PDA

View Full Version : Bulls' Forum Mock-Trade Deadline: 4) Indiana vs 5) Atlanta

Shammyguy3
03-12-2013, 10:02 AM
Hey everyone. The Bulls' Forum had a Mock-Trade Deadline game again this year, and we need as many votes possible to determine which teams will advance and ultimately which two teams will face each other in the Finals. So please vote for the team that you feel will win in a 7-game series and post why you think so. Assume complete-health for all players. Thanks!

4. Indiana Pacers
G: Gary Neal / Steve Blake / Ben Hansbrough
G: Kobe Bryant / Jeffery Taylor / Orlando Johnson
F: Earl Clarke / Devin Ebanks / Jeffery Adrien / Dominic McGuire
F: Amare Stoudemire / Antawn Jamison
C: DeMarcus Cousins / J.J. Hickson / Ian Mahinmi

Pacers Write-Up:
With my team, its quite obvious there is always that number one option in Kobe, he is a player that is still considered as a top 5 in the league. Can easily go off for 20+ points night in and night out. Then we have Gary Neal at the point the is fully capable of bringing the ball up, plays the hard nosed defense sticking to his man tight. Neal also allows our team to spread the floor a bit more, because if you don't guard him it's your loss. Along with the versatile 3 spot Earl Clark, agile and strong enough to play the 3 and 4. A good young swingman that will hustle his butt off, play defense and drive the lane and take the occasional open jumper. Then to the most impressive part of my team is the front court. Amare and Cousins are both players that can work the ball down-low effeciently, big man that can easily put up 20 a night. Hit the midrange jumpers, both are versatile enough to beat many players in their position and can create their own shot. Both can grab rebounds like a beast, so Kobe and Neal can shoot as will.

Let's take a look at the match ups.

Gary Neal V.S Jeff Teague
Offensively Jeff Teague may potentially be a bigger threat but defensively Gary Neal may be able to provide more with his hard nosed defense. With that being said he is also a very accurate shooter. He will be fully capable of spreading the floor for the Pacers where Jeff Teague may not be as efficient in that case. Tie

Kobe Bryant V.S Rudy Gay
Kobe is still easily recognized as a top 5 player in the league. He can easily torch up 30 points a night, he has also shown he is capable of doing the distributing. It is true Kobe's D is on the decline but in the All-Star game and down the stretch of some game he has shown he can play that hard nosed defense he used to play. We are also forgetting that Kobe is clearly the best closer in clutch moment. This man will help you win games in those moments. It is true Gay can also do that but not as efficiently as Kobe has been, that is a for sure. Gay also doesnt play great defense, maybe good, but not the best. In addition Gay has limited handles to be playing at the 2 spot not to mention he hasnt shown skills in passing neither is he a great shooter. Kobe Wins!

Earl Clark V.S Gerald Wallace
I know Crash has always been a tough player, known for his defense as well. But as of recent its quite obviously his age has got the better of him. He's slown down dramatically, aint as effective as he used to be. Whereas on the other end we got Earl Clark and youthful and energetic swingman that can potentially be like crash when he reaches his peak. Clark is able to play that tough defense he can be the hustle guy as well as play as that scoring swingman from time to time. Earl Clark Wins

Amare V.S Al Jeff
Amare is a very versatile bigman, in NY his stats have taken a hit due to sharing the ball with anthony as well as the paint with Chandler. However, STAT is still able to easily score 20+ a game if he is the first option, he can run the pick and roll efficiently with any PG, and hit the mid range elbow jumper efficiently. Big Al is also a very versatile big man, can hit the mid range jumper, got the low post offense, and plays better defense than Amare does. But Amare still has the speed over Al, and I would say both have around the same shooting efficiency. Tie or Big Al wins by a bit

DMC V.S Bogut
When you compare the both, immediately what comes to mind is that one is DMC is offensively great and Bogut is Defensively great. DMC can easily hit the elbow jumper, create his own shot, own the offense in the low post, extremely agile compared to bogut, way more athletic as well. Bogut is great defensively, but offensively he isnt that great. Injury plays a part to what I see in him, but I feel even if he is healthy and running now, he will lose to DMC easy. DMC win

Bench
Well I have antawn jamison and JJ Hickson on my team both are playing great this year, antawn can spread the floor and JJ is easily a double-double guy. Then I also got steve blake a veteran that can lead this second unit backcourt of young fellows. Steven and Hickson can also run the pick and roll or even the pick and pop with antawn.

5. Atlanta Hawks
PG: Jeff Teague - Devin Harris
SG: Rudy Gay - AJ Price
SF: Gerald Wallace - Kyle Korver
PF: Al Jefferson - Ivan Johnson - Michael Scott
C: Andrew Bogut - Anthony Tolliveer

*** Atlantahas Home-Court Advantage. Atlanta did not send in a write-up.

haggis
03-12-2013, 10:21 AM
I don't like the way Indy fits together at all.

I'm going to have to think about this one.

Guppyfighter
03-12-2013, 10:23 AM
The Pacers are obviously better.

Shammyguy3
03-12-2013, 10:57 AM
I don't like the way Indy fits together at all.

I'm going to have to think about this one.

that along with how awful Rudy Gay is makes this a tough decision for me too

haggis
03-12-2013, 11:05 AM
that along with how awful Rudy Gay is makes this a tough decision for me too

Right. That part.

Obviously Indy has way more talent on the team, but it just doesn't fit for me.

dhopisthename
03-12-2013, 11:25 AM
pacers simply because of kobe.

Shammyguy3
03-12-2013, 11:45 AM
a healthy Bogut decides this for me, and we're assuming complete health. Hawks in 7

Lucky.
03-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Rudy Gay is making it hard for me to vote for Atlanta...

VCaintdead17
03-12-2013, 11:59 AM
I almost want to choose Atlanta simply because Indiana said Gary Neal vs Jeff Teague is a wash

Fukudome
03-12-2013, 01:12 PM
I also want to choose ATL because Al Jefferson is definitely better than STAT. And not to mention the amount of hate STAT gets on here. It's not just Big Al by a bit or a tie, it's just Big Al.

ManRam
03-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Rudy Gay is making it hard for me to vote for Atlanta...

Same here...

I think I'm just gonna abstain.

AP=MVP
03-12-2013, 01:17 PM
I almost want to choose Atlanta simply because Indiana said Gary Neal vs Jeff Teague is a wash

Exactly

BullsNumber1Fan
03-12-2013, 08:13 PM
I don't do write ups anymore because they are all bias. The fact that he said Gary Neal is tied with Jeff Teague and Earl Clark is better than Gerald Wallace proves that. That is AWFUL if he truly believes that.:laugh:

Edit: And Atlanta is supposed to have HCA, not Indiana. I was supposed to be the 4th seed, but Indiana won the Central and got 4th by default...

Edit 2: And he said that Amare/Big Al is a tie?!?! This guy is on crack.:laugh:

KnicksorBust
03-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Amar'e + Cousins frontline...:speechless:

HATE the fit of the Pacers.

ATL easy.

aLau10
03-12-2013, 09:29 PM
I don't do write ups anymore because they are all bias. The fact that he said Gary Neal is tied with Jeff Teague and Earl Clark is better than Gerald Wallace proves that. That is AWFUL if he truly believes that.:laugh:

Edit: And Atlanta is supposed to have HCA, not Indiana. I was supposed to be the 4th seed, but Indiana won the Central and got 4th by default...

Edit 2: And he said that Amare/Big Al is a tie?!?! This guy is on crack.:laugh:

LOL dude I was having trouble doing the writeup, what you want me to say YEH the Hawks beat me in all categories. Gotta convince people why my team is better even if it sounds stupid, if i get the chance to convince people I will.

Shammyguy3
03-12-2013, 11:21 PM
This is the closest matchup without question for the Eastern Conference quarterfinals.

The_Jamal
03-13-2013, 02:11 AM
Indy turned a defensive powerhouse with tons of depth into 3 ISO-heavy offensive players, 2 far-below average starters, an atrocious defense and weak depth. ATL

Shammyguy3
03-13-2013, 03:31 PM
more votes people!

Shammyguy3
03-13-2013, 10:56 PM
last call for this matchup! please make a vote if you haven't yet!

greg_ory_2005
03-13-2013, 11:01 PM
I like the Hawks in this one.

Chacarron
03-13-2013, 11:02 PM
Vino.

That writeup though, llullz.

PocketKings
03-16-2013, 02:43 AM
Seriously both teams are an absolute cluster**** of no real rhyme or reason to how they were built.

I won't even vote because both these teams are hideous. Talented, but hideous and very flawed in their build.

BullsNumber1Fan
03-16-2013, 03:23 PM
Seriously both teams are an absolute cluster**** of no real rhyme or reason to how they were built.

I won't even vote because both these teams are hideous. Talented, but hideous and very flawed in their build.

Yea, I don't know what I was really going with lol. Before I had a Teague - Korver - Gay - Horford - Bogut starting lineup and I liked it much better lol. Oh well.

PocketKings
03-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Yea, I don't know what I was really going with lol. Before I had a Teague - Korver - Gay - Horford - Bogut starting lineup and I liked it much better lol. Oh well.

Lol sorry for bashing your team.

The Pacers team looks like it'll give up 110 ppg+ a night. That team went from one of the elite defensive teams to probably one of the worst defensive teams I've seen built, and offensively the team just would be a cluster**** of madness.

Your team is just odd. I literally look at your team and see PG/SF/SF/C/C. It's just an odd, odd team.

Not just that, but I hate the idea of pairing Jefferson with Bogut. I'd rather pair Jefferson with a defensive-minded, athletic PF ala Ibaka, Taj Gibson versus moving him to the 4 and pairing him with an oft-injury prone C.

Then their is Gay/Wallace on the wings. It just doesn't work for me.
The lack of consistent perimeter shooting with the team would also spell it's doom.

DallasTrilla23
03-17-2013, 10:48 PM
the pacers don't have anyone that will distribute the ball. There's gonna be too many iso plays and not enough passing. Defense is also going to be a big weakness.

Its close but I pick ATL because of this.