PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather have, KD or Lebron?

Jimmer55
03-01-2013, 11:42 AM
IMO, Lebron ruined his chance of being in the GOAT discussion by forming a super team in his prime due to insecurity and lack of competitive nature. However, there's no denying Lebron is a great player and that's what makes me so sad. KD, on the other hand, will never jump ship due to fear and insecurity, IMO. KD has just as much talent as Lebron and he's a better competitor, IMO. Personally, I would take KD without blinking an eye.

bucketss
03-01-2013, 11:45 AM
tough choice, they're 1 and 2 in best wing players since jordan ( lebron durant wade monta ellis) i'll go with lebron.

JKiddFan4Life
03-01-2013, 11:47 AM
Yeah, that's definitely a tough choice. My choice comes down to who's more willing to stay with your franchise long-term. It's yet to be seen whether or not KD would leave OKC, but he seems pretty committed to staying there.

LakersIn5
03-01-2013, 11:47 AM
ill take fridette

Jimmer55
03-01-2013, 11:48 AM
ill take fridette

He'll be a great contributor in this league, he's already shooting 44% from 3.

godolphins
03-01-2013, 11:51 AM
I would take KD, mainly because he's only only 24. If they were both the same age, I would take LeBron in a heartbeat.

bucketss
03-01-2013, 11:52 AM
ill take fridette

scrub

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 11:52 AM
LeBron had to find help for himself since the Cavs organization were not interested in solidifying the team around LeBron. And before you say he formed his own super team, which NBA team wasn't a super team? Of course not as good as Bosh, Wade, and James - NBA had Celtics, Spurs, LAL as well. There was no way James could've beaten Rondo, Pierce, Garnett, Allen with his scrub of a team.

Jimmer55
03-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Yeah, that's definitely a tough choice. My choice comes down to who's more willing to stay with your franchise long-term. It's yet to be seen whether or not KD would leave OKC, but he seems pretty committed to staying there.

KD is not a coward.

Jimmer55
03-01-2013, 11:54 AM
LeBron had to find help for himself since the Cavs organization were not interested in solidifying the team around LeBron. And before you say he formed his own super team, which NBA team wasn't a super team? Of course not as good as Bosh, Wade, and James - NBA had Celtics, Spurs, LAL as well. There was no way James could've beaten Rondo, Pierce, Garnett, Allen with his scrub of a team.

Cleveland was absoutely interested in helping Lebron and they showed that by continually improving the squad. They would've landed a big name eventually but Lebron jumped ship.

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 11:54 AM
KD is not a coward.

Yeah he is. He doesn't want to talk bad about RSWB and would much rather him shoot them out of games.

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Cleveland was absoutely interested in helping Lebron and they showed that by continually improving the squad. They would've landed a big name eventually but Lebron jumped ship.

Eventually... Lmao! You mean they were going to offer Shaq a 20 million contract for 2 years? Oh, yeah, that would've been a championship team for sure!

Jimmer55
03-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Yeah he is. He doesn't want to talk bad about RSWB and would much rather him shoot them out of games.

RW is a key contributor and they need him in order to win a chip.

bucketss
03-01-2013, 11:57 AM
durant is the best scorer i have seen since jordan i'll give him that dude is scary

Jimmer55
03-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Eventually... Lmao! You mean they were going to offer Shaq a 20 million contract for 2 years? Oh, yeah, that would've been a championship team for sure!

You don't just snap your fingers and land a star player. It takes time. Ask MJ. Ask Kobe. Kobe demanded a trade but stayed, he only did it to make his point.

Chronz
03-01-2013, 11:59 AM

Nothing you said was true

Chronz
03-01-2013, 12:00 PM
You don't just snap your fingers and land a star player. It takes time. Ask MJ. Ask Kobe. Kobe demanded a trade but stayed, he only did it to make his point.
When you have home town products like Michael Redd refusing to go back home for the likes of Milwaukee, your likely not going to be a FA destination. Even Ray Allen stayed in Seattle rather than play for an "improving" Cleveland team.

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 12:01 PM

It took Cavs 7 years to finally decide they should get him help? Also with an owner who talks trash about his star player like a two-face? You really do hate LeBron; much more than Illuminist. Ask MJ? They got him Rodman the year after he returned and they lost. Ask Kobe? He played 2 or 3 years with a scrub roster and demanded to be traded... But you say only to make a point? If anyone else did it, aka Howard, they would've criticized that player like no tomorrow. Fact: Kobe has played with a great team for 13/16 of his career.

LongIslandIcedZ
03-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Lebron by a whole lot.

diu9leilomo
03-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Right now, of course lebron. Not even close. Dude is almost best at every category.
Put them 1v1, Lebron will crush Durant

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 12:11 PM
Right now, of course lebron. Not even close. Dude is almost best at every category.
Put them 1v1, Lebron will crush Durant

I don't think LJ will beat KD 1v1. KD is probably the best right now.

diu9leilomo
03-01-2013, 12:17 PM
I don't think LJ will beat KD 1v1. KD is probably the best right now.

Probably IF KD makes all shots, most likely Lebron will force him to shoot 3s every possession. Lebron will blow by him and dominate in the post using his quickness and strength

NYCkid12
03-01-2013, 12:19 PM
It's Lebron

To me it's not even as close as some people make it out to be...I think KD might be a better scorer (barely, if at all) but Lebron is the better defender, passer, and rebounder.

I think a lot of people just don't like Lebron for a number of reasons, one being the way he left cleveland, which clouds they're judgement of him...the fact is that he is he does have two all-stars with him but he makes them so much better

Also, last year that was Lebron's ring, he dominated the playoffs and for the most part Wade struggled..it was Lebron who lead and carried that team

JoeBlessU
03-01-2013, 12:21 PM
Probably IF KD makes all shots, most likely Lebron will force him to shoot 3s every possession. Lebron will blow by him and dominate in the post using his quickness and strength

On the surface Lebron is the easy answer, but KD is waaaaay less of a D bag than Lebron which should carry some weight.. I'll take KD just because he doesnt have a "chosen one tattoo" covering his back. You put a ball in a hole Lebron, you dont perform brain surgery.

Slug3
03-01-2013, 12:25 PM

How much more time do you need if 7 damn years was not enough?

NYCkid12
03-01-2013, 12:25 PM
On the surface Lebron is the easy answer, but KD is waaaaay less of a D bag than Lebron which should carry some weight.. I'll take KD just because he doesnt have a "chosen one tattoo" covering his back. You put a ball in a hole Lebron, you dont perform brain surgery.

I really think at this point that's the only reason you can choose KD...b/c I don't think KD does anything better than Lebron..only argument you can make is scoring but even that is a toss up...all other parts of their games , it's not close

NYCkid12
03-01-2013, 12:26 PM
How much more time do you need if 7 damn years was not enough?

This...Lebron never had a supporting casr worthy of a championship

AWC713
03-01-2013, 12:28 PM

LOL. they had seven years to make some sort of move. SEVEN. Lebron carried a team of scrubs.

Their best acquisitions were an out-of-shape Shaq and Wally Sczerbiak. Think about that. When Toronto was considering trading Bosh, CLE refused to give up J.J. Hickson.

I don't agree with the decision, but I dont hold anything against Lebron for leaving Cleveland. It's simply not a championship organization.

JoeBlessU
03-01-2013, 12:36 PM
LOL. they had seven years to make some sort of move. SEVEN. Lebron carried a team of scrubs.

Their best acquisitions were an out-of-shape Shaq and Wally Sczerbiak. Think about that. When Toronto was considering trading Bosh, CLE refused to give up J.J. Hickson.

I don't agree with the decision, but I dont hold anything against Lebron for leaving Cleveland. It's simply not a championship organization.

Thats why he will never be better than MJ IMO, he had to go find a team with 2 other all stars to win with, MJ carried the team that drafted him.

GREATNESS ONE
03-01-2013, 12:37 PM
From here on out? I'm taking KD.

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Hating a guy for tattoos.. What LeBron does for the community, he's probably the most caring player out there.

Money_23
03-01-2013, 12:40 PM
I'll take Lebron. Just about the same level of dominance as prime Shaq and MJ.

NYCkid12
03-01-2013, 12:43 PM
Thats why he will never be better than MJ IMO, he had to go find a team with 2 other all stars to win with, MJ carried the team that drafted him.

Would you look at Lebron any differently had Wade and Bosh gone to cleveland??

Also, Jordan had a much better supporting cast than Lebron EVER did in Cleveland...Scottie Pippen was name one of the 50 greatest players of all time

Now, I don't put Lebron over Jordan just pointing this stuff out

heyman321
03-01-2013, 12:45 PM

Kobe would have been gone had they not landed Pau Gasol. He wasn't faking it, he really wanted to leave.

JoeBlessU
03-01-2013, 12:46 PM
I dont hate him for his tattoo i hate him for his ego (which i realize all athletes have). I think Lebron honestly considers himself a god. I hate when he comes out and says hes underpaid, which could be argued but dont be the tool that brings it up (especially when u make 53 million in one year), its insulting to people who dont make that much but work harder at more important jobs (doctors maybe?)

Minimal
03-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Actually this poll is
Option 1: I'm a LeBron hater
Option 2: I'm a sensible person

benzni
03-01-2013, 12:48 PM
durant.

JoeBlessU
03-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Actually this poll is
Option 1: I'm a LeBron hater
Option 2: I'm a sensible person

or...
Option 3: Im a Lebron apologist because he chose to come to Miami

BHF
03-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Kevin James or LeBron Durant

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-01-2013, 12:53 PM
IMO, Lebron ruined his chance of being in the GOAT discussion by forming a super team in his prime due to insecurity and lack of competitive nature. However, there's no denying Lebron is a great player and that's what makes me so sad. KD, on the other hand, will never jump ship due to fear and insecurity, IMO. KD has just as much talent as Lebron and he's a better competitor, IMO. Personally, I would take KD without blinking an eye.

+1
I think KD takes the best player in the world spot next season.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-01-2013, 12:55 PM
From here on out? I'm taking KD.

^

NYCkid12
or...

You said yourself you would take Durant, only because you don't like Lebron

So, you basically aren't looking at who's the better player

Not to say Durant isn't a great player, but you provided nothing to say why you would choose Durant other than you don't like Lebron

SwatTeam
Give me Kobe Bryant. He likes white women and beating teams that white wash their line ups.

NYCkid12
03-01-2013, 12:58 PM
or...

And let's not act like Durant has scrubs around him...he has Westbrook, Ibaka, up until last year he had Harden and a nice cast around those guys

Just because they drafted those guys makes it different?? If Lebron had a cast like that in Cleveland he would of never left...why does Durant get a free pass for having talent around him and people use it as a fault for Lebron going to a team with talent??

mjm07
03-01-2013, 01:05 PM

Another troll LBJ bashing thread.

Tough choice...LBJ is better but I'll go KD only b/c he's younger, like someone else already mentioned.

72 Wins
03-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Right NOW? Tough call, but I give the edge to Lebron because he can do it @ both ends of the court.

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 01:18 PM
I dont hate him for his tattoo i hate him for his ego (which i realize all athletes have). I think Lebron honestly considers himself a god. I hate when he comes out and says hes underpaid, which could be argued but dont be the tool that brings it up (especially when u make 53 million in one year), its insulting to people who dont make that much but work harder at more important jobs (doctors maybe?)

You want him to feel bad and donate to the poor? He does do that. Man, just admit it.. The poor are always going to hate the rich and always get mad when the rich does something they don't agree with. He was asked if he was underpaid and he gave an honest answer. He's the most underpaid player in sports.

JLynn943
03-01-2013, 01:22 PM
It's easily LeBron imo. He's the more complete player.

mjm07
03-01-2013, 01:24 PM

He was asked, he didn't bring the topic up himself. Get your facts straight. BTW, He without a doubt is. He isn't even the highest paid player on his own team. That should tell you something about his "ego".

todu82
03-01-2013, 01:37 PM
Lebron

xRipCity
03-01-2013, 01:38 PM
LeBron makes the game easy for whatever team he's on... and can consistently lock down the other team's best player. Durant can score whenever he wants, but... LeBron scores relatively the same amount, averaging less shots and a higher field goal percentage (because he takes and creates easier shots).

The only thing here is age. Five years apart is a pretty big difference, but LeBron can do anything on the court and can seemingly triple double night in and night out if he wants, or go off for 40.

ztilzer31
03-01-2013, 01:41 PM

What does forming a super team have anything to do with how good you are?

Okay. You can take KD. I'll take Lebron, and actually win rings.

ztilzer31
03-01-2013, 01:42 PM
LeBron makes the game easy for whatever team he's on... and can consistently lock down the other team's best player. Durant can score whenever he wants, but... LeBron scores relatively the same amount, averaging less shots and a higher field goal percentage (because he takes and creates easier shots).

The only thing here is age. Five years apart is a pretty big difference, but LeBron can do anything on the court and can seemingly triple double night in and night out if he wants, or go off for 40.

^

The only argument you can have for Durant is his age. Besides that Lebron is a better player.

bucketss
03-01-2013, 01:42 PM
you know whats cool, ever since they started working out together lebron has become a great shooter and now durant has become better on defense and passing. amazing watching the two best wing players since jordan.

LakersIn5
03-01-2013, 01:50 PM

mj would not have allowed cleveland to draft him lol

lajoie
03-01-2013, 01:59 PM

I wouldn't call refusing to include JJ Hickson in a package to get Amare Stoudemire improving the club.

bucketss
03-01-2013, 02:02 PM
mj would not have allowed cleveland to draft him lol

johnson yes, but not jordan.

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 02:02 PM
LeBron at 20 averaged better stats then some of the top players in today's league will never average... 20 years old...

xRipCity
03-01-2013, 02:05 PM
LeBron at 20 averaged better stats then some of the top players in today's league will never average... 20 years old...

and the scary thing is that there is a big difference in the 20 year old LeBron and the LeBron today

mngopher35
03-01-2013, 02:06 PM
right now Lebron is the better player so I would take him. If i didn't have a championship caliber team at the moment then I would take durant because he has more years left in the tank.

xRipCity
03-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Bold prediction:

Twenty years from now, LeBron James will be considered the GOAT.

AIRMAR72
03-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Bold prediction:

Twenty years from now, LeBron James will be considered the GOAT. top 3 brah

xRipCity
03-01-2013, 02:12 PM
top 3 brah

Already top 3. I still think he's got at last 3-4 rings left in him.
Jordan was a more dominant player but no one was as well-rounded a player as LeBron. He makes any team by himself an NBA final threat (remember when Cleveland had NOBODY and they consistently had best record for a stretch and even made the finals one year?), something Jordan couldn't do till he got Pippen. Tell me... how many times has LeBron been put out in the first round of a playoffs? Jordan?

JC_
03-01-2013, 02:21 PM

Hey Jimmer, I think you've been giving too many rimmers and it has clouded your judgement.

JoeBlessU
03-01-2013, 02:33 PM
You want him to feel bad and donate to the poor? He does do that. Man, just admit it.. The poor are always going to hate the rich and always get mad when the rich does something they don't agree with. He was asked if he was underpaid and he gave an honest answer. He's the most underpaid player in sports.

Ha I love how you make it into a poor vs rich thing, it more has to do with a self indulgent d bag who thinks he's the "chosen one"? What was he chosen to do? put a ball in a hole? Nice.

Lebron is just a stupid human being..extremely gifted athletically but a total moron. The heat should pay someone to speak for him cuz his head is waaaay too far up his own *****.

My point, Id take KD just so I wouldnt have to listen to Lebron speak for my team.

pedrofan45
03-01-2013, 02:37 PM
I feel like the only reason people are taking KD is because they have a hate towards Lebron. And to the OP, I don't understand why making a stupid decision is going to keep him from being the GOAT. No matter how dumb it was it has nothing to do with what type of player he is.

Pistol_Pete
03-01-2013, 02:38 PM
The answer is LeBron. If you're taking Durant it's either because a) you don't like LeBron, or b) you like the fact that Durant is younger. Other than that, LeBron dominates.

There almost isn't even an argument. LeBron is far and away above everyone else. If they were both in the draft at the same time, you'd be happy if you ended up with Durant, but if you had the first pick, you'd pick LeBron. I personally like Durant, but LeBron is likely going down at the second best player of all time, and will likely be in the conversation for best.

JoeBlessU
03-01-2013, 02:41 PM
I feel like the only reason people are taking KD is because they have a hate towards Lebron. And to the OP, I don't understand why making a stupid decision is going to keep him from being the GOAT. No matter how dumb it was it has nothing to do with what type of player he is.

It has a lot to do with it, people dont want to root for someone who thinks their better than everyone because of their basketball skills. Doesnt he understand if people didnt like sports he would be an ordinary schmuck.

bucketss
03-01-2013, 02:47 PM
It has a lot to do with it, people dont want to root for someone who thinks their better than everyone because of their basketball skills. Doesnt he understand if people didnt like sports he would be an ordinary schmuck.

seems like you know a lot about lebron, you must be one of his childhood friends.

JoeBlessU
03-01-2013, 02:49 PM
seems like you know a lot about lebron, you must be one of his childhood friends.

Good one

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Ha I love how you make it into a poor vs rich thing, it more has to do with a self indulgent d bag who thinks he's the "chosen one"? What was he chosen to do? put a ball in a hole? Nice.

Lebron is just a stupid human being..extremely gifted athletically but a total moron. The heat should pay someone to speak for him cuz his head is waaaay too far up his own *****.

My point, Id take KD just so I wouldnt have to listen to Lebron speak for my team.

You clearly are a jealous individual who cannot accept the fact that athletes make an abundance of money. He didn't declare himself the Chosen One or The King. He was proclaimed those names by the media. He puts the ball in a hole? If it's that easy, why aren't you in the NBA? Not everyone can do it.

I also love how you call him a moron because he doesn't act the way you want him to. The only thing you can blame him for is the not 1, not 2, not 3, garbage. Other than that, you're just a hater.

We call MJ the greatest sports athlete ever. He's the GOAT. What's he good at? Putting the ball in the hoop. Love how when the name is LJ, people like you are waiting to hate.

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 02:52 PM

Which people are you talking about? LeBron and Kobe arguably have the biggest fanbase in NBA. He has the most twitter followers for any current player. Stop being a hater, you're not LeBron's agent.. He doesn't wake up thinking about making you happy.

JoeBlessU
03-01-2013, 02:55 PM
You clearly are a jealous individual who cannot accept the fact that athletes make an abundance of money. He didn't declare himself the Chosen One or The King. He was proclaimed those names by the media. He puts the ball in a hole? If it's that easy, why aren't you in the NBA? Not everyone can do it.

I also love how you call him a moron because he doesn't act the way you want him to. The only thing you can blame him for is the not 1, not 2, not 3, garbage. Other than that, you're just a hater.

We call MJ the greatest sports athlete ever. He's the GOAT. What's he good at? Putting the ball in the hoop. Love how when the name is LJ, people like you are waiting to hate.

Is it hate or is it honesty that you cant accept.. and yes he did declare that when he tattooed it across his back haha. Clearly you are a Lebron apologist.

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Is it hate or is it honesty that you cant accept.. and yes he did declare that when he tattooed it across his back haha. Clearly you are a Lebron apologist.

It doesn't matter what he did. The media proclaimed it first and that's what he did... It's funny that your top reason for hating on him is because of his tattoos. How about the money he donates? How about the charities he works with? How about the millions he raised for them? Let's not forget he still holds free biking events in Cleveland... the imbeciles who burned his jersey.

bucketss
03-01-2013, 02:59 PM
It doesn't matter what he did. The media proclaimed it first and that's what he did... It's funny that your top reason for hating on him is because of his tattoos. How about the money he donates? How about the charities he works with? How about the millions he raised for them? Let's not forget he still holds free biking events in Cleveland... the imbeciles who burned his jersey.

i wouldn't waste my time with him, he sees the game of basketball with a female mind. which means emotions before logic.

JoeBlessU
03-01-2013, 03:00 PM

He does that stuff because he tarnished his own image and needs to make up for it (oh and he made 53 million dollars last year to play basketball)... If he was working at mcdonalds do you think he would be donating to charity? Haha and good thing he holds free biking events haha what a guy

natelpete
03-01-2013, 03:00 PM

If people didn't like sports I'm guessing he wouldn't have dedicated his entire life to them. He has a good work ethic, I'm sure he would be good at something else. What are you good at?

Mr_Amaziing
03-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Kevin Durant

JoeBlessU
03-01-2013, 03:05 PM
If people didn't like sports I'm guessing he wouldn't have dedicated his entire life to them. He has a good work ethic, I'm sure he would be good at something else. What are you good at?

Biochemistry

OceanSpray
He does that stuff because he tarnished his own image and needs to make up for it (oh and he made 53 million dollars last year to play basketball)... If he was working at mcdonalds do you think he would be donating to charity? Haha and good thing he holds free biking events haha what a guy

So basically you want communism. If you're rich and made it big, you have the right to do what you want with your money. He doesn't have to give anyone anything. LeBron came from government housing and has made it to the top of the top. You act like he was born rich. And yes... 53 million to play basketball is a lot. But let me ask you, can you do what LeBron does? Companies like NIKE and his endorsements make much more off LeBron. He's underpaid in terms of basketball because his ability to play basketball and sell merchandise outweighs his salary. If you were rich, would you donate all your money?

b@llhog24
I'd only take KD if Cp3 was on my team other than that, give me Bron.

b@llhog24
03-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Yea LeBron at the age of 20 would statistically be a top 7 player this year,

NYCkid12
03-01-2013, 03:19 PM

OK so first KD was better because he went to Miami to team up with 2 all stars...

So why didn't you address the fact that KD has just as much talent around him??

And I don't even know why you are debating in this thread bc you already stated that your taking Durant purely because you dislike Lebron..so for you it's a matter of a viewpoint on the person you think he is and nothing based on skill..you would probably take most all-stars before lebron b/c you dislike him

But for most people, especially those who would want their team to win, they'll take the best player in the world by far....LBJ

BKLYNpigeon
03-01-2013, 03:24 PM
ill take the better player. Lebron James.

KnickaBocka.44
03-01-2013, 03:30 PM
So basically you want communism. If you're rich and made it big, you have the right to do what you want with your money. He doesn't have to give anyone anything. LeBron came from government housing and has made it to the top of the top. You act like he was born rich. And yes... 53 million to play basketball is a lot. But let me ask you, can you do what LeBron does? Companies like NIKE and his endorsements make much more off LeBron. He's underpaid in terms of basketball because his ability to play basketball and sell merchandise outweighs his salary. If you were rich, would you donate all your money?

You wouldn't be rich if you donated all your money. Lebron is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, he is expected to give to charity. Even if he gave 20 million dollars to charity every year, he would still only be giving away about half of his endorsement money and none of the money he makes from the Heat. Don't make it sound like he is doing something amazing when it is really just pocket change he throws out there.

JoeBlessU
03-01-2013, 03:32 PM
i understand everyone in these threads loving s'ing lebrons d but i just cant do it sorry.. the guy has one title. Hes a special basketball player im not refuting that, but thats the one quality he has

b@llhog24
03-01-2013, 03:34 PM
You wouldn't be rich if you donated all your money. Lebron is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, he is expected to give to charity. Even if he gave 20 million dollars to charity every year, he would still only be giving away about half of his endorsement money and none of the money he makes from the Heat. Don't make it sound like he is doing something amazing when it is really just pocket change he throws out there.

So you should just give away 20 million, because you're expected to?

NYCkid12
03-01-2013, 03:35 PM
i understand everyone in these threads loving s'ing lebrons d but i just cant do it sorry.. the guy has one title. Hes a special basketball player im not refuting that, but thats the one quality he has

We get it, you dont like him...other than that you've said nothing about how KD is a better player...your overall point is that you don't like the person you think he is (I say think because you don't actually know him, so you don't know if your perception of him is true/false)

You are choosing the person you'd rather cheer for and not the better player

NYCkid12
03-01-2013, 03:37 PM

And no matter the amount of money he donates/ raises it will never be enough... People who don't like him will see no right in what he does

pacofunk64
03-01-2013, 03:42 PM
LBJ and it's honestly not even close.

naps
03-01-2013, 03:43 PM

How do you know this? What's the lotto number?

LeBron will be the #2 player of all time barring injury. Don't feel sad when you pass your teenage period because it'll be too late to enjoy him when you become a 20 year old.

ManRam
03-01-2013, 03:44 PM

Imagine if LeBron wasn't so good that Cleveland could benefit from having a top 3 pick after his first year, and a top 3 pick after his second year! Maybe he would have had half the team KD currently does in Cleveland.

Quit acting like every player has the same circumstances.

I don't care about insecurity. I don't care about leaving a team. I don't care of a "lack of competitive nature" (which is a joke and you know it). I care about on-the-court contributions, and no one in the last 10-15 years has contributed on the court like he has. So gimme him.

JoeBlessU
03-01-2013, 03:44 PM
We get it, you dont like him...other than that you've said nothing about how KD is a better player...your overall point is that you don't like the person you think he is (I say think because you don't actually know him, so you don't know if your perception of him is true/false)

You are choosing the person you'd rather cheer for and not the better player

Well KD does have more scoring titles and as many finals appearances as Lebron did at the same age..so its not as far off as people think..
The other wild card I havent thrown in is the ratio of Fouls called against/fouls called for.. Lebrons got that going for him considering hes allowed to pick up the ball and run across court with it and if anyone even breathes on him hes going to the line.

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 03:46 PM

You make no sense. Would you donate all your money if you WERE rich? Why should he donate his hard earned money? If you want a communist country, go somewhere else. Anywhere else, if you earned it, it's rightfully yours. There's not one damn leisure that states rich people have to donate anything. I don't care if it's 1 million or 200 million, if you have the decency to donate something, it's more than thoughtful.

bucketss
03-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Well KD does have more scoring titles and as many finals appearances as Lebron did at the same age..so its not as far off as people think..
The other wild card I havent thrown in is the ratio of Fouls called against/fouls called for.. Lebrons got that going for him considering hes allowed to pick up the ball and run across court with it and if anyone even breathes on him hes going to the line.

you should of just did this, your other comments sound like a female on her rag.

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 03:48 PM

Scoring titles... Yeah, that means so much these days. He has as many finals appearances as LeBron did because he has a team to work with. RSWB, Harden, and Ibaka vs Zydrunas, Mo Williams, and Drew Gooden.
KD has also averaged more FT's per game than James has for his career..

BigSwede
03-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Lebron and its not even close.

NYCkid12
03-01-2013, 03:53 PM

It is pretty far off....scoring is the one place where it's somewhat even, although Lebron is the more efficient scorer

And here's the part about the NBA Finals that makes the 2 far off...KD's team was so much better than Lebron's team in the finals....take a look

2012 OKC
PG Westbrook
SG Sefolosha
SF Durant
PF Ibaka
C Perkins
6 Harden

2007 Cavs
PG Gibson
SG Pavlovic
SF James
PF Gooden
C Ilgaulskus
6 Damon Jones/ Varejo
6 Damon Jones/ Varejo

Now you tell me which team is harder to bring to the finals???? That 07 Cavs team is pathetic!!!

JoeBlessU
03-01-2013, 03:54 PM
I just hope he chokes another playoff series that is fun to watch, hes the peyton manning of the NBA. Awesome regular season player, choke job in the playoffs. And dont come back with "he was finals MVP" he did it once (just like Dirk). 1/8 is not a good % for a man who self claims to be god

naps
03-01-2013, 03:57 PM
This OP also thinks Kobe is the MVP right now. That explains why he's so bitter of LeBron.

NYCkid12
03-01-2013, 03:57 PM
I just hope he chokes another playoff series that is fun to watch, hes the peyton manning of the NBA. Awesome regular season player, choke job in the playoffs. And dont come back with "he was finals MVP" he did it once (just like Dirk). 1/8 is not a good % for a man who self claims to be god

Man you really hate this guy LOL ...it clouds your judgement big time

bucketss
03-01-2013, 03:59 PM

and he only choked once whats your point? i bet you didn't know lebron is 3rd all time in playoff ppg. i think you should just stick to baseball.

Big Zo
03-01-2013, 04:01 PM
I'll take Jimmer55 over both of them. He's such a badass.

JoeBlessU
03-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Man you really hate this guy LOL ...it clouds your judgement big time

Yaaaa sorry guys dont back a player just cuz hes physically gifted... I like when players are greatful and humble even if they are the best. Not arrogant and self proclaiming. In actuallity i dont care that much i just like pissing off Lebron apologists, which seems to be working.

Wrigheyes4MVP
03-01-2013, 04:02 PM
Who is the better player? Lebron

Who would I rather have on my team? Durant

NYCkid12
03-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Yaaaa sorry guys dont back a player just cuz hes physically gifted... I like when players are greatful and humble even if they are the best. Not arrogant and self proclaiming. In actuallity i dont care that much i just like pissing off Lebron apologists, which seems to be working.

Most people in this thread never mentioned him as a person.....just as a basketball player...probably because no one in here knows him

bucketss
03-01-2013, 04:07 PM

sure you don't, my advice to you focus on their games this isn't tmz or gossip girls, now run along and get your nails did shawty.

bucketss
03-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Most people in this thread never mentioned him as a person.....just as a basketball player...probably because no one in here knows him

like i said. that guy views basketball with a female mind thats why guys like lebron turn him from a grown man into a 15 year old school girl.

mjm07
03-01-2013, 04:17 PM
sure you don't, my advice to you focus on their games this isn't tmz or gossip girls, now run along and get your nails did shawty.

:laugh::laugh:

JoeBlessU
03-01-2013, 04:22 PM
You need something new to say Bucketss, Im not offended by some r **** who can say "nails did" and "shawty", obviously college wasnt in your past..

TylerSL
03-01-2013, 04:24 PM
dude even the Thunder would rather have Lebron...

Lo Porto
03-01-2013, 04:34 PM
This isn't even a competition. LeBron beat Durant last Finals with the inferior team. Wade vs Westbrook cancelled out. Ibaka/Perkins vs injured Bosh cancelled out. So you had Harden and company versus Mike Miller and company for depth.

Who ended up winning the Finals?

Redskins10
03-01-2013, 04:38 PM
tough choice, they're 1 and 2 in best wing players since jordan ( lebron durant wade monta ellis) i'll go with lebron.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

KnickaBocka.44
03-01-2013, 04:41 PM

No, but this guy over here is tryin to make him seem like he is Mother Theresa when in reality he is not really making a huge sacrifice by donating what he does. I was just using the 20 million dollar figure to illustrate how much money he makes and how whatever he gives doesn't have an affect on him.

JoeBlessU
03-01-2013, 04:41 PM
This isn't even a competition. LeBron beat Durant last Finals with the inferior team. Wade vs Westbrook cancelled out. Ibaka/Perkins vs injured Bosh cancelled out. So you had Harden and company versus Mike Miller and company for depth.

Who ended up winning the Finals?

So Tim Duncan and the Spurs swept Lebron, does that make duncan better? Atleast the thunder got a win in that series... oh and dont forget Dirk, he beat them too, he must be better.

NYCkid12
03-01-2013, 04:44 PM
So Tim Duncan and the Spurs swept Lebron, does that make duncan better? Atleast the thunder got a win in that series... oh and dont forget Dirk, he beat them too, he must be better.

I'm very unclear about what your saying on this topic...so do you actually think Durant is better? Or do you think LBJ is better but you just don't like him?

JoeBlessU
03-01-2013, 04:49 PM
I think Durant WILL be better at the end of their careers, today Lebrons the easy choice if you dont mind the fact that you have to listen to him speak if hes on your team, I personally cant take how dumb he is but i guess other people dont mind.

houstonfan
03-01-2013, 04:49 PM

MJ DID IT ALL BY HIMSELF, HE NEVER HAD ANY HELP!!!!!!!! Ok. If Lebron wins 3-4 more championships he will certainly have a chance to be considered the greatest ever. Also, what makes you think Durant won't leave? Do you know him well? If OKC doesnt win a championship by the end of his contract, you have no clue what he will do.

KnickaBocka.44
03-01-2013, 04:51 PM
You make no sense. Would you donate all your money if you WERE rich? Why should he donate his hard earned money? If you want a communist country, go somewhere else. Anywhere else, if you earned it, it's rightfully yours. There's not one damn leisure that states rich people have to donate anything. I don't care if it's 1 million or 200 million, if you have the decency to donate something, it's more than thoughtful.

I'm not sure what your fascination with communism is but I can assure you that no one else here is talking about it. We aren't talking about redistribution of wealth or any of that, we are talking about charitable donations.

Would I donate all my money? No, because then I wouldn't be rich, that's my point: no one donates all their money. But wealthy people who realize how fortunate they are make large contributions to these charities because they know they don't need all the money they have. You try and make Lebron look like he is bending over backwards to be a humanitarian and thats just not the case.

NYCkid12
03-01-2013, 04:56 PM
I think Durant WILL be better at the end of their careers, today Lebrons the easy choice if you dont mind the fact that you have to listen to him speak if hes on your team, I personally cant take how dumb he is but i guess other people dont mind.

I don't get the point of how dumb he is? If your referring to him stating he is the best, wouldn't that mke him arrgoant? I've heard Lebron speak a number of times and he never came off as a really dumb person

NYCkid12
03-01-2013, 04:59 PM
I'm not sure what your fascination with communism is but I can assure you that no one else here is talking about it. We aren't talking about redistribution of wealth or any of that, we are talking about charitable donations.

Would I donate all my money? No, because then I wouldn't be rich, that's my point: no one donates all their money. But wealthy people who realize how fortunate they are make large contributions to these charities because they know they don't need all the money they have. You try and make Lebron look like he is bending over backwards to be a humanitarian and thats just not the case.

I do agree it's probably not the case, but in the end who cares? The fact is he does donate a lot of money and it is beneficial to those charities..so whether he genuinly cares or not ( probably not) he is still a productive part of those charities

garyraymond23
03-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Are we talking in terms of a single season or career wise?

If we're talking this season it's Lebron, easily and it's not even close.

If we're talking career wise from this point on I may consider KD only because of his age.

SOS
03-01-2013, 05:10 PM

What

garyraymond23
03-01-2013, 05:22 PM
What

Monta Ellis is a top 4 wing player now apparently.

Hawkeye15
03-01-2013, 05:25 PM
If our view is over the next 5 years, LeBron, easily. If its for the next 10 years, I probably lean Durant. Either way, there is no debating who the best player on the planet is right now, last year, and for the next few years in all likelihood.

bucketss
03-01-2013, 05:29 PM
What

may bad meant kobe how the hell did i get their names mixed, lol

dnl123
03-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Why do so many people discount Lebron for going to Miami, I don't get it. Not everyone is drafted to a team that has a GM that makes great moves like OKC. KD was very lucky to be placed in an ideal situation. Either way Lebron is dominating the NBA right now and anybody who says otherwise is biased against him. KD will have his days as the best player in the NBA, but it won't be for at least 3 or 4 more years.

garyraymond23
03-01-2013, 05:37 PM
If our view is over the next 5 years, LeBron, easily. If its for the next 10 years, I probably lean Durant. Either way, there is no debating who the best player on the planet is right now, last year, and for the next few years in all likelihood.

That was my exact thinking as well.

OceanSpray
03-01-2013, 07:15 PM

Actually, don't join a topic and quote someone when you don't know what the discussion is about. Someone here was complaining about LeBron making too much money and not giving enough. That's communist thinking.
You said he is "expected" to donate. Where does it state that? You just assume rich people have to donate because they don't need all that money. For one, I never said LeBron is trying to be a humanitarian. I'm just saying he's given more than enough. Like I said before, if this is why anyone would choose Durant over LeBron, than clearly that will explain why they think Kobe is the best; plain retardation.

pedrofan45
03-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Actually, don't join a topic and quote someone when you don't know what the discussion is about. Someone here was complaining about LeBron making too much money and not giving enough. That's communist thinking.
You said he is "expected" to donate. Where does it state that? You just assume rich people have to donate because they don't need all that money. For one, I never said LeBron is trying to be a humanitarian. I'm just saying he's given more than enough. Like I said before, if this is why anyone would choose Durant over LeBron, than clearly that will explain why they think Kobe is the best; plain retardation.

I like this post.

Hawkeye15
03-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Why do so many people discount Lebron for going to Miami, I don't get it. Not everyone is drafted to a team that has a GM that makes great moves like OKC. KD was very lucky to be placed in an ideal situation. Either way Lebron is dominating the NBA right now and anybody who says otherwise is biased against him. KD will have his days as the best player in the NBA, but it won't be for at least 3 or 4 more years.

LeBron leaving Cleveland to get his help is all LeBron haters have to rely on now. Everything else has been stripped away, and its their lone crutch.

b@llhog24
03-01-2013, 09:25 PM
No, but this guy over here is tryin to make him seem like he is Mother Theresa when in reality he is not really making a huge sacrifice by donating what he does. I was just using the 20 million dollar figure to illustrate how much money he makes and how whatever he gives doesn't have an affect on him.

The man has aspirations (being the first billionaire basketball player) and should be allowed to pursue those aspirations. Relative to wealth 1 million dollars isn't a lot to him. But it doesn't change the fact that it could do a lot for whatever charity he choose to donate to.

More-Than-Most
03-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Silly question Even with Durant younger....There is A huge gap between Durant and James... Give me James.

More-Than-Most
03-01-2013, 09:46 PM

I do not even think it is close really. People assume I love James but really I want the Heat to fail just for the Lol.... That being said James is that great

Yumboldt
03-01-2013, 09:55 PM

Check your user name

Hawkeye15
03-01-2013, 09:59 PM
I do not even think it is close really. People assume I love James but really I want the Heat to fail just for the Lol.... That being said James is that great

It only becomes a tough decision if you include in the question, "over the next 10 years", otherwise you are exactly right. Its a complete no brainer right now. Its been 20 years since we had a player where everyone and their mother spouted out his name immediately after being asked who the best player in the NBA is.

Forever35
03-02-2013, 08:38 PM
:facepalm: eeeeneee meeeeneeee miiiiineeee mooooo.....

JordansBulls
03-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Would you look at Lebron any differently had Wade and Bosh gone to cleveland??

Also, Jordan had a much better supporting cast than Lebron EVER did in Cleveland...Scottie Pippen was name one of the 50 greatest players of all time

Now, I don't put Lebron over Jordan just pointing this stuff out

Pippen became a top 50 player all time, MJ never got a top 50 all time version of Pippen. That is something he became over time. There is a difference between the two. Not like he got a superstar version of Pippen from the get go or something or some proven player. He got a work in progress guy that he helped mold into a star.

OceanSpray
03-03-2013, 01:17 PM
I love how people say Pippen was a product of MJ.. Pippen was a great player in college as well. "Product" lmao..

DR_1
03-03-2013, 03:32 PM
It only becomes a tough decision if you include in the question, "over the next 10 years", otherwise you are exactly right. Its a complete no brainer right now. Its been 20 years since we had a player where everyone and their mother spouted out his name immediately after being asked who the best player in the NBA is.

:facepalm: So you're saying Lebron is better than Jordan :facepalm:

JasonJohnHorn
03-03-2013, 06:38 PM
If Durant has just as good a team and is better than LBJ, then why didn't the Thunder win last year?

As for leaving to make a super team, if LBJ had Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden on his team, I doubt he would have left for Miami.

Hawkeye15
03-03-2013, 06:40 PM
:facepalm: So you're saying Lebron is better than Jordan :facepalm:

do the timeline dude, I was referring to Jordan. I am saying, LeBron is the first I have seen since Jordan that made it very clear who the top player in the game was/is.

Celticsfan2007
03-03-2013, 06:41 PM
If I'm a GM I'd take Durant because his outside shooting is a tiny bit better. But the case is very strong for LeBron, he litterally does everything for his team..

utl768
03-03-2013, 06:43 PM
lebron for sure

durant is an elite scorer but lebron is so much more polished as a player

FraziersKnicks
03-03-2013, 06:44 PM
LeBron without a shadow of doubt