PDA

View Full Version : When Lakers make the playoffs, Can you make a case for...

Farcelona
03-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Kobe to win MVP.

Its most valuable player, not best player in the league. Kobe has been carrying them all year. Lakers are in 9th despite injuries to 3 marque players: S. Nash, Dwight and Paul Gasoft. Kobe was playing with trash players that were worse than those on Lebron's Cavs (When the 3 other guys were injured). Hes keeping the Laker playoff dreams alive.

Lebron is good, but Heat would make the playoffs without him. Without Kobe, Lakers would be the laughing stock of the league.

So when the Lakers make the playoffs, Kobe need to be the favorite to win the M.V.P. He deserves it the most.

Hawkeye15
03-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Absolutely not. There have been better players, James is on another level, and Durant is worthy as well. A player on an 8th seed with four HOF'ers is not getting it, despite the reasons.

Sactown
03-02-2013, 09:19 PM
LOL there is no argument to make, Kobe has enough talent on that roster to make it to at least .500... The west is as weak as it has ever been, with multiple teams posting negative point differentials.. There's no shot in hell he gets it.

OceanSpray
03-02-2013, 09:21 PM
I hope you are joking. If Kobe was so valuable, why isn't his valuable-ness enough to carry his team? Simple; he's not that valuable.

Do you know how delighted James would've been just to have Pau Gasol back at Cleveland? Instead he gets Mo Williams and you dare say Kobe has a more terrible team than LeBron had. You know why the Cleveland won 66 games? LeBron. The year after that, they were 18-64. Even someone with a blind eye can honestly tell you LeBron is far more valuable than Kobe ever was.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-02-2013, 09:22 PM
If the Lakers make the playoffs, you cannot make a case for Kobe to win MVP.

hidalgo
03-02-2013, 09:22 PM
hahah Kobe for mvp if he gets a 7th or 8th seed with a 1 seed roster. child please

justinnum1
03-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Kobe to win MVP.

Its most valuable player, not best player in the league. Kobe has been carrying them all year. Lakers are in 9th despite injuries to 3 marque players: S. Nash, Dwight and Paul Gasoft. Kobe was playing with trash players that were worse than those on Lebron's Cavs (When the 3 other guys were injured). Hes keeping the Laker playoff dreams alive.

Lebron is good, but Heat would make the playoffs without him. Without Kobe, Lakers would be the laughing stock of the league.

So when the Lakers make the playoffs, Kobe need to be the favorite to win the M.V.P. He deserves it the most.

:laugh2:

:drunk:

bucketss
03-02-2013, 09:24 PM
oh damn kobe carried perennial allstars and past mvps to an 8th seed WAT A BEAST

Farcelona
03-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Absolutely not. There have been better players, James is on another level, and Durant is worthy as well. A player on an 8th seed with four HOF'ers is not getting it, despite the reasons.

4 HOFs? Nash sure, Gasoft maybe, Dwight No Way. Dwight is becoming the next Jermain Oneal before our eyes. Hes breaking down faster than a Ford Truck.

Kobe is playing most games with scrubs like: Steve "More like Stevie Wonder" Blake, Earl "Fake Pearl" Clark, Jordan "Over the" Hill and Metta "World's Biggest" Peace "of Crap". If you can be in the race playing with those players, you have to be considered heavily. Lebron gets to play with HOFs and great role players himself (see: Allen, Wade, Bosh etc).

Farcelona
03-02-2013, 09:26 PM
I hope you are joking. If Kobe was so valuable, why isn't his valuable-ness enough to carry his team? Simple; he's not that valuable.

Do you know how delighted James would've been just to have Pau Gasol back at Cleveland? Instead he gets Mo Williams and you dare say Kobe has a more terrible team than LeBron had. You know why the Cleveland won 66 games? LeBron. The year after that, they were 18-64. Even someone with a blind eye can honestly tell you LeBron is far more valuable than Kobe ever was.

Depends which Gasoft. The Pau wearing little boy pants or the guy wearing big boy pants? Kobe basically made him. Pau needs to be kept in check otherwise he just plays lazy and soft.

ManRam
03-02-2013, 09:26 PM
No.

He hasn't been better than KD or LeBron, and his team hasn't been either.

Kobe has so long gotten credit for being on great teams, and Kobe fans have so long bashed great players for not having team success. It would be hypocritical for them to legit believe he deserves the MVP.

D12 fan
03-02-2013, 09:28 PM
This needs to be closed before more people read it and laugh their *** off.

OceanSpray
03-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Depends which Gasoft. The Pau wearing little boy pants or the guy wearing big boy pants? Kobe basically made him. Pau needs to be kept in check otherwise he just plays lazy and soft.

Lmao, Kobe made Gasol? Gasol has been kicking *** since his Memphis days.. The Gasol now is better than anyone James ever played with at Cleveland.

Minimal
03-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Hahahahahahahah OMG. You drunk kid, go home.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-02-2013, 09:30 PM
4 HOFs? Nash sure, Gasoft maybe, Dwight No Way. Dwight is becoming the next Jermain Oneal before our eyes. Hes breaking down faster than a Ford Truck.

Kobe is playing most games with scrubs like: Steve "More like Stevie Wonder" Blake, Earl "Fake Pearl" Clark, Jordan "Over the" Hill and Metta "World's Biggest" Peace "of Crap". If you can be in the race playing with those players, you have to be considered heavily. Lebron gets to play with HOFs and great role players himself (see: Allen, Wade, Bosh etc).

Gasol, Nash and Howard all enough individual achievements to make it. Even MWP makes a case.

ManRam
03-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Dwight plays for 8 more years even at league-average pace, and he's a HOFer. He was a top 3-5 player in the NBA for a good 4-5 years. That's all it takes.

Farcelona
03-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Lmao, Kobe made Gasol? Gasol has been kicking *** since his Memphis days.. The Gasol now is better than anyone James ever played with at Cleveland.

Speak to me after watching a few more years. Shaq >>>> Gasol. Shaq was most dominant player ever. Mo Williams made AS games.

Farcelona
03-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Hahahahahahahah OMG. You drunk kid, go home.

Hahahahahahahah OMG. You dumb kid, go home.

Farcelona
03-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Gasol, Nash and Howard all enough individual achievements to make it. Even MWP makes a case.

Who cares. Thats in the past. Those scrubs cant match the Black Mamba in longevity. Dwight is the next Jermain Oneal, injuries killed his prime.

Sactown
03-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Speak to me after watching a few more years. Shaq >>>> Gasol. Shaq was most dominant player ever. Mo Williams made AS games.

Of course Prime Shaq is>>>>>>> than Prime Gasol, but current Gasol is better than the Shaq that played in Cleveland... and Mo Williams was a horrible AS selection and had minimal impact in Cleveland, and as for the thread, I change my answer.

Yes you can make a case, but it would be a very ****** (poor) one lol.

D12 fan
03-02-2013, 09:42 PM
lol the OP is dead serious.

bucketss
03-02-2013, 09:42 PM

lebron made mo williams and ilgauskas into dwight and nash
kobe made dwight and nash into ilgauskas and mo wiliiams

sep11ie
03-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Will you people seriously stop?

xxplayerxx23
03-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Lol even if they were tired of giving it to lebron you still have Durant Parker cp3
Melo Duncan all over Kobe

More-Than-Most
03-02-2013, 09:57 PM
Just silly

Pierzynski4Prez
03-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Kobe to win MVP.

Just answered your own question right there.

ztilzer31
03-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Take LBJ and swap him with KObe.

Lakers are a 1 seed.

ATX
03-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Absurd thread

Kobe and his superteam still have yet to crack .500 basketball, and he's to be considered an MVP candidate, especially in a year when LeBron is dominating like he is on a first place team? Absurd

James
Durant
Parker (I)
Paul
Melo
Harden

are all more deserving, and I'd even say Wade, Westbrook, and George share as much of a chance as Kobe. Though none of these players stand a chance at MVP either.

Cracka2HI!
03-02-2013, 11:17 PM
No chance in hell. I'd put him no better than 8th.

Im_in_Mia_bish
03-02-2013, 11:19 PM
lol!!!!

Hawkeye15
03-03-2013, 12:42 AM

Unless Dwight's back issue takes him out, that is 4 HOF'ers on that team. Fact. And even then, the basketball HOF is so easy to get into, I think Dwight may already be there..

LongWayFromHome
03-03-2013, 12:44 AM
Lol even if they were tired of giving it to lebron you still have Durant Parker cp3
Melo Duncan all over Kobe

You left out: Melo, Wade, Harden, Noah, Lopez, PG, Al Horford, Al Jefferson, Westbrook, Curry, ZBo, ...

Baller1
03-03-2013, 12:45 AM
Hahaha.

jp611
03-03-2013, 01:06 AM
Awful thread

It's Lebron or KD for MVP this year

LASportsFan1996
03-03-2013, 01:07 AM
This forum is a joke :facepalm:

Aust
03-03-2013, 01:12 AM
He's been great this year, but nothing he can do will get him the MVP. There are more deserving alternatives

naps
03-03-2013, 01:33 AM
WoW! When was the last time a player from a supremely underachieved team got the MVP award? I actually think Lakers with Nash, Gasol, and Dwight and some shooters would be one of the top teams in the league. Go figure.

b@llhog24
03-03-2013, 01:36 AM
Just when you thought the Nba forum couldn't get any worse. :facepalm:

b@llhog24
03-03-2013, 01:37 AM
No.

He hasn't been better than KD or LeBron, and his team hasn't been either.

Kobe has so long gotten credit for being on great teams, and Kobe fans have so long bashed great players for not having team success. It would be hypocritical for them to legit believe he deserves the MVP.

You think they care? Lmao.

RLundi
03-03-2013, 01:50 AM
Another delusional Laker fan and shaft-rider.

lavilevi23
03-03-2013, 02:08 AM
Its hilarious that this guy is even serious.
Hell to the no. Lakers are having the most disappointing season in sports history.

leftymo
03-03-2013, 02:13 AM
dumb thread from a poster that has no clue of MVP history, at least the last 25 years.

please lock this crap.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-03-2013, 07:08 AM

Lakers are a 1 seed.

**** no!

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-03-2013, 07:09 AM
Absurd thread

Kobe and his superteam still have yet to crack .500 basketball, and he's to be considered an MVP candidate, especially in a year when LeBron is dominating like he is on a first place team? Absurd

James
Durant
Parker (I)
Paul
Melo
Harden

are all more deserving, and I'd even say Wade, Westbrook, and George share as much of a chance as Kobe. Though none of these players stand a chance at MVP either.

There is nothing super about our team outside Kobe.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-03-2013, 07:12 AM
Unless Dwight's back issue takes him out, that is 4 HOF'ers on that team. Fact. And even then, the basketball HOF is so easy to get into, I think Dwight may already be there..
Just because they will be Hofs doesn't mean much. Nash is a Grandpa, Gasol has fallen apart the last two years, and dwight is hurt. Stop acting as if they are all in their primes.

Faneik
03-03-2013, 07:38 AM
Just because they will be Hofs doesn't mean much. Nash is a Grandpa, Gasol has fallen apart the last two years, and dwight is hurt. Stop acting as if they are all in their primes.

funny how laker fans didn't think that in november

beginning of the season: "73-9"

crappy record --> excuses start to pile up

Faneik
03-03-2013, 07:43 AM

another delusional kobe fanboy

Raidaz4Life
03-03-2013, 07:43 AM
Lol no... even if Lebron wasn't having one of the greatest seasons of all time he wouldn't deserve it.

kblo247
03-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Yes he can win the MVP that matters, the Bill Russell Finals MVP that is

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-03-2013, 08:00 AM
I'm a big Kobe fan, but man this is too much...

JayW_1023
03-03-2013, 08:04 AM
Ridiculous. The Lakers are underachieving.

SportsFanatic10
03-03-2013, 08:21 AM
wow...lakers fans never cease to amaze me lol.

Jimmer55
03-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Kobe to win MVP.

Absolutely. People talk about all this supposed talent, but it just isn't true. Dwight is not Dwight. Nash is a senior citizen and missed a lot of games. Pau Gasol is injured. Jordan Hill out for the reason. Blake missed a lot of games. Change of coach. Kobe has been the constant as always.

ManRam
03-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Is there a factory out there that just pumps out ridiculous Kobe fans? That's the only explanation I got.

Sucks for the good/smart/fair Laker/Kobe fans.

NYC
03-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Are you ******** me? This has to be the worst thread all year.

So Kobe, leading a team who should have won 65 games and has played terribly together, should be in the MVP discussion? Just because they managed to get in the playoffs? Okay. Their team has been one of the most embarrassing teams ever.

Kobe should be in the LVP discussion.

Slug3
03-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Lets get something straight. Lebron is playing better basketball and has a better record but some laker fans think Kobe deserves it?

JAZZNC
03-03-2013, 02:39 PM
And the idiocy just keeps getting better.

Jimmer55
03-03-2013, 03:09 PM
And the idiocy just keeps getting better.

It's also idiotic to suggest Kobe is playing with Hofers who are anywhere near their HOF play. Maybe we should team Kobe up with Russell, Jerry West, and KAJ and say they have top tier talent.

OceanSpray
03-03-2013, 03:11 PM
It's also idiotic to suggest Kobe is playing with Hofers who are anywhere near their HOF play. Maybe we should team Kobe up with Russell, Jerry West, and KAJ and say they have top tier talent.

Maybe Kobe shouldn't have declared himself the 2013 champion before they played a game then.. LMAO.

nickdymez
03-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Yet another Kobe hate thread

2-ONE-5
03-03-2013, 03:53 PM
lol at an 8 seed having the mvp when they were relatively healthy all year

MaloDaw9
03-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Yet another Kobe hate thread

Your surprised by this? Kobe has been abusing these guys teams for 17 yrs. Now that he's down every coward with a internet connection has something to say. It's gutless really.

Hawkeye15
03-03-2013, 03:56 PM

This is very true. I mean, I get it, injuries set in. But if you mentioned Nash was 200, Gasol was a bit older, and Dwight was coming off major back surgery, you were labeled a hater. This may be one of the most underperforming teams in basketball history.

nickdymez
03-03-2013, 03:57 PM

So extended injuries to your top players dont matter anymore huh?

nickdymez
03-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Your surprised by this? Kobe has been abusing these guys teams for 17 yrs. Now that he's down every coward with a internet connection has something to say. It's gutless really.

This is exactly what i was thinking. Makes me a bigger Kobe fan the amount of hate he gets. I think it actually adds to his legacy

alexander_37
03-03-2013, 04:00 PM
If the Rockets and Lakers made the playoffs Harden would be twice as deserving.

LoveMeOrHateMe
03-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Kobe will definitely have a case but he won't get it he'll probably finish 4th or 5th in the voting

LoveMeOrHateMe
03-03-2013, 04:05 PM

Lakers are a 1 seed.

No way in hell they would be #1 Nash would be used the same way he is now as a spot up shooter and Dwight isn't healthy along with gasol being injured etc.

LeperMessiah
03-03-2013, 04:09 PM
At this point, it looks like the OP would take some nasty things from kobe

LoveMeOrHateMe
03-03-2013, 04:09 PM
lol at an 8 seed having the mvp when they were relatively healthy all year

Healthy? The lakers healthy lol
Nash has missed a month
Gasol will end up missing half a season
Dwight has been in and out of the lineup and isn't 100%
Jordan hill out for the season
The lakers healthy my ***

alexander_37
03-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Nash has missed a month

That's what you get when your team average age is 53.

LeperMessiah
03-03-2013, 04:17 PM
Nash has missed a month

They are still under performing

ManRam
03-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Odds nikkidymez, LMOHM and Jimmer EVER once gave LeBron any slack for not winning with less talent than Kobe has now?

MaloDaw9
03-03-2013, 04:25 PM
They are still under performing

This is true although chemistry is a very important factor that is undermentioned.

Team Chemistry doesn't happen overnight.

alexander_37
03-03-2013, 04:28 PM
This is true although chemistry is a very important factor that is undermentioned.

Team Chemistry doesn't happen overnight.

The Rockets have one player left on the roster from last season. It's his second year. Team chemistry happens when you aren't Kobe.

2-ONE-5
03-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Nash has missed a month

relatively i said, learn to read. injuries arent the reason for the lakers struggles

MaloDaw9
03-03-2013, 04:36 PM
The Rockets have one player left on the roster from last season. It's his second year. Team chemistry happens when you aren't Kobe.

I dont see it like that at all. The Rockets don't have egos and players know their role. They also play hard and Harden gave them a go to guy that can score in volume.

That said they are still only 4 games over .500 so lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Faneik
03-03-2013, 04:37 PM

you guys are now saying that nash is an old f.art

when you got him, he was great. the PG that the Lakers didn't have in years

a few months and losses later, he is a "grandpa"

typical case of a terrible fan behaviour --> only support your players when the team is winning. if they're losing you turn on them

Reyes6
03-03-2013, 04:37 PM
IF the Lakers make the playoffs Kobe is nowhere near MVP discussion. Despite any injuries, chemistry issues, etc, the Lakers should have been a top 3 team in the West. This underwhelming performance deserves no praise for any of their players.

Hawkeye15
03-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Obviously Laker fans will not care about these numbers at all, most Kobe fans hate stats, but:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2013&year_max=2013&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws

9th in win shares

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2013&year_max=2013&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws_per_48

27th in WS/48

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2013&year_max=2013&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=per

12th in PER

Individually, his numbers don't match up at all, his team is currently outside of the playoffs, and even if they get the 8th seed, voters will see he played with Dwight, Nash, and Gasol for a nice amount of games, even if they weren't their usual performers. Kobe has absolutely, and I mean none, chance at MVP. There are players on top teams that are clearly better players than him.

mightybosstone
03-03-2013, 04:45 PM
To answer this thread's question quite simply: Hell no. There are easily four or five more deserving players, and if I really sat down and looked at every team, I could probably find more than that. No matter what parameters you use to justify MVP voting, the following players are most definitely better candidates: Lebron James, Kevin Durant, James Harden, Tony Parker, Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony.

zn23
03-03-2013, 04:53 PM

Injuries are not to blame... you should look at your star player.

Kobe cracked the team chemistry before the season even started. When they got Howard, he came out and said it was his team and that he's not going to take a back seat.

He also made a point at the beginning of the season to shoot the air out of the ball to make a point that it was his team. Injuries happen to every team. Yes the Lakers had injuries. But If I have to blame one person for this mess it's Kobe. When the Lakers were 17-25, Kobe had to completely adjust his game cause he knew his shot jacking was going to keep them out of the playoffs.

Jimmer55
03-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Obviously Laker fans will not care about these numbers at all, most Kobe fans hate stats, but:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2013&year_max=2013&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws

9th in win shares

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2013&year_max=2013&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws_per_48

27th in WS/48

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2013&year_max=2013&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=per

12th in PER

Individually, his numbers don't match up at all, his team is currently outside of the playoffs, and even if they get the 8th seed, voters will see he played with Dwight, Nash, and Gasol for a nice amount of games, even if they weren't their usual performers. Kobe has absolutely, and I mean none, chance at MVP. There are players on top teams that are clearly better players than him.

Brook Lopez is 5th in PER and he's not even top 5 AT HIS OWN POSITION. PER makes DRob look better than HAKEEM. I could go on and on and on. NO ONE cares about PER. Not one single person in the KNOW. WS? WS/48? lol.

Hawkeye15
03-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Brook Lopez is 5th in PER and he's not even top 5 AT HIS OWN POSITION. PER makes DRob look better than HAKEEM. I could go on and on and on. NO ONE cares about PER. Not one single person in the KNOW. WS? WS/48? lol.

we have been over this nick, simmer down

Jimmer55
03-03-2013, 04:56 PM
we have been over this nick, simmer down

I'm Justin. Nice to meet you.

Im_in_Mia_bish
03-03-2013, 04:59 PM
no.

/thread

sunsfan88
03-03-2013, 05:21 PM
I just wanna thank the OP for giving me a great laugh.

Hardaway Here
03-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Lakers aren't even in the playoff discussion their fans were raving talking about Lakers Vs ? in NBA finals and Kobe gets MVP if they somehow make it to the 8th SEED I've seen so many delusional fans but seriously come on you can not be that stupid OP

ChicagoJ
03-03-2013, 06:01 PM
I think with the problems the lakers had this year it takes Kobe out of the conversation for mvp. With that said, I still think he's one of the all time great players and still one of the best players in the league. There is no player I'd rather have on my team in the 4th quarter than kobe. He's got that MJ like mentality where he can take over games unlike anyone else currently playing. I'm sure some can provide stats that may argue differently, but I'm just going based off the eye test in the games I've watched him play this year.

Alayla
03-03-2013, 06:04 PM

.............Thats cute

Alayla
03-03-2013, 06:05 PM

Gasols numbers on the grizz where quite good clearly he doesnt NEED kobe at all

pedrofan45
03-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Haha Laker fans. At least you're entertaining.

Alayla
03-03-2013, 06:08 PM

Wilt and Oscar say hi
Mo Willams made an allstar game BECUASE of LBJ
and Shaq was done by the time LBJ had him Gasol>>>LBJS Cleveland teammates

Hawkeye15
03-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Wilt and Oscar say hi
Mo Willams made an allstar game BECUASE of LBJ
and Shaq was done by the time LBJ had him Gasol>>>LBJS Cleveland teammates

Mo was named as a replacement for an injured player because the league leader in wins usually sends more than 1 guy, so I barely even consider Mo an all star. Shaq was 200 when he was on the Cavs.

If anyone is trying to argue that Kobe hasn't had more help than LeBron has until the following 2 years (even then it can be argued Kobe had some better rosters), that is ludicrous.

pedrofan45
03-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Mo was named as a replacement for an injured player because the league leader in wins usually sends more than 1 guy, so I barely even consider Mo an all star. Shaq was 200 when he was on the Cavs.

If anyone is trying to argue that Kobe hasn't had more help than LeBron has until the following 2 years (even then it can be argued Kobe had some better rosters), that is ludicrous.

Hawkeye, just curious, what team do you root for? I like your seemingly unbiased opinions and I feel we tend to agree on most things.

Hawkeye15
03-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Hawkeye, just curious, what team do you root for? I like your seemingly unbiased opinions and I feel we tend to agree on most things.

Wolves. My life sucks

pedrofan45
03-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Wolves. My life sucks

Haha, well thanks for KG.

Hawkeye15
03-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Haha, well thanks for KG.

thanks for McFail haha

meloman1592
03-03-2013, 06:20 PM
LMFAO what a fail of a thread..sure KObe is mvp because he's in the 9th seed with a hall of fame roster. HAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

zn23
03-03-2013, 06:46 PM
LMFAO what a fail of a thread..sure KObe is mvp because he's in the 9th seed with a hall of fame roster. HAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

5 ringz

pedrofan45
03-03-2013, 06:56 PM
5 ringz

Huh? Seriously, what does that have to do with anything?

Dude's team isn't even at .500 and he has Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, MWP, and Steve Nash. You place just about any role player with those four and they get into the playoffs no question. How does that make Kobe close to being the MVP?

meloman1592
03-03-2013, 07:01 PM
5 ringz

9th seed

ManRam
03-03-2013, 07:11 PM
I love how a well-known Kobe-hater can post "5 ringz" and people will think it's a serious post...just because that logic is actually used all the time from Kobe fans.

Borough
03-03-2013, 07:14 PM
isnt every 8th seed team struggling to make the playoffs so whoever their "franchise" player is would deserve to win MVP. eg harden, jennings etc.

ATX
03-03-2013, 07:22 PM
I love how a well-known Kobe-hater can post "5 ringz" and people will think it's a serious post...just because that logic is actually used all the time from Kobe fans.

Haha, so true.

zn23
03-03-2013, 07:28 PM

'Kobe-Hater', I'm a truth speaker!

alexander_37
03-03-2013, 10:06 PM
I dont see it like that at all. The Rockets don't have egos and players know their role. They also play hard and Harden gave them a go to guy that can score in volume.

That said they are still only 4 games over .500 so lets not get ahead of ourselves.

So what you are saying is Kobe isn't a volume scorer, and the Lakers have a worse record so my point stands and Kobe doesn't deserve 1 second of MVP consideration.

jerellh528
03-03-2013, 10:14 PM
lol no, MVP is brons or durants. But it should be lebrons

alexander_37
03-03-2013, 10:17 PM
lol no, MVP is brons or durants. But it should be lebrons

Agreed.

chopraaa
03-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Kobe to win MVP.

I am a huge kobe fan but lebron unfortunately has already won the MVP award, now its really in the media's hand to determine whether they want to make him 4 or more MVP awards. its just the way he plays the game. his energy level throughout the season is unparellel to another other mvp candidate.

b@llhog24
03-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Lmao why is this ******** still open?