PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A Smith on the Heats streak

alexander_37
03-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Which streak is better the Heat or the Blackhawks point streak in the NHL.

IMO the Blackhawks streak is much more impressive what they have done is behind only one team in NHL history, and no other teams from beyond the 70's are on that list.

The Heats streak isn't even equal to multiple teams from the 2000's including the Rockets who did about half of those 22 games without Yao.

heyman321
03-06-2013, 01:48 PM
Blackhawks is much more impressive. Barry Melrose is right, a single player can take a team to the Finals in basketball, hockey is much more a team sport. SAS terrible arguments as usual.

superior
03-06-2013, 01:51 PM
blackhawks and its not even close......

during the heat streak theyve beat=

the raptors, bobcats, blazers, cavs, kings, twolves, sixers, hawks, the ****** *** lakers, the bulls without rose or hinrich, and the clippers with cp3 only playing 19 minutes......the streak isnt that impressive, its a cheesy *** schedule

therealwd27
03-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Knicks at home, thunder at home.? How many playoff teams are the blackhawks beating? Curious...not saying heat streak is better, but atleast know your facts first. And Drose/Kirk won't make a difference right now, you need 97' 23 to walk out the tunnel to have a chance to beat the heat.

Blackhawks because this has never been done before, but know your ****.

the raptors, bobcats, blazers, cavs, kings, twolves, sixers, hawks, the ****** *** lakers, the bulls without rose or hinrich, and the clippers with cp3 only playing 19 minutes......the streak isnt that impressive, its a cheesy *** schedule

Philapsychosis
03-06-2013, 02:19 PM

I wouldn't undermine anything though. Still impressive regardless of who you play. The Blackhawks are clearly more impressive, but to win 15 straight in any sport regardless of schedule is pretty impressive

superior
03-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Knicks at home, thunder at home.? How many playoff teams are the blackhawks beating? Curious...not saying heat streak is better, but atleast know your facts first. And Drose/Kirk won't make a difference right now, you need 97' 23 to walk out the tunnel to have a chance to beat the heat.

Blackhawks because this has never been done before, but know your ****.

1. the MVP derrick rose playing wouldnt have an affect on the outcome of the game? seriously?
2. Did you really just imply that with 97 jordan, we "might" beat the heat? are delusional or just ****in ********?

rose
jordan
deng
boozer
noah would SWEEP the heat in an 82 game series

LOOTERX9
03-06-2013, 02:46 PM
umm who knew the blackhawks even had a streak? Hockey is irrelevant here in the states so hardly no one even knows that the blackhawks have some kind of streak going on.hahaha

Big Zo
03-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Take hockey back to Canada, please...

ManRam
03-06-2013, 02:53 PM
15 wins in a row vs 23 games without losing in regulation.

I do think it's the Blackhawks, but the reality is they have lost 3 times, they've just gotten a point out of it. The fact that they can still lose I do, however, think there's slightly more parity in the NHL as well.

But it's close. If the Heat get this to 18 or 19 I think it becomes just as impressive.

If this was hockey, the Heat would have gotten at least a point in 21 of their last 22. So they're really on pretty equal runs right now.

WickedBadMan
03-06-2013, 03:01 PM
All time record vs. a streak that isn't even the longest in the current season.

BSplaya2121
03-06-2013, 03:02 PM
15 wins in a row vs 23 games without losing in regulation.

I do think it's the Blackhawks, but the reality is they have lost 3 times, they've just gotten a point out of it. The fact that they can still lose I do, however, think there's slightly more parity in the NHL as well.

But it's close. If the Heat get this to 18 or 19 I think it becomes just as impressive.

If this was hockey, the Heat would have gotten at least a point in 21 of their last 22. So they're really on pretty equal runs right now.

This is exactly what I was thinking, but I have little doubt this streak wont hit 24 or 25. Their next ten game schedule is pretty easy with Boston @ the garden being the toughest test. This team is legit, both streaks are impressive. But the heat can definitely flirt with a much higher streak than they have now.

Hockey is much tougher to go on a streak because everyone on the team needs to be playing at an exceptional level for a long period of time.

Basketball is different because..... well, Lebron could go out most games by himself and beat a couple teams lol, i mean its freaking Lebron. But the Hawks have lost 3 games during that stretch, albeit they got points, they still lost.

WITZ
03-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Even Tim Legler said the blackhawks streak was more impressive and he was suppose to be representing the nba.

Philapsychosis
03-06-2013, 03:27 PM
umm who knew the blackhawks even had a streak? Hockey is irrelevant here in the states so hardly no one even knows that the blackhawks have some kind of streak going on.hahaha

Yo, I've read some of the dumbest **** I've ever read in my life on this site. This guy could top it.

You speak for all of America???

NHL has a better overall attendance then NBA............

DR_1
03-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Take hockey back to Canada, please...

you mad?

mjt20mik
03-06-2013, 03:42 PM
1. the MVP derrick rose playing wouldnt have an affect on the outcome of the game? seriously?
2. Did you really just imply that with 97 jordan, we "might" beat the heat? are delusional or just ****in ********?

rose
jordan
deng
boozer
noah would SWEEP the heat in an 82 game series

preach

alexander_37
03-06-2013, 03:56 PM

Ignorance and stupidity at it's finest.

Big Zo
03-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Ignorance and stupidity at it's finest.

More like "truth." You can't deny hockey is the least popular of the 4 major North American sports.

SportsFanatic10
03-06-2013, 04:38 PM
even as a heat fan its definitely the blackhawks streak. i've played hockey and i know that sometimes your team can play a great game but just can't get that one goal, and one bad bounce the other way and you lose. its a flukey game at times, where as with basketball if you are the most talented team you win more often since its high scoring and the stars can play most of the game and take over. in hockey your best players are only on the ice for like 20 min.

Hardaway Here
03-06-2013, 04:40 PM
I could care less for Hockey but when I did learn of their streak I would say its the better of the 2 obviously but to the guy stating the teams the Heat played resulted in their streak is just stupid. How many other teams in the NBA could win 15 in a row playing against those same exact teams. Also nice of you to note the less than impressive teams and forget about Memphis, the Knicks at home as well as the Thunder gtfo with your nonsense.

alexander_37
03-06-2013, 04:57 PM
More like "truth." You can't deny hockey is the least popular of the 4 major North American sports.

Well first of all ignorance is saying hockey is irrelevant, the NHL is becoming huge. Stupidity is his terrible English, so in closing neither were "truth".

OceanSpray
03-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Hockey is a tougher game but let's be honest, who cares about it? If it weren't for you, we wouldn't even know of their streak.

koreancabbage
03-06-2013, 07:26 PM
lol i like how people are saying the Hawks streak is more impressive......

They still lost 3 games in the 23 games.

OceanSpray
03-06-2013, 07:27 PM
lol i like how people are saying the Hawks streak is more impressive......

They still lost 3 games in the 23 games.

Hockey is much tougher than basketball. I hate it but it's arguably the most difficult sport.

alexander_37
03-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Hockey is harder to win consecutive games because any lucky goal can win. Basketball you have to be the more dominant team for 48 minutes.

Master Mind
03-06-2013, 08:18 PM
I could care less for Hockey but when I did learn of their streak I would say its the better of the 2 obviously but to the guy stating the teams the Heat played resulted in their streak is just stupid. How many other teams in the NBA could win 15 in a row playing against those same exact teams. Also nice of you to note the less than impressive teams and forget about Memphis, the Knicks at home as well as the Thunder gtfo with your nonsense.

:laugh2: He thought no one would have noticed

beasted86
03-06-2013, 08:20 PM

h8terz....

You are right, but your motivation is hate.

Im_in_Mia_bish
03-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Heat fan here, Blackhawks' streak is more impressive.. But why can't the analysts hop off and leave us alone? always prematurely jumping on our accomplishments before they are officially done, and it makes us look foolish when it isnt complete. jesus christ, so annoying.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-06-2013, 08:24 PM
It's the Blackhawks streak. Add in the fact that they've got a much more condensed schedule too it takes the cake.

Im_in_Mia_bish
03-06-2013, 08:26 PM

down here it isnt popular, but the north and east coast love hockey, and apparently its pretty popular..

trust me im with u, i dont like hockey at all lol, but it is what it is.. same think with nascar, but even down here people lovee nascar.

ATX
03-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Couldn't care less about hockey...But maybe that's just me. I guess if I grew up in the north I might care. I'd say the Heat but only if the streak is still alive after this Sunday's game against the Pacers.

ATX
03-06-2013, 08:30 PM
down here it isnt popular, but the north and east coast love hockey, and apparently its pretty popular..

trust me im with u, i dont like hockey at all lol, but it is what it is.. same think with nascar, but even down here people lovee nascar.

I hate Nascar, and just about everyone in my city hates it too. We do have Formula 1, but it's sooo damn expensive.

Im_in_Mia_bish
03-06-2013, 08:33 PM
I hate Nascar, and just about everyone in my city hates it too. We do have Formula 1, but it's sooo damn expensive.

unfortunately people from all over get all pumped for the daytona 500 lol i tried watching a few events, although i love the atmosphere and crowd, the actual event is boring to me.. but a few of my friends who go to college out of Miami are in love with Nascar for whatever reason.. ehh, i prefer football, basketball and baseball.

JasonJohnHorn
03-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Where is the Stephen A Smith input here? And hockey? Ok... I'm not cool enough to follow hockey though, even though I live in Canada....

alexander_37
03-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Where is the Stephen A Smith input here? And hockey? Ok... I'm not cool enough to follow hockey though, even though I live in Canada....

He said the Heat had the better streak.

bloomis1307
03-07-2013, 03:33 PM
First off arguing wins / losses isn't the point with the Hawks, the fact of the matter is its a consecutive games with a point streak. You might as well be saying Lebron with games of 30+ points but the team lost 1 or 2 so his streak shouldn't count....It's apples to oranges.

As someone else has touched upon earlier the Hawks are doing something historic while the heat aren't even on the best streak this season. For that reason alone I don't even think there is a case to be made for the heat having the better streak......thats just my take though

Big Zo
03-07-2013, 03:41 PM
The Heat have scored a point in every single game of their 25 year history. :p

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Blackhawks easy.

2-ONE-5
03-07-2013, 04:24 PM
blackahwks have 2 or 3 LOSSES in their streak, u get apoint for mkaing it to a shootout win or lose so that is enoguh for me to be more impressed with the heats WIN streak. I beleive the Blackhawks actual win streak is around 14?

heyman321
03-07-2013, 04:27 PM
I hate hockey but the Hawks streak is more impressive. Yesterday just proved how much basketball can be a one man show. Lebron won the game in the last seconds, and it wasn't even theoreitcally possible that anyone could stop him. When he started to drive everyone knew that shot was going in.

JoeBlessU
03-07-2013, 04:45 PM
and if it didnt go in you know the refs would have had miamis back and called a foul, kinda like on the block (uhhm foul) d wade had right before. Is there any doubt that the refs didnt call a foul on D wade just to help them keep the streak alive? i think not.

JoeBlessU
03-07-2013, 04:46 PM
My point, Blackhawks streak is much more impressive for the simple fact that opposing teams dont have to beat the refs as well.

bloomis1307
03-07-2013, 04:54 PM
blackahwks have 2 or 3 LOSSES in their streak, u get apoint for mkaing it to a shootout win or lose so that is enoguh for me to be more impressed with the heats WIN streak. I beleive the Blackhawks actual win streak is around 14?

But what is being classified as their "streak" is getting points every game what difference does it make how they were accumulated.

justinnum1
03-07-2013, 06:09 PM

Formula 1 ftw!!!

Go Lewis!

aman_13
03-07-2013, 06:32 PM
There is way more parity in the NHL compared to the NBA, the Hawks streak is way more impressive. Hockey is a tough sport, you can easily lose on any given night. To not lose a game in regulation is at this point of the season is amazing. I hope they beat the all time record.

NoahH
03-07-2013, 06:39 PM
I dont watch hockey :flag::flag: (even tho im Canadian)

alexander_37
03-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Why do people keep saying " I am Canadian and I don't like hockey." Who cares, I know more people who don't like hockey than people who do and I live right out side of Toronto. It proves nothing.

Gagan136
03-07-2013, 06:53 PM
For me the Blackhawks, but the Heat have been impressive as well.

aman_13
03-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Why do people keep saying " I am Canadian and I don't like hockey." Who cares, I know more people who don't like hockey than people who do and I live right out side of Toronto. It proves nothing.

Its too bad that people hate hockey, its a great sport. One of the problems is Americans don't get Hockey Night in Canada on CBC, which is the TNT/ESPN of hockey. Presentation is huge when selling a game, NBC does a decent job but its nothing compared to CBC.

Gagan136
03-07-2013, 06:59 PM
24 games in 45 days, and starting 6-0 against 4 playoff teams in 8 days.