PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker out for 1 month

JNoel
03-02-2013, 03:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9007618/tony-parker-san-antonio-spurs-likely-miss-4-weeks-due-sprained-ankle

Spurs are 7-7 all-time without TP.

kdspurman
03-02-2013, 03:29 PM
If he is out four weeks, that's 11 games:

vs. DET
vs. CHI
vs. POR
vs. OKC
@ MIN
vs. DAL
vs. CLE
vs. GSW
vs. UTA
@ HOU
vs. DEN

Fortunately, a lot of home games that are winnable. 4 weeks kinda sucks, but it would still give him a few weeks to get his rhythm back for the playoffs. He might come back even more rested and fresh. There is also the possibility it's longer than 4 weeks. He's always been a fast healer, last time he was supposed to be out 4 weeks, it turned out to be 2.

At about 2 weeks we should have a more clear idea of his rehabbing. The way he's been playing this year, Pop will be even more cautious than usual.

Time for guys to step up, and if Manu can facilitate like he did last night, they should be able to manage without him during that stretch. I also expect Leonard to become much more involved in the offense as well. If it's quicker, and he's fresh for the playoffs, it could be a blessing in disguise.

Jimmer55
03-02-2013, 03:31 PM
LMAO...the Spurs are trying to AVOID the Lakers.

tapajafri
03-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Saw the kings/spurs game last night and man it did not look good. He was pretty high up and came down on Isaiah Thomas' foot.....looked really bad

D-Leethal
03-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Tony Parker has only missed 14 games in his career?

I'm selfishly happy he will be back for the fantasy playoffs.

D12 fan
03-02-2013, 03:38 PM
LMAO...the Spurs are trying to AVOID the Lakers.Every team in the West is trying to avoid the Lakers,. We are starting to play well and Dwight still isn't 100%. We will be a tough matchup for anybody out West. I hope we play SanAntonio in the 1rd.

#LakersFearNobody

kdspurman
03-02-2013, 03:39 PM

Every team in the West is trying to avoid the Lakers,. We are starting to play well and Dwight still isn't 100%. We will be a tough matchup for anybody out West. I hope we play SanAntonio in the 1rd.

#LakersFearNobody

:laugh:

Jimmer55
03-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Every team in the West is trying to avoid the Lakers,. We are starting to play well and Dwight still isn't 100%. We will be a tough matchup for anybody out West. I hope we play SanAntonio in the 1rd.

#LakersFearNobody

The Lakers will SMASH the Spurs.

Slug3
03-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Nobody's trying to avoid the lakers.

Hitman 3:16
03-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Heading into the playoffs, one of the big 3 is always not at 100%, and that costs the Spurs. It's been Ginobili the last few yrs, before that it was an old and declining Duncan for 3-4 yrs before he starting finding the fountain of youth last season. Now even when Parker comes back, he won't be at full 100%.

This is a chance for either the Clippers or Thunder to take that #1 seed.

AWC713
03-02-2013, 03:53 PM

#LakersFearNobody

you know hashtags dont do anything of PSD, right? you just look #dumb #whenyouusethem

and it doesnt matter who the lakers fear. they're not in the playoff race. the spurs fear no body. they'll beat you with de colo as their starting PG...it doesnt really matter

AWC713
03-02-2013, 03:54 PM
yeah..the spurs mindset is definitely:

"lets NOT get the first seed in the west IN CASE the lakers sneak into the playoffs!!" right.

NYMetros
03-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Lol the Lakers aren't making the playoffs.

Jimmer55
03-02-2013, 04:22 PM
lol @ the Lakers not making the playoffs. So many prisoners of the moment. You're in a cage, trapped without hope or a future.

justinnum1
03-02-2013, 04:23 PM

#LakersFearNobody

:facepalm:

TheNumber37
03-02-2013, 04:25 PM
OKC is not dodging the Lakers and neither are the Clippers (easy travel)

D12 fan
03-02-2013, 04:27 PM
The Lakers will SMASH the Spurs.I think Lakers win in 6.

D12 fan
03-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Lol the Lakers aren't making the playoffs.

Lakers might end up as the 6th seed with the way GS/Utah/Hou is playing. We are only 4 games behind GS and they have a tough schedule this month.

Clippersfan86
03-02-2013, 04:36 PM
So the Spurs are trying to avoid a nonplayoff team? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

NYMetros
03-02-2013, 04:40 PM

Lakers might end up as the 6th seed with the way GS/Utah/Hou is playing. We are only 4 games behind GS and they have a tough schedule this month.

I doubt you pass any of those teams.

heyman321
03-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Spurs would beat the Lakers with a starting lineup of Bonner, Green, Splitter, Leonard, and Diaw.

xxplayerxx23
03-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Lakers might sneak in but there one and done

KnicksorBust
03-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Tough break for the Spurs... it's always somethin with them. It's just amazing that despite any injury they still always are among the West's best. Kudos to Pop for being the best coach in the game today.

MTL_123
03-02-2013, 04:46 PM
lol @ the Lakers not making the playoffs. So many prisoners of the moment. You're in a cage, trapped without hope or a future.

The only prisoner of the moment is you think that the lakers are playing good they still suck they beat minnesota come on now

D12 fan
03-02-2013, 04:49 PM
So the Spurs are trying to avoid a nonplayoff team? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.You cocky?

justinnum1
03-02-2013, 04:59 PM

Lakers have one of the hardest schedules remanning.

D12 fan
03-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Lakers have one of the hardest schedules remanning.lol no we do not.

OKC is our last tough game, I don't consider SA without Parker tough,everybody else should be a winnable game.

kenzo400
03-02-2013, 05:11 PM

#LakersFearNobody

I'm pretty sure they are trying to avoid the Lakers because of the refs.

mightybosstone
03-02-2013, 05:12 PM
I love how Lakers fans have somehow turned this thread about Tony Parker into a Lakers thread. :facepalm:

The real discussion should be about the top of the Western Conference, as well as what this means for homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs. Right now, the Spurs only have a 3 game lead on OKC and a 3 1/2 game lead on the Clippers. Both teams could feasibly catch San Antonio if they played great basketball for the next month. The Spurs also only have a 2-game lead over Miami (who has played four fewer games). I'd actually be surprised if the Heat DIDN'T surpass San Antonio for the league's best record. And if Miami gets HCA throughout the playoffs? I give the rest of the league a very, very slim chance of winning the title this year.

mightybosstone
03-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Oh... and as far as the Lakers go, who gives a ****? Even if they manage to sneak into the playoffs, a Spurs team with a 75% Tony Parker would still crush them in a playoff series. And OKC and the Clippers would run all over the Lakers. There is literally a 0 percent chance, in my book, that the Lakers will make it to the second round of the playoffs barring some freak injury like Rose's last season. And someone can feel free to sig quote me on that.

D12 fan
03-02-2013, 06:05 PM
Oh... and as far as the Lakers go, who gives a ****? Even if they manage to sneak into the playoffs, a Spurs team with a 75% Tony Parker would still crush them in a playoff series. And OKC and the Clippers would run all over the Lakers. There is literally a 0 percent chance, in my book, that the Lakers will make it to the second round of the playoffs barring some freak injury like Rose's last season. And someone can feel free to sig quote me on that.
I will remember this quote.

UPRock
03-02-2013, 06:18 PM

#LakersFearNobody

ztilzer31
03-02-2013, 06:38 PM
I will remember this quote.

Yeah, but I bet you don't bring it up after the Lakers get smashed in the first round, or don't even make it.

ztilzer31
03-02-2013, 06:42 PM

Dude you're literally on your knees blowing Kobe on 3 different threads right now.

Even if they did beat the Spurs (which is very doubtful) your team is too old, and has no depth. Spurs aren't exactly young, but they're wayyyy more talented then the Lakers.

sodaddicted
03-03-2013, 01:17 AM
How the hell did laker fan manage to turn a "Tony Parker injured for a month" thread into "Spurs are trying to avoid the Lakers?"

Wow :laugh2:

Sactown
03-03-2013, 01:18 AM
This hurts Tony Parkers MVP candidacy more than the spurs haha, I bet Pop still manages to hold onto the #1 seed without T.P. That's how good he is.

SportsFanatic10
03-03-2013, 04:23 AM
You cocky?
aren't you a magic fan? lol

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-03-2013, 04:44 AM

#LakersFearNobody
I agree. When pau comes back we are going to be scary. I have no doubt we beat down San antonio.

kblo247
03-03-2013, 06:44 AM
Ric Bucher wrote:

A totally unofficial, informal poll of various GMs/Scouts has the odds tilting now toward the Lakers sneaking into the playoffs and the Utah Jazz dropping out.

That, in fact, is why the cynics/conspiracists are suggesting Gregg Popovich came out so definitively about Tony Parker missing a month due to his recently sprained ankle; that then provides the Spurs the plausible explanation for slipping from the top perch in the Western Conference to the No. 2 slot, in anticipation of the Lakers sliding into the 8th spot. It's kind of a silly notion since the last three spots in the West are so closely bunched at the moment that the Lakers are as capable of sliding into the 7th spot as the 8th (the Warriors having 16 of their final 22 games at home has most believing the 6th seed is theirs even though they're only a half-game ahead of No. 7 Utah); but I can't quite fault anyone for seeing ulterior motives in any Pop pronouncement. It is a bit odd to rule Parker out for a month right off the bat -- a range of 2-4 weeks is generally given for sprains, no matter how severe, and the Spurs are convinced if they hadn't met the Grizzlies in the first round two years ago they could've done what the Mavericks did.

Pops been the 1 to lose to 8. He's been back door swept twice up 2-0, once at the hand of Kobe who single handedly turned that 04 series in game 4 with the spurs in total control by forcing his will on em likes he done in every damn playoff series since 01 (hell they win 03 in a comeback he led if Horry hits the gw in game 5). Kobe has a great playoff record vs Duncan. The Spurs don't want LA as much as they damn sure didnt want Memphis years ago when Memphis tanked to get them. Kobe will make an example of them to send a message about the Lakers are going to make noise, and Pop is going to tank out of 1 to make sure it doesn't happen. Now he's ****ed if SA gets 2/3 and LA gets 6/7 which is plausible (they have won 12/16 recently).

Guppyfighter
03-03-2013, 06:58 AM
Pops been the 1 to lose to 8. He's been back door swept twice up 2-0, once at the hand of Kobe who single handedly turned that 04 series in game 4 with the spurs in total control by forcing his will on em likes he done in every damn playoff series since 01 (hell they win 03 in a comeback he led if Horry hits the gw in game 5). Kobe has a great playoff record vs Duncan. The Spurs don't want LA as much as they damn sure didnt want Memphis years ago when Memphis tanked to get them. Kobe will make an example of them to send a message about the Lakers are going to make noise, and Pop is going to tank out of 1 to make sure it doesn't happen. Now he's ****ed if SA gets 2/3 and LA gets 6/7 which is plausible (they have won 12/16 recently).

What are you trying to say? Whatever it is, just let it out.

kblo247
03-03-2013, 07:04 AM
Pop and SA fears LA. They will be sent home by Kobe, like they have most their careers and be made an example of on a big stage as Mambas sacrifice and message to the west

naps
03-03-2013, 07:14 AM
awee look at these cute Lakers fans :laugh2:

They always a find a way to make everything Lakers/Kobe related. Such a poor bunch.

naps
03-03-2013, 07:16 AM
On topic, Spurs will be just fine. Pop is a living god of winning games without his stars. If Tony makes it back as projected Spurs will finally be scary in the playoffs (Assuming Manu doesn't **** it up like he always does with his health).

kblo247
03-03-2013, 07:29 AM
Ill make it interesting.

One month ban or account suspension vs a sig for the entirety of the playoffs when LA makes it. Anyone interested

JayW_1023
03-03-2013, 08:10 AM
Pop is good enough to keep the team afloat in his absence. The biggest concern is getting healthy and in synch before the postseason.

Oh, and scared of the Lakers? LOL. A healthy Parker will tear that defense apart with surgical precision.

kblo247
03-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Yah because Tony did that in 04, wait he did for 2 games, then Kobe took him and they back door swept the spurs. Oh because Tny did that in 08, wait he got beat 4-1 with Fish on him. Well there was the fact he torched Nash last playoffs they met, oh wait the suns and Nash killed them on the way to the WCF only to lose to Kobe's lakers. Ain't no body got no time to act like the spurs matter or are going to show up in the real season vs LA if they meet, they are a regular season team.

They are the team that lost as 1 to 8
They are the team whose been back door swept twice up 2-0
They are a team who has lost with hca multiple times
They are a team who has never made consecutive finals, let alone defended a title like true dynasties.
They are also a team with a losing record to Kobe's Lakers in the playoffs and who he dominates.

They don't want LA. Hell lets not even kid ourselves smart money will pick the spurs to fold anyhow its what they do and have been doing for going on 6 years or so now

ldawg
03-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Tony was MVP up to this point and with a week out so does mvp. Lebron is next in line. Yes i do feel if Lakers make the playoff and they peak at the right time they would be a team you may want to avoid. Lakers may not have played great up to this point but they do have Kobe, Pau off the bench, Howard then throw in 38 year old Nash and MWP. Oh boy if they ever get healthy and peak look out

poleandreel
03-03-2013, 09:23 AM
Yah because Tony did that in 04, wait he did for 2 games, then Kobe took him and they back door swept the spurs. Oh because Tny did that in 08, wait he got beat 4-1 with Fish on him. Well there was the fact he torched Nash last playoffs they met, oh wait the suns and Nash killed them on the way to the WCF only to lose to Kobe's lakers. Ain't no body got no time to act like the spurs matter or are going to show up in the real season vs LA if they meet, they are a regular season team.

They are the team that lost as 1 to 8
They are the team whose been back door swept twice up 2-0
They are a team who has lost with hca multiple times
They are a team who has never made consecutive finals, let alone defended a title like true dynasties.
They are also a team with a losing record to Kobe's Lakers in the playoffs and who he dominates.

They don't want LA. Hell lets not even kid ourselves smart money will pick the spurs to fold anyhow its what they do and have been doing for going on 6 years or so now

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

waveycrockett
03-03-2013, 11:56 AM
finally take him out of the mvp convo which he was not deserving of but prob would of robbed LeBron for.

waveycrockett
03-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Tony was MVP up to this point and with a week out so does mvp. Lebron is next in line. Yes i do feel if Lakers make the playoff and they peak at the right time they would be a team you may want to avoid. Lakers may not have played great up to this point but they do have Kobe, Pau off the bench, Howard then throw in 38 year old Nash and MWP. Oh boy if they ever get healthy and peak look out
lol no

Chitownhero1992
03-03-2013, 12:02 PM
There goes my MVP of the season, TP was having the most valued MVP season of the year over Lebron and everyone else but he lost out on a month now...

kdspurman
03-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Pop and SA fears LA. They will be sent home by Kobe, like they have most their careers and be made an example of on a big stage as Mambas sacrifice and message to the west

"Pop, Tony, and Tim DEFINITELY fear D'Antoni and Nash. Those guys just have our number".- Said no one ever

Look I respect the Lakers, but you're crazy to just assume they'd beat us. these aren't the Lakers of the early 2000s. The Spurs have high aspirations. They're trying to win a title being as close as they were last year. The Lakers aren't even in the playoffs as of now, so they got their own work to do. You think the Lakers defense would be able to slow down the Spurs? Right now they're playing their best ball, but what happens to the rotations when Pau comes back?

Talk about the Spurs all you want about not making it back 2 back in the finals, but since Tim came along not once did they miss the playoffs nor were they in danger of doing so...

LOOTERX9
03-03-2013, 12:33 PM
I hope parker misses the playoffs. I need the boring spurs to get knocked out early. I don't want to go back to the lowest rated spurs nba finals we use to get..

Sactown
03-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Lol because this is the first time Pop has ever given his players extra rest!

Jimmer55
03-03-2013, 01:51 PM

LIKE I SAID. I mean seriously, no top seed wants this Lakers team in the first round. PERIOD. Kobe will dismantle the Spurs and he will further himself from Duncan even more. Trust me on this. The Spurs are acting cowardly at this point.

waveycrockett
03-03-2013, 02:00 PM
There goes my MVP of the season, TP was having the most valued MVP season of the year over Lebron and everyone else but he lost out on a month now...

LBJ is having a historical year. Tony Parker has been a scrub by comparison

kdspurman
03-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Parker told Sean Elliott he thinks he'll only miss 3 weeks. Don't count out them losing the #1 seed just yet, guys will step up and play well like they have all year when guys miss time.

Guppyfighter
03-04-2013, 09:56 AM
I hope parker misses the playoffs. I need the boring spurs to get knocked out early. I don't want to go back to the lowest rated spurs nba finals we use to get..

You are pretty stupid.

kdspurman
03-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Mike Monroe ‏@Monroe_SA Good news for Spurs on night they got beat by 30: @tonyparker ran for 15 min. on treadmill today; even Pop thinks he'll be back before 4 wks.

Good news... Not surprising, since TP felt the same way and is known to come back earlier than expected from injuries

SanAntonioSpurs23
03-10-2013, 06:19 PM

#LakersFearNobody

The Lakers will SMASH the Spurs.

kdspurman
03-22-2013, 02:26 PM
TP available and "probable" for tonight's game. Only missed 3 weeks and the Spurs went 6-2 without him. Not too shabby

OceanSpray
03-22-2013, 04:20 PM
The only thing that comes to mind when the SAS finds out they are playing LAL is this http://www.chalayees.com/photos/image65.jpg

mightybosstone
03-22-2013, 05:32 PM
I realize that Lakers fans want to be confident in their team, but some of the comments in this thread are completely ludicrous. The Lakers will "smash" the Spurs? In what universe does that make any sense whatsoever?

heyman321
03-22-2013, 05:44 PM
The Spurs will sweep the Lakers in 2. They'll be blown out by 40 each game and David Stern will realize what a mistake the Lakers making the playoffs is for ratings and automatically just end the series with the Spurs advancing. Kobe retires the next day.

CarlosJ23
03-22-2013, 06:18 PM
Delusional Laker fans. lol

justinnum1
03-22-2013, 06:50 PM
I agree. When pau comes back we are going to be scary. I have no doubt we beat down San antonio.

you are funny IDELUSIONAL^248