PDA

View Full Version : If Harden wins a ring before...?

Dade County
02-27-2013, 02:36 AM
KD & Wild WIld West, who does it fall more on?

Of course Sam Presti will be blamed first, but focusing on the players, his X teammates; will fans and the media target Westbrook or KD (blame game).

I highly doubt Harden wins a ring in the next 5 years, but you never know.

sunsfan88
02-27-2013, 02:43 AM
KD & Wild WIld West, who does it fall more on?

Of course Sam Presti will be blamed first, but focusing on the players, his X teammates; will fans and the media target Westbrook or KD (blame game).

I highly doubt Harden wins a ring in the next 5 years, but you never know.

No, I known and Houston will not win a title before OKC.

And if they do even after OKC wins one, it will be with Harden as a likely 3rd option or maybe 2nd option. JH and his team will first have to learn to play some D though before we can start talking about winning chamionships.

Guppyfighter
02-27-2013, 04:07 AM
If the Thunder don't win one in five years (possible) Harden could win one first.

Thinking the Rockets might win one first doesn't mean it has to be right away.

JEDean89
02-27-2013, 09:57 AM
^^^ yep, what happens say OKC just doesn't have enough to get past the Heat, and the Heat win the next 2 or 3, at which point maybe one of Durant, Westbrook or Ibaka could be gone or injured. It is not impossible to think that Houston wins a chip first. I think they need Lin to play better, Parsons to turn into a fringe allstar and for Robinson to be the player he was in college. Other than that they just need time to grow, Harden could be averaging close to 30 next year.

king4day
02-27-2013, 10:20 AM

And if they do even after OKC wins one, it will be with Harden as a likely 3rd option or maybe 2nd option. JH and his team will first have to learn to play some D though before we can start talking about winning chamionships.

Add a healthy Howard and suddenly we don't know. OKC doesn't seem like a legit contender if they can't get a post scorer.

72 Wins
02-27-2013, 10:41 AM
No way Houston gets a ring before OKC, but with that said... I don't think either team is close to playing at Miami's level right now. On a side note, without looking at contracts, salaries, etc. If I was OKC, I would have rather kept Harden last year and found a way to get a more prototypical point guard in exchange for Westbrook.

koreancabbage
02-27-2013, 11:22 AM
okay. but with if they do win. thats the hypothetical being asked. If Houston got Dwight Howard in the offseason, thats a a more formidable team.

throw in a thomas robinson as well. Dwight, Robinson, Parsons, Harden, Lin is looking pretty good.

IndyRealist
02-27-2013, 11:33 AM
That's a big if, but I think it falls on Westbrook. A lot of people question his game already, and whether they should have kept Harden over him. They could have moved Ibaka and kept Harden too, but history will remember this being about Russell.

justinnum1
02-27-2013, 11:58 AM
should have amnestied perkins and kept harden, then trade westbrook later on

IgglesFanInCO
02-27-2013, 12:41 PM
If they don't win one before KD's contract is up i bet he leaves and that would give a legitimate shot for Harden to win a championship first

Still doubtful though

MrfadeawayJB
02-27-2013, 01:04 PM
It would fall on westbrook. Harden is a better compliment to Durant imo and they could have traded Westbrook for a all star pg who plays the position

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-27-2013, 01:20 PM
Harden has zero chance to win a ring the way the rockets are set up. I wouldn't be suprised if he never wins one.

NoahH
02-27-2013, 01:22 PM

Wait are you saying Houston will only win with Harden as a 2nd or 3rd option? WOW

MrfadeawayJB
02-27-2013, 01:22 PM
Harden has zero chance to win a ring the way the rockets are set up. I wouldn't be suprised if he never wins one.

there is a real possibility houston gets Dwight in the offseason. They have a bunch of cap room

DDynO
02-27-2013, 01:38 PM
He will get one before KD & Westy :). Yes, i am a homer.

NoahH
02-27-2013, 01:43 PM
If they don't win one before KD's contract is up i bet he leaves and that would give a legitimate shot for Harden to win a championship first

Still doubtful though
I doubt Durant walks

Dade County
02-27-2013, 01:53 PM
He will get one before KD & Westy :). Yes, i am a homer.

:laugh2:

I doubt Durant walks

Really? I can see him leaving if OKC doesn't win a championship before his contract is up.

I see him going to the HEAT, Knicks or Lakers.

TheNumber37
02-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Harden? WInning a chip? With Lin as his backcourt mate? Nah.

farren.louis
02-27-2013, 02:00 PM
The Houston Rockets can win a championship next year or year after. The west is getting weak . And every team can be beat. If you dont watch the rockets you wouldnt have an idea what im talking about.

Htownballa1622
02-27-2013, 02:01 PM

Of course. We're an 8 seed right now.

Going into the future they have cap space and one of the most pro-active GM's in the league.

xRipCity
02-27-2013, 02:01 PM
If James Harden ever ends up LeBron's team, I'm sold.

Otherwise, no.

Dade County
02-27-2013, 03:03 PM
Looking at the votes, and I am surprise that people will place the blame on West.

Shouldn't the GM get pointed at first for trading him... or even taking a look at KD being a leader, if this scenario ever happened of course.

sunsfan88
02-27-2013, 11:04 PM
Wait are you saying Houston will only win with Harden as a 2nd or 3rd option? WOW

Harden as a first option right now and the Rockets are barely in making the playoffs as the #8 seed. You think Harden can be #1 option on a title team?

Lets look at the past few #1 options on championship teams.

Lebron
Dirk - when he was in his prime and had maybe his best season
Kobe
Wade
Shaq

You would put Harden with those guys up there? Ha no.

Hawkeye15
02-27-2013, 11:05 PM
that would mean OKC was the Bills of the NFL...

mdm692
02-27-2013, 11:06 PM
:laugh2:

Really? I can see him leaving if OKC doesn't win a championship before his contract is up.

I see him going to the HEAT, Knicks or Lakers.
:laugh:. Someone is being optimistic for when LBJ goes back to Cleveland.

Dade County
02-28-2013, 12:02 AM
:laugh:. Someone is being optimistic for when LBJ goes back to Cleveland.

Why did you target the HEAT out of the 3 teams, I listed?

And I don't think Lbj is leaving the HEAT organization, I believe if KD doesn't resign win a ring he might join Lbj & co in south beach; but I can also see him joining the Lakers or Knicks.

Guppyfighter
02-28-2013, 12:50 AM
that would mean OKC was the Bills of the NFL...

Or the Spurs/Clippers stopped them in 2 or 3 years as well as the Heat in some others.

OceanSpray
02-28-2013, 03:12 AM
Hickson/Howard should go to Houston.

AlexanderPearce
02-28-2013, 04:14 AM
First off Harden signed right before the season started. Asik, Lin, Robinson, Delfino, D Mo, Jones, Beverley, Anderson, White, Garcia, Honeycutt, and Ohlbricht were not even on this team last year not even counting some dudes we cut or traded already. Who wins first really does not matter IMO. What matters is if the Heat can stay together with their contracts. SA, BOS, LAL, and NY will all get passed by from HOU and OKC as well as a few other teams like LAC, BKN, and IND. These are franchises that are making great decisions and on the way up. Houston will add better players and will be in the top 4 before you know it. Both HOU and OKC teams should be congradulated for the work put in from top to bottom. I truly think MIA has this year in the bag but HOU and OKC will be in the mix for years to come. The CBA kind of screwed MIA out of their "guarenteed 6 rings" per the decision. But good luck to all three of these franchises for heading in the right direction. Just hope for health and lots of championship parades for their futures.

koreancabbage
02-28-2013, 09:47 AM
Why did you target the HEAT out of the 3 teams, I listed?

And I don't think Lbj is leaving the HEAT organization, I believe if KD doesn't resign win a ring he might join Lbj & co in south beach; but I can also see him joining the Lakers or Knicks.

How so? LBJ and Durant? they can only afford 2 max contracts and then you believe Wade and Bosh will not resign.

NoahH
02-28-2013, 02:05 PM
Harden as a first option right now and the Rockets are barely in making the playoffs as the #8 seed. You think Harden can be #1 option on a title team?

Lebron
Kobe
Wade
Shaq

Actually I would

Hawkeye15
02-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Or the Spurs/Clippers stopped them in 2 or 3 years as well as the Heat in some others.

That is what I mean. It means, they were a championship caliber team that kept failing.

LongWayFromHome
02-28-2013, 03:05 PM

Lebron
Kobe
Wade
Shaq

In 05-06 and 06-07 Kobe (in what people would call his prime) only lead the Lakers to 8th seeds.

Edit: 7th seeds? They weren't good though.

Phenomenonsense
02-28-2013, 03:05 PM
You don't have to put Harden up there with Shaq/James/Kobe/Etc right now, per se, but is there a possibility his scoring prowess continues to evolve and he becomes a legit go to guy, and a #1 option? Maybe. Harden is 23, lets talk about this in 3-5 years when he's in his prime.

Guppyfighter
02-28-2013, 03:51 PM
He is already a number one option and a "legit" go to guy.

sunsfan88
03-03-2013, 02:41 AM
You don't have to put Harden up there with Shaq/James/Kobe/Etc right now, per se, but is there a possibility his scoring prowess continues to evolve and he becomes a legit go to guy, and a #1 option? Maybe. Harden is 23, lets talk about this in 3-5 years when he's in his prime.

The way I see him, he's a bit more efficient Monta Ellis that can also facilitate.

Guppyfighter
03-03-2013, 03:50 AM
The way I see him, he's a bit more efficient Monta Ellis that can also facilitate.

Harden is heads and toes better than Ellis and it is not close.