PDA

View Full Version : House Cleaning

NYRaiderLove
02-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Dont care what you all think but Gabby and Richards gotta go this offseason. They have 0 intensity and effect on the games this season. Last season Gaborik was really starting to get to me and it is just carrying over this season. This team is unwatchable. So much for all these flashy players that do not produce Im sick of this team. Im not pointing fingers at Torts but hes got to get these troops playing hard and grind it out.
Tip my hat to cally on player who brings 110 percent every game
And I wanna see something other than nash trying to dance around every got damn defender get some chemisty this team is ***

metswon69
02-25-2013, 12:02 PM
A 3 game losing streak and the world is caving in...

If we have problems offensively how does getting rid of 2 of our 5 best offensive players gonna help us?

I know Richards has under performed, been demoted/benched, and has a huge cap hit but i seriously don't see them amnestying him at the end of this season.

The team has been slumping and i don't find it ironic that it coincides with Nash going down and the team having a rash of other injuries. This is what sucks about a short season because things can unravel a bit and everyone starts to panic because they look up at the schedule and realize there is only 31 games left.

We'll see what happens but they just had a stretch where they went 7-2-1..

oak2455
02-25-2013, 12:07 PM
SKY IS FALLING :cry::cry::cry:

nyr2002nyr
02-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Dont care what you all think but Gabby and Richards gotta go this offseason. They have 0 intensity and effect on the games this season. Last season Gaborik was really starting to get to me and it is just carrying over this season. This team is unwatchable. So much for all these flashy players that do not produce Im sick of this team. Im not pointing fingers at Torts but hes got to get these troops playing hard and grind it out.
Tip my hat to cally on player who brings 110 percent every game
And I wanna see something other than nash trying to dance around every got damn defender get some chemisty this team is ***

Richards deal is so front loaded nobody is taking it. and this is a bit harsh. Gabs can go at anytime and i wouldnt give 2 craps

NYRaiderLove
02-25-2013, 12:17 PM
A 3 game losing streak and the world is caving in...

If we have problems offensively how does getting rid of 2 of our 5 best offensive players gonna help us?

I know Richards has under performed, been demoted/benched, and has a huge cap hit but i seriously don't see them amnestying him at the end of this season.

The team has been slumping and i don't find it ironic that it coincides with Nash going down and the team having a rash of other injuries. This is what sucks about a short season because things can unravel a bit and everyone starts to panic because they look up at the schedule and realize there is only 31 games left.

We'll see what happens but they just had a stretch where they went 7-2-1..

This teams problem for the past few years has been offense its not just the season. Our PP is always garbage as well. And if you see I said i have been fed up with gabby since last season. Some people arent meant to play in NY and hes one of them. Underachiever since he has gotten here. The sky is not falling but if there isnt a sense of urgancy running throughtout the lockeroom then golfing season is right around the corner. This team has to get there **** together because they can not compete with the top seeds.

NYRaiderLove
02-25-2013, 12:20 PM
And either Torts will be gone next season or either nash or gabby will. We can fine much cheaper lower tier players that can play at the same if not higher level then these two right now

NYR_NYJ
02-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Overreact much

metswon69
02-25-2013, 12:41 PM
This teams problem for the past few years has been offense its not just the season. Our PP is always garbage as well. And if you see I said i have been fed up with gabby since last season. Some people arent meant to play in NY and hes one of them. Underachiever since he has gotten here. The sky is not falling but if there isnt a sense of urgancy running throughtout the lockeroom then golfing season is right around the corner. This team has to get there **** together because they can not compete with the top seeds.

Gaborik has 223 points in 262 games (including the playoffs) in a Ranger's uniform.

They never brought him in to be a 2 way guy, he was brought in to score goals and he has been proficient at it given their horrible PP and how bad offensively they were around him in previous seasons.

The PP is a combination of both, the coaching is not getting the job done and the players aren't either.

I don't know if they need to change their strategy or what.

I was reading a stat yesterday that the Rangers are the only team in hockey without a PP goal from one of their defenseman. That's a problem they need to address.

fingerbang
02-25-2013, 12:44 PM
Gaborik has 223 points in 262 games (including the playoffs) in a Ranger's uniform.

They never brought him in to be a 2 way guy, he was brought into score goals and he has been proficient at it given their horrible PP and how bad offensively they were around him in his 4th year here.

The PP is a combination of both, the coaching is not getting the job done and the players aren't either.

I was reading a stat yesterday that the Rangers are the only team in hockey without a PP goal from one of their defenseman. That's a problem they need to address.

Yea, Gaborik is something like fourth in goal scoring since joining the Rangers. He gets his goals.

NYRaiderLove
02-25-2013, 12:44 PM
^^ Thats an upsetting stat considering all the shots that come from the point on the PP. Majority get blocked because a lack of anticipation and vision.

SLY WILLIAMS
02-25-2013, 01:43 PM

They never brought him in to be a 2 way guy, he was brought in to score goals and he has been proficient at it given their horrible PP and how bad offensively they were around him in previous seasons.

Yea, Gaborik is something like fourth in goal scoring since joining the Rangers. He gets his goals.

A couple of seasons ago when Gabs was hurt I was not thrilled with his play but he has shown he is one of the best players in the NHL in 2 of the last 3 seasons. 40 goal scorers do not grow on trees. They are hard to find. Gabs and Nash will both stay in my opinion unless Pitt wants to give us Crosby. I'm hoping Richards plays better as well because this team needs that #1 centermen to win a cup. These 3 guys are offensive players that most the NHL would want. 4 years ago we were desperate to have one of them. Now we have three.

nyr2002nyr
02-25-2013, 02:16 PM
A couple of seasons ago when Gabs was hurt I was not thrilled with his play but he has shown he is one of the best players in the NHL in 2 of the last 3 seasons. 40 goal scorers do not grow on trees. They are hard to find. Gabs and Nash will both stay in my opinion unless Pitt wants to give us Crosby. I'm hoping Richards plays better as well because this team needs that #1 centermen to win a cup. These 3 guys are offensive players that most the NHL would want. 4 years ago we were desperate to have one of them. Now we have three.

But that is half of the problem Torts wants gabs to be a player he never was and never will be. He is not a 2 way guy and its just not his game. He is holding these guys back from being who they really are

SLY WILLIAMS
02-25-2013, 02:25 PM
But that is half of the problem Torts wants gabs to be a player he never was and never will be. He is not a 2 way guy and its just not his game. He is holding these guys back from being who they really are

Gabs worked hard to become more of a 2 way player last season but I agree with you that sometimes you have to accept some negatives because of the large positives a player brings. We should not always be focusing on a players negatives. We have to try to maximize their positives.

nyr2002nyr
02-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Gabs worked hard to become more of a 2 way player last season but I agree with you that sometimes you have to accept some negatives because of the large positives a player brings. We should not always be focusing on a players negatives. We have to try to maximize their positives.

Agreed....So what you have is a sniper in Gabs scared to make a mistake and get himself benched....That is not good for his offensive game

bsi
02-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Ya...let's finally get some credibility attached to the Rangers by finishing first the year before and going to the conference finals and then the following year ditch everyone that got us there....that makes a lot of sense. As for Gaborik and Tortorella holding him back, that couldn't be further from the truth, he's had two of his most successful years in NY under Tortorella, not too many guys get 41 goals if their coach is holding them back, if anything he brings the best in him by knowing when to call him out when he's getting lazy.

NYRaiderLove
02-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Ya...let's finally get some credibility attached to the Rangers by finishing first the year before and going to the conference finals and then the following year ditch everyone that got us there....that makes a lot of sense. As for Gaborik and Tortorella holding him back, that couldn't be further from the truth, he's had two of his most successful years in NY under Tortorella, not too many guys get 41 goals if their coach is holding them back, if anything he brings the best in him by knowing when to call him out when he's getting lazy.

Who cares about last season at this point it is this season. And i agree 40+ is a great achievment but were talking about this year. Dont tell me your satisfied with how these guys have performed. And for "ditching everyone that got us there".. Nah the staff "ditched" our depth this offseason for an aqusition that hasnt looked to pay off as of now

nyr2002nyr
02-25-2013, 04:21 PM

yeah i cant agree with that at all. He looks scared half the time because of it. And that is not good for a guy as streaky as him

fingerbang
02-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Who cares about last season at this point it is this season. And i agree 40+ is a great achievment but were talking about this year. Dont tell me your satisfied with how these guys have performed. And for "ditching everyone that got us there".. Nah the staff "ditched" our depth this offseason for an aqusition that hasnt looked to pay off as of now

Well, Cally's off to a bad start, so are McDonagh and Girardi. Would you want to ditch them, too?

NYRaiderLove
02-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Well, Cally's off to a bad start, so are McDonagh and Girardi. Would you want to ditch them, too?

Clearly not. What seperates the guys you just said is they give 110 percent every game. You can not say the same about gab and riachards. Gabby gets flustered to quickly these days and i know hockey is a game of turnovers but the mental mistakes he makes are unnaceptable. Its easy to jump on my back because I called out the 3 stars my first time on the Rangers forum but im saying how it is.

bsi
02-25-2013, 04:34 PM

I'm not satisfied with how anyone has played, does that mean they won't play well this year? NO. Do I think we should get rid of the whole team? NO. Nobody has played well, Gaborik is the sacrificial benching to get the rest of the players thinking that if he can be benched anyone can. The players have been lazy all week, they as a group need to get their heads out of their *****. The team is better than this, if every team had your mentality the Kings never would have won the cup last year.

Name me one player who has played well since Nash went out?

bsi
02-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Clearly not. What seperates the guys you just said is they give 110 percent every game. You can not say the same about gab and riachards. Gabby gets flustered to quickly these days and i know hockey is a game of turnovers but the mental mistakes he makes are unnaceptable. Its easy to jump on my back because I called out the 3 stars my first time on the Rangers forum but im saying how it is.

Cally hasn't played well either why does he get a bye? Neither has Lundqvist, maybe we should ditch him too. It's 3 games, it's not the end of the world, we're dealing with injuries, the sky isn't falling.

fingerbang
02-25-2013, 04:36 PM

Was Girardi giving 110% when he let up this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSb3j2wUW6o

Outside of Hagelin, most of our players haven't gotten it done. Nash has played well but he's had trouble finding the back of the net.

NYRaiderLove
02-25-2013, 04:44 PM
I'm not satisfied with how anyone has played, does that mean they won't play well this year? NO. Do I think we should get rid of the whole team? NO. Nobody has played well, Gaborik is the sacrificial benching to get the rest of the players thinking that if he can be benched anyone can. The players have been lazy all week, they as a group need to get their heads out of their *****. The team is better than this, if every team had your mentality the Kings never would have won the cup last year.

Name me one player who has played well since Nash went out?

Hags probably has been most concistant but im not arguing that I agree the whole team played like ****. But were paying Gabs amnd Richards to much for the production we have gotten from them so far. And a lot of are players are on rookie contraacts. But so far there is just no chemistry. And there only 30 something games left. I dont think you realize the urgency. At this time in a regular season atmosphere change and intensity starts to become more of a playoff vibe. Rangers look like there playing pre season games

nyr2002nyr
02-25-2013, 04:44 PM

Outside of Hagelin, most of our players haven't gotten it done. Nash has played well but he's had trouble finding the back of the net.

The one guy who i would give a pass is Hags he has been good

NYRaiderLove
02-25-2013, 04:47 PM

thats the video you pull up? really. He might have dogged it back but he did lose an edge. And come on man your gunna pick on this guy when hes puts his nody infront of every shot and typically hustles back and is in postion to make a play. Its easy to call him out on one mistake. Give me another.

fingerbang
02-25-2013, 04:52 PM
thats the video you pull up? really. He might have dogged it back but he did lose an edge. And come on man your gunna pick on this guy when hes puts his nody infront of every shot and typically hustles back and is in postion to make a play. Its easy to call him out on one mistake. Give me another.

Well, you're picking on our leading goal scorer.

imbetterthanyou
02-25-2013, 04:54 PM
And either Torts will be gone next season or either nash or gabby will. We can fine much cheaper lower tier players that can play at the same if not higher level then these two right now

Go look at the 3 players in CLB and compare them collectively to Nash. We really gave up 3 players setting the world on fire, for a guy who has given us a dash of elite overall skill that this team just does not have without him. Nash is not the problem. Injuries happen....the world is ending....the sky is falling....the rangers are suddenly terrible....lets overreact some more

NYRaiderLove
Cally hasn't played well either why does he get a bye? Neither has Lundqvist, maybe we should ditch him too. It's 3 games, it's not the end of the world, we're dealing with injuries, the sky isn't falling.

Lets call out lundqvist because god for bid his GAA is above 2.5 for the first time. If there is one ranger i know for a fact will get it going it in Henrik. The guy has put the team on his back the last few years and him and defense have been the reasons for playoff success. I rather have Jagr back with how the team scored goals a few years back. ya knew ayyy. Know what im talking abooott

bsi
Hags probably has been most concistant but im not arguing that I agree the whole team played like ****. But were paying Gabs amnd Richards to much for the production we have gotten from them so far. And a lot of are players are on rookie contraacts. But so far there is just no chemistry. And there only 30 something games left. I dont think you realize the urgency. At this time in a regular season atmosphere change and intensity starts to become more of a playoff vibe. Rangers look like there playing pre season games

Lundqvist and Callahan are getting paid too much for what we've gotten out of them too. Callahan has 5 points and he's the captain.

imbetterthanyou
02-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Lundqvists GAA is 2.28....were seriously picking him apart for playing sub-par? Jesus theres 15 other rangers who deserve criticism before him.

NYRaiderLove
02-25-2013, 04:58 PM
Well, you're picking on our leading goal scorer.

I am. You see the OT games where he wiffed on the shot? or when he Shoots through all the traffic in the world and the shot is blocked. He needs to be our clutch goal scorer thats why he is here. It doesnt matter we he nets 1 in a game were trailing by 3 in the third

bsi
02-25-2013, 05:01 PM
Lets call out lundqvist because god for bid his GAA is above 2.5 for the first time. If there is one ranger i know for a fact will get it going it in Henrik. The guy has put the team on his back the last few years and him and defense have been the reasons for playoff success. I rather have Jagr back with how the team scored goals a few years back. ya knew ayyy. Know what im talking abooott

Lundqvist carried the back end and Gaborik and Richards carried the front end of the ranger bus last year. Without Richards and Gaborik last year we don't even get close to the playoffs. I just don't see why you go back to past stats to compensate for Lundqvists play and when I do it with Gaborik or Richards you tell me this isn't last year, it's the same for all three guys. 40 goal scorers aren't a dime a dozen, they're hard to find, I have no idea why anyone would want to get rid of one. Nobody on this team has played up to where we expect them to, that's to be expected with some teams in a lockout year when the schedule is so compacted that it's hard to get practices in and we are suffering injuries, it's all part of hockey.

imbetterthanyou
02-25-2013, 05:02 PM
I am. You see the OT games where he wiffed on the shot? or when he Shoots through all the traffic in the world and the shot is blocked. He needs to be our clutch goal scorer thats why he is here. It doesnt matter we he nets 1 in a game were trailing by 3 in the third

I guess by that logic he shouldnt score at all. If were down more than one he should just not even try. He must score the difference or hes awful.

bsi
02-25-2013, 05:03 PM
Lundqvists GAA is 2.28....were seriously picking him apart for playing sub-par? Jesus theres 15 other rangers who deserve criticism before him.

I'm not criticizing Lundqvist, he like all our other top stars will be fine, I was merely pointing out that there's really nobody on this team that is playing up to their potential. My point is that the team is struggling, they aren't a bad team and it's too quick to start chasing guys out of town for a 3 game losing streak filled with injuries.

NYRaiderLove
02-25-2013, 05:03 PM

Thank you. These "fans" are gettinng way to out of control.

bsi
02-25-2013, 05:05 PM
Thank you. These "fans" are gettinng way to out of control.

We're totally in control...it's you that wants to ship our best forwards off because of a 3 game losing streak,I'm totally happy with our team minus a lack of a bonifide third pair D.

imbetterthanyou
02-25-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm not criticizing Lundqvist, he like all our other top stars will be fine, I was merely pointing out that there's really nobody on this team that is playing up to their potential. My point is that the team is struggling, they aren't a bad team and it's too quick to start chasing guys out of town for a 3 game losing streak filled with injuries.

I didnt get your tone my bad. I completely agree with you...the sky is not falling. We are however in dire need of someone liek Dan Boyle to help our PP.

NYRaiderLove
02-25-2013, 05:06 PM
I guess by that logic he shouldnt score at all. If were down more than one he should just not even try. He must score the difference or hes awful.

thats not way im saying. But its like a qb for example. Carson Palmer. Throws over 4000 achivement? Yes. But looking at it raiders went 4-12 with majority of games being blow outs. Since the raiders were consistanly losing he was forced to throw totaling up a bunch of passing yards

fingerbang
02-25-2013, 05:09 PM
The Rangers forum is back, baby. Only when we're stuggling. :laugh2:

NYRaiderLove
02-25-2013, 05:09 PM
We're totally in control...it's you that wants to ship our best forwards off because of a 3 game losing streak,I'm totally happy with our team minus a lack of a bonifide third pair D.

Its not because a 3 game losing streak. Even when we win we dont look that good. With exceptions of TB, and Isles, and boston game 2. Im just saying come next season i dont think we are going to have the same 3 stars personally. Especially if they dont perform this season. This is a win now team and there should be no excuses for any player. Ya knewww

NYRaiderLove
02-25-2013, 05:14 PM
Go look at the 3 players in CLB and compare them collectively to Nash. We really gave up 3 players setting the world on fire, for a guy who has given us a dash of elite overall skill that this team just does not have without him. Nash is not the problem. Injuries happen....the world is ending....the sky is falling....the rangers are suddenly terrible....lets overreact some more

I meant gabby and Richards** not nash

bsi
02-25-2013, 05:14 PM
Its not because a 3 game losing streak. Even when we win we dont look that good. With exceptions of TB, and Isles, and boston game 2. Im just saying come next season i dont think we are going to have the same 3 stars personally. Especially if they dont perform this season. This is a win now team and there should be no excuses for any player. Ya knewww

Well we were 7-2-1 in the previous 10 and nobody was complaining about anything, all of a sudden we lose 3 games and everyone and their dog is on the forum complaining about whoever. It definately is because of the 3 game losing streak. Even in his "slump" Gaborik is on pace for 33 goals right now.

NYRaiderLove
02-25-2013, 05:15 PM
The Rangers forum is back, baby. Only when we're stuggling. :laugh2:

Cuz im here baby!!! I bring **** back and like to start controversy. So get use to me pal :)

NYRaiderLove
02-25-2013, 05:18 PM
Well we were 7-2-1 in the previous 10 and nobody was complaining about anything, all of a sudden we lose 3 games and everyone and their dog is on the forum complaining about whoever. It definately is because of the 3 game losing streak. Even in his "slump" Gaborik is on pace for 33 goals right now.

This is the first time ive ever been on the forum not just becuase the 3 game slide. But agree or disagree they havent played uup to par aside from a couple wins

fingerbang
02-25-2013, 05:24 PM
This is the first time ive ever been on the forum not just becuase the 3 game slide. But agree or disagree they havent played uup to par aside from a couple wins

No one disagrees. But it has a lot to do with the entire team, not just the two players you mentioned.

NYRaiderLove
02-25-2013, 05:29 PM
No one disagrees. But it has a lot to do with the entire team, not just the two players you mentioned.

Nahh im saying even for the Ws they got they still havent played to there full ability. All im saying is teams should be playing playoff hockey withing the next month. Thats why there kind of is a sense of urgency because this team has yet to find its identity.

fingerbang
02-25-2013, 05:34 PM
Nahh im saying even for the Ws they got they still havent played to there full ability. All im saying is teams should be playing playoff hockey withing the next month. Thats why there kind of is a sense of urgency because this team has yet to find its identity.

This stuff wasn't in your OP. It was all about Gabo and Richards needing to be off the team.

NYRaiderLove
02-25-2013, 05:38 PM
^I do thiik one of the two will be gone and thats not gunna change. But not in the OP but i been saying this since responses have been "the sky isnt falling" and that stuff. I dont think people realize this is a win now team that plays in NY. IF your not performing in NY you face criticism. Your obviously a fan of an NY team so you should know this. So along with that the record they have after beimg a 1 seed with the talent around them is not acceptable. If this team doesnt start stringing togehter a few winning streaks they are in trouble

runnermjr1296
02-25-2013, 05:53 PM
While the names and the sport may be different,this might as well be a New York Yankee forum:facepalm:

bsi
02-25-2013, 05:58 PM

Well one quick look at the standings amidst all the hype around the teams chances could tell anyone that but it goes farther than just Richards and Gaborik, they're just the easy targets. If I said at the start of the year that Gaborik would get between 30 and 40 goals(pro-rated to an 82 game season) this year nobody would be surprised or disappointed, well that's the pace he's currently on and I don't know why you'd get rid of the highest goal scoring player on the team amidst a team full of 1 and 2 goal scorers. Doesn't make sense.

oak2455
02-25-2013, 07:18 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1955219/sky-is-falling-o.gif

freddy686
02-25-2013, 07:30 PM
holy **** you retarts .... its torts whos the probelm .. gabby is awesome .. look when he played with hossa in the olympics how beast they were .. and lets not forget he gave stamkos a run for his money in goals.. **** you guys would want to get rid of ovechkin too if we had him.. if you go back all the years when we had kelly kiso and bernie nick they all had slumps too .. and wayne gretzky and hes god .. nash trys hes not a problem .. FIRE TORTS !!! let richards be richards even though i think he sucks along with torts .. our defenseman can carry the puck up but arent allowed too .. stall use to do it all the time .. torts is an ******* .. if he was a good coach tampa bay would of never let him go after they won the cup ....

p.s. if anyone says sign barry melrose ill go insane haha ... another tool box!!!

SLY WILLIAMS
02-25-2013, 07:56 PM
While the names and the sport may be different,this might as well be a New York Yankee forum:facepalm:

LOL hey now we are not that bad. Come one buddy.... :)

oak2455
02-25-2013, 09:59 PM
holy **** you retarts .... its torts whos the probelm .. gabby is awesome .. look when he played with hossa in the olympics how beast they were .. and lets not forget he gave stamkos a run for his money in goals.. **** you guys would want to get rid of ovechkin too if we had him.. if you go back all the years when we had kelly kiso and bernie nick they all had slumps too .. and wayne gretzky and hes god .. nash trys hes not a problem .. FIRE TORTS !!! let richards be richards even though i think he sucks along with torts .. our defenseman can carry the puck up but arent allowed too .. stall use to do it all the time .. torts is an ******* .. if he was a good coach tampa bay would of never let him go after they won the cup ....

p.s. if anyone says sign barry melrose ill go insane haha ... another tool box!!!
:laugh:

NYR80
02-26-2013, 02:08 AM
ill say this. if we're out of playoff contention come trade deadline someone is gona go and it might be gabby. team looking for an offensive piece to put them over the top would love gabby if he becomes available.

daviek
02-26-2013, 11:59 AM
Richards deal is so front loaded nobody is taking it. and this is a bit harsh. Gabs can go at anytime and i wouldnt give 2 craps

I think we lost a lot when we didn't re-sign Prust. He is not a super star, high scoring player but his tenacity, grit, and toughness is something we are lacking. Anisimov does not get enough credit for what he brought us, and Dubinsky is similar to Prust. That being said, we are not as deep as we were a year ago.
Richards is making sawdust with his stick he is squeezing it so hard. It takes time to gel as a team, and three very important players who made up a lot of character on this team now play elsewhere.

fingerbang
02-26-2013, 12:02 PM
ill say this. if we're out of playoff contention come trade deadline someone is gona go and it might be gabby. team looking for an offensive piece to put them over the top would love gabby if he becomes available.

We'll most likely be the team that needs offense, lol.

metswon69
02-26-2013, 12:08 PM

:laugh2:

metswon69
02-26-2013, 12:11 PM
I think we lost a lot when we didn't re-sign Prust. He is not a super star, high scoring player but his tenacity, grit, and toughness is something we are lacking. Anisimov does not get enough credit for what he brought us, and Dubinsky is similar to Prust. That being said, we are not as deep as we were a year ago.
Richards is making sawdust with his stick he is squeezing it so hard. It takes time to gel as a team, and three very important players who made up a lot of character on this team now play elsewhere.

Prust and Dubi were definitely important cogs on this team defensively but they had to let Prust walk because of the salary cap and there was no way they could turn down that deal for Nash.

As for Anisimov, he was always appeared kind of soft to me for a guy his size.

I don't miss him that much.

oak2455
02-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Prust and Dubi were definitely important cogs in this team defensively but they had to let Prust walk because of the salary cap and there was no way they could turn down that deal for Nash.

As for Anisimov, he was always appeared kind of soft to me for a guy his size.

I don't miss him that much.

Agreed Prust was a loss, but we couldn't sign him to that contract it wasn't cap friendly

Bellz
02-26-2013, 02:55 PM

Wait what ? How has he underachieved here ? He post his highest and 3rd highest point totals of his career here. Didn't we just make it the ECF last yeartoo ? He's played 237 games scored 115 goals and has a total of 221 points since signing... 3 game loosing streak and the sky is falling

nyr2002nyr
02-26-2013, 03:04 PM

Most likely? :)

SLY WILLIAMS
02-26-2013, 03:05 PM
40 goal scorers are so rare that I just do not think we can give one up. We could draft for 20 years and not find another one.

metswon69
02-26-2013, 03:09 PM
40 goal scorers are so rare that I just do not think we can give one up. We could draft for 20 years and not find another one.

Yep unless a team out and out right floors them with something they can't refuse, i just don't know how they could move Gabby, especially on a team that struggles to find offense.

There were four 40 goal scorers in the league last year.

4!!!

fingerbang
02-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Yep unless a team out and out right floors them with something they can't refuse, i just don't know how they could move Gabby, especially on a team that struggles to find offense.

There were four 40 goal scorers in the league last year.

4!!!

And as BSI pointed out, he'd be on pace for something like 33 goals if the season was 82 games. People are really going overboard.

NYRaiderLove
02-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Well big game tonight. Lets hope they come out and shut me up.

However, your all welcome for providing an active thread :)

freddy686
02-26-2013, 06:46 PM
trade richards cuz he obviously cant find the puck to nash or gabby.. **** prospal did a better job and nylander ...

NYRaiderLove
02-26-2013, 06:51 PM
Nylander holy ****. totally forgot he was a ranger lol

freddy686
02-26-2013, 11:47 PM
yeah haha !!!! he sucked *** but at least he generated scoreing with jager

bsi
03-01-2013, 04:48 PM
hmmm...we get our players back and we win a convincing game and no comments in here eh...interesting.

SLY WILLIAMS
03-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Ranger fans like when the team plays well. Why would a Rangers fan complain about last night? With that said the team was under performing before some of the injuries. I can not speak for all Rangers fans but I think most Rangers fans are very high on the amount of talent we have on this team. :)

bsi
03-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Ranger fans like when the team plays well. Why would a Rangers fan complain about last night? With that said the team was under performing before some of the injuries. I can not speak for all Rangers fans but I think most Rangers fans are very high on the amount of talent we have on this team. :)

Well we have a whole thread about "house cleaning". I imagine the next time we lose this will all be brought up again. Too many fair weather fans out there can't see the big picture.

SLY WILLIAMS
03-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Well we have a whole thread about "house cleaning". I imagine the next time we lose this will all be brought up again. Too many fair weather fans out there can't see the big picture.

Hmmmm maybe it will. I do not consider myself a fair weather fan since Ive been a fan since the mid 1970's through both good and bad times. I have never had a issue with any coach other than Ted Sator and Torts in all that time. In both those instances my concern was more to do with playing style and how players were treated than wins and losses. :)

bsi
03-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Hmmmm maybe it will. I do not consider myself a fair weather fan since Ive been a fan since the mid 1970's through both good and bad times. I have never had a issue with any coach other than Ted Sator and Torts in all that time. In both those instances my concern was more to do with playing style and how players were treated than wins and losses. :)

I don't want to get into a big coach conversation again but I've never heard a player complain about the way they were treated by Torts, in fact most players that talk about him say the exact opposite and credit his coaching for helping them become better players. A friend of mine played for him in Tampa and he said the players liked him a lot, he was a players coach but his expectations were high and he let you know it.

SLY WILLIAMS
03-01-2013, 08:28 PM
I don't want to get into a big coach conversation again but I've never heard a player complain about the way they were treated by Torts, in fact most players that talk about him say the exact opposite and credit his coaching for helping them become better players. A friend of mine played for him in Tampa and he said the players liked him a lot, he was a players coach but his expectations were high and he let you know it.

Some players do like him. Some have had problems with him and then later come to respect him. I do not have anything against Torts personally. I think he is a good man. I liked Espo. I liked Slats. I liked Brooks. I liked Fred Shero. I liked Craig Patrick. I understand that you think highly of Torts style and methods. I liked Billy Martin whom a lot of people did not agree with. Sometimes it is okay for people to respectfully have a different opinion. :)

bsi
03-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Some players do like him. Some have had problems with him and then later come to respect him. I do not have anything against Torts personally. I think he is a good man. I liked Espo. I liked Slats. I liked Brooks. I liked Fred Shero. I liked Craig Patrick. I understand that you think highly of Torts style and methods. I liked Billy Martin whom a lot of people did not agree with. Sometimes it is okay for people to respectfully have a different opinion. :)

Every coach will have players that have problems with them, but I think the positive comments about playing with Torts far outweigh the negative ones, by a long shot. The way he is with the media isn't how he is with the players, and he's always sticking up for them in fact. As I said before I don't care who coaches the team, I don't really care about how Torts does it either all I know is that he's done more than anyone since Keenan left, and his track record is pretty good.. but as you say we can disagree.

metswon69
03-02-2013, 07:24 AM

We are just a 2 or 3 game losing streak away from all the negativity coming back again i am sure but there is no denying when completely healthy the Rangers are obviously a much better team.

That's where the shortened season even becomes more magnified because there is just not a lot of room for injuries and longer losing streaks. If this was a full 82 game schedule, i think there would be less panic.

I'm in the same boat as you Sly, the Rangers have plenty of talent and Slats is always searching for ways to make this team better so i really am not concerned as long as they stay relatively healthy.

I still think they could use another offensive presence or another defenseman for depth but we will see what happens at the deadline.

bsi
03-02-2013, 01:29 PM
We are just a 2 or 3 game losing streak away from all the negativity coming back again i am sure but there is no denying when completely healthy the Rangers are obviously a much better team.

That's where the shortened season even becomes more magnified because there is just not a lot of room for injuries and longer losing streaks. If this was a full 82 game schedule, i think there would be less panic.

I'm in the same boat as you Sly, the Rangers have plenty of talent and Slats is always searching for ways to make this team better so i really am not concerned as long as they stay relatively healthy.

I still think they could use another offensive presence or another defenseman for depth but we will see what happens at the deadline.

A physical defenseman who isn't a liability like Bickel is what we need for our 3rd pair D, if he can shoot that would be a bonus but we really miss Sauer here and really have done nothing to replace him. Maybe they're looking ahead to next year and hoping McIlrath can be in the lineup then but for this year we need a solid D man at the least, possibly two. Our top 4 shouldn't have to play as much as they did last playoffs and I blame our loss to NJ squarely on that because the mistakes that were made on D were tired mistakes, mistakes McDonagh or Girardi never made all year.

metswon69
03-02-2013, 03:13 PM
A physical defenseman who isn't a liability like Bickel is what we need for our 3rd pair D, if he can shoot that would be a bonus but we really miss Sauer here and really have done nothing to replace him. Maybe they're looking ahead to next year and hoping McIlrath can be in the lineup then but for this year we need a solid D man at the least, possibly two. Our top 4 shouldn't have to play as much as they did last playoffs and I blame our loss to NJ squarely on that because the mistakes that were made on D were tired mistakes, mistakes McDonagh or Girardi never made all year.

I agree.

I know the cap was an issue and the fact that they had to pay him like a top 4 defender, but i was kind of disappointed they didn't make a push for Souray last offseason (mainly for his shot).

With a month to go before the trade deadline and how active the NHL deadline usually is, i am sure Slats will find someone with the 3 million or so in cap space he has to work with.

NYRaiderLove
03-02-2013, 03:34 PM
hmmm...we get our players back and we win a convincing game and no comments in here eh...interesting.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. You realize your contradicting your self in a way. You had to wait what? 2 additional losses before you can come back here running your mouth because we got a win. And a convincing game? If there is one win Im not sold on it is against TB. We are 3-0 against them winning all three by nealry dominating then the next game you dont know what ranger team shows up. Still didnt see much from gaborik. 7 goals in what 4 games? haha.

metswon69
03-02-2013, 03:37 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx You realize your contradicting your self in a way. You had to wait what? 2 additional losses before you can come back here running your mouth because we got a win. And a convincing game? If there is one win Im not sold on it is against TB. We are 3-0 against them winning all three by nealry dominating then the next game you dont know what ranger team shows up. Still didnt see much from gaborik. 7 goals in what 4 games? haha.

The big difference being they had their whole lineup which is something they didn't have during the 4 game losing streak.

And where is all the Richards bashing?

NYRaiderLove
03-02-2013, 03:46 PM
The big difference being they had their whole lineup which is something they didn't have during the 4 game losing streak.

And where is all the Richards bashing?

Elite teams have the called up players fill the roster voids and can act a solid stop gap until they are healed. Hockey is a sport of depth and players wont be 100 percent come playoffs. So if your going to use that lame excuse of injuries be my guest. And as far as richards it doesnt need to be said that he sucks

fingerbang
03-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Elite teams have the called up players fill the roster voids and can act a solid stop gap until they are healed. Hockey is a sport of depth and players wont be 100 percent come playoffs. So if your going to use that lame excuse of injuries be my guest. And as far as richards it doesnt need to be said that he sucks

The Rangers rely on defense and they were missing 3 out of the top 4 D and their best forward. You can't replace that with players from the Whale.

bsi
03-02-2013, 04:10 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx You realize your contradicting your self in a way. You had to wait what? 2 additional losses before you can come back here running your mouth because we got a win. And a convincing game? If there is one win Im not sold on it is against TB. We are 3-0 against them winning all three by nealry dominating then the next game you dont know what ranger team shows up. Still didnt see much from gaborik. 7 goals in what 4 games? haha.

I never contradicted myself, I've always said this team was a good D man and a good LW away from a cup, we all hoped Kreider would be that guy but he hasn't yet. You haven't even been around here long enough to know what I think and you're solutions to a team with 5 injuries losing 3 games is to get rid of 2 of our 3 top offensive weapons. As for the Tampa game, what was I thinking I mean we only held the highest scoring team in the league to 1 goal, that's no accomplishment at all, come on! Think before you type, seriously.:facepalm:

NYRaiderLove
03-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Secondly I never contradicted myself, I've always said this team was a good D man and a good LW away from a cup, we all hoped Kreider would be that guy but he hasn't yet. You haven't even been around here long enough to know what I think and you're solutions to a team with 5 injuries losing 3 games is to get rid of 2 of our 3 top offensive weapons. As for the Tampa game, what was I thinking I mean we only held the highest scoring team in the league to 1 goal, that's no accomplishment at all, come on! Think before you type, seriously.:facepalm:

I apologize I didnt realize how sensitive you are. And beause I havent been around long enough means i cant post or have an opinion? And Krider isnt the guy we hoped? Hes a rookie the amount of pressure he had going into this season was unbelievable. He had a great post season so everyone thought he would be hot right out of the gate. Thats not the case let him develop more. And your calling me out because i want richards gone? What has he really done to impress you in the season and a quarter to keep him around. And maybe jumping to get rid of gabby was a little soon i will admit. But im very sure if he doesnt get his lets going and stick working he will be gone in offseason. He has 7 goals yes. But in 4 games. Hes to streaky.
The team did look great yesterday. But you got to learn to battle through games and find wins even when your battling injuries. They werent even competitive in games with the injuries. Elite teams can battle through any problems.

SLY WILLIAMS
03-02-2013, 04:27 PM
I apologize I didnt realize how sensitive you are. And beause I havent been around long enough means i cant post or have an opinion? And Krider isnt the guy we hoped? Hes a rookie the amount of pressure he had going into this season was unbelievable. He had a great post season so everyone thought he would be hot right out of the gate. Thats not the case let him develop more. And your calling me out because i want richards gone? What has he really done to impress you in the season and a quarter to keep him around. And maybe jumping to get rid of gabby was a little soon i will admit. But im very sure if he doesnt get his lets going and stick working he will be gone in offseason. He has 7 goals yes. But in 4 games. Hes to streaky.
The team did look great yesterday. But you got to learn to battle through games and find wins even when your battling injuries. They werent even competitive in games with the injuries. Elite teams can battle through any problems.

I understand your frustration with Gabs but sometimes with players we have to accept some down games for the large up games. If there was a good trade for him I would consider it BUT it would have to be a very good player. There are few goal scorers like Gabby in the NHL. The team has underperformed this year. We have a great team. Hopefully things turnaround after last games great win.

NYRaiderLove
03-02-2013, 04:40 PM
I understand your frustration with Gabs but sometimes with players we have to accept some down games for the large up games. If there was a good trade for him I would consider it BUT it would have to be a very good player. There are few goal scorers like Gabby in the NHL. The team has underperformed this year. We have a great team. Hopefully things turnaround after last games great win.

yeah. We all want whats best and see these guys walking a parade. Some with different views then others. I was just trying to start and open disscussion but clearly some fans are very defensive with are top forwards

metswon69
03-02-2013, 04:49 PM
The Rangers rely on defense and they were missing 3 out of the top 4 D and their best forward. You can't replace that with players from the Whale.

This..

SLY WILLIAMS
03-02-2013, 04:49 PM
yeah. We all want whats best and see these guys walking a parade. Some with different views then others. I was just trying to start and open disscussion but clearly some fans are very defensive with are top forwards

Everyone's opinions are welcome. If we all thought the same we might as well just speak to ourselves. Lets just remember we all are Rangers fans and not go too far. :)

metswon69
03-02-2013, 05:28 PM

Richards has to be more consistent granted but he did win 17 of 20 faceoffs last night, had an assist, and was more assertive last night.

Either way he was one of our more important cogs getting to the ECF last year and got better at the season went on.

We will see how he continues to play but the Rangers as a whole have been inconsistent, it's not just been the underperformance by some of our more talented players.

NYRaiderLove
03-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Richards has to be more consistent granted but he did win 17 of 20 faceoffs last night, had an assist, and was more assertive last night.

Either way he was one of our more important cogs getting to the ECF last year and got better at the season went on.

We will see how he continues to play but the Rangers have been inconsistent in general, it's not just been the underperformance by some of our more talented players.

Agreed. Aside from Hags love his motor. And Cally is beginiing to bring the intensiity every night again. And it was nice to see a fight last night as well. And Nash came back with a vengence last night he went off. This team just needs more time to become a team in the locker room and standing up for one another on the ice.
Btw awesome fresh prince sig or whatever those are called haha

bsi
03-02-2013, 05:36 PM

You most certainly are allowed to have an opinion, but you haven't been here long enough to know me or anyone else and calling people "internet tough guys" and such isn't a way to have a discussion. Anyone who doesn't know what Richards has done for this team since he got here isn't watching the games and the same goes for Gaborik. Those two guys were our best forwards since they got here along with Callahan. Without them we're not seeing a playoff spot at all. Kreider hasn't been the guy we thought he'd be, anyone who says they thought he'd be in the AHL right now is lying, everyone thought he was going to be a top 6 LW or at the least a top 9 and that was part of the thinking when we aquirred Nash and didn't want to give up Kreider. Any team that lost half of their best D and two of their top 4 forwards, a penalty killer and their fighter is going to struggle to win, especially a team that already had most of it's top prospects in the roster already. Elite teams are elite because they have elite players, when the elite players get hurt they are just an average team it's simple. We're all rooting for the same team here there's no need for chirping.

metswon69
03-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Agreed. Aside from Hags love his motor. And Cally is beginiing to bring the intensiity every night again. And it was nice to see a fight last night as well. And Nash came back with a vengence last night he went off. This team just needs more time to become a team in the locker room and standing up for one another on the ice.
Btw awesome fresh prince sig or whatever those are called haha

Thanks..

BSI said it, the Rangers need a physical third line defender preferably with a shot to decrease the load on their top 4.

I still believe they could use another bottom 6 forward with an offensive presence but considering the cap they have only so much wiggle room. There is no argument this team has to be more consistent as a whole though.

The stats aren't completely fair in regards to Gaborik and Richards either. Their presence on the ice has to be accounted for and our bottom 6 has not been as effective this year as it was last year.

The Rangers also only got their first PP goal from a defenseman on Thursday. Offense is still an issue on this team and that's why i would like to see another forward added.

NYRaiderLove
03-02-2013, 05:43 PM
Thanks..

BSI said it, the Rangers need a physical third line defender preferably with a shot to decrease the load on their top 4.

I still believe they could use another bottom 6 forward with an offensive presence but considering the cap they have only so much wiggle room. There is no argument this team has to be more consistent as a whole though.

Totally agree to the physicallity of a third line. Thats clearly what were lacking ATM.

NYRaiderLove
03-02-2013, 05:50 PM
You most certainly are allowed to have an opinion, but you haven't been here long enough to know me or anyone else and calling people "internet tough guys" and such isn't a way to have a discussion. Anyone who doesn't know what Richards has done for this team since he got here isn't watching the games and the same goes for Gaborik. Those two guys were our best forwards since they got here along with Callahan. Without them we're not seeing a playoff spot at all. Kreider hasn't been the guy we thought he'd be, anyone who says they thought he'd be in the AHL right now is lying, everyone thought he was going to be a top 6 LW or at the least a top 9 and that was part of the thinking when we aquirred Nash and didn't want to give up Kreider. Any team that lost half of their best D and two of their top 4 forwards, a penalty killer and their fighter is going to struggle to win, especially a team that already had most of it's top prospects in the roster already. Elite teams are elite because they have elite players, when the elite players get hurt they are just an average team it's simple. We're all rooting for the same team here there's no need for chirping.

its because I came back to the forum for not being here for a few days and you were clearly directing comments towards me. If your going to do that atleast quote me in it I would much perfer that. And im totally going to have to disagree with your statement on Elite teams. You cant rely on your team being healthy all season. Have to have guys who are called up and can hold their own for the time being.

rocowear21
03-03-2013, 12:04 PM
The only complaint I have against gabs is that a lot of times he seems to take shifts off, just kind of standing around with his stick at the waist. He also loses the puck a bit more then i like. He thinks he can still outskate some off the d out there which he cant do anymore

rocowear21
03-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Krieder will def turn it around for us. I believe he has more upside then miller. He just needs to find his game again. He has zero confidence right now. I do believe some of that has to do with torts as he is afraid to make mistakes out there and go out of position. He is thinking to much when he plays so sending him down was def a good idea.
Miller is gonna be good. Never great but good for us. He is just a callahan I believe in the future with a little more offensive upside.

SLY WILLIAMS
03-03-2013, 12:35 PM
The only complaint I have against gabs is that a lot of times he seems to take shifts off, just kind of standing around with his stick at the waist. He also loses the puck a bit more then i like. He thinks he can still outskate some off the d out there which he cant do anymore

Gabs has a long history of times where he does not appear to be giving a full effort. That is the downside of Gabs but we have to be willing to live with the downside of Gabs to get the upside (35-40 goals a season). This is a skill game. We can have guys that hustle almost every shift and only score 10 goals at every position but that is not a way to win. We can have some of them but we also need some players with upside like Gabs.

If Miller scores 25-30 goals a season like Cally has been doing I think the organization will be very happy with that outcome. I do not know what is holding Kreider back but I sure hope he gets the confidence needed soon. He has all the physical tools.

bsi
03-03-2013, 07:01 PM
its because I came back to the forum for not being here for a few days and you were clearly directing comments towards me. If your going to do that atleast quote me in it I would much perfer that. And im totally going to have to disagree with your statement on Elite teams. You cant rely on your team being healthy all season. Have to have guys who are called up and can hold their own for the time being.

I was directing it at everyone who was overreacting to us losing 3 games while being decimated by injuries. You can't rely on your team being healthy all season, that's true but you can't just replace Nash, Callahan, DelZotto, McDonagh, Powe, and Asham, it's way too big of a hole in the lineup, especially when we currently have most of our good kids playing in the NHL already and are short on quality D as it is. It just doesn't work that way.

daviek
03-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Gabs has a long history of times where he does not appear to be giving a full effort. That is the downside of Gabs but we have to be willing to live with the downside of Gabs to get the upside (35-40 goals a season). This is a skill game. We can have guys that hustle almost every shift and only score 10 goals at every position but that is not a way to win. We can have some of them but we also need some players with upside like Gabs.

If Miller scores 25-30 goals a season like Cally has been doing I think the organization will be very happy with that outcome. I do not know what is holding Kreider back but I sure hope he gets the confidence needed soon. He has all the physical tools.

I have been a fan of Gaborik from the start, but I recently have been worried that he is having a hard time playing the grueling "Torts" style of play. I have also heard that Anaheim is thinking of dealing Cory Perry. Any thoughts on how a trade like that would benefit us and our style? Just a discussion point.

SLY WILLIAMS
03-04-2013, 05:16 PM
I have been a fan of Gaborik from the start, but I recently have been worried that he is having a hard time playing the grueling "Torts" style of play. I have also heard that Anaheim is thinking of dealing Cory Perry. Any thoughts on how a trade like that would benefit us and our style? Just a discussion point.

I respect Gabs abilities. He works harder than people realize. I do not want to trade Gabs. I do not think a team that has trouble scoring should be trading its best scroer. I'd like to add Perry, Getzlaf or Ryan to the Rangers. I do not know how a Perry trade would effect Gabs market.

Speaking of Torts I saw two different "Torts" twitters recently. There is @AngeryTorts and there is @CondescendTorts

metswon69
03-04-2013, 05:58 PM
I expected better sound bytes to be honest..

bsi
03-04-2013, 06:00 PM

While anyone would like to get Corey Perry I don't think that he fits our salary cap requirements. I assume your meant that we'd trade Gaborik back for him freeing up money for Perry but I'm a little nervous about trading a 40 goal scorer for an impending UFA that may or may not resign here. If he were to walk at the years end we'd be giving up one of our best goal scorers for a rental player and as we all know 40 goal scorers don't grow on trees. Getting Rick Nash and losing Gaborik would just mean that we gave away Dubinsky, Anisimov and Erixon for a bigger Gaborik who may never get 40 goals. However if a Gaborik + for Perry trade came with a negotiated contract I'd take it only because of the age differences in Gaborik and Perry and that Perry plays a more physical game. I don't see that happening really though, I think Perry will want to either resign with Anaheim or test the free agent market.

metswon69
03-04-2013, 06:04 PM
Speaking of possibly dealing Gabs..

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/03/01/calgary-flames-bone-headed-pitch-to-sign-rfa-ryan-oreilly-backfires-spectacularly

RUMOURS DU JOUR: Rangers GM Glen Sather isn't the least bit pleased with his club's inconsistency. Sources say the Rangers are trying to do "something" to shake the club out of the doldrums since it would appear coach John Tortorella isn't going anywhere. Since the Rangers have skill, they'd like to bring in more grit. The talk amongst NHL executives is the Rangers have floated the idea of moving RW Marian Gaborik. He has a cap hit of $7.5 million through 2013-15 and will be a UFA at the end. It's believed the Rangers are sniffing around to see what kind of value he has on the market.