PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Miller = Most Overrated Hall of Famer All Time

LTBaByyy
03-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Reggie's prime coincided with the weakest stretch of talent overall since the ABA/NBA merger (1994-1998)

Reggie has the lowest number of All-Star Game appearances of any modern superstar: 5 (Even Joe Johnson has more than 5)

At no point was Reggie considered one of the NBA's top ten players for a single season

Reggie is clutch? No. Indiana was 9-15 in elimination games and 3-5 in deciding Game 5's or 7's during Reggie's career

Reggie is one of the best 3 point shooters of all time if not the best? Why is his career 3pt. avg not even over .400

Only 3 All NBA teams (All 3rd team)

Nothing else to look back on his career except his rivalry with Spike Lee

Career Avg: 18 PPG, 2 APG, 3 RPG, .395 3PFG

justinnum1
03-01-2013, 06:29 PM
:yawn:

ManRam
03-01-2013, 06:29 PM
He's one of the weaker NBA HOFers IMO, at least in regards to how quickly he got in.

Overrated....underrated...that's all subjective. Depends on how he's rated. I don't think many think he's one of the greatest ever.

garyraymond23
03-01-2013, 06:33 PM
He's not overrated by any means, it's not like we're calling him anything remotely close to a top 10 player of all time. I can name countless people in the HOF that were worse than him .. does that make them overrated as well?

tredigs
03-01-2013, 06:35 PM
I agree his numbers were less than HOF worthy, but Reggie was absolutely clutch and showcasing that his team had an overall losing record in elimination games a) has no correlation to clutchness and b) is on the team, not him.

Reggie was never really considered a "superstar", just a dangerous, dangerous talent who you always had to look out for on the court. Just from a "legend" stand point in how important he was to the overall appeal of the league is reason enough for him to be Hall worthy despite not having conventionally great stats. In some respects the HOF is about impact on the game overall, really (hence there being coaches, broadcasters, etc), and he had that in droves. Plus, a career TS% of 61.4 for a guy who scored 20+ a game most of his career is pretty gangster.

LTBaByyy
03-01-2013, 06:36 PM
He's not overrated by any means, it's not like we're calling him anything remotely close to a top 10 player of all time. I can name countless people in the HOF that were worse than him .. does that make them overrated as well?

That's when you know the requirements to get in the HOF is getting easier.

Please do name me "countless" of HOF that played in the NBA that were worse than him

garyraymond23
03-01-2013, 06:43 PM
That's when you know the requirements to get in the HOF is getting easier.

Please do name me "countless" of HOF that played in the NBA that were worse than him

Off the top of my head ..

KC Jones, Calvin Murphy, Walt Bellamy, Clyde Lovellette, Bill Bradley, Gail Goodrich, Chris Mullin, Ralph Sampson, Maurice Stokes.

I know there's a ton more, I just can't think of them off the top of my head.

nickdymez
03-01-2013, 06:47 PM
This thread is a prime example of why Stats make fools our of fans...

PrettyBoyJ
03-01-2013, 06:53 PM
It just baffles me that a guy like Reggie Miller makes it and Beranard King is on the outside looking in.

JasonJohnHorn
03-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Just because your team loses doesn't you mean you aren't clutch. He's only one player on the floor. I mean, he's playing against Dumars, Thomas, Laimbeer and Rodman, or Jordan Pippen and Rodman, or Bird McHale and Parish, or Ewing with Doc River and Charles Smith and Anthony Mason and John Starks in tow, or Shaq, Penny, Dennis Scott, Nick Anderson and Horace Grant, or Shaq and Kobe. I mean, Miller lost to some AMAZING teams, and all he ever had was Rik Smits.

It's not like Miller ever had the likes of Shaq playing with him, like Kobe did, or had Thomas on his team, or Rodman or Pippen. When Miller lost, he lost to teams that were simply more talented than his team. Is he the best SG of his generation? No... but he is one of the best, and he was in a lot of historic games and hit a lot of big shots. I mean, the guy scored 156 points in 9.8 seconds that one game.

Miller is a HOFer. No doubt in my mind. He made the playoffs worth watching when he was playing.

garyraymond23
03-01-2013, 06:55 PM
It just baffles me that a guy like Reggie Miller makes it and Beranard King is on the outside looking in.

This, If a player of Reggie's caliber gets the nod then why doesn't the King?

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 07:01 PM
When you consider who makes it into the HOF, Reggie Miller more than deserves it.

Swashcuff
03-01-2013, 07:02 PM
One of the most idiotic Original Posts.

JackB
03-01-2013, 07:08 PM

YES !!!!! The HOF is a freaking joke.

tredigs
03-01-2013, 07:08 PM
Off the top of my head ..

KC Jones, Calvin Murphy, Walt Bellamy, Clyde Lovellette, Bill Bradley, Gail Goodrich, Chris Mullin, Ralph Sampson, Maurice Stokes.

I know there's a ton more, I just can't think of them off the top of my head.

Reggie definitely wasn't better than Mullin - who might be the most underrated player of that era. 25/6/4 prime on ridiculous efficiency.

Cal827
03-01-2013, 07:11 PM

Do the LT! :dance:

kozelkid
03-01-2013, 07:13 PM

More like fools who refuse to learn them.

garyraymond23
03-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Reggie definitely wasn't better than Mullin - who might be the most underrated player of that era. 25/6/4 prime on ridiculous efficiency.

Mullin had the better prime but Reggie definitely had the better overall career/durability. Mullin had a lot more potential/talent then Reggie did as well.

Colts2180
03-01-2013, 07:22 PM
Just got to find a way to bash Reggie. When you shoot as many 3s as Reggie did and as contested as many of them were because of how good he was at it, your going to lose percentage points on it. He was one of the GREATEST clutch and playoff performers ever. If you truly dont think so then you need to go back and watch some tape. True basketball fans know how dangerous and how many times Reggie came through. The all star thing is funny since he was having to play in an era with a certain guy name Micheal Jordan and several other very good SGs that made it harder for him to make it. This thread is a joke. He made the HOF enough said.

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Just got to find a way to bash Reggie. When you shoot as many 3s as Reggie did and as contested as many of them were because of how good he was at it, your going to lose percentage points on it. He was one of the GREATEST clutch and playoff performers ever. If you truly dont think so then you need to go back and watch some tape. True basketball fans know how dangerous and how many times Reggie came through. The all star thing is funny since he was having to play in an era with a certain guy name Micheal Jordan and several other very good SGs that made it harder for him to make it. This thread is a joke. He made the HOF enough said.

Name the several other very good SG's...? Drexler was Jordan's biggest competition.

tredigs
03-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Name the several other very good SG's...? Drexler was Jordan's biggest competition.

Clyde and Mitch Richmond were both outstanding, but also both Western Conference. In the East Glen Rice and Dumars were studs. Then you had Isiah and another random guard eating up those slots. Which is why he made about half the ASG's during his prime, not all.

It does make it hard to make the game as an Eastern Conference SG when it was a big dominated league and one of the SG slots was auto-locked for the decade.

Chronz
03-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Ive made a similar argument in the past but Ive been swayed somewhat, his All-Star/All-NBA selections do a disservice to his quality of play. He was not thought highly of in that era but as the years went on and the more impressive his longevity got, the more he was respected and seen as a HOF'er.

If his career were to have only been 12 seasons long, I agree he doesn't make it. But hes had a HOF career, not for his actual impact on the game, but for what hes meant to a singular franchise for nearly 2 decades. He was never a superstar but he was an All-Star throughout.

b@llhog24
03-01-2013, 08:05 PM

Except Reggie has great stats. The OP is talking about public perception and accolades.

69centers
03-01-2013, 08:06 PM
I watched Reggie play for most of his career and while he could be extremely dangerous and clutch on any given night, he was not a perennial all star (only 5 out of his 18 seasons), was not a superstar caliber player who could put the team on his back, and he has slightly outgrown his actual ability due to his legacy as being so clutch. His being remembered as a clutch and prolific 3-point scorer does overshadow his true overall ability.

My answer is he is definitely overrated and has become a cult hero that does not equal how he truly played, but I will not go as far as saying he is the most overrated hall of famer.

For as many clutch games he helped the Pacers win, I recall perhaps even more playoff exits where his team didn't accomplish anything.

Chronz
03-01-2013, 08:06 PM

I agree with some of what your sayin but thats not a very compelling argument. Lots of other inferior SG's competed against MJ yet found ways to make those squads, there are still several other spots for him to make it. He simply wasn't chosen because he wasn't thought of in that regard, by the fans or the coaches. Ive looked in depth at his All-Star selections, it seems he suffered mostly from his Pacers being a sub.500 team coming into the All-Star break. And fans weren't as knowledgeable then as they are in the internet/stats era, I highly doubt BJ Armstrong gets voted in ahead of Reggie Miller today.

And FYI, Reggie was the most efficient scorer with his output.

Chronz
03-01-2013, 08:12 PM
I'd LOVE for someone to do a breakdown of Reggies playoff games. It seems like hes built his clutch reputation on a few instances (Knicks and 1GW on MJ) but nobody ever brings up his earlier years and subsequent failures in the Finals .

PurpleJesus
03-01-2013, 08:14 PM
I understand the hate for a lot of players, but I have never been able to understand the Reggie Miller hate. Its not as if people are calling him a top 10 player of all time or anything, but I think its clear he is worthy of the hall of fame. I find it pretty special that he spent his entire career with one team as well.

bleedprple&gold
03-01-2013, 08:15 PM
YES !!!!! The HOF is a freaking joke.

I agree. The HOF should be one and done. You don't make it the first time then you're out. It's so stupid these guys get multiple chances. If you don't make the first time, what makes you more deserving the 2nd or 3rd time around etc. when you are retired and can't improve your resume any more? Makes no sense. In that case Reggie would not be in.

R. Johnson#3
03-01-2013, 08:17 PM
He dragged some of those Pacers teams to the playoffs.

FreakaNashur
03-01-2013, 08:20 PM
ray allen> reggie miller

cheryl miller > reggie miller

JonnyBrav000
03-01-2013, 08:21 PM

LOL, you must be smoking crack. And I like Mullin but Reggie > Mullin. How long was Mullin's prime, like 4 years, Miller had a much longer prime and played well even as a veteran baller. Mullin was done by 30. Plus Miller led Pacers to the playoffs every year. If it wasn't for Jordan he may have been a champion.

JonnyBrav000
03-01-2013, 08:31 PM
ray allen> reggie miller

cheryl miller > reggie miller

Foolish statement, haha Cheryl??? OOOk... Come on bro don't be a hater... Reggie and Ray Allen are pretty much the same player stat wise, few differences here and there but Reggie is a more efficient shooter, slightly... One big difference is Reggie led his team to the playoffs more than Ray Allen as the best player on his team, so I would honestly give the nod to Reggie over Ray, especially because Reggie played in the Jordan era, and MJ hogged all of the championships.

Daze9900
03-01-2013, 08:34 PM
For a long time he was all time 3pt field goals made leader, Ray Allen has it now but look how long he's in the league playing? Reggie hall of fame and it is warranted. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just hating for real and this is coming from a Knick fan with absolute hate for this guy. The only time i cheered for him was to knock off Jordan in that series.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-01-2013, 08:34 PM

Why was everyone on psd acting like you got permabanned?lol

Daze9900
03-01-2013, 08:36 PM
You're always going to have politics when it comes to the hall of fame. Some guys that should be in for whatever reason aren't in or never will be. It's subjective but really who is doubting Reggie Miller. If you are then you haven't been watching basketball like that.

Alayla
03-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Guessing the OP is really young

LTBaByyy
03-01-2013, 08:49 PM
For a long time he was all time 3pt field goals made leader, Ray Allen has it now but look how long he's in the league playing? Reggie hall of fame and it is warranted. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just hating for real and this is coming from a Knick fan with absolute hate for this guy. The only time i cheered for him was to knock off Jordan in that series.

Ummm Reggie played until he was 40. 18 years in the league

Hawkeye15
03-01-2013, 08:55 PM
I find Reggie to be slightly overrated by the masses. Possibly because of his MSG heroics, but overall, the guy was simply a shooter/scorer who did nothing else really. One of the weaker HOF candidates to get in as fast as he did for me.

LeperMessiah
03-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Great player? For sure, HOFer? Probably a fringer that got in.

ombada
03-01-2013, 09:35 PM
He played 18 years in the NBA. His scoring average from the 89'-90' season to the 00'-01' season was 20.5 on an aggressive defensive minded team. Thats 12 consecutive years of being the star of a playoff team in the NBA

He averaged over .400 from three 10 years in his career. He averaged over .900 from the FT line 8 years in his career. As an outside shooter he had a career shooting average of .471. Even if to most of you he was 'just a shooter' he was one of the best shooters of all time, and not just from the 3.

IDK why the OP said there was talent lacking when he played. I dont think thats possible considering that he played nearly two decades along the likes of Jordan, Ewing, Olajuan, Bird, Magic, Wilkins, Stockton, Malone, Kemp, Payton, Shaq, Kobe, Allen, Iverson, Carter, McGrady, Kidd, Wade, Mourning, Pippen, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Chris Webber, David Robinson... etc.

BKLYNpigeon
03-01-2013, 09:50 PM
the NBA Hall of Fame is joke anyway. they let 10+ players in a year. they let also let writers and owners in... lol.

rockbottom2010
03-01-2013, 09:57 PM

i agree....how the flip is he overrated...was the best 3pter in the game until ray allen broke his record

TheWhiteMamba
03-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Overrated.

LTBaByyy
03-01-2013, 10:14 PM
He played 18 years in the NBA. His scoring average from the 89'-90' season to the 00'-01' season was 20.5 on an aggressive defensive minded team. Thats 12 consecutive years of being the star of a playoff team in the NBA

He averaged over .400 from three 10 years in his career. He averaged over .900 from the FT line 8 years in his career. As an outside shooter he had a career shooting average of .471. Even if to most of you he was 'just a shooter' he was one of the best shooters of all time, and not just from the 3.

IDK why the OP said there was talent lacking when he played. I dont think thats possible considering that he played nearly two decades along the likes of Jordan, Ewing, Olajuan, Bird, Magic, Wilkins, Stockton, Malone, Kemp, Payton, Shaq, Kobe, Allen, Iverson, Carter, McGrady, Kidd, Wade, Mourning, Pippen, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Chris Webber, David Robinson... etc.

Read the post, It was the weakest DURING MILLERS PRIME 94-98 from top to bottom

I'm not the only one that said he is overrated

Even someone as knowledgable as Hawkeye15 said it

hidalgo
03-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Reggie was a great player. the fact his Pacers took the Bulls to a close game 7 in 1998 says it all (his Pacers were the closest to beating the Bulls). the 98 Pacers are one of the most underrated teams ever

ombada
03-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Read the post, It was the weakest DURING MILLERS PRIME 94-98 from top to bottom

I'm not the only one that said he is overrated

Even someone as knowledgable as Hawkeye15 said it

Calling someone overrated is an opinion. and i disagree with Hawkeye on most opinions he has that i read. Using him to back up your argument based in opinion is useless.

Actually the last time this came up, Hawkeye made it very clear how he feels about Miller, so i already knew he would say something along those lines.

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 10:32 PM
I don't care how you put it, Reggie is HOF material when you account for the fact that there are WNBA players that get in.

ombada
03-01-2013, 10:34 PM
I don't care how you put it, Reggie is HOF material when you account for the fact that there are WNBA players that get in.

This guy is always sippin that haterade. I dont think hes written one positive post. What team do you root for? im trying to figure out why youre such a hater.

ThaDubs
03-01-2013, 10:35 PM
He's the greatest Pacer of all time.

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 10:36 PM
This guy is always sippin that haterade. I dont think hes written one positive post. What team do you root for? im trying to figure out why youre such a hater.

You got some more for me?

hidalgo
03-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Reggie was awesome, especially in the playoffs, & 4th quarters

garyraymond23
03-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Reggie deserved to get in, absolutely wouldn't call him the most overrated HOF'er by any means.

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 10:41 PM
You guys are telling me that the second most made three pointer is "Overrated"? When compared to Jordan, yes. When you account for the fact that everyone and anyone who has a 20 PPG+ can get in, Reggie Miller is right there. It's not easy making 2500 threes...

hidalgo
03-01-2013, 10:43 PM
he scored over 25,000 points. that alone should be automatic HOF for anyone

garyraymond23
03-01-2013, 10:45 PM
I always wondered how many 3's playesr like Larry Bird, Jerry West etc. would've had if the 3 point line was already inplemented when he was growing up as kids.

hidalgo
03-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Larry wasn't in love with the 3 point line like Reggie & Ray Allen

garyraymond23
03-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Larry wasn't in love with the 3 point line like Reggie & Ray Allen

He never grew up to play with it, wasn't it implemented in his 2nd or 3rd year in the NBA? Ray Allen and Reggie Miller had a hell of a lot more time ot adjust to playing with a 3pt shot.

hidalgo
03-01-2013, 11:58 PM
He never grew up to play with it, wasn't it implemented in his 2nd or 3rd year in the NBA? Ray Allen and Reggie Miller had a hell of a lot more time ot adjust to playing with a 3pt shot.true, he grew up without the 3 point mentallity because there was no such thing. He might have shot alot more 3s had he came in 1990-2000 etc.

ewing
03-02-2013, 12:47 AM
the most overrated HOF ever is a women. I have no idea what her name is

LOOTERX9
03-02-2013, 01:20 AM
Reggie was not the best overall player but his clutch three's and him being his team's best player for 15 years makes him a hall of famer. plus he's 2nd all time in 3 pointers. This and his rivalry with spike enhanced the nba's interest from the viewing public when jordan wasn't around. so yes miller is a shoe in hall of famer.

This thread = Epic fail..

LOOTERX9
03-02-2013, 01:21 AM
Plus I think Sabonis and yao ming are much worst hall of famers than reggie

b@llhog24
03-02-2013, 01:25 AM

Probably because you don't understand how the Hall works...

Rndy
03-02-2013, 01:40 AM
I'll always Love Reggie it was a sad day when he retired he wasn't even a bad player when he retired how many teams would take a player who ended his last season with a 582 ts%

Dade County
03-02-2013, 02:12 AM
Reggie's prime coincided with the weakest stretch of talent overall since the ABA/NBA merger (1994-1998)

Reggie has the lowest number of All-Star Game appearances of any modern superstar: 5 (Even Joe Johnson has more than 5)

At no point was Reggie considered one of the NBA's top ten players for a single season

Reggie is clutch? No. Indiana was 9-15 in elimination games and 3-5 in deciding Game 5's or 7's during Reggie's career

Reggie is one of the best 3 point shooters of all time if not the best? Why is his career 3pt. avg not even over .400

Mj bulls 2nd 3 peat...etc

Did you say the same thing when posters was deciding on witch era is better; today's or jordan era?

Just to let you know, I feel that today's era of players would kill past era's ... but to each their own (excluding big men).

Iggz53
03-02-2013, 02:36 AM
So Reggie Miller gets inducted the same year as Jamaal Wilkes and somehow Reggie's the one that doesn't belong :confused:

ThuglifeJ
03-02-2013, 02:45 AM
is there still time for Bernard King to get in?

b@llhog24
03-02-2013, 02:55 AM
So Reggie Miller gets inducted the same year as Jamaal Wilkes and somehow Reggie's the one that doesn't belong :confused:

Surprised no one pointed this out yet.

hidalgo
03-02-2013, 06:03 AM
Reggie outplayed Kobe in the 2000 finals, no question about that

but so did Jalen Rose & Austin freaking Croushere

JayW_1023
03-02-2013, 06:43 AM
People bring up stats to diminish Reggie's legacy. But people deny his impact. You could not leave him open.

He was more an intangibles player than a stat player, which is far more fascinating.

He is a legit Hall of Famer.

Guppyfighter
03-02-2013, 06:46 AM
People bring up stats to diminish Reggie's legacy. But people deny his impact. You could not leave him open.

He was more an intangibles player than a stat player, which is far more fascinating.

He is a legit Hall of Famer.

He intangibled his way all the way to no final wins.

ricky recon
03-02-2013, 09:21 AM

Spot on.

Jahari Kavi
03-02-2013, 09:36 AM
cosign on Reggie not being a HOF....and I say that as a fan of the guy....Reggie became a household name because of the two classic series against the Knicks in the 90s......I've stated on several occasions that Mitch Richmond never gets half the love and credit that he deserves.......

Jahari Kavi
03-02-2013, 09:44 AM
but the era of weakest talent is inaccurate as hell....unless you consider MJ, Hakeem, Malone, Barkley, Robinson, Stockton, Payton, Shaq,Ewing, Hardaway (both Tim and Penny), Drexler, Richmond, Hill, Pippen, Kemp, Mourning, Iverson, Duncan, Kobe, etc weak lol

Jahari Kavi
03-02-2013, 09:59 AM

nah...basketball HOF accounts for accomplishments in leagues around the world, collegiate careers, and olympic medals...Sabonis was believed to be one of the best players on the planet in his younger days, but didn't get a chance to play in the NBA then....Yao was a big deal in China and had a good NBA career on top of that....

Jahari Kavi
03-02-2013, 10:04 AM
Reggie most certainly isn't the most overrated in the HOF though....he was always solid, but I just can't help but to think what most of us would think of his career if not for those Knicks series......

Dankster
03-02-2013, 10:34 AM
I saw pretty much his entire career and I can say without hesitation that he's a level below all the HOF'ers of his time. He never matched up with the greats of 80's or 90's, he was an excellent scorer who would tire opposing defenders by running around the court coming off several screens. Great perimeter shooter, but his defense was average at best (definitely below average his first few years in the league.) Terrible rebounder for a 6 "7 guy, very little athleticism, and he didn't have a playmaking bone in his body.

He was a good scorer, that's about it. The "clutch" moniker, well I dunno if he deserves that title. There were many, many more clutch players in the 80's and 90's.

I never remembered the guy being a top 10 player when he was in the league. You can make an argument there were certain years he wasn't even a top 15-20 player.

His longevity is obviously the only reason he's in the HOF. If he had a standard 8-10 year career, he wouldn't have had a shot in hell.

maddBat
03-02-2013, 10:59 AM
i feel hes deserving. although there are others with better credentials he is 1 of those names ull never 4get. yea he doesnt have his own sneaker (i dont think) but who else can get 8 points in 9 seconds? unheard of. when u think of pacers. you think miller timeeeee

maddBat
03-02-2013, 11:05 AM
and if i remember correctly. it wasnt only mj that stopped the knicks from gettin to the ship... it was also the knicks killer. reggie miller.

Jimmer55
03-02-2013, 11:11 AM

Horrible post, but at least you got a lot of replies and i'm sure that filled the void in your life. Stop worshiping boxscores and start watching basketball. Reggie was a great player and ambassador for the NBA.

Jimmer55
03-02-2013, 11:13 AM

Spot on.

akagiredsuns
03-02-2013, 11:26 AM
IBC. Wow. Nothing like an obvious baiting thread from this OP to hate on one of the best. So because his numbers aren't Jordanesque he is overrated? Must be some young kid who has no idea of what the game was like back in the day with hard fouls, not this ticky tack bailout garbage we have now. Whatever floats your boat. /thread

IndyRealist
03-02-2013, 11:32 AM
This is a silly thread. Reggie Miller got in the hall because he was responsible for some of the most memorable NBA moments of the 90's. It has nothing to do with his individual stats.

Tkwod5
03-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Yea these are all valid points. And in regards to being a HOFer you must make that elite level, so considering that he is near the bottom. However, if you make the HOF there should be no doubt on why you made it and for that reason i think this is a ridiculous call-out of a post to Mr. Miller.

Jahari Kavi
03-02-2013, 06:29 PM
IBC. Wow. Nothing like an obvious baiting thread from this OP to hate on one of the best. So because his numbers aren't Jordanesque he is overrated? Must be some young kid who has no idea of what the game was like back in the day with hard fouls, not this ticky tack bailout garbage we have now. Whatever floats your boat. /thread

lol...Reggie got probably more than half his calls on bail outs...he was one of the worst floppers ever....let's not start with the whole "the league was tougher back then" nonsense either...I've dispelled this myth several times on here...

JordansBulls
03-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Overrated if you think he is top 50 all time.

bagwell368
03-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Miller is a one way way player that lasted a very long time. Ideally on some all time great team, he'd be the "microwave" (Ainge's nick for Vinny) to play about 12 MPG.

Miller was a very fine offensive player in one dimension. Career value puts him into the top 25. But peak value and his overall game? No. He's HOF worthy however. He's miles ahead of Ralph Sampson, Bill Bradley, or Maravich as pros.

Chitownhero1992
03-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Reggie Miller is a sure fire star and HOF, to say he doesn't deserve it or is underrated is a crock. Miller was absolutely clutch and to judge clutch on playoffs is terrible that's like saying Barkley wasn't clutch, Kidd wasn't clutch, Nash wasn't clutch.....no Miller is the best SHOOTER of all time 3pt and midrange he made the shots that count he shot low percentages because he was targeted by defenses and had no one to pass to on offense.

OceanSpray
03-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Reggie Miller is a sure fire star and HOF, to say he doesn't deserve it or is underrated is a crock. Miller was absolutely clutch and to judge clutch on playoffs is terrible that's like saying Barkley wasn't clutch, Kidd wasn't clutch, Nash wasn't clutch.....no Miller is the best SHOOTER of all time 3pt and midrange he made the shots that count he shot low percentages because he was targeted by defenses and had no one to pass to on offense.

Curry is better than him. Curry is the GOAT at shooting.

pippsux
03-03-2013, 01:21 PM
I dont think he was overrated and stats alone do not do justice to his ability. I bet you if he was a forecious dunker, he probably wouldnt have been given more respect.I loved the era he played where a franchise player was a franchise player. He played his whole career with a small market team and always kept them competitive despite player movement and tough playoff matchups.

JAZZNC
03-03-2013, 01:27 PM
lol...Reggie got probably more than half his calls on bail outs...he was one of the worst floppers ever....let's not start with the whole "the league was tougher back then" nonsense either...I've dispelled this myth several times on here...

Sure you have buddy, sure you have:rolleyes:

LTBaByyy
03-03-2013, 04:16 PM
If Reggie Miller is a HOF....

Amare Stoudemire has to be one.

6 All Stars

5 All NBA teams (1st team, 4 2nd team)

That's already a better resume than Reggie

Hawkeye15
03-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Spot on.

did you just reply to yourself?