PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum has degenerative knee condition "Speculation"

Dade County
03-01-2013, 02:00 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=235017

If this is true, who still offers Bynum the big bucks?

Edit*

More info on Bynum

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9003370/andrew-bynum-philadelphia-76ers-suffers-another-setback-practicing

Bynum experienced swelling and discomfort in his right knee after the practice, he told reporters in Philadelphia on Friday. Bynum had believed for months that rest and rehab on bone bruises in both knees would allow him to play this season. Just 10 days ago he declared he'd "definitely be back sometime" this season.

"It's getting late. I don't know [about playing this season]," Bynum said. "I don't want to play in pain. ... I'm 25, it's my life."

Update:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=235563

The 76ers and center Andrew Bynum are considering arthroscopic surgery on the player's right knee in order to clean out loose cartilage, a procedure that could likely end the season for the center they traded so many young assets to acquire, according to sources with knowledge of the situation

Following practice at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine on Friday, Bynum acknowledged that his season might in fact be over.

"Now it's getting a little late, so I really don't know," Bynum said when asked if he were considering sitting out the final two months of the 76ers season. "I played in one scrimmage and [I have] a four- to five-day setback," Bynum said. He added that he is "just getting treatment and trying to push the fluid out" of his knee.

when is it going to end...smh

Sactown
03-01-2013, 02:05 AM
Source is Skip Bayless /Thread.

Stunner
03-01-2013, 02:06 AM
Welp Brandon Roy of all Centers

LeperMessiah
03-01-2013, 02:34 AM
Oden'd.

D12 fan
03-01-2013, 02:54 AM
Damn Philly fans got ripped off on that Iggy trade, they also lost a good young center Vujevic.

Hawkeye15
03-01-2013, 03:03 AM
Bynum will have to prove his does not have a degenerative knee condition to get a long term deal. This will be figured out in a couple of months.

KniCks4LiFe
03-01-2013, 03:57 AM
damn...damaged goods.

bholly
03-01-2013, 04:06 AM
Damn Philly fans got ripped off on that Iggy trade, they also lost a good young center Vujevic.

Obviously a huge fan.

Dade County
03-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Will their be negative feelings amongst must 76ers fans if Bynum doesn't resign with them ( will their be hate thrown his way )?... I am trying to compare this in a way to if Howard doesn't resign with L.A.

I believe no fan should throw hate their way.... Their free agents after all.

JNoel
03-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Bynum is trolling.

still1ballin
03-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Lakers win!

garyraymond23
03-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Shocking development

t0nyg11
03-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Will their be negative feelings amongst must 76ers fans if Bynum doesn't resign with them ( will their be hate thrown his way )?... I am trying to compare this in a way to if Howard doesn't resign with L.A.

I believe no fan should throw hate their way.... Their free agents after all.

I'm throwing hate your way for not knowing the difference between "their," "they're," and "there"

Dade County
03-01-2013, 10:32 PM
I'm throwing hate your way for not knowing the difference between "their," "they're," and "there"

Your not hating just informing... but have to take into the equation, that going onto a forum is just like texting most of the time, so you shouldn't be shock when it comes to misspelled words, grammar...etc

garyraymond23
03-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Your not hating just informing... but have to take into the equation, that going onto a forum is just like texting most of the time, so you shouldn't be shock when it comes to mispeeled words, gramer...etc

You're, misspelled. :p

king4day
03-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Did LA ever offer him an extension? If so and he turned it down, it's time for him to start regretting it.

Dade County
03-01-2013, 10:39 PM
You're, misspelled. :p

I don't know what happened lol

misspelled

DallasTrilla23
03-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Hopefully this isn't true, but If this is, Phily got off easy. Sure they lost Iggy but its not like Iggy was gonna take them any further than where they got to last year.

I think phily fans would agree that Losing Iggy was worth taking a chance on the 2nd Best Center of the League.

SoFreshNsoClean
03-01-2013, 10:43 PM
was @ pepsi center last yeear when they played denver in the playoffs. Bynum spent a ton of time warming up before the game with a huge knee brace on that had all kinds of bells and whistles (different brace then in game). He was practicing post moves but needed help occasionaly from his trainer adjusting his knee thing. He also had a slight limp. No where near 100% even last year and most likely played through huge pain.

philly fans got damaged goods no doubt...

garyraymond23
03-01-2013, 10:44 PM
I don't know what happened lol

misspelled

haha I just found it quite humorous that you made a grammatical error when talking about grammar, wasn't sure if you did that on purpose or not.

Alayla
03-02-2013, 04:11 AM
Yes he does and this isnt news in fact im not sure how people didn't know this months ago

Raidaz4Life
03-02-2013, 12:28 PM
ha oddly enough its starting to look like Orlando won this trade.

heyman321
03-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Who would have thought the Magic got the best out of that Dwight Howard deal? Lmao

Dade County
03-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Update:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=235563

The 76ers and center Andrew Bynum are considering arthroscopic surgery on the player's right knee in order to clean out loose cartilage, a procedure that could likely end the season for the center they traded so many young assets to acquire, according to sources with knowledge of the situation

Following practice at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine on Friday, Bynum acknowledged that his season might in fact be over.

"Now it's getting a little late, so I really don't know," Bynum said when asked if he were considering sitting out the final two months of the 76ers season. "I played in one scrimmage and [I have] a four- to five-day setback," Bynum said. He added that he is "just getting treatment and trying to push the fluid out" of his knee.

when is it going to end...smh