PDA

View Full Version : Utah Jazz gets last laugh on Raja Bell

Knick_Fever
03-11-2013, 12:09 AM
The Utah Jazz finally released Raja Bell, but waited until now in order to eliminate him from postseason eligibility with any team. Good move by the Jazz on this one, not letting him dictate when and where he goes.

http://www.examiner.com/article/raja-bell-released-timing-eliminates-him-from-postseason-play

hugepatsfan
03-11-2013, 12:17 AM
Damn that's cold of them but the moral of the story is don't piss off your boss.

imagesrdecievin
03-11-2013, 12:21 AM
Kind of move that will turn off potential FA's in the future.

Hawkeye15
03-11-2013, 12:24 AM
no sympathy for him. You whined like a girl, now you get to own up to your actions.

LA4life24/8
03-11-2013, 12:26 AM
good lol, im glad, i didnt want dantonis panties gettin wet, and LA pickin him up... thank you jazz

UPRock
03-11-2013, 12:32 AM
No sympathy for him, he was whining like a little girl and he was also getting paid for doin' ****.

JasonJohnHorn
03-11-2013, 12:35 AM
Kind of move that will turn off potential FA's in the future.

I'm not sure this will deter guys from signing there. I mean, Utah generally doesn't land a lot of big name free agents, and they have in the past been respectful of players who gave them an honest effort and requested buy-outs or terminations (see Derrick Fisher). Raja Bell had a falling out with the coach, publicly said he wouldn't play for him.

Check out this article explaining his comments:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7905962/utah-jazz-guard-raja-bell-blasts-coach-tyrone-corbin-unprofessional

He went to the media and said this. He said his career with Utah was over while he was still under contract with them and out right refused to play with the coach. I'm not sure how good or bad a coach Corbin is, and maybe Bell was spot on about him, but I haven't heard any other players complain, and Bell's uncompromising position made it hard to work with him.

I think most players will talk to the front office before going to the media and will work with the team on a solution that benefits both parties. If Bell had done that I'm sure they would have reached an agreement in the summer, but he put the heat on the organization be declaring that he would not play for the coach.

Bell's lack of professionalism hurt him this time around. I think other players will see that and this will have no impact on guys signing there in the future.

Besides, they are fighting for a playoff spot right now, to release him for nothing and allow your competitor to pick him up and make them better while the Jazz are sliding in the standings makes no sense. It hurts the team.

Avenged
03-11-2013, 12:38 AM
:laugh2:

he rejected the Lakers and decided to go to Utah instead. Not like the Lakers are doing much better BUUUUUUT he would not have been treated this way in L.A. Heck, we have and have had worse players than him who actually crack the rotation.

Mr_Jones
03-11-2013, 12:52 AM
lolololol

c.c.
03-11-2013, 12:58 AM
That's cold but this is a business

Hellcrooner
03-11-2013, 01:16 AM
IM glad he does not sign for us.
He is crap at this point.

But i think he should SUE the jazz because of malitious malpractice.

kozelkid
03-11-2013, 01:32 AM
But i think he should SUE the jazz because of malitious malpractice.

Of course you do.

futureman
03-11-2013, 12:26 PM
He can still help a team get to the playoffs, he just can't play after the season ends.

kobe4thewinbang
03-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Who cares about Utah? They ain't making the playoffs. If they'd made a deal at the deadline, they might've had a chance. Screwing around with a washed-up defensive player just reminds me of how they have nothing better to do.

Faneik
03-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Who cares about Utah? They ain't making the playoffs. If they'd made a deal at the deadline, they might've had a chance. Screwing around with a washed-up defensive player just reminds me of how they have nothing better to do.

there are other 29 nba teams besides the lakers and every one of them has fans who care about the team