PDA

View Full Version : Heat?

DumDum
02-25-2013, 06:53 AM
So, I'm curious how do other Lakers fans view championships? Do you feel there is an asterisk next to the five won in Minneapolis?

Derek Brink
02-25-2013, 06:57 AM
no, it was still the lakers franchise.

Big Zo
02-25-2013, 12:27 PM
If I was a Lakers fan, I wouldn't count them. It didn't happen in my city, and I wasn't around to see it anyway.

koreancabbage
02-25-2013, 12:36 PM
If I was a Lakers fan, I wouldn't count them. It didn't happen in my city, and I wasn't around to see it anyway.

what if you were a fan of them before they moved to LA?

or you enjoyed the history of the team?

LeperMessiah
02-25-2013, 12:40 PM
MIA won it fair and square last year, shortened season or not nothing would have stopped them from becoming a top seed.

They (lakers) were still the same franchise.

naps
02-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Why does the title say "Heat?" when it's about Lakers? Trolling much?

LakersIn5
02-25-2013, 12:48 PM

teams are based by franchise not by location. the lakers won 5 ships in minneapolis then they relocated so they still own those. what do you want to do? give those championship to the timberwolves?

just a hypothetical question. if the heat relocate in 2030 it means that there 2012 championship should not count in theire franchise championship history?

Big Zo
02-25-2013, 12:52 PM
what if you were a fan of them before they moved to LA?

or you enjoyed the history of the team?

I wouldn't root for a team that's not from my city (unless my city didn't have a team). Maybe if I lived in LA and was a fan of the Minneapolis Lakers before, I would count them.

JasonJohnHorn
02-25-2013, 01:28 PM
I think the T-Wolves should have banners for those championships in their building ;-)

Dade County
02-25-2013, 01:37 PM
wtf is up with the title...smh

koreancabbage
02-25-2013, 01:38 PM
I wouldn't root for a team that's not from my city (unless my city didn't have a team). Maybe if I lived in LA and was a fan of the Minneapolis Lakers before, I would count them.

okay. you might not count them but the franchise does. and really, at the end of the day - do you think it really matters? its always gonna stick with the franchise.

Big Zo
02-25-2013, 02:20 PM
okay. you might not count them but the franchise does. and really, at the end of the day - do you think it really matters? its always gonna stick with the franchise.

I'm just saying it's not something I would brag about. If my city receives a team that has won championships, I wouldn't gloat about it and be like: "Yeah, our team has won X amount of championships, and yours hasn't, or has only won blah blah blah amount."

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Yes they count it has always been the lakers brand who has won them so yes

Yunqn
02-25-2013, 02:34 PM
So the thunder have championships ?

And if seattle gets a team do they strip the thunder titles since it happen in seattle ?

lpdunks8
02-25-2013, 02:50 PM

No asterisk in my book. As an army brat during my elementary school years in Europe, I basically saw a handful of NBA teams on Armed Forces Television. Magic and co. was the team that I picked as my favorites. So, I'm a Lakers fan not an L.A. Lakers fan. I'm a Bears fan and not a Chicago Bears fan as well (although I was fortunate enough to live there in high school).

It's not regional for someone like me.

DumDum
02-25-2013, 06:31 PM
they were only 12 teams way back when it counts for me but the makers are the the top of the food chain when it comes to chips. do they have the most hall of fame players?

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-25-2013, 08:13 PM
Thread fail!

LAKERMANIA
02-25-2013, 08:17 PM
When a company moves from one city to another, that doesn't mean the history of that company stays in the previous location...

JEDean89
02-25-2013, 09:29 PM
So the thunder have championships ?

And if seattle gets a team do they strip the thunder titles since it happen in seattle ?

i think i read that if Seattle gets a team back before x date then they get to keep their history if not the Thunder get that championship. I am not sure when the date is but i think it is soon. My guess is that Seattle will have the history if they get a team back, which still is not 100%, we will know by the end of march it looks like.

DumDum
03-27-2013, 03:38 AM
I think so

Avenged
03-27-2013, 03:42 AM
Again, don't bump threads for no reason. This should have been closed at the start to begin with.