PDA

View Full Version : The Lebron James Reconciliation Thread

ztilzer31
03-01-2013, 02:24 PM
So over the past year and a half, I've noticed a big drop in negative feedback for Lebron.

So let me get this straight. If you are a Cavs fan you have ever right to be upset with Lebron. Being a longtime Mariners fan I know how it feels to get a player yanked away from your team.

I could seriously write a page or two about how dumb the hatred for Lebron was his first year in the NBA. After all the whining I hear about guys leaving their team for money, and finally someone goes to a team because he cares more about Rings, and he's the *******.... The more hatred Lebron got the more I couldn't help but root for him.

Seriously though this year just caps it off. Celebrating with the fan. Passing the ball into the crowd for the excited fan. My parents always tell me about the old days in baseball. Being able to stay after games and talk to Willie Mays. Ticket prices are more expensive than they've ever been while players are more disconnected from fans then they've ever been. Yet Lebron seems to be going to the beat of a different drum.

You don't have to love Lebron. If I was a Lakers fan I probably would hate Lebron too. It's just a competitive thing. However it's no different then the hate I had for Jordan growing up a Sonics fan. It's not that I didn't love watching Jordan. It's not that it wasn't obvious he was the best in the NBA. It was me backing my own team.

Let's not lie to ourselves. LBJ might not ever be the best basketball player of all time, but he has a chance to be the best person/basketball player of all time. He's so much more grounded then any other superstar you see today, and he's the only one that seems to give a **** about his fans.

So what do you think? Is it time to forgive Lebron, and respect him as a player? Or are you still kind of bitter about the whole thing?

Sly Guy
03-01-2013, 02:33 PM
I still don't forgive him for being a douche to the entire city of cleveland, but I respect his ability. And sometimes he can be a pretty funny dude. But I can understand and sympathize with anyone who still has issues with him. So overall, I'm indifferent at best.

bucketss
03-01-2013, 02:33 PM
this should only be asked to cavs fans, other than that he really doesn't need to be forgiven by the low lifes on here.

Big Zo
03-01-2013, 02:34 PM
LeBron doesn't need to be forgiven, because he did nothing wrong. If he would have forced his way out of Cleveland, and still been a malcontent (Dwight Howard), that would have been wrong.

ThunderousDemon
03-01-2013, 02:35 PM
I care enough to post that I never cared.

ztilzer31
I still don't forgive him for being a douche to the entire city of cleveland, but I respect his ability. And sometimes he can be a pretty funny dude. But I can understand and sympathize with anyone who still has issues with him. So overall, I'm indifferent at best.

Yeah I should of probably made that an option.

No way a Mod can add indifferent as an option by chance?

kdspurman
LeBron doesn't need to be forgiven, because he did nothing wrong. If he would have forced his way out of Cleveland, and still been a malcontent (Dwight Howard), that would have been wrong.

Most agree it's not him leaving, but the whole decision thing.

ztilzer31
03-01-2013, 02:37 PM

The way he did it was very wrong IMO. He didn't think about Cleveland fans. Should of definitely been more discrete about it IMO.

That being said I absolutely don't think him signing with a new team is wrong in any way.

bucketss
03-01-2013, 02:41 PM
lebron never killed dogs,raped someone,or murdered someone. he doesn't need to be forgiven at all he did nothing wrong, this is just a case of over emotional fans who can't even explain why they're emotional about if you asked them.

TopsyTurvy
03-01-2013, 02:42 PM
Not enjoying Lebron as a basketball player is stupid. He is the type of player that comes around once in a generation and failing to enjoy his play is a mistake for every fan of the game out there.

That said, "The Decision," was one of the worst sporting PR spectacles in modern sports. It was catastrophically stupid and still defines Lebron's career for far too many. Lebron shouldn't be faulted for leaving Cleveland, but instead the manner in which he announced it - something that cannot change.

HYFR
03-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Winning cures everything bottom line. We are for the most a forgive and forget society. Knew that much hate was not going to last forever

JoeBlessU
03-01-2013, 02:47 PM
So over the past year and a half, I've noticed a big drop in negative feedback for Lebron.

So let me get this straight. If you are a Cavs fan you have ever right to be upset with Lebron. Being a longtime Mariners fan I know how it feels to get a player yanked away from your team.

I could seriously write a page or two about how dumb the hatred for Lebron was his first year in the NBA. After all the whining I hear about guys leaving their team for money, and finally someone goes to a team because he cares more about Rings, and he's the *******.... The more hatred Lebron got the more I couldn't help but root for him.

Seriously though this year just caps it off. Celebrating with the fan. Passing the ball into the crowd for the excited fan. My parents always tell me about the old days in baseball. Being able to stay after games and talk to Willie Mays. Ticket prices are more expensive than they've ever been while players are more disconnected from fans then they've ever been. Yet Lebron seems to be going to the beat of a different drum.

You don't have to love Lebron. If I was a Lakers fan I probably would hate Lebron too. It's just a competitive thing. However it's no different then the hate I had for Jordan growing up a Sonics fan. It's not that I didn't love watching Jordan. It's not that it wasn't obvious he was the best in the NBA. It was me backing my own team.

Let's not lie to ourselves. LBJ might not ever be the best basketball player of all time, but he has a chance to be the best person/basketball player of all time. He's so much more grounded then any other superstar you see today, and he's the only one that seems to give a **** about his fans.
So what do you think? Is it time to forgive Lebron, and respect him as a player? Or are you still kind of bitter about the whole thing?

Im not bitter at him for leaving cleveland im bitter cuz hes such an arrogant ***** hole.
He's doing all this because he feels the need to be liked.

Big Zo
03-01-2013, 02:48 PM
The decision, and introduction was uneccessary, but Cleveland would have still been pissed. What really sparked the negativity was the fans from the teams he didn't choose. All those people sat there and watched the show with their fingers crossed hoping he would join their team. When he didn't, he was the worst person in the history of the world.

cubbiefan_est88
03-01-2013, 02:49 PM
You guys really make the nba forum unbearable.

JoeBlessU
03-01-2013, 02:51 PM
The decision, and introduction was uneccessary, but Cleveland would have still been pissed. What really sparked the negativity was the fans from the teams he didn't choose. All those people sat there and watched the show with their fingers crossed hoping he would join their team. When he didn't, he was the worst person in the history of the world.

Ask me if I want Lebron on the T'wolves...(I'll say no)

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-01-2013, 02:54 PM
this should only be asked to cavs fans, other than that he really doesn't need to be forgiven by the low lifes on here.

Cav fans still hate his guts i'm sure.

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 02:54 PM
The way he did it was very wrong IMO. He didn't think about Cleveland fans. Should of definitely been more discrete about it IMO.

That being said I absolutely don't think him signing with a new team is wrong in any way.

LeBron was thinking about an opportunity to raise free money for kids. He raised nearly 3 million USD for a charity of his choice. Yet not many people know that? Why should he give Cleveland anything? He saved their damn team and turned them into the biggest sports attraction in their history. You guys did nothing for him.. stop acting like he should've did it any other way. Ohio is just angry they lose money when LeBron isn't there.

ztilzer31
03-01-2013, 02:56 PM

Just read like your like 10 posts.... Gotta tell you totally not impressed lol.

You know you can just not click on Lebron threads...

ztilzer31
03-01-2013, 02:59 PM
LeBron was thinking about an opportunity to raise free money for kids. He raised nearly 3 million USD for a charity of his choice. Yet not many people know that? Why should he give Cleveland anything? He saved their damn team and turned them into the biggest sports attraction in their history. You guys did nothing for him.. stop acting like he should've did it any other way. Ohio is just angry they lose money when LeBron isn't there.

That's his hometown. Plus the fans there really loved him. He doesn't owe them anything, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't of been more tactful. The way he announced going to the Heat was stupid.

Like I said I have no problem with him changing teams, but people really loved him in Cleveland. It was going to hurt anyways, but LBJ just made it up. It's like breaking up with a girl after a 10 year relationship, and her showing up to a party with a new guy a week later.

Big Zo
03-01-2013, 03:00 PM

And i'll tell you to go visit a dentist, because you just lied straight through your teeth.

ztilzer31
03-01-2013, 03:00 PM

That's his hometown. Plus the fans there really loved him. He doesn't owe them anything, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't of been more tactful. The way he announced going to the Heat was stupid.

Like I said I have no problem with him changing teams, but people really loved him in Cleveland. It was going to hurt anyways, but LBJ just made it worse. It's like breaking up with a girl after a 10 year relationship, and her showing up to a party with a new guy a week later.

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 03:01 PM

Like I said I have no problem with him changing teams, but people really loved him in Cleveland. It was going to hurt anyways, but LBJ just made it up. It's like breaking up with a girl after a 10 year relationship, and her showing up to a party with a new guy a week later.

Who cares if it was his hometown? He didn't asked to be drafted by Cleveland. He was there and he stuck it out; professionally.

ztilzer31
03-01-2013, 03:01 PM
And i'll tell you to go visit a dentist, because you just lied straight theough your teeth.

:clap:

Just like all the Lakers fans giving Dwight ****. Didn't hear any complaining once he left the Magic. All of a sudden he was the greatest Center in the league again.

ztilzer31
03-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Who cares if it was his hometown? He didn't asked to be drafted by Cleveland. He was there and he stuck it out; professionally.

So. He still should of been respectful. The way he did it was mean. He didn't think it all the way through. I think it's nice that he apologized for it though.

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 03:09 PM
So. He still should of been respectful. The way he did it was mean. He didn't think it all the way through. I think it's nice that he apologized for it though.

Man, people just don't seem to get it. I love how no one said anything about him preparing for the Decision until he made the decision. Why didn't anyone say it was a bad idea for LeBron to publicly announce his decision before he made it? Here's why, because they hate him for not picking their damn team. If he chose NYK, the ridicule would've been the same. If he chose Cleveland, everyone would love the Decision.

ztilzer31
03-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Man, people just don't seem to get it. I love how no one said anything about him preparing for the Decision until he made the decision. Why didn't anyone say it was a bad idea for LeBron to publicly announce his decision before he made it? Here's why, because they hate him for not picking their damn team. If he chose NYK, the ridicule would've been the same. If he chose Cleveland, everyone would love the Decision.

Well yeah. That's because he wouldn't be leaving a team... The biggest reason people hated A-Rod in Seattle wasn't because of him leaving it was because he said he wanted to be remembered as a Texas Ranger for the rest of his career. People don't like being kicked when they're down.

Then look at Pujols. Totally leaves his team for one reason. Money. Yet when he leaves he says thank you, and all is well. Most St Louis fans I think would still have a lot of good things to say about Albert.

Are you telling me if Dwayne Wade went to Cleveland, and showed up on sportscenter dancing and **** you wouldn't be in the least bit upset? No part of you would say, man **** Dwayne Wade. I feel like if you put yourself in the fans position you might find it easier to understand.

Money_23
03-01-2013, 03:26 PM
if you dislike him as a person, that's on you. But if you disrespect his game, shame on you.

ManRam
03-01-2013, 03:46 PM
I voted "yes", but I never held most of that stupid/petty stuff against him.

The Decision was a mistake, and he knows it and has said so. Besides that, the stuff he gets bashed for was 99% garbage. He does a lot of the same things now, it's just we magically don't care because he won a ring.

BigSwede
03-01-2013, 03:47 PM

This is exactly the reason people outside cleveland hate him and it is petty. Get over it and appreciate his game.

natelpete
03-01-2013, 03:50 PM

I think I speak for most MN fans when I say that we don't agree with this guy. I also highly suspect he isn't telling the truth.

naps
03-01-2013, 03:51 PM
LeBron has done nothing wrong. No question of being forgiven whatsoever.

Wrigheyes4MVP
03-01-2013, 03:58 PM
It still irks me how Lebron, Wade, and Bosh formed a super team together.

I'm not saying Lebron did anything truly wrong, but I don't respect him as much as I used to for forming the super team and doing the whole decision thing.

I'll boo him if I want to.

It's not a big deal.

LA_Raiders
03-01-2013, 04:54 PM
We all know him. "Look at my stats" Not 1,2,3,4,5,6,7..." "I have a better life than yours" I guess he is alright...

SanAntonioSpurs23
03-01-2013, 04:58 PM
He's the best player in the league, but I still don't like him. Michael Jordan to me is and always will be on a higher level. I just don't see it with James.

cubbiefan_est88
03-01-2013, 07:17 PM

Just read like your like 10 posts.... Gotta tell you totally not impressed lol.

You know you can just not click on Lebron threads... or you could not be an idiot and post a new lebron thread. We have enough on him there is by far more going on in the nba especially much so that we dont need a thread about people getting over his espn special. Dont be dumb

JasonJohnHorn
03-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Yes, but I still don't like Miami and think their template for winning is bad for the league.

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 07:20 PM
If they formed it at Cleveland, do you think it would've been the same?

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 07:21 PM
Yes, but I still don't like Miami and think their template for winning is bad for the league.

Except it's been done for years. The only reason people hate it is because LeBron is the biggest NBA player and we all love to criticize and ridicule the best of the best.

ManRam
03-01-2013, 07:23 PM
It still irks me how Lebron, Wade, and Bosh formed a super team together.

Why wait for a front office to do something, and not take it into your own hands. He didn't have what the other stars in the league, and in history had, so he was proactive about it. He had every right to do it.

I don't get the hate with that. I mean, I get why I bothers people, but hating HIM for that...that's dumb. Especially if you call him a "coward" for it too.

Kobe, Shaq, TD, Wade etc. would be "cowards" too if they spent their first 7 years like Bron did. Hell, Shaq had it better and still left. Kobe almost left when things got bad. Duncan too.

Im_in_Mia_bish
03-01-2013, 07:27 PM
a lot of stupid comments from both sides.

every superstar has an ego, and neither of us know any superstar personally to have an opinion about any individual.

just let it go bro its sports, not tmz

:cool:

Sactown
03-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Nope still pissed he didn't choose the Kings