PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum is everything that is wrong with the NBA

cbreezy34
03-01-2013, 06:14 PM
First off I wanna say that as a Philadelphia fan this Sixers season should come as no surprise as only Cleveland has had more sports misery. When we traded for Bynum I was excited like most Sixers fans, however I knew it wasn't all roses. We amnisted Brand, Cut ties with our most productive bench player and leading scorer in Lou Williams, and gave up Vuvecic, Moe Harkless, Iggy, and a protected first round pick for Jason Richardson and Andrew Bynum. All NBA fans recognize that it's a player league and order to really be able to compete you need superstars- so for that reason I don't blame the Sixers.

However mister indifferent Andrew Bynum has successfully trolled an entire organization and city for an entire season, given us the middle finger and laughed about it. We gave up 4 big time assets for two players with non functioning knees. My question how does something like this even happen? How does an organization get dragged across the sand by one player- why is this man not being held to the same standards as the rest of the team? How did the Sixers medical staff mess up so indefensibly badly?

What could have been
PG- Jrue Holiday, Lou Will
SG- Adre Iggy, Evan Turner
SF- Thad Young, Moe Harkless
PF- Elton Brand, Lavoy Allen, Arnet Moueltrie
C- Vuvecic, Hawes

What is....
PG- Jrue Holiday, Royal Ivey
SG- Evan Turner, Charles Jenkins
SF- Nick Young, Dorrel Wright
PF- Lavoy Allen, Artnet Moueltrie
C- Spencer Hawes, Kwame Brown (lol)

That top team competes with the Pacers as the biggest threat to the Heat. It's so frustrating that we threw it all away and have been handcuffed by one man that can hold an entire organization and team hostage while not caring.

garyraymond23
03-01-2013, 06:18 PM
You also now have the ability to sign somebody like Dwight Howard, All Jefferson, Paul Milsap in the off season so essentially the trade could turn out to be ..

Jrue/Turner/Thad/Jefferson

You can also sign say Tony Allen, Jarret Jack with all the cap flexibility that Bynum has give you.

J4KOP99
03-01-2013, 06:19 PM
that team on the top doesn't come close to winning ****

LAKobeBryant
03-01-2013, 06:21 PM
you can't predict injuries just like not drafting the best player in the draft.

Edit: and bynum's hair has been the biggest news for 76ers this season. :D

shep33
03-01-2013, 06:21 PM
I still think it was the right move for Philly. Iggy's making like 17 mill next year and he isn't going to get them anywhere. Philly has some nice flexibility and maybe they can work out a sign-and-trade with Bynum (getting back picks, etc.) or sign him on the cheap.

Philly has a star in the making in Jrue, and they have a couple of nice pieces like Thad and Turner. They'll be okay.

cbreezy34
03-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Well considering last years team was a game away from the Eastern Conference finals without a beast Vuvecic, Moe Harkless and Moueltrie that would be a false statement. Go watch your team underperform.

justinnum1
03-01-2013, 06:23 PM
vucevic and iggy>bynum

philly front office really ****ed up.

daboywonder2002
03-01-2013, 06:24 PM
dude, it's actually a blessing in disguise. if you still had iggy and brand. at best, your a 5-8 seed. is that what you want?? multiple first and second round exits. look at the positives. you got rid of iggys contract. your gonna get a top 10 draft pick and with bynum you have options. let him go and gain cap space. sign and trade in off season to get return. or sign him to a multi year deal.

cbreezy34
You can't predict injuries? Obvisouly the Magic and Lakers knew something the Sixers didn't. My question is how in the hell does that happen? Was it all a ploy to sell more season tickets?

daboywonder2002
Well considering last years team was a game away from the Eastern Conference finals without a beast Vuvecic, Moe Harkless and Moueltrie that would be a false statement. Go watch your team underperform.

dude thats because rose got injured. that sixers team wouldnt have beaten chicago.

BigBlueCrew
03-01-2013, 06:26 PM
How can you not blame the Sixers??? They took a shot by getting involved with this player who has constantly been getting injured time and time again and they got burned for it. Luckily for them his contract runs out after this year. There was no way Bynum was gonna return after the ASG. This guy is just another Greg Oden. Just eat the loss and come back next year.

ManRam
03-01-2013, 06:28 PM
If Bynum re-signs he can still salvage that deal.

I mean, he hurt himself in a pretty weird way, but **** happens. I don't think he's "trolling" the organization. He's hurt :shrug:

But if I'm getting this right, it's not Bynum himself that's wrong with the NBA, it's everyone who was a part of the trade on Philly's end. The trainers, whoever did the physical, everyone in the front office and so on. Because you can't blame him for getting hurt. He is who he is. Your team knew the risks when they made the trade. Even the bowling injury is whatever. NBA players are allowed to bowl (and that's not the knee that's the problem now).

Blame your front office, not Bynum

garyraymond23
03-01-2013, 06:28 PM
vucevic and iggy>bynum

I'd take a 100% healthy Bynum over that, easily. Philly took a HUGE risk and it just simply didn't pay off - on the other side of it, they have his enormous contrat coming off the books this year and have cap flexibility to throw a max at somebody.

It was a win, win situation for Philly.

They get healthy Bynum or cap flexibility.

I'm assuming that was their understanding on this trade.

On top of that, Jrue wouldn't have emerged as an all star this year had Iggy stayed and Turner wouldn't have improved either - Iggy's way too ball dominant at times and Jrue/Turner have really stepped up and developed nicely.

garyraymond23
03-01-2013, 06:29 PM
Blame your front office, not Bynum

Precisely

cbreezy34
03-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Guys..... the guy has put no effort into getting back and isn't being held accountable. How does that even happen? The guy gets paid 16 mill to troll an entire city. If I was Jrue or Thad I would tell him to go **** himself.

justinnum1
03-01-2013, 06:31 PM
bynum is overrated. vucevic is putting up great numbers, and iggy is a top 3 perimeter defender. The health factor has to play a role, who knows if bynum will ever be healthy enough to perform at an elite level for an entire season. and what good is cap space if you are philly? Philly has never been an attractive destination for free agents, especially elite free agents.

Not a fan of that trade.

D-Leethal
03-01-2013, 06:33 PM
bynum is overrated. vucevic is putting up great numbers, and iggy is a top 3 perimeter defender. The health factor has to play a role, who knows if bynum will ever be healthy enough to perform at an elite level for an entire season. and what good is cap space if you are philly? Philly has never been an attractive destination for free agents, especially elite free agents.

Not a fan of that trade.

LMAO is that Wade with the bear outfit?

Forget the NBA, Bynum is everything that is wrong with America.

cbreezy34
03-01-2013, 06:34 PM
People outside of Philly don't understand because they arent as invested (which is understandable). The guy gives ******** answers to the media when hes questioned about his injury (once every two weeks).

garyraymond23
Guys..... the guy has put no effort into getting back and isn't being held accountable. How does that even happen? The guy gets paid 16 mill to troll an entire city. If I was Jrue or Thad I would tell him to go **** himself.

Your logic on this entire situation is laughable.

justinnum1
LMAO is that Wade with the bear outfit?

Forget the NBA, Bynum is everything that is wrong with America.

yea, wade has the bear head on lol!

ManRam
03-01-2013, 06:35 PM

How do you know this?

He had a setback. That **** happens. Maybe he was taking it slow so this WOULDN'T happen.

Is Derrick Rose everything that's wrong with the NBA too, using your logic?

justinnum1
03-01-2013, 06:35 PM
People outside of Philly don't understand because they arent as invested (which is understandable). The guy gives ******** answers to the media when hes questioned about his injury (once every two weeks).

i read that he blew off a media session this week too lol.

20 bucks he would fail a weed test.

BigBlueCrew
03-01-2013, 06:39 PM

Ok he isnt good with the media. That really wont make his knees heal any faster.

ManRam
03-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Yeah, what does talking to the media have anything to do with his rehab?

He doesn't wanna talk about it, whatever...

cbreezy34
03-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Right because the Rose situation and Bynum situation are similar? Chicago fans know Rose gives the Bulls everything hes got when he's out on the court. All we know about Bynum is that he was given an overblown press conference to be introduced which give him the impression he could do no wrong no matter what. We do know that he has skipped media sessions, we do know that he not close to playing weight (which has nothing to do with his knee injury) and given the two players past based on personality Rose should be given the benefit of the doubt whereas theres no reason to give Bynum such. But yeah there similar.

ManRam
03-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Right because the Rose situation and Bynum situation are similar? Chicago fans know Rose gives the Bulls everything hes got when he's out on the court. All we know about Bynum is that he was given an overblown press conference to be introduced which give him the impression he could do no wrong no matter what. We do know that he has skipped media sessions, we do know that he not close to playing weight (which has nothing to do with his knee injury) and given the two players past based on personality Rose should be given the benefit of the doubt whereas theres no reason to give Bynum such. But yeah there similar.

What do you want him to do differently...besides not get hurt, which is kinda out of his control.

Talk to media? Have a differently personality?

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 07:10 PM
The NBA needs to fix it. I'm sorry but players should not be getting paid for injuries that have nothing to do with the franchise. Bynum needs to be stripped of the money he's receiving and penalized. You can tell Bynum is going to end up a bum after his career is finished. I respected Bynum and thought he could mature as a player but it's pretty clear he's a pathetic excuse of someone who only cares about himself.

garyraymond23
03-01-2013, 07:17 PM
That's good, strip a player of the guraunteed millionaires of dollars he's owed beacuse he had a freak accident. Take Rose's money, Rondo's money and every other all star players guraunteed millions.

HYFR
03-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Feel bad for Philly. They weren't winning much with Bynum or last years team tho. Do they just cut ties with him or sign him? Tough choice

b-ballistic
03-01-2013, 09:01 PM
The dude's got bad knees, man. Other than that, he's no different than 90% of the players in the NBA

ManRam
03-01-2013, 09:05 PM
The NBA needs to fix it. I'm sorry but players should not be getting paid for injuries that have nothing to do with the franchise. Bynum needs to be stripped of the money he's receiving and penalized. You can tell Bynum is going to end up a bum after his career is finished. I respected Bynum and thought he could mature as a player but it's pretty clear he's a pathetic excuse of someone who only cares about himself.

Absolutely not. **** happens.

That's good, strip a player of the guraunteed millionaires of dollars he's owed beacuse he had a freak accident. Take Rose's money, Rondo's money and every other all star players guraunteed millions.

This ^

HouRealCoach
03-01-2013, 09:14 PM
That's what Philadelphia get lol

This is basically their punishment for giving the Lakers a superstar. This is exactly what they deserve. Now I hope Bynum goes somewhere like LA or Atl etc. & becomes a beast just because. It would make me so happy to see Howard & Bynum go elsewhere and become dominant forces because I get so sick of Lakers getting everything that they want for absolutely nothing. This time Philly helped them and Karma is such a ***** because they are really suffering because of that.

bleedprple&gold
03-01-2013, 09:16 PM

How can you say his knee injury has nothing to with him not being at his playing weight? It's kinda hard to work out and stay in shape with a bum knee.

Hawkeye15
03-01-2013, 09:20 PM
well, as much as I see why Philly fans might not be happy with Bynum, it was the right move. How were they to know this would drag on all year, and potentially forever?

mike_noodles
03-01-2013, 09:24 PM
With the degenerative knees, what type of contract will he get? I'm thinking 8, maybe ten million.

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-01-2013, 10:37 PM

This is basically their punishment for giving the Lakers a superstar. This is exactly what they deserve. Now I hope Bynum goes somewhere like LA or Atl etc. & becomes a beast just because. It would make me so happy to see Howard & Bynum go elsewhere and become dominant forces because I get so sick of Lakers getting everything that they want for absolutely nothing. This time Philly helped them and Karma is such a ***** because they are really suffering because of that.

:cry:

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 10:43 PM

I said that has nothing to do with the franchise. Bowling when you're trying to heal from another injury? He should have his contract revoked. Players need to take this thing seriously. Not only does Bynum get free money, peoples jobs are at risk. Fans pay good money for season tickets only to have Bynum run around doing nothing but teasing.

garyraymond23
03-01-2013, 10:50 PM
I said that has nothing to do with the franchise. Bowling when you're trying to heal from another injury? He should have his contract revoked. Players need to take this thing seriously. Not only does Bynum get free money, peoples jobs are at risk. Fans pay good money for season tickets only to have Bynum run around doing nothing but teasing.

You want to put a role in place that allows owners to tell their players what they can and can not do when they're injured? Sounds like slavery. What does Bynum hurting his knee have to do with peoples' jobs at risk? Or even fans paying money for season tickets? It was a freak accident .. he's not teasing anybody.

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Mitch is a used car salesman and he sold a lemon to the Sixers. I would never buy a car with a salvaged title which Bynum certainly is.

*Superman*
03-01-2013, 11:07 PM
Your franchise basically took a gamble that isn't paying off. I don't see how you can pin that on Bynum when he's had a history of injuries.m

still1ballin
03-01-2013, 11:07 PM

We gave up the second best center in the NBA. He was posting up numbers very similar to Howard. So don't deny we did not give up value. Who knew this would happen? It could of been the other way around with Howards back. What would you say then?

GREATNESS ONE
03-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Thank you Bynum for that one solid year !!!! :clap:

love you for it big man :nod:

Dade County
03-02-2013, 12:56 AM
I still think it was the right move for Philly. Iggy's making like 17 mill next year and he isn't going to get them anywhere. Philly has some nice flexibility and maybe they can work out a sign-and-trade with Bynum (getting back picks, etc.) or sign him on the cheap.

Philly has a star in the making in Jrue, and they have a couple of nice pieces like Thad and Turner. They'll be okay.

If Bynum signs for the cheap, I am sure that it will be for a contender... Maybe a two year contract.

shizzle09
03-02-2013, 01:03 AM
i'm 25 it's my life sums up mr bynum

fresh prince
03-02-2013, 01:08 AM
However mister indifferent Andrew Bynum has successfully trolled an entire organization and city for an entire season, given us the middle finger and laughed about it. We gave up 4 big time assets for two players with non functioning knees. My question how does something like this even happen? How does an organization get dragged across the sand by one player- why is this man not being held to the same standards as the rest of the team? How did the Sixers medical staff mess up so indefensibly badly?

What could have been
C- Vuvecic, Hawes

What is....

That top team competes with the Pacers as the biggest threat to the Heat. It's so frustrating that we threw it all away and have been handcuffed by one man that can hold an entire organization and team hostage while not caring.

While I understand your frustration you have to give some blame to your front office here. In fact the majority of the blame falls on them. Andrew Bynum has done this same act almost every year. So it's not like this is a new act. There is no way in the world you should have given up so much for him. Bynum is selfish has a bad attitude and poor work ethic. Not A guy you wanna build around.What's worse is how did you guys not see the talent Vucecivic had!!? He was there everyday. Just a botched situation all the way around.

DoMeFavors
03-02-2013, 01:10 AM
Was a bad move by Philly and Bynum is walking this yr. They had a nice 2 yr run in the playoffs. Havent been the same without AI and Billy King.

fresh prince
03-02-2013, 01:12 AM

Lol he's been doing that his whole career my dude

ztilzer31
03-02-2013, 01:36 AM
I'm confused. Who didn't know Bynum had bad knees?

SoFreshNsoClean
03-02-2013, 03:41 AM
"close out games are actually kind of easy"

Alayla
03-02-2013, 03:43 AM
First off I wanna say that as a Philadelphia fan this Sixers season should come as no surprise as only Cleveland has had more sports misery. When we traded for Bynum I was excited like most Sixers fans, however I knew it wasn't all roses. We amnisted Brand, Cut ties with our most productive bench player and leading scorer in Lou Williams, and gave up Vuvecic, Moe Harkless, Iggy, and a protected first round pick for Jason Richardson and Andrew Bynum. All NBA fans recognize that it's a player league and order to really be able to compete you need superstars- so for that reason I don't blame the Sixers.

What could have been
C- Vuvecic, Hawes

What is....

Your thread lost any and all creditability the moment you said IGGY would be at 2 and Thad would be a 3 IGGY is a 3 thad is a 4 also the above is not a contending team in fact its laughably medicore

Alayla
03-02-2013, 03:45 AM
Oh and i disargee with the OP very strongly. The Bynum move was a move that had to be made even if it never works out im glad the FO did somthing gutsy and tried to bring in a top 15 player.

Alayla
03-02-2013, 03:46 AM
With the degenerative knees, what type of contract will he get? I'm thinking 8, maybe ten million.

When healthy he is a top 15 player hes also a center a contract offer like that would be a joke.

Alayla
03-02-2013, 03:49 AM

Not a fan of that trade.

1.Elton brand.
2. Had to be done if we didnt do that trade we would have just sayed medicore at least with this Bynum or bust situation if we dont resign him we can rebuild

Alayla
03-02-2013, 03:53 AM

LOL you actually believe that we would have been good? WTF are you smoking?! Brand is old as hell vuc wouldnt have gotten minutes here and even if he did at best we would have been a 6th seed im glad we are not in that postion

Alayla
03-02-2013, 03:54 AM
How can you not blame the Sixers??? They took a shot by getting involved with this player who has constantly been getting injured time and time again and they got burned for it. Luckily for them his contract runs out after this year. There was no way Bynum was gonna return after the ASG. This guy is just another Greg Oden. Just eat the loss and come back next year.

He has allready done much more with his career than oden this makes you sound uneducated

Alayla
03-02-2013, 03:56 AM
I'd take a 100% healthy Bynum over that, easily. Philly took a HUGE risk and it just simply didn't pay off - on the other side of it, they have his enormous contrat coming off the books this year and have cap flexibility to throw a max at somebody.

It was a win, win situation for Philly.

They get healthy Bynum or cap flexibility.

I'm assuming that was their understanding on this trade.

On top of that, Jrue wouldn't have emerged as an all star this year had Iggy stayed and Turner wouldn't have improved either - Iggy's way too ball dominant at times and Jrue/Turner have really stepped up and developed nicely.

Exactly this minus that part with Turner stepping up Turner isnt good

GREATNESS ONE
03-02-2013, 04:51 AM
Too be honest, I would have loved to see a Healthy Bynum with that Sixera squad. Easily would have been a top 4 team in the East.

5ass
03-02-2013, 04:59 AM
LOL you actually believe that we would have been good? WTF are you smoking?! Brand is old as hell vuc wouldnt have gotten minutes here and even if he did at best we would have been a 6th seed im glad we are not in that postion

ya but the 6th seed with players that young is pretty good. Harkless could very well become a 14-7 guy next season with great D. He's already putting up 10-7 per 36 and showing signs of having the potential of being an elite defender. Vucevic could become a 15-12 center next season. This season yes they're probably a 6th seed, but Jrue, Vucevic and Harkless would all be improving. They could've still easily traded Iggy for an expiring and young cheap talent and/or a 1st round pick. They could've used their capspace to improve their team as well. Lets not act like that trade doesnt have major repercussions if Bynum doesnt come back healthy.

Rndy
03-02-2013, 07:05 AM
NBA front offices need to put their foot down when it comes to Bynum nobody should offer him a huge contract although I feel Houston will. Lakers were able to deal with him because of their front court depth he'd miss a ton of games and be ready for the playoffs. That should honestly be his role a back up center who plays very limited minutes in the regular season and unleash a well rested Bynum in the playoffs. Houston could do it because they have Asik. Not many teams can afford to go without an all star talent Center and still play it to the playoffs though.

It's a shame for Philly because they just don't have the depth to deal with Bynum they really screwed themselves over with that trade. Bynum being the person he is was never a fit in Philly. Philly is a very hard nose grind it out town and to see someone who acts like they don't give a **** just isn't a good fit. Philly will tear that guy apart if he stay there long term.

kblo247
03-02-2013, 08:09 AM
Lol he's been doing that his whole career my dude

Yeah Phil just called him on the **** in the media which is why he played. Phil also played the if Kobe is playing on a knee that needs surgery and is worse than yours you should try to do the same in 2010. But yeah he's never been one for pain, and the thing is he also by Vittis own admission have to be told put the braces on his legs. When he got hurt again after the second surgery he wasnt wearing his brace because he said he didn't like the feeling of his legs being pinched

PHX2daDEATH
03-02-2013, 08:10 AM
My bet is he won't re-sign there..Philly is bad not because Bynum is not there..its because they lost Iggy AND Lou Williams...yeah I'd pretty irked if I was a Sixers fan.....if Drew was healthy playing like an All-Star the Sixers would be a sleeper team against Miami..sad thing is ..some dumb GM will give this guy 70 Million this summer.

mike_noodles
03-02-2013, 08:17 AM
When healthy he is a top 15 player hes also a center a contract offer like that would be a joke.

When healthy, yes he might be a top 15 player. But he is clearly not healthy. Any team signing him is risking him not even playing, or in a longer term situation, not playing for multiple years. What would you give him knowing what we know about him?

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-02-2013, 08:41 AM

What could have been
C- Vuvecic, Hawes

What is....

I will bet cash (any amount) that in five years Bynum will be a nobody and out of the nba. Bynum was a little ******** kid in LA with all the fame and *****es in the world, Does anyone really Believe he will lead a team to a ring/Successful playoff run? I feel bad for you sixer fans. Bynum is all about the cash and girls. He doesn't give a fudge about the sixers or anything about that city.

ldawg
03-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Look at it this way the top team with Iggy was max out and could not play any better. That was a first round exit team. Andrew was a high reward low risk trade now its in the sixers court on what they want to do. Keep him, let him walk or sign and trade. I still feel the same about Bynum like i always did. He is just a center not a franchise player so i think it should boil down to money on what they should do. For max i would sign and trade or let walk and let the other stupid team sign him, ill only keep for a reasonable contract for an unreliable always injured player that played a full season only once. Any team that max Bynum out is stupid imo he is a 8mil center at the most on a limited role to stay healthy. All that i want more touches more minutes should be out the door for him his knees cant handle it.

2-ONE-5
03-02-2013, 10:00 AM
vucevic and iggy>bynum

its easy to say that now. your just happy your boys to have to face Bynum

sharqstealth
03-02-2013, 10:32 AM
you can't predict injuries just like not drafting the best player in the draft.

Edit: and bynum's hair has been the biggest news for 76ers this season. :D

But with Andrew Bynum its always predictable. You Lakers fans knew it

mrnore77
03-02-2013, 11:47 AM
I think the major question is: Can the Sixers or any team for that matter give this guy a max deal?
*He has a storied history of injuries
*He is immature ( ask JJ barea)
* He is coming off knee surgery, possibly facing another, and has not played since last year
* Given the new salary cap, can a team justify having another "grant hill situation" for the next 5 years

Dade County
03-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Look at it this way the top team with Iggy was max out and could not play any better. That was a first round exit team. Andrew was a high reward low risk trade now its in the sixers court on what they want to do. Keep him, let him walk or sign and trade. I still feel the same about Bynum like i always did. He is just a center not a franchise player so i think it should boil down to money on what they should do. For max i would sign and trade or let walk and let the other stupid team sign him, ill only keep for a reasonable contract for an unreliable always injured player that played a full season only once. Any team that max Bynum out is stupid imo he is a 8mil center at the most on a limited role to stay healthy. All that i want more touches more minutes should be out the door for him his knees cant handle it.

I was thinking 8mil too... But I also stated to think, if Bynum would except 8 mil it would probably a two year contract, 1 year player opt out after the first season. So I see him going to a contender, because he might as well try to win a ring, while proving that he is healthy.

So to me the greater the chance to win a ring, the lower he would go down in pay (2 year contract only, 1yr opt out), so here are the possible teams.

Money means 8-10mil... contend... win a ring

ATL (money)
Portland (money)
Houston (contend)
HEAT (win a ring)
Nets (move Lopez to power forward... contend/money)
76ers (money)
Lakers (troll city)
Golden state (experiment... Bogut and Bynum LMAO!!! Hurt city)
Phoenix (medical staff)
Toronto (money)
Boston (contend/money)

Wisdom Listens
03-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Bynum is mentally ********, but sadly so is the Sixers FO. Great analysis, I know.

ldawg
03-02-2013, 02:39 PM
I am going to sit back and watch which stupid team give this guy a max contract. Thing is he is a big with skills so you know some stupid team will its just who. When healthy the guy look great but that hes never and his overall performance is not what you look for in a max player. Health is a huge part of the game. At this point he should work on his knee and sit out the year into next. But its a contract year and he wants to play. Its a game but its also a career and he want to be paid.

Alayla
03-02-2013, 09:14 PM
My bet is he won't re-sign there..Philly is bad not because Bynum is not there..its because they lost Iggy AND Lou Williams...yeah I'd pretty irked if I was a Sixers fan.....if Drew was healthy playing like an All-Star the Sixers would be a sleeper team against Miami..sad thing is ..some dumb GM will give this guy 70 Million this summer.

Dude Lou Sucks you sound dumb Its Iggy and (BRAND) being gone that really hurts

Alayla
03-02-2013, 09:20 PM
ya but the 6th seed with players that young is pretty good. Harkless could very well become a 14-7 guy next season with great D. He's already putting up 10-7 per 36 and showing signs of having the potential of being an elite defender. Vucevic could become a 15-12 center next season. This season yes they're probably a 6th seed, but Jrue, Vucevic and Harkless would all be improving. They could've still easily traded Iggy for an expiring and young cheap talent and/or a 1st round pick. They could've used their capspace to improve their team as well. Lets not act like that trade doesnt have major repercussions if Bynum doesnt come back healthy.

It doesnt becuase while you going on about Harkless (who i assure you wont be anything special) and Vuc
You forget that since we are so bad right now we are going to get a nice Draft pick wicth hopefully will replace what vuc could have brought to the table. Plus i doubt we will outright lose Bynum
If we dont feel like commiting to him we can allways sign and trade for something of value.

Sssmush
03-02-2013, 09:27 PM
In all honesty, every Laker fan was holding their breath hoping that the deal would go through before Philly somehow came to their senses and vetoed themselves.

That we got DH12 out of the deal was almost too good to be true, although Dwights been so question marky so far we probably shouldve taken those other pkayers you mentioned instead.

Sactown
03-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Houston will offer him the max I bet, and if it happens to pan out, we'll have another Morey is the greatest gm ever thread

More-Than-Most
03-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Bynum screwed us but I would do the same thing he did. He will get a huge contract anyway so why risk playing on a 1 year deal just to get hurt further and not get said big pay day?

Smart move

Alayla
03-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Bynum screwed us but I would do the same thing he did. He will get a huge contract anyway so why risk playing on a 1 year deal just to get hurt further and not get said big pay day?

Smart move

No he didnt do this on purpose i assure you His knees are legitimately in that bad of shape.

More-Than-Most
03-02-2013, 09:49 PM
No he didnt do this on purpose i assure you His knees are legitimately in that bad of shape.

Even if he wasnt and he had slight pain its the smart route to go... Had the sixers given him a max deal when they traded for him I bet you he would be playing right now.

Bravo95
03-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Nah, when a desperate team maxes him out after seeing all this and whines later on, THAT is what's "wrong with the NBA." (Lockout)

Alayla
03-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Even if he wasnt and he had slight pain its the smart route to go... Had the sixers given him a max deal when they traded for him I bet you he would be playing right now.

Your wrong he is proven to have arthritis dude wake up!

More-Than-Most
03-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Your wrong he is proven to have arthritis dude wake up!

Has he not played through pain before? This is not the first time he has been injured.

Alayla
03-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Has he not played through pain before? This is not the first time he has been injured.

Your missing the point arthritis only gets worse his knee cartilage is decaying daily.

c.c.
03-02-2013, 11:02 PM
My Rockets bet not offer to this guy!

mvb815
03-02-2013, 11:35 PM
don't include vucevic in your fml speech 6er fans, you guys just hate to see how good he's doing now, but you never really cared for him

op can't even spell his name right

Aust
03-03-2013, 01:23 AM

No effort into getting back? HE'S HURT. Just have to wait for things to heal up.

Alayla
03-03-2013, 01:32 AM
don't include vucevic in your fml speech 6er fans, you guys just hate to see how good he's doing now, but you never really cared for him

op can't even spell his name right

This he felt redundant to me with hawes and while its true he is outplaying Hawes now there skillsets are to similar to be part of the same team imo.

Cal827
03-03-2013, 02:51 AM
Nah, when a desperate team maxes him out after seeing all this and whines later on, THAT is what's "wrong with the NBA." (Lockout)

:laugh: it's sad cause there's about a 99% chance that this happens in the next few years.

NYKalltheway
03-03-2013, 03:07 AM
Stern is everything that is wrong with the NBA