PDA

View Full Version : Rockets to offer Bynum multi year contract regardless of he plays this season or not

sunsfan88
02-28-2013, 12:31 AM
Howard Eskin @howardeskin

I'm being told by sources the #houstonrockets are ready to offer #sixers C Andrew Bynum a contract after season

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2013/2/26/4033326/nba-rumors-houston-rockets-andrew-bynum-free-agency-2013

I think this would make things really interesting. Philly could do a sign and trade. I think Asik would do well in Philly under Doug Collins.

If Dallas somehow makes the playoffs over the Lakers, I think Dwight will go to the Mavericks so he can avoid playing with Kobe and team up with Dirk and Mayo instead, two guys that would be ok with conceding the 1st option to Dwight. This is pure speculation on my part though, don't attack me Laker fans :p

seikou8
02-28-2013, 12:36 AM
dont do it houston you will reget it

D-Leethal
02-28-2013, 12:37 AM
I don't see this as a prime fit. Harden and Lin need a screener to free them up for penetration. Not a guy who wants to live on the block. I think that would hurt there game just like Brook has hurt DWill's game.

KniCks4LiFe
02-28-2013, 12:38 AM
does Philly know about this? :laugh2:

Guppyfighter
02-28-2013, 12:38 AM
Houston would be so good. Jesus.

More-Than-Most
02-28-2013, 12:40 AM
If I am the sixers I would still offer him a ton.... Just would. If it screws us so be it. Bynum is the exact player we need to get us over the hump and be a contender. Prime Bynum/Thad/Holiday/Turner make us a dangerous team for years as long as Bynum is healthy.....What can the sixers get in free agency that would put them over the top that would be better than what Bynum brings when he is healthy?

jrm2054
02-28-2013, 12:41 AM
Still think they will get Dwight

Guppyfighter
02-28-2013, 12:42 AM
If I am the sixers I would still offer him a ton.... Just would. If it screws us so be it. Bynum is the exact player we need to get us over the hump and be a contender. Prime Bynum/Thad/Holiday/Turner make us a dangerous team for years as long as Bynum is healthy.....What can the sixers get in free agency that would put them over the top that would be better than what Bynum brings when he is healthy?

You have to put a better surrounding cast for Jrue and Bynum. Thad and Turner are kind of below average.

sunsfan88
02-28-2013, 12:42 AM
Igoudala :D

Keep3HEATSOnMe
02-28-2013, 12:44 AM
Don't do it Houston.

Htownballa1622
02-28-2013, 12:48 AM
I honestly don't know how I feel about this..:sigh:.

Hellcrooner
02-28-2013, 12:51 AM
i guess they miss paying some couple milliton to Ming for DNP s.

Johann
02-28-2013, 01:00 AM

Not at bowling.

Guppyfighter
02-28-2013, 01:00 AM
Rumor has it they are also planning on hiring the Suns training staff.

bholly
02-28-2013, 01:05 AM
http://www.thedreamshake.com/2013/2/26/4033326/nba-rumors-houston-rockets-andrew-bynum-free-agency-2013

I think this would make things really interesting. Philly could do a sign and trade. I think Asik would do well in Philly under Doug Collins.

If Dallas somehow makes the playoffs over the Lakers, I think Dwight will go to the Mavericks so he can avoid playing with Kobe and team up with Dirk and Mayo instead, two guys that would be ok with conceding the 1st option to Dwight. This is pure speculation on my part though, don't attack me Laker fans :p

Why would Houston do a S+T, though? Same contract and they'd have to give something up. Wouldn't they be better off just not picking up Garcia's option and then signing him outright?

Yup. Morey's a sicko.

Me too.

You have to put a better surrounding cast for Jrue and Bynum. Thad and Turner are kind of below average.

Turner yes, but Thad's really quite good, and would be especially so next to Bynum.

astrosmaniac
02-28-2013, 01:07 AM
title is misleading. says nothing about specifics of the deal, and like the article said, they are most likely going to go after paul and dwight first. this really isn't anything we didnt already know

justinnum1
02-28-2013, 01:09 AM
sorry rockests fans

sunsfan88
02-28-2013, 01:09 AM
Rumor has it they are also planning on hiring the Suns training staff.

HA! No...we just made O'Neal look like the best center in the NBA :D

Alayla
02-28-2013, 01:11 AM

Thad hasn't been below average or even remotely in the ballpark of below average this season there is an argument that hes been just as valuable to us as Jrue this season. Turner however i argee with

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-28-2013, 01:12 AM
It doesn't say a max deal. Which I hope they don't offer. I hope the Sixers dont offer him a max either. He has shown time after time that he cannot be relied upon

Alayla
02-28-2013, 01:13 AM
Id still offer Bynum a max under no circumstance am i willing to lose a top 15 player.

TheNumber37
02-28-2013, 01:16 AM
The Rockets are better off offering a smaller size of that money to Josh Smith and JJ Reddick.

D12 fan
02-28-2013, 01:19 AM
So if the Rockets are willing to go after Bynum, I know they will be hot for Dwight lol.

A_Bynum_sucks
02-28-2013, 01:22 AM
Id still offer Bynum a max under no circumstance am i willing to lose a top 15 player.

Lather-rinse-repeat, Lather-rinse-repeat, Lather-rinse-repeat!!

God, this guy is a clueless fool. Bynum has never ever been considered a top-15 player. And even IF he did have top-15 talen...talent is NEVER enough. A truly GREAT player has to be CONSISTENT!! Has to have a work ethic. And has to have Character. Bynum has NONE of these. He never has. And he will NEVER ever be considered the # 1 option, or a leader of a team. Giving him ANY kind of money is as stupid as it gets!

Period...End " O " Story!!

AWC713
02-28-2013, 01:23 AM
ALL depends on how much $$$

The goods
02-28-2013, 01:31 AM
When is he coming back?

OceanSpray
02-28-2013, 01:47 AM
Evan Turner is putting up decent numbers. Give him one or two more seasons.

More-Than-Most
02-28-2013, 01:51 AM

Thad young was pretty sick most of this year before being injured but I could be wrong. Turner has been below average

Hawkeye15
02-28-2013, 02:04 AM
not sure I would offer Bynum a huge deal with his injury history

Rndy
02-28-2013, 02:06 AM
Houston seems to care very little about spending money. They could sign Bynum play him little minutes and keep him rested for a playoff run. Wouldn't be the worst idea if they continue to just shell out money.

More-Than-Most
02-28-2013, 02:11 AM
not sure I would offer Bynum a huge deal with his injury history

I hate it but what free agent besides Howard is available that could put Philly over the top? Its a huge risk but to contend what other move could we make? I mean actual contention against the big dogs in the Thunder/Spurs/Heat....Healthy Bynum plus Holiday and Thad and that is a scary young core for years to come. I hate that he is an Injury risk but is it not a risk worth taking if you are our organization? We could offer him the max and get burnt or spend wisely and still not come close over the next 3 plus years at hanging with the best teams in Basketball

I would give him the max without a 2nd thought if all came back as well as could be expected from a medical standpoint

More-Than-Most
02-28-2013, 02:12 AM
Phila has to throw all their eggs in the Bynum Or Howard Basket. I see no other long term move that could put us over the top. Holiday and Thad and Turner getting better plus a healthy bynum gives us the best chance at knocking out the heat

Hawkeye15
02-28-2013, 02:16 AM
I hate it but what free agent besides Howard is available that could put Philly over the top? Its a huge risk but to contend what other move could we make? I mean actual contention against the big dogs in the Thunder/Spurs/Heat....Healthy Bynum plus Holiday and Thad and that is a scary young core for years to come. I hate that he is an Injury risk but is it not a risk worth taking if you are our organization? We could offer him the max and get burnt or spend wisely and still not come close over the next 3 plus years at hanging with the best teams in Basketball

I would give him the max without a 2nd thought if all came back as well as could be expected from a medical standpoint

not that Bynum's agent will agree, but it better be littered with performance based results, and games played.

Cracka2HI!
02-28-2013, 03:10 AM
I can see Bynum being a max player but not for 5 years. 3 years tops. This guy has proven that even when healthy he misses a ton of games and now his body is broken. How many more games is he going to miss in the future? He's probably on his way out but if I'm Philly I think I give him a 3 year max offer just to save face. Then I'd hope and pray for his health.

LongWayFromHome
02-28-2013, 03:11 AM

:laugh:

D12 fan
02-28-2013, 03:22 AM
Phila has to throw all their eggs in the Bynum Or Howard Basket. I see no other long term move that could put us over the top. Holiday and Thad and Turner getting better plus a healthy bynum gives us the best chance at knocking out the heat
Why would Dwight choose Philly over LA/Hou/Dallas/Atlanta? All 4 of those teams are a better fit than the Sixers. A Holiday/Dwight duo is not enough to compete in the East.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-28-2013, 03:32 AM

^ Bynum will not last another 5 years in the nba

AlexanderPearce
02-28-2013, 03:48 AM
Houston is going after Dwight bottom line. Bynum is only going to be in Houston for a one year huge salary with a team option after that. This is the case or they are going to bid him up so another team is forced to spend max on him. Don't worry about Houston. We know what we are doing... cap for a max in 2014 if we don't sign Dwight. This is a fact... Let it be known... Dwight this year in FA or Love next year. We don't care about Bynum or Gasol even if they end up in our team. It's all about the length of their contracts to get us to 2014 FA class.

sunsfan88
02-28-2013, 03:49 AM
Why would Dwight choose Philly over LA/Hou/Dallas/Atlanta? All 4 of those teams are a better fit than the Sixers. A Holiday/Dwight duo is not enough to compete in the East.

Sixers can offer him more $$ than any other team.

bholly
02-28-2013, 04:10 AM

He's talking about Dwight, not Bynum.

Dade County
02-28-2013, 04:15 AM
I don't see anyone offering Bynum a 4 to 5yr Max deal... Like someone stated above, maybe a 3 year deal with a team option after the 2nd season.

I actually think Bynum ends up on a contending team, this way he gets to rest more and take care of his body, and still has a chance at winning rings. I can see Bynum signing a 2 year contract ( to raise his stock again and win a ring or two), then when he has proven that he can stay healthy he will get his big pay day.

it wouldn't make sense for Bynum to be locked up in a none max 4 to 5year contract, so in short, if the 76ers don't offer him a max 5 year deal, his gone.

Let him walk.

shep33
02-28-2013, 04:56 AM
I'm willing to bet that Bynum gets big money... however, I don't think all of it will be guaranteed. Maybe like a team option after a 2nd or 3rd year. It'll be some kind of strange contract situation.

Don't see why every team going after him wouldn't do that. Teams offering him 100 mill, no questions asked... well they deserve to be in cap trouble for the duration of his deal. That's why I just don't see it happening

LeperMessiah
02-28-2013, 05:40 AM

agreed, they just got rid of an injury prone all star centre

2-ONE-5
02-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Houston is gonna get hit hard with the tax if they max out another guy if i read correctly the other day

Manimal
02-28-2013, 09:09 AM
So it takes 4 years to rebuild from having lost a superstar to injury. So to top it off let's sign another player who has constant knee troubles at the just the age of 26.

Also the system is working great with a blue collar guy (Asik). He gets out of the way and gives the lane to the guards to drive and gets his points on gimmes, putbacks and hustle plays.

The best move would be to get a lockdown perimeter defender like Iguodala (I hope not) or a stretch four like Ryan Anderson or Kevin Love (unlikely). But I feel there are the two types of players that will fit Houston's current system of spread the floor and drive and kick.

Philly should just go in #tanksohard mode. Will probably get themselves... Oh wait its a weak draft class.

Cluster**** all around.

koreancabbage
02-28-2013, 09:42 AM
can Houston offer both Howard and Bynum max contracts at the same time?

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-28-2013, 09:53 AM
So the op still thinks Dwight wants out of LA because of Kobe lol he's so misinformed and he won't be going to Dallas who's in a worse situation then the lakers, but if I'm the rockets I stay away from Bynum his knees just spell trouble!

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-28-2013, 09:56 AM

That's where your wrong the lakers are the only team that can offer him an extra year and 30 million more I believe the most anyone else can offer Dwight is like 4 years 88 million the lakers can offer him 5 years 117 million

yaswaggin
02-28-2013, 09:58 AM
only way sixers have a GLIMSE OF A SHOT of competing with the heat in the ECF is by resigning bynum

a jrue/healthy bynum/thad combo can push the heat to 6 games imo

mightybosstone
02-28-2013, 10:01 AM
I'll believe this when I see it. There are always a million rumors involving the Rockets and it's usually the deal that no one talked about that ends up getting accomplished. Bynum would be a huge grab for Morey, but the guy's knees are shot, and I don't see how he provides a major long-term upgrade over Asik, who is healthy and had no major injury concerns up to this point in his career. Dwight is still likely Morey's key free agent target, but if he doesn't get him, I could potentially see him going for a second tier guy like Bynum or Smith. I just don't think that's a smart idea. I would rather him trade for a Gasol or Granger to play a single season and then use the cap space the following season to go after the next free agent class or make a run at Kevin Love.

Alayla
02-28-2013, 11:23 AM
Lather-rinse-repeat, Lather-rinse-repeat, Lather-rinse-repeat!!

God, this guy is a clueless fool. Bynum has never ever been considered a top-15 player. And even IF he did have top-15 talen...talent is NEVER enough. A truly GREAT player has to be CONSISTENT!! Has to have a work ethic. And has to have Character. Bynum has NONE of these. He never has. And he will NEVER ever be considered the # 1 option, or a leader of a team. Giving him ANY kind of money is as stupid as it gets!

Period...End " O " Story!!

Says the guy who said Thad Young> Bynum with a straight face

Ebbs
02-28-2013, 11:35 AM
Eh I don't think it's a great fit and I don't think he deserves it but he will get paid still

Dade County
02-28-2013, 11:58 AM
That's where your wrong the lakers are the only team that can offer him an extra year and 30 million more I believe the most anyone else can offer Dwight is like 4 years 88 million the lakers can offer him 5 years 117 million

Wouldn't it be funny if the Lakers had to resign back, their damage goods ... Bynum back in L.A lol

Laker fans shouldn't have a problem with that, I remember last year Bynum this and Bynum that.

MrfadeawayJB
02-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Houston will get either Dwight or Bynum. Making Asik tradeable and houston dangerous

rockbottom2010
02-28-2013, 12:05 PM
bynums knees will never be the same.....i would straight up go after howard...

DDynO
02-28-2013, 12:15 PM
HAHA NOOOOOOOOOOO. I don't think we sign bynum this offseason. I do think we will go after dwight though.

D12 fan
02-28-2013, 12:25 PM
People Dwight is not leaving LA. WHY?

1.Dwight cares about his image, if he leaves LA he will be destroyed by LA fans.
2.Dwight loves money.
3.Dwight loves endorsements.
4.Dwight knows after next year LA will have capspace to sign another superstar.
5.Dwight loves Hollywood and wants to become a actor.

CityofTreez
02-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Prime Bynum/Thad/Holiday/Turner make us a dangerous team for years as long as Bynum is healthy....

This is where you wake up, and reality sets in.

You'll never have a prime Bynum, and that's that!

ManningToTyree
02-28-2013, 12:28 PM
He can put them over the top or make them perennially mediocre if he isn't healthy. I would avoid him. Asik is pretty solid. They need a 4 who can score to take the load off of Harden. Milsap?

Snakeyestx
02-28-2013, 12:33 PM
I'll believe this when I see it. There are always a million rumors involving the Rockets and it's usually the deal that no one talked about that ends up getting accomplished. Bynum would be a huge grab for Morey, but the guy's knees are shot....

Every GM usually pulls one really bad deal... but this one would be monumentally horrible. I've stood by my opinion that Bynum's been a scrub, and this season pretty much confirms it. He's Brandon Roy with the wrong outlook on making a genuine return. Roy is determined, D-Rose is patient, Bynum is a scrub, a no-show, and festering in a dark corner much to the dislike of the city of Philadelphia.

Asik has yet to reach his ceiling in terms of potential (look at last night's performance), and now that Ohlbrecht is in to relieve him, a really strong 4 is all we need. Try for J-smooth in the off-season, or maybe steal JJ Hickson, or even throw an offer out for a trade for DeAndre Jordan (since the Clips apparently were shopping him before the trade deadline), but Bynum's name shouldn't cross the lips of Morey ever.

DR_1
02-28-2013, 12:45 PM

I agree, the Sixers need to do whatever they can to keep Bynum. Like another poster said, where else will they get someone with Bynum's ability?

farren.louis
02-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Houston better get dwight! I'll slap the ***** outta d.morey if he get bynum :eyebrow:

DallasTrilla23
02-28-2013, 08:06 PM
Morey is crazy enough to do it too.

Blitzbolt
02-28-2013, 08:08 PM
Rockets to offer EVERYONE multi year contract regardless of who they are.

king4day
02-28-2013, 08:09 PM
Wouldn't shock me if Charlotte's name gets tossed around for possible suitors. Their biggest weakness is a post presence. Put Bynum next to Mullins and throw in a lottery pick and suddenly, next season, the Bobcats are relevant again (assuming all are healthy).

IversonIsKrazy
02-28-2013, 10:31 PM
^^^
Lol Charlotte's biggest weakness is everywhere ahahah

IversonIsKrazy
02-28-2013, 10:31 PM
Anyways, I think they should throw $$$ at Dwight, and use Bynum as option B in a S/T with Asik or something.

Verbal Christ
02-28-2013, 11:12 PM
bynum is the best offensive center in the game. it would give the rockets a legitimate inside/outside threat, but i think its all misinformation. morey should just save his ammo for 2014 and go bezerk.

smith&wesson
02-28-2013, 11:21 PM
BAD MOVE!! Bynum = huge risk.

c.c.
02-28-2013, 11:45 PM
I'm speaking on behalf of all Rockets fans, WE DON'T WANT HIM!!! T-Mac and Yao set us back with injuries, we just making it pass that error.

thechom80
03-01-2013, 12:54 AM
Maybe they'll sign Odom to back him up and then trade for Roy to back up The Beard. Sounds like a greaaaat idea.