PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Williams & Enes Kanter finally starting to play good...

HouRealCoach
03-07-2013, 09:24 AM
Derrick Williams in his last 10 games is averaging 18.6 ppg & 9.2 rpg, He's getting more and more comfortable

Enes Kanter in his last 3 games, has put up 23, 22.. 18, 10.. 17, 7

Both are playing more minutes because of injuries to Al Jefferson & Kevin Love but what do you think happens when they come back? Utah needs to let Jefferson & Milsap walk for Favors & Kanter now. I thought they'd trade them for maybe a lottery pick or something. Kevin Martin, PJ3, Maynor, Toronto's pick for Al Jefferson, Raja Bell, 2nd Rounder would have made A LOT of sense for both teams.

Derrick Williams just might need to get traded in the offseason now that he has proved that he plays best at PF. I think they could get a solid outside scorer to go alongside Love, Rubio, & Pekovic. Maybe Danny Granger, or maybe try a trade for Tyreke Evans. Maybe they could keep him as a 6th man and have the deepest & one of the best frontcourts in the NBA.

Whatever happens with these players I hope they end staying at a place where they can continue their growth next year because I have been waiting for the 2nd & 3rd draft picks after Irving to figure it out & start flourishing. Btw, Tristan Thompson has been playing better also. The 2011 draft is looking better than advertised with Irving, Walker, Williams, Vucevis, Kanter, Faried, Parsons, etc.

poleandreel
03-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Kanter has always been good. He just never got the playing time...same with Favors. No idea why Utah didn't trade Al Jef for anything just to get kanter or favors into the lineup

JoeBlessU
03-07-2013, 09:40 AM
Kanter has always been good. He just never got the playing time...same with Favors. No idea why Utah didn't trade Al Jef for anything just to get kanter or favors into the lineup

I think the T'wolves should hold onto D-Will for atleast one more season, his stock can only rise and considering all the injuries they have had this season it'd be nice to have the depth. They can grab a shooting guard in the draft (Victor Oladipo pleeease)

JiffyMix88
03-07-2013, 10:04 AM
Kanter is ****ing huge and can see him being mentioned as the best Center in a couple of years with more pt under his belt. Derrick has been playing good as of late, but I agree they might want to trade him this offseason while his stock is rising because having him and Love both playing at the same time has shown it doesn't work. So I agree trade him for a very good spot up shooter and they will really have something to play with next year.

futureman
03-07-2013, 01:39 PM
They haven't gotten adequate playing time. That's what a player needs to have in order to develop.

futureman
03-07-2013, 01:41 PM

Because the Clippers didn't want to trade Bledsoe.

dnl123
03-07-2013, 01:53 PM
They haven't gotten adequate playing time. That's what a player needs to have in order to develop.

This. Pretty sure Williams was in Adelman's doghouse for a while. I don't know why but he had a couple games early in the year where he played like five to ten minutes. Kanter looks like he's going to be a great center of the future for the Jazz too. As a Wolves fan the last thing I would want is to trade DWill for Evans. We need players that can make open shots from outside.

NoahH
03-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Kanter's production will end soon when the Jazz get both their big man healthy and playing big minutes and the Wolves bench is so destroyed DWill will produce til the end of the season

VCaintdead17
03-07-2013, 03:39 PM

This. Kanter per36 last year was 12 and 11 and this year it's 16 and 10. If he got starter minutes on a regular basis he'd be seen as one of the better centers in the league.

True Sports Fan
03-07-2013, 03:46 PM
The Kings aren't trading Reke for the Wolves for another PF. I know he's somewhat of a tweener, but I don't think he can play SF in the league.

Unless that PF that Kings are receiving is Kevin Love, pass. No need for Williams, Patterson, Thompson and even Chuck Hayes.

mngopher35
03-07-2013, 03:52 PM
The Kings aren't trading Reke for the Wolves for another PF. I know he's somewhat of a tweener, but I don't think he can play SF in the league.

Unless that PF that Kings are receiving is Kevin Love, pass. No need for Williams, Patterson, Thompson and even Chuck Hayes.

Agreed on both sides, we need players that can shoot. Not a great fit for either team.

Alayla
03-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Im still high on Derick Williams I said on his draft day id take him over Irving that sounds silly right now but people need to remember bigs develop slower than guards and i think he is going to eventually be an allstar big wicth to me is way more valuable than an allstar guard.

shep33
03-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Kanter could've been more productive last year if he'd gotten more burn. Dude is going to be a monster. He moves people on the block... so strong.

Didn't think much of him at the draft, but holy, he's going to be awesome.

Now... Utah is so ridiculous for not trading Jefferson or Millsap... heck even both. Let Favors and Kanter grow. Milsap and Jefferson could've gotten them perimeter help that they badly need, plus picks.

JEDean89
03-07-2013, 05:47 PM
2011 draft class is way better than advertized.

irving, williams, kanter, tristian thompson, valanciunas, brandon knight, kemba, klay thompson, Kawhi, Vucevic, Shumpert, Kenneth, Butler and parsons are all already good to great roll players. Plus there are still 4-5 guys like fredette, monteijunas, biyombo, burks and the markieff brothers who can still turn into good players. that's pretty solid for a draft that wasn't supposed to be talented. I get that it wasn't terribly top heavy but after irving picks 2-17 are all pretty good and there are some later in the draft too.

there are a lot of guys being written off too early. If Williams had been drafted by the cavs he would a much better player cause of the time. he will be solid carmelo anthony like player without as good a shooting touch, but could definitely be a 20 ppg guy soon. Guys like Biyombo and Vessely are being written off too early also. I think both are adjusting to America on top of the NBA and are both bigs which take a while to develop. Biyombo's celing is still ridiculously high.

the jazz definitely need to move both guys for a PG and wing player. All their talent is in their frontocurt and both Jefferson and Millsap have good value.

Deception
03-07-2013, 06:02 PM
I think the T'wolves should hold onto D-Will for atleast one more season, his stock can only rise and considering all the injuries they have had this season it'd be nice to have the depth. They can grab a shooting guard in the draft (Victor Oladipo pleeease)

There's no way they get him. When Love comes back they start winning games and only ruin their draft stock

UPRock
03-07-2013, 06:44 PM
I've been very impressed with both lately, they're going to be All Stars.

HouRealCoach
03-07-2013, 07:12 PM
I hate how Utah has had this guy... Why not trade Milsap & Jefferson for some young players and picks or even some proven players that could have helped out. They even tried to extend Milsap months ago but I hope they both leave so we can really see how Favors & Kanter will do with quality minutes that they deserve

I really thought Derrick Williams would have been able to convert to SF but I guess not, They have a win-win situation rather they keep him or trade him (for someone good)

Sota4Ever
03-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Glad Dwill is finally playing better. Gives us better trade bait this offseason.

Tony_Starks
03-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Kanter could've been more productive last year if he'd gotten more burn. Dude is going to be a monster. He moves people on the block... so strong.

Didn't think much of him at the draft, but holy, he's going to be awesome.

Now... Utah is so ridiculous for not trading Jefferson or Millsap... heck even both. Let Favors and Kanter grow. Milsap and Jefferson could've gotten them perimeter help that they badly need, plus picks.

I was thinking the same thing. It's obvious Kanter and Favors are the future. Why not move Milsap/Jefferson? They could've probably got a combination of expiring contracts, youth, and picks. Why just let them walk this summer and get nothing......

Hawkeye15
03-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Kanter's production will end soon when the Jazz get both their big man healthy and playing big minutes and the Wolves bench is so destroyed DWill will produce til the end of the season

you mean our starting lineup and bench...

Hawkeye15
03-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Williams, the #7-8 pick, and Ridnour is looking like a better and better trade bait. We all know Kahn wouldn't know draft talent if it landed on his face and tap danced, so I want him to trade it instead of wasting it on another player who will be out of the NBA in 4 years.

HouRealCoach
03-07-2013, 08:33 PM
I was thinking the same thing. It's obvious Kanter and Favors are the future. Why not move Milsap/Jefferson? They could've probably got a combination of expiring contracts, youth, and picks. Why just let them walk this summer and get nothing......

It makes absolutely no sense, I'll really be pissed if they get re-signed