PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Clutch

rhjr06
03-09-2013, 11:18 AM
After watching last nights game against Toronto, has there ever been a better clutch shooter with the game on the line than Kobe?? I grew up watching Jordan,Bird and Magic. Always thought Jordan was the best, but with the game on the line who do you give the edge to or who do you want taking your shot?

Pre 1980's was there anyone that could compare to these two??

HouRealCoach
03-09-2013, 11:27 AM
You wanna make this assumption because of a regular season game vs. Toronto... You guys are getting carried away with these Kobe threads

But I think Reggie Miller is the most clutch player

rhjr06
03-09-2013, 11:32 AM
You wanna make this assumption because of a regular season game vs. Toronto... You guys are getting carried away with these Kobe threads

But I think Reggie Miller is the most clutch player

iam making this comment cuz kobe has done it time and time again throughout his career...reggie was clutch but as kobe or jordan, imo not close!

hidalgo
03-09-2013, 11:36 AM
i'd take Michael Jordan first, Reggie Miller 2nd

kobe shoots like 30% in game winning shots, MJ shot 50%

HouRealCoach
03-09-2013, 11:36 AM
iam making this comment cuz kobe has done it time and time again throughout his career...reggie was clutch but as kobe or jordan, imo not close!

Well the way u worded made it seem like you said it because of last night's game.. & be for real, Reggie Miller has had some of the most clutch moments ever, in the playoffs & in the regular season. You are making it seem like I'm saying he's a better player then the two which I know isn't close but to say he's not close to them as far as clutch genes, you must have some true problems sir

SportsFanatic10
03-09-2013, 11:37 AM
overreaction thread

hidalgo
03-09-2013, 11:39 AM
for now days i'd take Durant

KnicksorBust
03-09-2013, 11:42 AM
There's plenty of links that prove that Kobe's "Clutch" skills are overrated. Here's the first one I clicked on:

http://chasing23.com/the-myth-of-playoff-kobe/

It shows that up to 2011 Kobe had only shot 31% in the clutch during the regular season and down into the 20's for post-season. The fact of the matter is he just takes far more clutch shots than any other player in the league and that's why it feels like Kobe hits so many shots. Jordan is miles superior to Kobe in this category.

KnicksorBust
03-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Oh and by the way "Mr. Clutch" was Jerry West's nickname. :)

JesusWears24
03-09-2013, 11:51 AM
For me...... Lebron, Wade, and Ray Allen are the the best in late game situations.

Lebron: Do you see how nice his layups are!?!?!:speechless:

Wade: Nobody can draw fouls better than him....They come from thin air! :confused:

Ray Ray: This ***** can shoot! :cool:

Laker fans are gonna come in here and ruin everything as usual...

Minimal
03-09-2013, 11:54 AM
There are stats. One of them says Kobe missed the most clutch shots in NBA history.

naps
03-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Kobephiles are going nuts wow! There is a reason why I think Kobe is the most overrated star of all time.

naps
03-09-2013, 11:56 AM
There are stats. One of them says Kobe missed the most clutch shots in NBA history.

^^^

There's plenty of links that prove that Kobe's "Clutch" skills are overrated. Here's the first one I clicked on:

http://chasing23.com/the-myth-of-playoff-kobe/

It shows that up to 2011 Kobe had only shot 31% in the clutch during the regular season and down into the 20's for post-season. The fact of the matter is he just takes far more clutch shots than any other player in the league and that's why it feels like Kobe hits so many shots. Jordan is miles superior to Kobe in this category.

But ze stl the gratest!

DumDum
03-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Clutch isn't a real thing espn made it up for you non-basketball fans can talk about something around the water cooler so you don't sound full ****** when people who watch basketball talk about the game

DumDum
03-09-2013, 12:00 PM

lakes fans know this they chose not to talk about it because its a weakness and lord knows jelly beans can't have a single weakness or they will be riots in the streets of LA :mad:

JesusWears24
03-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Clutch isn't a real thing espn made it up for you non-basketball fans can talk about something around the water cooler so you don't sound full ****** when people who watch basketball talk about the game

Someone get this guy a sucker. Great Post:clap::cheers::D;):rolleyes:

ldawg
03-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Well the way u worded made it seem like you said it because of last night's game.. & be for real, Reggie Miller has had some of the most clutch moments ever, in the playoffs & in the regular season. You are making it seem like I'm saying he's a better player then the two which I know isn't close but to say he's not close to them as far as clutch genes, you must have some true problems sirno Kobe has made a number of clutch shots sorry facts are facts

CavsYanksDuke
03-09-2013, 12:05 PM
overreaction thread

+99883737

We get it, Kobe can look like old Kobe against only terrible teams. Congrats.

superior
03-09-2013, 12:09 PM

LMAO!!!.......wait.....youre joking right?

hidalgo
03-09-2013, 12:10 PM
and we're supposed to believe he's so old, like 80 years old doing this. 34 isn't that old, especailly in the NBA when you haven't had a major injury(not like his ticky tack overblown BS injuries, look at me give me attention i'm so brave for playing through this phony injury, & make sure everyone knows about it all day on espn. a true injury takes you out, peroid). he's not 40 years old, or 80 years old. he's a young 34

Michael Jordan & Karl Malone both won MVP at age 35 (MJ finals mvp as well). Kareem won finals mvp at age 38. 34 is not old at all when you're in good shape in the NBA (& not old whatsoever in life outside sports)

rhjr06
03-09-2013, 12:11 PM

well of these "stats" that u have read who has made the most game winning shots in nba history? just curious these "stats" how many has kobe made?

DumDum
03-09-2013, 12:12 PM
LMAO!!!.......wait.....youre joking right?

why would I . Hollywood hog wash

b@llhog24
03-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Bird.

ldawg
why would I . Hollywood hog washdude every real fan of the game knows what clutch shots mean

DaLakerz Rulz
and we're supposed to believe he's so old, like 80 years old doing this. 34 isn't that old, especailly in the NBA when you haven't had a major injury(not like his ticky tack overblown BS injuries, look at me give me attention i'm so brave for playing through this phony injury, & make sure everyone knows about it all day on espn. a true injury takes you out, peroid). he's not 40 years old, or 80 years old. he's a young 34

Haha nice one this has to be in your top 10 trolls. Young 34 lol.

b@llhog24

Michael Jordan & Karl Malone both won MVP at age 35. it's not old at all when you're in good shape in the NBA (& not old whatsoever in life outside sports)

:laugh:

ldawg
03-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Kobe is Baws only Kobe can over shadow miami 17 game win streak.. ha ha

JesusWears24
03-09-2013, 12:19 PM

Michael Jordan & Karl Malone both won MVP at age 35. it's not old at all when you're in good shape in the NBA (& not old whatsoever in life outside sports)

Thats exactly how i feel. Kobe doesnt get hurt. He fakes it in order to get sympathy from the media because he loves attention.Lebron is the best ever. Kobe is just a big faker, and thats true 34 isnt old at all in a league dominated by young athletic freaks.

ldawg
03-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Thats exactly how i feel. Kobe doesnt get hurt. He fakes it in order to get sympathy from the media because he loves attention.Lebron is the best ever. Kobe is just a big faker, and thats true 34 isnt old at all in a league dominated by young athletic freaks.You Kobeing

DumDum
03-09-2013, 12:21 PM
dude every real fan of the game knows what clutch shots mean

no shots mean shots :clap:

JesusWears24
03-09-2013, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=ldawg;25581105]You Kobeing[/QUOTE

I'm not a rapper.

ldawg
03-09-2013, 12:29 PM
no shots mean shots :clap: its an adjective done or accomplished in a critical situation, a clutch shot that won the basketball game, dependable in crucial situations: a clutch player = Kobe Bean Bryant aka black Mamba. The Lakers are in a critical situation of missing the playoffs and Kobe has risen to the occasion. Is he the only clutch player? no but kobe has made a number of big shots in his career. just ask self proclaim kobe stopper Ruben Patterson if he still has Kobe shoes.

DQL
03-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Clutchness is overrated. Great players should dominate throughout the games and finish them off early instead of letting it come down to the final minute/possession. There are 48 minutes in a basketball game, not one.

DumDum
03-09-2013, 12:44 PM
its an adjective done or accomplished in a critical situation, a clutch shot that won the basketball game, dependable in crucial situations: a clutch player = Kobe Bean Bryant aka black Mamba. The Lakers are in a critical situation of missing the playoffs and Kobe has risen to the occasion. Is he the only clutch player? no

shots a shot it has to go in right , kobe misses more than he makes

ldawg
03-09-2013, 12:48 PM
shots a shot it has to go in right , kobe misses more than he makesyou have to miss some to make some. And by no means you will have a high percentage in those moments.

rhjr06
03-09-2013, 12:49 PM
shots a shot it has to go in right , kobe misses more than he makes
we are talking about game winning shots!! also can u name one player that doesnt miss more than he takes???

DumDum
03-09-2013, 12:51 PM
everybody > jelly beans :clap:

ldawg
03-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Paul Pierce, Kobe, KG, Duncan, the new Lebron this year, Durant, jr Smith just to name a few players that have that self confidence to take those and want those shots.

JesusWears24
03-09-2013, 12:52 PM
everybody > jelly beans :clap:

Yeah i agree. I would take a person over jelly beans also. Just like i would take blow pops over DumDums.

ldawg
03-09-2013, 12:55 PM
everybody > jelly beans :clap:dont hate kobe is a baws he has been entertaining for years as one of the best players to lace em up. the fact that we are still taking about a player 16 years in says it for itself. The game will miss him. God knows Lakers will.

DumDum
03-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Yeah i agree. I would take a person over jelly beans also. Just like i would take blow pops over DumDums.

if thats your fancy :k:

DumDum
03-09-2013, 12:58 PM
15 this season not over , and he sat on the bench for two years , later I got a french class to go to

ldawg
03-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Kobe is Baws not once can i remember Kobe running away from a pressured moment.

hidalgo
03-09-2013, 01:21 PM
what the hell is baws?

Jimmer55
03-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Kobe is better than Lebron. Lebron is bigger, stronger, and faster than everybody ; but his game is ugly. Jordan nailed his weak game down to a tee, and Kobe embarrassed him in the ASG. Got locked down by a 40 year old man.

Kobe might not have performed his best in moments, but he's never been scared. I've seen Lebron just quit and be terrified too many times. Kobe has intangibles, Lebron has padded stats. People bring up Kobe's bad finals game, but I saw Lebron play the worst two Finals I've ever seen for a super star.

Wake me up when Lebron has 5 rings. Wake me up when Lebron can drop almost 70 points in just 3 quarters. Wake me up when Lebron can score over 80 points in a game. and I'm sorry, Lebron isn't close to the lockdown defender Kobe is. You kids these days are clueless. You all think Little Wayne is the best rapper ever too. It's shameful.

Lebron was also just recently linked to steroids.

hidalgo
03-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Kobe isn't anywhere near 40 years old, wtf are you smoking? and LeBron owns Kobe in real NBA games. nobody tries in all star games except Kobe going all bananas against allstar defense that lets him do whatever, cause it's a freaking allstar game, no defense ever. LeBron wasn't trying, & we see it year after year when the games matter LeBron busts Kobe up

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Kobephiles are going nuts wow! There is a reason why I think Kobe is the most overrated star of all time.

Lol keep hating kid.

hidalgo
03-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Kobe is better than Lebron. Lebron is bigger, stronger, and faster than everybody ; but his game is ugly. Jordan nailed his weak game down to a tee, and Kobe embarrassed him in the ASG. Got locked down by a 40 year old man.

Kobe might not have performed his best in moments, but he's never been scared. I've seen Lebron just quit and be terrified too many times. Kobe has intangibles, Lebron has padded stats. People bring up Kobe's bad finals game, but I saw Lebron play the worst two Finals I've ever seen for a super star.

Wake me up when Lebron has 5 rings. Wake me up when Lebron can drop almost 70 points in just 3 quarters. Wake me up when Lebron can score over 80 points in a game. and I'm sorry, Lebron isn't close to the lockdown defender Kobe is. You kids these days are clueless. You all think Little Wayne is the best rapper ever too. It's shameful.

Kobe's 2000 finals & 2004 finals are way worse than LeBron's first 2 finals. way worse. (& he had Shaq as the #1 option to take attention off him, yet still stunk up the joint bad in those 2 finals). LeBron was the man, so the defense swarmed him far more

Tmath
03-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Kobe was amazing in the clutch last night, but don't discredit how much of a moron Toronto's coach is. Our coach did more to lose the game then Kobe did to win it.

Matter.
03-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Depends on what you think as clutch. Game winner? Last 2 minutes?

JesusWears24
03-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Moonshine and Molly.

justinnum1
03-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Actually he is not.

LoveMeOrHateMe
03-09-2013, 01:50 PM
For me...... Lebron, Wade, and Ray Allen are the the best in late game situations.

Lebron: Do you see how nice his layups are!?!?!:speechless:

Wade: Nobody can draw fouls better than him....They come from thin air! :confused:

Ray Ray: This ***** can shoot! :cool:

Laker fans are gonna come in here and ruin everything as usual...

Lebron and wade? Hahaha since lebron joined the heat he's missed like 10 game winners and only made one which was this past weeks layup game winner, he's far from clutch

hidalgo
03-09-2013, 01:53 PM
as long as he doesn't bail out the defense & shoot his leaning tower of LeBrick fade away jumper in the last seconds, & takes it to the basket instead, he could have alot more game winners in the months & years to come. no more of this dribble dribble dribble, dribble dribble dribble, slash to the side pull up leaning tower.. annddddd... "bonk"...

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Actually he is not.

Awwww justine mad that Kobe is proving my point of him being better than Wade. I told you so Jr.

hidalgo
03-09-2013, 02:02 PM
they need to run plays to get Ray Allen set up for the last sec shots. he's money with his jumper

Sactown
03-09-2013, 02:02 PM
Kobe last night hit 3 big threes, but he missed a big three and an easy jumper, late in the fourth..
Than Kobe shot 33% in overtime for 2 points...

Leach11
03-09-2013, 02:08 PM

Kobe is amazing, but Lebron is the best player in the league. Has been for quite a while. Pretty much everyone knows this except for delusional people, like yourself, whom let their extreme and unwarranted hate for Lebron blind them from reality.

Let me know when Kobe can go 6 straight games where he scores more than 30 points on an average of 72% from the field while also averaging like 8 rebounds and 7 assists. You do realize Lebron is having one of the best seasons in NBA history, right?

And did you actually cite the NBA Allstar games as a reason for why Kobe is better than Lebron? You pretty undermined the rest of your post with that statement.

superior
03-09-2013, 02:08 PM
no shots mean shots :clap:

youre like a father who thinks his daughter is beautful just because its his daughter....his love for her makes it impossible for him to see how ugly she is to the rest of the world.

your daughter = kobe bryant
rest of the world = non laker fans

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-09-2013, 02:20 PM
anyone but LeBron

HouRealCoach
03-09-2013, 02:27 PM
no Kobe has made a number of clutch shots sorry facts are facts

Quote me saying he hasn't *waiting*

Kobe is 40? & what did Kobe do to the Heat a bit before the All Star game when everyone was raving about him shutting down Brandon Jennings & Kyrie Irving?

There are a lot of things that LeBron has achieved halfway through his career that Kobe hasn't yet but I'm not sure you will admit to those

& dude quit it even your Kobe fan buddies know that LeBron is the best in the league right now

Hardaway Here
03-09-2013, 02:36 PM
He had a clutch moment against Toronto there doesn't need to be a thread for this. Especially since they still aren't in the playoff picture. I give more props for something like this in the playoffs when it actually means a whole lot more

Atticus Finch
03-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Kobe last night hit 3 big threes, but he missed a big three and an easy jumper, late in the fourth..
Than Kobe shot 33% in overtime for 2 points...

He had 4 points in overtime, the Lakers as a team only scored 8. Combine the 4th quarter and OT Kobe's line looks like:

4-9 fg, 19 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 8-8 ft, 3-4 threes, 1 turnover

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-09-2013, 02:38 PM
He had a clutch moment against Toronto there doesn't need to be a thread for this. Especially since they still aren't in the playoff picture. I give more props for something like this in the playoffs when it actually means a whole lot more

Kobe has had 3 game winners in the last week.

rhjr06
03-09-2013, 02:40 PM

ru kidding?? 1st hes been doing it his whole career...2nd there fighting for a playoff spot which makes it huge..

Sandman
03-09-2013, 02:45 PM
Shots attempted with under 24 seconds left in 4th quarter or ot trailing by two or less in regular season and playoffs (from 00-01 season until now)

Carmelo Anthony - 51% (25 for 49)
Chris Paul - 41% (13 for 32)
Dirk Nowitzki - 36% (21 for 59)
Ray Allen - 35% (21 for 60)
LeBron James - 31% (21 for 68)
Vince carter - 30% (22 for 73)
Kobe Bryant - 30% (31 for 103)
Dwayne wade - 27% (15 for 56)
Joe Johnson - 26% (17 for 65)
Derrick Rose - 25% (8 for 32)
Kevin Durant - 24% (11 for 45)
thought it was interesting just how many attempts Durant had compared to the rest without playing more than half the decade.

Sactown
03-09-2013, 02:52 PM
thought it was interesting just how many attempts Durant had compared to the rest without playing more than half the decade.

The problem with these statistics is, What if a player hits a game tying shot with 25 seconds? or hits a big 3 for the lead at 34 seconds? are those not clutch?

sep11ie
03-09-2013, 03:03 PM
This forum is garbage. I've gotten infractions/warnings for bull **** threads, yet mods seem to let this **** go on on a daily basis here.

Ty Fast
03-09-2013, 03:09 PM
robert horry is up there

Atticus Finch
03-09-2013, 03:21 PM
The problem with these statistics is, What if a player hits a game tying shot with 25 seconds? or hits a big 3 for the lead at 34 seconds? are those not clutch?

I have the same issues with how they define clutch. According to that list none of Kobe's threes last night would count as being clutch because they didn't fit their definitions.

With 1:41 left he hit a three while down 5 to put the Lakers behind by 2.

With 29.3 left he made another three to put the Lakers down 1.

With 5.5 he hit a game tying three to send it into overtime.

None of those shots were within 24 seconds of the buzzer while being down by 2 or less, and yet I think a lot of people would say they were all "clutch" shots.

Sandman
03-09-2013, 03:33 PM

Agreed --- I wasn't trying to be a homer its a coincidence Melo is on the top of the list, it was the first google result.

But definitely, it's impossible to quantify and some people don't even like to acknowledge it. God forbid you say the word Clutch during a baseball discussion.

I think in basketball clutch has a couple of different components.

- You need to be that guy that can score from anywhere on the court even when the defense knows you are getting the ball and trying to score. Dirk, Allen and Melo immediately come to mind -- Dirk because he's 7 foot and with his fadeaway he's shooting in a gym by himself almost regardless of what you try and do and Melo because he is dangerous anywhere on the court and can iso even the best defenders. Ray Allen because as the other coach you KNOW he is the last guy you want to get his hands on the ball and very often he still finds a way to come off a screen and get a clean shot.

- You need to have the fire to want the ball, but not to the point where you think any shot from you is better than a good shot from a teammate. What JR Smith did vs. the Thunder on Thurs night with 8 seconds left was puke worthy and typical JR. Against the Knicks (esp without Melo) -- you don't necessarily want Smith to shoot the ball, but you also know that once he gets the ball he is committed to shooting. LeBron is the opposite, but I don't think its because of fire I think its because of my next point.

- You need to be a 80-85% FT shooter. The other team has to look at fouling you as 2 points - gives you that extra inch to move AND this is prime hack time. Its why Van Gundy never went to Howard late in games (gee you big baby maybe if you could hit a free shot you would get the ball). LeBron had a bad rep before the title for not being "clutch". I think it is (or was) ultimately that hes afraid to go to the line. Didn't he shoot a free throw with his left hand in his last game in Cleveland? People blamed an injury or a conspiracy to leave -- that sounds like a guy that was psyched out. I don't remember the exact numbers but when Dirk won that title he couldn't miss at the line.

Sandman
03-09-2013, 03:34 PM
BTW, I need to add this so nobody tries to kill me -- Kobe fits that bill, I just didn't mention him.

Jimmer55
03-09-2013, 04:06 PM
I have the same issues with how they define clutch. According to that list none of Kobe's threes last night would count as being clutch because they didn't fit their definitions.

With 1:41 left he hit a three while down 5 to put the Lakers behind by 2.

With 29.3 left he made another three to put the Lakers down 1.

With 5.5 he hit a game tying three to send it into overtime.

None of those shots were within 24 seconds of the buzzer while being down by 2 or less, and yet I think a lot of people would say they were all "clutch" shots.

Oh my goodness, were they ever clutch. I gasped at each one.

HouRealCoach
03-09-2013, 04:17 PM

I have to agree.. Or even hit a shot while down by 3 or more because those stats say 2.. Being clutch is much more than hitting buzzer beaters, it also has to do with defense, hustling, making extra pass, etc. I don't think you can really find stats to tell who's the most clutch

lol, please
03-09-2013, 04:23 PM
I would take Jordan and Bird over Kobe with the game on the line in a heartbeat. Sorry Kobe.

beliges
03-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Kobe is certainly one of the 5 most "clutch" players to ever play the game. Not sure how one can argue against that. With that said, at this point lebron right now is clearly the best basketball player in the world. Don't get why people can't respect both players. Kobe is one of the greatest and most accomplished players to ever play the game. Lebron is trying to get to that level and with about 3 more titles I would say he gets there.

Hardaway Here
03-09-2013, 04:30 PM
ru kidding?? 1st hes been doing it his whole career...2nd there fighting for a playoff spot which makes it huge..

Where did i state he hasn't been doing that throughout his career? I'm clearly talking about this season a season where the Lakers have under performed. I understand Laker fans are happy but its at the point now whenever the Lakers win a game it's cause for some great celebration. They are fighting for 8th seed which is sad considering the talent on the team but yeah injuries hit and so on. You would think they would already be in the playoff picture the way Kobe fans not Laker fans but Kobe fans go on about how great he is.

Hardaway Here
03-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Also another thing to note most "Laker fans" (kobe fans) are giving all the credit to Kobes ability to hit that shot when needed and no credit to the teams defense for allowing those opportunities to come to fruition. In their minds though Kobe does it all alone smh.

rhjr06
03-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Where did i state he hasn't been doing that throughout his career? I'm clearly talking about this season a season where the Lakers have under performed. I understand Laker fans are happy but its at the point now whenever the Lakers win a game it's cause for some great celebration. They are fighting for 8th seed which is sad considering the talent on the team but yeah injuries hit and so on. You would think they would already be in the playoff picture the way Kobe fans not Laker fans but Kobe fans go on about how great he is.

you stated " he had a clutch moment" .... as if this happens seldom...at least thats how i took it....n ur right the lakers have under performed but any win is important for the lakers!

rhjr06
03-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Also another thing to note most "Laker fans" (kobe fans) are giving all the credit to Kobes ability to hit that shot when needed and no credit to the teams defense for allowing those opportunities to come to fruition. In their minds though Kobe does it all alone smh.

really their "D"? THEIR D is awful!! fact remains wheather its kobe, lebron,durant etc, you still have to be able to hit the shots!!

Hardaway Here
03-09-2013, 05:01 PM
really their "D"? THEIR D is awful!! fact remains wheather its kobe, lebron,durant etc, you still have to be able to hit the shots!!

Yes their D is awful but you still have to give credit to that as well as give credit to kobe for hitting the shots he made. To just give credit to him is disrespectful to the other players on the court who kept Toronto from scoring. I don't see why that is so hard for people to understand. You guys celebrate his clutchness and disregard his turnovers. You guys don't celebrate the team Defense when it mattered most and continue to bash it. Like seriously why give Kobe any teammates at all he clearly can win all by himself the way some fans think smh.

Purple_n_Gold
03-09-2013, 05:09 PM

Michael Jordan & Karl Malone both won MVP at age 35 (MJ finals mvp as well). Kareem won finals mvp at age 38. 34 is not old at all when you're in good shape in the NBA (& not old whatsoever in life outside sports)
Look at minutes played moron. A young 34? And no significant injuries has been because of what luck or because he prepares and works harder than anybody to keep himself in shape. As far as faking injuries is that what it's called when you wear a splint on your finger for the whole season on your shooting hand so people feel sorry for you. You are a tool. So if he was faking injuries Jordan must have been faking also in his flu game too. It's just for attn man. You should be revoked.

DR_1
03-09-2013, 05:11 PM
overreaction thread

says the Heat fan

Purple_n_Gold
03-09-2013, 05:11 PM
Kobe is certainly one of the 5 most "clutch" players to ever play the game. Not sure how one can argue against that. With that said, at this point lebron right now is clearly the best basketball player in the world. Don't get why people can't respect both players. Kobe is one of the greatest and most accomplished players to ever play the game. Lebron is trying to get to that level and with about 3 more titles I would say he gets there.
Very great non biased post that I totally agree with.

Avenged
03-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Enough with the overreaction and trolling posts. Every time Kobe is mentioned, you guys turn this into a trolling and baiting fest. And guys, there is no need to make a thread about Kobe after everything thing he does.