PDA

View Full Version : Hate to have to say this but we are a soft team.

NYR80
02-25-2013, 12:30 AM
with the absence of dubi prust and anisimov it totally changed the make up of this team. the identity they created last season is a distant memory. i like nash, dont get me wrong, dynamic player but hes a big *****. we have good players on this team but they are not all on the same page and some not buying into torts system or some just tired of his system. we need guys to mix it up a little. get meaner around their own net and on the boards. finish every check. an occasional game misconduct penalty wouldnt hurt either. also noticed torts lost a bit of intensity compared to last season. wonder if its because of the shortened season?

fingerbang
02-25-2013, 01:03 AM
with the absence of dubi prust and anisimov it totally changed the make up of this team. the identity they created last season is a distant memory. i like nash, dont get me wrong, dynamic player but hes a big *****. we have good players on this team but they are not all on the same page and some not buying into torts system or some just tired of his system. we need guys to mix it up a little. get meaner around their own net and on the boards. finish every check. an occasional game misconduct penalty wouldnt hurt either. also noticed torts lost a bit of intensity compared to last season. wonder if its because of the shortened season?

We hit a ton, one of the best in the league at it. What is your definition of soft? IMO, a team that hits a lot and blocks a lot of shots is by no means, "soft".

nyanks79
02-25-2013, 01:17 AM
Wouldnt say were soft, but I dont think they are sticking up for each other as much they could. Nothing happened to Pac.

NYR80
02-25-2013, 09:46 AM
hitting and blocking shots are part of our game but its average at best. no where close to what we did last season. we played with an edge last season and its totally gone this year. that was our identity. a hard working team that didnt mind getting their hands dirty.

NYR_NYJ
02-25-2013, 10:12 AM
I wouldn't say soft but they aren't as "hard" to play against as last year. I figured with Nash the style would change to more up-tempo hockey and have more puck possession, but they aren't doing that either.

They lack some kind of identity.