PDA

View Full Version : Line of the night: March 6th

JasonJohnHorn
03-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Busy night as only two teams had the nigh off. The Clippers put the Bucks away behind a triple-double from BG. The Spur beat the Bulls. Duncan had a game high 5 blocks. Toronto beat the Suns behind a big night from their bench (the Sunsí team high was a meagre 12 points). The Lakers got a big night from Kobe and managed to put the Hornets away. Rubio got a game high 6 steals as the T-Wolves beat the Wizards. Miami barely hung onto their win streak against cross-state rivals Orlando as they won by the narrowest of margins. Memphis beat the Trailblazers. Hibbert got a game high 6 blocks and Stephenson got a game high 5 steals, but it was not enough as Boston beat the Pacers. The game-high was a meagre 18 points. Sac-town fell to the Warriors. Jose Calderon lead all play-makers with 16 assists, but it was not enough as the Pistons lost to the Knickerbockers as the Knicksí bench outscored their starting line-up behind a combined 42 points from Amare and JR Smith. Dallas is trying to claw its way back into the playoffs and got one step closer with a win over the Rockets. The Cavs beat the Jazz. Gerald Wallace had a great all around game as he got 2 or more in ever statistical category, helping the Nets earn a win over the Bobcats and despite a big night from their bench (Wright and Wilkins combined for 41 points), the 76ers lost to the Hawks. Horford and Teague both had 20/10 games for the Hawks, and Tolliver almost did as well with a strong effort off the bench.

There were a lot of 20/10 games last night and great games from a lot of players, but I only have three options up for line of the night because basically, if you didnít do better than a triple double a 20/20 game, or a 42 point game, then you really werenít in the running for line of the night. So my apologies in advance if a strong performer from your team didnít make the cut. And there were several very strong defensive efforts which I mentioned but did not include (Rubio, Hibbert, Duncan, Stephenson) because their all around stats just did not add up to what Griffin, Kobe and Vucevic did.

ATX
03-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Hate to vote against the triple double, but Kobe was a beast last night, albeit against a Hornets team that seemed to completely forget how to play defense in the 2nd half. Voted Kobe

JasonJohnHorn
03-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Hate to vote against the triple double, but Kobe was a beast last night, albeit against a Hornets team that seemed to completely forget how to play defense in the 2nd half. Voted Kobe

Kobe was only 3 boards shot a triple-double himself... I went with Kobe as well, considering that his rbs+asts was only a couple less than Griffin while he scored nearly double the points.

ManRam
03-07-2013, 12:39 PM
I'm exercising my once-monthly (if that) right to be a homer. We don't get many Magicians on these lists...

But the right pick is Kobe. His line is way better than that triple double.

JasonJohnHorn
03-07-2013, 05:25 PM
I'm exercising my once-monthly (if that) right to be a homer. We don't get many Magicians on these lists...

But the right pick is Kobe. His line is way better than that triple double.

I went with Kobe here, but Vucevic's line has a legit case here... 20/20 games are not common at all. In fact, I would hasten to bet that 40 points double-doubles are more common than 20/20 games, so it could be argued that the 20/20 game is more impressive...

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Kobester.

alexander_37
03-07-2013, 07:04 PM
I went with Kobe here, but Vucevic's line has a legit case here... 20/20 games are not common at all. In fact, I would hasten to bet that 40 points double-doubles are more common than 20/20 games, so it could be argued that the 20/20 game is more impressive...

This. It was hard but Kobe loses a little credit because it was NO...

Still Kobe though.

Im_in_Mia_bish
03-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Kobe Bryant!

Raidaz4Life
03-07-2013, 08:20 PM
I pick Kobe but because a reason a lot of people are leaving out... he dropped 42 points off of 66% shooting. Add that to the fact that he lead a team back from 25 points down and its hard not to logically give it to him. It is extremely hard not to vote for Vucevic though.

ManRam
03-07-2013, 08:39 PM

40 point 10 assist games are actually really rare. I think LeBron and now Kobe are the only guys to do this in the last 3 years. 20-20 games happen probably 20 or so times a year.