PDA

View Full Version : "Somethings Wrong" With OKC

Rivera
02-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Watching stepehen a smith today on first take

He had a complete change of thought even after the thunders blow out win over chicago last night

SAS kept saying "somethings missing" with this team and there not "happy" as they have been in previous years and he points out harden and how kd and westy miss him and feel like a part of them are missing

His tune changed about russell as well. SAS has been a russell westbrook supporter from day 1 and has changed his tune to he doesnt know what gets into westbrook sometimes and admits hes a SG who playing pg.

He also points out that okc doesnt run plays and kd has to work harder for his baskets

He still believes in russy but recognizes the flaws in his game and he says mo cheeks (okc assisant) is one of the smartest pgs in nba history and if he hasnt gotten to westbrook no one will

Do you agree with SAS that there is "something missing" with OKC? Or is he just speaking just to speak?

HouRealCoach
02-25-2013, 02:01 PM
Not sure why he said that but he only supports Westbrook because it's part of the plan he & Skip has... Whoever Skip loves he hates (EX: Tebow, Splitter, Westbrook, Pacman), Whoever he hates SAS loves (EX: LeBron, Floyd)

No one in this forum really takes anything either of them say too serious

shep33
02-25-2013, 02:07 PM
They're solid. That being said, I think they'll miss Harden in the WCF and Finals (if they make it). He's a superstar. That's a legit big 3 which had great chemistry.

Dade County
02-25-2013, 02:09 PM
I seen this too...

I don't think their is anythong wrong with OKC, but that Harden trade will be the result of KD not resigning with OKC ( if KD can't win a ring... but I have been saying this )

The thunder should have kept harden and traded away perkins; and it's not my money, but the ownership should have went into the tax for Harden ( but thats easy for me to say ), but this move cost them KD.

LakersIn5
02-25-2013, 02:10 PM
okc is missing lebron

D-Leethal
02-25-2013, 02:11 PM
He made some pretty good points. The comraderie isn't the same. It was almost like Harden was the perfect piece to make the Westbrook-Durant dynamic mesh chemistry wise oth on the court and in the lockeroom. Those little intricate details can hold a team back from true championship greatness.

2-ONE-5
02-25-2013, 02:14 PM
i love how the last 2 years people keep saying Westbrook is a problem, etc. yet the Thunder were in the Finals last year and are very likely on their way back this year with 2nd best record in the league. But yea he is a big problem...

D-Leethal
02-25-2013, 02:19 PM
i love how the last 2 years people keep saying Westbrook is a problem, etc. yet the Thunder were in the Finals last year and are very likely on their way back this year with 2nd best record in the league. But yea he is a big problem...

Your looking at it wrong. Obviously hes a tremendous talent and they are nowhere near championship caliber without him, but his mental approach IMO will hold them back every year from reaching the pinnacle until he changes it or they trade him. Its sort of a Catch 22 because you need a certain talent level and a certain IQ level as a team to win a championship there. Westbrook is a huge reason they reach that championship talent level and-then-some but hes also THE reason that IQ more likely than not will not be sufficient to sustain championship level play throughout 4 rounds of the playoffs. You saw that represent itself to a tee in the finals, dude drops 43 and subsequently makes the bonehead play at the end that cost them the game.

When people say that, they are basically saying if you swapped Westbrook 2013 for Westbrook 2013 with a brain, OKC would have a much better shot to win it all. Its hard on fans when all the talent is there but things perfectly under their control like decision making holds them back from hitting that apex.

JiffyMix88
02-25-2013, 02:33 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD I wish I could give my opinion on national tv so people could talk about what I said all day even if what I said doesn't amount to anything or doesn't show any evidence to back it or just me trying to make a story out of nothing.

2-ONE-5
02-25-2013, 02:38 PM
He wasnt the only problem in the finals, Harden really struggled in it. It was a learning experience for all of them

Carey
02-25-2013, 03:03 PM
The team is 41 and 15, let me start with that. I think this mostly comes down to a few things...

-Harden is a stud, you cant replace that
-Subpar effort defensively over the last few weeks
-Figuring out how to use Kevin Martin
-Drop off from 9th and 10th players in the rotation

Presti did an excellent job stocking us for the future but we were a bit lacking at the end of the rotation because Lamb and PJ3 arent ready yet. You couple that with losing Harden's playmaking and the bench production has been down. I think now with Brewer and Fisher it gives us a couple more vets and it seems the team is ready to buckle back down defensively.

It's obviously a bit of a transition but when PJ3 and Lamb are ready to be rotation players and you blend them with KD, Russ, Ibaka, etc. we are gonna be lethal on offense and even more difficult to guard and all the draft picks we have can pretty much be packaged to get our center of the future. Obviously loosing Harden was a blow but we stand to be a much more well rounded team in time. Just gonna take some time, but 41 and 15 while we're waiting aint bad. Especially with the chance for more with the new vets.

Rivera
02-25-2013, 03:20 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD I wish I could give my opinion on national tv so people could talk about what I said all day even if what I said doesn't amount to anything or doesn't show any evidence to back it or just me trying to make a story out of nothing.

You can give your opinion on psd and have people talk about it so what you said doesn't amount to nothing. no one is stopping you just click the post a new thread icon make a title about what you want to discuss or make up a story about provide some facts then hit submit

shep33
02-25-2013, 03:37 PM
Presti did a good job in terms of looking towards the future... but I mean, shouldn't Russy, KD and Harden be your future anyways? All are young studs.

SluggeR
02-25-2013, 03:54 PM
The only thing that's keeping OKC from winning a championship, is that they don't take advantage of the depth & talent they have in the post. There is not enough effort to utilize their bigs day-in & day-out and through 4-quarters. They should have "molly-hopped" the heat in the paint last year, but Durant & Westbrook were too busy trying to out "lebron & Wade", Lebron & Wade. I can't be the only one that sees this. Post dominance is like finding a unicorn these days..

todu82
02-25-2013, 04:01 PM
The Thunder are 41 and 15, don't see anything being wrong with this team.

Blitzbolt
02-25-2013, 04:15 PM
FTs and 1 on 1 basketball won't beat the HEAT is that simple.OKC has the worst playbook in the NBA they don't run plays thats why they turn it over so much.

IKnowHoops
02-25-2013, 04:18 PM
The team is 41 and 15, let me start with that. I think this mostly comes down to a few things...

-Harden is a stud, you cant replace that
-Subpar effort defensively over the last few weeks
-Figuring out how to use Kevin Martin
-Drop off from 9th and 10th players in the rotation

Presti did an excellent job stocking us for the future but we were a bit lacking at the end of the rotation because Lamb and PJ3 arent ready yet. You couple that with losing Harden's playmaking and the bench production has been down. I think now with Brewer and Fisher it gives us a couple more vets and it seems the team is ready to buckle back down defensively.

It's obviously a bit of a transition but when PJ3 and Lamb are ready to be rotation players and you blend them with KD, Russ, Ibaka, etc. we are gonna be lethal on offense and even more difficult to guard and all the draft picks we have can pretty much be packaged to get our center of the future. Obviously loosing Harden was a blow but we stand to be a much more well rounded team in time. Just gonna take some time, but 41 and 15 while we're waiting aint bad. Especially with the chance for more with the new vets.

So your saying, your cool with waiting four years to get to the point you were last year? OKC never should of got rid of Harden. I would of just road with those three for the rest of there careers. Its very rare that you can get three guys of that caliber on the same team. I would of gotten rid of Ibaka and Perkins before I got rid of Harden. They would of been a great 123, and then just piece in guys like the Heat. After the Heats run is over, there run would pick right back up depending on what Lebron does of course. But they would of been at least the 2nd best team in the NBA for the next 7 years.

Bad move, thats almost as bad as drafting Oden over Durant.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
02-25-2013, 04:25 PM
I know it's a different sport, and maybe someone more familiar with okc can give me a better perspective, but this feels a lot like the Stephen Strasburg drama last year, in the sense that it seems to be a much bigger deal outside the actual organization/fan base itself.

Stephen A. may or may not feel that way, but I only care about how the team is reacting. Based on wins and losses they are right at the level they were last year, with a better avg. win margin. So I would say that the only thing that is "wrong" for them is that the Heat are better than they were last year. I like the edge they have this year, and if they make it to the finals, they are gonna need it.

Oldmantrash
02-25-2013, 04:42 PM
The NBA season is long, and strenuous every team in the league go through stretches when they look bad.

I'll judge then come playoff time.

king4day
02-25-2013, 04:58 PM
They need a bigman who can score like KG. Martin isn't a huge drop off from Harden.

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-25-2013, 05:08 PM
They need a bigman who can score like KG. Martin isn't a huge drop off from Harden.

Yes he is. James Harden was the X factor in last years WCF. Without him they don't get past my Spurs, and i'll go as far as say they won't get past them this year (if they meet up). Kevin Martin is a fine player and can light it up, but he can't create his own shot (and for others) like Harden could. You could count on Harden to take over when either Shitbrick or Kd were struggling.

poleandreel
02-25-2013, 05:37 PM
Yes he is. James Harden was the X factor in last years WCF. Without him they don't get past my Spurs, and i'll go as far as say they won't get past them this year (if they meet up). Kevin Martin is a fine player and can light it up, but he can't create his own shot (and for others) like Harden could. You could count on Harden to take over when either Shitbrick or Kd were struggling.

that's incredibly mature of you. I will gladly take note of your opinion after you so childishly make the stupidest joke ever.

bholly
02-25-2013, 05:48 PM
stephen a smith

Or is he just speaking just to speak?

stephen a smith

stephen a smith

stephen a smith

stephen a smith

Freakazoid
02-25-2013, 05:49 PM

Martin isn't the player maker that Harden is. This is what made OKC's bench so dynamic and unpredictable.

Knick_Fever
02-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Watching stepehen a smith today on first take

He had a complete change of thought even after the thunders blow out win over chicago last night

SAS kept saying "somethings missing" with this team and there not "happy" as they have been in previous years and he points out harden and how kd and westy miss him and feel like a part of them are missing

His tune changed about russell as well. SAS has been a russell westbrook supporter from day 1 and has changed his tune to he doesnt know what gets into westbrook sometimes and admits hes a SG who playing pg.

He also points out that okc doesnt run plays and kd has to work harder for his baskets

He still believes in russy but recognizes the flaws in his game and he says mo cheeks (okc assisant) is one of the smartest pgs in nba history and if he hasnt gotten to westbrook no one will

Do you agree with SAS that there is "something missing" with OKC? Or is he just speaking just to speak?

Im glad someone finally came out with this thread. I definitely agree that there is something missing with this team and I think its more about westbrook and his character, which I believe hinders that "extra gear" the team needs to switch to against the heat. He rubs his teammates off the wrong way, its kinda like having stephon marbury on a team, paired with durant. He hasnt matured and it shows, even when they win. People think this team has chemistry, but it has more to do with Durant's greatness in getting them the w's. Bottom line is they traded the wrong guy. Harden is a far better, and superior facilitator than westbrook. He is more consistent, more efficient, and more level-headed player than westbrook. No way Thunder beat the Heat this year, if they get that far. In fact and if they do, I think this time the Heat sweep them.

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-25-2013, 06:09 PM
that's incredibly mature of you. I will gladly take note of your opinion after you so childishly make the stupidest joke ever.

:cry: Seems like you're a little *** hurt.

As an OKC fan, **** THIS. I'd give up Russell and Ibaka just to have Harden back to pair him with Durant. It's clear that Harden + Durant with no westbrook would have been the best Duo in recent memory. Insane efficiency and great scoring/playmaking. ****KKKKKKKKKKKKKKK ****KKKKKKKKKKKKKK ****KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK ****KKKKKKKKKKKKKK

:laugh:

tp13baby
02-25-2013, 06:13 PM
They are fine without him. They still are going to the WCF. KD will be in OKC for his entire career.

justinnum1
02-25-2013, 06:16 PM
they will still be in the WCF with the spurs. Spurs are ****ing scary

Alayla
02-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Westbrook the Ultimate NBA scapegoat.

Rivera
02-25-2013, 06:20 PM
But WCF isn't Good enough for the thunder who are proven contenders

WCF is a failed season

I bet if you ask okc if they made the finals again and lost most of not all okc players would tell you this season was a failure

Anything short of a championship for this thunder team is a failure and hey will tell you that

So going to the WCF isn't good enough

Carey
02-25-2013, 06:31 PM
So your saying, your cool with waiting four years to get to the point you were last year? OKC never should of got rid of Harden. I would of just road with those three for the rest of there careers. Its very rare that you can get three guys of that caliber on the same team. I would of gotten rid of Ibaka and Perkins before I got rid of Harden. They would of been a great 123, and then just piece in guys like the Heat. After the Heats run is over, there run would pick right back up depending on what Lebron does of course. But they would of been at least the 2nd best team in the NBA for the next 7 years.

Bad move, thats almost as bad as drafting Oden over Durant.

The Harden thing was more then money, it was role, starting, shots, etc. We had been negotiating with him and Ibaka for months and they got the Ibaka deal done first will Harden stalled things and seemed more concerned with trying to get to the deadline and see if he could get the Thunder to cave. I love Harden but at the end of the day he was the one that went out of his way and said he was gonna sacrifice to keep the team together and in the end 54 million for 4 years wasnt good enough. He got his 80 million and a feature role and we got a great package in return to move forward with, a package we wouldnt have got if we waited.

I dont understand where your 4 years from being as good as last year statement is coming from? Martin isnt nearly as dynamic as Harden but gives us sorely needed shooting. Ibaka came back better, Reggie Jackson came back better, So did Russ and KD. And once Lamb and PJ3 are ready to enter the rotation your talking two starting caliber talents off the bench that have skills sets to be double figure NBA scorers. We are on the short list to win it all and plan on that being a regular thing as opposed to being the occasional front runner. We're talking about a 41 and 15 team and your making statements like taking Oden over Durant like we're in the lottery or heading for decline. I just dont get it.

king4day
02-25-2013, 06:32 PM
Martin isn't the player maker that Harden is. This is what made OKC's bench so dynamic and unpredictable.

Is their bench play really that terrible? I don't follow them when they don't play the Suns. They didn't seem to skip a beat when they played us but that's not really saying much. :)

daboywonder2002
02-25-2013, 06:37 PM
The only thing that's keeping OKC from winning a championship, is that they don't take advantage of the depth & talent they have in the post. There is not enough effort to utilize their bigs day-in & day-out and through 4-quarters. They should have "molly-hopped" the heat in the paint last year, but Durant & Westbrook were too busy trying to out "lebron & Wade", Lebron & Wade. I can't be the only one that sees this. Post dominance is like finding a unicorn these days..

if it were just about post dominance- indiana or boston would have been able to beat the heat. that wasn't the case.

seikou8
02-25-2013, 08:36 PM
Westbrook the Ultimate NBA scapegoat.

yup it is all his fault:rolleyes:but in realty is a top 5 pg one of the best allround players in the nba today.