PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's defense has been a complete joke this year

zn23
02-26-2013, 02:56 AM
Before I get into Andre Miller blowing by Kobe on multiple occasions, which by the way is not a surprise if you've been watching the games this year, Kobe has played probably some of the worst defense I can remember. Kobe Bryant has to be one of the most overrated defenders of all time so It's not a total shock.

When I say overrated you have to look at how many All-NBA first team's and 2nd teams he's been selected to. 12 All-NBA defensive selections in total!! It's absurd. Don't get me wrong he played well early in his career but the last 4-5 years he's been dreadful defensively. This season he's reached a new low.

Ignore the stats for a second and I challenge you to pay attention to Kobe only on the defensive end. What you will see, besides him guarding the other teams worst player, is playing off his man at least 4-5 feet. Getting buried under screens. Every time the other team sets a screen on Kobe he's finished on that play. Because he never fights through the screen, the majority of the time he goes under all the screens even against shooters. He always switches on screens. For example if he's guarding Wade and Chalmers comes over to set a pick he'll actually force poor Steve Nash on an island against Wade and then he'll pick up Chalmers. It's ridiculous! All he does is roam on defense, hoping to get a pass go his way so he can intercept it. In the game against Portland he leaves Wesley Matthews and Batum wide open for 3's, go watch that game and look at how much separation Kobe is giving them.

Against Denver, he let 36 year old Andre Miller, blow by him at least twice for easy layups. He left Andre Iguodala open in the corner and he nailed a 3. He tried guarding Ty Lawson only to pick up a personal foul and then gave him to Nash.

It's bad enough that the Lakers have Nash getting isolated, but to have both Kobe and Nash as complete liabilities on the defensive end is simply a recipe for disaster.

Anyways I want to know does anyone else notice this? I'm not hating I'm just telling the truth, he's been non-existent on defense and as a leader of that team he sets no tone defensively and that rubs off on the other players.

4milesperday
02-26-2013, 02:57 AM
ok...i'll "ignore the stats" and just listen to your rant

shep33
02-26-2013, 02:58 AM
This guy again

zn23
02-26-2013, 02:59 AM
This guy again

Andre Miller says hi.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-26-2013, 03:01 AM
Andre Miller says hi.
What a god awful poster you are.

b@llhog24
02-26-2013, 03:03 AM
Pot meet keetle.

poleandreel
02-26-2013, 03:06 AM
LOL only Kobe fans have responded. Obviously they disagree. Will you guys ever be unbiased and impartial? Probably not. Thank god the Lakers ****ing blow ****

Rndy
02-26-2013, 03:09 AM
Their defensive system is a joke I'll never understand why they hired D'antoni instead of Jackson or Shaw. I give D'antoni another year until their paying two head coaches to sit on their coach.

ThaDubs
02-26-2013, 03:11 AM
No dude he got 2 blocks in the all-star game man watch out #kobebryantdpoy2013

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-26-2013, 03:13 AM
So Kobe at 34 years old is still supposed to be an elite defender still? Lol Kobe was tired even ill admit I've never seen Kobe worked in the post as bad as miller worked him that won't happen again, that said his defense hasn't been the same for about 3-4 years now. He can still play great defense when he wants to though btw zn23 loves to talk **** on the lakers mainly Kobe and since he's been beasting it offensively now he has to resort to trash him on defense lol pathetic

4milesperday
02-26-2013, 03:13 AM
LOL only Kobe fans have responded. Obviously they disagree. Will you guys ever be unbiased and impartial? Probably not. Thank god the Lakers ****ing blow ****

I'm no Kobe fan, and you sir, have no idea what you're talking about. Defense in the NBA is not a one man show, every good defender is more successful with a help defender. You can only force a player to a bad spot but if there's no one there to block, steal or grab rebound, then all your work is for naught.

LAKERS 24/7
02-26-2013, 03:14 AM
Yea his defense was terrible tonight. The play that stands out to me is when Andre Miller easily blew past Kobe for a layup with 4 minutes to go.

Lakers + Giants
02-26-2013, 03:20 AM
LMFAO your 1st day back since our bet and you post this. I'm going to have to bet you again.

zn23
02-26-2013, 03:20 AM
Age argument doesn't really work. Kobe's athletic enough, and knows how to play defense. The problem is he doesn't give effort on defense, and that's a problem. He played great defense on LeBron when he wanted to. The problem is he never plays at a consistent level. I'm not saying play all out every single play and pick up full court. But c'mon Andre Miller should not be able to get lay-ups on you, especially if you are considered one of the best in the game and a 12 time all-defensive selection.

mngopher35
02-26-2013, 03:22 AM
Kobe gambles too often and isn't the best rotational or help defender. He can however play lockdown defense still when needed (he has looked good to me when its clear he is trying to shut down the other teams best guard). Sure his defense is just average or below now but he was a very good defender in his prime. Just because he isn't playing great d in his 17th season or because he got a couple extra awards late in his career doesn't mean hes an overrated defender in his prime, and he hasn't been "dreadful" on D for 4-5 years that's ridiculous.

mdm692
02-26-2013, 03:22 AM
Do you use lube every time you're on Kobe's nuts or are you used to it by now? I'm guessing it's muscle memory kinda like "the hot hand".

ThaDubs
02-26-2013, 03:23 AM

Yeah it's not the Lakers fans that are bad it's the Kobe fans. The ones who care more about Kobe than the team and that small percentage of care is only existent because Kobe happens to be on the team. Then there are the better ones who care 100% about the team and also enjoy Kobe because he's on the team they love. I know a lot of terrific people who are Lakers fans. It's just the annoying skinny kids who where Black Mamba shirts with inside out double-socked elites that piss people off. One of my best friends is a Lakers fan who is actually from Pasadena. I've never known a Kobe fan who I've liked.

But yeah you don't have to be a huge *** just because of how a few people act on the internet. Besides, this was a completely stupid thread as it is.

ThaDubs
02-26-2013, 03:26 AM
LMFAO your 1st day back since our bet and you post this. I'm going to have to bet you again.

Lol what was the bet?

zn23
02-26-2013, 03:28 AM
Lol what was the bet?

Lakers beat the Celtics. I picked Celtics.

shep33
02-26-2013, 03:28 AM
Kobe's defense off ball has been bad to say the least. But he's still a very good one-on-one defender despite his mileage.

Anyways, he's having a beast year still. The OP is a notorious kobe/Laker troll. I love how he doesn't mention the Lakers getting pounded on the glass most of the game, or the 12 first half turnovers, or transition points, or 80 points in the paint, or 17 missed freethrows... yet the blame goes one guy.

I still have no idea who this guy cheers for in the NBA.

zn23
02-26-2013, 03:29 AM
Kobe's defense off ball has been bad to say the least. But he's still a very good one-on-one defender despite his mileage.

Anyways, he's having a beast year still. The OP is a notorious kobe/Laker Truth teller.

Fixed.

Kobe's been a one-way player all year. Playing well on offense, and really not doing anything on defense.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-26-2013, 03:30 AM
In Kobes defense, his feet were nailed to the floor when 87 year old Miller blew past him. So you can't completely blame him....

Rndy
02-26-2013, 03:32 AM
Shame Kobe makes so much ****ing money if he played in Chicago under Thibs scheme nobody would even notice his defensive woes. Thibs defense is very easy on back court players. Tmac, Rondo, Allen, Watson, Korver, Rip, Belli makes their defense look good when their man on man defense really isn't great.

shep33
02-26-2013, 03:35 AM
Fixed.

Kobe's been a one-way player all year. Playing well on offense, and really not doing anything on defense.

Mostly I'd agree, but he's not the problem for us on defense. Yeah he gambles a lot, but you also have to realize that for a good chunk this year he guarded the opposing team's point guard since Nash can't guard anyone. Add into his responsibility on offense. We tried working the P&R with Nash and Howard, it's been a miserable failure. When we slow it down and let Kobe dictate, we're far better, hence the 11-4 run we went on.

People also seem to forget that Pau has been injured and has had the worst season of his career under D'antoni... Dwight is not Dwight yet, his health is just not there. Nash is Nash, efficient offensively, yet defensively not very reliable... no bench (26th in scoring I believe), terrible coach...

Lot of reasons why the Lakers have sucked this year, Kobe deserves some blame of course, but its by far the least out of anyone on our team.

shep33
02-26-2013, 03:36 AM
Shame Kobe makes so much ****ing money if he played in Chicago under Thibs scheme nobody would even notice his defensive woes. Thibs defense is very easy on back court players. Tmac, Rondo, Allen, Watson, Korver, Rip, Belli makes their defense look good when their man on man defense really isn't great.

I would trade my unborn children for Thibs to coach us.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-26-2013, 03:37 AM
I wish PHX-SOX FAN, WADE> KOBE, Dnewguy, Greg Oden#1 and countless others were still here to see zn23 in action. They would be so proud. They could all have a big circle jerk around a Kobe poster.

zn23
02-26-2013, 03:38 AM
I wish PHX-SOX FAN, WADE> KOBE, Dnewguy, Greg Oden#1 and countless others were still here to see zn23 in action. They would be so proud. They could all have a big circle jerk around a Kobe poster.

yea too bad huh....

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-26-2013, 03:40 AM
yea too bad huh....

You would have loved them. You actually might be one of them. All your post are identical.

shep33
02-26-2013, 03:41 AM
This thread has gone nowhere somewhat quickly

mdm692
02-26-2013, 03:43 AM
This thread has gone nowhere somewhat quickly
Have you seen who the op is? What do you expect?

Raps08-09 Champ
02-26-2013, 03:46 AM

Was this suppose to be funny?

AnthonyTyrael
02-26-2013, 09:16 AM
One on one he's still pain in the *** to most opponents, if he cares about defense and he can make their lives hard, get tons of steals and create in succession quiet some fastbreak opportunities but talking about his defense as part of a regular team defense, not even tlaking about a zone, or whatever, just guarding space not an opponent, he's damn bad this year but Dwight most often isn't the anchor and he's (Kobe) left alone, so he's always a step too late or at the wrong place which leads to easy buckets. Lakers defense is chaotic. Unstructured. Not existing.... quiet often. This will break their neck, not how bad they fit together offensively yet.

When Kobe took over on defense and guarded the opponents best player, it worked for the Lakers. Still, since he was bound to the defense, he had horrible shooting percentages day in and out, on back to back games mainly (his age weights in here too) and Lakers still lost most games. BUT whatever you say about Kobe, he tries to do whatever it takes them to win games, capable or not, even dropped his season scoring average down by 4 within just a few games, but his teammates should ask themselves what are they doing to make the Lakers win (games, series and titles)?

tdg823
02-26-2013, 09:23 AM
I haven't noticed it as much lately, but first ahlf of the year I was flabbergasted at how often Kobe looked lazy and disinterested on defense. Don't know what his deal is, that's not like him. I wondered at the time if maybe he was pacing himself? If so it's not working out so well....

BULLSFAN0810
02-26-2013, 09:35 AM
Before I get into Andre Miller blowing by Kobe on multiple occasions, which by the way is not a surprise if you've been watching the games this year, Kobe has played probably some of the worst defense I can remember. Kobe Bryant has to be one of the most overrated defenders of all time so It's not a total shock.

When I say overrated you have to look at how many All-NBA first team's and 2nd teams he's been selected to. 12 All-NBA defensive selections in total!! It's absurd. Don't get me wrong he played well early in his career but the last 4-5 years he's been dreadful defensively. This season he's reached a new low.

Ignore the stats for a second and I challenge you to pay attention to Kobe only on the defensive end. What you will see, besides him guarding the other teams worst player, is playing off his man at least 4-5 feet. Getting buried under screens. Every time the other team sets a screen on Kobe he's finished on that play. Because he never fights through the screen, the majority of the time he goes under all the screens even against shooters. He always switches on screens. For example if he's guarding Wade and Chalmers comes over to set a pick he'll actually force poor Steve Nash on an island against Wade and then he'll pick up Chalmers. It's ridiculous! All he does is roam on defense, hoping to get a pass go his way so he can intercept it. In the game against Portland he leaves Wesley Matthews and Batum wide open for 3's, go watch that game and look at how much separation Kobe is giving them.

Against Denver, he let 36 year old Andre Miller, blow by him at least twice for easy layups. He left Andre Iguodala open in the corner and he nailed a 3. He tried guarding Ty Lawson only to pick up a personal foul and then gave him to Nash.

It's bad enough that the Lakers have Nash getting isolated, but to have both Kobe and Nash as complete liabilities on the defensive end is simply a recipe for disaster.

Anyways I want to know does anyone else notice this? I'm not hating I'm just telling the truth, he's been non-existent on defense and as a leader of that team he sets no tone defensively and that rubs off on the other players.

kobe has been a great defender and now he is old. just like mj got old and wasnt a defensive juggernaut as he once was. imo you bringing this up is lame. bruce bowen who was a great defender got old and couldnt guard anymore. it happens. ty lawson was supose to blow past him or whoever the dude is 5'10 and quick. very few ppl can iso guard him. kobe leaving AI open was a calculated risk. AI cant shoot. he hit the shot.thats why they got Howard to erase flaws kobe and nash have,as well as others. so whatever youre saying isnt smart or insightful,it sounds like kobe hate. kobe is the best until he retires,suck it up.

Sly Guy
02-26-2013, 09:48 AM

please do. This guy has me :facepalm:ing all over the ****in place.

BKLYNpigeon
02-26-2013, 09:55 AM
This poster is a complete Joke. what a waste of a thread.

DumDum
02-26-2013, 10:02 AM
since when does kobe play D ?

Money_23
02-26-2013, 11:20 AM
so because he is no longer able to play elite on both ends of the floor at the age of 34, he is suddenly the "most overrated of all time." :laugh2:

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-26-2013, 12:51 PM

Anyways, he's having a beast year still. The OP is a notorious kobe/Laker troll. I love how he doesn't mention the Lakers getting pounded on the glass most of the game, or the 12 first half turnovers, or transition points, or 80 points in the paint, or 17 missed freethrows... yet the blame goes one guy.

I still have no idea who this guy cheers for in the NBA.

Good post. Zn23 is a Lebron chode rider btw shep.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-26-2013, 12:53 PM

You're a terrible poster. Also, Your sig is bad ***! Where can i get those shoes?

Blitzbolt
02-26-2013, 01:28 PM
He keeps taking Tony Allen's spot for first teal all defensive and that's what anger me the most.

b@llhog24
02-26-2013, 01:30 PM
He'll probably still make the All Defensive team though. He'll come up with 2 or 3 defensive performances late in the season and secure his spot.

Stinkyoutsider
02-26-2013, 01:45 PM
I honestly think Kobe is pacing himself the best that he can. Trying to save his energy for the offensive side of the ball, where they need his playmaking and shot creating the most.

I think he still has the skills to be a great defender, but I don't think it's on his mind to do so. Otherwise, if he was focused on it, he would be great still.

I think the minutes he's playing, his age, and scheme has a little to do with it but I think it's mainly because of his mindset. That and Howard protecting the rim probably has Kobe thinking he can slack a little bit defensively and be ok.

zn23
02-26-2013, 02:29 PM
I honestly think Kobe is pacing himself the best that he can. Trying to save his energy for the offensive side of the ball, where they need his playmaking and shot creating the most.

I think he still has the skills to be a great defender, but I don't think it's on his mind to do so. Otherwise, if he was focused on it, he would be great still.

I think the minutes he's playing, his age, and scheme has a little to do with it but I think it's mainly because of his mindset. That and Howard protecting the rim probably has Kobe thinking he can slack a little bit defensively and be ok.

The Lakers don't need Kobe to give all of his effort on offense. An offense run through Steve Nash and Dwight Howard has proven effective at times during the season. Check the Phoenix game where Kobe was 1-8, 8 turnovers, and Steve Nash and Dwight saved them.

They need Kobe to step up defensively on the perimeter. He needs to close out on shooters better. Play better help defense and fight through screens. If he picks up his defensive effort the rest of the team will.

Also to address 'the overrated defender' issue. If you keep making All-NBA defensive teams playing the way Kobe has been playing and taking up spots over Tony Allen and Paul George, then yes you are overrated.

Kobe's last 4-5 ALL-NBA defensive team selections were a joke. There is no way he deserved them. Like I said when he wants to play defense, he can. He was a very good defender when he was younger. He can still be effective at this age as well.

Hitman 3:16
02-26-2013, 02:40 PM
The Lakers don't need Kobe to give all of his effort on offense. An offense run through Steve Nash and Dwight Howard has proven effective at times during the season. Check the Phoenix game where Kobe was 1-8, 8 turnovers, and Steve Nash and Dwight saved them.

Again, you are vastly misinformed and you do not watch any of the games that the Los Angeles Lakers play.

Referring to the PHX game, yes Bryant had a poor shooting and high-turnover game, and yes Nash and Howard shined in that game, but really, up to this date, that is maybe the only game that those 2 have "saved" Bryant. You fail to mention that in that PHX game, Bryant still had 9 assists.

And as far as having the offense run through Nash and Howard, that is probably the worst options for the Lakers if you've watched any of the games this season.

Nash is no longer the PHX Nash, and he is still very high turnover prone. Last night, he had 6 turnovers which all led to Denver fast breaks. He also can't handle ball pressure and double teams the way he used to.

Howard on the other hand hasn't had his timing down all season, is very limited in the post, doesn't "roll as hard" in the pick-and-roll, which has been nonexistent and ineffective up to the point (sparing the last 3-4 games), and gets the ball stripped down low 90% of the time, and he when he does get the ball in good scoring positions, he gets fouled and is only converting on an abysmal 48.5% clip from the charity stripe.

So before you go out and make nonsensical statements, first let me know that you actually watch the games and understand the nuances of each player's deficiency on both offense and defense and how that hurts the entire team in the thick of things.

Singling out one guy like you have the habit of doing so makes you lack credibility in any argument.

MaloDaw9
02-26-2013, 03:41 PM
Not zn23 again..........................................:fa cepalm:

MaloDaw9
02-26-2013, 03:43 PM

dum dum...............sounds about right

Redskins10
02-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I just finished reading Phil Jackson's book and he mentioned how Kobe's defense has regressed. He talked about how Kobe's all defensive nods were based on rep rather than skill... The book was written in 2004 LOL.

Bruno
02-26-2013, 04:25 PM
i disagree, his D has been good.

best that it has been since 2009 or 2010.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Again, you are vastly misinformed and you do not watch any of the games that the Los Angeles Lakers play.

Referring to the PHX game, yes Bryant had a poor shooting and high-turnover game, and yes Nash and Howard shined in that game, but really, up to this date, that is maybe the only game that those 2 have "saved" Bryant. You fail to mention that in that PHX game, Bryant still had 9 assists.

And as far as having the offense run through Nash and Howard, that is probably the worst options for the Lakers if you've watched any of the games this season.

Nash is no longer the PHX Nash, and he is still very high turnover prone. Last night, he had 6 turnovers which all led to Denver fast breaks. He also can't handle ball pressure and double teams the way he used to.

Howard on the other hand hasn't had his timing down all season, is very limited in the post, doesn't "roll as hard" in the pick-and-roll, which has been nonexistent and ineffective up to the point (sparing the last 3-4 games), and gets the ball stripped down low 90% of the time, and he when he does get the ball in good scoring positions, he gets fouled and is only converting on an abysmal 48.5% clip from the charity stripe.

So before you go out and make nonsensical statements, first let me know that you actually watch the games and understand the nuances of each player's deficiency on both offense and defense and how that hurts the entire team in the thick of things.

Singling out one guy like you have the habit of doing so makes you lack credibility in any argument.
:clap:

Lakers + Giants
02-26-2013, 04:50 PM
i disagree, his D has been good.

best that it has been since 2009 or 2010.

I hope your are kidding.

CityofTreez
02-26-2013, 04:57 PM
So Kobe at 34 years old is still supposed to be an elite defender still? Lol Kobe was tired even ill admit I've never seen Kobe worked in the post as bad as miller worked him that won't happen again, that said his defense hasn't been the same for about 3-4 years now. He can still play great defense when he wants to though btw zn23 loves to talk **** on the lakers mainly Kobe and since he's been beasting it offensively now he has to resort to trash him on defense lol pathetic

lol.....yes it will

jchase3
02-26-2013, 05:08 PM
another hater

rocketfuel
02-26-2013, 05:48 PM
Maybe he needs Phil Jackson. Jackson was always great at motivating his guys to playing great fundamental basketball. Never understood the coaching hire when you assemble a team with four stars.

pippsux
02-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Kobe is old.....plain and simple......17 yrs constantly in the playoffs at a high level?.....cut him some slack.

DumDum
02-26-2013, 06:20 PM
dum dum...............sounds about right

that's all you got lol

DumDum
02-26-2013, 06:21 PM
Kobe is old.....plain and simple......17 yrs constantly in the playoffs at a high level?.....cut him some slack.

he was a bench rider for his first four years so more like 13 ish

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-26-2013, 06:35 PM
he was a bench rider for his first four years so more like 13 ish

First four years? :facepalm:

DumDum
02-26-2013, 06:38 PM
First four years? :facepalm:

he sure didn't start

Hitman 3:16
02-26-2013, 08:28 PM
he sure didn't start

Misinformed.

He didn't start the first 2 yrs. Not 4.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-26-2013, 08:45 PM
he sure didn't start

:facepalm: Kobe was a starter in his 3rd year.

AIRMAR72
02-26-2013, 08:49 PM

Anyways I want to know does anyone else notice this? I'm not hating I'm just telling the truth, he's been non-existent on defense and as a leader of that team he sets no tone defensively and that rubs off on the other players.its been that way for kobe since 2006 but he still makes 1st team all defense

tredigs
02-26-2013, 09:04 PM
Kobe has never had a good defensive RAPM rating, and 90% of the years it has been a negative rating. That stat is VERY telling of the true defensive impact of the glorious 12 time defensive team member. Game in/out he is not a good defender, and he never has been.

http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/

zn23
02-26-2013, 09:13 PM
Kobe has never had a good defensive RAPM rating, and 90% of the years it has been a negative rating. That stat is VERY telling of the true defensive impact of the glorious 12 time defensive team member. Game in/out he is not a good defender, and he never has been.

http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/

Just what I was looking for, thanks!

GetShrutedOn
02-27-2013, 12:08 AM
This is why the NBA forum is a joke. Buncha tools in here.

SoFreshNsoClean
02-27-2013, 12:27 AM

Glad someone finally said this...

SoFreshNsoClean
02-27-2013, 12:29 AM
Yeah it's not the Lakers fans that are bad it's the Kobe fans. The ones who care more about Kobe than the team and that small percentage of care is only existent because Kobe happens to be on the team. Then there are the better ones who care 100% about the team and also enjoy Kobe because he's on the team they love. I know a lot of terrific people who are Lakers fans. It's just the annoying skinny kids who where Black Mamba shirts with inside out double-socked elites that piss people off. One of my best friends is a Lakers fan who is actually from Pasadena. I've never known a Kobe fan who I've liked.

But yeah you don't have to be a huge *** just because of how a few people act on the internet. Besides, this was a completely stupid thread as it is.

Agree....

One of the most annoying (no I take that back THE most annoying) fan I ever met was a Laker fan. Come to find out hes really more of a Kobe fan then a Laker fan but I just had to laugh at that....

DumDum
02-27-2013, 12:38 AM
popcorn

ThaDubs
02-27-2013, 12:50 AM
Is this just going to turn into Wade still the best SG 2.0?
Wade's defense laughs in the face of Kobes. This isn't even a discussion.

MaloDaw9
02-27-2013, 12:50 AM
that's all you got lol

What else do i have to say? You are your own worst enemy.. You'll do the rest yourself.

DumDum
02-27-2013, 12:52 AM
:facepalm: Kobe was a starter in his 3rd year.

at the end of the day does it matter not like he's a top 10 player all time anyway

MaloDaw9
02-27-2013, 12:55 AM
at the end of the day does it mater not like he's a top 10 player all time anyway

HaHa!!

Thank you dumdum.. for being you.

CityofChaos
02-27-2013, 01:04 AM
Kobe STILL plays with as much passion and will to win at his age compared to Dwight.

mdm692
02-27-2013, 01:12 AM
at the end of the day does it mater not like he's a top 10 player all time anyway

You are a complete idiot and probably zn23's lover since you guys share the same passion, a hatred for Kobe.

MaloDaw9
02-27-2013, 01:16 AM
Kobe STILL plays with as much passion and will to win at his age compared to Dwight.

These idiots dont understand.

Real Laker fans love Kobe for the blood,sweat and tears. Always playing hurt, Always being able to count on him to show up. No matter what regardless of pain and injury in a day where guys miss 5 games for a mild ankle sprain.

Real Laker fans love Kobe because he's a gamer,a fighter..a warrior who has put it on the line for 17 years of our entertainment. He's a winner..a champion. A living legend.

If you cant appreciate that your just as clueless and gutless as ThaDubs and DumDum

AIRMAR72
02-27-2013, 01:39 AM

CORRECT!!! and people(former players) outside the media KNOWS this kobe is NOT top10 at all but you know the kobe pop lickers quick cry-out 6rings

MaloDaw9
02-27-2013, 01:41 AM
CORRECT!!! and people(former players) outside the media KNOWS this kobe is NOT top10 at all but you know the kobe pop lickers quick cry-out 6rings

Try english next time it will read better.

DumDum
02-27-2013, 01:43 AM
No dude he got 2 blocks in the all-star game man watch out #kobebryantdpoy2013

Lakers fans are crazy

zn23
03-06-2013, 01:18 AM
I hope this game proved it. Switching on screens. Not paying attention to his assignment. Letting Westbrook completely embarrass him on nearly every possession. At one point Jodie Meeks had to guard him. Seriously if he makes any of the All-NBA defensive teams, there needs to be a petition to get rid of the award.

magic0320
03-06-2013, 01:25 AM
I hope this game proved it. Switching on screens. Not paying attention to his assignment. Letting Westbrook completely embarrass him on nearly every possession. At one point Jodie Meeks had to guard him. Seriously if he makes any of the All-NBA defensive teams, there needs to be a petition to get rid of the award.

haha u mad bro? no one asked you and everyone has one or two bad games. kobe is still great defender....even only with one arm

LoveMeOrHateMe
03-06-2013, 02:12 AM

Get off Kobe's dick already your riding him more then Kobe fans do

canefandynasty
03-06-2013, 02:21 AM
Watch Kobe get yet another undeserved 1st team all defense this season.

terp10
03-06-2013, 02:27 AM
Watch Kobe get yet another undeserved 1st team all defense this season.

and watch you all cry about it as usual.

can't win for him to win his record 10th first team all defense, which would be the most in history in believe. Lol kobe keeps these haters mad, 17 years still

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-06-2013, 02:39 AM
I don't think Kobe deserves any defensive award at all but I hope he gets defensive player of the year just to see you guys bust your tear ducts crying about it. Get over it kiddies. Those all defensive team awards mean jack $h1t. I doubt Kobe even knows he's been on them. You guys care more than he does lol

Sactown
03-06-2013, 02:44 AM
I don't think Kobe deserves any defensive award at all but I hope he gets defensive player of the year just to see you guys bust your tear ducts crying about it. Get over it kiddies. Those all defensive team awards mean jack $h1t. I doubt Kobe even knows he's been on them. You guys care more than he does lol

This, it's a meaningless award, especially since it's a name game. It would be nice to recognize some of the defensive talent in the league, but hell, it's not that big of a deal :sigh: . It's not like Kobe not being an elite defender anymore is going to hurt his all time ranking lol.. He's still in that 7-11 range and it's not like Kobe is the only player who's probably going to get it and not deserve it... Look at the constant elite talent that gets unnoticed.

Guppyfighter
03-06-2013, 03:42 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/752/464/WestbrookCrossover_original.gif?1362544350

Kobe's elite defense.

zn23
03-06-2013, 04:11 AM
Thanks for that gif!

DumDum
03-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Op should change the name of this thread to "kobe is a joke this year"

DumDum
03-06-2013, 06:09 AM
These idiots dont understand.

Real Laker fans love Kobe for the blood,sweat and tears. Always playing hurt, Always being able to count on him to show up. No matter what regardless of pain and injury in a day where guys miss 5 games for a mild ankle sprain.

Real Laker fans love Kobe because he's a gamer,a fighter..a warrior who has put it on the line for 17 years of our entertainment. He's a winner..a champion. A living legend.

If you cant appreciate that your just as clueless and gutless as ThaDubs and DumDum

no your the lakes fan your the one who clueless my friend.