PDA

View Full Version : The NBA Draft

xRipCity
03-01-2013, 12:55 PM
I know it's a bit early but based on what I've seen and read so far it looks like the #1 pick will likely be either Ben McLemore, Marcus Smart, or Nerlens Noel.

To me, why is Victor Oladipo not in this consideration? He's the best player in college basketball, and from what I've seen, he looks like the second coming of Dwyane Wade.

He's the same age as McLemore, and has had more experience (McLemore is a redshirt freshman, Oladipo is a junior).

Noel is nothing but a huge risk at this point, with the ACL injury, and I doubt he even comes out anymore.

I played against Smart in high school so it's crazy to see that he has the possibility of being the #1 overall pick. Smart is a winner and leader and dominates defensively. But to me he's just not as well rounded as Oladipo.

If I was a team that needed a guard, I'd take Oladipo over McLemore or Smart at #1.

bucketss
03-01-2013, 01:06 PM
i played against wiggins so i know how you feel about that, amazing

celtNYpatsHeels
03-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Becasue the nba draft is about nba POTENTIAL... Noel McLemore Shabazz Porter Bennett are the elite "talents" projected at the next level weather its based on size, athleticism or whatever it may be. But Oladipo Burke Zeller are the next teir

FlakeyFool
03-01-2013, 01:08 PM
I played against wilt chamberlain

NYCkid12
03-01-2013, 01:13 PM
I am Wilt Chamberlin

RLundi
03-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Becasue the nba draft is about nba POTENTIAL... Noel McLemore Shabazz Porter Bennett are the elite "talents" projected at the next level weather its based on size, athleticism or whatever it may be. But Oladipo Burke Zeller are the next teir

I don't think anybody would call Shabazz elite anymore. He seems very one-dimensional: shooting. With this weak class, the only elite I see is McLemore, and perhaps Smart. Noel's offensive game is very weak but he has a chance to be a franchise-changing defensive presence.

Oladipo looks good, but I'm curious to see how his game translates to the pros.

MrfadeawayJB
03-01-2013, 01:20 PM
I like Carter-Williams 6'6 pg and Olynyk 7'0 C Nba potential.

ACanadian
03-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Did shabazz get a injury or something? I'd pick him if I had a first, if I had a 3-14 I would pick Noel

xRipCity
03-01-2013, 01:33 PM
I feel like the potential factor is over-evaluated. Skillset and basketball IQ should go first I believe

D12 fan
03-01-2013, 01:39 PM
My uncle played against MJ back in HighSchool, and he told me that MJ wasn't really that good in high school. He said he was just athletic and was a great dunker.

xRipCity
03-01-2013, 01:40 PM
My uncle played against MJ back in HighSchool, and he told me that MJ wasn't really that good in high school. He said he was just athletic and was a great dunker.

Jordan didn't make the team as a freshman. He peaked in college, much like what we've seen Oladipo do this year.

I DID NOT SAY OLADIPO = JORDAN.

garyraymond23
03-01-2013, 05:21 PM
The Thunder acquire the Raptors pick this year if it's anywhere between 4-14 correct?

Can you Imagine this future lineup ..

Westbrook
Lamb
Durant
Ibaka
Nerlens Noel

6th man - Perry Jones :clap: