to post up instead of chucking a shot

JerseyPalahniuk
03-13-2013, 08:31 PM
Idk man I didn't write the article but his passing ability is actually noticable if you watch the Mavs play. Take into consideration he plays SG/SF off the bench for 25 min. Getting a few good assists in that time is a good deal from your 6th.. From what I've seen I think they are talking about how he moves the ball good or demands Dirk/Brand to post up instead of chucking a shot

Yeah nothing against what you said haha but just thought it was worded poorly. Wish all this efficient play was put to use on a better team though. Hopefully Dallas gets better pieces this summer and their contenders OR he switches to one. Hate seeing the players from my era degrade/retire away (Iverson, TMac, etc)

BHF
03-13-2013, 08:39 PM
VC deserves a ring more than anything.

no he doesn't he faked so many injury's its not even funny

rockbottom2010
03-13-2013, 09:04 PM
clearly its between j r smith and jamal crawford

Clippersfan86
03-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Crawford wins it and rightfully so. Sure you can make a case for other players but Crawford's the 2nd best scorer on a contending team off the bench. He's dropped 20+ a whopping 23 times off the bench, easily first in the league. Sure he's not the all around player of some others such as Jack but his impact on the games is the best among 6th men, pure scorer or not. The guy turns games around for us regularly.

Since ASW do you guys know what he's averaging? 6 games and he's averaging 20 ppg, 2.5 apg, 1.5 spg in just 29 minutes a game on an INSANE 57 percent shooting from the field, 59 percent from deep. He's not slowing down like people thought he would, he's actually bouncing back strong. Wouldn't surprise me if Crawford won a couple more 6th MOY awards before he retires on the Clippers.

Alayla
03-13-2013, 09:35 PM
Carter gets slept on really hard people where calling him done 2 years ago lol

ThuglifeJ
03-13-2013, 09:45 PM
Carter gets slept on really hard people where calling him done 2 years ago lol

hes better this year then 2 years ago imo. or at least hes playing in a normal offense and not Orlando Magic 3 pt chuck offense

I thought he was better off retired a year or two ago. Glad hes still around he's a beast again

KnicksorBust
03-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Talk about how the mighty have fallen...

"If the Mavs sneak into the playoffs as an 8th seed..." :hide:

"8x All-Star Vince Carter might win the 6th man!" :rolleyes:

ThuglifeJ
03-13-2013, 09:56 PM
Crawford wins it and rightfully so. Sure you can make a case for other players but Crawford's the 2nd best scorer on a contending team off the bench. He's dropped 20+ a whopping 23 times off the bench, easily first in the league. Sure he's not the all around player of some others such as Jack but his impact on the games is the best among 6th men, pure scorer or not. The guy turns games around for us regularly.

Since ASW do you guys know what he's averaging? 6 games and he's averaging 20 ppg, 2.5 apg, 1.5 spg in just 29 minutes a game on an INSANE 57 percent shooting from the field, 59 percent from deep. He's not slowing down like people thought he would, he's actually bouncing back strong. Wouldn't surprise me if Crawford won a couple more 6th MOY awards before he retires on the Clippers.

Well if you're gonna play like that check Carter's March stats. 17/6/2. -16/24 from deep. -56.3% fg. Add that to being clutch, a vocal leader, a good defender and you have an argument.

I'd definitely argue that Carter is just as impactful to the Mavericks as Crawford is to the Clippers.
Clippers are a better team tho.
he's not ahead of Crawford in 6MOY race but there's still season left.

ThuglifeJ
03-13-2013, 09:56 PM
Talk about how the mighty have fallen...

"If the Mavs sneak into the playoffs as an 8th seed..." :hide:

"8x All-Star Vince Carter might win the 6th man!" :rolleyes:

so true.

Chronz
03-14-2013, 12:24 AM
Had no idea his numbers were so good. Id prolly take him over Jamal or JJ if I was a GM but not if I was voting for 6th man of the year.

DallasTrilla23
03-14-2013, 12:54 AM
Vince won't be considered for that award even if we get to the 8th seed which is a shame. The media is riding Crawford and Smith so hard that I'd be surprised if anyone other than those 2 wins it. Vince probably does more for this dallas team than Smith and Crawford do for theirs.

Jarrett Jack is getting snubbed too.