PDA

View Full Version : This will make Sly happy.

bsi
02-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Zuccarello might be back in a Rangers jersey after playoffs Sly. Can't say it hurts considering Kreider hasn't been the top 6 LW we were hoping (probably too high of expectations for a young rookie), but to be honest I would have loved to have gotten Michael Ryder yesterday but since that didn't happen I'd be most interested in getting Jesper Fasth over here, I think he's a good combination of forechecking and scoring, a Callahan type player.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/sather_taking_long_look_at_zuccarello_mIYXWO5CMUW0 hT8yGmYYJP

SLY WILLIAMS
02-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Zuccarello might be back in a Rangers jersey after playoffs Sly. Can't say it hurts considering Kreider hasn't been the top 6 LW we were hoping (probably too high of expectations for a young rookie), but to be honest I would have loved to have gotten Michael Ryder yesterday but since that didn't happen I'd be most interested in getting Jesper Fasth over here, I think he's a good combination of forechecking and scoring, a Callahan type player.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/sather_taking_long_look_at_zuccarello_mIYXWO5CMUW0 hT8yGmYYJP

That would make me very happy. I like Zooks. I like the way he plays, how humble he is and his sense of humor in interviews. With that said when I saw the title of this thread I was almost afraid to click it, lol :)

SLY WILLIAMS
02-27-2013, 11:40 AM
The Hobbit just might bounce back from overseas to provide the Rangers with a March spark for their power play the way he did last season.

General manager Glen Sather told The Post he intends to talk to Mats Zuccarello about returning from Russia to New York once the 25-year-old winger’s season ends with Mettalurg Magnitogorsk of the KHL.

The 5-foot-7 Zuccarello scored the game-winning goal with four seconds to go for his team in last night’s Game 4 of the first round against Salavat Yulaev to knot the best-of-seven series at 2-2. Game 5 will be played Friday with Game 6 set for Sunday.

“I’m definitely interested in talking to Zuke,” Sather said before the Rangers’ 4-3 loss to the Jets last night. “I’ve always liked him as a player. We’ll see what happens.”

Zuccarello, whose NHL rights are owned by the Blueshirts, is completing the first year of a two-year deal he signed with the KHL team following last season. But the contract contains an NHL out-clause after one season, giving the winger an option agent Don Meehan told The Post his client would be willing to explore.

Of course, the Rangers — who have limited cap space for next season — would have to make Zuccarello a one-way offer through 2013-14 lucrative enough for him to forego a second season in Russia.

Zuccarello, whom the Rangers signed as a free agent over the summer of 2010, recorded 26 points (8-18) in 52 games over parts of two seasons in New York. But he was cited as a spark on the power play by coach John Tortorella when recalled late last season from the AHL Whale over a seven-game span that ended when he sustained a broken left wrist blocking a shot on March 23.http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/sather_taking_long_look_at_zuccarello_mIYXWO5CMUW0 hT8yGmYYJP

SLY WILLIAMS
02-27-2013, 01:35 PM
Zooks with a nice shot from the point for a goal. It is around the 10 second mark of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdvKTuRSq-U&feature=player_embedded

SLY WILLIAMS
02-27-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm starting to think this may actually happen but I do not want to get my hopes up because things usually do not go my way in pro sports. This would really make me happy as BSI pointed out. Zooks is playing well in the KHL playoffs. His team is tied 2-2 in a best of 7.

Mats Zuccarello representatives will be in New York Thursday available to speak with NY Rangers about potential reunion

BY Pat Leonard

Representatives for shifty Norwegian forward Mats Zuccarello will be in New York on Thursday available to talk with Rangers brass, the Daily News has learned, which could mark the next step in a reunion following a Wednesday report that GM Glen Sather had interest in bringing Zuccarello back.

Zuccarello, 25, must play through the end of the KHL season into March for Metalurg Magnitogorsk, where he is in the first season of a two-year contract. But the Rangers still retain Zuccarello’s rights and could lure Zuccarello away hopefully to boost their power play once the KHL season concludes.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/rangers/2013/02/mats-zuccarello-representatives-will-be-in-new-york-thursday-available-to-speak-with

metswon69
02-27-2013, 07:40 PM
Would he have to wait till the KHL playoffs are over to join the team?

runnermjr1296
02-27-2013, 07:47 PM

Funny as soon as I saw this article in the Post I thought of Sly also :)

SLY WILLIAMS
02-27-2013, 07:47 PM
Would he have to wait till the KHL playoffs are over to join the team?

Yes they will have to wait. He is playing in first round right now with series tied 2 games a piece. Their playoffs could possibly be over soon.

SLY WILLIAMS
02-27-2013, 07:48 PM
Funny as soon as I saw this article in the Post I thought of Sly also :)

I resemble that remark. :D

SLY WILLIAMS
03-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Zooks KHL team is going to a 7th playoff game.

Zooks has 2 goals and 2 assists in the first 6 playoff games as far as I can tell.

He had a game winner with 4 seconds left I believe in one game.

metswon69
03-03-2013, 01:45 PM
I know this might sound cynical but i hope his team gets bounced so the Rangers can sign him already :)

SLY WILLIAMS
03-03-2013, 01:50 PM
I know this might sound cynical but i hope his team gets bounced so the Rangers can sign him already :)

I will admit I have had some thoughts like that as well because I want him back as a Ranger soon. He has played well in the KHL playoffs. If he does not sign with the Rangers I have read that he might have ankle surgery in the summer.