PDA

View Full Version : Are the heat actually a good TEAM?

nastynice
03-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Or is lebron just that dominant?

I really haven't watched them play this year, but whatever highlights I see, its just lebron being an absolute freak of nature and doing what I once thought were impossible things. How good is the team when lebron's out of the equation?

Also, do u think he could have had this success (legitimate shot at title every year, or actually favorite to win title every year) had he stayed in cleveland?

ManningToTyree
03-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Yes they are. He makes them great.

4milesperday
03-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Did you smoke weed and come up with this genius thought?

justinnum1
03-06-2013, 12:50 PM
why did they remove facepalm?

LongIslandIcedZ
03-06-2013, 12:54 PM
It's both.

Lebron is that dominant, and their a good team.

Without Lebron, I dont think they'd sniff a championship. But they do seem to play very well together.

Knick_Fever
03-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Im just gonna pretend this didn't happen.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
03-06-2013, 12:58 PM
why did they remove facepalm?

Haha that was the first thing I looked for.

1-800-STFU
03-06-2013, 01:01 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3b/Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg/300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

THERE IS YOUR FACEPALM. ARE YOU NOT SATISFIED

Lo Porto
03-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Without LBJ, the Heat are not a homecourt playoff team, but they still make the playoffs. The Heat's roster isn't nearly as good as MJ's teams from 96-98 and it's not even close. The Heat are a little bit worse than the MJ's Bulls first 3 peat team.

superior
03-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Without LBJ, the Heat are not a homecourt playoff team, but they still make the playoffs. The Heat's roster isn't nearly as good as MJ's teams from 96-98 and it's not even close. The Heat are a little bit worse than the MJ's Bulls first 3 peat team.

LLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How old are you kid? i dont even know where to start but how about the OBVIOUS

so having Dwayne wade, chris bosh, and ray allen, is worse than pippen and rodman?????? or pippen and horace grant????

youre out of your league kid, youre looking for the amateur site.

sp1derm00
03-06-2013, 01:38 PM

No, actually, the scary part of the Heat is that Wade and Bosh are both fully capable of turning it up and increasing their usage/production without Bron.

Wade is looking healthy again and could easily put up 25/5/5. Bosh was a 24/11 player once, and could still be if utilized right and had more touches. Bosh has really sacrificed a lot. He went from 27-29 USG% to now 23-24 USG%.

ManRam
03-06-2013, 01:43 PM
They're a great team, for sure.

Last year in the playoffs when they played suffocating defense and the role players hit threes, they were unbeatable. LeBron makes up for a lot, but they aren't repeating unless that happens again. They do have some holes, but the role players all excel at one or two things, and those one or two things really put the icing on the cake.

They're a good team...it's just not a traditional looking team (weak PG and weak C play). But that doesn't matter.

NYJ - NYY
03-06-2013, 01:49 PM

so having Dwayne wade, chris bosh, and ray allen, is worse than pippen and rodman?????? or pippen and horace grant????

haha someone juiced up before hitten the keyboard

uprightciti
03-06-2013, 01:52 PM
without LBJ they are a 4 seed 2nd round out

Nats_vcu-Okc35
03-06-2013, 01:56 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3b/Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg/300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

THERE IS YOUR FACEPALM. ARE YOU NOT SATISFIED

Actually I'm pretty good with it. Thank you!

therealwd27
03-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Going to pretend this never happened.

HiphopRelated
03-06-2013, 02:06 PM

lol @ not a home court team.

Heat is still a top 3 team without Lebron winning in the mid 50s....Wade and Bosh gets you to the Conference Finals...and it's not like Lebron's money just goes unspent.

Lo Porto
03-06-2013, 02:19 PM

I'm 35. I saw both 3peats of the Bulls. Scottie Pippen for both 3peats is way better than what DWade is now. Remember, Pippen was "the best defender" Phil ever saw. Those 96-98 Bulls teams also had Rodman who was the best big man defender/rebounder of the late 90's. Also factor in that Kukoc was a top 3 Euro of that time that would only play with the Bulls. And they got to bring him off the bench. Rod Harper was the perfect 6'5"/6'6" defend first PG for a team built on defense first with MJ providing the bulk of the scoring in the first unit. And Luc Longley wasn't a slouch either. He'd be a top 10 center by today's weak NBA standards.

The Heat do have Wade, Bosh and Ray Allen opposite of LeBron, but all of those guys are scorers and average defenders at best. They aren't built to be the best "TEAM" with chemistry, roles, etc. They are just good players added on. And who else is on the Heat that's any good? Nobody other than Chalmers depending on the day. Joel Anthony, Birdman, Mike Miller's 90 year old knees, etc.

And the biggest difference between the Bulls and Heat is coaching. The Heat do have better offensive talents but less of a team blue print and not near the coaching that the Bulls 3 peats had.

Lo Porto
03-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Without Jordan, the first Bulls 3peat team went to the Eastern Conference Finals back when the Eastern Conference was actually the top dog. This Heat team without LeBron would not make the Eastern Conference Finals even in a weak Eastern Conference landscape with no Rondo, no Rose, and no depth past the first 4 or 5 teams.

albertajaysfan
03-06-2013, 02:24 PM
As mentioned before. Without Lebron there are still a good team, just not a great team. Losing your playmaker and best defender who can guard almost anyone in the league is a huge loss.

But to say this team isn't good without Lebron is a bit of a stretch.

Lo Porto
03-06-2013, 02:27 PM
And let me clarify, the Heat are a good team without LBJ. I said before that the Heat still make the playoffs without him. I just think they are a 5 or 6 seed without him this whole year. You have to be a good team to make the playoffs, a great team to advance well into the playoffs, an elite team to make the Finals and the best team to win it all.

rockbottom2010
03-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Going to pretend this never happened.

im with you...thats how sad it is

TylerSL
03-06-2013, 02:50 PM
I'm 35. I saw both 3peats of the Bulls. Scottie Pippen for both 3peats is way better than what DWade is now. Remember, Pippen was "the best defender" Phil ever saw. Those 96-98 Bulls teams also had Rodman who was the best big man defender/rebounder of the late 90's. Also factor in that Kukoc was a top 3 Euro of that time that would only play with the Bulls. And they got to bring him off the bench. Rod Harper was the perfect 6'5"/6'6" defend first PG for a team built on defense first with MJ providing the bulk of the scoring in the first unit. And Luc Longley wasn't a slouch either. He'd be a top 10 center by today's weak NBA standards.

The Heat do have Wade, Bosh and Ray Allen opposite of LeBron, but all of those guys are scorers and average defenders at best. They aren't built to be the best "TEAM" with chemistry, roles, etc. They are just good players added on. And who else is on the Heat that's any good? Nobody other than Chalmers depending on the day. Joel Anthony, Birdman, Mike Miller's 90 year old knees, etc.

And the biggest difference between the Bulls and Heat is coaching. The Heat do have better offensive talents but less of a team blue print and not near the coaching that the Bulls 3 peats had.

ummmm..... wow...

seriously you think Pippen is better than Wade and Wade is just an average defender? Either you just hate Dwyane Wade or you dont watch him so you no nothing about him......

Without Lebron Wade/Bosh would both have better numbers Wade would go back to his pre-Lebron production of about 26/6/6 and Bosh would probably be around 22/10. In this weak East Wade/Bosh could lead Miami to the ECF. Heat are a top 3 team in the East without Lebron and probably make the ECF. Like I said either you are a hater or you are a no-nothing......

superior
03-06-2013, 03:00 PM
ummmm..... wow...

seriously you think Pippen is better than Wade and Wade is just an average defender? Either you just hate Dwyane Wade or you dont watch him so you no nothing about him......

Without Lebron Wade/Bosh would both have better numbers Wade would go back to his pre-Lebron production of about 26/6/6 and Bosh would probably be around 22/10. In this weak East Wade/Bosh could lead Miami to the ECF. Heat are a top 3 team in the East without Lebron and probably make the ECF. Like I said either you are a hater or you are a no-nothing......

THANKYOU! i hate to agree with a heat fan, but you just saved me the trouble of having to answer this douchebag

superior
03-06-2013, 03:00 PM
ummmm..... wow...

THANKYOU! i hate to agree with a heat fan, but you just saved me the trouble of having to answer this douchebag

canefandynasty
03-06-2013, 03:08 PM

Wade a role player... average defender? Pippen better than Wade? Are you serious or just trolling?

JNoel
03-06-2013, 03:11 PM
No they are awful.

3RDASYSTEM
03-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Its a combination of 2 dominant individuals

2(including JAMES) are on the floor who teamed up post2010

and the other coached LA/KNICKS in FINALS

and working on 3rd team trying to get them to 3 Finals in a row, which he is coaching in a ghostly fashion from exec box

that's why BRON is so dominant x3 from looking at his CAVS days where he was still the same 'player/game', just now he has 2 dominant types at his disposal, rather they his equal or not, its still dominant, same with BOSH with his 24ppg and 11rpg prior to joining those 3

that's the reason why and stop watching ESPN highlights before you think BRON is doing something nobody has done before in NBA history, a big 3 has been in NBA before BRON was even born

BRON is doing basically what I said BEAN should have done when he teamed up with SHAQ for 8yrs

BRON has played with WADE for 2 full yrs and have 2 FINALS appearances to show

BRON would have done same thing with SHAQ, not wait 4yrs to make a FINALS app, he did that with BIG Z

I think what BRON really meant to say during that MIA gathering after DECISION was they were going to be in not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6 but like 7 FINALS if they stay together that long, so far its looking like 3 for 3, not bad for a dominant player on a champ caliber roster

D-Leethal
03-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Any team with LeBron is going to play quality team basketball. His style and unselfishness breeds team basketball. He is the reason they are a good team and he is the reason they play like a team .

Hardaway Here
03-06-2013, 04:08 PM
without LBJ they are a 4 seed 2nd round out

and your basing this off of what? Wade and Bosh production and usage would both go up without LeBron. It's like people forget how dominant Wade and Bosh were when they weren't playing with LeBron. Even now playing with LBJ Wade is still dominant. I can't say the same for Bosh but like I said his usage is down.

Lo Porto
03-06-2013, 04:13 PM
I never called Wade a role player. Wade is a damn good player, but he's not as good as Pippen. It's close but I don't think he's better. Think of it like this. Phil Jackson said that Pippen always guarded the other team's best player whether he was a PG, SG, SF or PF. So essentially, he was defensively what we brag about LeBron being right now. The only difference is that Phil Jackson (arguably the best coach ever) called Pippen the best defender he's ever seen.

The last time I checked, Wade isn't the best at anything. If they remade the top 50 players of all time list, Wade wouldn't be on it. Pippen was on it without a doubt when the anniversary of the NBA came up. Do you people realize that Pippen was averaged 22ppg, 8.7 rpg, 5.6 agp, 3spg when Jordan left? Pippen was a badass and the best defender Phil ever saw. Yes he was better than Wade. He led the Bulls (which you are bashing) to the Eastern Conference Finals WITHOUT MJ. He had Horace Grant, not Shaq.

JoeBlessU
03-06-2013, 04:29 PM
No they are not that good, the NBA helps them out a lot and will continue to do so in the playoffs.. its turning into Harlem Gloabtrotters vs washington generals.. WWE is more real than the NBA

SportsFanatic10
03-06-2013, 04:41 PM
lol wow is this some kind of attempt at a lame joke?

LongIslandIcedZ
03-06-2013, 04:44 PM
NBA=Entertainment?

JoeBlessU
03-06-2013, 04:55 PM
lol wow is this some kind of attempt at a lame joke?

No i was being serious.. such a sissy sport. Ray Allen let a 150lb JJ Barea knock him down with a chest bump, i thought ray might die on the court the way he reacted (flagrant 2, Barea ejected?). Just retire Ray. Lebron got a charging call that game that should have immediately been a flagrant 2 and ejection if bareas was, but no its the NBA, they would never throw baby bron bron out. The heat are complete Pu.ss.ies, the NBA is a joke.

Dade County
03-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Or is lebron just that dominant?

I really haven't watched them play this year, but whatever highlights I see, its just lebron being an absolute freak of nature and doing what I once thought were impossible things. How good is the team when lebron's out of the equation?

Also, do u think he could have had this success (legitimate shot at title every year, or actually favorite to win title every year) had he stayed in cleveland?

What is this "cleveland" you speak of?

Dade County
03-06-2013, 05:02 PM
I never called Wade a role player. Wade is a damn good player, but he's not as good as Pippen. It's close but I don't think he's better. Think of it like this. Phil Jackson said that Pippen always guarded the other team's best player whether he was a PG, SG, SF or PF. So essentially, he was defensively what we brag about LeBron being right now. The only difference is that Phil Jackson (arguably the best coach ever) called Pippen the best defender he's ever seen.

The last time I checked, Wade isn't the best at anything. If they remade the top 50 players of all time list, Wade wouldn't be on it. Pippen was on it without a doubt when the anniversary of the NBA came up. Do you people realize that Pippen was averaged 22ppg, 8.7 rpg, 5.6 agp, 3spg when Jordan left? Pippen was a badass and the best defender Phil ever saw. Yes he was better than Wade. He led the Bulls (which you are bashing) to the Eastern Conference Finals WITHOUT MJ. He had Horace Grant, not Shaq.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.omfgod.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/funny-facepalms-0101.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.omfgod.com/2012/02/04/funny-facepalms.html&h=392&w=419&sz=22&tbnid=XsLikO7PkVPCzM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=96&zoom=1&usg=__Gu-o1YsYc7siLDw_SWqBy6YDYmk=&docid=-Gg9fBhdjrlS8M&sa=X&ei=5a43UcvGM8r62QWZroGAAQ&ved=0CFQQ9QEwBg&dur=508

odiz
03-06-2013, 05:06 PM

Pippen>Wade
Rodman>Bosh

Ray Allen is role player at this point in his career, basically a Steve Kerr. People dont like to admit that Jordan had help for some reason but the 90s Bulls teams without MJ would be considerably better then the current Heat team without LBJ.

odiz
03-06-2013, 05:10 PM
Wade a role player... average defender? Pippen better than Wade? Are you serious or just trolling?

Pippen was the better passer and better rebounder. He is maybe the best wing defender of all time and he consistently put up 20+ PPG on right around 50% shooting. Wade is a better scorer but not by a whole lot and that is the only facet of the game where he is superior to Pippen.

Celtics33
03-06-2013, 05:15 PM
Yes, but LeBron makes them a serious contender.

SportsFanatic10
03-06-2013, 05:36 PM
No i was being serious.. such a sissy sport. Ray Allen let a 150lb JJ Barea knock him down with a chest bump, i thought ray might die on the court the way he reacted (flagrant 2, Barea ejected?). Just retire Ray. Lebron got a charging call that game that should have immediately been a flagrant 2 and ejection if bareas was, but no its the NBA, they would never throw baby bron bron out. The heat are complete Pu.ss.ies, the NBA is a joke.

i wasn't talking to you, i was laughing at how dumb the thread is for saying the heat aren't a good team just lebron. i don't care about your opinion on the nba.

JoeBlessU
03-06-2013, 05:46 PM
i wasn't talking to you, i was laughing at how dumb the thread is for saying the heat aren't a good team just lebron. i don't care about your opinion on the nba.

Oh good cuz i thought u were arguing that the NBA is not the softest sport next to billiards, bowling and golf. No one can argue that.

Tony_Starks
03-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Pippen>Wade
Rodman>Bosh

Ray Allen is role player at this point in his career, basically a Steve Kerr. People dont like to admit that Jordan had help for some reason but the 90s Bulls teams without MJ would be considerably better then the current Heat team without LBJ.

You haven't been here long enough man. First rule of psd is that MJ is the only player in nba history that singlehandedly won championships by himself. That's pretty much like the gospel of psd.... (along with AI wasn't that great and half of Kobes championships don't count )

RLundi
03-06-2013, 05:55 PM
You haven't been here long enough man. First rule of psd is that MJ is the only player in nba history that singlehandedly won championships by himself. That's pretty much like the gospel of psd.... (along with AI wasn't that great and half of Kobes championships don't count )

I knew it was just a matter of time before your post somehow harkened back to Kobe :)

rocket
03-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Did you smoke weed and come up with this genius thought?

Lmfao!

bucketss
03-06-2013, 06:17 PM
they still have the best shooting guard in the league of course they're a good team.

TylerSL
03-06-2013, 07:06 PM

No he didnt. He led them to a game 7 in the conference semis before they lost. They didnt go to the ECF without Jordan. So you are not only overrating Pippen and ignoring Wade you are mistaking history, again proving that you are a no-nothing. Wow Pippen averaged 22 PPG as the #1 option. Do you know that Wade averaged 30 pts, 7.5 asts, 5 rbs, 2.2 stls, and 1.3 blks/game 2 years before Lebron/Bosh? And that team only won 43 games because his next best players were two rookies of Beasley and Chalmers. Again you are only talking about what Pippen is good at and ignoring anything about Wade. Do you know that Wade has had arguably the greatest Finals performance of all time? No you probably dont because you do not watch Wade play. You dont know that Wade held Kobe to 8-25 shooting when they played in Staples Center in January. You dont no any of this because you dont watch him. I would suggest you actually open your eyes and watch Wade before you show the world how much of a complete no-nothing you are.

Wade career PER is 25.6 (6th all time), Pippen career PER is 18.6 (114th all time).
Wade's career line is 24.9 points, 6.1 assits, 5.1 rebounds, 1.8 steals, and 1.0 blocks on .488% shooting per game.
Pippen's career line is 16.1 points, 5.2 assits, 6.4 rebounds, 2.0 steals, and 0.8 blocks on .473% shooting per game.

But your right, Pippen is better :rolleyes:

OceanSpray
03-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Wade is a better player than Pippen but Pippen's style was much more effective because he was an amazing defender and could rebound/pass better than Wade.

TylerSL
03-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Pippen was the better passer and better rebounder. He is maybe the best wing defender of all time and he consistently put up 20+ PPG on right around 50% shooting. Wade is a better scorer but not by a whole lot and that is the only facet of the game where he is superior to Pippen.

no he didnt. Pippen only averaged 20+ PPG 4 times in his 17 year career and only shot even above .490% 3 times. Pippen's career high in points in a single season is 22.0 and averaged 16.1 PPG on .473% shooting for a career.

Wade has put up 20+ PPG 9 times in his 10 year career (including this year) and has shot over .490% 6 times already and his high in points in a single season is 30.2 and Wade is averaging 24.9 PPG on .488% shooting for a career

But Wade is just a little better of a scorer :rolleyes: Wade is a better passer than Pippen, better shot blocker, better driver, scorer, free throw shooter, ballhandler, and leader. Dwyane Wade is better than Scottie Pippen.

mngopher35
03-06-2013, 07:56 PM
I think wade is better than pippen as well, but I feel like you guys are underestimating pippen a bit. He was the perfect second option especially for a scorer. Those bulls teams complimented each other very well. On the current heat they kind of overlap each other a bit and none has a major specialty other than scoring. This is why Lebron has to lead the heat in scoring, assists, rebounding, and play the best opposing player (sometimes). Although this heat team is very talented he is still the best on the team in almost every category because their skills overlap. The bulls had great second and third options who could take defensive and rebounding pressure off of MJ. Then they had good role players who fit in very well and knew their roles. Those bulls teams were better than the current heat team imo, although it might make sense to say the heat are more talented?

As to the question I don't think that the heat would make the finals or even the ecf without lebron, but they would still be a playoff team. So yes they are very good still without lebron, but with him they become the favorites.

odiz
03-06-2013, 11:10 PM
no he didnt. Pippen only averaged 20+ PPG 4 times in his 17 year career and only shot even above .490% 3 times. Pippen's career high in points in a single season is 22.0 and averaged 16.1 PPG on .473% shooting for a career.

Wade has put up 20+ PPG 9 times in his 10 year career (including this year) and has shot over .490% 6 times already and his high in points in a single season is 30.2 and Wade is averaging 24.9 PPG on .488% shooting for a career

But Wade is just a little better of a scorer :rolleyes: Wade is a better passer than Pippen, better shot blocker, better driver, scorer, free throw shooter, ballhandler, and leader. Dwyane Wade is better than Scottie Pippen.

Those stats really dont show much. They include the tail end of Pippens career when he was a role player. Pippens stats were accumulated playing on the best teams in history while Wade has played on some really bad teams and had to shoulder the scoring load. Maybe i shouldnt have said consistently 20+ but he was right around 20PPG and 50% shooting during his 6 or 7 year prime with Chicago.

Wade has had some high assist years because hes basically played point guard for the Heat most years while Pippen consistently played off the ball and still averaged 5+ assists for his career. He was a great passer. I really dont know how you quantify Wade as being a better leader.

It doesnt sound like you ever saw Pippen play. You cant overstate how good he was defensively. He was 6'8" and could guard anybody on the court, one of the best defenders of all time.

Im not trying to take anything away from Wade, i think hes a great player. Pippen was just a better all around player.

Hawkeye15
03-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Funny, the best player since Jordan gets some legit help, and the team is great....

Big Zo
03-06-2013, 11:16 PM
Those stats really dont show much. They include the tail end of Pippens career when he was a role player. Pippens stats were accumulated playing on the best teams in history while Wade has played on some really bad teams and had to shoulder the scoring load. Maybe i shouldnt have said consistently 20+ but he was right around 20PPG and 50% shooting during his 6 or 7 year prime with Chicago.

Wade has had some high assist years because hes basically played point guard for the Heat most years while Pippen consistently played off the ball and still averaged 5+ assists for his career. He was a great passer. I really dont know how you quantify Wade as being a better leader.

It doesnt sound like you ever saw Pippen play. You cant overstate how good he was defensively. He was 6'8" and could guard anybody on the court, one of the best defenders of all time.

Im not trying to take anything away from Wade, i think hes a great player. Pippen was just a better all around player.

Scottie Pippen is a better player than Wade in Siberia, maybe.

Slug3
03-06-2013, 11:18 PM

Wade played PG one year.

DumDum
03-06-2013, 11:56 PM
Is this even a "THREAT"

--23--
03-07-2013, 02:18 AM
Without Jordan, the first Bulls 3peat team went to the Eastern Conference Finals back when the Eastern Conference was actually the top dog. This Heat team without LeBron would not make the Eastern Conference Finals even in a weak Eastern Conference landscape with no Rondo, no Rose, and no depth past the first 4 or 5 teams.

The Bulls never made it to the ECF without Jordan, I don't know where you got your info from we only made it to the 2nd round.