PDA

View Full Version : Is Dennis Rodman In Line For the Nobel Peace Prize?

JasonJohnHorn
02-28-2013, 08:16 PM
We've all heard news that Dennis Rodman is visiting North Korea, but Yahoo is reporting that he was hanging out with the nation's leader Kim Jong-un: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/heres-evidence-kim-jong-un-dennis-rodmans-bromance-183308130.html

A nation already infamous for their gulags, and their recent nuclear activity that flies in the face of UN sanctions, many are worried about what trouble this nation could bring to the world stage. Any number of influential leaders could have traveled to that nation to build bridges, Nelson Mandela, Obama, Clinton (either Mr. or Mrs.), Kofi Annan, Jimmy Carter, or even the Dali Lama. Instead we've sent Dennis Rodman, and he seems to be breaking the ice quite well with the young leader. My guess is by the time Rodman leaves the country the world will be able to rest assured that no nuclear wars will be starting any time soon.

Do you think Rodman could come away from this trip the recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize?

Fly
02-28-2013, 08:20 PM

ummmm

king4day
02-28-2013, 08:23 PM
We've all heard news that Dennis Rodman is visiting North Korea, but Yahoo is reporting that he was hanging out with the nation's leader Kim Jong-un: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/heres-evidence-kim-jong-un-dennis-rodmans-bromance-183308130.html

A nation already infamous for their gulags, and their recent nuclear activity that flies in the face of UN sanctions, many are worried about what trouble this nation could bring to the world stage. Any number of influential leaders could have traveled to that nation to build bridges, Nelson Mandela, Obama, Clinton (either Mr. or Mrs.), Kofi Annan, Jimmy Carter, or even the Dali Lama. Instead we've sent Dennis Rodman, and he seems to be breaking the ice quite well with the young leader. My guess is by the time Rodman leaves the country the world will be able to rest assured that no nuclear wars will be starting any time soon.

Do you think Rodman could come away from this trip the recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize?

I put no, but if this part were to happen, then he'd most certainly get it.
I don't think anything significant comes of this.
Isn't North Korea the country that said someone finished an 18 hole golf course with a score of '18'? And also that they found and/or slayed unicorns or something.

SMH!
02-28-2013, 08:30 PM
hahahahaha holy ****.. But like Ive said before, can a mod please stop JasonJohnHorns from making threads?

ThunderousDemon
02-28-2013, 08:32 PM
This thread is so stupid and pointless.

Freakazoid
02-28-2013, 08:33 PM

It's just a strategic move by Kim to show his citizens how crazy the West is. Nothing to see here.

ztilzer31
02-28-2013, 08:34 PM
hahahahaha holy ****.. But like Ive said before, can a mod please stop JasonJohnHorns from making threads?

This ^

LET THE TROLLING BEGINNNNN!!!

tredigs
02-28-2013, 08:36 PM

The NBA Forum World would be a better place.

ThunderousDemon
02-28-2013, 08:38 PM
If he would have killed him.

JasonJohnHorn
02-28-2013, 08:41 PM

It's "Horn" not "Horns". I don't even think there is a JasonJohnHorns in the forum!

And if you really want me to stop making thread I will, so long as you post a poll on the matter and the majority of people wish me to stop, but if you do make such a poll, please be sure to add an option that would at least allow me to continue my "Line of the night" series.

tredigs
02-28-2013, 08:57 PM
It's "Horn" not "Horns". I don't even think there is a JasonJohnHorns in the forum!

And if you really want me to stop making thread I will, so long as you post a poll on the matter and the majority of people wish me to stop, but if you do make such a poll, please be sure to add an option that would at least allow me to continue my "Line of the night" series.

I think the sentiment is, just show some discretion. You're more than capable.

JasonJohnHorn
02-28-2013, 09:11 PM
I think the sentiment is, just show some discretion. You're more than capable.

It's not like I make five threads a day. I made two threads today. And not every thread is going to win "Thread of the Year". Rodman made the front of Yahoo news today and is rubbing shoulders with a world leader that not even the President or Hilary Clinton, the Secretary of State has met. I mean, it's her job to go overseas and meet foreign leaders and not even she has been able to pull this off yet. This is news worthy. Did I use a humourous tone? Yes. I don't think there is a rule against having a sense of humour on PSD yet.

Saddletramp
02-28-2013, 09:15 PM
Except it's not Clinton anymore, it's John Kerry.

Devster3
02-28-2013, 09:19 PM
Its a forum. Everyone has the right to post anything they want. If you reply it only makes the thread more valid.

Still its an interesting thought.
and hopefully peace will come

Atticus Finch
02-28-2013, 09:22 PM
I put no, but if this part were to happen, then he'd most certainly get it.
I don't think anything significant comes of this.
Isn't North Korea the country that said someone finished an 18 hole golf course with a score of '18'? And also that they found and/or slayed unicorns or something.

It wasn't just someone, it was Kim Jong-Il himself. According to him and 17 of his body guards he shot a 34 on an 18 hole course, totaling anywhere from 5 to 11 hole-in-ones...on his first attempt at golfing ever. He also claimed he was communicating with the head soccer coach of N. Korea's women's soccer team during the 2010 world cup through an invisible cell phone that he invented himself.

ztilzer31
02-28-2013, 09:24 PM
It's not like I make five threads a day. I made two threads today. And not every thread is going to win "Thread of the Year". Rodman made the front of Yahoo news today and is rubbing shoulders with a world leader that not even the President or Hilary Clinton, the Secretary of State has met. I mean, it's her job to go overseas and meet foreign leaders and not even she has been able to pull this off yet. This is news worthy. Did I use a humourous tone? Yes. I don't think there is a rule against having a sense of humour on PSD yet.

Your thread is a ridiculous hypothetical that has little to no basis in fact. It's just irrelevant. It really doesn't have to do anything with basketball anyways. If we start hearing things like "North Korea gets rid of Weapons Program" in the news. Then it still wouldn't be relevant unless there was some sort of evidence that linked Rodman to this happening.

JasonJohnHorn
02-28-2013, 09:26 PM
It wasn't just someone, it was Kim Jong-Il himself. According to him and 17 of his body guards he shot a 34 on an 18 hole course, totaling anywhere from 5 to 11 hole-in-ones...on his first attempt at golfing ever. He also claimed he was communicating with the head soccer coach of N. Korea's women's soccer team during the 2010 world cup through an invisible cell phone that he invented himself.

That's truly amazing. 5 hole-in-ones on his first time out? WOW!!! Has that ever even been done by a pro? Imagine if he focused all his efforts on golf instead of dictating? And an invisible phone? I think Apple would have hired him in a heart beat. He could have been the next Steve Jobs or Bill Gates!

JasonJohnHorn
02-28-2013, 10:32 PM
It's just irrelevant. It really doesn't have to do anything with basketball anyways.

Well, in my defence we are constantly seeing threads about former players who no longer play basketball making the news for non-basketball related issues. There are two threads in the main forum right now about former players who are being charged with crimes, one of who didn't even play in the NBA, she played in the WNBA. Not to mention non-NBA related basketball news. A cheerleader for a highschool team makes a half court shot? Basketball related? Yes. NBA related? No. But I, like many readers, like reading those posts. That half-court shot was worth watching 20 times. I'm glad that poster shared it, even if it gets moved. I also prefer comparison threads in the general NBA forum, or homer threads because it's frankly too much to visit each team forum.

If there are threads you don't wish to participate in, then don't participate in them. Ignore them. When I see threads I don't like, or am not interested in, or I don't think are related, I ignore them. I don't mind some of the funny threads. The mods seem to, and they delete them from time to time. For example, the: Is XXXXX Still the best SG in the NBA threads... they were kinda funny... because let's be honest, this season, Kobe, Wade and Harden and neck and neck. Homers defend their guys, objective fans contribute sensible posts and then the homers p!$$ all over the thread. So making a "Is Bill Sharman still the best SG in the NBA" thread seems funny to me. I don't mind having a laugh when I log in here.

But bottom line, if you don't like a thread, don't participate. It's that simply. If the mods think there is an issue they can delete the thread and warn the poster, but all this needless hate is just that, needless. Silence speaks volumes. If nobody posts in the thread, it will fall off the main page and the poster will realize they are not generating conversations.