PDA

View Full Version : Rockets willing to trade Asik and Lin this summer

eternal slumber
03-12-2013, 10:44 AM
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/03/odds-ends-wolves-rockets-balkman-draft.html

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_130311.html

i have a feeling Rox would be willing to part ways with Asik if Howard could be acquired but about Lin, i am a bit surprised to be honest.

HouRealCoach
03-12-2013, 10:49 AM
Why would they not just keep them?

eternal slumber
03-12-2013, 10:54 AM

if they'll be able to acquire Howard, then Asik would be a major trading cheap that could be used to improve the team, for example the four position.

ManRam
03-12-2013, 11:06 AM
I still don't think Dwight's leaving LAL.

I mean, players like Lin and Asik shouldn't be untouchable, but as of now I don't see much purpose.

Chitownhero1992
03-12-2013, 11:17 AM
I saw this coming right before the trade deadline I think they're looking to use their money and go for Smith and Jennings to create a big three around Jennings/Hardin/Smith then you either keep Asik or trade with Robinson for a low post C since Smith is a jump shooter. And you trade Lin for a bench or package with Parsons for a defensive SF.

You end up with:

Jennings
Harden
Defensive SF
Smith
Offensive/Rebounding C

b@llhog24
03-12-2013, 11:22 AM
I saw this coming right before the trade deadline I think they're looking to use their money and go for Smith and Jennings to create a big three around Jennings/Hardin/Smith then you either keep Asik or trade with Robinson for a low post C since Smith is a jump shooter. And you trade Lin for a bench or package with Parsons for a defensive SF.

You end up with:

Jennings
Harden
Defensive SF
Smith
Offensive/Rebounding C

Lmao. This makes them worse.

HouRealCoach
03-12-2013, 11:22 AM
if they'll be able to acquire Howard, then Asik would be a major trading cheap that could be used to improve the team, for example the four position.

It would be best to just keep him & have a two headed monster at center with he & Dwight

BKLYNpigeon
03-12-2013, 11:30 AM
goodluck with that.... i dont think any team is going to want to pay Lin 15 million in year 3.

ManningToTyree
03-12-2013, 11:37 AM
goodluck with that.... i dont think any team is going to want to pay Lin 15 million in year 3.

which is why he is in Houston to begin with

Pierzynski4Prez
03-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Same with Asik

Kashmir13579
03-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Lin is coming home baby!

ManRam
03-12-2013, 11:55 AM

You end up with:

Jennings
Harden
Defensive SF
Smith
Offensive/Rebounding C

I doubt Morey goes after Smith and Jennings. He's smarter than that.

ChiSox219
03-12-2013, 11:58 AM

ChiSox219
03-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Man if Morey stole two stars from LA, PSD would explode.

JordansBulls
03-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Why would you want Asik if you got Howard? Also maybe a sign and trade the Lakers get Asik in return for Howard.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
03-12-2013, 12:19 PM

Exactly. There's a reason the third year of that contract was called a "Poison pill".

Chronz
Morey would trade anyone for an upgrade

kylem4711
rockets are the only team i am worried about losing cp3 to.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Man if Morey stole two stars from LA, PSD would explode.

Zero chance Howard goes to houston! He is staying in LA sorry..

houstonfan
03-12-2013, 12:23 PM

Lol you have absolutely ZERO reason to think that he is for sure staying in LA.

KingPosey
03-12-2013, 12:34 PM

You end up with:

Jennings
Harden
Defensive SF
Smith
Offensive/Rebounding Cthats their big three in your eyes? Any big three that includes Jennings means your team sucks.

They would be worse.

DaLakerz Rulz
03-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Why would you want Asik if you got Howard? Also maybe a sign and trade the Lakers get Asik in return for Howard.

Asiks contract is not bad at all, but I still think they would rather let Dwight walk than do a sign and trade.

torocan
03-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Morey would trade anyone for an upgrade

This.

Anyone who's followed Morey for any amount of time knows that any player on the team with the exception of Harden and possibly Parsons are on the block. And don't think for a moment that Morey wouldn't trade Parsons for a bona fide superstar, or that Harden wouldn't be shown the door if he had a chance at acquiring a Durant or Lebron level superstar.

The real question is whether there is an actual Star/Superstar player that would require the trade of Asik, Parsons or Lin... that's what we'll find out in the off season.

So yah, they'll be on the block as potential trading chips IF the right deal comes along.

On the other hand, one wonders if other GM's have clued into the idea that if Morey is calling you to make a trade, do NOT pick up the phone or you've already lost...

MaloDaw9
03-12-2013, 02:17 PM

You have ZERO reason to think he would ever go to Houston. I mean that place is a DUMP. ((LoL))

Keep dreaming kid.

D12 fan
03-12-2013, 02:37 PM
My people may I have your attention. Dwight Howard is not leaving LA, he wants to learn from the all time great Kobe Bryant how to win championships. The Lakers will be his team in 2 years.

He's not leaving Hollywood for Houston, keep in mind he lost major endorsements with McDonalds and Gatorade, he isn't going to leave that extra 30 mil on the table.

D12 fan
03-12-2013, 02:39 PM

Haters gonna hate bro.

GiantsSwaGG
03-12-2013, 02:42 PM
They're both overpaid so I don't blame them

Dade County
03-12-2013, 02:43 PM
OKC couldn't keep their super team together, and I don't think that Houston can pull it off, but more power to them for trying.

And Harden still has to prove that he can shine when the playoffs come around... This will attract other star players to Houston.

GiantsSwaGG
03-12-2013, 02:43 PM
rockets are the only team i am worried about losing cp3 to.

Cp3 can't play with Harden... They don't fit

Matrix3132
03-12-2013, 02:45 PM

Why do you guys blow this lin deal so out of proportion?

I don't see why overpaying a guy for ONE YEAR is a big deal, teams trade for bad expiring deals all the time to create cap space in a year or two. I'd rather pay Lin $15 million in year three than amare $45 million in the next two years or pau gasol $20 million next year or deron williams $100 million over the next five, or joe johnson over $90 million over the next four years.

I could go on but some of you still think paying lin $15 million for year 3 is the worst signing of all time when I think overpaying players over the short term is better than overpaying for 5-6 years.

numba1CHANGsta
03-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Lin and Asik for Pau and Blake ;)

D12 fan
03-12-2013, 03:03 PM

So CP3/Crawford can fit, but CP3/Harden can't?

LMAO!

GiantsSwaGG
03-12-2013, 03:06 PM
So CP3/Crawford can fit, but CP3/Harden can't?

LMAO!

So harden and Crawford are the same type of player?

Lmao

D12 fan
03-12-2013, 05:08 PM
So harden and Crawford are the same type of player?

Lmao

Who said they were the same player?

If Chris Paul can play with a streaky scorer Jamal Crawford, why can't he play with a legit star James Harden?

Last time I checked CP3/Harden are pretty smart players, i'm sure they can figure out how to play together.

LMAO!

Iron24th
03-12-2013, 05:25 PM
And who would want to overpay for them except houston?

sep11ie
03-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Who said they were the same player?

If Chris Paul can play with a streaky scorer Jamal Crawford, why can't he play with a legit star James Harden?

Last time I checked CP3/Harden are pretty smart players, i'm sure they can figure out how to play together.

LMAO!

Dude, you are arguing with someone that knows nothing at all about basketball. I'm surprised he could type that much, 3/4 of his total posts were facepalms.

D12 fan
03-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Dude, you are arguing with someone that knows nothing at all about basketball. I'm surprised he could type that much, 3/4 of his total posts were facepalms.lol

Triple_Ocho
03-12-2013, 05:47 PM
A lotta people dont realize that dwight would forfeit not only about $20 million from an nba contract standpoint, but also he will lose his bonus from Adidas for playing in LA... He makes roughly $30-$50 mill from that bonus alone lol. Dwight would be a fool to leave. He is gonna have the keys to the Lakers franchise all to himself in 2014.

3RDASYSTEM
03-12-2013, 05:48 PM
HOU is in a lovely position come this summer

They have a building piece, youth, picks and cap space to do whatever they please

getting a combo of SMITH/HOWARD to go with HARDEN is all they need, MOREY good enough to fill out roster with good to top notch talent at positions, especially frontcourt

if they do trade LIN/ASIK I could see them picking up a vet backcourt player like a AI or some other vet

other options at PG could be MO WILL or MAYNOR type, MOREY will make the right moves, so far so good

at least he tries to acquire top notch talent, which is always the best way to start

GiantsSwaGG
03-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Dude, you are arguing with someone that knows nothing at all about basketball. I'm surprised he could type that much, 3/4 of his total posts were facepalms.

Says the guy who said Lin deserved his contract lol.

Gram wannabe lmao

CityofTreez
03-12-2013, 06:06 PM

Best part about being a PG is adjusting to your roster.
I think Chris Paul, the best PG, can adjust to a star like James Harden.
It's not like a Kobe/Dwight not seeing eye-to-eye case.

Anyways, Houston should hold onto Lin/Asik and keep developing their roster/chemistry.
They are 2-3 years from being #1-3 in the Western Conference.

bholly
03-12-2013, 06:10 PM

which is why he is in Houston to begin with

Exactly. There's a reason the third year of that contract was called a "Poison pill".

Sigh.

Asik isn't owed $15m in year 3. Neither is Lin.

The contracts for both are flat - $8,374,646 per year for 3 years.

If NYK or CHI had've matched, then because of the Arenas rule the first two years would've had to fit within their cap, ie within the MLE, so the contracts would've gone something like $5m, $5.2m, $14.9m - but that didn't happen, because neither matched. For Houston, who didn't have to squeeze them in via the Arenas rule, they're just flat contracts.

Sources:
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q44
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/asik_120701/nba-how-houston-used-loopholes-woo-omer-asik
http://storytellerscontracts.com/

enitialdee
03-12-2013, 06:13 PM
You have ZERO reason to think he would ever go to Houston. I mean that place is a DUMP. ((LoL))

Keep dreaming kid.

A dump??? Dang boy, you making Houston sound like Cleveland.. And you talking bout zero reason for Dwigth to come to Houston, I know you're just typing out of your *****. 1) Youngest team in the leauge, with loads of upside 2) Cap space to sign another max superstar 3) millions of millions of Rockets fan in china.. With all that said I think still he'll resign in that overrated ghetto LA, cause Howard is Hollywood.

ManRam
03-12-2013, 06:14 PM
Best part about being a PG is adjusting to your roster.
I think Chris Paul, the best PG, can adjust to a star like James Harden.
It's not like a Kobe/Dwight not seeing eye-to-eye case.

Anyways, Houston should hold onto Lin/Asik and keep developing their roster/chemistry.
They are 2-3 years from being #1-3 in the Western Conference.

Both are great passers, slashers and shooters -they can more than easily coexist. Wade and LeBron are more alike than CP3 and Harden, and obviously that's working out fine. They have such dynamic skill sets that it wouldn't be a problem.

Though, if I am Houston, I certainly am prioritizing PF/C over PG at this point. But CP3 is CP3, and adding him is never a bad idea.

b@llhog24
03-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Harden played alongside Westbrook and did just fine, yet for some reason him and Cp3 can't co-exist?

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-12-2013, 06:27 PM

Howard wants nothing to do with houston. That city is crap and can't offer him anything La could.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-12-2013, 06:34 PM
A dump??? Dang boy, you making Houston sound like Cleveland.. And you talking bout zero reason for Dwigth to come to Houston, I know you're just typing out of your *****. 1) Youngest team in the leauge, with loads of upside 2) Cap space to sign another max superstar 3) millions of millions of Rockets fan in china.. With all that said I think still he'll resign in that overrated ghetto LA, cause Howard is Hollywood.

Some parts of La are ghetto, but La county as a whole is beautiful. No where else in the world will you find the combos of grade A Food, Weather, Attractions ,Girls etc. Socal has it all.

GiantsSwaGG
03-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Some parts of La are ghetto, but La county as a whole is beautiful. No where else in the world will you find the combos of grade A Food, Weather, Attractions ,Girls etc. Socal has it all.

La is the gang Capitol of America

Blitzace137
03-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Lin is coming home baby!

***** the Rockets and Morey first they take Lin from us now there willing to part ways with him so what was the point of taking him out of NY and adding the poison pill?

broncosfan4eva
03-12-2013, 06:51 PM
perfect timing maybe the rockets will lose 20in a row now heheheeh

KnickaBocka.44
03-12-2013, 06:51 PM

It also has the most delusional people per capita, as evidenced by this post.

enitialdee
03-12-2013, 06:52 PM

rickshaw
03-12-2013, 06:54 PM
These guys are millionaires. It doesn't matter what city they play in, they'll be in a gated community 20 miles away.

enitialdee
03-12-2013, 06:56 PM
"Some parts of la are ghetto" not some, but majority of LA is ghetto. "LA county as a whole is beautiful" Long Beach, Compton, Harbor Area, Inglewood, Carson, Artesia, Norwalk, south of Santa Monica is not beautiful. That beautiful 10% of LA, that people see on TV, is not the whole LA.
No need to pimp LA to me, born and raise in Irvine, I know bout LA. Food, girls, attraction, you can find them in any major US cities, but I will give you the weather, the weather is nice.

enitialdee
03-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Howard wants nothing to do with houston. That city is crap and can't offer him anything La could.

Hey bro, get off your high horse. There's a bunch of obnoxious lakers fan from that glorify ghetto of LA, who now reside in this crap city, and love it here.

sunsfan88
03-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Honestly, right now I don't think Dwight is much better than Asik.

Also, Asik doesn't have the injury concerns.

sep11ie
03-12-2013, 07:45 PM

Gram wannabe lmao

Find one post where I said Lin deserved that contract. I dare you to try. I was never and still am not a fan of Lin. I only said he's not the worst signing of all time like a few of you "smart guys" said.

Nice try DoMeFavors wannabe.

John Walls Era
03-12-2013, 07:51 PM

Its in his last year (year 3 or 4?). Thats a huge expiring so could be worth something since expirings are ****ing gold in the NBA.

John Walls Era
03-12-2013, 07:53 PM
perfect timing maybe the rockets will lose 20in a row now heheheeh

This is from Sam Smith. I'm not too sure how fabricated his material is.

KnicksorBust
03-12-2013, 08:09 PM
I think both are solid pieces and fit nicely around Harden. Like previously mentioned... you never take role players off the table.

The real trade bait is Parsons and potentially Thomas Robinson. Morey's got one more big move in his arsenal and it's to acquire a stud bigman. That's the move that tips the scale...

North Yorker
03-12-2013, 08:26 PM

Same with Asik

Wrong. They are both paid $8.3M/yr.

They would only have back-loaded deals if NYK or CHI matched the offers, which they did not.

KnicksorBust
03-12-2013, 08:44 PM
Trade Parsons...

sep11ie
03-12-2013, 08:48 PM
Trade Parsons...

Not for all the tea in China!

KnicksorBust
03-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Not for all the tea in China!

:laugh: great answer.

I hope the Rockets prove me wrong and win a playoff series. I really do.

blahblahyoutoo
03-12-2013, 09:07 PM

because lin isn't that good.

kobe4thewinbang
03-12-2013, 09:23 PM
They're both overpaid so I don't blame themThey're overpaid because Houston paid them. Idiots. No vision for the future, I guess. Just throwing anything into a pot.

IndyRealist
03-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Sigh.

If NYK or CHI had've matched, then because of the Arenas rule the first two years would've had to fit within their cap, ie within the MLE, so the contracts would've gone something like $5m, $5.2m, $14.9m - but that didn't happen, because neither matched. For Houston, who didn't have to squeeze them in via the Arenas rule, they're just flat contracts.

Sources:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/asik_120701/nba-how-houston-used-loopholes-woo-omer-asik

Notice no one replied to you at all, nor admitted their mistake. You can't bother people with facts when they're too busy LMAO'ing at eachother! Instead they'll perpetuate the same false information over and over, and swear they read it somewhere (which was likely in these forums).

Now I remember why I stopped coming here.

RollingWave
03-12-2013, 11:02 PM
They're open to trading James Harden too, if the guy coming back's name start with Lebron of course.

For Morey, everything's always on the table, but you have to think realllly carefully if your trading with him, since he makes very good judgement on value of assets, you better know something he doesn't.

sep11ie
03-12-2013, 11:22 PM
They're overpaid because Houston paid them. Idiots. No vision for the future, I guess. Just throwing anything into a pot.

You also have no sense of basketball either.

Care to go into it about how they have no vision for the future? I'd love to win a debate before bed.

D12 fan
03-12-2013, 11:29 PM
I'd love to win a debate before bed.lmao

Max.This
03-13-2013, 12:00 AM
hope he comes back to the knicks

TheLegend
03-13-2013, 12:16 AM
CP3 is such a playmaker that he fits with any player.

THE MTL
03-13-2013, 12:19 AM
Typical Rockets, showing no loyalty to their players. smh.

Chandler Parsons better watch out in a couple years come contract time.

THE MTL
03-13-2013, 12:24 AM
Wrong. They are both paid $8.3M/yr.

They would only have back-loaded deals if NYK or CHI matched the offers, which they did not.

Actually your wrong. That 8.3 M per year is the cap hit of each of their salaries. But Lin and Asik are still technically getting 5 5 15 million in 3rd yr. It is just the cap hit only accounts for the average salary over the duration of the contract.

Look at salaries here http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm

bholly
03-13-2013, 01:05 AM
Actually your wrong. That 8.3 M per year is the cap hit of each of their salaries. But Lin and Asik are still technically getting 5 5 15 million in 3rd yr. It is just the cap hit only accounts for the average salary over the duration of the contract.

Look at salaries here http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm

Even if that were true (and I really don't know if it is or not, but it's believable), who cares? Nobody cares about how much and when guys are actually getting their money sent to them - we care about the implications for the team, ie about the cap hit.

Also I don't think that hoopshype link is proof - I think they just wrongly think those are the cap hits each year. A bunch of sites seem to make that mistake.

astrosmaniac
03-13-2013, 02:07 AM
no, he's right that the actual money paid is uneven. the cap hit, however is the same each year. which also makes you right: who the **** cares except for the guy actually signing the check? As long as you dont have a cheapskate owner (which alexander isn't), its a non-factor

jam
03-13-2013, 02:16 AM
The facts:

1. It's well known that CP3's ultimate plan is to win a championship with Dwight Howard.

2. Dwight Howard has stated without reservation, publicly, on many occasions, that he is dissatisfied playing second fiddle to Kobe Bryant.

3. Both CP3 and Dwight are free agents this offseason.

4. Morey has already signed two credible backup PG's in Beverley and Brooks, rendering Lin expendable (in the same way that the Knicks' acquisition of both Kidd and Felton rendered Lin redundant in NY).

5. Lin has hinted at his dissatisfaction playing second fiddle to James Harden, and is not thriving as a spot up shooter with a very limited role.

6. The Rockets have had enormous turnover both during the offseason and during the season itself.

---

Conclusion: all signs point to the inevitability of Morey attempting to dump Lin, Asik, draft picks and whatever else it takes to sign BOTH CP3 and Howard.

Even if he is not successful in doing so, he undoubtedly has a backup plan in place to acquire an all star caliber 4.

The chances of Morey standing pat this offseason are exactly zero. He will make a move, many moves and continue to do so to acquire a championship caliber roster (within the available cap room and Les Alexander's dictated budget).

jayjay33
03-13-2013, 02:48 AM

This, they really think there better than other people. Smdh

kobe4thewinbang
03-13-2013, 10:07 AM
You also have no sense of basketball either.

Care to go into it about how they have no vision for the future? I'd love to win a debate before bed.It makes no sense to sign a guy like Lin who wants a boatload of cash if you're not going to keep him because you can't keep making trades. At some point team chemistry is needed.

DasBoot
03-13-2013, 10:37 AM
I really don't think CP3 is going to sign in HOU. Nor do I think Dwight is. Kobe responded to a question on how much longer he expects on playing before he retires and he said 2 years at most. That, and he's still an elite player. I think Dwight is going to stay in LA. And I'm pretty sure CP3 will as well, considering he's got Blake.

And if Dwight really wanted to play with CP3, it wouldn't be hard for the Clips to package/trade both Jordan and Butler (Odom $8m+ expiring as well) for a pick each to teams who would love to grab them and then have around $17m in cap. I can't read Dwights brain but if he was offered that scenario as was Paul over any other, I'm pretty sure they would take it. No one is moving anywhere and you have the most explosive 5-4 of all time with one of the best if not the best pg in the league... in LA. Yeah... sounds like a better plan to me.

strahan92osi72
03-13-2013, 11:26 AM
hope he comes back to the knicks

LOL and so it begins, wishing for another bad contract.

strahan92osi72
03-13-2013, 11:32 AM

CP3 can fit with anybody.

Iron24th
03-13-2013, 11:49 AM
Honestly, right now I don't think Dwight is much better than Asik.

Also, Asik doesn't have the injury concerns.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

post of the day

ManningToTyree
03-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Sigh.

Sources:

Not really sure why you quoted me. All I was saying is he went to Houston because the Knicks didn't want to pay him that third year.

sep11ie
03-13-2013, 12:20 PM
It makes no sense to sign a guy like Lin who wants a boatload of cash if you're not going to keep him because you can't keep making trades. At some point team chemistry is needed.

Well, it made perfect sense to sign Lin at the time. We needed whatever kind of star power we could get. Remember, Harden wasn't even at wet dream when Lin was signed. What you do from here is build around Harden. Lin is the odd man out there.

As for Asik, I don't think they are looking to move him. If they could pair him with a better PF that would be a dynamic front court to go with Parsons, Harden and ???.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-13-2013, 12:39 PM
La is the gang Capitol of America
Downtown La is trash i know, but outside of La the city, its great.

Keep hating.

"Some parts of la are ghetto" not some, but majority of LA is ghetto. "LA county as a whole is beautiful" Long Beach, Compton, Harbor Area, Inglewood, Carson, Artesia, Norwalk, south of Santa Monica is not beautiful. That beautiful 10% of LA, that people see on TV, is not the whole LA.
No need to pimp LA to me, born and raise in Irvine, I know bout LA. Food, girls, attraction, you can find them in any major US cities, but I will give you the weather, the weather is nice.

You just named 10 ghetto citys, there are many more that are nice than ghetto. You must not go out much. Socal is beautiful and there isn't one thing you can't do here. Orange county and most citys outside of LA it's self are great. Socal has the hottest girls bud. trust me I travel alot. there are a few city that have alot(miami being one) but i love me some Orange county blondes. The only other city I can safely say has better food is New York.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-13-2013, 12:41 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

post of the day

Lol that was a good one.

albertajaysfan
03-13-2013, 12:44 PM

I thought Houston could structure the contract any way they wanted? It was only New York that had to match that ugly backloaded one. Once New York declined, Houston could structure it any way they pleased. i.e. AAV for each year instead two cheap years and one super expensive.

albertajaysfan
03-13-2013, 12:45 PM

Keep hating.

You just named 10 ghetto citys, there are many more that are nice than ghetto. You must not go out much. Socal is beautiful and there isn't one thing you can't do here. Orange county and most citys outside of LA it's self are great. Socal has the hottest girls bud. trust me I travel alot. there are a few city that have alot(miami being one) but i love me some Orange county blondes. The only other city I can safely say has better food is New York.

What? Did you mean there are parts LA that are great? Because otherwise you were supporting what the other person said.

ManningToTyree
03-13-2013, 12:56 PM
I thought Houston could structure the contract any way they wanted? It was only New York that had to match that ugly backloaded one. Once New York declined, Houston could structure it any way they pleased. i.e. AAV for each year instead two cheap years and one super expensive.

correct

KnickaBocka.44
03-13-2013, 01:36 PM

Keep hating.

I'm not hating, it's just a funnier view from the outside.

Htownballa1622
03-13-2013, 01:44 PM
They're overpaid because Houston paid them. Idiots. No vision for the future, I guess. Just throwing anything into a pot.

Yeah, because paying 30 million and gasol 20 million is much better right?

And we're the idiots? lmao.

enitialdee
03-13-2013, 02:37 PM

Keep hating.

Dude, no need to pimp LA to me.. It's majority trash, with a sprinkle of nice here and there. Its understandable you're bias, you live in the Hollywood bubble.

He115ing
03-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Ok with letting Lin go, but would not let Asik, Robinson, or Parsons

72 Wins
03-13-2013, 02:52 PM
The only good thing about Houston is the sheer amount of strip clubs.. and on a side note, maybe that's why the all-star games keep on coming back there.

LA4life24/8
03-13-2013, 03:03 PM
They are not getting howard, sorry rockets fans get over yourselves, that's the dumbest **** ive heard

Triple_Ocho
03-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Yeah, because paying 30 million and gasol 20 million is much better right?

And we're the idiots? lmao.

uh... Kobe and Pau on monster contracts is a lil different than Asik and Lin being completely over paid in the final year of their contracts lol. Kobe and Pau led the team to 2 championships. They have the potential to make 1 more run even... You really think Lin and Asik are worth 15 mill in the final year of their contract to another team?

enitialdee
03-13-2013, 03:53 PM
They are not getting howard, sorry rockets fans get over yourselves, that's the dumbest **** ive heard

The cockiest most obnoxious fanbase, telling another fanbase to get over ourselves, now that's some dumb ****(lmao). No one here cares for hollywood Dwigth, or actually think he's coming to Houston.. Rockets got money, and a competetive young squad to sign other big fish, Rockets on the rise son, we good.

enitialdee
03-13-2013, 04:03 PM
As for Lin and Asik overpaid, who cares, that's the owners problem. Rockets still the got lowest payroll, youngest team in the league, and will sign a big free agent in the near future "hopefully Kevin Love"

alexander_37
03-13-2013, 05:18 PM
No way they trade Parsons for anyone but a borderline star SF. Parsons is great defensively and is improving leaps and bounds offensively.

bholly
03-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Not really sure why you quoted me. All I was saying is he went to Houston because the Knicks didn't want to pay him that third year.

Just because you were part of that conversation about the $15m third year hurting Houston. I recognize, though, that you didn't actually agree with him (you just quoted him without saying he was wrong), so apologies.

They didn't get to structure it any way they wanted - they had to have it flat.

Htownballa1622
03-13-2013, 05:52 PM
uh... Kobe and Pau on monster contracts is a lil different than Asik and Lin being completely over paid in the final year of their contracts lol. Kobe and Pau led the team to 2 championships. They have the potential to make 1 more run even... You really think Lin and Asik are worth 15 mill in the final year of their contract to another team?

Because I'm paying their contracts right? I'm talking about their CAP HIT and how it relates to having money to spend while the lakers invest in older players.

You talk about asik and lin's last year and compare it to kobe and pau because they've won two championships? That has zero relevance to my point?

Kobe and pau are much more overpaid than lin and asik's final year.

TrueFan420
03-13-2013, 10:13 PM

Keep hating.

SF/bay area say hi

mightybosstone
03-13-2013, 10:31 PM
The only good thing about Houston is the sheer amount of strip clubs.. and on a side note, maybe that's why the all-star games keep on coming back there.

As someone who has lived in the Houston area most of his life, this is pretty inaccurate. Houston also has no state income tax and is one of the strongest economies in probably the strongest economic state in the nation. They have a pretty solid nightlife, awesome restaurants, art and culture (which is important to some) and the traffic isn't quite as bad as it is in other densely populated cities in the country. Also, there are so many really nice communities just on the outskirts of Houston and buying home here is insanely easy right now. There's a reason why a lot of athletes who have played in Houston end up living here after their careers are over.

Verbal Christ
03-13-2013, 11:05 PM
I think that this illusionist guy is a 2nd account for Domefavors.

enitialdee
03-13-2013, 11:19 PM

Yes Houston has a lot of strip club, why???? Good economy, no state income tax, good quality of life, we got extra $$$$$ to make it rain.. We live good here :)

AIRMAR72
03-14-2013, 01:50 AM
Lin is so overrated the man is BENCH warmer I doubt any team in the league wants his service

mightybosstone
03-14-2013, 01:55 AM
Lin is so overrated the man is BENCH warmer I doubt any team in the league wants his service

Lin is hardly an elite point guard, and probably not anywhere close to the top 10, but to call him a bench warmer or to say no team would want him is flat out ignorant. He's a well above average penetrator, distributor and pick and roll creator, and while he can be a liability at times defensively, he's still a terror in the passing lanes and does an excellent job creating offense through the transition game. And having watched like 80% of the Rockets' games this season, I can honestly say he's improved quite a bit in every aspect of the game. His perimeter shooting has improved considerably, he has cut back on his turnovers and makes more of an effort on defense. I don't think he'll ever be an All-Star, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a very solid career as an above average point guard for a decade or more.

THE MTL
03-14-2013, 01:58 AM
Even if that were true (and I really don't know if it is or not, but it's believable), who cares? Nobody cares about how much and when guys are actually getting their money sent to them - we care about the implications for the team, ie about the cap hit.

Also I don't think that hoopshype link is proof - I think they just wrongly think those are the cap hits each year. A bunch of sites seem to make that mistake.

That definitely still has implications to the team. The cap hit is what your worried about as a fan, but either way at the end of the day you are still paying 30 million for those 2 players, so now combine that with Harden's salary.....in year 3 Houston will pay 3 players 45 million. That can still financially strap a team (cap hit or not). Especially since Houston isnt as large a market as NYC, LA, Miami, or Bos.

alexander_37
03-14-2013, 02:02 AM

Lakers aren't making a run this year and Kobe will be 36 next year. Good luck. What the **** are you talking about with Lin and Asik? Their contract is flat there is no big final year. Not to mention Houston has room for a max contract so I hardly think that matters. Fact is Asik is FAR FAR FAR from overpaid. When Asik is on the floor Houston is 3rd in the NBA in rebounding, when he isn't they are 26th. The Lin deal is more on potential because Lin has steadily been improving all season.

alexander_37
03-14-2013, 02:04 AM
That definitely still has implications to the team. The cap hit is what your worried about as a fan, but either way at the end of the day you are still paying 30 million for those 2 players, so now combine that with Harden's salary.....in year 3 Houston will pay 3 players 45 million. That can still financially strap a team (cap hit or not). Especially since Houston isnt as large a market as NYC, LA, Miami, or Bos.

This whole post is so wrong :pity:. Lin and Asik both make 8.3 per year, so that's wrong. Houston is the 6th biggest market, Alexander is more than wealthy and willing, Houston still has a max contract worth of cap room, and they are in possibly the best position age wise and cap wise in the league.

mightybosstone
03-14-2013, 02:11 AM

This is pretty ignorant. You're making Houston sound like a small market team, when in fact they're easily one of the 10 largest media markets in the country and one of the five largest cities in the country. And as far as NBA teams go, the Rockets are the seventh most profitable franchise in the league. Les Alexander has been a fantastic owner in this league for a hell of a long time, and he won't start pinching pennies now to prevent Morey from building a contender. If he didn't want to pay the money, he wouldn't have let Morey get those guys.

tr3ymill3r
03-14-2013, 02:28 AM
I laugh if Lin goes to the Clippers for Paul and Asik to the Lakers for Howard.

FOBolous
03-14-2013, 05:44 AM

You end up with:

Jennings
Harden
Defensive SF
Smith
Offensive/Rebounding C

Smith and Jennings are players that Morey wouldn't like. too inefficient.

FOBolous
03-14-2013, 05:50 AM

Houston's the 4th most populated city in the United States....larger than both Miami and Boston. Tell me again how Houston's a "small market city?"

The Rockets' also the league's 7th most valuable team (source: Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45likg/7-houston-rockets-3/)) and ranks #5 of all teams in terms of profit (source: Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emdm45hle/5-houston-rockets/))

but yea...i hope the Rockets don't trade Lin or Parsons...i like them a lot :( ideally...the Rockets keep everyone on the roster and just add a star PF

Keep dreaming kid.

there's A LOT of reasons as to why Howard wouldn't want to stay in LA. with that in mind, the only team that have enough cap space to sign Howard outright is Houston. plus there's lots of reasons as to why Howard would want to come to Houston....our youth, potential, and the fact that we're a better TEAM than LA...not to mention the fact that Howard fits our team better then LA. we have tons of 3 pts shooters that can space the floor for him. we also have a better GM that can put a better team around him than LA's GM can :)

My people may I have your attention. Dwight Howard is not leaving LA, he wants to learn from the all time great Kobe Bryant how to win championships. The Lakers will be his team in 2 years.

He's not leaving Hollywood for Houston, keep in mind he lost major endorsements with McDonalds and Gatorade, he isn't going to leave that extra 30 mil on the table.

i'm not understanding how going to the country's 4th most populous city is going to effect his endorsements? and i don't know if you know but Kobe and D12 don't exactly get along. and why would he wait 2 years for LA to become "his" team when he can come go Houston and have his own team right away? plus everyone in LA is OLD!!! who's going to be left to play with D12 in 2 years? 40 years old Nash, Gasol, and Jamison? don't make me laugh :laugh2: unless LA makes some major trades (doubtful considering no one would want LA's OLD players), LA's going to have to rebuild in 2 years. i doubt Howard would want to play through this rebuilding process. in Houston, he'll be the leader of a young WINNING team with potential that's build to win for the next 10 years barring any major injuries.

no matter how you look at it...Houston's a better situation for D12 to be in than LA.

Gram wannabe lmao

Lin essentially makes $7mil/yr...completely reasonable for a player with his production

i beg to differ. there's a reason why Houston...already America's 4th largest city...is also the 4th fastest growing city in America (Source: Forbes) (http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mlj45hfdf/4-houston/). And according to Forbes (source (http://www.forbes.com/sites/morganbrennan/2012/07/26/houston-tops-our-list-of-americas-coolest-cities-to-live/)), Houston is America's coolest city...and one of Houston's suburb, Sugar Land, was recently ranked America's 3rd best place to live by CNN/Money Magazine (source (http://houston.jobing.com/company_profile.asp?i=34415&p=4042)). in addition to all that...more Fortune 500 companies choose Houston as the home of their coporate headquarters than any other city in the United States with the exception of New York City (source (http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/2011/cities/)).

tell me again how Houston's is "crap?"

This. plus Los Angeles' traffic is absolutely HORRIBLE. there's traffic 24/7. pollution is horrendous there too. not to mention LA's the gang capital of the Untied States vs Houston...the energy capital of the world with the nation's top cancer research facilities and the busiest port in the United States. and there's ONE thing that makes Houston a better city than LA...Justin Bieber, Paris Hilton, and the Kardashians don't live here :)

TheNumber37
03-14-2013, 06:49 AM
It's simple, you trade Lin and/or Asik because they both can't be starters on the same title contending team. Asik could start on a contender, but Lin cant... I'd move Lin if I could get a better pairing for Harden (someone who can defend and take care of the ball). And I'd trade both for a dominant big...

They could probably pull off some sort of Milsap/Lin Swap.

benzni
03-14-2013, 08:11 AM
even Dwight doesn't know what he is doing so Idk how anyone here should know where Dwight will end up. Maybe he goes to the Sactown Kings.. Ever think of that

astrosmaniac
03-14-2013, 12:50 PM
if the owner is a cheapskate. But ours isnt. Les Alexander has said he's willing to pay whatever it costs to be competitive (and has paid several straight years of 70+ million payroll if im not mistaken).

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-14-2013, 05:12 PM
Dude, no need to pimp LA to me.. It's majority trash, with a sprinkle of nice here and there. Its understandable you're bias, you live in the Hollywood bubble.
Downtown and a few citys around La are trash, but there are more nice cities in socal than bad ones. So cal is the best place to live.

SF/bay area say hi

Bay area has great food, but I don't think you know what fine dinning is. New York fine dinning is at the top of the pyramid.

enitialdee
03-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Downtown and a few citys around La are trash, but there are more nice cities in socal than bad ones. So cal is the best place to live.
^^^^ BS, just because there's palm trees in the ghetto, doesn't make it less ghetto.. Long story short, SoCal is overrated, overhype, there's nicer things outside the Hollywood bubble, this is coming from a SoCal native.

RollingWave
03-15-2013, 04:25 AM
Jeremy Lin must be the most controversial player EVER for someone who's

1. not commited any felony

2. is from pretty much all statistical POV, kinda average.

3. didn't make insane comments or dress up in an insane matter day in and day out.

I wonder why? :rolleyes:

sventhedog
03-15-2013, 08:02 AM
the rockets must be linsane.