PDA

View Full Version : Should Paul leave the Clippers?

VicTheWizard
03-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Im a Clippers fan, but I'm a little worried he may leave. I mean think about, if he re signs for the max with the Clips then all he'll have for the next 5 years is Blake Griffin, they won't have enough money to sign anyone else good. Blake is not a max player, he doesn't have a good jump shot from anywhere, he can't shoot FT, and doesn't even have a good post up game, just no real offensive skills at all, which will get exposed every year in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Because that's *** far as they'll ever go. And for someone as athletic as him and he's not even a good shot blocker. I think the Knicks, and Rockets will offer him max contracts, and he'll realize that Harden and Anthony will give him a better chance at a ring than Blake, and also I wouldn't sleep on the Mavs, who may have enough for two max contracts.

Dade County
03-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Like I have been saying... Cp3 walks to the beat of a different drum then most people.

I feel that if they get beat in the 2nd rd again, he's gone... This is why I beleive the Clippers almost have to make it to the WCF (basketball reasons); and Tony Parker being hurt just might have saved Clippers fans. Now OKC or the clippers can finish 1st in the west; if the Clippers can capture the number 1 over all send, then they will not have to face the Spurs ( Clippers can not beat the spurs in the playoffs ). OKC can take out the Spurs.

This is the only way I see Cp3 staying with the Clippers, if they can get to the WCF and loss in a game 6 or 7.

If none of the above happens... Cp3 will be hated because he will hop onto a contending team for the cheap (Knicks).

Mr_Jones
03-03-2013, 08:16 PM
^^

As a lakers fan, I am embarrassed. The lakers fan base could definitely live without posts with pure ignorance in them by some of our fans.

So stop. You're making us lo

ManRam
03-03-2013, 08:18 PM
He's not getting to the Lakers, Knicks, Nets or Bulls this offseason. So that's great for LAC's chances.

I don't know if he "should" or "shouldn't", it's ultimately his decision and he has the right to do whatever he wants. I'm just not sure where else he could go and instantly have a better shot to win. Dallas isn't contending even with him. Atlanta maybe is his best shot, but there's no indication that he wants to go there.

Houston maybe?

I think he'll stay...

D12 fan
03-03-2013, 08:18 PM
If I was him I would join Houston. Why?

1.Harden>Griffin
2.Asik>Jordan
3.Parsons>Crawford

In Houston he would have a go-to scorer in James Harden, we all know CP3 doesn't like to score, which he has to in LA because Griffin isn't that skilled as a scorer. He would make Asik a top 3 bigman. I going to go out on a limb and say CP3 chooses Houston over LA.

Rndy
03-03-2013, 08:21 PM
I think he should eventually go to the Lakers and be part of their future with Howard. As Kobe eventually retires or leaves if he's not happy with Howard being the new face that is a good combo for the future.

Kenny
03-03-2013, 08:22 PM
I don't see the Clippers getting past the 2nd round because ultimately they are goign to have to play the Thunder or Spurs there without homecourt.

Chris Paul I feel would love to play with his buddies Melo and Chandler but I dont see how its possible.

Rndy
03-03-2013, 08:23 PM

1.Harden>Griffin
2.Asik>Jordan
3.Parsons>Crawford

In Houston he would have a go-to scorer in James Harden, we all know CP3 doesn't like to score, which he has to in LA because Griffin isn't that skilled as a scorer. He would make Asik a top 3 bigman. I going to go out on a limb and say CP3 chooses Houston over LA.

I'm one of Asik biggest fans but to call him a top 3 bigman is a slap in the face to the many players that are better then him. Now if you want to say top 3 post defenders you have a argument.

D12 fan
03-03-2013, 08:27 PM
I'm one of Asik biggest fans but to call him a top 3 bigman is a slap in the face to the many players that are better then him. Now if you want to say top 3 post defenders you have a argument.
I said Chris Paul could make him a top 3 bigman, obviously he is not a top 3 bigman right now. Please read my post before throwing out false information. Thank you kindly sir.

Panthers4life
03-03-2013, 08:28 PM
cp3, dwight howard and josh smith will team up and all go to the atlanta hawks.. who can actually afford that. to go along with al horford..

PG-Chris Paul
SG-Kyle Korver
SF-Josh Smith
PF-Al Horford
C-Dwight Howard

6th man-Lou Williams..... watch out MIAMI

72 Wins
03-03-2013, 08:29 PM
How is Houston's current salary situation, can they afford Paul?

b@llhog24
03-03-2013, 08:30 PM
I said Chris Paul could make him a top 3 bigman, obviously he is not a top 3 bigman right now. Please read my post before throwing out false information. Thank you kindly sir.

Not gonna happen.

b@llhog24
03-03-2013, 08:30 PM
How is Houston's current salary situation, can they afford Paul?

They can afford anyone.

b@llhog24
03-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Only team that's a definite upgrade imo is Houston. If I was Cp3 I'd rather stay in LA. Blake hasn't hit his potential yet and he's already a top 15-20 player and they have more depth/better market than Houston.

D12 fan
03-03-2013, 08:34 PM
cp3, dwight howard and josh smith will team up and all go to the atlanta hawks.. who can actually afford that. to go along with al horford..

PG-Chris Paul
SG-Kyle Korver
SF-Josh Smith
PF-Al Horford
C-Dwight Howard

6th man-Lou Williams..... watch out MIAMIlol that is false, Atlanta can't offer 3 max contracts and then add Horford's 12mil to their cap.

What you smoking?

*You are rooting for the right NFL team though ACE BOOGIE!

Clippersfan86
03-03-2013, 08:38 PM
If Vinny stays and I'm CP3 I'd leave honestly. If the Clippers take it seriously and hire a great coach I'd stay without a single hesitation.

TheNumber37
03-03-2013, 08:59 PM
This is what it comes down to:
The West will be Durant
The East will be James

Who does Paul feel he has the best chance to surpass with his team? Assuming he is NOT interested in a rebuilding process and wants to go to a team with immediate title aspirations he only has a few options:
West
Clippers - Stay and fine tune
Grizzlies - Maybe they can make the leap with him, maybe.
Nuggets - Paul over Lawson COULD be the difference.
Lakers - If Stern Allows it
Thunder - If I can't beat em
Spurs - Huh?
Of all the above teams, Only the Clippers can afford to get Paul. I don't see the Clippers trading him a Ty Lawson or Mike Conley package. A Tony Parker deal just doesn't make sense, and the Thunder already moved traded James Harden
East:
Knicks - Move over Felton
Bulls - Huh? redux
Pacers - Actually a great fit.
Nets - Sorry D Will
Heat - If ya can't Heat em

The Knicks can't use the Amnesty twice. The Bulls have Derrick Rose. The Pacers... well the Pacers should go for it, cause a core around Paul, George West and Hibbert sounds nice. The Clippers don't want D will.
And I think Pat riley is working on that trade for next season.

jerellh528
03-03-2013, 09:02 PM
I think cp3 has found a good spot in LA, he should finish out his career there. They seem pretty focused on getting a ring nowadays as opposed to their dark past.

ManRam
03-03-2013, 09:03 PM
The West will be Durant
The East will be James

Who does Paul feel he has the best chance to surpass with his team? Assuming he is NOT interested in a rebuilding process and wants to go to a team with immediate title aspirations he only has a few options:
West
Spurs - Huh?
Of all the above teams, Only the Clippers can afford to get Paul. I don't see the Clippers trading him a Ty Lawson or Mike Conley package. A Tony Parker deal just doesn't make sense, and the Thunder already moved traded James Harden
East:
Bulls - Huh? redux
Nets - Sorry D Will

The Knicks can't use the Amnesty twice. The Bulls have Derrick Rose. The Pacers... well the Pacers should go for it, cause a core around Paul, George West and Hibbert sounds nice. The Clippers don't want D will.

You're assuming that financially all those teams can make it happen. That's not true.

Take the Lakers for sure off of that list. He's not getting there. For him to wind up on New York, Miami, OKC, and those teams, LAC would have to facilitate it. I'd rule those teams out 100% as well. Realistically you can remove just about all those teams besides the Clippers.

Cracka2HI!
03-03-2013, 09:06 PM
It was 1 game people and the Clippers only lost by 4.

dtmagnet
03-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Where can he go that's better? His original desire of playing for the Knicks isn't a possibility any more.

Yumboldt
03-03-2013, 09:09 PM
In nba 2k he always seems to sign with Cleveland...

lvlheaded
03-03-2013, 09:23 PM

ALWAYS! It makes no sense. Unless I have MAX cap space, in which case he signs with whoever I am :D

I think he stays in LA, if not the only place I see him going is Houston. He could make them great

Pierzynski4Prez
03-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Im a Clippers fan, but I'm a little worried he may leave. I mean think about, if he re signs for the max with the Clips then all he'll have for the next 5 years is Blake Griffin, they won't have enough money to sign anyone else good. Blake is not a max player, he doesn't have a good jump shot from anywhere, he can't shoot FT, and doesn't even have a good post up game, just no real offensive skills at all, which will get exposed every year in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Because that's *** far as they'll ever go. And for someone as athletic as him and he's not even a good shot blocker. I think the Knicks, and Rockets will offer him max contracts, and he'll realize that Harden and Anthony will give him a better chance at a ring than Blake, and also I wouldn't sleep on the Mavs, who may have enough for two max contracts.

I take it you don't fully understand the concept of a salary cap.

PatriotsGirl
03-03-2013, 09:27 PM
I agree with you 100% he should go to the Knicks and form the big three discussed at Carmelo's wedding

That's something I'd like to see.

DallasTrilla23
03-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Yes he should leave, leave and join THE DALLAS MAVERICKS.

blastmasta26
03-03-2013, 09:30 PM

Lol I've seen him on the Pistons once or twice, but yeah he ends up there almost every time.

Hawkeye15
03-03-2013, 09:34 PM
I think he stays in LA.

b@llhog24
03-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Tyson Chandler is part of this supposed "Big 3" huh? Cause it sure as **** ain't Amare.

JasonJohnHorn
03-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Well, CP3 is in a good spot right now and the team seems to be making an effort to keep talent around him. He's got two talented young front court players in Griffin and Jordan, and some talented guys like Bledsoe helping out. I think he should explore his options, but in reality, his options are limited. The teams he would make a contender are already over the cap, so unless they work a sign and trade, CP3 won't be going to a team that will be a contender straight off.

The Clippers may be the best option come the offseason, unless the Mavericks pick up Dwight and/or Smith, and if they do that, I'm not sure they have the cap space to bring CP3 in as well....

We'll see.

jerellh528
03-03-2013, 10:11 PM
i agree ^

Dade County
03-03-2013, 10:42 PM

PG-Chris Paul
SG-Kyle Korver
SF-Josh Smith
PF-Al Horford
C-Dwight Howard

6th man-Lou Williams..... watch out MIAMI

Thats scarey!

But Korver has to guard Wade, soooo... That will lead to foul trouble for the big men.

And oh yeah... are these players taking a discount? Because if not, you are a mad scientist.

Dade County
03-03-2013, 10:47 PM
The West will be Durant
The East will be James

West
Spurs - Huh?
East:
Bulls - Huh? redux
Nets - Sorry D Will

What trade?

Verbal Christ
03-03-2013, 10:48 PM
Houston can offer him a max deal, and even send back some intriguing pieces in a sign and trade. I think Morey is on record saying that Paul, in his eyes was one of the few players who truly were worth the max deal. would his game mesh well with Harden? Not so sure.

RLundi
03-03-2013, 10:52 PM
So many people in this thread don't understand how a salary cap works.

His only feasible options besides LAC are Houston, Dallas and Atlanta. Not the Knicks, not the Lakers, none of them.

Learn basic NBA rules people, geez.

Dade County
03-03-2013, 10:54 PM

His only feasible options besides LAC are Houston, Dallas and Atlanta. Not the Knicks, not the Lakers, none of them.

You are not leaving the option open that he might actually take less money, to join a team of his choosing.

NBA_Starter
03-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Where would he go?

Jenceman
03-03-2013, 11:02 PM
Lol I've seen him on the Pistons once or twice, but yeah he ends up there almost every time.

He signed with Houston in my franchise, and Howard went to the Hawks (I was controlling the Bobcats).

Guppyfighter
03-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Chris Paul always signs with the Suns in my mine.

strokeman
03-03-2013, 11:16 PM
i think he stays in LA, so will Dwight
but will it be with the clippers or Lakers?
i think Blake is not worth the $ they gave him, LA has Kobe locked in at a high rate but after Kobe they can afford to sign D12 and CP3 long term.

Losoway
03-03-2013, 11:27 PM
he should stay with the clippers. its not really no other team that needs him other then the knicks or the lakers but he should def stay with clippers he will

Guppyfighter
03-03-2013, 11:29 PM
he should stay with the clippers. its not really no other team that needs him other then the knicks or the lakers but he should def stay with clippers he will

Every team could use a Chris Paul.

Hawks, Jazz, Knicks, Celtics, Bobcats, Magic, Hornets, etc.

KniCks4LiFe
03-04-2013, 12:08 AM
Every team could use a Chris Paul.

Hawks, Jazz, Knicks, Celtics, Bobcats, Magic, Hornets, etc.

I'll take him on my Knicks any day! Any day!

Mr_Amaziing
03-04-2013, 12:13 AM
I can see Chris Paul signing with Houston

Then a few years down the road Blake Griffin would walk.. I think he'll end up in Okc

Not trying to be a homer but that's my opinion

homestarunner93
03-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Yes. Come on home to the Bobcats baby.

Rndy
03-04-2013, 12:24 AM

Oh sorry... But even that isn't going to happen. Unless Chris Paul can also give him better hands?

meloman1592
03-04-2013, 12:26 AM
i can see him on the hawks if they can also reel in dwight

justinnum1
03-04-2013, 12:34 AM
it would be cool if he went to houston. i think he stays tho.

Cracka2HI!
03-04-2013, 12:50 AM
Any post saying Lakers, Knicks or any team besides Houston is just pure FAIL at it's best. It's littered through this thread too showing PSD NBA forums intelligence. I guess I can see Atlanta, but they don't really have another star. I guess if CP3 wants to play with another ball dominant Superstar Houston is possible, if not the Clippers are his only option. I don't think the average PSD NBA forum poster know anything about the NBA but more specifically the how much different the culture of the Clippers is. This thread pretty much proves that.

aussie
03-04-2013, 01:06 AM
back to NOLA, he just conned the Clippers

Bravo95
03-04-2013, 01:18 AM
Of course.

Losoway
03-04-2013, 04:07 AM
he is def staying with the clippers . thats a no brainer

NYJ - NYY
03-04-2013, 09:51 AM
I agree with you 100% he should go to the Knicks and form the big three discussed at Carmelo's wedding

That's something I'd like to see.

True dat!! Knicks make it happen

Randy Moss84
03-04-2013, 11:41 AM
True dat!! Knicks make it happen

have you heard of the salary cap? :confused:

Dankster
03-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Well he's butbuddies with Melo and Carmelo said during the Olympics he'd try his hardest to get him to NYC. i dunno how he'd get here, it'd require unloading Stat's ridiculous and immovable contract. But I wouldn't be shocked if they somehow find a way to make it happen, superstars seem like they like to buddy up with one another rather than competing against each other.

That Clipper team is very good and has a lot of great young pieces. He's in a very good situation right now but if they get ousted early in the playoffs, I can see him leaving soon after.

ThaDubs
03-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Yep he should leave and play for a REAL franchise not a bum team who get's all of the laker's sloppy seconds...lmao!!! ya'll still celebrating "Win Streaks" HAHAHAHAHA

And people ask me how Lakers fans are this forum's minority... smh. Start talking **** when you make playoffs.

JiffyMix88
03-04-2013, 12:30 PM

1.Harden>Griffin
2.Asik>Jordan
3.Parsons>Crawford

Can they really get CP3 and Dwight this summer? If not then CP3 has no shot, if so then damn!

detzfish
03-04-2013, 12:39 PM
For Chris Paul, I think the most logical place to go would be to Detroit. They have the money for it. They have a very skilled big man in Greg Monroe who Paul would make a lot better. He would make Andre Drummond into a phenomenal player. They have a sg in Brandon Knight who can hit the open shots he will get with this offense. They also will have a high pick this year that hopefully ends up netting us Otto Porter or Victor Oladipo. So Chris definitely needs to come to Detroit if he wants to win.

:)

houstonfan
03-04-2013, 01:04 PM
For Chris Paul, I think the most logical place to go would be to Detroit. They have the money for it. They have a very skilled big man in Greg Monroe who Paul would make a lot better. He would make Andre Drummond into a phenomenal player. They have a sg in Brandon Knight who can hit the open shots he will get with this offense. They also will have a high pick this year that hopefully ends up netting us Otto Porter or Victor Oladipo. So Chris definitely needs to come to Detroit if he wants to win.

:)

haha I completely agree!

Tony_Starks
03-04-2013, 01:27 PM
If you think CP3 is going to walk away from the most money, being in LA, and one of the most exciting and deepest teams in the league you are delusional.....

sp1derm00
03-04-2013, 01:36 PM
I am 99% sure CP3 resigns with the Clippers. With the way they are playing, they have a legit shot at a championship.

todu82
03-04-2013, 01:37 PM
No he shouldn't. He's improved that team a lot since he joined them. If anything he should re-sign there long term.

fredv
03-04-2013, 02:09 PM
I think that he stays with the Clippers. Very slim chance he leaves.

However, three observations come to mind:

1- From what I've been reading, Houston could be able to sign BOTH Paul & Howard if they make some room. It's a real possibility, but that assumes BOTH would want to come here and play with Harden, which is very slim.

2- I heard that the Rockets are confident that they will get Howard this summer, and that he wants to go there. I personally believe he'll stay in LA but these are the rumors floating around the front office.

3- If the Rockets do get Howard, and he and Harden try to lure Paul to Houston, then IMO he'll come. And create the new superteam.

These are all extremely longshots, and I doubt they happen. But the possibility of getting a lineup of:

Lin
Harden
Parsons
Motiejunas/Asik
Howard/Asik

or

CP3
Harden
Parsons
Motiejunas
Howard

(assuming both lin and asik are moved)

...is extremely exciting.

NYJ - NYY
03-04-2013, 02:13 PM
have you heard of the salary cap? :confused:

sorry cant say make it happen... ****in dick

The Best Around
03-04-2013, 02:45 PM
0% chance he leaves and 0% he should leave. Big market (even if second fiddle), it's Los Angeles, good team and the window is not closing, and he already semi forced his way out of somewhere else.

Utd7
03-04-2013, 09:46 PM
He will stay.

garyraymond23
03-04-2013, 10:21 PM
He should only stay if he's guraunteed to be on yet another title contender. A future with Blake/DeAndre alone is seemingly enough to make him stay.

D12 fan
03-04-2013, 10:33 PM
1- From what I've been reading, Houston could be able to sign BOTH Paul & Howard if they make some room. It's a real possibility, but that assumes BOTH would want to come here and play with Harden, which is very slim.

2- I heard that the Rockets are confident that they will get Howard this summer, and that he wants to go there. I personally believe he'll stay in LA but these are the rumors floating around the front office.
Where did you hear this? I don't see Dwight leaving Hollywood and a extra 30mil for Houston.

jam
03-05-2013, 02:59 AM
D Howard has been a complete basket case for nearly two full seasons now. Morey would definitely sign him if presented the opportunity, but I think the rockets would be better off keeping their team as is while signing an elite 4/PF.

I think that he stays with the Clippers. Very slim chance he leaves.

However, three observations come to mind:

3- If the Rockets do get Howard, and he and Harden try to lure Paul to Houston, then IMO he'll come. And create the new superteam.

These are all extremely longshots, and I doubt they happen. But the possibility of getting a lineup of:

Lin
Harden
Parsons
Motiejunas/Asik
Howard/Asik

or

CP3
Harden
Parsons
Motiejunas
Howard

(assuming both lin and asik are moved)

...is extremely exciting.

fredv
03-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Where did you hear this? I don't see Dwight leaving Hollywood and a extra 30mil for Houston.

I absolutely agree and don't think it'll happen. But word is in the FO that they are confident in getting him, at least they we're at the time he was in Houston during the All-Star Break. Now who knows what happens before the end of the season, but at that time, they were confident they could get him during the offseason. It's what I've heard. Your entitled to believe me or not. I personally don't think he'll move.

(S&T could solve the money issue.)

D Howard has been a complete basket case for nearly two full seasons now. Morey would definitely sign him if presented the opportunity, but I think the rockets would be better off keeping their team as is while signing an elite 4/PF.

I like what we have in Asik. But the opportunity to pair Harden with the games best center (even when hurt) can't be passed on. Lets not forget that Howard took his team to the Finals a couple years ago.
And I don't see another elite 4 having that kind of impact and being available. Giving Josh Smith the Max or another overpaying for Millsap would be a mistake. They are great players, but they won't take you places.
Even Kevin Love. I'm a fan of the kid, and would love to have him, but put him on this Rockets team and I still don't believe your a serious threat to the Heat/Thunder.

NoahH
03-05-2013, 02:33 PM
No

king4day
03-05-2013, 02:52 PM
If things aren't working out, they can simply deal Griffin (if the contract becomes a burden). Paul has no reason to leave. You are in LA and you know you have the franchise by the balls to do everything in its power to win.

sp1derm00
03-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Well he's butbuddies with Melo and Carmelo said during the Olympics he'd try his hardest to get him to NYC. i dunno how he'd get here, it'd require unloading Stat's ridiculous and immovable contract. But I wouldn't be shocked if they somehow find a way to make it happen, superstars seem like they like to buddy up with one another rather than competing against each other.

That Clipper team is very good and has a lot of great young pieces. He's in a very good situation right now but if they get ousted early in the playoffs, I can see him leaving soon after.

Maybe if CP3 demands a sign and trade or he walks and NYK get Boston to do something like:

Boston out: Rondo
NYK out: Amare, Shumpert, Copeland
LAC out: CP3

Boston in: Amare, Shumpert, Copeland
NYK in: CP3
LAC in: Rondo

It's possible I guess?

Theyhateme459
03-05-2013, 06:48 PM
If you think CP3 is going to walk away from the most money, being in LA, and one of the most exciting and deepest teams in the league you are delusional.....

This.... I don't see why CP3 would take less $$$ just to leave a LAC team that is going out and putting pieces around him.

b-ballistic
03-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Of course! He should leave the Clippers and come play with his buddy Dwight

:win:

NYCkid12
03-05-2013, 10:05 PM

This x2 ... Knicks have no realistic way to land Paul

Only teams I see make it interesting is Dallas and Houston but I think he stays a clipper

RipCity32
03-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Come to Detroit and just throw up lobs to Drummond.

Cracka2HI!
03-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Of course! He should leave the Clippers and come play with his buddy Dwight

:win:

Or he could stay with the team that gives guys jobs just because they are his boys...like Willie Green and Matt Barnes. As far as buddies go CP3 is very comfortable. To be honest there probably isn't a better situation than the Clippers anywhere in the league. They have a players coach and the guys love each other. I don't think there is another team that is as close.

Guppyfighter
03-06-2013, 01:30 AM
Or he could stay with the team that gives guys jobs just because they are his boys...like Willie Green and Matt Barnes. As far as buddies go CP3 is very comfortable. To be honest there probably isn't a better situation than the Clippers anywhere in the league. They have a players coach and the guys love each other. I don't think there is another team that is as close.

There is a better situation actually. The Rockets.

CP3-Harden-Dwight

HouRealCoach
03-06-2013, 02:40 AM
CP3 will be a Clipper next year... It's funny how you guys claim to hate this type of media drama of who will go where but you always engage in it

Heediot
03-06-2013, 06:44 AM
Clippers need a lock-down perimeter defender that can be a threat from 3.

Paul is staying most likely, unless he joins up with Dwight in Dallas/Atlanta or Houston. Extreme small chance, S & T to NY.

King41
03-06-2013, 01:02 PM
yap he will resign !
but crazy if he joins dwight and come to dallas... but more realisitc then dallas in my eyes is houston scarey harden paul dwight ... ahhhhh