03-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Saw on a mobile update with the news.

Will update with link when home

D-Leethal
03-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Hasn't he been cleared?

phlp_bj
03-08-2013, 01:11 PM
Derrick Rose's doctor has cleared the Chicago Bulls' star to play, a team source said, but his long-awaited return to the lineup won't occur until he can confidently dunk off his left foot, Rose has told the team.

Rose, who had surgery to repair a tear to the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee on May 12, has been videotaped dunking off each foot, but more casually than he would during a game. A source said that although he has been practicing and scrimmaging hard, he told the Bulls that until he feels "in his mind" he can confidently dunk off his left foot in a game situation, he is not 100 percent mentally ready to return to competition.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/9031045/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-cleared-play-waiting-dunk-confidently-left-foot-source-says

kdspurman
03-08-2013, 01:16 PM
He knows his body best... Hopefully he can get a few weeks of ball under his belt before the playoffs (if he decides to come back at all this season)

If he decided to wait it out till next year, I'd be cool with that too and then he can be 110% for next season.

KniCks4LiFe
03-08-2013, 01:16 PM
but his long-awaited return to the lineup won't occur until he can confidently dunk off his left foot, Rose has told the team.

I LMAO at that part for some reason.

mngopher35
03-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Even though he's cleared by doctors, I think its definitely best he waits until he's ready. I hope it happens sooner rather than later, but what I want the most is to see him back at 100% and not risking injury.

JiffyMix88
03-08-2013, 01:31 PM
nothing to see here move along

HighCHWRoller07
03-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Sit out this year. Get a legit team for next year. Then Compete

Lakers + Giants
03-08-2013, 01:43 PM
He'll probably make his season debut vs us. He can't wait to go at nash, career high in his debut.

OceanSpray
03-08-2013, 01:44 PM

How much more legit can it be when your team can make it to the playoffs without you? Stop acting like Rose never had help. James, Durant, Kobe, Wade, Melo, all of them could've gotten it done with that team.

Stinkyoutsider
03-08-2013, 01:46 PM
I give Rose the benefit of the doubt here because he knows his own body and won't be the Rose we know until he's mentally ready to go.

But I wonder about the competitor in him now because there's no way I'm going to let Iman Shumpert be playing 3 or 4 weeks before me, especially when we got hurt on the same day. Shumpert had his surgery before Rose but I would still want to get out there regardless if the doctors cleared me. No way I'm letting Shumpert beat me at anything...

Stunner
03-08-2013, 01:50 PM
I give Rose the benefit of the doubt here because he knows his own body and won't be the Rose we know until he's mentally ready to go.

But I wonder about the competitor in him now because there's no way I'm going to let Iman Shumpert be playing 3 or 4 weeks before me, especially when we got hurt on the same day. Shumpert had his surgery before Rose but I would still want to get out there regardless if the doctors cleared me. No way I'm letting Shumpert beat me at anything...

I'm sure that's the least of his worries

Cal827
03-08-2013, 01:53 PM
How much more legit can it be when your team can make it to the playoffs without you? Stop acting like Rose never had help. James, Durant, Kobe, Wade, Melo, all of them could've gotten it done with that team.

:laugh:

gwrighter
03-08-2013, 01:56 PM
He won't ever be the same player athletically. Anybody who has torn a ligament can attest to that.

UPRock
03-08-2013, 01:57 PM
He'll probably make his season debut vs us. He can't wait to go at nash, career high in his debut.

:laugh:

Chronz
03-08-2013, 01:58 PM
Dont most players get crushed for valuing their bodies instead of putting it on the line for the team? Its a smart move, but I cant help but laugh at the situation. I guess personality does matter, if Rose was an egocentric star, Im sure he would get crap for this.

John Walls Era
03-08-2013, 02:02 PM

LGBThatNight for sure.

Jarvo
03-08-2013, 02:03 PM
He should just comeback next season.

Lakers + Giants
03-08-2013, 02:10 PM
LGBThatNight for sure.

Did you end up winning money that night after the lakers comeback?

b_russ
03-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Dont most players get crushed for valuing their bodies instead of putting it on the line for the team? Its a smart move, but I cant help but laugh at the situation. I guess personality does matter, if Rose was an egocentric star, Im sure he would get crap for this.

(see Dwight Howard)

John Walls Era
03-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Did you end up winning money that night after the lakers comeback?

Yes. They owed me that one. But I don't think my heart can take it anymore, so im not betting on them anymore.

EDIT: actually I bet on them again cuz i love betting against the Raptors.

Philapsychosis
03-08-2013, 02:21 PM
He won't ever be the same player athletically. Anybody who has torn a ligament can attest to that.

Yeah, totally. It destroyed Adrian Peterson

KobeGotDaRapies
03-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Can't wait for him to play again. He said he'll only comeback once he is ready to hit the floor like he did before the injury.

I can see him coming back and playing a 30-36 minute night...CAN'T WAIT!!!

Stunner
03-08-2013, 02:25 PM

AP , Jamal Charles ?

WickedBadMan
03-08-2013, 02:41 PM
He's got dat pussinitis.

DaBear
03-08-2013, 02:52 PM
So much stupidity in this thread

85BearsDefense
03-08-2013, 02:56 PM

Adrian Peterson

Lakers + Giants
03-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Yes. They owed me that one. But I don't think my heart can take it anymore, so im not betting on them anymore.

EDIT: actually I bet on them again cuz i love betting against the Raptors.

That ****in comeback won me 3 parlays. :)

Good luck with your betting bro. I know how stressfull it gets, it's just so ****in fun though :laugh2:

Pierzynski4Prez
03-08-2013, 03:21 PM

Even ACL tears? Don't see why it's anything to laugh about. Consider his age, and the contract he has, nobody in the Chicago media is crushing him.

LeperMessiah
03-08-2013, 03:34 PM
He might as well just let his leg fully heal and go at it next year, the bulls will still remain contendors.

LeperMessiah
03-08-2013, 03:35 PM

I think it would depend on the situation of the Team (ie if majority of the core is entering their decline side).

Chronz
03-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Even ACL tears?
Is he cleared to play?

Don't see why it's anything to laugh about.
Societies inconsistencies/hypocrisies are funny to me.

Consider his age, and the contract he has, nobody in the Chicago media is crushing him.
Yes, thats my point. Hes doing the right thing IMO.

Krizzle88
03-08-2013, 03:58 PM

This is funny. Bulls are 4th place on the east without him this whole season so bulls are the legit. If they were 12 place in the east then there would be no reason for him to come back but there not when he comes back bulls could do some damage, only team they won't beat in east is Miami. Any other team in east good luck to you.

BSplaya2121
03-08-2013, 05:30 PM

I think Mr. Adrian Peterson can disagree :no:

BSplaya2121
03-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Yeah, totally. It destroyed Adrian Peterson

Haha i didnt see this before i posted it

NYMetros
03-08-2013, 05:35 PM
I'd rather he just sit out so he is 100% ready for next year. Don't want him coming back at less than 100% and then never being the same.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
03-08-2013, 05:58 PM

Names bolded are the ones who would not be able to have won with the team they got. Stop yourself, you look dumb.

Melo- hasnt done **** in NY, but in Chicago he could?

KD- he couldnt win it with Harden, Ibaka, and Westbrook?!??! C'Mon

Lebron- I am a fan of Lebron, but he had to run to MIA to win it WITH Dwade and Bosh, he could not win it with no legit second scoring option.

Wade- what a damn joke, he could not have won with this team, hes hardly a second option anymore. Let alone a first he would be on the Bulls

BSplaya2121
03-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Names bolded are the ones who would not be able to have won with the team they got. Stop yourself, you look dumb.

Lebron- I am a fan of Lebron, but he had to run to MIA to win it WITH Dwade and Bosh, he could not win it with no legit second scoring option.

Wade- what a damn joke, he could not have won with this team, hes hardly a second option anymore. Let alone a first he would be on the Bulls

Huh???????????????????????????????????????? being a Knicks fan im not the biggest Lebron fan but Chicago's team + their Coach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Clevelands team + coach when lebron was there.

U add the defense of lebron to that defensive team???? cmon man thats such a nieve statement

smith&wesson
03-08-2013, 06:28 PM
playing it safe. smart move.

Tony_Starks
03-08-2013, 08:45 PM

Was thinking the exact same thing. I can just see the headline on sportscenter "Best debut from injury Ever!" with him dunking over Nash!

SportsFanatic10
03-08-2013, 09:03 PM

what a dumb post

imagesrdecievin
03-08-2013, 10:11 PM
I don't know if the Bulls PR people have gotten out in front of this yet - but I'd consider it a priority to make a public statement supporting Rose's decision.

If it gets spun that the Bulls leaked the info in some way to pressure him to return sooner that could get ugly.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
03-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Huh???????????????????????????????????????? being a Knicks fan im not the biggest Lebron fan but Chicago's team + their Coach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Clevelands team + coach when lebron was there.

U add the defense of lebron to that defensive team???? cmon man thats such a nieve statement

Lebron wouldnt win a ship with this Chicago team.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
03-08-2013, 10:26 PM
what a dumb post

yess, my post was dumb. Great insight by you. Dumbass

Dade County
03-08-2013, 10:30 PM

It's hard to get pass the HEAT.. Knicks will make it top the ECF this year.

WTF... A 70% Wade (his knee), and a Healthy Lbj is too much for any team in a playoff series, only the script writers can give the orders, so the NBA seems balance.

If Wade ever gets back to 95% the world would be a happier place!

So you are against free agency too, posters here are crazy! So the next time Lbj is a free agent, he should contact to you, and ask you, what team should he play for... Insanity!

Wade came off of surgery... If Wade played for the bulls, he would be the 1st option, because D rose is a pg, that means he supposed to pass 1st... So who would be the 1st option if rose brings the ball up court? Wade!

You think any team is going to go far and win it all, if their pg is the 1st option every damn play... The ball wont move, the defense can like in.

**** this already happen... HEAT vs bulls 2011 playoffs ( Wade wont be the 1st option on the bulls, get the **** out of here ... mad man )

SportsFanatic10
03-08-2013, 10:46 PM
yess, my post was dumb. Great insight by you. Dumbass

at least you can admit it. tool

Hardaway Here
03-08-2013, 11:31 PM

Sad part is you actually believe what your saying is true. Just loled at the bolded. Wade was a first option before Lebron came and easily could be the first if he left.

Sadds The Gr8
03-09-2013, 03:20 AM

definitely.

seems like he's healthy enough to play but he's scared to play on it right now. I don't blame him...I'd prolly be the same way if I was in that situation

c.c.
03-09-2013, 03:28 AM
I think Rose want change of scenery or some new talent around him

Ladies Man
03-09-2013, 03:43 AM
I think you have a dick in your ***

DumDum
03-09-2013, 04:06 AM
He be back but like I Previously mentioned he won't be at elite level for about two seasons

Champology
03-09-2013, 07:24 AM

Just ask Adrian Peterson

LeperMessiah
03-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Lebron wouldnt win a ship with this Chicago team.

Are you suggesting the cast is worse than Lebron's cleveland team? this is from a chicago fan?

LeperMessiah
03-09-2013, 09:07 AM

Take your own advice maybe?

KnicksorBust
03-09-2013, 10:45 AM
ESPNChicago.com: Bulls G Derrick Rose not 100% mentally ready to return

IS THAT SERIOUSLY A HEADLINE?

kozelkid
03-09-2013, 03:56 PM

Well considering with Rose, the problem has usually been that he'd mislead Bulls FO with the true extent of his injuries to play meaningless regular season games when he's better off resting his body, this comes as a bit of a relief...

Blitzbolt
03-09-2013, 09:43 PM
This happen to ZBO last year his knee was OK but he had some metal issues with it and we saw it in the playoffs he was playing at 80%.