PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Pacers are legit to beat Miami?

D12 fan
02-27-2013, 03:44 PM
I see everybody thinks the only team who has a shot to beat Miami is OKC? Wrong! It's the Indiana Pacers they have what it takes to beat a team like Miami.

1.The emergence of Paul George
2.Two legit bigman Hibbert/West
3.Dirty work/tough physical players West/Granger/Hansborough/Stephenson
4.A great young coach.

Yeah most fans think Indiana is a dirty team, but they are legit and they are the only team I can see beating the Miami Heat this year. Okc still doesn't have what it takes, Durant can't stop Lebron, and you have the Westbrook knucklehead factor. No chance OKC beats Miami.

I been watching all season and Indiana just have that swagger about them, they remind me of that Detroit Pistons team that won the title with Billups/Rip/Prince/Wallace bros. Watch out for the Indiana Pacers, they are coming...To be continued

You guys agree that Indiana can beat Miami in a 7 game series?

4milesperday
02-27-2013, 03:49 PM
They're a legit team but I don't think they can beat Miami in a 7 game series.

D-Leethal
02-27-2013, 03:53 PM
I actually think they can. That defense is scary good.

SugeKnight
02-27-2013, 03:54 PM
Lebron James.

Dade County
02-27-2013, 03:54 PM
Don't let the script writers fool you...

If the HEAT meet the pacers in the playoffs, HEAT moves on to next round.

Try not to let the media cloud your mind with this nonsense, they are just trying to boost up the ratings... It looks good for the NBA in a competitive stand point, if teams like Indiana are shown as actually threats to win a title, but NBA history has prove, that it's most likely is not going to happen.

NBA = Entertainment.

Don't worry the Knicks will go on a nice run and everyone will be talking about them again, near the end of the season, so if the Knicks and Pacers meet in the 2nd round, ratings will be good.

Like I said at the end of last season/championship... HEAT vs Knicks ECF

mjt20mik
02-27-2013, 03:55 PM
I want to see how Danny fits once he gets more minutes. But yeah, I think IND could definitely take them to 7 and beat them. PG is the man.

D12 fan
02-27-2013, 03:57 PM
I actually think they can. That defense is scary good.

I agree, which is why they remind me of that Detroit team. People sleeping on Paul George he is very underrated on both sides of the ball, he can score 20+ and play great defense. I don't know why but Indiana will give the Heat all they can get.

D12 fan
02-27-2013, 03:58 PM

Try not to let the media cloud your mind with this nonsense, they are just trying to boost up the ratings... It looks good for the NBA in a competitive stand point, if teams like Indiana are shown as actually threats to win a title, but NBA history has prove, that it's most likely is not going to happen.

NBA = Entertainment.

Don't worry the Knicks will go on a nice run and everyone will be talking about them again, near the end of the season, so if the Knicks and Pacers meet in the 2nd round, ratings will be good.

Like I said at the end of last season/championship... HEAT vs Knicks ECFWOW!:facepalm:

Sly Guy
02-27-2013, 03:58 PM
I think they stand the best chance, but I don't see it happening.

tp13baby
02-27-2013, 04:00 PM
I think they are easily the second best team in the East. Knicks, Nets etc couldn't hold the Pacers jock.

They can compete with the Heat. Knicks won't make it out of the second round. And If Rose comes back, Chicago gets matched up with NY Knicks, guarantee a first round exit.

Nighthawk

NBA = Entertainment.

The Knicks???? LOLOL

Miami vs Indiana or Boston in the ECF. Melo is a regular season player

4milesperday
I think they stand the best chance, but I don't see it happening. I think the Knicks stand a better chance against Miami. Miami hates good shooters, they dont have much of those in Indiana.

bucketss
02-27-2013, 04:01 PM

NBA = Entertainment.

*BLANK STARE* you're ****ing weird.

D12 fan
02-27-2013, 04:03 PM
I would like to know who Heat fans think has the best shot at knocking them off, Indiana/NY/Boston/OKC/SA/LAC?

Minimal
02-27-2013, 04:09 PM
San Antonio is the last team I want to see in the finals against Heat.
From east I have to say Indiana.

TheNumber37
02-27-2013, 04:12 PM
They play Great D and have a new 6th man in Danny Granger going forward. I like their chances over the bulls.

TheNumber37
02-27-2013, 04:14 PM
No. Boston is not going to the ECF Without HCA the whole time and no Rondo.

Yes, The Knicks have a better shot this year at getting to the ECF.

Pacerlive
02-27-2013, 04:15 PM
I think the Knicks stand a better chance against Miami. Miami hates good shooters, they dont have much of those in Indiana.

Knicks have one guy who can score the ball at will and LeBron will stop him which is why I don't think they have a shot at beating the Heat.

farren.louis
02-27-2013, 04:22 PM
Hell No! The heat is a clear cut to win the east

Slug3
02-27-2013, 04:22 PM
Honestly SA and IND are the 2 teams that WILL give Miami all they can take. Can wither of them beat them? I think SA has a better chance as they have a fantastic coach and a team that always has deep playoff runs. Indy is very Physical and big as well, but I am not sure if they have enough experience to actually pull it off.

Lets not forget Miami at times goes through stretches where they become very lazy and either one of these teams can take advantage of it. I still think Miami is the best team in the East, but Indy has the belief they can beat Miami.

DR_1
02-27-2013, 04:23 PM
I would like to know who Heat fans think has the best shot at knocking them off, Indiana/NY/Boston/OKC/SA/LAC?

don't forget chicago

rocket
02-27-2013, 04:25 PM

NBA = Entertainment.

Lol

Slug3
02-27-2013, 04:27 PM
don't forget chicago

Chicago is not doing anything this year. Drop it.

IversonIsKrazy
02-27-2013, 04:29 PM
I think in the East, Pacers give Heat the biggest threat, followed by Chicago (if Rose is back and they get back on track). Though I don't see Knicks, Nets, Celtics as any threat whatsover.

As for the West, OKC would not put up a fight against the Heat. Spurs & GRizz I think can take down Miami as well.

JNoel
02-27-2013, 04:30 PM
SAS/Indy/Boston/LAC are the teams who provide the least favorable matchups for the Heat, so pretty much them.

kdspurman
02-27-2013, 04:34 PM
I don't know if Indy could beat Miami or not in a 7 game series. As great as they are defensively, in tough stretches will they be able to provide enough offense to win? If they are then I think they have a chance, but if Miami's defense tightens up (which it likely will), and they go through some droughts of not scoring, it might be tough.

But it remains to be seen, and I'd be pretty thrilled if they met in the playoffs again.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-27-2013, 04:36 PM
I don't think so. Not enough fire power.

seikou8
02-27-2013, 04:38 PM
I don't think so. Not enough fire power.

what he said in your sig he is crazy and i am not even a kobe fan but wow

JNoel
02-27-2013, 04:40 PM
what he said in your sig he is crazy and i am not even a kobe fan but wow

He didn't say anything about Westbrook, why are you defending Kobe? :p

JordansBulls
02-27-2013, 04:43 PM
Only team that can beat Miami is probably the Spurs this season due to there bench and size up front and Tony Parker's efficiency.

Hawkeye15
02-27-2013, 04:47 PM
I don't think they can put a potent enough offense on the floor in a 7 game series against Miami to win a series this season. Going forward, with some tweaks, and if Hibbert stops sucking so bad on the offensive side of the floor, they can challenge Miami.

sfattahian
02-27-2013, 04:48 PM
I saw the Warriors/Pacers game last night and was disgusted by David West. Nothing to do with the fight, but more to do with his flopping. Never (not even Divac) have I ever seen such a strong, well-built man attempt to flop and fake contact in order to get fouls on his jumper, more than David West last night.

He is a great player, I have always thought he was underrated, but he is now officially my least favorite player in the NBA. He leans into Lee and jumps back as if hit by a bus and then he yells at the refs... it's pathetic. It represents everything wrong with the NBA.

He could beat David Lee anytime day or night, but he doesn't have to resort to these disgraceful antics trying to get foul calls. I've seen other players do it a lot too, but it hasn't bothered me as much as it did last night. he literally did it 90% of the time he got the ball in the post. I lost so much respect for him, especially for a guy who obviously thinks he is hard, he could not be more of a coward and cheat. Win fair and square, don't flop your way to success. He is now at the same level as Manu Ginobili, my second least favorite player in the NBA.

Why don't men act like men. David West is B**ch *zz. I hope he suffers another bad knee injury so his career is ended and it'll be one less cheat I have to watch. I will pray for bad Karma to reach his life in some way. He needs to man up and have some pride as a man. His ghetto pass is officially revoked. I had to check his background to make sure he doesn't have Argentinian roots.

David West = pansy

sfattahian
02-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Miami will wreck Indiana.

PacersForLife
02-27-2013, 04:58 PM
I saw the Warriors/Pacers game last night and was disgusted by David West. Nothing to do with the fight, but more to do with his flopping. Never (not even Divac) have I ever seen such a strong, well-built man attempt to flop and fake contact in order to get fouls on his jumper, more than David West last night.

He is a great player, I have always thought he was underrated, but he is now officially my least favorite player in the NBA. He leans into Lee and jumps back as if hit by a bus and then he yells at the refs... it's pathetic. It represents everything wrong with the NBA.

He could beat David Lee anytime day or night, but he doesn't have to resort to these disgraceful antics trying to get foul calls. I've seen other players do it a lot too, but it hasn't bothered me as much as it did last night. he literally did it 90% of the time he got the ball in the post. I lost so much respect for him, especially for a guy who obviously thinks he is hard, he could not be more of a coward and cheat. Win fair and square, don't flop your way to success. He is now at the same level as Manu Ginobili, my second least favorite player in the NBA.

Why don't men act like men. David West is B**ch *zz. I hope he suffers another bad knee injury so his career is ended and it'll be one less cheat I have to watch. I will pray for bad Karma to reach his life in some way. He needs to man up and have some pride as a man. His ghetto pass is officially revoked. I had to check his background to make sure he doesn't have Argentinian roots.

David West = pansy

Lol wow. When does David West flop? And you're really gonna wish an injury on someone like that? Wow...

Nighthawk
02-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Lol wow. When does David West flop? And you're really gonna wish an injury on someone like that? Wow...

This is why i HATE posting here. How you supposed to have debates and convo's with ANIMALS like that.

xRipCity
02-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Only the Pacers and the Spurs have what it takes to beat Miami.

Will they?

No.

seikou8
02-27-2013, 05:11 PM
He didn't say anything about Westbrook, why are you defending Kobe? :p

westbrick;),anyway call it like i see it

HouRealCoach
02-27-2013, 05:13 PM
Heat beat them from being down 2-1 without Chris Bosh... Maybe in a couple of years when Paul George is more polished I think they would have a legit chance for sure

IKnowHoops
02-27-2013, 05:17 PM
Best Chance at knocking off the Heat.

1. Spurs
2. Pacers
3. OKC

PacersForLife
02-27-2013, 05:22 PM
This is why i HATE posting here. How you supposed to have debates and convo's with ANIMALS like that.

Agreed... Doesn't make sense.

blahblahyoutoo
02-27-2013, 05:29 PM
they're the biggest threat in the east by far.

SteBO
02-27-2013, 05:31 PM
From the east, I honestly fear the Knicks more. New York knows how to keep their turnovers down and they have good shooters surrounding a star player in Carmelo, who can really only stop himself. Indiana is a good team and they're a team to be recognized, but I don't think they have enough offensively. Lately, they've been above their heads in that regard.......

From the West, OKC still scares me. But San Antonio is probably the last team I'd want to face in a potential Finals series.

Sota4Ever
02-27-2013, 05:34 PM
In a 7 game series I would take the Pacers to win the series in 6. I really like their team and think they match up with the heat.

ManRam
02-27-2013, 05:34 PM
Definitely the toughest team they'll face in the East...unless perhaps Rose comes back 120%.

ombada
02-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Heat beat them from being down 2-1 without Chris Bosh... Maybe in a couple of years when Paul George is more polished I think they would have a legit chance for sure

This logic is flawed. George wasnt the player he is at this time last year. Hill has a second year of being a PG under his belt and his first full year of starting. West is now 100% recovered from the knee injury he was rehabbing from all last season. Then theres Hibbert. his offense has gotten worse, his defense has gotten better. Lance stephenson wasnt a factor last year and has come out of no where this year to make big contributions to the Pacers. The Ian Mahinmi pickup puts another legit 7'0 guy out there when Hibbert comes out (foul trouble for Hibbert wont be as much of a factor this year)

This is a completely different team this year. They have grown as they were very young last year. They are also just now getting back a prolific scorer into the rotation in Granger. Once he is up to speed, this will be a dangerous team come playoff time.

Guppyfighter
02-27-2013, 05:38 PM
Pacers are already a dangerous team in the playoffs. Looking forward to a potential Pacers-Celtics match up in the first round.

Knick_Fever
02-27-2013, 05:41 PM

NBA = Entertainment.

As much as Id love to agree with you on Heat vs Knicks ECF, man those Pacers look insanely good on both ends. They have soooo many weapons, size, speed, etc., you name it. The media has nothing to do with this perception, just by watching this team play will do the trick. At this point its not "if" or "can" they beat Miami, but rather by how long they allow the series to go.

Knick_Fever
02-27-2013, 05:45 PM

I agree, they both are very efficient on both ends. Most importantly, they have high basketball IQ players.

Hawkeye15
02-27-2013, 05:49 PM
As much as Id love to agree with you on Heat vs Knicks ECF, man those Pacers look insanely good on both ends. They have soooo many weapons, size, speed, etc., you name it. The media has nothing to do with this perception, just by watching this team play will do the trick. At this point its not "if" or "can" they beat Miami, but rather by how long they allow the series to go.

The Pacers offense is actually pretty below average, which is why I don't think they can generate enough points against a Miami.

ziglur
02-27-2013, 06:12 PM

David West = pansyl
Lots of time when someone wishes Ilwill on someone it happens to them,

justinnum1
02-27-2013, 06:14 PM
Spurs are the only team that can beat miami in a 7 game series.

Indy doesn't worry me at all. They are tough and will win a game or 2 but thats it.

IndyRealist
02-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Honestly SA and IND are the 2 teams that WILL give Miami all they can take. Can wither of them beat them? I think SA has a better chance as they have a fantastic coach and a team that always has deep playoff runs. Indy is very Physical and big as well, but I am not sure if they have enough experience to actually pull it off.

Lets not forget Miami at times goes through stretches where they become very lazy and either one of these teams can take advantage of it. I still think Miami is the best team in the East, but Indy has the belief they can beat Miami.

Basically this. San Antonio has the role players to crush Miami's 2nd unit, Duncan looks 10 years younger, and Parker is an MVP candidate.

I deparately want to say that Indy has a shot at the Heat, but I don't see it happening this year. Our bench is very hit or miss, Hibbert is still struggling offensively, and Danny may or may not fit into what we're doing now. But in the last month, they've been scary good.

IndyRealist
02-27-2013, 06:56 PM
The Pacers offense is actually pretty below average, which is why I don't think they can generate enough points against a Miami.

Not in the last month. There was a substantial shift in offensive philosophy in February, where I believe the Pacers have had the 8th best offense in the league.

akagiredsuns
02-27-2013, 07:14 PM
Wow OP can you be any more of a homer? And no. Miami knows how to turn it on in the playoffs and they will take IND out in 6. Who is gonna stop Lebron? Granger? And please, Hibbert is not a legit big man. Why because he got a max contract? I can recall after that monster Game 3 he was if anything illegitimate the next 3 games. The Heat have too many weapons. Battier can hit the 3 and Ray Allen in the playoffs will snap too if he gets that open jumper. So sorry. IND can give the Heat somewhat of a scare, but the Heat will outlast them and this year they are much stronger than last year. More poise, better chemistry, and the ability to close out a series.

Bravo95
02-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Lebron James.
Yeah.

BALLER R
02-27-2013, 07:20 PM
Yes they are. If there was on team I could pick from the east to beat them its the pacers. That team just lacks playoff experience. Don't be fool last year they lost that series because the heat were more playoff experienced than them. If I'm miami that's the last team I want to face in the east. Also the way they play so physical Miami can not let that get to them.

BALLER R
02-27-2013, 07:22 PM
Spurs are the only team that can beat miami in a 7 game series.

Indy doesn't worry me at all. They are tough and will win a game or 2 but thats it.

Your joking right.

justinnum1
02-27-2013, 07:24 PM
Wow OP can you be any more of a homer? And no. Miami knows how to turn it on in the playoffs and they will take IND out in 6. Who is gonna stop Lebron? Granger? And please, Hibbert is not a legit big man. Why because he got a max contract? I can recall after that monster Game 3 he was if anything illegitimate the next 3 games. The Heat have too many weapons. Battier can hit the 3 and Ray Allen in the playoffs will snap too if he gets that open jumper. So sorry. IND can give the Heat somewhat of a scare, but the Heat will outlast them and this year they are much stronger than last year. More poise, better chemistry, and the ability to close out a series.

He's a dwight fanboy, magic fan last season, and just came off like a 3 month ban

Sota4Ever
02-27-2013, 07:25 PM
Your joking right.

It's Justin.. Surprised he even gave the Pacers a game.

justinnum1
02-27-2013, 07:29 PM
Pacers will probably see mimai in the ECF. I see the 2 seed being indy and the 3 seed being NY. INdy is awful matchup for NY, indy wins that series in 4 or 5.

Miami will probably get the bulls or nets in the 2nd round, then beat indy in 5 or 6. Indy just doesnt have the experience, they dont know how to use hibbert, and miami has the next level that no other team in the east can come close to.

SugeKnight
02-27-2013, 07:36 PM
Yeah.

No.

Aust
02-27-2013, 07:43 PM
They have a lot going for them, but not they won't. The Pacers are destined to be one of those good teams the eventual Champions had to overcome in order to reach greatness. Just like last year. They're talented fodder.

As much as I would love to see it happen, chances are slim at best.

Knick_Fever
02-27-2013, 07:47 PM
Pacers will probably see mimai in the ECF. I see the 2 seed being indy and the 3 seed being NY. INdy is awful matchup for NY, indy wins that series in 4 or 5.

Miami will probably get the bulls or nets in the 2nd round, then beat indy in 5 or 6. Indy just doesnt have the experience, they dont know how to use hibbert, and miami has the next level that no other team in the east can come close to.

Indy doesnt have the experience? Hey they took 2 from Miami last year, when George wasnt even relevant. They are far better this year and their defense is getting more consistent. The way they've been destroying teams is unreal. I wont be surprised if they beat Miami. They have the weapons, size, speed, etc. to dismantle them. Im just not convinced about Miami. I think they're actually more beatable this year than the past couple of years. I seen some weaknesses in the Kings game (which were exploited) that teams can take advantage of. Its the type of weaknesses in which Lebron and Wade would both have to get 40 ppg in a playoff series to overcome.

justinnum1
02-27-2013, 07:52 PM
Indy doesnt have the experience? Hey they took 2 from Miami last year, when George wasnt even relevant. They are far better this year and their defense is getting more consistent. The way they've been destroying teams is unreal. I wont be surprised if they beat Miami. They have the weapons, size, speed, etc. to dismantle them. Im just not convinced about Miami. I think they're actually more beatable this year than the past couple of years. I seen some weaknesses in the Kings game (which were exploited) that teams can take advantage of. Its the type of weaknesses in which Lebron and Wade would both have to get 40 ppg in a playoff series to overcome.

They took 2 games from miami without bosh.

ATX
02-27-2013, 08:04 PM
For me, no one from the East scares me in regards to Miami and advancing to the finals. I think next year if Rose is at his usual form, then Chicago would have the best chance. This year though, I just can't see NY making it out of the 2nd round. Indiana I would say if the clear cut number 2 seed and has the best chance. I can agree with the op points, but imo Miami would take that series in 6. From the West no one scares me except the Spurs. If SA stays healthy, and they roll into the Finals with perhaps their last true shot at the end of an amazing Spurs era, coupled with the fact that they have Parker playing at an MVP level, a top 10 All Timer playing at a turn back the clock pace in hopes of attaining a 5th ring, and a solid group of players being coached up by perhaps the best coach in the NBA...Well most would like their chances. However, after last seasons collapse against OKC, we'll have to wait and see if they can get by OKC the 2nd time around. The playoffs can't get here fast enough.

Colts2180
02-27-2013, 08:10 PM
Paul George, Danny Granger, George Hill, David West. Looks like plenty of shooters to me.

SteBO
02-27-2013, 08:14 PM
I can't say I completely disagree with anything you've said here, but some things need to be pointed out....

1) Bosh was M.I.A for all but 1 quarter and a half of that series. David West wasn't forced to play much interior defense until LBJ and Wade decide to be relentless attacking the rim.

2) While there's no denying Indy is better this year (solely because of Paul George's improvement), their play style isn't different. They're still the same physical team that tries to get under their opponents skin with not much offensive efficiency. All this talk about their size is fine and all, I get it, but it didn't really help them last year when the Heat were throwing out lineups that were even smaller than what Miami has had to deal with this year. Plus, am I the only one who thinks their bench was better last year with Lou Amundson, Darren Collison, and even Dahntay Jones giving them quality minutes?

3) Weapons? The jury is still out on Danny Granger for he just got back, but I'd like to know what weapons outside of George, Hibbert, and West you're eluding to. Let's not forget Granger has the potential of possibly altering this teams' identity. He's not a good defensive player on top of his inefficient offensive game. Taking into account that he'll probably take away opportunities Paul George should be getting, their effectiveness offensively over the past month won't be apparent down the road. Up until February, they were one of the worst offensive teams in the league. They're riding a nice wave right now, but I'd like for someone to sell me on why they think that will continue.

4) Indiana is playing with a quicker pace than last year just based on what I've been watching, but I don't think they have the horses to sustain it over the remaining regular season schedule, let alone a playoff series against a good defense.

In the end I think Indiana's staple offensively is going to have to be playing through Hibbert and West if they're going to give themselves the best shot. I like Paul George a lot and I think he's going to be a star in this league if he isn't close already, but I think playing through him and banking on him to become the focal point in leading Indiana to great heights against a Miami or even a New York is a high risk move.

Colts2180
02-27-2013, 08:14 PM
They took 2 games from miami without bosh.

Bosh being gone helped them. We played them better with him in there. Hes the most overrated player around. Lose Wade or Lebron and then you have a case, Bosh not a chance.

justinnum1
02-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Bosh being gone helped them. We played them better with him in there. Hes the most overrated player around. Lose Wade or Lebron and then you have a case, Bosh not a chance.

Bosh being gone forced lebron to play better and attack more. But your kidding yourself if you think the heat are better without bosh, that's just ignorant.

SteBO
02-27-2013, 08:18 PM
Paul George, Danny Granger, George Hill, David West. Looks like plenty of shooters to me.
Not enough though, and Danny Granger isn't an efficient player. AT ALL.

I think that's pretty narrow-minded. Without the herculean games from LeBron and Wade, there's a chance Miami loses that series the way it was headed after 3 games. If Bosh was available, those games from LeBron but most notably Wade, wouldn't have been quite necessary. You aren't taking into account the spacing Bosh's mid-range game provides.

Colts2180
02-27-2013, 08:18 PM
I can't say I completely disagree with anything you've said here, but some things need to be pointed out....

1) Bosh was M.I.A for all but 1 quarter and a half of that series. David West wasn't forced to play much interior defense until LBJ and Wade decide to be relentless attacking the rim.

2) While there's no denying Indy is better this year (solely because of Paul George's improvement), their play style isn't different. They're still the same physical team that tries to get under their opponents skin with not much offensive efficiency. All this talk about their size is fine and all, I get it, but it didn't really help them last year when the Heat were throwing out lineups that were even smaller than what Miami has had to deal with this year. Plus, am I the only one who thinks their bench was better last year with Lou Amundson, Darren Collison, and even Dahntay Jones giving them quality minutes?

3) Weapons? The jury is still out on Danny Granger for he just got back, but I'd like to know what weapons outside of George, Hibbert, and West you're eluding to. Let's not forget Granger has the potential of possibly altering this teams' identity. He's not a good defensive player on top of his inefficient offensive game. Taking into account that he'll probably take away opportunities Paul George should be getting, their effectiveness offensively over the past month won't be apparent down the road. Up until February, they were one of the worst offensive teams in the league. They're riding a nice wave right now, but I'd like for someone to sell me on why they think that will continue.

4) Indiana is playing with a quicker pace than last year just based on what I've been watching, but I don't think they have the horses to sustain it over the remaining regular season schedule, let alone a playoff series against a good defense.

In the end I think Indiana's staple offensively is going to have to be playing through Hibbert and West if they're going to give themselves the best shot. I like Paul George a lot and I think he's going to be a star in this league if he isn't close already, but I think playing through him and banking on him to become the focal point in leading Indiana to great heights against a Miami or even a New York is a high risk move.

Hibbert, West, Granger, George, George Hill, Lance Stevenson and even our back up center is better than there starter Ian M. Thats our weapons. Dont sleep on them, theres a reason weve beaten Miami 2x this year by double digits WITHOUT GRANGER. Granger is a very good defensive player so im not sure where your getting your info from. He can be inefficient on offense at times but then again he can go on double digit runs by himself. Hes a streaky shooter and will only help us get even better.

justinnum1
02-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Hibbert, West, Granger, George, George Hill, Lance Stevenson and even our back up center is better than there starter Ian M. Thats our weapons. Dont sleep on them, theres a reason weve beaten Miami 2x this year by double digits WITHOUT GRANGER.

regular season bro. regular season. Aint nobody winning 4 of 7 vs miami but the spurs.

Big Zo
02-27-2013, 08:21 PM

Who's "we"?

siix
02-27-2013, 08:23 PM
you never know anything can happen in the playoffs won't be surprised if they do.

SteBO
02-27-2013, 08:24 PM
Hibbert, West, Granger, George, George Hill, Lance Stevenson and even our back up center is better than there starter Ian M. Thats our weapons. Dont sleep on them, theres a reason weve beaten Miami 2x this year by double digits WITHOUT GRANGER.
Don't get me wrong man, I'm well aware of how good Indiana is. But I think it's too elementary to say Danny Granger makes them better if you aren't taking into account the opportunities he could take away from George. Also, there's been nothing about Hibbert's play this year that strikes fear into my heart, but George and West are the two guys that have my full attention. George Hill is a nice player too.

Colts2180
02-27-2013, 08:26 PM
Not enough though, and Danny Granger isn't an efficient player. AT ALL.

I think that's pretty narrow-minded. Without the herculean games from LeBron and Wade, there's a chance Miami loses that series the way it was headed after 3 games. If Bosh was available, those games from LeBron but most notably Wade, wouldn't have been quite necessary. You aren't taking into account the spacing Bosh's mid-range game provides.

Wow how many shooters do you need? Narrow minded huh? Bosh only takes shots from Lebron and Wade and in that series we was dominating them and then Bosh goes down and all of the sudden James and Wade change how they was playing and it hurt us. Id much rather have Bosh in there. Lets not make excuses for the Champs. Injuries are a part of the game so enough with this 'they beat Miami without Bosh' crap and just leave at what it is. We beat them 2x but they won the series so dont take away what we did.

justinnum1
02-27-2013, 08:29 PM
Wow how many shooters do you need? Narrow minded huh? Bosh only takes shots from Lebron and Wade and in that series we was dominating them and then Bosh goes down and all of the sudden James and Wade change how they was playing and it hurt us. Id much rather have Bosh in there. Lets not make excuses for the Champs. Injuries are a part of the game so enough with this 'they beat Miami without Bosh' crap and just leave at what it is. We beat them 2x but they won the series so dont take away what we did.

How the **** were you dominating miami when bosh was playing if he only played for 18minutes? :laugh2:

:rolleyes:

Colts2180
02-27-2013, 08:29 PM
Don't get me wrong man, I'm well aware of how good Indiana is. But I think it's too elementary to say Danny Granger makes them better if you aren't taking into account the opportunities he could take away from George. Also, there's been nothing about Hibbert's play this year that strikes fear into my heart, but George and West are the two guys that have my full attention. George Hill is a nice player too.

Hibberts fear factor this season is on the defensive end. Hes been an absolute beast in the paint and one of the main cogs for there defense being so good. His offense may not be as good as it was last year but his defense is far better. BTW his offense and rebounding has suffered this year because of a injury to his wrist in the series against Miami last year that hasnt recovered properly yet.

Colts2180
02-27-2013, 08:31 PM
How the **** were you dominating miami when bosh was playing if he only played for 18minutes? :laugh2:

:rolleyes:

Look at the score at the time. I think he played longer than that but dont remember. Id rather have him in there where he can take some shots instead of more from Wade and Lebron. Ill take that any day of the week. Give me all 3 over them 2 any time. Im more afraid of Miami without Bosh.

Hawkeye15
02-27-2013, 08:32 PM
Not in the last month. There was a substantial shift in offensive philosophy in February, where I believe the Pacers have had the 8th best offense in the league.

can you show me that? And what has changed in philosophy?

Colts2180
02-27-2013, 08:32 PM
Who's "we"?

That would be the Pacers bud. I pay taxes for there stadium so I can say WE.

Colts2180
02-27-2013, 08:34 PM
regular season bro. regular season. Aint nobody winning 4 of 7 vs miami but the spurs.

Yeah because we just play these games for fun right. Its not to see whos the best going in and to see whos got the best chance to win or anything. Its just the regular season, lets just let anyone in the playoffs lol.

Colts2180
02-27-2013, 08:36 PM
They did change the offensive scheme. They are much more fast paced and push the ball alot more than they have in a long time. People like to talk like they know this team just by reading stats. Try watching a game once in a while and see what they really are about.

Sota4Ever
02-27-2013, 08:52 PM

Wanna make a bet?

Hawkeye15
02-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Wanna make a bet?

I would bet if it was just the east versus Miami, but I think there are 2 teams out west that can play with anyone

Sota4Ever
02-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Hawk I will bet with you, but only if it is Pacers vs the heat.

Hawkeye15
02-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Hawk I will bet with you, but only if it is Pacers vs the heat.

sure, we can at that time, in case either team gets an injury that changes everything. I will remember Sota!

Blitzbolt
02-27-2013, 09:10 PM
If you have a top 2 Defense you have shot at beating anyone is that simple.

Sota4Ever
02-27-2013, 09:15 PM
sure, we can at that time, in case either team gets an injury that changes everything. I will remember Sota!

Perfect.

D12 fan
02-27-2013, 09:30 PM
The Pacers are deep as hell.

George/Granger/Stephenson
West/Hibbert/Hansborough

Granger/West/Stephenson aren't afraid of Lebron/Wade, they prove that last year. With another year of experience and Paul George emerging they will be a tough team for Miami no doubt.

I hope they play each other in the ECF, this could become a legit rivalry for the next few years. NY is just to friendly to become a rivalry with Melo being buddies with Lebron/Wade.

CHANGO
02-27-2013, 09:30 PM

YEP! This...

San Antonio would be the Mavs 2011 2.0 MUCH BETTER of course. :(
East is Indiana.

Those are the two teams right now that I see giving Miami some problems.