PDA

View Full Version : Is Russell Westbrook underrated and the heart and soul of the Thunder?

Jimmer55
03-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Durant is great. Easy call. However, RW is criticized quite often, as if he is the reason the Thunder aren't already champions. The Thunder are great. Easy call. However, many people suggest they are great in spite of RW. I call complete and utter BS. RW is a killer. RW is an assasin. RW is the most explosive player in the league along with Lebron. Without RW there is no finals and there is no title contention.

JiffyMix88
03-06-2013, 04:57 PM
I like my chances of winning more with Durant taking literally 30 shots a game and Westbrook taking 10ish. As far as the team heart and soul, none of us on PSD will ever truly know who is the heart and soul of each team seeing we're not in the locker room to know otherwise.

NYCkid12
03-06-2013, 04:58 PM
I agree, for the most part at least...

I do think Westbrook is underrated and I don't think they win in spite of him..he's clearly extremely talented and one of the best scorers in the league

He is NOT on lebron's level in any category....

Also, I don't know about the heart and soul aspect of it..I don't think his teammates appreciate the times where he loses his cool and will publicallly embarass a teammate

I am a huge Westbrook fan and really do think he is a great player but I personally would of rather kept Harden then Westbrook

KniCks4LiFe
03-06-2013, 04:58 PM
what?

Listen Westbrook is awesome. When he's on. I compared him to 23 yr. old Kobe meets Iverson. BTW looks like I'm right on that one. But no logical basketball fan will call him the heart and soul of the Thunder. That's Durant's show. When he has a PG willing to not want to be Batman you will see.

Alayla
03-06-2013, 05:06 PM
I argee 100% that team is not half as threating without westbrook being as argessive as he is the common thought is that if you trade him for a guy like rondo you would be better off but i think if that happened the thunder would be doomed. Just like how people thought Trade Harden for Martin would mean they would become a convincingly weaker team lol people dont know the frist thing about OKC it seems.

LeperMessiah
03-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Durant.

superior
03-06-2013, 05:11 PM
i say it's 50/50

72 Wins
03-06-2013, 05:15 PM
ehhh.. On the fence about him still. I would have rather traded him for a true PG and kept Harden.

WHODAT8o8
03-06-2013, 05:15 PM
No Russell = No Finals (last year, esp this year). He is improving as a passer and scores when the teams in a slump he's a straight beast.

jim51990
03-06-2013, 05:16 PM
i completly agree. Ive said for a year and a half when i watch them i look at durant and say as amazing as he is he needs westy because KD doesnt have that edge that westy has.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
03-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Durant is definitely the heart and soul, but westbrook/perkins have become the attitude of the team. I was wondering if I was gonna see a thread like this today. Westbrook is definitely more like Kobe, and Durant is more like LJ.

It was on full display last night, ibaka jawin with kobe, Durant getting yet another tech. Personally though, i thought they needed an edge last year when they played the heat. They played a little too much like Durant, and not enough like westbrook, if that makes sense. It's why I want to see a rematch in the finals, I think the thunder were a little too content just to be there, now they have a real chip on their shoulder.

RLundi
03-06-2013, 05:43 PM
I don't like him, but he's really good. I just wish he had more 10-16 games than 3-18 games. Both seem to happen at the same amount of frequency. That's why I wouldn't trust him to be the man. You never know which Westy you'll get on any given night.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Durant is great. Easy call. However, RW is criticized quite often, as if he is the reason the Thunder aren't already champions. The Thunder are great. Easy call. However, many people suggest they are great in spite of RW. I call complete and utter BS. RW is a killer. RW is an assasin. RW is the most explosive player in the league along with Lebron. Without RW there is no finals and there is no title contention.

100 percent correct.

Jimmer55
03-06-2013, 05:50 PM
100 percent correct.

I consider you a living legend, sir. I have followed your posts and you are right 99.9% of the time.

RLundi
03-06-2013, 05:52 PM
I consider you a living legend, sir. I have followed your posts and you are right 99.9% of the time.

So Jimmer is Illusionsit's puppet account. Got it.

Ironic, since Illusionist is D12 Fan's puppet account.

All the puppets, I can't keep track anymore.

Jimmer55
03-06-2013, 06:03 PM

Different people, sir. Mutual respect is all.

Tony_Starks
03-06-2013, 06:22 PM
The Thunder aren't as effective with a "traditional" pg IMO. KD is going to get his regardless but Russell brings a totally different dimension to the team. He's capable of taking over a game for stretches and his fire pumps KD up. He gets carried away at times but when he gets it going most teams have no answer for him....

Guppyfighter
03-06-2013, 06:25 PM
I like Wrestbrook but he does a lot of things fundamentally wrong and his usage rate is way too high for someone with the weapons around him.

Doogolas
03-06-2013, 06:34 PM
**** no. And the poll options are loaded as hell.

tp13baby
03-06-2013, 06:40 PM
As a Nuggets fan I wish they kept Harden instead of Westbrook. Westbrook is a mismatch for a pg out there except for D- Rose when healthy. He is the glue. Underrated. Sets a fire underneath them. Honestly with Westbrook I don't want to play the Thunder. If they had Harden instead, No question I wouldn't mind playing them in the second round cause Iggy has shown to hold Harden up. Westbrook at the PG spot, is too explosive for anyone outside of Rose and Lebron. Underrated as ****.

rocket
03-06-2013, 06:51 PM
If Westbrook isn't on OKC they are going to be a 6-8th seed.

tp13baby
03-06-2013, 07:04 PM
If Westbrook isn't on OKC they are going to be a 6-8th seed.

Without Harden too though. With Harden instead they are a 4-5 seed.

ManRam
03-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Most underrated him because they think all PGs need to be "traditional", which is just dumb. The game has changed. They need his scoring, and he provides it. KD needs him more than people are willing to admit.

I do think his emotion is incredibly important to that team. KD has said he feeds off of it, and I think that's noticeable too. He gets fired up much less, but a lot of it comes when RWB is too.

He's got a suspect shot selection, which is a legit point of criticism, but people get so carried away buy it.

He's the PG for the best offense in the league...and people still expect more from him.

It's a shame he's turned into a full time scapegoat.

OceanSpray
03-06-2013, 07:26 PM
The past few weeks, Westbrook has been playing amazing. People only criticize but never respect a player.

Swashcuff
03-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Nothing new with Westy. His team wins 15 out of 18 he averages 27, 5 and 7 on 48% shooting over that span you get on thread about how vital he is team, his team loses 3 out of 5 when he goes 18, 4, 5 on 35% shooting from the field and there as 5 threads about how bad a player he is, why they should have traded him instead of Harden, how he's keeping KD back etc etc etc

Amazing player and possibly the most underrate an illogically hated in the league followed closely by Blake Griffin.

seikou8
03-07-2013, 12:08 AM
Nothing new with Westy. His team wins 15 out of 18 he averages 27, 5 and 7 on 48% shooting over that span you get on thread about how vital he is team, his team loses 3 out of 5 when he goes 18, 4, 5 on 35% shooting from the field and there as 5 threads about how bad a player he is, why they should have traded him instead of Harden, how he's keeping KD back etc etc etc

Amazing player and possibly the most underrate an illogically hated in the league followed closely by Blake Griffin.

:clap: dont look now he trying for all nba second team

sep11ie
03-07-2013, 12:22 AM
Different people, sir. Mutual respect is all.

That dude says everyone is someone else's puppet account. He accused me of being Douglass.

Guppyfighter
03-07-2013, 03:29 AM
Just so you guys know, Harden is better than Wrestbrook.

LeperMessiah
03-07-2013, 03:40 AM
Most underrated him because they think all PGs need to be "traditional", which is just dumb. The game has changed. They need his scoring, and he provides it. KD needs him more than people are willing to admit.

I do think his emotion is incredibly important to that team. KD has said he feeds off of it, and I think that's noticeable too. He gets fired up much less, but a lot of it comes when RWB is too.

He's got a suspect shot selection, which is a legit point of criticism, but people get so carried away buy it.

He's the PG for the best offense in the league...and people still expect more from him.

I agree with what you're saying I still feel that the team is on KD's back as oppose to his.

Showtime Steve
03-07-2013, 03:40 AM
Yea. Crowd and team I feel react off of him more than Durant. Dude is trying a mutiny!

Baller1
03-07-2013, 03:49 AM
Westbrook's ****ing awesome. Amazing player. But Presti still ****ed up. Trading Harden was just as dumb as trading Westbrook or Durant would've been.

Amnesty Perkins, sign Harden for what he wanted... It was so simple.

Bruno
03-07-2013, 08:45 AM
durant is considerably better, westbrook is still fantastic though.

he'll always be compared to james harden as well, by virtue of the front offices lack of vision.

ATX
03-07-2013, 09:04 AM

They are one in the same person, and if they're really not, sometimes I fear they are.

Dankster
03-07-2013, 09:16 AM
I wish he was a Knick. he's my favorite non-Knick player and arguably one of the most entertaining players to watch in the league.

ewing
03-07-2013, 09:45 AM
i just call him goatbrook

SteBO
03-07-2013, 09:52 AM

This sums up my thoughts here as well. Also, some of you guys need to check out OKC’s record starting from the beginning of last year (including the playoffs), when Westbrook takes more shots than Durant. It will surprise you…..