PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies now having a higher winning percentage than the Clippers

Guppyfighter
03-10-2013, 12:14 AM
Technically a half a game behind, but still ahead in terms of winning percentage. Grizzlies certainly look better without Rudy Gay at this time. Thoughts?

Hellcrooner
03-10-2013, 12:32 AM
they are also playing with no Fat Randolph.

go figure.

king4day
03-10-2013, 12:42 AM
How have they been getting their points?
How does Prince, Daye, and Davis look?

rockbottom2010
03-10-2013, 12:48 AM
its gonna go down to the wire between the clippers, grizzlies, and nuggets for the 3rd spot

b@llhog24
03-10-2013, 01:03 AM
they are also playing with no Fat Randolph.

go figure.

They're not beating anyone in the playoffs without him.

b@llhog24
03-10-2013, 01:05 AM
And I'm not obnoxious, nor do I like to gloat but Rudy has been HORRIBLE in TOR.

19.3 shots to score 19.6 points. :puke:

Aust
03-10-2013, 01:07 AM
Would love to see an unsexy team make it to the Finals for a change. Grizzlies-Pacers ftw

b@llhog24
03-10-2013, 01:09 AM
Would love to see an unsexy team make it to the Finals for a change. Grizzlies-Pacers ftw

I'd rather watch Women's tennis. Those ratings would bomb.

Aust
03-10-2013, 01:12 AM

**** the ratings

Guppyfighter
03-10-2013, 01:14 AM

That would be good, fundamentally sound basketball. How could you not enjoy that.

Slug3
03-10-2013, 01:26 AM
That would be good, fundamentally sound basketball. How could you not enjoy that.

I would enjoy that series. But the casual fan (that Stern loves) would hate it.

Hawkeye15
03-10-2013, 01:29 AM
wait, do people still think Gay is a premiere talent?

tp13baby
03-10-2013, 01:59 AM
Im so indifferent as a Nuggets fan who I want to play in the first round. I think third is possible, but the way Memphis and the Clips are playing it may not happen. I am hoping for a four seed which is certainly possible. 5 seed is where we are. I am leaning towards to playing Memphis in the first round although they are a very very good team. Playoff time I'm excited.

For the East. I would love to see the Pacers do it. But I have always been a Lebron fan.

mzgrizz
03-10-2013, 02:04 AM
The upcoming game with the Clips should be epic. They got us early in the season there and I'd love to even it out a bit. That'll be huge for the 3 spot as Denver is edging up closer and closer.

Chronz
03-10-2013, 02:25 AM
I dont care for positioning just yet. As far as the actual relevance, Im confident that we have the superior club based on our SRS.

b@llhog24
03-10-2013, 02:28 AM

Cause I like women's tennis. :shrug:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?70677-T-Blaze-Fan-Sign-In&p=24011824#post24011824

heyman321
03-10-2013, 02:28 AM
And I'm not obnoxious, nor do I like to gloat but Rudy has been HORRIBLE in TOR.

Gloat on. Raptors are in for anther 5-6 years of misery. The smart thing to do would have been to keep Ed Davis and tank for Wiggins who is a Lebron tier talent. Now we are stuck with a glorified version of Wilson Chandler = Rudy Gay, who is a homeless man who spun out of control on coke's version of a "closer".

b@llhog24
03-10-2013, 02:29 AM
Seriously though, of the finals matchups I'd like to see. Pacers vs Grizzles is probably one of the lowest on my list.

kblo247
03-10-2013, 02:34 AM
Clippers don't want Denver ... That's a nightmare, but it would be great for the league overall if the 1/4/5/8 bracket was OKC/LAC/Den/GS

b@llhog24
03-10-2013, 02:34 AM
Gloat on. Raptors are in for anther 5-6 years of misery. The smart thing to do would have been to keep Ed Davis and tank for Wiggins who is a Lebron tier talent. Now we are stuck with a glorified version of Wilson Chandler = Rudy Gay, who is a homeless man who spun out of control on coke's version of a "closer".

Funny thing is, I like Gay as a player. But of all the seasons and the teams to trade for him is why I was against the trade from a TOR standpoint.

Chronz
03-10-2013, 02:39 AM
Clippers don't want Denver ... That's a nightmare, but it would be great for the league overall if the 1/4/5/8 bracket was OKC/LAC/Den/GS

Not that I disagree but what makes Denver any different from any other contender?

Clippersfan86
03-10-2013, 03:10 AM
People seem to be judging the Clippers based on their recent struggles but forget that in general they've done a good job vs "contenders" this year. As long as they can correct recent bad habits they can beat anybody in a 7 game series. Today practice went over 2 hours really hammering the guys so I hope there is a big pay off.

The Clippers have owned the Grizzlies twice.. once by 10 in LA and once by 26 without CP3 in Memphis. I'm as confident as ever that in a 7 game series we whoop them. Denver, Spurs and Warriors are the 3 teams I'd prefer to avoid although again we CAN beat them.

People don't seem to know that the Clippers have also had Bledsoe and Crawford either out or playing with injuries for the last 2-3 weeks as well and those are the best bench players we have, so it's not a small loss. Anyways... Clippers will still finish with the 3 I believe and have another nice win streak to end the season. If not we play Denver in the first round and get a chance at payback so I'm down with that too.

tp13baby
03-10-2013, 03:14 AM
Golden State is a very hard matchup as a 3rd seed. If I remember correctly we have the tie breaker on the Clips. Denver will probably have the tie breaker on Memphis regardless of a loss to Memphis.
Correct me if I am wrong. But since Memphis is in a different division it goes

1. Head to head
2. Record in Conference

Right?

Guppyfighter
03-10-2013, 03:16 AM
Golden State is a very hard matchup as a 3rd seed. If I remember correctly we have the tie breaker on the Clips. Denver will probably have the tie breaker on Memphis regardless of a loss to Memphis.
Correct me if I am wrong. But since Memphis is in a different division it goes

1. Head to head
2. Record in Conference

Right?
I believe this is correct.

Vinny642
03-10-2013, 03:34 AM
Rudy Gay is quite inefficient.. WOW

Chronz
03-10-2013, 03:41 AM
I believe this is correct.

Why are you guys mentioning the Warriors again? Havent they been sliding into oblivion?

Guppyfighter
03-10-2013, 03:44 AM
Why are you guys mentioning the Warriors again? Havent they been sliding into oblivion?

Nah, we are fine.

Chronz
03-10-2013, 03:52 AM
Nah, we are fine.

What seed you see them finishing with?

Guppyfighter
03-10-2013, 03:54 AM
What seed you see them finishing with?

Probably seventh or sixth. I'd say it's 50-50.

dalton749
03-10-2013, 04:08 AM
ed davis is very little drop off from zbo which is why he will be the starter very soon. kids legit, memphis is way better off with him and spending zbo money elsewhere

setman2000
03-10-2013, 04:17 AM
Crazy how good the Grizz have been since the trade, I thought for sure the Nuggets would catch them for the 4th spot and they still might. Big game this week with Memphis at Denver.

Some Nuggies Love?!: Now 42-22 still having played more road games than home games. 8 game win streak with 12 in a row at home and 24-6 over their last 30 (that's 80%!). 28-3 Home Court Record! ...and all this without a single all star this year. Love watching this TEAM of unselfish, athletic players run non-stop and ALWAYS sharing the ball. No one misses the ball stopper who wanted the limelight!

Manimal
03-10-2013, 04:44 AM
3rd seed will probably end up facing the Lakers, as Lakers are primed for that 6th seed.

Let's see whether the Clippers man up for the Lakers or tank to avoid them.

I believe the Clippers will tank and avoid the Lakers. I wouldn't blame them, I don't want the Nuggets to face the Lakers either.

Chronz
03-10-2013, 12:56 PM
3rd seed will probably end up facing the Lakers, as Lakers are primed for that 6th seed.

Let's see whether the Clippers man up for the Lakers or tank to avoid them.

I believe the Clippers will tank and avoid the Lakers. I wouldn't blame them, I don't want the Nuggets to face the Lakers either.
You actually think that?

Clippersfan86
03-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Lol we beat the Lakers by 24 going into ASW when they had won something like 7 of 8. Not sure why anybody would think THAT is the team we want to avoid. I'd rather avoid Denver or the Warriors if possible but the Lakers don't worry me. Craziest thing of all is as bad as they seem lately the Clippers have still won 8 of 10. Problem is their two losses were blowouts to teams they will likely see in the playoffs and need to beat.

Good news is we have a group of guys who works hard, loves playing together and most likely will step up. Sometimes I have to remind myself that this is only the 2nd year our core has been together. OKC, Memphis, Spurs etc have had their core guys together 4-5+ years. It takes time to build that chemistry to where you've seen every situation as a TEAM. Not to mention every year we seem to have 6-10 new players.

We need to move Bledsoe+DJ for a final 3rd piece this summer then we will have even more experience for a real title run the next couple years.

Sly Guy
03-10-2013, 01:06 PM

the most annoying part as a raps fan is I knew it before the trade went down. Demar was on his level as a #1 guy, and Demar's no #1 guy.

Manimal
03-10-2013, 01:06 PM
You actually think that?

Again that is my opinion, no one knows how confident they are in that locker room.

But I really doubt anyone in that top 5 wants a piece of the Lakers in the first round.

Nuggets especially, been burnt by the Lakers one too many times.

1.SA
2. OKC
3. LAC
4. DEN
5. MEM
6. LAL
7. HOU
8. GSW

This would be perfect for the Nuggets. I just feel we matchup better against the Spurs. Plus we avoid the "superstar" calls that OKC/LAC/LAL routinely get.

Again not looking past Memphis, but we matchup well against them and with HCA in the first round we should win.

Clippersfan86
03-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Manimal I think you'd do better off doing research before making statements. The Clippers are the only top 10 team in the NBA that has not only a negative free throw differential (means we shoot less free throws than our opponents on average) but we are nowhere near the top in differential, free throws attempted or anything. Yet we do rank 1st in techs, 5th in fouling and if there was a stat to prove it we'd likely rank 1st in misc violations.

Point is the Clippers get absolutely no love from refs and we don't get superstar calls. Griffin gets punched in the face without a foul call.

HouRealCoach
03-10-2013, 01:12 PM
With all do respect they have beaten teams like Cavs, Timberwolves, Kings, Trailblazers, Magic, Hornets, etc.

They aren't a threat to go far in the playoffs

Manimal
03-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Manimal I think you'd do better off doing research before making statements. The Clippers are the only top 10 team in the NBA that has not only a negative free throw differential (means we shoot less free throws than our opponents on average) but we are nowhere near the top in differential, free throws attempted or anything. Yet we do rank 1st in techs, 5th in fouling and if there was a stat to prove it we'd likely rank 1st in misc violations.

Point is the Clippers get absolutely no love from refs and we don't get superstar calls. Griffin gets punched in the face without a foul call.

Come playoff's (TV money making time), which team do you reckon will get the calls. The big market LAC with superstars like CP3 and Griffin or the small market Nuggets who inspite of having the biggest W streak in the Western Conference and having the best home record in the NBA get no mention in the mainstream media and have no "superstars".

We all know how "officiating" works in the NBA Playoffs. Most Nuggets fans learn to live with it. Would like to avoid the big market teams before the playoffs. And don't even get me started on OKC, it's like you breath on them and they get to the FT line. It's ****ing disgusting.

Clippersfan86
03-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Come playoff's (TV money making time), which team do you reckon will get the calls. The big market LAC with superstars like CP3 and Griffin or the small market Nuggets who inspite of having the biggest W streak in the Western Conference and having the best home record in the NBA get no mention in the mainstream media and have no "superstars".

We all know how "officiating" works in the NBA Playoffs. Most Nuggets fans learn to live with it. Would like to avoid the big market teams before the playoffs. And don't even get me started on OKC, it's like you breath on them and they get to the FT line. It's ****ing disgusting.

Nuggets usually win the battle of reffing against us. They are a more aggressive team and refs don't hate the Nuggets like they do our players for some reason. If the NBA protected the Clippers like they do the other top teams our players wouldn't be getting punched without foul calls and Ibaka would have gotten ejected last week. Point is while I agree that exists with the Lakers and Thunder... the Nuggets don't have to worry about biased reffing for the Clippers in a series.

I don't think media hype affects refs. I think in general the Nuggets are one of the most likable teams in the NBA around the media/analysts. Sure they don't get as much press but nobody rips them apart or disrespects them either like they do with some of the other contenders.

ManRam
03-10-2013, 01:33 PM
People shouldn't be surprised at the short term outcome of this trade.

And long term, it's just gonna get better for Memphis, and just be much of the same for Toronto.

rocket
03-10-2013, 01:36 PM

Yeah but he's clutch bro!!!

Manimal
03-10-2013, 01:37 PM
People shouldn't be surprised at the short term outcome of this trade.

And long term, it's just gonna get better for Memphis, and just be much of the same for Toronto.

No doubt. Toronto bailed Memphis out of a huge contract for an inefficient player. Still though Memphis needs a 3-point threat in the playoffs.

If Mike Conley gets hot in any playoff series for the Grizzlies, its a wrap for that series.

sportscrazed
03-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Everyone believes that their teams get no calls from refs. It's pretty funny.

Clippersfan86
03-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Everyone believes that their teams get no calls from refs. It's pretty funny.

True but in the Clippers case the numbers support these claims. Every other "contender" has a positive differential in free throws.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/differential-per-game/sort/avgFreeThrowsAttemptedDifference

Clippers rank 15th despite being an athletic, aggressive team. Like I said we are also 5th in fouls rate, 1st in techs and get called for more misc violations (traveling, 3 seconds, carrying, delay of game) than any other team I'm sure.

You won't find this situation with any other contender. Hell I have multiple videos of players cheapshotting our guys in front of 1-2 refs and not even getting a regular foul call. This isn't me whining, it's reality.

sportscrazed
03-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Well, Chicago has the same FTA differential as the Clippers and teams like the Clippers and the Knicks (both contenders) are going to draw a lot of techs due to the hot heads on both teams.

Clippersfan86
03-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Well, Chicago has the same FTA differential as the Clippers and teams like the Clippers and the Knicks (both contenders) are going to draw a lot of techs due to the hot heads on both teams.

Chicago isn't a contender without Rose and their superstar is out. Chicago definitely doesn't get biased reffing that stands out even with Rose though, so you could make a case that they get screwed over a little bit as well. I think Bulls with Rose, Grizzlies, Clippers all get the shaft in terms of contenders not getting calls. Not sure what to make of NY because that team shoots so many transition 3's it's impossible to draw fouls.

I agree the techs are related to having a lot of hot heads but at the same time teams are allowed to do what they want against us without getting techs. Basically our guys usually get instigated.

mzgrizz
03-10-2013, 02:30 PM
This next 10 days should shake it out pretty well. 4 games in 5 nights with both LAC and Denver out west will be a real test for what the Grizz really are.

Blitzbolt
03-10-2013, 02:32 PM
1.The assist numbers have gone way up since the Trade Rudy slow downs the game with to many iso's.
2.Mike Conley has step his game up yet again alot of people don't like him but he is the one who keeps us going especially at the end of games.
3.MARC GASOL IS TAKING MORE SHOTS<<is that simple his assist and scoring numbers have been better then ever since the trade.
4.Prince is a better fit especially on defense.And Ed Davis is gonna be great in our low post system for years to come.
5.BEST DEFENSE IN THE NBA

At end of the day the Grizzlies are a boring team and that's why fans like the Clipps and Nuggets in the playoffs and I don't blame them.

Blitzbolt
03-10-2013, 02:39 PM
The Clippers have owned the Grizzlies twice.. once by 10 in LA and once by 26 without CP3 in Memphis. I'm as confident as ever that in a 7 game series we whoop them. Denver, Spurs and Warriors are the 3 teams I'd prefer to avoid although again we CAN beat them.
First game was opening night in LA that was years ago.This is a whole new grizz team this time we have 6 new players.

Is not how you start is how you finish.

Clippersfan86
03-10-2013, 05:31 PM
First game was opening night in LA that was years ago.This is a whole new grizz team this time we have 6 new players.

How about beating you guys 11 of the last 12 times in the regular season, beating you in a playoff series with 5 best players injured and not having HCA? Point is while I respect the Grizzlies, feel they are dangerous and a great team... I'm not worried about them due to matchups.

Chronz
03-10-2013, 05:48 PM

I will admit, getting rid of Gay has made me think twice about my preference to play you guys. Im not as confident in us CRUSHING you as I was before the trade+subsequent run.

Cracka2HI!
03-10-2013, 05:53 PM
The playoff races for 3rd and 6th in the West are going to be fun! At this point of the season it looks like Memphis and Denver are playing better than the Clippers. Not by a wide margin tho. The Clippers still look strong but there are a lot of tough teams in the West. Holding onto that 3 spot could be huge for the Clippers chances. As much as GS used to scare me, I'll take them all day over possibly going against Memphis or Denver without HCA.

Blitzbolt
03-10-2013, 06:26 PM
No one is CRUSHING Memphis after or before the trade whoever play us is gonna get a 6 or 7 game series and all the games will be close and even if a team beats us the physical beating is gonna cost them the next series.

Chronz
03-10-2013, 06:42 PM
No one is CRUSHING Memphis after or before the trade whoever play us is gonna get a 6 or 7 game series and all the games will be close and even if a team beats us the physical beating is gonna cost them the next series.

We had a 7 game series against you guys last year and we were injured up the ***, without HCA and without the talent additions. This years Clippers squad is posting far superior marks, forgive me for not sharing your confidence.

You guys really dropped the pooch with the Speights trade IMO. He killed us last year

Chronz
03-10-2013, 06:42 PM
The playoff races for 3rd and 6th in the West are going to be fun! At this point of the season it looks like Memphis and Denver are playing better than the Clippers. Not by a wide margin tho. The Clippers still look strong but there are a lot of tough teams in the West. Holding onto that 3 spot could be huge for the Clippers chances. As much as GS used to scare me, I'll take them all day over possibly going against Memphis or Denver without HCA.
Agreed

DR_1
03-10-2013, 07:29 PM

I'd love to watch that series. That would be great, pure basketball.

tp13baby
03-10-2013, 08:14 PM
As a Denver fan who ever we play is a great team and is a 2 seed in the east. GS might be around a 5 seed.

MrfadeawayJB
03-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Grizz are a better TEAM after the Rudy Gay trade.

Clippersfan86
03-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Grizz are a better TEAM after the Rudy Gay trade.

Clippers are a significantly better team than last year too. Injury problems aren't helping to show that right now but they will bounce back.

KnicksorBust
03-10-2013, 09:05 PM
I have no confidence in the Grizz in the playoffs. I'm willing to make any type of sig bet that any Grizz fan wants to get in on. I'll go sig bet for a month if you are interested.

LA4life24/8
03-10-2013, 09:44 PM

im so glad the lakers were no where near Gay at the trade deadline

LA4life24/8
03-10-2013, 09:49 PM
Seriously though, of the finals matchups I'd like to see. Pacers vs Grizzles is probably one of the lowest on my list.

yeah, and i REALLY do not want to see a rematch of heat vs thunder again... i really dont, id honestly like to see two different teams this year, somethin spurs vs pacers or knicks maybe? just so its at least semi fun to watch, F the ratings, i just wanna see some good TEAM play, not superstars ( unless of course the LAKERS miraculously got to the finals lol) doubtful :P

HouRealCoach
03-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Kinda sad when you think about how good the Grizzlies could have been... & I can't believe how many of you are praising them because they are playing HORRIBLE teams

b@llhog24
03-10-2013, 10:09 PM
yeah, and i REALLY do not want to see a rematch of heat vs thunder again... i really dont, id honestly like to see two different teams this year, somethin spurs vs pacers or knicks maybe? just so its at least semi fun to watch, F the ratings, i just wanna see some good TEAM play, not superstars ( unless of course the LAKERS miraculously got to the finals lol) doubtful :P

Never said it had to be a Heat vs Thunder Matchup. But if you wan't to see team basketball, the Celtics play better team basketball than the Pacers and the Spurs play better team basketball than the Grizzlies. So not really convinced on why Pacers vs Grizzles is being viewed as a prime time matchup here.

MrfadeawayJB
03-10-2013, 11:34 PM
Kinda sad when you think about how good the Grizzlies could have been... & I can't believe how many of you are praising them because they are playing HORRIBLE teams

Are you suggesting that the grizz were better with Rudy Gay? I still think the team has time to gel even more and will continue to improve on the already stellar play. Yes, the grizz have not had the toughest schedule as of late, but winning 12 out of the last 13 games and only losing to Miami by a small margin is very good. The next 4 games in 5 days will tell quite a bit about the team with games @Portland, @LAC, @Denver, and @Utah

MrfadeawayJB
03-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Never said it had to be a Heat vs Thunder Matchup. But if you wan't to see team basketball, the Celtics play better team basketball than the Pacers and the Spurs play better team basketball than the Grizzlies. So not really convinced on why Pacers vs Grizzles is being viewed as a prime time matchup here.

This is the last matchup i want to see! It will be the same outcome, guarenteed! Miami plays small ball better than OKC

mzgrizz
03-10-2013, 11:38 PM
This will be a moot point in about 10 minutes when the Clips notch the W
Wednesday night will be HUGE

Clippersfan86
03-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Clippers now jump a full game ahead (it's weird how this works sometimes) with a 30+ point domination of the Pistons. I think the Clippers who should have Bledsoe and Crawford back healthy by Wednesday will win to sweep the Grizzlies.

Chronz
03-11-2013, 12:27 AM
Again that is my opinion, no one knows how confident they are in that locker room.

But I really doubt anyone in that top 5 wants a piece of the Lakers in the first round.

Nuggets especially, been burnt by the Lakers one too many times.

1.SA
2. OKC
3. LAC
4. DEN
5. MEM
6. LAL
7. HOU
8. GSW

This would be perfect for the Nuggets. I just feel we matchup better against the Spurs. Plus we avoid the "superstar" calls that OKC/LAC/LAL routinely get.

Again not looking past Memphis, but we matchup well against them and with HCA in the first round we should win.
So you think Lawson has changed his stance on the Lakers? And yeah, as much as I respect the Grizz, they are a clear preference if your not going to play Houston. The top5 are clearly Denver, LAL/LAC, SAS, OKC

PatsSoxKnicks
03-11-2013, 02:00 AM
I have no confidence in the Grizz in the playoffs. I'm willing to make any type of sig bet that any Grizz fan wants to get in on. I'll go sig bet for a month if you are interested.

Please tell me thats not because you think them not having Gay will hurt them in the playoffs. I was absolutely shredding Gay during the NBA re-draft and went on and on about how overrated he is. And since the trade, Memphis has been killing it with their offense actually improving (yes, replacing Gay Iso's with Gasol/Z-Bo post ups is actually a good thing). Anyways, yeah Rudy Gay- WAY overrated by most.

As for Memphis in the playoffs, I think it comes down to how well Z-Bo plays. If Memphis is able to get the Z-Bo from 2 years ago, they can absolutely make a run but if not, I'm not sure that Gasol is assertive enough to carry them.

HouRealCoach
03-11-2013, 02:13 AM
Are you suggesting that the grizz were better with Rudy Gay? I still think the team has time to gel even more and will continue to improve on the already stellar play. Yes, the grizz have not had the toughest schedule as of late, but winning 12 out of the last 13 games and only losing to Miami by a small margin is very good. The next 4 games in 5 days will tell quite a bit about the team with games @Portland, @LAC, @Denver, and @Utah

Not just that, It's because they lost OJ Mayo for nothing, Drafted Xavier Henry & Hasheem Thabeet in the lottery (two straight terrible picks), Also traded away Vasquez who has turned into a damn good all around pg, Traded away Ellington & Speights who were playing good for them off of the bench for nothing basically along with giving away a first rounder... Add all of that up & it just makes you think how good & deep they could have really been

They are a good team but they are not on SAS or OKC level...

Cracka2HI!
03-11-2013, 04:25 AM
The NBA probably won't bill it as such but I think Memphis vs Clippers Wednesday is the biggest game of the season so far. 2 teams playing what is probably their biggest rival in a game that directly effects playoff position. If the NBA marketed games like this they might have more than 3-4 marque teams!

Manimal
03-11-2013, 05:13 AM
The NBA probably won't bill it as such but I think Memphis vs Clippers Wednesday is the biggest game of the season so far. 2 teams playing what is probably their biggest rival in a game that directly effects playoff position. If the NBA marketed games like this they might have more than 3-4 marque teams!

It's on the same night as Melo returns to Denver, which is on national TV.